SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 302.
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't lean on the game. #1 thing I learned when I started playing insane amounts of pinball.

Quoted from SilverballNut:

Exactly. Kills my wrists when I do it by mistake for too long.

LOL, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! chuckwurt Yes, every time I step up to the machine I lean into it. SilverballNut Yes, my wrists burn after extended play.

Never in my life did I think I'd play pinball so much that it hurt. Love it!

#1352 6 years ago

My GC so far.

IMG_2301 (resized).JPGIMG_2301 (resized).JPG

#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't lean on the game. #1 thing I learned when I started playing insane amounts of pinball.

I used to absolutely hate playing pinball when sitting down, but now it is my preferred way to play at home. Maybe I'm just getting older and lazier, but it's just more comfortable and relaxing this way for me now.

Rob

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I used to absolutely hate playing pinball when sitting down, but now it is my preferred way to play at home.

You get used to it as weird as it is. Working at an Arcade for years I'd do it just to get some rest on the legs.

#1355 6 years ago

Yesterday i was excited to finally get my hands on a Star Wars LE to finally play it and make my own opinion.

After only 10 games the moving fork that feeds the death star stopped working. After some diagnosing it was found that the driver board for the fork mechanism was dead. Lucky Aerosmith uses the same board so we were able to steal that one to get Star Wars working again.

See the attached pic for the reason as to why it was no longer working.
Good work on the QC Stern.

20170923_160512 (resized).jpg20170923_160512 (resized).jpg

#1356 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

After only 10 games the moving fork that feeds the death star stopped working. After some diagnosing it was found that the driver board for the fork mechanism was dead. Lucky Aerosmith uses the same board so we were able to steal that one to get Star Wars working again.

Glad you were able to work around the issue. Hard for me to tell from the picture; did the IC heat up and fail or is there a missing component or poor solder?

#1357 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Yesterday i was excited to finally get my hands on a Star Wars LE to finally play it and make my own opinion.

Jeez is that corrosion all around the chip?

#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

You sure that board didnt come out of a Ghostbusters? Looks like it got slimed.

#1359 6 years ago

I have started my own thread on an issue I had on a location SW Pro . I love this pinball . No one in the 10 responses has had this issue . Good except that I ran into it and I am (Secretly) hoping that one of you have had this issue and can reassure me that is not a (geometrically) flaw in the design of this SW pinball and it is fixable. It was very Bad issue on this machine and it seemed level in all regards. Sorry if I sound like a Drama queen . Here is a quote from my post. Afraid to buy this pinball.
I played STERN SW Pro on location for 6 hours. I may buy a LE or a Pro not sure yet and I (won't) buy it if this issue I am asking you about is on many SW machines. Here it goes . There is are (two control gates) at top of playfield one is left of the top lanes one is right of the top lanes under right ramp. They serve as many have done on many pinball games. Stopping the pinball from going Left to Right. Or stopping pinball Right to Left to feed the top rollover lanes and Pops. The Control gate's (other) function is to in some situations (Open) the gate to allow the pinball to travel through the two gate's buy lifting the gate flap (up) for shots to bypass the lanes and Pops and travel all the way around the back of the playfield in a large loop either going from the Left orbit to the right orbit. Or the Right Orbit to the left orbit pass the spinner. Just like TOM Spell Theatre on left orbit or Advance clock via right orbit. The issue I had with the STERN STAR WARS when I shot the (Right) Orbit and the control gate was activated allowing the pinball to travel around the back of playfield looping Right to left and descending screaming down the (left) orbit pass the spinner . 90-95% of the time the shot went SDTM . The machine was level at 6.5 and the bubble was center . It may not be level left to right but it looked ok. Even if it was off some this Right Orbit to Left Orbit shot I do not feel should be so off causing 90-95% of the pinball's to travel SDTM. It could be a leveling issue but it was BAD. I need input from the Pinside community who have played SW PRO/LE if is issue is wide spread. I read a lot of forum post for a month and did not read about this issue. I dig this pinball machine a lot . But not if this (Right) orbit to (Left) orbit shot is going to go SDTM 90% of the time. What has p-layers/owners experience been like to this issue I am having ? Gut say's Left to Right was off but it did not seen to be . Not my machine and no level for testing. I ready to pull the trigger . But not till I here communities feed back. Rob

STERN STARWARS PRO Rifgt Orbit (resized).jpgSTERN STARWARS PRO Rifgt Orbit (resized).jpg

#1360 6 years ago

I hit the right orbit maybe once or twice a game so can't really say. I will say this definitely should be something you can remedy with adjustments to the game. LW3 has the same issue. Adjust the leveling of the game a bit, and it's fixed.

Something like that wouldn't worry me, but everyone is different.

#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hit the right orbit maybe once or twice a game so can't really say. I will say this definitely should be something you can remedy with adjustments to the game. LW3 has the same issue. Adjust the leveling of the game a bit, and it's fixed.

Thanks you probably correct. I have had similar issue on my LOTR LE pinball coming from the (Right) orbit feeding SDTM I fixed with messing with casters . But it still will do it SDTM from time to time. Just hoping a SW player or owner has run into this issue and can confirm it was resolved. As these SW model is expensive at the moment for me & $ 8,700. Thank you.

#1362 6 years ago

I hit that shot often enough to say it's not an issue on my premium. It could be the guide or a rubber is slightly out of whack and giving the ball more of a tendency to go away from the ball guide and then down the middle.

Adjustment can be as easy as leveling or even bending the guide slightly if needed.

I doubt seriously if it's a design flaw since stern knows how to build a flowing pinball. Especially with Steve designing it.

#1363 6 years ago

I have to say that if Dwight doesn't put something in the code that allows you to shut Yoda the f**k up at the end of each ball by hitting both flippers, that could be enough to make me sell my game. It's starting to piss me off. The cancel only cancels the bonus information...but the little f**ker keeps talking.

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have to say that if Dwight doesn't put something in the code that allows you to shut Yoda the f**k up at the end of each ball by hitting both flippers, that could be enough to make me sell my game. It's starting to piss me off. The cancel only cancels the bonus information...but the little f**ker keeps talking.

Good...good...let the hate flow through you!

#1365 6 years ago

Got my LE on Tuesday... played about 100 games already because its a drain monster! If it's not bounce from the 3bank target it's from the right kick out or the centre shot or the ball bounces over the flippers or the Outlane guides!

#1366 6 years ago

The game is level and the pitch... the bubble is in the middle so what 6.5 degrees?
What have others done to dial in the game?

Thanks

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I like Yoda . But I see your point . I sold my SM due to the voice of the Daily Bugle actors voice and his call out and repetitive main sound track. Only machine I have ever sold do to Music and That damn voice . But I did it.

#1368 6 years ago

Very fresh Star Wars Premium in the house!!!

70413A72-61C4-4C10-B3D9-78EB632F31BD (resized).jpeg70413A72-61C4-4C10-B3D9-78EB632F31BD (resized).jpeg

1D002CD1-FC0C-4329-A1A3-C7E446C7D95E (resized).jpeg1D002CD1-FC0C-4329-A1A3-C7E446C7D95E (resized).jpeg

#1369 6 years ago

Added these to the playfield... thoughts?

IMG_9399 (resized).JPGIMG_9399 (resized).JPG

IMG_9400 (resized).JPGIMG_9400 (resized).JPG

IMG_9401 (resized).JPGIMG_9401 (resized).JPG

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think I can Pinball Browser this and just edit those clips to not have sound...

#1371 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

First, it is annoying and you need to learn control because the force surrounds us, binds us!!

But seriously, it appears with the last update the ball save clips are starting to change depending on your chosen character. I would hope this will also happen with drains or at least randomize with more updates.

Patience young padaboob!

#1372 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

Glad you were able to work around the issue. Hard for me to tell from the picture; did the IC heat up and fail or is there a missing component or poor solder?

The green on the chip is corrosion.

Quoted from Manic:

Jeez is that corrosion all around the chip?

Yeah it is. Hard to believe a new machine can have so much on one board.

Quoted from docquest:

You sure that board didnt come out of a Ghostbusters? Looks like it got slimed.

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd start getting your affairs in order. I doubt it changes.

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I played the same and only local SW location Pro again tonight for a few hours . A little better but not much .

Quoted from RobKnapp:

The issue I had with the STERN STAR WARS when I shot the (Right) Orbit and the control gate was activated allowing the pinball to travel around the back of playfield looping Right to left and descending screaming down the (left) orbit pass the spinner . 90-95% of the time the shot went SDTM .

I did notice on a slower shot by chance. I saw the pinball make (contact) from the metal loop that ends under the spinner. STERN put a leaf switch right below the spinner. There are two small posts that have a rubber around the leaf switch. This rubber is not flush with the metal loop of orbit . The rubber protrudes a few millimeters past the Metal Orbit loop frame. I think this is causing the pinball to bounce oddly enough to cause these SDTM issues. I took a photo It is hard to see but the rubber is protruding (Left Orbit exit) just out to cause an issue I believe .

STERN STARWARS PRO Left  Orbit Exit rubber (resized).jpgSTERN STARWARS PRO Left Orbit Exit rubber (resized).jpg

#1375 6 years ago

Same here, it settles down around game 113...

Adjust the kick out power down, that helps a lot

I added the pro post thats below the f drop, world of difference on cheap launch drains

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Got my LE on Tuesday... played about 100 games already because its a drain monster! If it's not bounce from the 3bank target it's from the right kick out or the centre shot or the ball bounces over the flippers or the Outlane guides!

#1376 6 years ago

Any new Premiums with playfield issues yet?

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Same here, it settles down around game 113...
Adjust the kick out power down, that helps a lot
I added the pro post thats below the f drop, world of difference on cheap launch drains

Did you have to buy a new Post to add below the (F) Drop ? I do not own the SW machine yet . Would you take a Photo and post so I and others see exactly what you did by adding the post. Thank You .

#1378 6 years ago

Sure, no worries.

I took a post from my own spare part box, so you'll have to arrange your own.

My guess is that it probably was forgotten in the art/cad playfield drilling files for the prem/LE if its installed on the pro.
It makes those ridiculous auto launch drains a thing of the past.

IMG_6722 (resized).JPGIMG_6722 (resized).JPG

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Sure, no worries.
My guess is that it probably was forgotten in the art/cad playfield drilling files for the prem/LE if its installed on the pro.

Wish there was a hole already drilled on the premium playfield.

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Sure, no worries.

I think you guessed correctly what the post is for. It's to avoid auto launched balls bouncing off the 3 bank and then straight down the left outlane. It will certainly be interesting to see if future premium playfields have the post or not.

Rob

#1381 6 years ago

The mystery animation wears on me. I'd like to be able to cancel that.

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's like that on any game. In fact worse on most. The same dmd animation. They are all pretty much repetitive. What do you suggest as an alternative?

#1383 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

What do you suggest as an alternative?

He said he'd like to skip it.

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think you guessed correctly what the post is for. It's to avoid auto launched balls bouncing off the 3 bank and then straight down the left outlane. It will certainly be interesting to see if future premium playfields have the post or not.
Rob

I got an extra post in my goodie bag, but no hole drilled for it (obviously).

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I got an extra post in my goodie bag, but no hole drilled for it (obviously).

First step to the IKEA-isation of Stern. Starts with sand paper, then one post.....next thing you know....

IMG_9198 (resized).JPGIMG_9198 (resized).JPG

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

First step to the IKEA-isation of Stern. Starts with sand paper, then one post.....next thing you know....

That’s a really funny picture!

#1387 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thanks Deaconblooze' mom. He said cancel. And I did get what he meant but kind of defeats the whole purpose of the mystery scoop if you skip what award you get, not to mention bypassing the use of the screen. Repetition is a necessary evil to me sometimes in pinball but yeah I guess if somebody just wants to get through a game quickly the option could be put in to cancel out.

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I use that time to make sure my shot multiplier is where I want it. Don't even notice how long the animation takes now.

#1389 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Thanks Deaconblooze' mom.

No problem tough tits.

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I use that time to make sure my shot multiplier is where I want it. Don't even notice how long the animation takes now.

Pretty sure if you move the multiplier to the mystery shot before the mystery is awarded you will get the multiplied value should your awards include points.

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Actually if you look at the manuals from the Stern site (page 36 - rubber parts) you will see that the manuals also list the extra post on the pro but not the prem/le. I think it was done on purpose though I'm not sure why...

swposts (resized).jpgswposts (resized).jpg

#1392 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Actually if you look at the manuals from the Stern site (page 36 - rubber parts) you will see that the manuals also list the extra post on the pro but not the prem/le. I think it was done on purpose though I'm not sure why...

They could have just updated the manual after the reality.

I may have to actually add the post. My wife got so pissed playing last night when she shot the ball into the outlane and then the auto launcher did the same. It just kills the competitiveness of the game. Game is hard enough without the autolaunch sending balls straight down the side.

#1393 6 years ago

Well I am all for the post as well and will be checking that when my premium eventually shows up. I'll be adding it for sure if it doesn't have it installed.

#1394 6 years ago

i wonder what is going on at the stern factory...i'm thinking they put SW premium production on hold or something. i preordered my premium 6/6. oh well.

Quoted from mittens:

you will see that the manuals also list the extra post on the pro but not the prem/le.

and now we have to drill a hole through the NIB playfield for a post that should be there maybe? hahahahahaha

#1395 6 years ago

Maybe something is up with the premiums (either related or unrelated to this). If indeed that post *should* have been installed on all playfields, that certainly sucks for the LE guys as they've all been manufactured. I agree that after spending 7000+ on a pin, it doesn't seem right to have to drill in a post

#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

They could have just updated the manual after the reality.
I may have to actually add the post. My wife got so pissed playing last night when she shot the ball into the outlane and then the auto launcher did the same. It just kills the competitiveness of the game. Game is hard enough without the autolaunch sending balls straight down the side.

Rolling Stones 2.0

#1397 6 years ago

Alright I am in the club!! Game arrived and most all is good..but of course not perfect LOL.

First issue the green service button doesn't work..hopefully its just the buttons and not the wiring. I do have a GhostBusters..same connection but different buttons not sure if I can swap to test.

Other issue is Death Star rejects clean hard shots from the right flipper, but i can backhand it no problem. Haven't leveled or adjusted yet but I assume a slight adjustment of the death star itself is in order per earlier. posts.

Only played it a couple times back to work for now.

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Alright I am in the club!! Game arrived and most all is good..but of course not perfect LOL.
First issue the green service button doesn't work..hopefully its just the buttons and not the wiring. I do have a GhostBusters..same connection but different buttons not sure if I can swap to test.
Other issue is Death Star rejects clean hard shots from the right flipper, but i can backhand it no problem. Haven't leveled or adjusted yet but I assume a slight adjustment of the death star itself is in order per earlier. posts.
Only played it a couple times back to work for now.

Did you have a post in the goodie bag as well?

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Did you have a post in the goodie bag as well?

Haven’t looked yet I will but I def don’t have it on the play field ... games was built late August .

#1400 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Good idea, thanks!

Quoted from TheLaw:

And thanks, mom!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/28?hl=rhaegal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.