IMG_8095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8078 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8067 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,212 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 305.
#15001 52 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

looking to powder coat my comic premium. Anyone do theirs and it came out great? Looking for inspiratation!

This is how I plan on doing my comic premium once I have some available funds to do so. It’s subtle, but I love it for Star Wars in general.

IMG_1440 (resized).jpegIMG_1440 (resized).jpegIMG_1446 (resized).jpegIMG_1446 (resized).jpeg
#15002 52 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

looking to powder coat my comic premium. Anyone do theirs and it came out great? Looking for inspiratation!

I have a standard Premium but I’m thinking to powder coat mine in sparkly white, kinda like Jaws LE.

#15003 52 days ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Ive been working on a couple of pop bumper mods for Star Wars. I don’t own a Star Wars so I was hoping someone could measure for me. Here are the 2 I’ve created so far. They are design to replace the existing plastic and use the light from the factory pop bumper
[quoted image]

That looks awesome. It’ll be a little bit until I can work on/access my game. If no one gets back to you sooner, I’ll give it a shot

#15004 52 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I have a standard Premium but I’m thinking to powder coat mine in sparkly white, kinda like Jaws LE.

If I had the standard premium, I would do the same. I’ve seen a few in white (I believe in this very same thread) and they look great.

#15005 51 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

That looks awesome. It’ll be a little bit until I can work on/access my game. If no one gets back to you sooner, I’ll give it a shot

Thanks! Here is the shorter one installed on my mando. It looks pretty nice!

If you would like one, it’s available in my pinside shop

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1477-slipstream-mod-shop/10622-empire-star-wars-panel-pop-bumper-cap

#15006 51 days ago

Any recommendations with pics on powder coating pro?? Show me your ideas. The white on premium is awesome .

#15007 51 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Quoted from evileye:

If I had the standard premium, I would do the same. I’ve seen a few in white (I believe in this very same thread) and they look great.

Here's a standard premium in white. This was done by Steve at the Pinball Refinery. I believe he used Prismatic Powders Snowcone White.

sw4 (resized).JPEGsw4 (resized).JPEGsw3 (resized).JPEGsw3 (resized).JPEGsw2 (resized).JPEGsw2 (resized).JPEGsw1 (resized).JPEGsw1 (resized).JPEG
#15008 51 days ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Here's a standard premium in white. This was done by Steve at the Pinball Refinery. I believe he used Prismatic Powders Snowcone White.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yea looks great. The pro wouldn’t work in that color for me

#15009 51 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Yea looks great. The pro wouldn’t work in that color for me

I kinda think it looks great from the left side and the front but not so much from the right side. The white against all the black throws me off. The alternate translite is pretty cool as well.

Just my opinion, to each his own.

#15010 51 days ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

I kinda think it looks great from the left side and the front but not so much from the right side. The white against all the black throws me off. The alternate translite is pretty cool as well.

I was thinking the same thing. Love the left side, the right side not so much

#15011 51 days ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Now that you said that, I agree on right side.

For my pro, I thought about a red/blue mix up but don't think I will like it. Need to find a good color. Maybe blue all around? I would rather lean towards the dark side.

#15012 51 days ago

I do like the look of that white armor but I might consider a metallic blue as well. Definitely have to powder coat the armor; this machine isn’t going anywhere for a long, long time.

This game is freakin’ awesome. I’m so glad I finally got a Star Wars of my own. I can’t stop playing it! Even when it kicks my teeth in; I’ve never been happier getting my soul crushed by a pinball machine.

….then tonight, this happened. I know this score ain’t all that compared to the pros, but this was a game to remember, for me.

IMG_6632 (resized).jpegIMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
#15013 50 days ago

Has anyone added Stern’s official lightsaber armor to their machine? I have never seen a picture of these installed.

#15014 50 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Has anyone added Stern’s official lightsaber armor to their machine? I have never seen a picture of these installed.

Yeah I got some to add to mine. Doing that soon.

#15015 50 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Go through the topic gallery of this thread. It’s been shared before. Looks real nice IMO.

#15016 50 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Go through the topic gallery of this thread. It’s been shared before. Looks real nice IMO.

Thanks, these appear to be long sold out everywhere. Anyone want to sell theirs to me, send me a pm?

#15017 50 days ago

Side armor installed

IMG_8599 (resized).jpegIMG_8599 (resized).jpegIMG_8600 (resized).jpegIMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
#15018 50 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Side armor installed
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank for sharing, they do look really nice. Are the saber lights cutouts?

#15019 49 days ago

im looking for a pro comic art translite if anyone has one

#15020 47 days ago

I'm thinking about getting a Jabba statue from Iron Studios and using as a topper. Below is a photoshop job I did to get a visual. I wish it was longer but at 15" I think it would do fine.

Pinside_forum_6208033_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6208033_1 (resized).jpg
#15021 47 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

I'm thinking about getting a Jabba statue from Iron Studios and using as a topper. Below is a photoshop job I did to get a visual. I wish it was longer but at 15" I think it would do fine.
[quoted image]

Looks cool. I bought one of the spinning holographic projector dealies and while it’s pretty cool, it’s crazy_ loud. Louder than some box fans I own. I dunno how often I’d really turn it on.

I gotta find something, though. It’ll be the only pin in my lineup without a topper soon enough.

#15022 47 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Looks cool. I bought one of the spinning holographic projector dealies and while it’s pretty cool, it’s crazy_ loud. Louder than some box fans I own. I dunno how often I’d really turn it on.

I gotta find something, though. It’ll be the only pin in my lineup without a topper soon enough.

I bought this as a placeholder and have kind of just forgotten about it at this point lol. Plugged into the usb in the backbox with no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Robe-Factory-LLC-Official-17-Inch/dp/B08MQ13L3C/ref=asc_df_B08MQ13L3C/

#15023 47 days ago

Thanks for the powder coat ideas. I think the black with speckled white spots works.

I originally was thinking storm trooper white but didnt think it meshed with the comic premium art.

#15024 47 days ago

I ordered this plexiglass topper at 19" wide so I think it will work well. I did a photoshop image to test and think it works. I'll report back in 6 weeks when I receive it.

Would be cool to get a JP topper and just redo it. This guy can print plexiglass so just replace the main unit and add in the logo and a few characters. It would be an expensive project.

#15025 45 days ago

Installed my new custom start button today, looks amazing and perfect fit for the theme!

Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png
#15026 45 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I do like the look of that white armor but I might consider a metallic blue as well. Definitely have to powder coat the armor; this machine isn’t going anywhere for a long, long time.
This game is freakin’ awesome. I’m so glad I finally got a Star Wars of my own. I can’t stop playing it! Even when it kicks my teeth in; I’ve never been happier getting my soul crushed by a pinball machine.
….then tonight, this happened. I know this score ain’t all that compared to the pros, but this was a game to remember, for me.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the speaker panel from? I like the look and diffused white lights

#15027 45 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Where did you get the speaker panel from? I like the look and diffused white lights

Thanks! I really like the look, too. Sometimes I switch the light to blue but usually white.

The speaker panels came from a seller here on Pinside: https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1293-pineffects/08475-grilleffects-stern-star-wars-acrylic-speaker-grill-inserts-

The speaker lights are from DugFreez at www.speakerlights.com -- Add the optional white plastic grid; that’s what diffuses the light.

Added 45 days ago:

Address is actually www.speakerlightkits.com

#15028 45 days ago

Thanks. I ordered his panel for my TMNT. Doesn't look as well as I like due to the speakers I purchased from pinball life with lights. (Kenwood upgrade).

I definitely will order these panels and check out the speaker light kits you mentioned.

#15029 45 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Thanks! I really like the look, too. Sometimes I switch the light to blue but usually white.
The speaker panels came from a seller here on Pinside: https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1293-pineffects/08475-grilleffects-stern-star-wars-acrylic-speaker-grill-inserts-
The speaker lights are from DugFreez at www.speakerlights.com - I’ve tried others and they’ve all failed eventually; his are the best around. Add the optional white plastic grid; that’s what diffuses the light.

Pixelwave are higher quality than Dugs from what i've seen. They are forward facing leds and injection molded, not 3d printed with an led strip.

https://pinwoofer.com/pixlwav-spike-2-dynamic-backbox-speaker-light-kit/

#15030 44 days ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Pixelwave are higher quality than Dugs from what i've seen. They are forward facing leds and injection molded, not 3d printed with an led strip.

I haven't tried the Pixlwav kits, to be fair, and I wasn't actually trying to instigate a debate. I've edited my response above.

#15031 44 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I haven't tried the Pixlwav kits, to be fair, and I wasn't actually trying to instigate a debate. I've edited my response above.

Oh, no problem. I just often see the response that his are best but I have been blown away by Pinwoofer Pixlwave, especially for games with expression lights. Options in the market are good for everyone.

#15032 44 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I'll add that I love SW Pro so much that I bought it NIB twice!
[quoted image]

Pro x 2 !

IMG_8199 (resized).jpegIMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
#15033 44 days ago

Need the topper if you want to sell it.

#15034 44 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:Thanks! I really like the look, too. Sometimes I switch the light to blue but usually white.
The speaker lights are from DugFreez at www.speakerlights.com -- Add the optional white plastic grid; that’s what diffuses the light.

It's actually www.speakerlightkits.com

Quoted from bwalter:

I see no reason that you had to take out the part where you mentioned you liked my light kits the best and had other knock-offs that have crapped out on you. I'm glad you are happy with my light kits.

Quoted from Waxx:

Just because the PinWoofer light kits are different does not mean they are of higher quality. I have sold 1000s of light kits over the past 10+ years, how many threads or posts do you see about my light kits failing, falling apart or having issues? Is it enough to make you believe they are of lower quality? As for his hype and terminology....SMT, PCB based, the first forward facing LEDs in the industry......most of that is just terminology to make his product seem more impressive than it actually is. EVERY Speaker Light Kit I have ever made since late 2012 has used SMT (surface mount technology), been PCB based (as the LED light strips are flexible PCB) and there were others that used forward facing LEDs before him with pinball speaker lights....yet he continues to falsely claim it as "an industry first". He knows his was not the first...so why does PinWoofer continue to falsely claim that his was the first pinball speaker lights to use forward facing LEDs?

Quoted from Waxx:

Oh, no problem. I just often see the response that his are best but I have been blown away by Pinwoofer Pixlwave, especially for games with expression lights. Options in the market are good for everyone.

Options can be good if they are real options and different than the original (which the pinwoofer lights are), but what is not good is when a fellow mod sellers asks you questions about your product, then asks for one of your products and says "Let me be clear, we have no interest in being in the speaker light business"....just to turn around a few weeks later and announce their new speaker lights. It's a real scumbag move. Almost as bad as the many resellers that have sent my light kits and designs off to be copied or decided to copy themselves. Then you get the people copying not only the product, but the name of the product and even my website name. If my light kits are not the best, they are, at the very least, one of the most copied mods in all of pinball. With most of those copies being not as good and, in many cases, sold at a higher price. Almost all of those folks have 100s or 1000s of other products to sell, but they just can't pass up making money off of someone else's ideas, designs and hardwork.

PS: If you ARE buying PinWoofers speaker lights....get then from MezelModsDesign they have them for $20 cheaper ($115 vs $135 from PinWoofer) , my equivalent light kits are $75 ($40 cheaper than either of them.....with more options and better "orchestration" with the controllers programming actually matching the light kits) and of good quality, no matter what you may hear from others.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kit)

#15035 44 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Need the topper if you want to sell it.

You crazy !
Only 500 made!!!!

#15036 44 days ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It's actually www.speakerlightkits.com

I see no reason that you had to take out the part where you mentioned you liked my light kits the best and had other knock-offs that have crapped out on you. I'm glad you are happy with my light kits.

Just because the PinWoofer light kits are different does not mean they are of higher quality. I have sold 1000s of light kits over the past 10+ years, how many threads or posts do you see about my light kits failing, falling apart or having issues? Is it enough to make you believe they are of lower quality? As for his hype and terminology....SMT, PCB based, the first forward facing LEDs in the industry......most of that is just terminology to make his product seem more impressive than it actually is. EVERY Speaker Light Kit I have ever made since late 2012 has used SMT (surface mount technology), been PCB based (as the LED light strips are flexible PCB) and there were others that used forward facing LEDs before him with pinball speaker lights....yet he continues to falsely claim it as "an industry first". He knows his was not the first...so why does PinWoofer continue to falsely claim that his was the first pinball speaker lights to use forward facing LEDs?

Options can be good if they are real options and different than the original (which the pinwoofer lights are), but what is not good is when a fellow mod sellers asks you questions about your product, then asks for one of your products and says "Let me be clear, we have no interest in being in the speaker light business"....just to turn around a few weeks later and announce their new speaker lights. It's a real scumbag move. Almost as bad as the many resellers that have sent my light kits and designs off to be copied or decided to copy themselves. Then you get the people copying not only the product, but the name of the product and even my website name. If my light kits are not the best, they are, at the very least, one of the most copied mods in all of pinball. With most of those copies being not as good and, in many cases, sold at a higher price. Almost all of those folks have 100s or 1000s of other products to sell, but they just can't pass up making money off of someone else's ideas, designs and hardwork.
PS: If you ARE buying PinWoofers speaker lights....get then from MezelModsDesign they have them for $20 cheaper ($115 vs $135 from PinWoofer) , my equivalent light kits are $75 ($40 cheaper than either of them.....with more options and better "orchestration" with the controllers programming actually matching the light kits) and of good quality, no matter what you may hear from others.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kit)

I will never understand an unsolicited commercial break in an owner thread, that's why people hate pinstadium.

#15037 44 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Pro x 2 !
[quoted image]

WildRover Where you at?

#15038 44 days ago

do the latest runs of this have the same issues as my 2017 machine? constant plunger ball drains, right scoop insta ball drain etc?

#15039 44 days ago
Quoted from Shivers:

do the latest runs of this have the same issues as my 2017 machine? constant plunger ball drains, right scoop insta ball drain etc?

Yes and no. You can adjust the game setup to have those things not happen or in the worst case scenario there is a ball save option for the right scoop (Tatooine). Mine doesn't do either but newer players to the game will hold up the left flipper and miss the scoop eject.

#15040 44 days ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I will never understand an unsolicited commercial break in an owner thread, that's why people hate pinstadium.

I agree 100% on the Pinstadium tediously irritating plugs everywhere. I don't see this being the same personally as Doug is responding to the discussion topic at hand which I personally saw as a value add to the discussion.

#15041 44 days ago

I used speakerlightkits.com lights many times and they are great, would still be using them if pixlwav hadn’t innovated and made a higher quality product.

Pictures speak for themselves , a PCB ring with LEDs surfaced mounted, or a light strip you have to smoosh back into a 3D printed ring when it falls out.
IMG_4042 (resized).jpegIMG_4042 (resized).jpegIMG_3170 (resized).jpegIMG_3170 (resized).jpegIMG_3171 (resized).jpegIMG_3171 (resized).jpeg

#15042 44 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Pro x 2 !
[quoted image]

Thats bat shit crazy. 10/10 approve though.

#15044 38 days ago

Which ever one makes you enjoy the game the most. I have the top one. But thats just my preference.

Happy Flipping

David

#15045 37 days ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Which ever one makes you enjoy the game the most. I have the top one. But thats just my preference.
Happy Flipping
David

Since I don't own any, it's hard to know. Why'd you choose the top one? What made that your preference? If one of the bottom two were continuous around the frame, then I'd probably lean towards one of those, because I'm not sure where some of the patterns in the first one come from.

#15046 37 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Since I don't own any, it's hard to know. Why'd you choose the top one? What made that your preference? If one of the bottom two were continuous around the frame, then I'd probably lean towards one of those, because I'm not sure where some of the patterns in the first one come from.

the top one is the only complete frame the other are only 3 sided and leave the bottom open so you can see the original text. the top one is a full border and includes the original text. Again all of them are good addtions.

#15047 36 days ago

I had a request for a Star Wars Silhouette Topper. I don't have these listed in my Pinside Shop yet or on Mezelmods, but they should be on there in the next few days. If you would like to order one, you can also DM me. Takes up to 2 weeks to come back from the powder coater. $185 + shipping.

These are plasma cut, powder-coated metal.

The lighting is Mezelmods Illumination Kit. If you're interested in the lighting, you would need to order through Mezelmods. I believe they're an extra $35.

SW Topper 1 (resized).jpgSW Topper 1 (resized).jpgSW Topper 2 (resized).jpgSW Topper 2 (resized).jpgSW Topper 3 (resized).jpgSW Topper 3 (resized).jpg
#15048 36 days ago

Much better look from eBay on a premium

IMG_8631 (resized).jpegIMG_8631 (resized).jpeg
#15050 36 days ago

Definitely between 1 and 3. The middle section of 2 keeps making me think something’s missing from the pattern.

Tilt was kind enough to link me up with a retailer who still had the sought-after Stern lightsaber armor in stock. Noticed some foreign retailers still have it, but shipping is a bear.

Stern ArmorStern Armor

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manchester, NH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,212 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.