SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 302.
#1451 6 years ago

Just got mine all setup yesterday!

So now down to business...
Already ordered Silverjets for it, but should we worry about anything else for protection (shooter lane, etc)? First NiB so suggestions are certainly appreciated.

B97DFAFA-A599-4550-8503-BA2DE21E8E64 (resized).jpegB97DFAFA-A599-4550-8503-BA2DE21E8E64 (resized).jpeg

#1452 6 years ago

Just wax it, and put a little mylar on the shooter lane so when you want to sell it some asshole doesn't start crying aboot how the shooter looks like balls have been in it.

#1453 6 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

Just got mine all setup yesterday!
So now down to business...
Already ordered Silverjets for it, but should we worry about anything else for protection (shooter lane, etc)? First NiB so suggestions are certainly appreciated.

The magnets in that game may mess with the silverjets. I'd use regular pinballs.

#1454 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice.

Second quick question: is the light inside the Death Star supposed to be on during gameplay? Seems weird. It does go off at times so it’s not some connection issue. But it’s on all the time during normal play.

#1455 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just wax it, and put a little mylar on the shooter lane so when you want to sell it some asshole doesn't start crying aboot how the shooter looks like balls have been in it.

Don't even bother. This is Pinside...that asshole will just find something else to whine about.

#1456 6 years ago

I could use some help from one or more of you seasoned pinball players. A little background...other than a dozen or so games here and there, SWLE is the first pin I've to any great extent in over 40 years (marriage changes priorities). The wife and I are having a blast with it and though we have gotten close, neither one of us have broken a billion or blown up the death star. I'm sure lack of experience is to blame for most of it, but I'm still not understanding the multiplier. Frequently I've gotten the multiplier up to 40x and it's green, but my score never seems to reflect it. I've had 40x on the display, but after the ball ends I'm awarded something less like 5x. Exactly what does the multiplier apply to and when is it applied? Also, is there a "Steve Ritchie Pinball Game Instructions for Dummies" book out there?

BTW, I've read the rule sheet that is posted on another pin website and while it was very helpful, it seems to be written for someone that understands the basics...which we don't. Thanks in advance.

#1457 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I've had 40x on the display, but after the ball ends I'm awarded something less like 5x.

The 40x, or anything X that's shown in the top middle of the screen, is the SHOT multiplier. SHOTS that have the GREEN ARROWS lit will be multiplied by that number. The after ball BONUS X is separate.

The multiplier arrows you can move around by hitting the lock down bar button. When the arrows are red the multipliers are NOT on, and puhsing the flipper buttons moves them around...hitting the button again stops them from moving (locks them in), and turns them green (on.)

EDIT: Without going into great detail and if you don;t want to hit the button and move the arrows around people usually make the middle 3 shots green and leave them there. Death Star, Ramp, Hoth shot.

#1458 6 years ago

That 40x multiplier is the shot multiplier. There are X inserts scattered over the playfield.

If they are colored red, they are off. If they are green, they are on.

Toggle them on and off with the lockbar button.

If they are off/red, use the flipper buttons to move the X shots to different shots. Press lockbar button to turn them green and lock them in

At 2x, three X shots will be lit up. As you increase the multiplier (via the three standup targets below the mini LCD screen), the number of multiplied shots decreases.

So when you get up to 40x, only one X shot will be lit up.

Hope that helps.

#1459 6 years ago

TheLaw and @chuckwurt, thank you both. Yes, this helps. Pretty straight forward and I was overthinking it.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Without going into great detail and if you don;t want to hit the button and move the arrows around people usually make the middle 3 shots green and leave them there. Death Star, Ramp, Hoth shot.

I think that's an outstanding idea!

#1460 6 years ago

Has anyone brought up having the death star explode during the match video. It seems a natural progression with the light show starting at the lock bar and going up to the Death Star. Why not have it open up since I have yet to achieve it after 100 plays

#1461 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Has anyone brought up having the death star explode during the match video. It seems a natural progression with the light show starting at the lock bar and going up to the Death Star. Why not have it open up since I have yet to achieve it after 100 plays

But, it's not the death star that explodes during the match sequence....

Rob

#1462 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But, it's not the death star that explodes during the match sequence....
Rob

alderaan_fullpic (resized).jpgalderaan_fullpic (resized).jpg

#1463 6 years ago

Wife had the first billion+ point game, and I had 2 going in hyperspace multiball...the 3rd entered just as the first two where released. The multiball then continued, but I was unable to get anymore in there and eventually it dumped this ball onto the playfield..what a rush!

#1464 6 years ago

What pitch is everyone setting the machines at? more specific, premium and Le models

#1465 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Wife had the first billion+ point game, and I had 2 going in hyperspace multiball...the 3rd entered just as the first two where released. The multiball then continued, but I was unable to get anymore in there and eventually it dumped this ball onto the playfield..what a rush!

I must confess I haven't quite figured out what I'm doing in hyperspace multiball. Well, about the only thing I do know is that loading more balls will make the jackpot value increase faster and higher (to a max of 3.5 million). When the balls are released I am shooting yellow shots, but I don't know if there's any opportunity to eventually put ball(s) back in the hyperloop (for a hyper super jackpot).

The only super jackpot I know of so far is one from TFMB. Hmm, maybe hyperspace multiball works the same?

Rob

#1466 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

What pitch is everyone setting the machines at? more specific, premium and Le models

Mine is at 6.8 and I would not recommend any higher or it would make backhand shots too difficult to complete. I might lower mine to 6.7, but for now it's pretty good.

Rob

#1467 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Premium. 6.5 degrees. Perfectly level side to side.

#1468 6 years ago

Hey guys question on hyperspace multi ball how many balls should I get if I only load one ball? Mine will loop around for about 5-10 seconds and then add a second ball into play..eventually it will release the ball on the hyperspace ramp and I end up with 4 balls. I thought I only got more balls if I made the shot.

#1469 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hey guys question on hyperspace multi ball how many balls should I get if I only load one ball? Mine will loop around for about 5-10 seconds and then add a second ball into play..eventually it will release the ball on the hyperspace ramp and I end up with 4 balls. I thought I only got more balls if I made the shot.

I'll pay closer attention. This last time, I had 2 in...got a third as the first two were being dumped (at the last second of the multiball), it kicked out a fourth, because it thought I now had 3 in hyperspace (when I actually had 1 with 2 on the playfield), but during the chaos, i think I ended with 5...but tie fighter multiball kicked in too...not sure how many I was suppose to have, but it was an adrenaline blast.

#1470 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I'll pay closer attention. This last time, I had 2 in...got a third as the first two were being dumped (at the last second of the multiball), it kicked out a fourth, because it thought I now had 3 in hyperspace (when I actually had 1 with 2 on the playfield), but during the chaos, i think I ended with 5...but tie fighter multiball kicked in too...not sure how many I was suppose to have, but it was an adrenaline blast.

Yea it seems to get confused on what’s in there ... I suspect the code needs some
Tweaking all my switches work as they should do no reason for it to not work.

#1471 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea it seems to get confused on what’s in there ...

Yes on the code needing tweaks.

I had a weird one last night. Started hyperspace multi-ball and shot a second ball in. They both were cycling around and before it fed another ball onto the field, they both just stopped like it went into mode select. The blue magnet lights were not on but nothing happened. I worried the magnets were on after a little while and turned the game off. They still didn't come out until I turned it on and it went into ball search.

#1472 6 years ago

I haven't seen any answers to this - does anybody know what the Home and Director's Cut presets are?

#1473 6 years ago

These are standard in the framework that the programmers start with. They usually don't change anything as they aren't coded. Years ago (LOTR, WPT, etc) they were coded eventually during the gamecode cycle. I don't think the programmers have enough time anymore to code the extras.

Quoted from pudealee:

I haven't seen any answers to this - does anybody know what the Home and Director's Cut presets are?

#1474 6 years ago

No reaction on this... we played this at the BOP and a lot more (light saber duel, ..) :

22008133_842445442586405_4578212077247730537_n (resized).jpg22008133_842445442586405_4578212077247730537_n (resized).jpg

#1475 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

No reaction on this... we played this at the BOP and a lot more (light saber duel, ..) :

New code somehow?

#1476 6 years ago

Im assuming thats a beta code of a new version?

#1477 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Im assuming thats a beta code of a new version?

Correct, beta code.
Also on the one in the pub in the area around the tournament.
Video mode is steering a ship trough asteroids, really nice mode (movement is like Timeshock where you push left and right and move in a circular way).

#1478 6 years ago

Don't know what was played but here is some video of the game during the tournament

https://www.twitch.tv/belgianpinballassociation/clips

#1479 6 years ago

Video mode looks fun thanks for posting!

#1480 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

ideo mode looks fun thanks for posting!

Where did you see that?

#1481 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Where did you see that?

Go to the "Videos" page, and click on the first video "Final Rounds BoP 2017". There are some Star Wars shots around the 5:30 minute mark. at around the 6:50 mark the Light Sabre duel starts. Looks neat. I didn't watch long enough to see the video mode.

#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Go to the "Videos" page, and click on the first video "Final Rounds BoP 2017". There are some Star Wars shots around the 5:30 minute mark. at around the 6:50 mark the Light Sabre duel starts. Looks neat. I didn't watch long enough to see the video mode.

That light show is pretty sweet!

#1483 6 years ago

Wow... lightsaber duel and the asteroid field video mode look pretty sweet. Hope this update gets released soon.

#1484 6 years ago

Hey guys. I just joined the club. I am an operator in Atlanta. Just added a SW Pro purchased off a friend to Giga-Bites Cafe in Marietta, a Northern suburb. SW will be ready in a few days. Still some tweaks to be made. The GOT Pro right next to it is ready now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlanta-ga-new-operator-randomkgpinballcom#post-3997376

I’m close to an agreement to add another SW Pro in Atlanta as well. Pics will follow when game(s) are setup!

#1485 6 years ago

That Video Mode would be huge!

#1486 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Hmm. Can't find it. All the finals videos I see are :30 long?

#1487 6 years ago

Star Wars Video mode is at the 43:00 minute mark...looks ok.

In looking for the Video, go to the videos page and choose the first one that is dated October 1st and is 8:36:45 long. It shows the name of "Inside the BoP 2017" like a few other ones but it appears to be the finals. Unfortunately there was no sound for the Star Wars portion in the video although GB had sound.

Enjoy!
Ed

#1489 6 years ago

From Stern Facebook 25mins ago...

IMG_5798 (resized).PNGIMG_5798 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNGIMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5800 (resized).PNGIMG_5800 (resized).PNG

#1490 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

From Stern Facebook 25mins ago...

Thanks! I can't wait to hear folks say how lame it is.

#1491 6 years ago

Yes there's a thread on the topic... no need to post in every single thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address#post-3998305

#1492 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes there's a thread on the topic... no need to post in every single thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address#post-3998305

I think it's cool to post the Star Wars specific update news over here -- that thread seems like more of a general discussion on Stern's seemingly revised approach to communications re: code updates.

#1493 6 years ago

Where’s the WWE code update !?!? Jk, The SW stuff and improved communication all look great.

#1494 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Where’s the WWE code update !?!? Jk, The SW stuff and improved communication all look great.

Interested to see how it earns on location.

SW not WWE.

#1495 6 years ago

I like how the video mode suggests you can hit the action button to speed up at certain points, will make it even more challenging and entertaining. Do you take your hand off to boost and risk smacking an asteroid or bend over and look like a tool using your chin?

#1496 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

... or bend over and look like a tool using your chin?

ha pulled that move out a couple times last night

#1497 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Definitely a code issue. Last code you could hit the Hoth loop as fast as possible and the single large post would always(95% or better) catch the ball but now it just bounces off the double posts and rejects past the large post before it can stop the ball way to much. This is how 2 or 3 codes ago acted also so whatever they did after .87 code messed it up.

I'm a newbie to the forum and just got a Pro and am having the same issues with the Up Post not locking the ball in the loop 90% of the time. I assume it's due to that code update and am wondering if you got this issue solved? I assume mine came from the factory with the latest code. Any assistance to correct this is appreciated.

#1498 6 years ago

Lightsaber Duel looked pretty awesome on that BoP video! The picture from Facebook of the Video Mode is a screen shot showing "Level 1" ...I wonder what the other levels may hold? ...I'd assume dodging more asteroids. I hope they have a level that uses the action button to fire/shoot at stuff, tie fighters, etc. That would be really cool. I'm excited that the newer code seems close!

#1499 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Interested to see how it earns on location.
SW not WWE.

WWE Kiiillllsss on location! .... a few square feet that is... hehe. No offense to WWE fans, I just like poking fun at it, to each their own

I’m pretty sure I’ll be adding a second Star Wars to my first loc hopefully this weekend and that will be a good gauge of SW demand vs my existing TWD there.

I will tell you guys it was painful to pickup a SW and take it immediately to location without so much as a single real test game in my house!

#1500 6 years ago

From the screenshots, it looks like the asteroid mode will offer steering your ship and pressing the action button to boost. No shooting stuff....

Quoted from ChipScott:

Lightsaber Duel looked pretty awesome on that BoP video! The picture from Facebook of the Video Mode is a screen shot showing "Level 1" ...I wonder what the other levels may hold? ...I'd assume dodging more asteroids. I hope they have a level that uses the action button to fire/shoot at stuff, tie fighters, etc. That would be really cool. I'm excited that the newer code seems close!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/30?hl=reflex33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.