StarWarsLE-Detail-001-960x640 (resized).jpg
IMG_1164 (resized).jpeg
SWSpots (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_4618 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4619 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,356 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 308.
#15301 24 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

...What’s the ball launch power set up because I’m getting Launch is going straight down the out lanes every game lol...

Welcome to the Premium. The price you pay for getting the hyperloop.

#15302 24 days ago

Like hundreds of Premium owners I’m looking for an R2D2 topper to buy. Just bought my second premium. Sold my last one and missed it too
Much so I bought another (this one BNIB).

Having custom armor and custom
Mirrored backglass made. Just need the topper so lemme know if anyone is selling. Hope everyone had a nice week!

Mark

#15303 24 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

New premium owner do you guys pump up the left flipper power a bit so you can backhand the Death Star shot or on default it’s possible ?
What a crazy game ! So fast and brutal !
What are the recommended flipper power settings on this game for a newbie?
What’s the ball launch power set up because I’m getting Launch is going straight down the out lanes every game lol
I can’t even find the setting for launch power. Can anyone help me please?

Backhanding the Death Star shot from a cradle *is* possible, but it’s very, very hard with the default flippers, flipper position, etc. Star Wars is a very difficult game to trap and capture the ball with anyway, so work on hitting it from the right flipper instead. It’ll take practice and patience.

I adjusted my flippers to point about a millimeter higher (technically, now they point axis-center to the center of the dimples on the playfield) and it’s easier to do a backhand Death Star shot.

#15304 24 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Backhanding the Death Star shot from a cradle *is* possible, but it’s very, very hard with the default flippers, flipper position, etc. Star Wars is a very difficult game to trap and capture the ball with anyway, so work on hitting it from the right flipper instead. It’ll take practice and patience.
I adjusted my flippers to point about a millimeter higher (technically, now they point axis-center to the center of the dimples on the playfield) and it’s easier to do a backhand Death Star shot.

Should I increase flipper power ?

#15305 24 days ago

Go to the highest setting possible on the left flipper, it doesn’t go much higher than the default number
But it will add that little bit of an extra kick to make backing the DS consistent

#15306 24 days ago

This screw dropped when I lifted the playfield. Any idea where it went?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Also, my machine came with no bump on the rail. It’s just completely straight when I left of the playfield. Is that normal?

#15307 24 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

[quoted image]
Also, my machine came with no bump on the rail. It’s just completely straight when I left of the playfield. Is that normal?

Sometimes a screw can be dropped and lost on a playfield during assembly. This doesn’t necessarily mean you’re missing one. Do you have a clear, hi def photo of your playfield?

Not sure what your rail question means. Can you ask a different way?

Side note, didn’t realize until recently that tournament buttons can be added to modern Stern games:

IMG_8646-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gifIMG_8646-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
#15308 24 days ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Not on mine, set up properly and I get 3 or 4 balls up there consistently
I can backhand the ball from a cradle up there with ease
In a home environment with a proper pitch, I cannot see how there are any issues
My friend has a premium and the hyper loop ramp was a tad high, so we dropped it a couple of mms, and bam, no rejects and hyperloop balls galore
Like the pro, love the premium

Backhand? Didn’t think that was possible, my shots go up the ramp and then come back down. What’s your pitch at? I set all of mine up for 6.5.

Edit: I just saw your post about maxing out the left flipper power, I’ll try that too.

#15309 24 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

[quoted image]

Try looking behind the tie fighter

#15310 24 days ago

When you lift at the playfield, there’s no bump on the bottom rail so when you push it in, you don’t have to lift it up or push it through the bump. It is completely straight the back of the playfield that is is resting on that’s what I mean … on the bottom rail it sits on
There is no bump like most stern games have a little bump to push through

#15311 24 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

When you lift at the playfield, there’s no bump on the bottom rail so when you push it in, you don’t have to lift it up or push it through the bump. It is completely straight the back of the playfield that is is resting on that’s what I mean … on the bottom rail it sits on

Great observation, and you're correct. I prefer the no bump whenever possible, as you're less likely to scrape up the sides of the cabinet or side blades.

#15312 24 days ago
Quoted from zatname:

Try looking behind the tie fighter

All clear behind there

Yeah, I upped and Max my power for my left flipper now I can backhand the dead star shot….

I don’t know how they expect you to change coil stops with all those wires I’ll have to wait for my tech

#15313 24 days ago
Quoted from Manderko1:

Like hundreds of Premium owners I’m looking for an R2D2 topper to buy. Just bought my second premium. Sold my last one and missed it too
Much so I bought another (this one BNIB).
Having custom armor and custom
Mirrored backglass made. Just need the topper so lemme know if anyone is selling. Hope everyone had a nice week!
Mark

I may sell one by end of summer. If I do I'll post here. I will be selling the topper separately from the game. I need to reduce the size of the collection by 2 games. Unfortunately they are all good at this point (SD-CE, LT-CE, P3, Laby, JAWS, SW, STTNG, JP-LE). So my wife and I think it'll be SW and JP on the chopping block. We have a few months to decide.

#15314 24 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

SW is an older game 2017. The bump came later. What I think is cool about Stern is that the spec of the games don't always inherit future "improvements" SW has a few of the early Spike2 traits. Even though it's latest run it still has the orginal rails.

#15315 24 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

SW is an older game 2017. The bump came later. What I think is cool about Stern is that the spec of the games don't always inherit future "improvements" SW has a few of the early Spike2 traits. Even though it's latest run it still has the orginal rails.

Build date is March 2024

Sometimes when you backhand the Death Star it works sometimes it rolls back down at the top obviously meant to be right flipper shot

#15316 24 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

This is where the flippers should be, on all Sterns, the center of the flipper bat should be centered on the playfield dot. Lately the factory seems to be manufacturing them a millimeter or so low on almost everything (particularly annoying on Godzilla which is already very low.) I wonder if that's intentional, to cut down ball times for experts, or to help button-mashing casuals luck into outside shots.

#15317 23 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

So my wife and I think it'll be SW and JP on the chopping block.

*gasp* those are the two best games in your lineup (and mine)... shame to get rid of those!

#15318 23 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

This is where the flippers should be, on all Sterns, the center of the flipper bat should be centered on the playfield dot.

I'm not entirely sure that's true? Unless I'm totally confused, Foo Fighters comes with the top edge of the flipper bat pointing at the dimple by design, which results in them resting lower than aligning with the center axis. Jack Danger even confirmed this during a livestream, if I recall correctly.

That is also exactly how my Star Wars flippers were installed (March '24 build). Like I said, of course, I raised them a little so they align with the center axis. Big improvement.

#15319 23 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

*gasp* those are the two best games in your lineup (and mine)... shame to get rid of those!

Well we’ve owned JP since 2019. We have about 5k plays on it. SW is the second oldest in our games. STTNG has sentimental value to both of us so it can’t go.

#15320 23 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well we’ve owned JP since 2019. We have about 5k plays on it. SW is the second oldest in our games. STTNG has sentimental value to both of us so it can’t go.

Fair enough! I've only had JP since September and Star Wars since March, but I can't see either of them leaving anytime soon. Meanwhile, Godzilla only arrived in December and I'm already looking to move it out.

#15321 23 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I'm not entirely sure that's true? Unless I'm totally confused, Foo Fighters comes with the top edge of the flipper bat pointing at the dimple by design, which results in them resting lower than aligning with the center axis. Jack Danger even confirmed this during a livestream, if I recall correctly.
That is also exactly how my Star Wars flippers were installed (March '24 build). Like I said, of course, I raised them a little so they align with the center axis. Big improvement.

Hmm. I don't have any particular source, just what I've read around pinside, which says to center the flipper on the dot. I hadn't heard anything about anything else being standard (except JP's upper flipper) but I suppose it could be true, particularly if Danger said so. If that is the standard then the factory is doing it correctly by that standard, and it could be intentional to make games shorter/harder.

But still, for a home user you can help yourself quite a bit by adjusting them upwards, particularly for a playfield with no low shots like Star Wars. For Deadpool I went like 4 mm above the dot until it felt right.

#15322 23 days ago

Adjust the flippers until you can make all the shots. Simple as that.

#15323 23 days ago

Is the right eject power for the plunger or the scoop ?

Also how in the heck are you supposed to change the left coil stop with all those wires every where?

#15324 23 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Is the right eject power for the plunger or the scoop ?
Also how in the heck are you supposed to change the left coil stop with all those wires every where?

Scoop. Carefully...

#15325 22 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Scoop. Carefully...

Thank you I’ll just wait for my tech on this one he be here in two weeks

There’s no setting for launch power?

#15327 22 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Backhand? Didn’t think that was possible, my shots go up the ramp and then come back down. What’s your pitch at? I set all of mine up for 6.5.
Edit: I just saw your post about maxing out the left flipper power, I’ll try that too.

Maxed out the left flipper and was able to backhand on the first try, but it just barely made it. Then the ball proceeded to fly out of the hyper loop somehow and crashed into the shooter lane. First time I’ve ever seen that happen, granted I’ve only had the game for a few months now.

#15328 20 days ago

Just wanted to share a few pics and video of the new Boba Fett topper we made for a few clients who requested an alternate option. It feature mult-levels, full illumination and hand-painted castings. It was a super fun design that took a while to get exactly the way we wanted but we are happy with the final result.

IMG_4618 (resized).jpegIMG_4618 (resized).jpegIMG_4619 (resized).jpegIMG_4619 (resized).jpegIMG_4624 (resized).jpegIMG_4624 (resized).jpegIMG_4625 (resized).jpegIMG_4625 (resized).jpeg
#15329 20 days ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Just wanted to share a few pics and video of the new Boba Fett topper we made for a few clients who requested an alternate option. It feature mult-levels, full illumination and hand-painted castings. It was a super fun design that took a while to get exactly the way we wanted but we are happy with the final result.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool!

When does it light up in relation to the game and gameplay?

#15330 20 days ago

That is awesome. Well done!

#15331 20 days ago

Hey all.

Before I call stern in the morning, any advice for the following?

Recently bought a NIB pro. Today when playing I noticed when I play and hit the left flipper button, my spinner value increases. I assume this isn’t normal and something is triggered the switch electronically . The spinner isn’t moving at this time.

Thanks. Any advice helps since I dread sterns customer support

#15332 20 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Hey all.
Before I call stern in the morning, any advice for the following?
Recently bought a NIB pro. Today when playing I noticed when I play and hit the left flipper button, my spinner value increases. I assume this isn’t normal and something is triggered the switch electronically . The spinner isn’t moving at this time.
Thanks. Any advice helps since I dread sterns customer support

Flippers triggering switches or optos is not an uncommon issue and is usually just the force of the mech moving something that is loose or lost connection. I would remove the glass and inspect the spinner for something obvious when pressing the button. It could be a bad microswitch and that would just need to be replaced but you may notice something.

#15333 19 days ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Looks great!

#15334 19 days ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Flippers triggering switches or optos is not an uncommon issue and is usually just the force of the mech moving something that is loose or lost connection. I would remove the glass and inspect the spinner for something obvious when pressing the button. It could be a bad microswitch and that would just need to be replaced but you may notice something.

Thanks. Only thing i found was one of the spot light wires were pushing up against the switch. i added plastic protectors and couldnt attach clip back whoch held both spotlight wires. Ziptied to post and should be good to go now.

#15335 19 days ago

Does anyone know where i can get apron wall decals? Tilt doesn't make any for this game.

Thank you!

#15336 16 days ago

I have a premium can anyone confirm this is where the lights are supposed to point is the right light supposed to point straight or to the right a little bit?

Or both lights supposed to point straight

Thank you I appreciate your help

The right light is pointed towards the right ramp and the left light is straight

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#15337 15 days ago

Both straight.

#15338 15 days ago

Thanks!

#15339 15 days ago

The drawings in the manual are a decent resource for intended design features. The spots were inward almost aiming at the Victory and Jedi Multiball inserts. Note how the production labels are swapped from the printed design. The hyperloop on this machine picture prevents further inward adjustment and the loop's brackets are actually holding the position of the lights. The balls do not touch the light hoods while looping.

SWSpots (resized).jpgSWSpots (resized).jpg
#15340 13 days ago

Am I missing something really obvious in the menus? I do not see a shooter lane solenoid power adjustment in standard or feature menus?

I love star wars and prefer the pro over the premium. I really hated the ball drains out of the launch, so I decided to build a hyper space launch wireform. Its gated and can go to the left or right flipper. The auto launch works fine as it is, but is it really not adjustable? My game is brand new. Did they change this? I remember being able to tweak it on my game that was on initial launch of game.
Thanks, Jay

IMG_1164 (resized).jpegIMG_1164 (resized).jpeg
#15341 13 days ago
Quoted from Logan-Pinball:

Am I missing something really obvious in the menus? I do not see a shooter lane solenoid power adjustment in standard or feature menus?
I love star wars and prefer the pro over the premium. I really hated the ball drains out of the launch, so I decided to build a hyper space launch wireform. Its gated and can go to the left or right flipper. The auto launch works fine as it is, but is it really not adjustable? My game is brand new. Did they change this? I remember being able to tweak it on my game that was on initial launch of game.
Thanks, Jay

[quoted image]

Pretty cool launch ramp.

I can’t find a setting for autolaunch strength on my March ‘24 Premium, either. Possibly another quirk of SW being an early Spike 2 game?

#15342 13 days ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

The drawings in the manual are a decent resource for intended design features. The spots were inward almost aiming at the Victory and Jedi Multiball inserts. Note how the production labels are swapped from the printed design. The hyperloop on this machine picture prevents further inward adjustment and the loop's brackets are actually holding the position of the lights. The balls do not touch the light hoods while looping.
[quoted image]

True, that. Mine was setup out of the box with the spots straight ahead, so I didn't reference the drawing.

#15343 12 days ago

On the spotlights.......the pictures from the Stern Website shows the left one pointing at the Millennium Falcon and the Right one points slightly left. See pic....

StarWarsLE-Detail-001-960x640 (resized).jpgStarWarsLE-Detail-001-960x640 (resized).jpg
#15344 12 days ago

If the spotlights aren’t pointing straight, then you run the risk of them tapping against the glass. This is noticeable when a shaker motor is going, especially with the left spotlight cover in my experience. You’ll hear a squeaking noise when a shaker is going off if the light cover is touching the glass.

Check your glass for light, plastic debris in these areas and you might see what I mean.

GlassGlass

All things considered, am perfectly content keeping the lamps straight and avoiding the wear

#15345 12 days ago
Quoted from Logan-Pinball:

Thanks, Jay

[quoted image]

If the auto launch was adjustable then you would be able to tune it to always make the skill shot on by launching the ball with the action button. Watch how the ball launch strength is different for each launch in your video.

#15346 12 days ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

Really nice Machines here, so let me show my darling [quoted image]

I’ve thought about powder coating my premium, but that’s beautiful. Dak w

Quoted from vikingerik:

Yup. The "what if" goes the other direction - on the premium, every time the ball doesn't make it up the death star ramp when that hyperspace hurryup is counting down from a billion points, you'll be wishing you'd made the shot on a pro instead.
If you really really want the fancy loop, you can go premium, but it just makes the game harder and clunkier. People talk about the rush of getting three balls in there... yeah, the reality is you're getting 0 half the time and no more than 1 basically all of the rest.

That's just not true if your premium is set up correctly. Yeah i miss a few up that ramp here and there, but I don't have a problem with it. Even when it doesn't make it up that ramp, it's just because i didn't hit it as precisely as I could have. I can backhand off a cradled left flipper no issues. Getting the premium dialed in properly is worth the time because yes, the hyperloop is that good!

Nothing but love to the pro owners. I'm just a big SW nerd so I held out until I had enough cash to get the premium.

#15347 12 days ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

That's just not true if your premium is set up correctly. Yeah i miss a few up that ramp here and there, but I don't have a problem with it. Even when it doesn't make it up that ramp, it's just because i didn't hit it as precisely as I could have. I can backhand off a cradled left flipper no issues. Getting the premium dialed in properly is worth the time because yes, the hyperloop is that good!

I agree with BirdForce1 here that the Death Star shot on the Premium is much more manageable after taking some time to dial in the flipper position/rubbers/strength. I can backhand it from a cradle as well, though given how hard it is to trap/cradle in this game I don't get many chances, heh. Yesterday I got three in the loop for only the 2nd time (got the game in March) and was working on #4 when the power went out and I lost a 3B+ game in progress.

I will say that while I am still very much glad I got the Premium, the Hyperspace loop is definitely louder than the typical mechanical noises. My game room is down a long hallway with no door and I can play most of my pins at night after my kid goes to sleep (I use headphones so it's only the mechanical noises) and the loop during Hyperspace Multiball has woken her up before when normal gameplay doesn't. Not even a 6-ball MB in Venom (with those fastlocks clunking) or 8-ball MB in TMNT Premium wakes her up. Star Wars might finally be the reason I rip the walls up to put in a proper door.

Quoted from SimplePin:

If the auto launch was adjustable then you would be able to tune it to always make the skill shot on by launching the ball with the action button.

Mine consistently hits either the center or right standup on the 3-bank, from an auto-launch. I've simply learned to utilize that... and I actually can't remember the last time I plunged Star Wars by hand.

#15348 10 days ago

Properly ground down the corner of the May The Force Be With You Escape bracket

Corner present

CornerCorner

Corner removed

No CornerNo Corner

Installed, not activated

Not ActiveNot Active

Installed, “activated”

ActiveActive

Ball doesn’t jostle the bracket now when activated, and the ball is freely sent up the ball feeder lane when the bracket is activated. No idea why Stern left this corner in place when it’s the one corner that sticks out into the ball feeder lane and affects the ball and play.

#15349 10 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Properly ground down the corner of the May The Force Be With You Escape bracket
Corner present
[quoted image]
Corner removed
[quoted image]
Installed, not activated
[quoted image]
Installed, “activated”
[quoted image]
Ball doesn’t jostle the bracket now when activated, and the ball is freely sent up the ball feeder lane when the bracket is activated. No idea why Stern left this corner in place when it’s the one corner that sticks out into the ball feeder lane and affects the ball and play.

Great job. How did you do it if you don’t mind sharing?

#15350 10 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

Great job. How did you do it if you don’t mind sharing?

Originally used sandpaper, which was a chore, but recently used a benchtop grinder, like this one: https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-bench-grinder-with-led-lights-57286.html

Planned out the angle to hold the bracket and went at it with the course grinding wheel. Needed to hold the bracket at only one angle for most of the grinding, but then used the finer grinding wheel to finish the job and create flat, smooth edges.

Even if you never see it, I needed it to be square and like the rest of the bracket, so also removed the corner at the bottom to match the others

CornerCorner

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
9,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

5,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,356 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.