IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

366 posts in this topic match your search for posts by kermit24. You are on page 2 of 2.
#7174 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

True.
Does anyone know if you get Jedi Training progress (hitting the mini standups) during the Multiballls? Or just in single ball play?
Haven't tested this yet. Just curious.

Yes you can progress Jedi Training during all multiballs. If thats the one thing preventing you I would play as either Luke or Leia. You can advance Jedi Training as a plunge award.

1 week later
#7249 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

major bugs, we need a new code update.
i updated mine from an older code to the latest code a week ago. i had never seen this bug in the older coe.
i have experience 2-3 times where i have closed out 1, 2, or 3 planets and there is nothing lit or available to advance to the next planet(s) or missions. really weird, all i could do was drain out the ball as i couldn't advance them. anyone else experience this? code is 1.05.

A video or photo of this would be helpful.

#7252 4 years ago

yeah, i suppose when it happens again i will try to record it. there are just no available shots lit to start or advance planets and missions. seems that maybe i broke the code as i was stacking tie fighter and hyperspace multiballs on top of victory mbs possibly.

Make sure you are trying the 3 bank below the mini display. Some modes use these targets.

1 week later
#7286 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Me neither, but thinking about it - maybe they increase the time you have to bash that button...?

I always thought they just gave you an extra tie fighter kill.

#7302 4 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Scoop is often plunging three times and continusly regestring mystery shots, why oh why did I sell my perfectly working pro just to bye this nib premium

What you are describing sounds like an easy switch adjustment.

#7304 4 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Thx, it was the switch.
Any ide on the gate, it's not opening and the coil still fires even when the gate finaly opens

For the gate, I am sure it is mechanical. Make sure it is connected properly under the playfield, and moves freely when you manually activate it.

#7306 4 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Fixed it, just loosen the allenscrew and adjust it upwards, works great now ‍♀️

Awesome!

1 week later
#7322 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Is the shaker a must have on this game? I checked sterns website feature matrix and I don't see one included with any model. Is it integrated well or is it too much?

For me it is a must buy. Very well integrated into the game code.

#7332 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Never seen any of the movies

2 weeks later
#7348 4 years ago

Unboxed my star wars pro this evening.
3rd game was just great.. (3 balls, 2 xtras, outlanes mid position, factory settings)..
This is what you get when completing all modes but waiting to play the planet modes one after the other at 40x [quoted image]

FYI: There is a tilt bob in the coin box.

#7350 4 years ago

it's installed, back legs are all up, and yes the glass was on

Nice score. Star Wars Pro is one of those games that plays easier with the back legs jacked up since it’s easier to trap up, and less side to side action. Try it at 6.5.

#7397 4 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Soooo, node board 11 appears to not be working on my HUO Premium.
I went through the generic support page(https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/) but have a feeling that may be a bit of a communication black hole. Does anyone have any other recommendations on how best to get support for this?

Glad you got it fixed. For next time: with Stern, the website is a black hole. The best way (by FAR) to get support is to call them.

2 weeks later
#7442 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

What? I thought multipliers didn't work in lightsaber duel.

Ummmm yes they do. For sure.

1 month later
#7516 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I don't mind putting washers down under the slings but I am concerned about the peeling clearcoat at the orbit.
Not sure how I contact Chas. I don't want to annoy Stern either by trying to contact them directly :/ Is it OK to contact him or should I work through my distributor?

At the orbit, that doesn't look like a clear issue, it looks like the ball guide had been impacted and is shifting, therefore scratching the playfield. Make sure the ball guide is tight. There should be nuts under the playfield. As for the slings, that seems pretty minimal compared to some of the newer issues, assuming it doesn't get larger or chip.

1 week later
#7553 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So this actually had underside playfield service rails and my pro has what looks like Popsicle sticks ? Seriously ???

They switched to rails for all pro games released after Iron Maiden.

#7556 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wonder if KME had input on this since it was his game where this behavior changed? The pegs were one of the most awful, cheap ass, cost cutting designs ever seen in pinball.
Rob

You are right its all KME on that. mollyspub you can buy the rails from Pinball Life for $55.

#7558 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I thought he said it was a coincidence that it was his game, and that they'd been planning to switch back before he arrived

No, I believe it was the opposite. He said in an interview that he was pushing for it. Don't remember the podcast. Maybe H2H or Slam Tilt around the Iron Maiden launch timeframe?

1 month later
#7631 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Pro is easy? Man I must be doing something wrong !

Pro is easy(ier) than the Premium / LE. But not easy.

1 week later
#7660 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone ever have an issue where Death Star leds just start acting haywire mid game?
Played a game today and this happened, even between balls with ball in shooter lane the green leds wire firing almost continuously which isn’t normal.
Any thoughts?

Make sure your connections are good to the node boards.

#7685 4 years ago

It is coming

sw topper (resized).jpegsw topper (resized).jpeg
#7688 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I hope! Did you see it in action?
The base needs some decals and weathering to make it look like he’s riding in the x-wing.

I did not. Not at expo this year. I need to check the expo thread for any Stern tour photos. The photo is from a couple of weeks ago I believe from facebook. Notice it is different than a year ago. More accurate R2.

#7694 4 years ago

Apparently they were very strict at the tour with the no photos thing. But I am sure they said something about the topper. Anyone on the tour yesterday?

#7696 4 years ago

i suppose some people do enjoy it. i don't, it's not the movies i grew up with and have enjoyed since the 80's. i would never trade my original run for the new one.
different strokes for different folks

I love my ESB Premium with all the bad guys on the plastics. Comic does look pretty good however.

#7702 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm hoping next up will be the Mad Magazine rendition, with playable characters Lube Skystalker, Ham Yoyo, Princess Laidup and Bar-Stool.
[quoted image]

Wow that is super creepy!

1 week later
#7768 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I still don't exactly understand why the pro version has a post below the drops and the premium version doesn't. I know it was a design decision, but why? I think the playfield plays the same in this area regardless of version, right?
With this post, my left drain is normal. It's still a pretty tough drain, but not at all unfair like it sounds like the premium version is.[quoted image]

When the pro was first designed, the FORCE targets were stand up targets instead of drops. The posts are necessary with stand ups to prevent balls getting stuck. At some point in the game design, the pro got drop targets. They didn’t delete the posts and you have what you have today. That’s why the premium should have the left outlane post all the way down by default.

#7779 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Getting quite a few PMs from people interested in the SW left side post. How many additional people might be interested and I’ll ask my friend to make them. I know that post has made my game a keeper and a blast to play without the constant threat of cheap left hand drains, because of an unusually wide open gap on the LE/Pre left side, especially when the force drops are down. Let me know if you want one.

Put it on Shapeways?

#7789 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

As long as mine is leveled perfectly and the pitch is 6.5, I don’t have many cheap left drains. I’ve also learned where to hit the triple target bank so it minimizes the risk of a left drain.

This. A big part of skill on any machine is learning how to minimize the high risk shots that send your ball out of control if you miss, or make a shot that doesn’t return to the flipper, like the 3 bank. Avoid the dangerous shots as much as possible.

#7797 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Check out the ACNC topper...that’s done right and worth the $300 they are charging. Stern has a lot to live up to.

That topper looks horrible IMO.

#7800 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Did you watch the video. It’s highly interactive with the game too. Each to their own. Sad that Stern/Disney duffed the SW topper.

Yes I watched the video. The brain with the googly eyes was very amateurish and strange.

#7834 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I think they actually have the service rails. But of course my pro does not.
Doesn't make sense!

My bet is that they don't have the rails. The wiring harness is laid out in a certain way based on the original design. Did the Star Trek "vault" Pros have pegs?

#7846 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone know where I can see the Death Star explode (premium/LE) in gameplay (not the game trailer).

Start at 1:18:00

#7872 4 years ago

Stern has sold translites in the past...

#7874 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Premium or just Pro?

Good question. It was a while ago, but I think it was Pro.

#7877 4 years ago

It may take a couple years for it to be for sale. Honestly the best bet is to email your favorite pinball parts website that also is a stern distributor and give them the part number of the translite.

1 week later
#7943 4 years ago

Escape from Boba Fett can’t start when another mode is going. Basically anytime you see a white arrow, you should shoot it. When you shoot yellow arrows, they turn white and you shoot the white to collect one of the four required white shots for the mode.

#7993 4 years ago

I have been able to backhand the Death Star with a game that is side to side level and at 6.5 pitch. No flipper adjustments required.

#8004 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I suspect the 2nd run of Star Wars comic edition will offer the premium PF + Pro cabinet & a code update.
My hunch is half wishful thinking & half based on historical data.
There's 2x premium Metallica, 2x premium ACDC, 2x premium Munsters, etc.

Seriously doubt it. Stern isn’t going back to Disney for another approval because Curly from pinside wanted it.

#8012 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

My comic premium has the new plywood bottom and reinforced cabinet corners.

The plywood bottom is on newer games. I believe all premium / LE models had the reinforced corners.

#8017 4 years ago

Look at the complete bullshit going on regarding the topper.

Link to my comment:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/8#post-5325032

post from GAP announcing it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/7#post-5324928

#8027 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Some pics of the comic Premium
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great. Mirror blades would be a great addition. They look great on my game.

1 week later
#8089 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The next pin will be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

This is an incorrect statement. Bookmark it.

#8091 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Just what I heard from a reliable source...
Sorry if it's not correct.

TMNT is strongly rumored and I do believe it is coming. It’s just not the next game.

#8101 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was so close to blowing up DS for the first time yesterday (on DS multi ball R2D2).

Awesome. You will do it soon. And when you do it will be satisfying. Escape from Endor is easier than Destroy the Death Star.

#8151 4 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Looks like current rev is 1.05. If anyone could weigh in on the polishing that would be great. Thank you!

Post a photo of the wax.

#8160 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Someone help me understand the core objectives of Escape from Tatooine.
Is it really just shoot left ramp to escape?
Am I missing something here or is the a ridiculously easy mode?

Not quite - it’s a series of alternating shots. Left ramp / Right loop. From Tilt Fourms:

Escape from Tatooine: Shoot the alternating shots of left ramp and right inner loop to progress the story of Luke getting to the yacht, retrieving Leia, and exploding Jabba’s Yacht. There are 9 parts to the story. Along the way the 3 bank, right ramp, and right eject will increase your award value. So you have a choice of going straight for the end or trying to maximize your scoring potential.

#8162 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That’s good to know...never knew any of that.
When you start the mission it says to shoot left ramp and if you do it shows it completed I think. Lol

Yeah you shoot the left ramp. But then you need the right loop to re-light the left ramp.

#8165 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

K, this was the Comic Edition?
I had a regular Prem and would get bounce outs pretty regularly...

There is a physical adjustment in the hyperloop / fork ramp transition that can help improve rejects.

#8176 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I apologize if this has been talked about before but Star Wars is new to me. So I own the Comic Premium but the game boots up and reports that it is an LE (not a premium). Is this normal or did Stern just have Extra LE boards and used what they had to make the Comic versions? Just curious.

LE and Premium code is identical. I think they all say LE on boot.

#8181 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Hyper loop multiball. If you can keep getting balls up into the hyper loop ramp, you could get all 6 in play. I have not got more than 3 yet....

Yeah getting 2 or more in there is awesome. I think 5 may be the max in the loop, with the 6th ball being in play.

#8191 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I thought so too, maybe special K got to me ... it didn’t have enough on it. But to be honest it’s got more or as much as JP, DP, Maiden.

Kaneda doesn’t know what he is talking about regarding Star Wars in particular. Completely clueless.

#8199 4 years ago

Comic edition owners: Stern has release comic art blades. Available on the Stern website now.

B0F21D25-6B7D-45F3-B845-27B74D8F1912 (resized).jpegB0F21D25-6B7D-45F3-B845-27B74D8F1912 (resized).jpeg
#8206 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I installed a siamese post. It evened out the ball exits.[quoted image]

If you are going by the audits, make sure you add in number of times "escape" is used to the right outline numbers if you really want to have a true feel of left vs right drains.

#8212 4 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

I think there is a software issue or am I interpreting this wrong. Last night I received a Tech Alert on Switch 56 (Mid Fork Ramp). The problem is that when I went to fix the issue it ended up that the ramp was actually Switch 65 not 56. I think I ran into this with a different switch once before. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks

Take another look at your alert. Switch 56 should be a sling shot. I think this sling shot is in the pop bumper area. It is also possible that the manual is wrong. Seen that before.
Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.22.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.22.22 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.24.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.24.44 AM (resized).png

#8224 4 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Hello all. New to the club. I just set up my comic edition and I’m getting some node board errors that are popping up. 1,8,9,10. What are those boards used for?

Make sure the coin door is closed when you power up the game. The interlock shuts off power to node boards now.

#8240 4 years ago

This. Especially if you have a premium / LE.

#8243 4 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Have a question on the capacitor mod that came out in the latest service bulletins. Apparently my game already had this done from the factory though the wiring is different. Has anyone else noticed this and is one preferred to another. Please see pictures...[quoted image][quoted image]

If you read the service bulletin, it states the dates that games had this installed at the factory. If your game build date if after the service bulletin, you don’t need this “fix”. Highly unlikely you would need this on a NIb game today unless it’s been sitting at your distributor for a couple years.

#8253 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Now that I have enough plays to open this game up, I'm loving it. There are so many things to go for and so many different ways to approach it. Currently, I would put this game solidly in my top 5. I think it gets beat up on ratings for some of the same reasons TWD does. It can be brutal, and the rules take a little study to understand fully. That and people are still emotionally damaged over its non-cluttered playfield.
I would highly recommend installing the Pin-woofer super kit. It's by far the best mod I've put on mine. To really appreciate the audio assets that immerse you into this game, you need the amp in the BB with the upgraded speakers. Crank the BB up, and the hairs will stand up on your neck each time you start tie fighter or hyperloop multiball. The stock amps and speakers do this game no justice.

I agree with the upgraded speakers. I went with the Flipper Fidelity high output and they are a huge difference. I can imagine with a separate amplifier they would be even better.

#8255 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just installed a stern shaker that my wife got me for Christmas . Just got my high score and blew up the Death Star!I see what people mean by saying the shaker is very aggressive in video mode. Guess I'll just to play better! I have it set on minimal which I think works best. Only thing I didn't care for was it going off during the match sequence. I'll see what happens if I turn that setting off.
Lastly, what setting are people using for amount of extra balls?

I am factory default for the extra balls. I think some characters (Luke) are able to earn extra balls easier than others. As far as the shaker, I think the implementation is great. As far as video mode, if you don’t hit the asteroids the shaker never goes off.

#8271 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Can the death star shot(on premium) be backhanded? Or is it only possible from right flipper?

Absolutely. But your game must be at a 6.5 degree pitch. Use the “pin guy” app for iPhone.

#8273 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

think im at 6.5/6.6. I have a tool that can measure it pretty well. eill play around with it

It’s a tight shot. But if your game is level and clean it should be doable.

#8277 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I make the death star as much from the left flipper as the right. It does usually have to be cradled to get the proper aim from the left; otherwise it is a luck shot.

Cradling the ball on the left is a must, I thought that went without saying

#8279 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

For those interested, twenty84 (ChromeCandyPinball on Twitch) did a stream a few days ago with a dedicated camera on the new SW topper the whole time:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/527437553
The most interactivity I noticed was when R2D2 did a full 360 degree rotation after a free ball was won. Otherwise, it appears to be fairly sedate.

R2 does quite a few things I have noticed. For this stream, it would have been more noticeable with direct audio capture, since a lot of what is added is audio + the movement. He is more active when you play as R2, since he seems to move more in the modes he is in.

A few things I noticed:

*Tilt / Warning he will freak out
*Mystery he will move similar to the R2 on the screen
*Bonus countdown (when R2 is pictured on the screen) he mimics the movements of the screen R2
*When selecting R2 character before 1st ball he moves and beeps to acknowledge he is picked
*Ball save (when playing as R2) springs him into action when the animation pops up

If you have the volume up, you will definitely notice R2 while playing because of all the extra R2 beeps and movement sounds.

One of the best parts of the topper that I didn't expect is how R2 brings the machine to life in attract mode. You can adjust the interval when he makes sounds and moves in attract. Default is every 20 minutes. The execution is pretty good overall.

#8294 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hardest shots for me when I need it is right ramp and the left orbit. I get them all the time, just not when Im exactly trying! Ive gotten pretty good at the death star ramp(premium here) from left cradle or the right(a bit easier for me actually).
Hyper loop i get almost every game once but thats it. One ball and about 4 loops. How do you get additional balls in? Hyperloop multiball? I dont know if Ive gotten that yet. Mode stacking makes it tough to keep track of everything. The first of only two times ive blown up the death star I didnt even get to see it because of the multiball madness going on!

For the right ramp, it’s a much easier and safer shot back handed from the right flipper.

To extend time for hyperspace multiball, shoot the yellow arrows before you try the hyperloop shot. That builds time you have to load balls in the loop. The yellow shots are the right ramp or left orbit. Both of these can be combo’d into the hyperloop. I like to backhand the right ramp to build time / hurry-up score and then combo it into the hyperloop.

#8303 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've broken through a billion a few times (1.6 is my highest). I just can't seem to beat any of the mini-wizard modes. I even stacked tie fighter multiball a couple of times and still failed. I can't imagine battling and defeating the Emporer at this point.

You don’t need to “beat” the planet wizard modes to qualify to battle the Emperor. Just start them. The key is to not have a simultaneous drain event during the multiball. “Everybody out of the pool”

Try keeping one ball under control (trapped) during the multiball. This allows you to be more accurate with your shooting.

#8307 4 years ago

If you are playing as R2, good luck getting to the Emperor. With R2, Jedi Training is never lit as a plunge award, so you have to get Jedi Master the hard way for the most part. Luke and Leia will have Jedi Training lit to advance easier to Jedi Master. If I am trying for Emperor, I will usually pick Luke for this reason.

#8319 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Watched a deadflip stream of the home version and it has tons more video clips in it than our games. Would be nice to have a code update to involve some of that other video and polish this great game some more.

What clips specifically are you seeing that are not in the Pro / Premium games? I find that very hard to believe. Remember there are two LCDs so the mini one also displays content, often during the planet multiballs.

#8325 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Don't believe me then watch for yourself
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/533349597

Thanks for sharing. Looks like the game just plays clips continuously instead of only during modes. The game itself is a continuous mode and stuff just gets started on top of it. For sure a different thought process on game progression and rules design. The clips look much better on the stream than in real life since he is directly capturing the video. I think this game has a 5.5" smartphone size screen.

As far as end of ball sequences / callouts on our game, I agree it would be nice to have more variety.

#8339 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree and don't want to go into the list of pins that are rated above it. I realize that ratings are personal and not everyone likes the same thing but I do agree that if you like fast, toys, rules, great theme it's got it all. But come on, sword of Rage (Wonka, The Hobbit, Elvira, TBL?) are rated higher than SW?

I agree that the ratings don’t accurately describe how good this game is. Have all the club members rated this game? I hope so. On other owner (JJP) threads, they have no shame in asking fellow owners to pump the game in the ratings. Not asking for that, but I think all SW owners should at least rate the game to give it a fair shake.

#8344 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

These really should be lumped in with the others for the rating, it’s the same game with different art. Easily a top 20 game in my opinion.

Absolutely. It’s a variant of the same game. robin can you help with this? Star Wars Comic is another game variant vs a new game.

#8363 4 years ago

The best time to play the video mode is when you are coming out of a multi-ball because usually the multiplier will already be built up to 20 or 40x. First thing I do it check the multiplier when I am draining to single ball play.

1 week later
#8388 4 years ago

I just received the millenium falcon from Stern and I want to install it on my pro (no mezel mod alligator clips but with a real connector)
From the light reference table in the pro manual this seems to be provided/supported (bottom row in screenshot)
Anyone already installed this with success? Just wanted to check before I blow up my nodeboard or something like that.[quoted image][quoted image]

Node board 10, Connector (CN) 2?

#8390 4 years ago

Of course, that seems logic, just wanted to verify if somebody already had done this.
Manuals do not always match the real situation.

Understood. I didn't realize adding the falcon was an option and was sold separately.

#8415 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think Cointaker has one
https://cointaker.com/products/star-wars-illuminated-millenium-falcon-mod
I have the Premium so I don't have this, just did a google search

That’s “one” but it is certainly not the Stern falcon. At least from the photos.

#8446 4 years ago
Quoted from yannflipp1337:

Just got mine Comic Premium !
Gotta say the artwork looks amazing
A little detail came up , turns out my machine was born the 32th of October[quoted image]

That isn't the date your machine was born, that is the date the cabinet was QA accepted. October 32nd is rare indeed. Check the white sticker on the back of the game.

1 month later
#8564 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your best score for the asteroid minigame? I finally got a perfect with full turbo all the way and 40x multiplier. 723 million for that one mode!

The video mode increases in value each time you start it. I believe level 3 is the highest value.

#8577 4 years ago

The stern blades are much better than the aftermarket stuff. They are very thick and easy to install.

#8609 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That light gap between the SW topper and the head drives me nuts. It really should have shipped with a gasket, especially for what it cost!

Agreed - Takes about 2 mins to fix however. I also think a $400 ColorDMD should come with a gasket also...

#8629 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

It really needs: stay on target, stay on target! From the Death Star fight scene.

For sure it is there in the game already.

2 months later
#8894 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Someone here said the license for Star Wars expires in July. Does anyone know when last call is? Does Stern usually announce that?

Usually Stern does announce (to distributors) last calls for games that are running out of license time. That does not mean that they will not renew down the road and re-run the game.

1 month later
#9074 3 years ago

I think the dealer I buy from still has a Comic Premium. Classic Game Rooms in Georgia. I have my games shipped from there to me in Redondo Beach, CA because he actually seems to care about pinball. Half the time I can’t get my local guys on the phone so I said screw it, I’ll go with Jason from Classic Game Rooms from now on.

Jason is a good guy. I have bought many games from him.

#9089 3 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Dont have one in my pro.[quoted image]

For a long time, the Spike games had no interlock, including almost all Star Wars produced. Only the newest ones have it. The reason given at the time was that Spike games were not technically "high voltage" (under 50V) so they no longer needed it. Wonder if the move back to interlock was more to protect node boards than people.

1 week later
#9119 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks, I’ve developed an intermittent issue with the opto on the right side of the inner loop. It is intermittently failing to register when the ball crosses its path, which causes failed captures and shots not registering.
I’ve not yet had to troubleshoot an opto, other than cleaning it (which I’ve already done.)
Can you give me tips on how to make this solid again?

I would check the connector under the playfield. Sometimes a flaky connection develops there. Check for tarnished pins. Also, make sure the opto is aligned perfectly with the matching one.

4 weeks later
#9264 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Really? That doesn’t make any sense.

Yes. For newer Stern games, there is a true lifetime counter that can't be reset, but not Star Wars. The lifetime cash / coin in can't be reset however. So you can know if it spent time on location.

2 weeks later
#9369 3 years ago

Hey guys check out this thread and vote for SW if you feel it is deserving.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-code-of-stern-spike-2

#9372 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

On my premium, without any changes on the left return ramp where the ball stop for modes is, the ball stop is not dropping below the ramp and the ball gets stuck there until a ball search launches it out to the playfield. Any suggestions? Is there an adjustment to from the stop or do I raise the ramp? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Yes you can adjust the resting position of the plunger under the playfield.

#9386 3 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Just installed a shaker and i dont think it works well in this game, thoughts?

I actually like the shaker implementation a lot. Small shakes when you shoot tie fighters, huge shake when the Death Star is destroyed. In the video mode if you get hit by a lot of asteroids it will shake a ton. But if you were on the Falcon and got hit by asteroids you would also. Solution: Fly better!

Overall I think they did a good job with it.

#9390 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I spent a ton of time dialing in my premium so it played about as well as one can play.
The shots were nowhere near "the same" as a pro.... ramps are much smoother and easier to backhand on the pro.
The hyperloop is a very cool toy but the pro plays miles better if it didnt I would have bought another premium.
I love the game and either is great but the premium plays almost like a totally different pin.

As I’ve pointed out before, the Pro also has a post below the “F” drop target which can prevent drains. Pro is easier for sure.

#9397 3 years ago

Huh... I had not noticed that.
Not sure how much difference it makes but interesting.

I've owned both. It helps reduce left outlane drains for sure. Doesn't take anything away from either version. Both are excellent games.

#9433 3 years ago

Death Star ramp tip: You have a ball guide on the left side that feeds the fork ramp nicely. When aiming from the right flipper, don't aim for the fork ramp dead on. Try aiming just to the left so the geometry of the ball guide takes it smoothly up the ramp. Using the ball guides is important on this shot and tight orbit shots, like the right orbit. Over time you should be able to determine where the shot is on the flipper when playing from a cradle/trap.

#9440 3 years ago

Congrats - Those bubble levels aren't that great. Got a digital level? Star Wars kind of needs to be at 6.5 degrees.

It's not even a "level" because it doesn't measure left to right. Only a very inconsistent indicator of pitch.

3 weeks later
#9567 3 years ago

Man, you guys are hardcore... I think the sound package on the game is pretty good.
they can always be better but this is far from the worst one I have heard, at least not to the point where I would change it.

Yeah I think the default sound package is fantastic also.

#9585 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I didn't even know this was possible...So I just fired up a game on SW Premium after doing some good work on Jurassic Park...So I'm playing as HAN, hit the Endor Death Star during a Tie Fighter Multiball, blow up the Death Star and immediately activate The Hyperspace Multiball in Victory multiball. I get not 1, not 2, or 3, but 4 balls chasing each other in the loop. I didn't think I could get more than 3 ...and they continued for a bit...man that was crazy insane rush..This pin always surprises me...crap game one minute...in the Zone with the Force the next

It is “possible” to get all 6 up there. My max is 4 and it’s awesome as you found out.

1 week later
#9632 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

My lermod falcon is sold,I just made my own because I wanted to see the drop targets and just thought it was to large
This one is Just right for me
[quoted image]

Don't let the falcon crash into the left ramp!

#9637 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Hello, is anyone here having "trouble" with leftside spinner blocking the left orbit shots?

Post a photo of your spinner.

#9639 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Maybe i just need to improvisera my aiming Skills. [quoted image][quoted image]

Assuming your spinner spins freely, yes you do!

#9641 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Am I correct in thinking that Star Wars DOES NOT have the feature where you can hold Start+Left Flipper to end a game? My other machines (BM66, TMNT, GB) all seem to have, which is super helpful when someone (usually little ones) start a game but do not finish.

It does not. If it gets a code update, they would add it, but it doesn't seem like any updates are on the radar.

#9647 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Yes It feels sometime you aim perfect but the shot bounce back by the spinner or its frame, I wish the spinner had been located further up in the orbit. but maybe a new "spinner frame" that raise the spinner will do the trick.

Any orbit shot you should aim basically at the ball guide.

Also, that spinner is easily backhandable, which is a much safer shot.

#9651 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

That’s exactly why I’d like to see them play it! Multiplier strategy and crazy scores!! Huge risk/reward in the genius code...

Deadflip has a few videos out there. Search on YouTube.

#9664 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So... i'm going to sound like a broken record. I just purchased Klein's Inclinometer and realized Star Wars (Premium/LE) was set to 6.1 degrees. Adjusted it ASAP to 6.5 as instructed on this thread.
Now, I am not frustrated about the hyperloop shot from both flippers! Yes!! My love for Star Wars (Premium/LE) has returned.
Gonna try and see if I can get 3-4 balls into the hyperloop at once.

In order to get more time to load balls, shoot the right ramp first. Backhand the right ramp and combo it into the hyperloop.

#9666 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Good suggestion. Will do.

Sure. Both yellow shots (left orbit and right ramp) add time to load the hyperloop when you start the multiball. I always backhand the right ramp before I try to load a ball in the loop.

2 weeks later
#9718 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I got an offer to trade my Game of Thrones Pro for Star Wars Pro? Should I go for it? Does Star Wars Pro have more to offer in gameplay? Thoughts?

Both excellent games with a ton of strategy. Do you feel like you have done everything you want to do in GOT? I'd do Star Wars personally, and I've owned both.

#9721 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

The only thing I want to do is get to Iron Throne playing as Greyjoy. Other than that I made it to victory laps playing as Targaryen. Just the other day I got to Iron Throne playing as Baratheon. It is a great game, but the shot variety is basic where Star Wars seems to have more going for it in the variety of shots and which inserts to hit.

Yeah, you are done with it. Get Star Wars for sure. If you miss it, there will be plenty of opportunities to get it back. Lots out there.

1 week later
#9737 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Aren't the flippers close enough?

Yes.

1 week later
#9805 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Thanks! To confirm, I take it by your multicolored insert comment that you have a premium?

There is no change in lighting from pro to premium.

#9809 3 years ago

All of you having issues, email:

[email protected]

[email protected]

1 week later
#9932 3 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

So for those of us who don't want to shell out $1,000+ for the Star Wars topper, what topper substitutes have you guys come up with?

One was for sale here for $750

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1092-great-american-pinball/02053-stern-star-wars-topper

#9934 3 years ago

Ah. There is also a douche selling his for $1800 on Pinside.

#9999 3 years ago
Quoted from refried:

I could use some help from other Premium/LE owners. I think I've come up with a set of steps to reproduce the warp ramp out of sync issue. This is when the ramp does not stop flush with the playfield in the down position causing balls to get stuck there until ball search. Please give these steps a try and see if it happens for you too.
Reproduction steps:
0. Allow two modes to be stacked
1. Start Game as Luke and Light Tatooine Missions
2. Light Endor Missions
3. Start Speeder Bike Chase and Escape from Mos Eisley
4. Shoot the ramp once to bring up the warp ramp
5. Shoot Hoth so ramp has to come down to let release ball
6. Keep the timers going by hitting a drop or spot target
7. When EfME times out the ramp will come down and past the bottom position

send this to [email protected]

#10002 3 years ago
Quoted from Flancrest_ent:

I’m in the club! Just brought a Comic Pro home yesterday. Family played all day today-even skeptic wife and daughter had an absolute blast!
My first pinball machine. I did a ton of reading on here deciding what to buy, thanks to a great & helpful community.

Awesome to hear! Welcome to pinball and Pinside!

#10037 3 years ago

I personally couldn’t give two shits about the ratings.

#10060 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Hello SW fans! First post ever to Pinside. Stumbled across the site researching Super Chexx, and have now fallen down the pinball rabbit hole... So much so, that not only do I have a Super Chexx on the way, but a SW Comic Premium as well. First pin ever.
Question about side blades. I know it comes down to personal preference, but any thoughts on Comic Art Blades, mirror blades, or black mirror blades? Initially I thought I'd go with the art blades, but now I'm leaning mirror. And I keep wondering about the black mirror.
I've read through much of this topic thread, and all of the options are well-received. If anybody has any thoughts that might help with this decision, please reply. Thank you!

With all the wire forms, regular mirror blades look fantastic. They make the game look even brighter. I am not a fan of the dark mirror at all. The effect is muted. Waste of money IMO.

#10075 3 years ago

For me Star Wars is a max 3 beer game. After that it’s all over. The accuracy you need to nail a lot of the shots, especially Death Star, make it hard to blow this game up when you are not in top form. I’m talking about Jedi Multiball. You need to be on top of your game to start it.

1 week later
#10164 3 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

My Premium did not come with a shaker. I had to purchase separately.

SWLE didn't even come with a shaker like the current releases do. Now LEs come with shaker, glass, and upgraded speakers.

3 months later
#10730 2 years ago

Maybe the Star Wars website was an hour early? Stern still doesn't have the page up on their site.

(edit) wrong SW thread

#10756 2 years ago

Supposedly Cointaker has R2 toppers in stock!

#10825 2 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Just joined the club today! Everything feels amazing one question about the lane diverter that directs the ball back into the shooter lane, is it supposed to be kinda wonky? Sometimes a ball will get stuck as it doesn't quite open all the way up and it shakes a lot when playing.
Looking forward to playing more!

Should not be “wonky”.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

366 posts in this topic match your search for posts by kermit24. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/2?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.