IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 301.
#14901 50 days ago

So even though I don’t have a Star Wars anymore, I felt like updating custom code to the latest 1.25 versions. I haven’t touched any of the music since I don’t have the game and I couldn’t remember much about the music. But I can certainly do that if wanted.

I took video last night to show the new attract mode scenes. Here is video of that.

I also have a new Hyper space hurry up, a few different ball saves, some new end of ball bonus scenes so everything’s not all about Yoda. There’s a new background for the Hoth mode, a Thai fighter (that was a funny translation and I’m not correcting it) hurry up and a new end scene for the asteroids video mode, maybe a few other things.

I do have the custom 1.10 code that still plays midnight madness. Pro link is available so just message me and I have to still get the premium version ready.

#14902 50 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

So even though I don’t have a Star Wars anymore, I felt like updating custom code to the latest 1.25 versions. I haven’t touched any of the music since I don’t have the game and I couldn’t remember much about the music. But I can certainly do that if wanted.
I took video last night to show the new attract mode scenes. Here is video of that.
I also have a new Hyper space hurry up, a few different ball saves, some new end of ball bonus scenes so everything’s not all about Yoda. There’s a new background for the Hoth mode, a Thai fighter (that was a funny translation and I’m not correcting it) hurry up and a new end scene for the asteroids video mode, maybe a few other things.

I do have the custom 1.10 code that still plays midnight madness. Pro link is available so just message me and I have to still get the premium version ready.

#14903 50 days ago

Currently only have the pro version of 1.10 ready for download.

Still finishing up all 1.25 versions and likely will change the music as well. Will post when I’m ready to provide the links.

#14904 50 days ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I've encountered this bug a few times now, finally managed to clip it during stream - Escape being lit on the right drain, but not being awarded when you drain.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ShinyBusyHarePMSTwin-ZtWcBGgbglVraUyo

I have not looked at your clip (so my comment maybe does not apply to that situation) but this happens a lot to me (escape lit, ball not returned). It happened enough times that I noticed the following: if I try to nudge (a good nudge...) to avoid a right drain and I am not successful (i.e. the ball goes to the right out lane), the ball will drain regardless of the lit Escape. But every time my brain can process quickly enough the fact that Escape is lit and in turn I do NOT nudge and let the ball go in the right outlane, escape is always awarded (i.e. the ball is returned to the shooter lane). So... Nudge and fail: escape does not matter, you loose the ball. Escape is lit: do not nudge, you get your ball back. That is my experience anyway. YMMV. I mostly play with Luke and R2 if that makes a difference.

#14905 49 days ago

Oh wow, yeah the Stern music is not good. I'm getting Avengers music vibes and I can definitely hear the "signature Stern" orchestra music similarities between the two games. Exporting all the music tracks now to take a listen for what to replace.

Know what else I hear? That voiceover guy for Stern who does WAY too many voices in their games. They should hire someone else to break it up. This guy does the awful C-3PO impersonation, which really only sounds like an effeminate British fella. He also does the AWFUL voice of Marilyn in the Munsters...one reason I couldn't play that game any more when I had it - his Marilyn callouts sounded like a man trying to pull off a woman's voice and it grated on my ears. He certainly has a "signature Stern sound" as well.

#14906 49 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Oh wow, yeah the Stern music is not good. I'm getting Avengers music vibes and I can definitely hear the "signature Stern" orchestra music similarities between the two games. Exporting all the music tracks now to take a listen for what to replace.
Know what else I hear? That voiceover guy for Stern who does WAY too many voices in their games. They should hire someone else to break it up. This guy does the awful C-3PO impersonation, which really only sounds like an effeminate British fella. He also does the AWFUL voice of Marilyn in the Munsters...one reason I couldn't play that game any more when I had it - his Marilyn callouts sounded like a man trying to pull off a woman's voice and it grated on my ears. He certainly has a "signature Stern sound" as well.

For sure, those custom C-3PO call outs suck. Especially the one during bounty hunter where he says “We are being followed” in a wimpy voice that sounds like he’s about to cry. I would like to see that one removed.

#14907 49 days ago

I need a few testers with a Pro model who know how to write an SD card image. I made my music changes, but I cannot test everything since I don't own Star Wars. With one mode board different, I cannot enter modes or multiballs. I changed most of the Stern music with soundtrack music and went based on the mood of the original to decide blindly to what replace.

Want to confirm audio levels are fine and must be able to record video of anything scene that needs the music changed and provide me a link or whatever so I can see what the scene is, etc.

#14908 49 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I need a few testers with a Pro model who know how to write an SD card image. I made my music changes, but I cannot test everything since I don't own Star Wars. With one mode board different, I cannot enter modes or multiballs. I changed most of the Stern music with soundtrack music and went based on the mood of the original to decide blindly to what replace.

Want to confirm audio levels are fine and must be able to record video of anything scene that needs the music changed and provide me a link or whatever so I can see what the scene is, etc.

I'd be happy to! Let me know

#14909 48 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you mean copy the code to an SD card and swap it, that is what I did with your previous code. I would love to help the man that brought back Midnight Madness on my Star Wars Pro.

#14910 42 days ago

Wife bought this puzzle for the family. Thought the Stern Pro being advertised was neat and kind of funny.

IMG_2780 (resized).jpegIMG_2780 (resized).jpegIMG_2781 (resized).jpegIMG_2781 (resized).jpeg
#14911 42 days ago

Where did she find that puzzle?

#14912 42 days ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Where did she find that puzzle?

Walmart. Said there were other ones.

#14913 42 days ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

For sure, those custom C-3PO call outs suck. Especially the one during bounty hunter where he says “We are being followed” in a wimpy voice that sounds like he’s about to cry. I would like to see that one removed.

Yeah that one's not good, but I do like 3PO's callout of the odds during the asteroid field. A nice little Star Wars / George Lucas easter egg.

#14914 41 days ago
Quoted from Johne417:

Yeah that one's not good, but I do like 3PO's callout of the odds during the asteroid field. A nice little Star Wars / George Lucas easter egg.

I'm curious why they didn't use the movie assets for that callout... or did they not use any voice callouts from the movies despite having the video assets? (I don't actually have my SW yet.)

#14915 41 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I'm curious why they didn't use the movie assets for that callout... or did they not use any voice callouts from the movies despite having the video assets? (I don't actually have my SW yet.)

There are many many voice assets from the movies.

#14916 41 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

There are many many voice assets from the movies.

Audio & Video and everything.

#14917 35 days ago

Anyone interested in a Brand New Star-Wars PRO Translight? I bought it to replace in my Premium (as I prefer the PRO translight over the PREM) ... however, never got around to installing prior to selling the machine. My life is a revolving door of pinball machines, haha.

$75 shipped if anyone interested.

#14918 35 days ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

as I prefer the PRO translight over the PREM)

Ditto. I put the Pro in my Prem, and put the Prem in a backlit frame.

#14919 35 days ago

Took me a while, but finally added PoMC 's code and I'm loving the added goodies. Thank you!!!

#14920 35 days ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Took me a while, but finally added PoMC 's code and I'm loving the added goodies. Thank you!!!

which code version is his mod?

#14921 32 days ago

Just joined the club and have been debating art blades/mirrors but can't even find anywhere to buy the art. Someone have a pair of art blades for sale? Also curious what people think are mods worth the price as I am not a crazy mod guy after invisiglass, silent fan, and art blades.

IMG_0845 (resized).jpegIMG_0845 (resized).jpeg
#14922 32 days ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Just joined the club and have been debating art blades/mirrors but can't even find anywhere to buy the art. Someone have a pair of art blades for sale? Also curious what people think are mods worth the price as I am not a crazy mod guy after invisiglass, silent fan, and art blades.
[quoted image]

Only thing I added was the Stern Millennium Falcon. Little Shop of Games.

#14923 32 days ago
Quoted from Waxx:

... Also curious what people think are mods worth the price....

Matching flipper rubber

#14924 32 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Matching flipper rubber

haha, I did that as I was curious and I like the look.

#14925 32 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I had to search the thread, connect the ethernet to the back of display on the playfield. There is an extra port. Just wiggle the cord from under the playfield and hook it up, pretty easy
Stern Insider is awesome, love getting achievements.

I was going to get a Insider Connect Relocation Kit but Pinball Life says it's not compatible. I called and they couldn't exactly explain why except, "it doesn't have everything needed." I have never installed a normal IC apron, is it just an ethernet port on the back on the mini display? It seems like the coin door kit should work.

https://www.pinballlife.com/insider-connected-coin-door-relocation-kit.html

#14926 32 days ago
Quoted from Waxx:

[quoted image]

Congratulations! Is this one of the new Star Wars built this month that might've just arrived from the factory this week, or is this a used game?

#14927 32 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Congratulations! Is this one of the new Star Wars built this month that might've just arrived from the factory this week, or is this a used game?

Used. No IC.

#14928 32 days ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I was going to get a Insider Connect Relocation Kit but Pinball Life says it's not compatible. I called and they couldn't exactly explain why except, "it doesn't have everything needed." I have never installed a normal IC apron, is it just an ethernet port on the back on the mini display? It seems like the coin door kit should work.
https://www.pinballlife.com/insider-connected-coin-door-relocation-kit.html

If memory serves, it's a new apron & reader connection.

#14929 32 days ago

I found instructions on ausretrogamer.com. It seems that the normal port near the coin door is being used (I assume for the mini display) and you need to go to the main board open connection in the back box. I am still not sure why Pinball Life doesn't think the coin door kit won't work but I can't think of any reason it won't.

https://ausretrogamer.com/step-by-step-guide-how-to-install-stern-pinballs-insider-connected-upgrade-kit/

Stern-Pinball-Insider-Connected-Install-06 (resized).pngStern-Pinball-Insider-Connected-Install-06 (resized).png
#14930 32 days ago
Quoted from Waxx:

[quoted image]

I have these available. If you're interested, send me a DM!

PXL_20240313_195438001 (resized).jpgPXL_20240313_195438001 (resized).jpg
#14931 27 days ago
Quoted from BustaBucket1977:

I have these available. If you're interested, send me a DM!
[quoted image]

If you and Waxx are willing I'd be interested in the set they don't want.

#14932 27 days ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

If you and Waxx are willing I'd be interested in the set they don't want.

I would PM BustaBucket1977 who was incredibly helpful and responsive.

#14933 24 days ago

Ive got a new translite with some classic art. Pm if interested.

SW pst 1 (resized).jpgSW pst 1 (resized).jpg
#14934 24 days ago

Random request, I just went through the entire gallery of this thread and can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. Can someone with an unmodified/stock backbox please take a picture with the translite removed? Thanks in advance!

#14935 23 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Random request, I just went through the entire gallery of this thread and can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. Can someone with an unmodified/stock backbox please take a picture with the translite removed? Thanks in advance!

Here are mine from when I did a head swap.

20230222_083455 (resized).jpg20230222_083455 (resized).jpg20230222_083621 (resized).jpg20230222_083621 (resized).jpg20230222_083749 (resized).jpg20230222_083749 (resized).jpg20230222_083927 (resized).jpg20230222_083927 (resized).jpg20230222_083933 (resized).jpg20230222_083933 (resized).jpg20230222_083939 (resized).jpg20230222_083939 (resized).jpg20230222_083944 (resized).jpg20230222_083944 (resized).jpg20230222_084126 (resized).jpg20230222_084126 (resized).jpg20230222_084134 (resized).jpg20230222_084134 (resized).jpg20230222_084535 (resized).jpg20230222_084535 (resized).jpg20230222_084538 (resized).jpg20230222_084538 (resized).jpg20230222_084649 (resized).jpg20230222_084649 (resized).jpg20230222_084653 (resized).jpg20230222_084653 (resized).jpg20230222_085316 (resized).jpg20230222_085316 (resized).jpg20230222_090038 (resized).jpg20230222_090038 (resized).jpg20230222_090101 (resized).jpg20230222_090101 (resized).jpg
#14936 23 days ago

Such a very neat empty back box…. Where’s the beef!!!! lol @ cost of stern .

Star Wars is my favorite Spike game but alas it is a Spike!!! I pray for a jjp version Star Wars game . Maybe one day

#14937 23 days ago

I have a new translite with some classic art. PM if interested.

sw pst (resized).jpgsw pst (resized).jpg
#14938 23 days ago

Thinking about getting a new build pro. Any feedback? Not a highly rated pin but enjoy it and theme on location. Just got rid of my SW modded virtual pin to make room.

#14939 23 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Thinking about getting a new build pro. Any feedback?

One of the best machine's made in the last 10 years

#14940 23 days ago

Thinking about getting a new build pro. Any feedback? Not a highly rated pin but enjoy it and theme on location. Just got rid of my SW modded virtual pin to make room.

Look for a used premium instead would be my advice, pro is great but for similar money a used premium would be a better move imho

#14941 22 days ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Look for a used premium instead would be my advice, pro is great but for similar money a used premium would be a better move imho

I prefer the pro!

#14942 22 days ago

Get it if you like playing it. Your opinion counts more than than anyone else's on a game you are buying.

#14943 22 days ago

I prefer the Pro as well and it is a great game for a home collection as it has a lot to chase.

#14944 22 days ago

Another vote for Pro>Premium even if cost were the same. Pro is faster, less clunky and I’ve owned both multiple times. Ez gg

#14945 22 days ago

You’re all crazy hyperspace loop is the best toy in pinball

If you’re playing a clunky SW premium either the machine isn’t setup correctly or the hyperspace ramp isn’t dialed in right.

#14946 22 days ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

You’re all crazy hyperspace loop is the best toy in pinball
If you’re playing a clunky SW premium either the machine isn’t setup correctly or the hyperspace ramp isn’t dialed in right.

I’m hyper-excited to get my NIB Premium; should be delivered next Friday! I know some don’t like the loop but I can’t imagine not having it.

#14947 22 days ago

Premium all the way with SW. Without the loop and exploding deathstar the game feels so empty to me.

#14948 22 days ago

Not sure if it's the same across the pond but you lose 20% value opening a n.i.b. here in the UK so a 2nd hand premium is probably still cheaper than a new pro. I sold my pro, missed it and grabbed a premium and for me prem > pro but pro is still awesome.

#14949 22 days ago

They hyperloop blocks part of the playfield (the main part you look at), it makes the Death Star shot less consistent and dialing it in if you have to is a huge pain. The pro is what I love long time.

#14950 22 days ago

Love folks standing up for there version of the game pro premium.both super fun and I upgraded to premium from pro and love the hyper ramp but the pro was great also.play and decide.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Redmond, WA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/299 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.