IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 301.
#1501 6 years ago

That's correct, you advance to a next level after a certain nr of passed asteroids. And you have a streak and 'best streak' in the bottom.

Interesting is that the total value depends of the actual multiplier.
No multiplier means the video mode is worth little points, even when flown near perfect. (5-10M)

#1502 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

WWE Kiiillllsss on location! .... a few square feet that is... hehe. No offense to WWE fans, I just like poking fun at it, to each their own
I’m pretty sure I’ll be adding a second Star Wars to my first loc hopefully this weekend and that will be a good gauge of SW demand vs my existing TWD there.
I will tell you guys it was painful to pickup a SW and take it immediately to location without so much as a single real test game in my house!

Why not take it home for a couple days to get it dialed in first?

#1503 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why not take it home for a couple days to get it dialed in first?

Because two reasons: first, convenience in moving the game- and secondly, I already will be making several check-in visits the first couple weeks anyways. I play a couple balls each time to ensure everything’s peachy. Plus- dialed in at my house on my carpet is different than dialed in on loc with a hard floor, etc.

#1504 6 years ago
Quoted from Jzel13:

I'm a newbie to the forum and just got a Pro and am having the same issues with the Up Post not locking the ball in the loop 90% of the time. I assume it's due to that code update and am wondering if you got this issue solved? I assume mine came from the factory with the latest code. Any assistance to correct this is appreciated.

it's a code issue. the 2 previous codes it worked 99% but .89 code its 50% or less and very annoying. hopefully they fix it in the upcoming code update for all you SW owners.

#1505 6 years ago

Changed out my Premium translite with the Pro today. I wanted the Premium cabinet with the Pro version artwork because the Pro artwork was more of an amalgam of the Trilogy, but of course, that wasn't an option. I went with the Premium due to the better options/features, etc, so I had to compromise by getting the Premium and then getting the Pro translite. Much more happy with this. The look of the machine adds to the gameplay experience, in my opinion. Glad I made the switch...

IMG_2409 (resized).JPGIMG_2409 (resized).JPG

IMG_2411 (resized).JPGIMG_2411 (resized).JPG

IMG_2412 (resized).JPGIMG_2412 (resized).JPG

IMG_2413 (resized).JPGIMG_2413 (resized).JPG

IMG_2414 (resized).JPGIMG_2414 (resized).JPG

IMG_2415 (resized).JPGIMG_2415 (resized).JPG

#1506 6 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Changed out my Premium translite with the Pro today.

Looks great! I did the opposite haha.

c5d2b1bc582d8e9692c307d8201d752c00ce3f34 (resized).jpgc5d2b1bc582d8e9692c307d8201d752c00ce3f34 (resized).jpg

#1507 6 years ago

I love all the translite mix 'n' match going on here! I also like the Pro translite and was thinking of picking one up to swap into my Premium. @zenomorp, where did you get yours?

#1508 6 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Changed out my Premium translite with the Pro today. I wanted the Premium cabinet with the Pro version artwork because the Pro artwork was more of an amalgam of the Trilogy, but of course, that wasn't an option. I went with the Premium due to the better options/features, etc, so I had to compromise by getting the Premium and then getting the Pro translite. Much more happy with this. The look of the machine adds to the gameplay experience, in my opinion. Glad I made the switch...

I would like to buy a premium translite if anyone wants to sell theres from swaping.

#1509 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I love all the translite mix 'n' match going on here! I also like the Pro translite and was thinking of picking one up to swap into my Premium. zenomorp, where did you get yours?

Ebay.

ebay.com link: NOS Stern Star Wars Pro Pinball Machine Translite 830 52J5 00 New Free Shipping

#1510 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I love all the translite mix 'n' match going on here! I also like the Pro translite and was thinking of picking one up to swap into my Premium. zenomorp, where did you get yours?

fosaisu you can have mine for $70 shipped. PM me if interested!

#1511 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Looks great! I did the opposite haha.

Lol, yeah, I remember you saying you did that.

#1512 6 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Ebay.
ebay.com link » Nos Stern Star Wars Pro Pinball Machine Translite 830 52j5 00 New Free Shipping

ewwwww from the worst seller...... im surprised you actually received the item you bought after he has ripped off so many people.

#1513 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

ewwwww from the worst seller...... im surprised you actually received the item you bought after he has ripped off so many people.

Actually, I got it from this seller, but they don't have any more at the moment. I was simply posting a link to which ever seller popped up first...

ebay.com link: alienquarks

#1514 6 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Actually, I got it from this seller, but they don't have any more at the moment. I was simply posting a link to which ever seller popped up first...
ebay.com link

That is great to hear, the other one you linked to has ripped off so many people its crazy.

#1515 6 years ago

Nobody wants an LE translite?

Rob

#1516 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

The LE translite isn't really my bag. But I imagine people won't be selling those left and right since they'll be harder to come by and it might be hard to sell an LE machine down the road without the stock translite (whereas LE owners may be selling their "extra" Premium and Pro translites on eBay as we speak).

#1517 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I kept mine in. Love it...matches the Falcon theme of the rest of the machine, and reminds me of Empire Strikes Back because the seating arrangement is taken from when they're flying into the asteroid field after escaping Hoth.

#1518 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yeah, regardless of your feelings towards it I'd definitely hang onto it for future buyers! Full disclaimer, I think you're crazy to ever sell it. My humble pro is still my most played game even over my shiny new AFM and AC/DC premium

#1519 6 years ago

Yeah, regardless of your feelings towards it I'd definitely hang onto it for future buyers! Full disclaimer, I think you're crazy to ever sell it. My humble pro is still my most played game even over my shiny new AFM and AC/DC premium

Glad you enjoy it!

My acdc left so I could get SW. Acdc is great for sure and I really enjoyed it for the couple of years I had it, but 3 bad games in a row on it and I would walk. 3 bad games in a row on SW, which happens for sure, I will hit start another dozen times hunting for a billion. I am good not great at pinball, but I have my moments and SW is tough for sure.

AFM is great also. AFM is my favorite BW, but SM is my AFM semi copy cat that I love too. I will own AFM someday.

#1520 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

bad games in a row on SW, which happens for sure, I will hit start another dozen times hunting for a billion.

Yeah it's tricky balancing getting far in the game and working the multipliers up there. Easier to concentrate on 1 but when you get them both it's great.

#1521 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it's tricky balancing getting far in the game and working the multipliers up there. Easier to concentrate on 1 but when you get them both it's great.

At first I saw the multipliers and I did not know what to think?? Now it is fun building the them up and moving them around. I drain a lot when I try to switch them around and think is it a challenging blast!

I also like the Tie Fighter button that drains me also. My fault! Hit start again!

Still need to work on getting far in the game.

#1522 6 years ago

Is there anywhere that a tutorial on the multipliers is written? Because clearly I have no idea WTF I'm doing. Didn't even know you could "move them around." Say whaaaaaat?

#1523 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is there anywhere that a tutorial on the multipliers is written? Because clearly I have no idea WTF I'm doing. Didn't even know you could "move them around." Say whaaaaaat?

For reals? (Sorry but it's been discussed so much in the SW threads it's hard to believe you're not joking here).

#1524 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

For reals? (Sorry but it's been discussed so much in the SW threads it's hard to believe you're not joking here).

Nope. Totally serious. I thought there might be a place where I didn't have to wade through 31 pages of BS.

EDIT: Does it have something to do with those red and green things floating around at the bottom of the screen? Ah, f**k it...I'll just play the game and not worry about the multipliers. Still fun even when you don't know WTF you're doing.

#1525 6 years ago

Quick version: the X arrows below each shot are the multiplier indicator. If green, that shot is multiplied (base of 2x, up to 40x). To move multipliers around, hit center button once, use flippers to shift (and note that X arrows are now red, meaning multipliers are NOT engaged), them center button again to lock them in (they'll turn green again).

#1526 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Quick version: the X arrows below each shot are the multiplier indicator. If green, that shot is multiplied (base of 2x, up to 40x). To move multipliers around, hit center button once, use flippers to shift (and not that X arrows are now red, meaning multipliers are NOT engaged), them center button again to lock them in (they'll turn green again).

Thanks, buddy. I NEVER noticed that. (Still don't know what those floating green and red things are, though!)

#1527 6 years ago

Basic strategy is to put multipliers on shots you know will be big (i.e. Hyperspace DS shot, final shot of a mode, etc.) to get a potentially crazy score boost.

Alternately just keep them on DS and surround shots which are pretty commonly used. But be aware that you may accidentally turn them off pounding the center button to kill TIE Fighters. In which case you'll need to re engage them.

Good time to shift them around is in mystery select, or when ball is in the pops.

All much easier said than done!

#1528 6 years ago

Okay...what the hell are these things on the screen. They bounce around in green, then turn red with X's.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#1529 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks, buddy. I NEVER noticed that. (Still don't know what those floating green and red things are, though!)

That 40x multiplier is the shot multiplier. There are X inserts scattered over the playfield.
If they are colored red, they are off. If they are green, they are on.
Toggle them on and off with the lockbar button.
If they are off/red, use the flipper buttons to move the X shots to different shots. Press lockbar button to turn them green and lock them in
At 2x, three X shots will be lit up. As you increase the multiplier (via the three standup targets below the mini LCD screen), the number of multiplied shots decreases.
So when you get up to 40x, only one X shot will be lit up.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...what the hell are these things on the screen. They bounce around in green, then turn red with X's.

Slot awards. Pops. Like GOT and GB. Once two are the same they lock in until you get the third.

#1530 6 years ago

Thank you both VERY much. I'll keep this to myself; if I try to share it with my wife, she'll just tell me to shut the f**k up and let her enjoy the game. There's a point where non-pinheads just don't want to get bogged down in too many rules. Some of these later Stern games teeter perilously close to pissing newbs off...and I'm starting to see why.

#1531 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Some of these later Stern games teeter perilously close to pissing newbs off...

...Or perhaps they're helping newbs (like me) realize they've been missing out on game play that they never imagined was possible.

#1532 6 years ago

I can see how a newbie would be confused on all of the rules on this game. I even second guessed my LE choice until I hit a few multiballs and the machine went nuts, thats when my Pro thoughts quickly faded.
The more I play it the more I really start to dig into it. Seems like every few games I see something I had not seen before.
I think game 20-30 I started to get it so I really need to read the rules here an on other posts.

Thought I would announce it here first being this thread gives SW all the love...formal announcement later this week.

We are running LE side rail EL panels as I sit here typing. They will light up the rails as they should have / could have been from the factory and they are plug in and play. Ultra bright white light and paper thin construction. These will be custom made for the application. The run is limited so if you want in early contact me at [email protected].

No money down as the norm with us and those on the pre release will get free shipping in the USA and discount as we have done in the past target price is under $100.

Will add a second picture in a few weeks when proto arrive fro the rails ...so before:

20171004_221241_resized (resized).jpg20171004_221241_resized (resized).jpg

Second shot just my own balancing of the playfield with simple add on details.

20171004_221228_resized (resized).jpg20171004_221228_resized (resized).jpg

#1533 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I can see how a newbie would be confused on all of the rules on this game.
The more I play it the more I really start to dig into it. Seems like every few games I see something I had not seen before.
I think game 20-30 I started to get it so I really need to read the rules here an on other posts.
Thought I would announce it here first being this thread give SW all the love...formal announcement later this week.
We are running LE side rail EL panels as I sit here typing. They will light up the rails as they should have / could have been from the factory and they are plug in and play. Ultra bright white light and paper thin construction. These will be custom made for the application. The run is limited so if you want in early contact me at [email protected].
No money down as the norm with us and those on the pre release will get free shipping in the USA and discount as we have done in the past target price is under $100.
Will add a second picture in a few weeks when proto arrive fro the rails ...so before:

Those rails are gonna be sweet...makes me wish I had the LE...any plans on laser-cut rails (lightsabers, etc) that are lighted like you plan? If so, ready to order for my premium.

#1534 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I can see how a newbie would be confused on all of the rules on this game.
Thought I would announce it here first being this thread give SW all the love...formal announcement later this week.

Hmmmmm. Interesting!

#1535 6 years ago

Hmmmmm. Interesting!

Ordered!

#1536 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That 40x multiplier is the shot multiplier. There are X inserts scattered over the playfield.
If they are colored red, they are off. If they are green, they are on.
Toggle them on and off with the lockbar button.
If they are off/red, use the flipper buttons to move the X shots to different shots. Press lockbar button to turn them green and lock them in
At 2x, three X shots will be lit up. As you increase the multiplier (via the three standup targets below the mini LCD screen), the number of multiplied shots decreases.
So when you get up to 40x, only one X shot will be lit up.

Slot awards. Pops. Like GOT and GB. Once two are the same they lock in until you get the third.

Just reading this makes me think all those folks who decided to post their reviews of SW after having under 10 plays on location were complete agenda driven idiots without a clue!

#1537 6 years ago

Installed the shaker motor tonight and really like it! It’s well integrated and not overpowering like some other games. Just a nice added dimension. Excited to play with the new code when it ships.

Marc

#1538 6 years ago

Just reading this makes me think all those folks who decided to post their reviews of SW after having under 10 plays on location were complete agenda driven idiots without a clue!

Well I give those people at least credit for playing it 10 times....most people rage quitted before playing bekaus maf class wuz hardd.

Seriously it's the same thing we tried to get people to understand aboot GOT; IT'S FUN. It adds a major risk vs reward to gameplay. Little bit of a learning curve at the beginning but when was learning something so bad? All the things, the tricks the rules to all the games everyone loves had to be learned...no one walks up to a modern game and knows everything right off the bat...shiit or SS or EM to be honest.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

(Still don't know what those floating green and red things are, though!)

So now that you know what they are, the more basic & important idea is that the target bank in the middle increases the multipliers every time you hit it. The multiplier number stays lit for a period of time and then you'll hear some beeping (you've already heard it all the time) and the green arrows will blink...that means they are running out and you need to hit the bank again to increase/keep them lit. If you don;t it goes back to 2X and you have to start building it again.

Quoted from fosaisu:

If green, that shot is multiplied (base of 2x, up to 40x).

In normal play it's only 20X right...with the Force award doubling it to 40X, correct? Because I haven't seen over 40.

#1539 6 years ago

Here are some pics of my LE with premium translite and new lit Star Destroyer.

I effing love this game.

IMG_2326 (resized).JPGIMG_2326 (resized).JPG

IMG_2327 (resized).JPGIMG_2327 (resized).JPG

IMG_2328 (resized).JPGIMG_2328 (resized).JPG

#1540 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Here are some pics of my LE with premium translite and new lit Star Destroyer.
I effing love this game.

Lighted Star Destoryer? Where can I get this...balances the field.

#1541 6 years ago

Ha, no I wasn't going to sell it. But I think there's generally little love for that translite.

Rob

#1542 6 years ago

New lit Star Destroyer...

Awesome! which model is the base?

Thanks!

#1543 6 years ago

My pro got delivered today! Unboxed, no ghosting, and new code released on top of it all. Game is a hit with the family. 20171005_142702 (resized).jpg20171005_142702 (resized).jpg20171005_135139 (resized).jpg20171005_135139 (resized).jpg

#1544 6 years ago

Awesome man! Is it like cold up there in MN?

Hey is there new code out for SW?

#1545 6 years ago

Hey is there new code out for SW?

haha yes there is...it's all the buzz

#1546 6 years ago

Awesome man! Is it like cold up there in MN?

Winter is coming... oh wait. Wrong thread (but one of my other favorite Ritchie/Dwight games).

#1547 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

it's a code issue. the 2 previous codes it worked 99% but .89 code its 50% or less and very annoying. hopefully they fix it in the upcoming code update for all you SW owners.

The new code came out today. I hope it fixes this issue.

#1548 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Lighted Star Destoryer? Where can I get this...balances the field.

http://lightedpinballmods.com/

#1549 6 years ago

Thanks. But after searching, I don't see it. Maybe they are out temporarily...or is this a custom mod?

#1550 6 years ago

Send them an email. They didn't have them on their site but they still had it for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.