IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 301.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't care if DI LE is "limited"...the point is for $500 more you get SOOOO much more for your dollar.

Sorry but this is stupid, right now an IM costs around the same as STTNG and one is loaded with crap but I would still take IM so what more am I getting for my dollar exactly? toys I don't want? a theme I'm not the least bit interested in? selfies and using the flippers with my phone? people pay for theme and gameplay and good code, usually in that order.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can every stop saying they love star wars please?

noSW (resized).jpgnoSW (resized).jpg

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sorry but this is stupid, right now an IM costs around the same as STTNG and one is loaded with crap but I would still take IM so what more am I getting for my dollar exactly? toys I don't want? a theme I'm not the least bit interested in? selfies and using the flippers with my phone? people pay for theme and gameplay and good code, usually in that order.

I agree. It just didn't jive with DI despite my first 4 pins being Lawlor creations. I like his stuff, but I would've just kept Road Show rather than go for DI.

#104 6 years ago

No to Star Wars? Well the guy was named after a planet.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

No to Star Wars? Well the guy was named after a planet.

Good point. For some reason that song's been stuck in my head since yesterday and I'm not really a fan of Queen.

#106 6 years ago

Not even club threads for enthusiasts of a pin can be kept clean of negativity and hate it seems.
Way to go Pinside!

I love seeing a new pin offered to the community. And a great theme. The cab and head side art looks pretty good across the models. The premium cab/head/translite art looks great with the ESB and villain combo themes. I look forward to seeing the high res pics and hope the game play impresses (where it really counts for me), but I enjoy seeing enthusiasts already going for it. Cheers!

My next big pin purchase is a ways away so I'll keep an eye on this for sure.

#107 6 years ago

I've got a DESW, and have been looking forward to a Stern model. I like the Premium cab/art the least, but if I bought one that would probably be the one. Pro is too basic, but has good looking art. And LE too pricey.

#108 6 years ago

Im going to be in the minority and say I like the Le art better for a few reasons. The millenium falcon is the iconic ship in SW and the theme runs through the "table" with the hyperspace look better with the le. The backglass is almost a 1st person view of that theme.
Then the side art which again I think runs that theme and is a better graphic for the SW universe. Hoth battle is a favourite of mine in the trilogy but its just one scene from that movie so to me its more specific and more niche (looks more like an Empire Strikes Back "table" than a star wars "table"). Pro art to me is 2nd best. Again catches the whole theme better.

The side armour im split on. If it had Star Wars lit up i would have thought that was lame (too obvious). I like how its a pattern and not writing. Have to see that one in the flesh to decide.

Anyway just my thoughts but I think the le is the pick.

#109 6 years ago

Shouldn't the Hyperspace ramp be the Lightspeed ramp? Doesn't Han say "going to make the jump to light speed?"

Been a while since I watched the original trilogy

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Shouldn't the Hyperspace ramp be the Lightspeed ramp? Doesn't Han say "going to make the jump to light speed?"
Been a while since I watched the original trilogy

I *think* hyperspace is correct. I remember watching the movie a few weeks back and catching that, thinking "oh he means light speed."

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I *think* hyperspace is correct. I remember watching the movie a few weeks back and catching that, thinking "oh he means light speed."

Just had to rewatch clips from the original trilogy and force awakens - lots of references/scenes in that movie, they say lightspeed but Han mentions the the hyperdrive is going to blow, so it must be the hyperdrive that gets them to travel at lightspeed!?

So should the Hyperspace ramp be lightspeed ramp? I guess we will know once we see gameplay exactly what the ramp ties into with regards to gameplay and LCD footage, maybe it will act as trench attack and lightspeed integration so giving it a general name like Hyperspace ramp makes sense - ROLL ON gameplay video

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just had to rewatch clips from the original trilogy and force awakens - lots of references/scenes in that movie, they say lightspeed but Han mentions the the hyperdrive is going to blow, so it must be the hyperdrive that gets them to travel at lightspeed!?
So should the Hyperspace ramp be lightspeed ramp? I guess we will know once we see gameplay exactly what the ramp ties into with regards to gameplay and LCD footage, maybe it will act as trench attack and lightspeed integration so giving it a general name like Hyperspace ramp makes sense - ROLL ON gameplay video

Ok, I was watching the original trilogy, maybe Return of the Jedi or Empire Strikes Back for the clip in my mind. Will need to dig it up. Either way, it means FAST! =)

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Im going to be in the minority and say I like the Le art better for a few reasons. The millenium falcon is the iconic ship in SW and the theme runs through the "table" with the hyperspace look better with the le. The backglass is almost a 1st person view of that theme.
Then the side art which again I think runs that theme and is a better graphic for the SW universe. Hoth battle is a favourite of mine in the trilogy but its just one scene from that movie so to me its more specific and more niche (looks more like an Empire Strikes Back "table" than a star wars "table"). Pro art to me is 2nd best. Again catches the whole theme better.
The side armour im split on. If it had Star Wars lit up i would have thought that was lame (too obvious). I like how its a pattern and not writing. Have to see that one in the flesh to decide.
Anyway just my thoughts but I think the le is the pick.

It was my wife's favorite at first sight - she said the other two were too busy. I do love the Stormtrooper on the backbox of the Prem, but I am starting to come around to my wife's viewpoint.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ok so I just rewatched too. You are correct, all references are to light speed by using the hyperdrive. So I must've been thinking oh yeah lightspeed is Star Wars' version of warp speed. lol.

Wonder if hyper-speed is referenced in the new movie for Dec 15th? Doubt it...

#115 6 years ago

I was mainly asking so I can design something to dress up the lockbar button, seems odd as all previous Stern releases, at least the ones I can I can think of, have had a nice metal laser cut plate mounted around the button.

Hoping its just prototype/rendered photos we have seen so far, but the photo with Steve stood in front of the LE and Pro don't show any signs of a laser cut plate, only a minor niggle and simple enough to rectify/produce but its these little details that make a massive difference and at current prices its not something that should be missing.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

seems odd as all previous Stern releases, at least the ones I can I can think of, have had a nice metal laser cut plate mounted around the button.

Seems odd Stern cheaping on on materials?

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seems odd Stern cheaping on on materials?

You know what I mean Law

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was mainly asking so I can design something to dress up the lockbar button, seems odd as all previous Stern releases, at least the ones I can I can think of, have had a nice metal laser cut plate mounted around the button.
Hoping its just prototype/rendered photos we have seen so far, but the photo with Steve stood in front of the LE and Pro don't show any signs of a laser cut plate, only a minor niggle and simple enough to rectify/produce but its these little details that make a massive difference and at current prices its not something that should be missing.

I would be interested if it turns out stern has cut this small detail out.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I would be interested if it turns out stern has cut this small detail out.

For the LE a plate cut to look like the windows of the Millenium Falcon jumping to light speed would work well and tie into the overall theme of the Millennium Falcon (rough paint edit fire service doesn't invest in photoshop )

0 (resized).png0 (resized).png

#120 6 years ago

If its a nice glossy black powder coat finish i think just the button will look fine on the le. Not so much on the prem and pro though

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It was my wife's favorite at first sight - she said the other two were too busy. I do love the Stormtrooper on the backbox of the Prem, but I am starting to come around to my wife's viewpoint.

I also think the premium and pro is too busy. But again i think we are in the minority.

#122 6 years ago

I really liked that stormtrooper on the head side; stood out to me.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

If its a nice glossy black powder coat finish i think just the button will look fine on the le. Not so much on the prem and pro though

I have 3 Sterns with lockdown buttons and they all have a plate around the button, it's nice attention to detail that just finishes the area off.

I think SW just doesn't look finished with a lone button, if I go LE I'll add a plate like above to match the Millennium Falcon theme, just to make it all feel finished and cohesive.

#124 6 years ago

Should add the None to the Vote

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not with Dwight on it, and not if it's anything like GOT when it shipped. That's a fairly complete game.

I was being a smart ass...

#126 6 years ago

pro so i can mod the hell out of it or maybe premium depending on game play and if the ramps in front of the flippers and the crack open egg is worth it.

#127 6 years ago

So what is the main toy on the pro? A Death Star that does not interact at all? All I see are loops ramps orbits and a hole. Am I missing something?

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So what is the main toy on the pro? A Death Star that does not interact at all? All I see are loops ramps orbits and a hole. Am I missing something?

No I don't think so. Looks like a typical SR pro... stripped to shit. There is no toy that I can see on the pro.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

No I don't think so. Looks like a typical SR pro... stripped to shit. There is no toy that I can see on the pro.

It's a real missed opportunity as i think with the size of this IP, it should have so much more on it. I'm usually a pro buyer, but this pin is missing so much on the pro model.

#130 6 years ago

If they hadn't made such a mess of the Batman 66 release, it would have made business sense with Star Wars (licencing probably isn't cheap) to have added a SLE for the most hardcore of SW fans BUT to have kept the Pro this time around so the lineup would have been Pro, Prem, LE & SLE.

This way Stern could have made additional return on the SLE for just fancy artwork and super rarity say 40 SLEs for the 40th Anniversary and with some of that additional margins put more into the Pro, Prem & LEs for the majority of other buyers.

To be clear I don't support or like the SLE model, for the current price of a NIB Stern there should be more on the games anyway but we all know what the bean counters are like at Stern so if a SLE model would have benefitted Pro, Prem & LE buyers I would think okay why not then, it offers those that can afford a SLE the option for a mega rare SWLE and benefits all other buyers with some extra real estate on the playfield.

#131 6 years ago

Just found an LE spot and reserved it. That distro's last allocated spot.

#132 6 years ago

Patiently waiting until I see gameplay and hi res details. LE doesn't show me any advantage over the premium though. I've been thru GBLE issues and sold it off, so I feel like I have plenty of time to decide on a Premium or not.

Still think the art stinks compare to Aerosmith, Batman 66 and MET. Heck TWD is disgusting but it's at least a bit of an effort. This feels like a less experienced director was in charge.

#133 6 years ago

I think when the real high res photos come out there will be items included that we didn't see before. This was a video capture. Stern would never just have an unlabeled lockdown bar button.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay I've been dissing it but...
Remember when IM released! It got BLASTED. Looked "cheap", "plain", "boring"...and I was one of those people. Hell I liked it even less after playing it a few times. Now...I love it! One of my all time favorites. So there is hope.

This....word for word.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think when the real high res photos come out there will be items included that we didn't see before. This was a video capture. Stern would never just have an unlabeled lockdown bar button.

There is an image of Steve and Dwight stood next to an LE and a Pro, there is no laser cut emblem/label around the lockdown bar button, I hope they do add something as its a pretty small thing but it makes a massive difference in the finished look.

#136 6 years ago

Untitled document.pdfUntitled document.pdf

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Even Star Trek pro has a fairly interactive toy with the ship, magnet, kicker, and drop target combination.

Star Wars pro like you said doesn't even have one toy that interacts with the ball. This may be the most stripped down pro yet...even more so then GOT pro which is already fairly bare yet at least has a physical ball lock, kicker, small moving dragon and the battering ram.

Will consider a premium but really hope there's more to the game then what's been shown.

#138 6 years ago

Well there certainly seems to be no interactive toy anyway. I'd say the best pro buyers can hope for is the Death Star flashes a few lights. Even AS has kept the main toy. Bit ordinary I say with the pro anyway. Will be fun but again no main toy?

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Well there certainly seems to be no interactive toy anyway. I'd say the best pro buyers can hope for is the Death Star flashes a few lights. Even AS has kept the main toy. Bit ordinary I say with the pro anyway. Will be fun but again no main toy?

GOT pro really does not have any toys either. The ball lock has a sword but all it really is a ball lock with a sword for decoration. The battering ram toy hardly is noticeable functionally when playing and thus is more a decoration than toy.

It just seems like the prices are going up fast for Pros while also stripping them of features. Just look at Met Pro and SM as a comparison for examples of Pro level games that had a reasonable amount of functional stuff.

#140 6 years ago

How do you know what Star Wars PRO has before seeing the feature matrix? All we have is low res images without any explanation.
Tomorrow we should know more.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even Star Trek pro has a fairly interactive toy with the ship, magnet, kicker, and drop target combination.
Star Wars pro like you said doesn't even have one toy that interacts with the ball. This may be the most stripped down pro yet...even more so then GOT pro which is already fairly bare yet at least has a physical ball lock, kicker, small moving dragon and the battering ram.
Will consider a premium but really hope there's more to the game then what's been shown.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

How do you know what Star Wars PRO has before seeing the feature matrix? All we have is low res images without any explanation.
Tomorrow we should know more.

To be fair Panzer did state in his post:

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

And I am in the same mindset, what is there looks good, but I hope there is more that we can not see from images.

Couple of things I'd love to see are magnets under the playfield and that maybe the 3 bank is motorised, those two features would really knock SW out the park.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

... what is there looks good, but I hope there is more that we can not see from images......

Yeah like some complete software, we haven't seen anything yet, but we know it's going to be _______.

#143 6 years ago

Its funny how everyone already thinks they know all the features from a few blurry photos and no feature matrix. Don't dismiss anything without a proper reveal / matrix.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Its funny how everyone already thinks they know all the features from a few blurry photos and no feature matrix. Don't dismiss anything without a proper reveal / matrix.

Excited for tomorrow

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Excited for tomorrow

#146 6 years ago

All you lucky Americans will know all the details at a decent time in the morning...us Australians will be awake at 1 am tonight!

https://twitter.com/Samuel_IGN/status/871946186034266112

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

All you lucky Americans will know all the details at a decent time in the morning...us Australians will be awake at 1 am tonight!
https://twitter.com/Samuel_IGN/status/871946186034266112

10pm I think for us in NZ

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

10pm I think for us in NZ

If it's 1am in Oz, then it's 3am in NZ.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

If it's 1am in Oz, then it's 3am in NZ.

Yup and if its 10pm in NZ then either 8pm Queensland or 6pm Perth. I'm guessing 8am PT is 10pm NZ?

Oh bugger, just checked, 8am PT is 3am in Nz. Be watching it tomorrow then.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Yup and if its 10pm in NZ then either 8pm Queensland or 6pm Perth. I'm guessing 8am PT is 10pm NZ?
Oh bugger, just checked, 8am PT is 3am in Nz. Be watching it tomorrow then.

You had me double checking the time and trying to work out if i screwed it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.