20240202_112319 (resized).jpg
20240202_111955 (resized).jpg
20240202_111938 (resized).jpg
ramp_1 (resized).JPG
IMG_0767 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
3CC2AE6B-EAED-42ED-9EB0-059BBC88431A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,909 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 299.
#14601 3 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I didn't. I paid significant money for that apron including the various stickers. Luckily I can maybe recuperate some of that money and someone might benefit from access to original stickers. If you have it and want to send it for free, I'm happy for the person getting it.

Yes so did I. However the unused stickers are in fact extra and “free”. The high cost of the kit is for the apron itself and the IC electronics.

I get your point. I just prefer to help out a fellow pinhead instead of trying to get them to somewhat pay for the kit that I chose to buy. All good. Not trying to start an argument.

#14602 3 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I didn't. I paid significant money for that apron including the various stickers. Luckily I can maybe recuperate some of that money and someone might benefit from access to original stickers. If you have it and want to send it for free, I'm happy for the person getting it.

#14603 3 months ago

New glass cover I made for a Star Wars owner. Two styles available. Cheers.

0060E11C-E252-4DB3-8085-EED27EDA83B6 (resized).jpeg0060E11C-E252-4DB3-8085-EED27EDA83B6 (resized).jpeg
#14604 3 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay69:

New glass cover I made for a Star Wars owner. Two styles available. Cheers.
[quoted image]

Ooh Star Wars yoga mats!

1 week later
#14606 89 days ago

Man, I went and played Steve's latest, Elton John, today. I really was hoping for another Ritchie masterpiece of flow, but I was a little disappointed. It's a beautiful game for sure, great art, light-show, and music. But I really wasn't feeling the playfield design. It's OK, not bad, but just not mind-blowing. It's complex and crowded up top; the shots are easy to make, but convoluted and confusing and often the ball is hidden. More than anything it made me appreciate my star wars. I know some folks think not enough is going on in Star Wars; that it's too plain; but the feeling when you hit a double or triple combo on star wars in just so satisfying. The playfield is open and so fast; to be good, one has to really anticipate the ball because it's just moving so fast. Different strokes for different folks, of course, but Star Wars is the pinnacle, IMHO, of a certain style of pinball. I secretly refer to it as my "force trainer." I think, with time, it will be regarded as among Steve's greatest and certainly the best of his late career.

#14607 89 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Man, I went and played Steve's latest, Elton John, today. I really was hoping for another Ritchie masterpiece of flow, but I was a little disappointed. It's a beautiful game for sure, great art, light-show, and music. But I really wasn't feeling the playfield design. It's OK, not bad, but just not mind-blowing. It's complex and crowded up top; the shots are easy to make, but convoluted and confusing and often the ball is hidden. More than anything it made me appreciate my star wars. I know some folks think not enough is going on in Star Wars; that it's too plain; but the feeling when you hit a double or triple combo on star wars in just so satisfying. The playfield is open and so fast; to be good, one has to really anticipate the ball because it's just moving so fast. Different strokes for different folks, of course, but Star Wars is the pinnacle, IMHO, of a certain style of pinball. I secretly refer to it as my "force trainer." I think, with time, it will be regarded as among Steve's greatest and certainly the best of his late career.

You hit the nail on the head.

#14608 89 days ago

Brother played it yesterday and said it was super fun and the best playing JJP ever....slings actually have action and reacted like a real life pinball machine. Haven't had the pleasure myself.

SW will certainly be remembered as one of Dwight's top jobs.

#14609 89 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Man, I went and played Steve's latest, Elton John, today. I really was hoping for another Ritchie masterpiece of flow, but I was a little disappointed. It's a beautiful game for sure, great art, light-show, and music. But I really wasn't feeling the playfield design. It's OK, not bad, but just not mind-blowing. It's complex and crowded up top; the shots are easy to make, but convoluted and confusing and often the ball is hidden.

This was what I thought when I saw it online: It looks and sounds divine, but really, really… busy. Like a Star Trek Premium stepped on a land mine full of LEDs and glitter and had to get emergency reconstructive surgery, and it was Drag Queen night at the hospital… all set to an admittedly glamorous soundtrack, of course. (I’m an EJ fan.)

I still plan to play it, and I really, really hope I like it. Especially because I just sold my Star Trek.

#14610 85 days ago

Finally got code updated to the latest with custom music. Noticed when force gate saves ball it is no longer auto launching.

Is this new logic that was changed since 1.10? Could have sworn it previously auto launched.

On another note, anyone else wish Stern would have put the Cantina Band song in even if just in one of the attract mode scenes or Jukebox mode?

Love that song and clip with the Band like on the DESW.

Come on Stern(Dwight),revisit and add pretty please!

#14611 85 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally got code updated to the latest with custom music. Noticed when force gate saves ball it is no longer auto launching.
Is this new logic that was changed since 1.10? Could have sworn it previously auto launched.
On another note, anyone else wish Stern would have put the Cantina Band song in even if just in one of the attract mode scenes or Jukebox mode?

What do you mean "custom" music? How and where do you get that?

#14612 85 days ago
Quoted from falcon950:

What do you mean "custom" music? How and where do you get that?

One of the custom mixes people have shared on pinside. Has all the John Williams tracks from movies that correspond to the modes.

#14613 85 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I forget the details...but yes.

Edit...I think you get another shot at the skill shot?

#14614 85 days ago

I am still hoping one day the extra ball in the shooter lane during start of Tie Fighter multi ball is addressed...Xaqery

#14615 85 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I am still hoping one day the extra ball in the shooter lane during start of Tie Fighter multi ball is addressed...Xaqery

This and some Cantina Band music and clips @Xaqery, what a Xmas gift this would be!

#14616 85 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

One of the custom mixes people have shared on pinside. Has all the John Williams tracks from movies that correspond to the modes.

can you provide a link?

#14617 85 days ago
Quoted from falcon950:

can you provide a link?

+1

#14618 85 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I put the cantina band music in my custom v1.10 code during jabbas palace midnight madness multiball. also the full John Williams package is amazing. Battle Above Endor is so intense with that OST music!!

1:05-1:55 in the video.

#14619 85 days ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

I put the cantina band music in my custom v1.10 code during jabbas palace midnight multiball.

So awesome! Great job with both the music and all the scene selections.

#14620 85 days ago

I too have a copy of 1.10 that was modified by another Pinsider. However, I just had a fun discovery. With the recent v1.25 code release (and with previous releases), the node boards get updated. I currently run my machine on the v1.25 code. However, I have a separate SD card with the modified v1.10 code on it. In my quest to play midnight madness multi ball tonight, I found I can no longer put the v1.10 SD card in and play it. On power up the IC camera and the screen on the playfield just flash constantly and the other node boards seem to reboot. I eventually get a node board not found error for node boards 1, 8, 9, 10, 11. Going back to v1.25 and there's no issues. So there's a backwards incompatibility with the newest node board version and the older codes. I'm going to try a few things like disconnecting the IC camera and trying an intermediate SD card with v1.21 (I also have v1.24 and I think v1.23).

EDIT: Yes, there is a way you can go back to v1.10 even if you are running the latest v1.25 code. However, I'm not sure I recommend it as each time you do this is at least 3 node board updates. EEPROM chips have a finite number of erase/write cycles (in the tens or hundreds of thousands) before they die. Also, the machine stats in the Insider Connected setup menu get reset as if you did a software update. Even though all you did was swap SD cards things like recent number of games played are zeroed, but total power on time and total power ups is retained. This is different than the standard audits which are not affected.

#14621 85 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Quoted from crujones4life:

I forget the details...but yes.
Edit...I think you get another shot at the skill shot?

Yes. In the newest code (I forget what version but sometime in 2023), a save by the gate on the premium (not on the pro) gives you another skill shot. (Which can be worth a few hundred million of bonus when it gives like +10 bonus x.)

#14622 85 days ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

I put the cantina band music in my custom v1.10 code during jabbas palace midnight madness multiball. also the full John Williams package is amazing. Battle Above Endor is so intense with that OST music!!

That’s pretty sweet. I just updated from 1.10 to the latest as there were so many changes I felt it was time.

Hoping Cantina gets added if we pester Stern enough!

#14623 84 days ago

Hit 1.7 billion on my pro last night. Love this game!

#14624 84 days ago

Went to play a "quickie" just before supper. I had 10 mins - played as R2 which is my usual character. Sooo.. 35 mins later the game ended with 7.4B (fought the emperor and lost on the last shot). Not even a high score. Nothing. I was hoping at least getting on ONE of the HS lists. siiiiigh.

Yes it's my fault since all the HS are mine but I don't play it often and kind of forgot lol.

#14625 84 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Went to play a "quickie" just before supper. I had 10 mins - played as R2 which is my usual character. Sooo.. 35 mins later the game ended with 7.4B (fought the emperor and lost on the last shot). Not even a high score. Nothing. I was hoping at least getting on ONE of the HS lists. siiiiigh.
Yes it's my fault since all the HS are mine but I don't play it often and kind of forgot lol.

fucking shit man, you are a monster!

#14626 84 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

fucking shit man, you are a monster!

Nahhh.. I've been playing a much harder game (tight shots) for 2 weeks now and it makes a difference when I get back on "regular" games. Labyrinth is beautiful but OMG it's hard. Stepping over to SW with such an open pf is so refreshing but also easier. I was surprised myself.

#14628 83 days ago

What’s a 2017 Premium Star Wars worth today. Looks good, but has been in a pizza parlor since the purchased date. No upgrades, a couple bumps and bruises.

#14629 83 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Hit 1.7 billion on my pro last night. Love this game!

Hey Belt...can we be friends again...lol? I keep trying to like your posts and then I realize you have me blocked. Can someone tell him I have toned down the BTTF posts in The Next Stern Thread since we know the game is coming from Dutch? Either way...solid score brother. My best is just over 6 billion.

#14630 83 days ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

What’s a 2017 Premium Star Wars worth today. Looks good, but has been in a pizza parlor since the purchased date. No upgrades, a couple bumps and bruises.

Imma say a pre insider connect SW Premium that has been routed all its life with decal damage is prolly worth $7500 to $7800.

#14631 83 days ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

i would say less than 7k, i just bought a mint one with less than 300 plays and extras for 7500. and insider connected

#14632 83 days ago
Quoted from superford:

i would say less than 7k, i just bought a mint one with less than 300 plays and extras for 7500. and insider connected

Helluva deal!

#14633 83 days ago

I'd also say less than 7k for a routed and scuffed machine, also less if the older build lacks Insider. The market is way down everywhere, even most HUO premiums are in the 7500 range now except for the biggies like Godzilla and Elvira.

#14634 83 days ago

We don't see prices like that round here...lol.

#14635 83 days ago
Quoted from superford:

I think you got a deal. A nice low play HUO prem w/ insider is probably around 8-8500.

A 6 year old routed prem w/o insider in fair condition is probably around 7200-7500 depending on number of plays and how it cleans up with a shop job.

It’s all helped right now that there isn’t yet a confirmed run for 2024. There are only 4 for sale on Pinside right now. If you ask distros, SW always sells well.

#14636 82 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I think you got a deal. A nice low play HUO prem w/ insider is probably around 8-8500.
A 6 year old routed prem w/o insider in fair condition is probably around 7200-7500 depending on number of plays and how it cleans up with a shop job.
It’s all helped right now that there isn’t yet a confirmed run for 2024. There are only 4 for sale on Pinside right now. If you ask distros, SW always sells well.

Thanks for the numbers people. Looks like I'll be picking up the machine tonight.

#14637 82 days ago

Has anyone upgraded their limited or Premium Star Wars with the STAR WARS PREMIUM/LE REPLACEMENT ARCH? How did it look? I own the limited with everything that makes it special and wondering how the pin would look adding the replacement arch with the qr reader? Anyone regret it?

#14638 82 days ago
Quoted from Devinsupertramp:

Has anyone upgraded their limited or Premium Star Wars with the STAR WARS PREMIUM/LE REPLACEMENT ARCH? How did it look? I own the limited with everything that makes it special and wondering how the pin would look adding the replacement arch with the qr reader? Anyone regret it?

The newer ones come with it. It’s a bit plain looking, but works well if you like having IC on the apron.

#14639 82 days ago

I rigged up an insider connect kit to my Star Wars LE just to register it and add myself to the home team. Used a long cat cable from the reader on Godzilla i have next to it. Obvs had to Add a WiFi dongle.

Now I can just log in with the home team option to insider without the reader and the apron. It’s a bit ghetto but works well for me
As Im the only player. But you can still add others at the time of having it rigged up to the next machine.

#14641 81 days ago

Fantastic, thank you both for the suggestions, looks like this is the best option and saves me money in the long haul too.

#14642 81 days ago

Made the purchase. I’m now in the club. This game is brutal. I need to study the rule sheet.

0908CDE5-3033-4850-9BE5-F3E38F03BD48 (resized).jpeg0908CDE5-3033-4850-9BE5-F3E38F03BD48 (resized).jpeg
#14643 81 days ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Made the purchase. I’m now in the club. This game is brutal. I need to study the rule sheet.
[quoted image]

I put a left lane 3d print lane saver to make it less brutal

#14644 81 days ago
Quoted from Medic:

hmmm... dont fall into the dark side (lol of course, i understand some may be tempted to make the game "easier", because yes, its really brutal at outlanes)

#14645 81 days ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

[quoted image]

rules are easy, when you first chose to simply advance in the game (and than forget the multiplicators...and the big points)
once you are comfortable with that, just add the multi-factor in it, that's where SW will deliver all his power

#14646 81 days ago
Quoted from Medic:

I did the same just to cut down on the auto plunges going straight into the the outlane and draining during multiball. It seemed more like a design flaw than anything so I was okay with changing that.

#14647 81 days ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

[quoted image]

Welcome! Wise choice!

#14648 80 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Welcome! Wise choice!

What’s up Jake? GZ didn’t last long in your collection. I got a pretty good deal on SW and I couldn’t pass it up. I didn’t care for the game originally, but I was missing out. This is a great pin to have in a home collection where you can put a lot of time into it. Happy Holidays and stop by the shop sometime.

#14649 80 days ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

What’s up Jake? GZ didn’t last long in your collection. I got a pretty good deal on SW and I couldn’t pass it up. I didn’t care for the game originally, but I was missing out. This is a great pin to have in a home collection where you can put a lot of time into it. Happy Holidays and stop by the shop sometime.

will do! Yeah, I like godzilla but after six months I had an opportunity to trade for a star wars premium (and even got $500 on top, an operator was desperate for Godzilla). Couldn't pass that up and honestly Star Wars is my dream theme and a more exciting, more challenging game. Happy Holidays to you too, John, may the force be with you!

#14650 79 days ago

Hello,

I have an issue with one of the target close to the left loop of my SW

As you can see on the picture, is going a little bit on the left.
I have tried to put it back in it normal position but after few games it moves again.
I also tried as suggested in the topic to tighten strongly the screws holding the target, but here also, it comes back in this position after few games.

I do not have the feeling that it is blocking the left loop but it is a bit annoying...

Does anyone has found a permanent fix for this?

Thanks and Regards,

Antoine

PXL_20231211_194019653 (resized).jpgPXL_20231211_194019653 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 14,909 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 299.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/293 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.