StarWarsLE-Detail-001-960x640 (resized).jpg
IMG_1164 (resized).jpeg
SWSpots (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_4618 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4619 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,360 posts in this topic. You are on page 306 of 308.
#15251 34 days ago

Yeah it's both the art and the wireform over the flippers that kill the premium for me. As many have said....Great game either way.

#15252 34 days ago

My dealer gave me an offer my premium Godzilla with 3000 plays plus $2000 for a brand new one box Star Wars premium what do you think of that deal

#15253 34 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

My dealer gave me an offer my premium Godzilla with 3000 plays plus $2000 for a brand new one box Star Wars premium what do you think of that deal

If you want a NIB SW Premium...not a bad deal. Otherwise could probably trade used straight up.

Edit - gonna keep for at least a couple years? Go NIB if you like new shiny. Gonna want to trade it within a year? Trade for a used one.

#15254 34 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So, he’s valuing your GZ at $7500? SW premium is ~$8k used today, could be less over time. Invest the $2k short term and you could have $9k-$10k if you sell/trade the SW in time for a pin.

#15255 34 days ago

I only buy new inbox
I also get a very nice warranty if I buy it from him

#15256 33 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I only buy new inbox
I also get a very nice warranty if I buy it from him

Then sell your game yourself for more or take the dealership trade in hit. Depends on what the trouble is worth for you. Only you can answer that.

#15257 32 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

ive having a hard time choosing betweeen the pro and the premium; any input on this on a tight budget

+1 for the pro.

I love mine but I’m honest enough with myself to recognize that the best SW moments on this game are all code-driven, not because the machine is an amazing world under glass. You get the same satisfying pinball moments with the pro or premium.

If you go with the pro, just get a light up Falcon mod, and Pinworlds “missing worlds” mod, and you’re good to go.

#15258 32 days ago

Go pro & you don't need any mods at all.

#15259 32 days ago

It doesn't need anything else...but that Falcon should have been there from the start.

#15260 32 days ago

premium.. the hyperloop is too good to miss..

#15261 32 days ago

Premium. Trying to run as many balls as possible in hyper loop MB is a unique experience. Otherwise, with a Pro, the “what if” will haunt you…

#15262 32 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

Premium. Trying to run as many balls as possible in hyper loop MB is a unique experience. Otherwise, with a Pro, the “what if” will haunt you…

Bought 2 SW Pros NIB. There is no "what if" for me...can confirm.

#15263 31 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Bought 2 SW Pros NIB. There is no "what if" for me...can confirm.

Yup. The "what if" goes the other direction - on the premium, every time the ball doesn't make it up the death star ramp when that hyperspace hurryup is counting down from a billion points, you'll be wishing you'd made the shot on a pro instead.

If you really really want the fancy loop, you can go premium, but it just makes the game harder and clunkier. People talk about the rush of getting three balls in there... yeah, the reality is you're getting 0 half the time and no more than 1 basically all of the rest.

#15264 31 days ago

Not on mine, set up properly and I get 3 or 4 balls up there consistently
I can backhand the ball from a cradle up there with ease
In a home environment with a proper pitch, I cannot see how there are any issues
My friend has a premium and the hyper loop ramp was a tad high, so we dropped it a couple of mms, and bam, no rejects and hyperloop balls galore

Like the pro, love the premium

#15265 31 days ago

I dont have any problems with my fork ramp since it is out of the box. Backhand not possible though, but I didnt try anything so far to change. I just aligned the standup tarhets properly to not to block at all the tight shots (orbits, DS)

#15266 31 days ago

Started out as a joke but I kind of like it.

20240617_121338 (resized).jpg20240617_121338 (resized).jpg20240617_121557 (resized).jpg20240617_121557 (resized).jpg20240617_122311 (resized).jpg20240617_122311 (resized).jpg
#15267 31 days ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Started out as a joke but I kind of like it. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s even funnier seeing it from the back.. this guy is either tall or you put him on a stand.

#15268 31 days ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

It’s even funnier seeing it from the back.. this guy is either tall or you put him on a stand.

"Aren't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper?"

#15269 31 days ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Started out as a joke but I kind of like it. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How many of the munchkin troopers do you have?

#15270 31 days ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Yeah. Cracks me up everytime I walk by it.

Quoted from SimplePin:

How many of the munchkin troopers do you have?

Years ago at Walmart I saw the little buggers on clearance and bought a small squad for my gameroom.

#15271 31 days ago

I had an odd experience last night but don't know if its normal because I had never got that far before.
Looking through Tiltforum rules I don't see anything that would lead me to expect this behavior.
I have a Prem with latest code (1.25).
Last night I was playing as Han and made it to the Jedi MB for first time ever and finished it.
I selected Luke for next character and started playing.
The Extra Ball light was on and I shot it. Cool extra ball.
Then extra ball light is still on, shoot again and get another extra ball video etc.
The extra ball light kept staying on until I had shot it 4 or 5 times. Then it finally did not come back on.
As I continued playing after that, it only actually gave me like 3 of them and then game over.
Has anyone seen this behavior and is it normal?

#15272 31 days ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

I had an odd experience last night but don't know if its normal because I had never got that far before.
Looking through Tiltforum rules I don't see anything that would lead me to expect this behavior.
I have a Prem with latest code (1.25).
Last night I was playing as Han and made it to the Jedi MB for first time ever and finished it.
I selected Luke for next character and started playing.
The Extra Ball light was on and I shot it. Cool extra ball.
Then extra ball light is still on, shoot again and get another extra ball video etc.
The extra ball light kept staying on until I had shot it 4 or 5 times. Then it finally did not come back on.
As I continued playing after that, it only actually gave me like 3 of them and then game over.
Has anyone seen this behavior and is it normal?

That's normal. You just happened to light several extra balls by different methods at nearly the same time. I see that happen often on Star Wars.

There is a setting for "max extra balls per game" that defaults to 5 on all recent Sterns, so you might have run into that if you didn't get to play all of them.

#15273 30 days ago

hey guys im joining the club i decided to go with a Premium im trading my Deadpool pro with it plus giving dealer cash for a NIB premium;

i just hope its a new run they did a recent run didn't they? or should that matter?

im a diehard starwars fan; I had to get the premium not only for the hyper loop but for the steel rails the metal ramps and of course the millennium falcon;

im going to read all the key posts here; does anyone have any must do things that are not in the key posts?

Should i move the inlanes down or try to play the game where they come at im not a good player but ive scored 500+million on this game in acrade

thanks a bunch so excited woke up at 4am like a kid on christmas day

#15274 30 days ago

Congrats!! Install mirror blades, lighten up your game and it is just extremely cool on this machine! also check if the standup targets do not lean into the tight shots

#15275 30 days ago
Quoted from PinViking:

Congrats!! Install mirror blades, lighten up your game and it is just extremely cool on this machine! also check if the standup targets do not lean into the tight shots

yeah i hope there will be minimal Maintenace on this machine

#15276 30 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

hey guys im joining the club i decided to go with a Premium im trading my Deadpool pro with it plus giving dealer cash for a NIB premium;
i just hope its a new run they did a recent run didn't they? or should that matter?
im a diehard starwars fan; I had to get the premium not only for the hyper loop but for the steel rails the metal ramps and of course the millennium falcon;
im going to read all the key posts here; does anyone have any must do things that are not in the key posts?
Should i move the inlanes down or try to play the game where they come at im not a good player but ive scored 500+million on this game in acrade

Check if you have clearance for ~1/32” thick mirror blades beside the playfield and each interior, side wall of the cabinet. Otherwise, pick your favorite pair of Stern sideblades.

Mirror:

https://www.pinballlife.com/PBL-200-0125-00

Stern:

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/star-wars-art-blades-set-of-6

These are the most popular Stern’s:

Stern Side BladeStern Side Blade

Get these plastic protectors in clear for the Pre/LE:

https://mezelmods.com/collections/star-wars-stern/plastic-protectors

Get the standard plastic protector for the Tie Fighter:

https://mezelmods.com/collections/star-wars-stern/products/star-wars-pinball-airball-protector

Quiet fan mod:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-system-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit.html

Volume knob:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

Throw some mylar into the shooter lane until you get some Cliffy’s:

CliffyCliffy

https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

If you decide all the white insert lamps aren’t for you, color them in a way that looks better than stock:

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1170-pin-monk/03352-star-wars-force-targets-gradient-bracket

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1170-pin-monk/03351-star-wars-multiball-mode-insert-bracket-set

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1170-pin-monk/03344-star-wars-character-mode-bracket

If you ever mess with the speakers, these grill inserts give the popular Star Wars light pattern:

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1293-pineffects/08475-grilleffects-stern-star-wars-acrylic-speaker-grill-inserts-

If you’re a shaker player it’s great for the video mode, destroying the Death Star, and end of the game:

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/stern-shaker-motor-kit-for-sam-system-games

And if you want the official shooter I have it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/178139

#15277 30 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

That's normal. You just happened to light several extra balls by different methods at nearly the same time. I see that happen often on Star Wars.
There is a setting for "max extra balls per game" that defaults to 5 on all recent Sterns, so you might have run into that if you didn't get to play all of them.

That makes sense. My max extra ball is at default 5. And I was playing my TIE extra ball when I got there so 1 already used. Thanks !

#15278 30 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Welcome to the club! I had to lower the outlane posts in my Star Wars. They’re just too damn hungry, especially the absolute bastard on the left. Great game, though. Had an 7.9B game just yesterday!

#15279 29 days ago

im new and had a question why or when would you want to disable your mulitpliers using the action button wouldnt you always want them on?
the targets below the mini screen add multipliers correct?

trying to keep the game basic when i try to hard i score only like 50 million but when i wasnt worried i just had a 800 billiion game

#15280 29 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

im new and had a question why or when would you want to disable your mulitpliers using the action button wouldnt you always want them on?
the targets below the mini screen add multipliers correct?
trying to keep the game basic when i try to hard i score only like 50 million but when i wasnt worried i just had a 800 billiion game

You start with 3 lanes lit with the multiplier. As you build it up it’ll reduce to 2 lanes, then only 1. You use the action button to turn it off and you then use the flippers to move the active lane(s) to where you want them. Then re-enable the multiplier.

#15281 29 days ago

Mom scored 2.2 billion like it was nothing jeez I must really suck

#15282 29 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Mom scored 2.2 billion like it was nothing jeez I must really suck

Your mom needs to play better lol. Oh and so do you I guess!!!

Jk of course.

IMG_7089 (resized).pngIMG_7089 (resized).png
#15283 29 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Your mom needs to play better lol. Oh and so do you I guess!!!
Jk of course.
[quoted image]

My mom used to play pinball in the 70s when she was in college and she probably hasn’t played for one year and plays one game of Star Wars and gets 2.2 billion and then I play one game and get 70 million lmao

#15284 29 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You start with 3 lanes lit with the multiplier. As you build it up it’ll reduce to 2 lanes, then only 1. You use the action button to turn it off and you then use the flippers to move the active lane(s) to where you want them. Then re-enable the multiplier.

So when I turn the action off is the multiplier only lit on one lane or all the red lanes ? Thank you

When changing which shots have multiplier

#15285 29 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So when I turn the action off is the multiplier only lit on one lane or all the red lanes ? Thank you
When changing which shots have multiplier

When the multiplier is red (off), it is not active at all. The flipper buttons move the multiplier while it is off. Press the button to turn it back on (green). While it is on, the flipper buttons will not move it.

#15286 29 days ago

ok i got it

so its this

Strategic use of the shot multipliers is key to high-scoring games on Star Wars. The shot multipliers start at 2x and can be toggled on (green) and off (red) with the action button; when turned off, you can move the shot multipliers either left or right by using the flippers.

#15287 29 days ago

To say it another way, the flipper buttons move the multipliers while they are red. Points only get multiplied while they are green.

So keep them green when you aren't moving them. When you want to move them, hit the action button to make them red, use the flippers to move them where you want, then action button again to make them green.

#15288 29 days ago

I believe the leftmost multiplier is the last one to stay lit as well, so something to keep in mind.

#15289 29 days ago

Ok thanks guys appreciate it a lot !

Difficult game to learn for me code is deep

#15290 29 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Ok thanks guys appreciate it a lot !
Difficult game to learn for me code is deep

I wouldn’t worry too much about the multiplier for starters. Leave it on the deathstar or left ramp shot. Learn the game/rules.

Once you het the multiplier at 20 or 40x you can do some neat things. Like score about a billion on the video mode. 40x on bobba fett (you need to constantly move it) is very lucrative too. As is 40x hyperloop hurry ups.

#15291 29 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I wouldn’t worry too much about the multiplier for starters. Leave it on the deathstar or left ramp shot. Learn the game/rules.
Once you het the multiplier at 20 or 40x you can do some neat things. Like score about a billion on the video mode. 40x on bobba fett (you need to constantly move it) is very lucrative too. As is 40x hyperloop hurry ups.

I’m just gonna enjoy the game naturally instead of getting frustrated with all the rules

#15292 29 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m just gonna enjoy the game naturally instead of getting frustrated with all the rules

Be sure to combine your missions/modes if you want to get through the game quicker.

As long as you have more than 1 planet lit, when you start a mode just scroll through your options and pick the combined ones. Not necessarily good for points but good for progress. Once you start understanding the modes you’ll figure out which ones to play combined.

You can pick modes which have the same shots. Hit the shot and it counts for both running modes.

#15293 29 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Be sure to combine your missions/modes if you want to get through the game quicker.
As long as you have more than 1 planet lit, when you start a mode just scroll through your options and pick the combined ones. Not necessarily good for points but good for progress. Once you start understanding the modes you’ll figure out which ones to play combined.
You can pick modes which have the same shots. Hit the shot and it counts for both running modes.

Thank you for the feedback. I did realize there were some double missions.

#15294 29 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Star Wars’ ruleset is a lot to take in as a novice players, at least at first. I think it might be Dwight’s best code, though. It’s so much damn fun.

There’s also an irrefutable truth in pinball: You have to get worse before you can better. It’s maddeningly true, too.

Something that correlates with that: Playing just to flip the ball, i.e. not caring (read: not knowing) where it goes and what that means is how one generally starts on a new game, and can often score better just because the player is only really focusing on keeping the balls in play and not worrying about specific shots. I hit 4B on my Star Wars on day 2 as a total novice to its rules and was really worried I’d gotten a game that would get boring fast. Then I started to learn the rules and it took me a month to get back even just to 2B+. Same thing happened with my Foo Fighters: first game after setting it up was 650M, four cities completed, started Foobot MB. Then i started learning and it took weeks to get there again.

#15295 29 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

Indeed, hyperloop is one of the greatest mech ever made!

#15296 29 days ago

two questions and ive read the rules

how many scoop shots does it take to activate tatooine missions and how exactly is the hyperloop activated?

#15297 29 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

how many scoop shots does it take to activate tatooine missions and how exactly is the hyperloop activated?

I think they all take 3 to open the missions if they are closed to start. Of course you can usually pick to light the missions as a skill shot.

#15298 29 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

3 shots, but you should pretty much always take Light Tatooine Missions at the start of the first ball instead.

The main time the hyperloop activates is when you start a hyperspace hurryup, which is when the left orbit or right ramp are lit yellow. (If it's not lit, complete the four yellow lights on the in/out lanes a certain number of times.) Completing your second hyperspace hurryup in a game starts hyperspace multiball, which is the main time that it's used, this is when you can load multiple balls into it and every one adds another ball into play.

The hyperloop also activates for some certain mission shots, most notably the final shots to win Destroy the Death Star and Battle over Endor (either of those is when the death star explodes), but you're probably pretty far from getting to those.

#15299 28 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

ok i got it
so its this
Strategic use of the shot multipliers is key to high-scoring games on Star Wars. The shot multipliers start at 2x and can be toggled on (green) and off (red) with the action button; when turned off, you can move the shot multipliers either left or right by using the flippers.

yes, that's the trick on SW

but as others said, at 1st, play the game without thinking about the multipliers
than, when assimilated the modes/missions rules (not that hard), add-in the multis, grow them to X20 (or X40), keep them active, and blow your score

"simple" as that

#15300 28 days ago

New premium owner do you guys pump up the left flipper power a bit so you can backhand the Death Star shot or on default it’s possible ?

What a crazy game ! So fast and brutal !

What are the recommended flipper power settings on this game for a newbie?

What’s the ball launch power set up because I’m getting Launch is going straight down the out lanes every game lol

I can’t even find the setting for launch power. Can anyone help me please?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
6,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Stockton, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,360 posts in this topic. You are on page 306 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.