IMG_9659 (resized).JPG
IMG_9657 (resized).JPG
IMG_0839 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0836 (resized).jpeg
0633E303-DBFF-4422-A598-AA2F7AB7BCB5 (resized).jpeg
20240202_112319 (resized).jpg
20240202_111955 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 299.
#14251 10 months ago
Quoted from aflamesfan:

I picked up an used SW Prem the other day. The art blade install wasn't done well. What is the easiest way to remove them? With heat or with the freeze spray method?
Also, the left outlane post was replaced with a much larger post. I tried looking at the manual to find the original part so I could order it, but it doesn't specify it. Does anybody know what specific post that is so I could order it?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Lots of people (including me) replace that post with a bigger one due to all the three bank - to - left outlane drains. I suggest leaving it on.

#14252 10 months ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Lots of people (including me) replace that post with a bigger one due to all the three bank - to - left outlane drains. I suggest leaving it on.

I felt that way originally, but now I just nudge.

#14253 10 months ago

I'm confused about the bonus on/off thing?
The little rule sheet said if bonuses are off you can select or change with the flipper buttons? I don't understand what that means and mine doesn't do anything if you hit the flippers while bonuses are off.

Secondly why would you want to turn the bonuses off? is it just because they wear out if they are on? (that is save them for a multi-ball or something?)

I don't ever last very long to drain out the bonus time lol..

but seriously am I missing something? I don't see why youd turn the bonuses off or what is supposed to happen if they are off and you hit the flipper as it mentions on the rule card?

#14254 10 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

The little rule sheet said if bonuses are off you can select or change with the flipper buttons? I don't understand what that means and mine doesn't do anything if you hit the flippers while bonuses are off.
Secondly why would you want to turn the bonuses off? is it just because they wear out if they are on? (that is save them for a multi-ball or something?)
but seriously am I missing something? I don't see why youd turn the bonuses off or what is supposed to happen if they are off and you hit the flipper as it mentions on the rule card?

The only reason to turn it off is so you can move it around to other targets with the right flipper. Then turn it right back on where you want it.

* edit * I still suck at doing this.

#14255 10 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

I think you are confusing things a bit. It has nothing to do with bonuses. It’s a shot multiplier. Those big X arrows on the pf. They can be green or red. Red is off and will move with the flipper buttons. Then you press the lockbar button to “lock” them in that shot and they turn green. It starts with 2X and 3 lanes lit. As the multiplier goes up, less lanes are lit until it’s only 1 lane lit. So let’s say You have a final shot to collect a jackpot, you would want to move the shot multiplier on that lane. Or move it to the Hoth shot when video mode is lit. This will multiply your video mode score by whatever the multiplier is at.

Max is 20X unless you get it doubled, either through a mystery award or hitting the FORCE targets.

I use the audio cue to remind me to reset the multiplier counter so as to not lose it. When you hear that repeating horn it’s time to hit those 3 stand ups. Every time you hit those targets the multiplier goes up by 1 (or 2 when doubled).

#14256 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I think you are confusing things a bit. It has nothing to do with bonuses. It’s a shot multiplier. Those big X arrows on the pf. They can be green or red. Red is off and will move with the flipper buttons. Then you press the lockbar button to “lock” them in that shot and they turn green. It starts with 2X and 3 lanes lit. As the multiplier goes up, less lanes are lit until it’s only 1 lane lit. So let’s say You have a final shot to collect a jackpot, you would want to move the shot multiplier on that lane. Or move it to the Hoth shot when video mode is lit. This will multiply your video mode score by whatever the multiplier is at.
Max is 20X unless you get it doubled, either through a mystery award or hitting the FORCE targets.
I use the audio cue to remind me to reset the multiplier counter so as to not lose it. When you hear that repeating horn it’s time to hit those 3 stand ups. Every time you hit those targets the multiplier goes up by 1 (or 2 when doubled).

oh very interesting I"m glad I asked as I would never have figured that out on my own. thanks so much for your help! I might have a follow up question once I get a chance to play again maybe tomorrow night to make sure I understand completely.

#14257 10 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

oh very interesting I"m glad I asked as I would never have figured that out on my own. thanks so much for your help! I might have a follow up question once I get a chance to play again maybe tomorrow night to make sure I understand completely.

WOW this really adds an entirely new aspect to the game, and is really neat. Thanks so much for explaining it I would have had no idea.

#14258 10 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

WOW this really adds an entirely new aspect to the game, and is really neat. Thanks so much for explaining it I would have had no idea.

Yeah, juggling the shot multiplier is really this game's party trick. It's got some great shots and modes, but that multiplier is the innovation and in my opinion the best use of an action button I've seen in pinball

#14259 10 months ago
Quoted from Jai151:

Yeah, juggling the shot multiplier is really this game's party trick. It's got some great shots and modes, but that multiplier is the innovation and in my opinion the best use of an action button I've seen in pinball

And you WILL lose balls because of it lol.

#14260 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

only humans will lose balls...
joking, but my son so easy to master the multiplicators, as he really get a 3rd hand to use that button !!!

#14261 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Trying to reset lanes after add-a-ball switches multipliers off and trying to juice destroy the fighters are my two most common unforced errors

#14262 9 months ago

on the LCD display under your score there is sometimes a number in smaller font colored red. Does anyone know what that number (it changes) represents?

thanks
brian

#14263 9 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

on the LCD display under your score there is sometimes a number in smaller font colored red. Does anyone know what that number (it changes) represents?
thanks
brian

That red number is what you scored on your last shot or switch.

#14264 9 months ago

great thanks for the info!

1 week later
#14265 9 months ago

Hey Star Wars owners. I just installed my topper. And R2D2 is facing the wrong way. Any suggestions?

IMG_6058 (resized).jpegIMG_6058 (resized).jpeg
#14266 9 months ago
Quoted from SerenityNow:

Hey Star Wars owners. I just installed my topper. And R2D2 is facing the wrong way. Any suggestions?[quoted image]

Looks like he's inspecting above the drop ceiling panel you removed

#14267 9 months ago

My guess would be when the topper was reassembled after modding, either the 3 screws for his head were put in the wrong locations...or more likely the motor unit is 180 degrees off somehow.

#14268 9 months ago

Bigguybbr- My wife doesn’t love me so i don't have tall enough ceiling in my basement for toppers. Thus I had to mod my ceiling

Seztkor - Thank you. I know what to do. Should be a quick fix. I’ll share more photo’s once its done..

#14269 9 months ago
Quoted from SerenityNow:

Bigguybbr- My wife doesn’t love me so i don't have tall enough ceiling in my basement for toppers. Thus I had to mod my ceiling …
Seztkor - Thank you. I know what to do. Should be a quick fix. I’ll share more photo’s once its done..

Close the tile in with 2’-L x 6”-H mirror panels maybe even 2’x2’ top panel mirrored!
Let that topper shine!

#14270 9 months ago
Quoted from SerenityNow:

Hey Star Wars owners. I just installed my topper. And R2D2 is facing the wrong way. Any suggestions?[quoted image]

When you take the mounting screws off to remove the done, you'll be able to see if the set screw which locks it into the pivot rod is loose. I would add some blue locktite to the threaded insert so you don't have to worry about it again.

#14271 9 months ago
Quoted from SerenityNow:

Is that another SW Comic Premium I see? I have one, I heard they only made 250 of these, do you know if that's true? I just got mine back after a 6 month trade, it's fantastic. Sitting next to Godzilla, it's an entirely different game than Godzilla.

#14272 9 months ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Is that another SW Comic Premium I see? I have one, I heard they only made 250 of these, do you know if that's true?

I think 500 is the most common guess, but yeah there weren't many. I'm not sure if there were some more in the most recent build run around August last year.

#14273 9 months ago

Perhaps the low number is due to how Ugly The Playfields are in that model. The Only positives of the Comic Edition to me is the Cab Head and cab body decals and maybe the Translight . But the Soap dish around the 4 choices (Han to Luke )inserts alongs with SUDS -and the BLUE /WHITE Hyperspace lines give my eyes a headache looking at them.. The art on the Playfield sucks in that area of the playfield and not sure why those inserts needed to have a border around them when the original does not makes no sense .. My opinion is my Own and sorry to knock any one who owns the Comics but i am glad you like it ..

Quoted from vikingerik:

I think 500 is the most common guess, but yeah there weren't many. I'm not sure if there were some more in the most recent build run around August last year.

#14274 9 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Perhaps the low number is due to how Ugly The Playfields are in that model. The Only positives of the Comic Edition to me is the Cab Head and cab body decals and maybe the Translight . But the Soap dish around the 4 choices (Han to Luke )inserts alongs with SUDS -and the BLUE /WHITE Hyperspace lines give my eyes a headache looking at them.. The art on the Playfield sucks in that area of the playfield and not sure why those inserts needed to have a border around them when the original does not makes no sense .. My opinion is my Own and sorry to knock any one who owns the Comics but i am glad you like it ..

I had to choose between comic and movie art when I bought mine. I found the comic art too childish as a look. I also found it didn't make sense since the game (and video assets) is all about the original trilogy. Why try to turn it into a cartoon? But that's just me.

Despite some folks' revisionist view of history, Stern stopped making them because they just weren't selling. Rarity isn't necessarily a selling point in this case. Of course now in the post-pandemic world with more pinheads, there could be more of a demand for them. I still don't like the comic look, either pro or prem doesn't matter to me.

#14275 9 months ago

Oh, comic vs. original. We never had that before.... yawn...

#14276 9 months ago

Got my SW Prem yesterday. One major issue that I have are SDTMs from the death star. Unfortunately the guide can't be bend and there's no rubber that I could change. Any way to fix this?

#14277 9 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Realllllllly. Burp!!!

Find it funny the few who did buy it thinks that its rarity means it’s worth more than a New in box from any distributor who STILL has them in stock for less. Gigity lol!

#14278 9 months ago
Quoted from usul27:

Got my SW Prem yesterday. One major issue that I have are SDTMs from the death star. Unfortunately the guide can't be bend and there's no rubber that I could change. Any way to fix this?

One of those cabinet felt dots at the base of that ramp at ball level will work . Used for cabinet door noise when closing your doors hard to lessen the noise is what I mean by cabinet felt dot

#14279 9 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Sorry, we can get back to endless pics & questions aboot shitty mods now

#14280 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry, we can get back to endless pics & questions aboot shitty mods now

Yes, discussion on pinstadiums preferred. Soooo interesting. Or maybe new insights on "How do the multipliers work?"

#14281 9 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

One of those cabinet felt dots at the base of that ramp at ball level will work . Used for cabinet door noise when closing your doors hard to lessen the noise is what I mean by cabinet felt dot

Ok, I get the dot, but I don't understand where to put it. Do you have a picture?

#14282 9 months ago

Hey everyone, I’m joining the club with a nice Comic Art premium I picked up. I have a couple of questions that I wondered if I could get some assistance with.

First, does anyone make a mirrored back glass for the comic art version?

Second, it has very low lifetime plays (354) but my experience with these machines makes me think it has actually had more than that. Is it possible for people to hack the odometer on the Spike2 system?

#14283 9 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, I’m joining the club with a nice Comic Art premium I picked up. I have a couple of questions that I wondered if I could get some assistance with.
Second, it has very low lifetime plays (354) but my experience with these machines makes me think it has actually had more than that. Is it possible for people to hack the odometer on the Spike2 system?

No backglasses at all as far as I know. Only translites, even the LE. The play counter was resettable on early software. I don’t remember when they locked it up.

#14284 9 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

It depends. I have heard that the more recent code updates eliminate that possibility, but I can't say from experience. With earlier codes you could easily reset everything.

#14285 9 months ago

Lifetime plays first appeared in 2019 with Beatles (I think) so games like mine didn’t have them for a long time. I’m 99% sure they appeared in code drop 1.1 for Star Wars. If your game came out after 1.1 the plays are real if not they are not.

#14286 9 months ago

I think the lifetime plays started with v1.05 on Star Wars.

#14287 9 months ago

Makes sense. I like that lifetime play concept, I’m glad they added it.

#14288 9 months ago

Does SW premium have any magnets?

I am thinking the hyperloop accelerators are in fact magnets - or have the same affect - so can't use Ninja chrome balls

can someone confirm

thanks much!

#14289 9 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

I am thinking the hyperloop accelerators are in fact magnets - or have the same affect - so can't use Ninja chrome balls
can someone confirm
thanks much!

Yes they are magnets. I have tried Ninja balls and they became magenetized after one weekend of play.

#14290 9 months ago

The manual does show all the hyperspace loop magnets.

#14291 9 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

can someone confirm
thanks much!

I have had Ninjas in my game from the start. I have had them in all 9 games I've owned, several of which had magnets. I demagnatize the balls when I do maintenance, and haven't had any problems in between. Yes, chrome balls magnetize faster than plain, and no, I wouldn't put them in a routed game. But for home use, you can get a lot of games in before there is an issue, and I almost always have a prior reason to take off the glass. It takes longer to remove the balls than to demagnatize them (with a tool). For me, it is worth the extra shiny appearance, and longer wear. Your mileage may vary.

#14292 9 months ago

My Yoda topper, this is.

#14293 9 months ago

First time breaking a billion on any game. Just sharing.

IMG_5154 (resized).jpegIMG_5154 (resized).jpeg
#14294 9 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

First time breaking a billion on any game. Just sharing.
[quoted image]

Nice!!! Man that translite is amazing. I still love it.

#14295 9 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Nice!!! Man that translite is amazing. I still love it.

Me too.
If you look in the pop bumpers, I put a Boba Fett bobble head. Every time the ball goes into the pops he jiggles his head. Plus you can’t hardly see past the mini TV screen anyways.

#14296 9 months ago
Quoted from dgposter:

My Yoda topper, this is.

That Yoda topper is amazing, did you make that yourself?

#14297 9 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Me too.
If you look in the pop bumpers, I put a Boba Fett bobble head. Every time the ball goes into the pops he jiggles his head. Plus you can’t hardly see past the mini TV screen anyways.

That looks cool. Yeah everyone who plays the game at my house says that.” I can’t see the ball”! Especially the kids haha.

#14298 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

That Yoda topper is amazing, did you make that yourself?

I did make it (thanks to ShinyNick for the idea years ago). He is triggered from the action button and will act out a random animation each time it is pressed. I also added a modified set of pinstadiums for front and rear lighting tied into the game's GI. The UV flash is tied into the right scoop flasher.

It was a fun project (I made 2 - one for me and one for a buddy) and everyone seems to really enjoy it when they see him moving up there.

#14299 9 months ago

I'm looking for a comic pro translite if anyone knows of where I can find one.

#14300 9 months ago

Selling some glowing light sabers. Shoot me an offer on all of them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/158667

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 299.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/286 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.