IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 301.
#1551 6 years ago

Enjoying the new features on my pro.

20171006_134448 (resized).jpg20171006_134448 (resized).jpg

20171006_134426 (resized).jpg20171006_134426 (resized).jpg

20171006_134411 (resized).jpg20171006_134411 (resized).jpg

20171006_134341 (resized).jpg20171006_134341 (resized).jpg

20171006_134308 (resized).jpg20171006_134308 (resized).jpg

#1552 6 years ago

My download keeps hanging up RIGHT at the end. Ugh.

#1553 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

My download keeps hanging up RIGHT at the end. Ugh.

A computer classic to be sure
They never get sick of that gag

#1554 6 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Changed out my Premium translite with the Pro today. I wanted the Premium cabinet with the Pro version artwork because the Pro artwork was more of an amalgam of the Trilogy, but of course, that wasn't an option. I went with the Premium due to the better options/features, etc, so I had to compromise by getting the Premium and then getting the Pro translite. Much more happy with this. The look of the machine adds to the gameplay experience, in my opinion. Glad I made the switch...

Just mounted my extra translites so I could have all three on deck for an easy change. Love the pro right now. I ordered the parts through my dist. and they were shipped from Stern. Less that $100 total for the two glass pieces and 8 plastics.

IMG_1085 (resized).PNGIMG_1085 (resized).PNG

IMG_1084 (resized).PNGIMG_1084 (resized).PNG

#1555 6 years ago

Next week I’m Adding my second wonderful SW Pro to my first partner in Atl, My Parents Basement. In the meantime while testing and modding it and waiting for 0.91 to download, I had a good but I think buggy game lol

Also, FWIW, my gf is new to pinball but loves this game. I’ve shown her 4-5 great titles and this one gave her the most addictive “one more” response no question.

6A951338-1661-4B18-AE35-A55A3E5FCE66 (resized).jpeg6A951338-1661-4B18-AE35-A55A3E5FCE66 (resized).jpeg

850B5CF0-58F1-4578-A30E-3EE9CE315969 (resized).jpeg850B5CF0-58F1-4578-A30E-3EE9CE315969 (resized).jpeg

#1556 6 years ago

I think the pro translite is the best. I wish the artwork on the sides were reversed though, as I like the left side better, but that is the part nobody sees in my basement. May have to re-arrange!

#1557 6 years ago

So who's gonna be first to stream the new code?

#1558 6 years ago

We were last weekend at the Belgian Open Pinball

#1559 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

We were last weekend at the Belgian Open Pinball

True. I was thinking something more personable though with the streamer talking and answering game questions as they play.

#1560 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

True. I was thinking something more personable though with the streamer talking and answering game questions as they play.

Might be able to accommodate this weekend if someone else doesn't beat me to it. I'll report back.

#1561 6 years ago

I jumped right to Han and did the Hoth I. I didn't get any bounce backs from that loop at all, so I'm thinking that is fixed.

Video mode was pretty slick. Only a few times I was able to cleanly get a boost off without hitting something.

Also did like the subtle Xwing sound when shooting tie fighters. Don't think I like cutting Yoda off. I liked it before where it would skip through but you could still hear the rest of his phrase.

#1562 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I jumped right to Han and did the Hoth I. I didn't get any bounce backs from that loop at all, so I'm thinking that is fixed.
Video mode was pretty slick. Only a few times I was able to cleanly get a boost off without hitting something.

Im curious to hear more on the video mode especially as people play it more. Repetitive? challenging? too long? need more/less? My first impression is I think it looks sweet. It may be a little cheesy with todays technology, but what video mode in pinball is not cheesy And kudos for Dwight/Steve for implementing the first video mode into an LCD and taking a risk with it. It could have been worse, it could have been GOT 2.0 video mode

#1563 6 years ago

Will there be multiple video modes? Also, I would love to hear jaba and the emperor when the ball drains alternating between Yoda phrases. Yoda definitely gets repetitive, and that's just from watching many streams. Games looking better though and I'm strongly considering a premium.

#1564 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Im curious to hear more on the video mode especially as people play it more. Repetitive? challenging? too long? need more/less? My first impression is I think it looks sweet. It may be a little cheesy with todays technology, but what video mode in pinball is not cheesy And kudos for Dwight/Steve for implementing the first video mode into an LCD and taking a risk with it. It could have been worse, it could have been GOT 2.0 video mode

I think it's boring. Just avoiding stuff. Pretty standard. Looks cool though.

#1565 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it's boring. Just avoiding stuff. Pretty standard. Looks cool though.

Just played a good game on 0.91.
My thoughts. Code feels much better, tighter. Teal arrows much easier to distinguish.

Got to video mode, meh. But I’m not a video mode guy anyways.

Got to light saber and it was awesome GI lighting and stuff. Very cool.

#1566 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There's a menu setting to decrease the length of the video mode, which will be useful if it ends up feeling like a drag. I enjoyed playing it a few times last night, but will be interesting to see how it wears. I like fast and intense video modes (like dagger dodging in The Shadow). This one lets you take a number of hits (though you can't get max points if you take hits), so it runs a little longer.

#1567 6 years ago

Just went to the Stern website and was going to download latest code - There is NO code whatsoever at the moment up for Star Wars.
No older versions or the newest one. None.

#1568 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Just played a good game on 0.91.
My thoughts. Code feels much better, tighter. Teal arrows much easier to distinguish.
Got to video mode, meh. But I’m not a video mode guy anyways.
Got to light saber and it was awesome GI lighting and stuff. Very cool.

Learned cool stuff from Dwight. I think the shot multiplier affects this mode should you have the Hoth shot green when you shoot it. (Still confirming)

Use the boost the whole time!! Haha

Also if you get video mode lit from the drops and you have Hoth I lit, when you play you will play it back to back. 2 different levels.

#1569 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also if you get video mode lit from the drops and you have Hoth I lit, when you play you will play it back to back. 2 different levels.

Interesting! I was wondering about this. So Han and Leia have to (get to?) play the video mode twice per game then?

#1570 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Interesting! I was wondering about this. So Han and Leia have to (get to?) play the video mode twice per game then?

Yes, I have even played video mode back to back from the hoth shot.

Rob

#1571 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Learned cool stuff from Dwight. I think the shot multiplier affects this mode should you have the Hoth shot green when you shoot it. (Still confirming)

Doesn't matter as it isn't worth much. i did it with a semi high multiplier and wasn;t anything noticeable.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Im curious to hear more on the video mode especially as people play it more. Repetitive? challenging? too long? need more/less? It could have been worse, it could have been GOT 2.0 video mode

it's kind of fun...it isn;t going to cure cancer and it isn;t going to give it to anyone's flow receptors (well normal players anyway).
It could have been much worse; it could have been GOT 1.0!

#1572 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Just went to the Stern website and was going to download latest code - There is NO code whatsoever at the moment up for Star Wars.
No older versions or the newest one. None.

They pulled it, they said it should be posted back up later tonight

#1573 6 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

They pulled it, they said it should be posted back up later tonight

.92 is up now.

#1574 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Doesn't matter as it isn't worth much. i did it with a semi high multiplier and wasn;t anything noticeable.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The multiplier does affect video mode scoring and will be shown in the top right. And you can score quite a lot with a high multiplier.

Rob

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The multiplier does affect video mode scoring and will be shown in the top right. And you can score quite a lot with a high multiplier.
Rob

Do you know how much you get for doing a perfect run? I think I ended up 5-6 mill and might have had a 14x or somthing which certain(t)ly doesn't make much of a dent scoring wise. I mean it's nothing to throw in the trash but I wouldn;t be increasing my X before going in for that

#1576 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you know how much you get for doing a perfect run? I think I ended up 5-6 mill and might have had a 14x or somthing which certain(t)ly doesn't make much of a dent scoring wise. I mean it's nothing to throw in the trash but I wouldn;t be increasing my X before going in for that

Are you sure you had the multiplier placed on the hoth entrance of the mini loop? It really sounds like you just had 1x.

Rob

#1577 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you sure you had the multiplier placed on the hoth entrance of the mini loop? It really sounds like you just had 1x.
Rob

Thought I was...moved it over there and everything. I'll try it again and see what happens. What kind of score did you get from it or is a secret?
EDIT: Perhaps I'm confusing it with Light Saber battle...hmm it was late and i was sober so can confuse me

#1578 6 years ago

Anyone know what bug they had to fix? I didn’t notice a bug.

#1579 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thought I was...moved it over there and everything. I'll try it again and see what happens. What kind of score did you get from it or is a secret

I just got 121,000,000 in the video mode.
No clue what my multiplier was going into it and I passed over 200 asteroids. Used the fire button the whole way through (the ship turns blue) and only hit a few asteroids.

#1580 6 years ago

Anyone have this problem?
So, I've been playing code .89 on my premium and having a lot of fun. Yesterday I downloaded the new .92 code (game code, not read me file) onto a fresh, new flash drive, formatted FAT32, put into the Spike usb port, turned the machine on, and the game just started up like normal as if there wasn't anything in the usb drive. I thought maybe it was just a bad download, so I removed the flash with machine off, erased and re-dowloaded, tried again but same thing. This was on a Mac computer.
There's another recent thread where it appeared that someone else had an issue with Mac, but success with a Windows computer. So, I downloaded again onto a fresh new flash drive from a Windows computer, but same thing! It seems as if the Spike board isn't recognizing that there's a flash drive in the port?!
Am i missing something? Any suggestions? I've been so excited about this new code, and now with all these great new pics from everyone, I'm losing my mind!

#1582 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Anyone have this problem?
So, I've been playing code .89 on my premium and having a lot of fun. Yesterday I downloaded the new .92 code (game code, not read me file) onto a fresh, new flash drive, formatted FAT32, put into the Spike usb port, turned the machine on, and the game just started up like normal as if there wasn't anything in the usb drive. I thought maybe it was just a bad download, so I removed the flash with machine off, erased and re-dowloaded, tried again but same thing. This was on a Mac computer.
There's another recent thread where it appeared that someone else had an issue with Mac, but success with a Windows computer. So, I downloaded again onto a fresh new flash drive from a Windows computer, but same thing! It seems as if the Spike board isn't recognizing that there's a flash drive in the port?!
Am i missing something? Any suggestions? I've been so excited about this new code, and now with all these great new pics from everyone, I'm losing my mind!

I assume you unzipped the downloaded file and then put the 2 extracted files on the usb stick? Not sure otherwise.

#1583 6 years ago

Thanks @jints56. You were right. That bugger was still zipped! Man, I'm such a dumdbass. I never thought of myself as any sort of IT guy There wasn't an "unzip" option, but there was an "extract" option, which when selected, put a new open folder on the desktop. I transferred that to the flash, and now I'm updating! Can't wait. I'm not working today, so lightsaber duel get ready!!! Thanks for bringing the unzipping up.

#1584 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks jints56. You were right. That bugger was still zipped! Man, I'm such a dumdbass. I never thought of myself as any sort of IT guy There wasn't an "unzip" option, but there was an "extract" option, which when selected, put a new open folder on the desktop. I transferred that to the flash, and now I'm updating! Can't wait. I'm not working today, so lightsaber duel get ready!!! Thanks for bringing the unzipping up.

Glad to hear. Have fun!

#1585 6 years ago

Btw, for those less savvy...
Can anyone comment on the update options, i.e. Update: Quick vs. Full; Verify: Yes vs. No.

#1586 6 years ago

I usually choose quick and no

#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks jints56. You were right. That bugger was still zipped! Man, I'm such a dumdbass. I never thought of myself as any sort of IT guy There wasn't an "unzip" option, but there was an "extract" option, which when selected, put a new open folder on the desktop. I transferred that to the flash, and now I'm updating! Can't wait. I'm not working today, so lightsaber duel get ready!!! Thanks for bringing the unzipping up.

Don't feel bad, I'm a bit of a tech guy but still found Sterns' instructions pretty vague and had to come search on Pinside to figure out how to do my first update this week!

#1588 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Btw, for those less savvy...
Can anyone comment on the update options, i.e. Update: Quick vs. Full; Verify: Yes vs. No.

I’ve been updating Sterns for about four years. I’ve never chosen anything but Quick and No Verify. (I.e. the fastest method). Never had an issue. It’s a wonder there’s even those two choices.

#1589 6 years ago

OH...IT. IS. ON!
Thank you all. Appreciate the advice and support. Let's get this .92 rolling!!

20171007_084231.jpg20171007_084231.jpg

#1590 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I’ve never chosen anything but Quick and No Verify. (I.e. the fastest method). Never had an issue.

I always choose full and yes, whats the difference anyway? I' really liking the code on this game already, now a video mode and it seems like a lot of added call outs which are great, might not have a lot of toys but damn is this pin fun to shoot.

#1591 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I always choose full and yes, whats the difference anyway?

Most likely, Full replaces all code and Quick replaces only code that has changed/added. The verification step confirms that the code was not corrupted during download or when unzipped.

#1592 6 years ago

Ok, Lightsaber Duel is awesome, and I'm not a great pinball player, so of course I only saved 1 character before draining so very hard but it was awesome. The new Darth Vader call outs on other modes is also very cool.
That said, I noticed 2 things unfortunate I hadn't experienced beforehand on my machine: Twice I made death star shots that weren't acknowledged, and once (just as I have seen in previous threads from earlier codes), while in hyperspace loop, at a time when a mode choice was coming, as opposed to getting ultimately trapped on the death star to make the mode choice, instead the ball continued along the trail to the right flipper, which of course was nonfunctional in prep for mode choosing. I lost that ball and at that point, I hadn't even experience the Duel!!! It was frustrating.

#1593 6 years ago

Mirrorblades look great on this title as it has large open sidewalls. Also pictured, blue head molding, lollipop side rails.

2A2B0CAA-764D-40A8-A639-FCE794CA7B4D (resized).jpeg2A2B0CAA-764D-40A8-A639-FCE794CA7B4D (resized).jpeg

2454F126-6C2B-482F-BDB3-33C870CEFA47 (resized).jpeg2454F126-6C2B-482F-BDB3-33C870CEFA47 (resized).jpeg

7BD0C63C-3B4B-4F1D-AEC0-DA3BC7E1D4A5 (resized).jpeg7BD0C63C-3B4B-4F1D-AEC0-DA3BC7E1D4A5 (resized).jpeg

#1594 6 years ago

Does quick erase audits and high scores ?

#1595 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Does quick erase audits and high scores ?

Yes

#1596 6 years ago

I don't know if this is code-related, or just a coincidence, but with both .91 and .92, the fork will sometimes not drop low enough, and the ball hangs up on it until the game does a few ball searches (and then it'll eventually drop low enough to roll off).

Is there a menu adjustment or a simple fix for this?

#1597 6 years ago

I don't know if this is code-related, or just a coincidence, but with both .91 and .92, the fork will sometimes not drop low enough, and the ball hangs up on it until the game does a few ball searches (and then it'll eventually drop low enough to roll off).
Is there a menu adjustment or a simple fix for this?

Yes, I noticed that once after about 20 games. The fork is about 1cm up from the playfield and have to wait for ball search. I did not notice that at all on .89 code.
I also noticed some unfortunate death star and hyperloop issues initially after updating, but fortunately I have not seen then since.
Man, this game is a blast!!! ...and hard to walk away from!! Loving it.

#1598 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yes, I noticed that once after about 20 games. The fork is about 1cm up from the playfield and have to wait for ball search. I did not notice that at all on .89 code.
I also noticed some unfortunate death star and hyperloop issues initially after updating, but fortunately I have not seen then since.
Man, this game is a blast!!! ...and hard to walk away from!! Loving it.

On one hand, I'm sorry that you're experiencing this too, but on the other hand, I'm glad it's not just me. I was concerned that it was a mechanical issue, but it sounds like it's probably code-related. Hopefully they'll get that sorted out in the next update.

It really is an outstanding game. Every time I go into the game room for "one game," it usually winds up being 5-10.

#1599 6 years ago

Every time I go into the game room for "one game," it usually winds up being 5-10.

The ultimate compliment. This game is turning my complete newb gf on to pinball.

I love the game, would love it even more if there was a more newb friendly multiball. Not a huge fan of the tie fighter button mashing. Also not fun having to adjust right eject to avoid SDTM drains. Small gripes, amazing game overall.

#1600 6 years ago

White speaker grill backing. A couple more small mods to go. Filfthy yellow cards are next to go.

7A1AD049-78CE-4205-BCB6-678C49C90522 (resized).jpeg7A1AD049-78CE-4205-BCB6-678C49C90522 (resized).jpeg

6C76345D-1E8E-4C33-A818-07F52D934E93 (resized).jpeg6C76345D-1E8E-4C33-A818-07F52D934E93 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.