IMG_9659 (resized).JPG
IMG_9657 (resized).JPG
IMG_0839 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0836 (resized).jpeg
0633E303-DBFF-4422-A598-AA2F7AB7BCB5 (resized).jpeg
20240202_112319 (resized).jpg
20240202_111955 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 299.
#14101 11 months ago

Question about light saber duel. It says it’s a timed mode and time added for red shots. But also duel doesn’t end unless you beat it. What’s the idea of time if you have to defeat the mode? I mean if you can’t time it out what is the point of time? I haven’t played it to the end of the mode because I suck but does it put your progress backwards if you don’t make the shots in time?

#14102 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Question about light saber duel. It says it’s a timed mode and time added for red shots. But also duel doesn’t end unless you beat it. What’s the idea of time if you have to defeat the mode? I mean if you can’t time it out what is the point of time? I haven’t played it to the end of the mode because I suck but does it put your progress backwards if you don’t make the shots in time?

The mode ends if the time runs out, but doesn't end (and resets the timer) if you drain. Next time you get to the mode just cradle and let the timer run out and you'll see.

#14103 11 months ago

Except you can't just cradle and run out the timer - it will pause for inactivity if you don't hit any switches. But yes, it does end unsuccessfully if time runs out before you complete all the shots.

#14104 11 months ago

But then it will return...

#14105 11 months ago

Just wanted to shout out to whomever has their Stern SWLE out on location at Broadbeach on the gold coast. This and the MBrLE next to it saved me from the boredom of my girls shopping frenzy .

Enjoyed playing it much more than I thought I would after all the reading of reviews etc...was a beast in terms of just walking up and trying to gage what was going on, definitely not casual player friendly (even if this particular machine had the outlanes in the noob position iirc).

Ultimately after my 15 bucks of plunge, drain, wtf - would I like to own one...OH YES (but in a collection that is well balanced as this can, and was for me, be a bit brutal walking up to it cold).

FB_IMG_1681605947581 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1681605947581 (resized).jpg
#14106 11 months ago

Hey everyone! Im thinking about picking up a SW Premium with the intention of making some mods for it. Ive been a huge star wars fan my whole life and would love the chance to make some cool stuff for the pin. I know its been around for quite a while now so Im curious who would be into some new nice looking mods for it and what type of stuff you all might want to see. Previously Ive done mods for TMNT and am currently doing some for Godzilla but am thinking about whats next. Would people be excited to see new mods for Star Wars? or is it just too old of a game at this point?

#14107 11 months ago

Got my art blades yesterday. Went with Han on the left side and Yoda and Luke on the right. Looks fantastic!

#14108 11 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Got my art blades yesterday. Went with Han on the left side and Yoda and Luke on the right. Looks fantastic!

pics?

and to Joshhardy23 i'd like more rebel mods and less empire mods. The whole machine is too dark side heavy, IMO. Needs a tie fighter, R2D2, C3PO, Chewbacca, etc.

#14109 11 months ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

pics?
and to Joshhardy23 i'd like more rebel mods and less empire mods. The whole machine is too dark side heavy, IMO. Needs a tie fighter, R2D2, C3PO, Chewbacca, etc.

IMG_6190 (resized).jpgIMG_6190 (resized).jpgIMG_6191 (resized).jpgIMG_6191 (resized).jpgIMG_6192 (resized).jpgIMG_6192 (resized).jpgIMG_6193 (resized).jpgIMG_6193 (resized).jpg
#14110 11 months ago
Quoted from Joshhardy23:

Hey everyone! Im thinking about picking up a SW Premium with the intention of making some mods for it. Ive been a huge star wars fan my whole life and would love the chance to make some cool stuff for the pin. I know its been around for quite a while now so Im curious who would be into some new nice looking mods for it and what type of stuff you all might want to see. Previously Ive done mods for TMNT and am currently doing some for Godzilla but am thinking about whats next. Would people be excited to see new mods for Star Wars? or is it just too old of a game at this point?

They still make them so why not. The bad ass Death Star mod came out a few months ago, and that seemed to do okay

#14111 11 months ago

I joined the club and ordered the premium insider connect which arrived today. I also purchased the premium insider connect upgraded star wars apron, this has not arrived yet, however in reading the insider connect directions it appears I do mot need the upgraded apron. Does anyone kown if the upgraded apron is just to.make it easier or to keep a spare apron? I am thinking I may be able to return it and just install the kit on the current apron.

#14112 11 months ago

Anyone else's machine having trouble finding today's update over wifi?

#14113 11 months ago

code update for everyone

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14114 11 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hi Everyone.
I have someone with a Star Wars LE who has an error: "locating node boards; 10 node not found". I did say that the node board could have failed but suggested that he check the connections (reseat) but he is not comfortable with going under the playfield so I will go over to check things out. I did have him check his software version and he is still back on v1.10 with 1.23 being availlable now. Can I go from 1.10 straight to 1.23 in one upgrade? I do see that there have been a couple of 'system' version changes and not just code updates so just want to check here first. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks in advance.

Just an update on this regarding the software update. No issues going from a much older 1.10 to 1.23 in one step. Hope that helps someone, at somepoint. The Node#10, still dead after reseating all connections. No visible burnt or damaged components, just dead it seems.

#14115 11 months ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I joined the club and ordered the premium insider connect which arrived today. I also purchased the premium insider connect upgraded star wars apron, this has not arrived yet, however in reading the insider connect directions it appears I do mot need the upgraded apron. Does anyone kown if the upgraded apron is just to.make it easier or to keep a spare apron? I am thinking I may be able to return it and just install the kit on the current apron.

You can't install on the original apron, it doesn't have the hole for the camera. They had to provide a special apron for some pins that have a different apron like Star Wars or Stranger Things or Batman66 so if you want the barcode scanner on the apron like a new pin you need to pay extra for the special apron for those pins. If you don't want to mount the camera on the apron for some reason (like preferring art or not using it much because it's HUO) then you can simply mount the camera somewhere else like the coin door and keep the original apron. Personally I very rarely use the camera (haven't used mine in months) and I don't like it mounted on the apron so I have mine down on the coin door, bonus is I don't lose the artwork in that triangle of space either or have the camera light staring up at me all the time.

I understand why Stern chose to put the barcode camera up top in your face so casuals will notice it, but imho it is unsightly on a home pin. The coin door on the other hand isn't doing much on a home pin, is out of the way yet very accessible if anybody needs to scan in, loses no artwork space and is actually easier to install there than replacing an apron, win-win.

#14116 11 months ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I understand why Stern chose to put the barcode camera up top in your face so casuals will notice it, but imho it is unsightly on a home pin. The coin door on the other hand isn't doing much on a home pin, is out of the way yet very accessible if anybody needs to scan in, loses no artwork space and is actually easier to install there than replacing an apron, win-win.

Unfortunately this isn't the case for lots of home owners. The coin door is where the headphone station is. I know someone sells a plate for both but still more $$$.

#14117 11 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Unfortunately this isn't the case for lots of home owners. The coin door is where the headphone station is. I know someone sells a plate for both but still more $$$.

The apron costs $150, surely a plate costs way less than that with or without headphone jack! Or just find somebody with a 3D printer, I printed my own for practically nothing. But yeah I hear you... Costs have a way of always creeping up in this hobby but I think mounting on the coin door is cheaper than the apron for SW. And I would guess that most people don't have a headphone jack but it shouldn't be much difference either way.

#14118 11 months ago

I couldn't care less about IC. I wanna play the game and that's it. I would rather have the artwork instead. I have not connected mine nor will I even though it shipped with it installed.

#14119 11 months ago

Just in case anybody is thinking about them, I tried the Precision Pinball Products HALO flipper kit on my Star Wars Premium.

I highly recommend them! In addition to looking awesome, my accuracy has improved on several shots. Especially the orbits, which always seemed to be a crapshoot/accident. I'm much more consistent with them after installing the Precision flippers.

I'm not sure they are right for every game, but I think Star Wars is one of the better candidates for this flipper system.

PXL_20230416_203349373 (resized).jpgPXL_20230416_203349373 (resized).jpg
#14120 11 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Just in case anybody is thinking about them, I tried the Precision Pinball Products HALO flipper kit on my Star Wars Premium.
I highly recommend them! In addition to looking awesome, my accuracy has improved on several shots. Especially the orbits, which always seemed to be a crapshoot/accident. I'm much more consistent with them after installing the Precision flippers.
I'm not sure they are right for every game, but I think Star Wars is one of the better candidates for this flipper system.
[quoted image]

Did you get those at TPF?? I saw this on a YouTube channel reviewing booths and their product did peak my interest.

I’m gonna have to dig more info about these. How much are they?

#14121 11 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Did you get those at TPF?? I saw this on a YouTube channel reviewing booths and their product did peak my interest.
I’m gonna have to dig more info about these. How much are they?

They're not cheap, $136 for a 2-flipper kit. But exceptional quality and worth it IMO.

https://precisionpinballproducts.com/shop/ols/products/halographic-pro-flipper-system-kits

Then there's a keyed clamp you can add on as well. I didn't do that, but I think that might be worth it.

Yes, I tried it at TPF on their AIQ Premium. After plowing through the Captain Marvel ramp 3 times in a row, I said "I need these."

Figured I'd try them on one game and go from there.

#14122 11 months ago

I just updated to 1.24 this morning. I’ve played 4 games and the shifting text on the mini screen is gone. I haven’t seen that issue happen again.

#14123 11 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

They're not cheap, $136 for a 2-flipper kit. But exceptional quality and worth it IMO.
https://precisionpinballproducts.com/shop/ols/products/halographic-pro-flipper-system-kits
Then there's a keyed clamp you can add on as well. I didn't do that, but I think that might be worth it.
Yes, I tried it at TPF on their AIQ Premium. After plowing through the Captain Marvel ramp 3 times in a row, I said "I need these."
Figured I'd try them on one game and go from there.

Hmm… yeah, little less than 3x for flipper rebuild kit. So, do you know how long these would last compared to stock flippers?

If that expends the lifetime compare to buying flipper rebuild kits, makes sense to pay up front if you also get improved gameplay feel as well.

Might be best to wait till you know you need to rebuild the existing flippers.

#14124 11 months ago

How often are you rebuilding modern Stern flippers? I never have.

Quoted from ray3127:

fter plowing through the Captain Marvel ramp 3 times in a row, I said "I need these."

Fair. Mine is a bitch to hit

#14125 11 months ago

I have to throw in the dissenting opinion there: I don't like the precision flippers on the various machines I've played with them. Yeah they hit harder, particularly for shots that need power like the hyperspace ramp or Captain Marvel... but the hardness makes it significantly more difficult to do any soft and subtle moves to gain control of a ball. They may help intermediate players but they limit the skill ceiling on the high end for all the other moves you do besides hitting the ball hard. (Particularly controlling multiples in a multiball.)

#14126 11 months ago

Ok so I've been picking R2D2 lately and can get the Blow up the Death Star mode lit pretty quick. But I feel like that's " cheating" I dunno. I'm still figuring everything out even 5 months in owning this but I usually play Han or Luke. Still haven't completed Escape from Boba Fett GRRRRRR!!

And no I cant blow up the Death Star. Just seems like being able to get to it quick like that is......Weird? * Shrug*

#14127 11 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

...Just seems like being able to get to it quick like that is......Weird? * Shrug*

Always go R2 for his multipliers.

Any Droid can jack into any imperial system and vaginally (um i didnt type that...but I'll allow it) open any doors & download any a schematic they want so game has a big advantage.

#14128 11 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Always go R2 for his multipliers.
Any Droid can jack into any imperial system and vaginally (um i didnt type that...but I'll allow it) open any doors & download any a schematic they want so game has a big advantage.

Ok got it!

Do you get to play Escape from Boba Fett also if you pick R2? or is that only for Han?

#14129 11 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ok got it!
Do you get to play Escape from Boba Fett also if you pick R2? or is that only for Han?

Well you have to Escape with all the characters...just doesn't start as easy like Han

#14130 11 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ok so I've been picking R2D2 lately and can get the Blow up the Death Star mode lit pretty quick. But I feel like that's " cheating" I dunno. I'm still figuring everything out even 5 months in owning this but I usually play Han or Luke. Still haven't completed Escape from Boba Fett GRRRRRR!!
And no I cant blow up the Death Star. Just seems like being able to get to it quick like that is......Weird? * Shrug*

Ha, that's me too.. I pick R2D2 and can get to destroy the Death Star but have not destroyed it yet. But I haven't played too much yet, I don't play a lot and have 15 games so am more or less slow playing all my games, I do have the goal of destroying the DS. I know it seems like waking up on third base when you play R2D2 but it is still not a given as we can attest.

#14131 11 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

I played a game that had these precision flippers in a tournament with 4 others with stock flipper bats and it played so different it was hard to do anything with control.

Maybe it was the game they were on Munsters, but the ball must have hit the glass 10 times and simple things like dead flips went off the slings or towards the outlanes.

After 5 years without a flipper rebuild my Star Wars still hops over the flipper from the inner loop, with these precisions flippers I bet the return would be hard to control.

People rave about them though so maybe just takes some getting used to. Just not for me since I like to play at locations that so far dont have them except that one case.

#14132 11 months ago

R2D2 definitely has the advantage of both deathstar mini-wizards easily attainable, but his Jedi and Escape from Boba Fett are hard as heck to acheive. after owning this game a few years, I can blow up the death star pretty consistently. Its not as hard as everyone lets on.

For those that have a tough time hitting the right ramp, try backhanding it from a cradle. easy peasy.

#14133 10 months ago
Quoted from KJL:

I played a game that had these precision flippers in a tournament with 4 others with stock flipper bats and it played so different it was hard to do anything with control.

Absolutely agree. Had the ones from adpin installed. Identical product. I sold them and went back to plastic, because the originals feeld much better. On the aluminium ones I missed the "snap", which the flexing plastic gives the ball.

#14134 10 months ago

Sounds like we'll always have those who like and those who don't regarding these new flippers.
You can do whatever you want at home setting but remember when you go out in the wild the likelihood of having these flippers installed is low. Your timing/expectations will be much different experience.

I love the idea of innovation on something that has been around for years.

#14135 10 months ago

Yes, R2 is by far the most superior character. In addition to easy access to the two Death Star multiballs, his other missions also stack perfectly, Hoth 2 + Tatooine 1 and Hoth 3 + Tatooine 2 also share almost identical shots. And the multiplier means you score more along the way. And all of his missions use only safe shots, there's nothing where you have to bang on the Force targets or do Tie Fighter hurryups.

R2 does have the weakness that Jedi Training can be hard to make, since he doesn't get any 4-ball planet multiballs and it doesn't come up for his start-of-ball awards. So it can be hard to make it all the way to the Emperor battle, but if you don't expect to make it that far then there's really no downside to R2.

#14136 10 months ago

Ok all. I got a new premium and am wanting to dial in the ball paths. I tired to search but what I want to see is kind of hard to describe.

Has anyone seen a shot map of where balls “should” be going when the come out of loops/orbits? I have some weird sdtm stuff and I just want to know which flipper the ball should be hitting.

Specifically, do I have this right on a well set up game?

Left orbit to right flipper
Right orbit to left flipper
Left inner loop to right flipper
Right inner loop to left flipper
Scoop to left flipper

I could easily have that wrong, I’m shooting from the hip.

#14137 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ok all. I got a new premium and am wanting to dial in the ball paths. I tired to search but what I want to see is kind of hard to describe.
Has anyone seen a shot map of where balls “should” be going when the come out of loops/orbits? I have some weird sdtm stuff and I just want to know which flipper the ball should be hitting.
Scoop to left flipper

that's pretty much how mine works

#14138 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Scoop to left flipper

Yeppers. This is correct.

#14139 10 months ago

My scoop always went to the right flipper, after turning down the power. With the power high, it would go all over the place. Ritchie answered once that it's intended to go to the left, but if you have it consistently going to the right, don't mess with it

#14140 10 months ago

The code update via IC/WiFi is an absolute cinch

IMG_5757 (resized).jpegIMG_5757 (resized).jpeg
#14141 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

My scoop always went to the right flipper, after turning down the power. With the power high, it would go all over the place. Ritchie answered once that it's intended to go to the left, but if you have it consistently going to the right, don't mess with it

Eject to right flipper is a much much easier fate. Seems like eject left flipper to dead bounce right flipper when "working well."

#14142 10 months ago

I have for sale a perfect example of the Star Wars Comic Edition Translite. These are almost impossible to obtain and seems to be from the favored art package of all of the models. Asking price of 400.00 includes shipping in the continental US.

548FB6D7-D9F4-4122-8F5B-A769DA654A08 (resized).jpeg548FB6D7-D9F4-4122-8F5B-A769DA654A08 (resized).jpegD9A91C85-45A8-43A7-8A97-EE75FEA96352 (resized).jpegD9A91C85-45A8-43A7-8A97-EE75FEA96352 (resized).jpeg
#14143 10 months ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I have for sale a perfect example of the Star Wars Comic Edition Translite. These are almost impossible to obtain and seems to be from the favored art package of all of the models. Asking price of 400.00 includes shipping in the continental US.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m looking for a comic pro translight

#14144 10 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m looking for a comic pro translight

I only have the premium one

#14145 10 months ago

I purchased the 10inch flipper fidelity set with incl backbox speakers for spike 2 without the crossover filter.

Now I experience crackling sound comming from the speakers

Can anyone give me good sound settings for the stern Star Wars?

I know an external amplifier can be used. I’m not looking for that solution. And not looking for a solution without a good bass experience

This I seen in a few of the FF manuals below ohm settings, bass settings,filter settings but it is also not solving the cracking sound.

I think they are 4 ohm ( for sure the woofer is)

Thanks for the help here with a good sound/filter setting

IMG_5317 (resized).pngIMG_5317 (resized).pngIMG_5318 (resized).jpegIMG_5318 (resized).jpeg
#14146 10 months ago

When I played around with better speakers for this game they ended up sounding worse . I put the stock back in. I would guess an amplifier is what is needed to help out the sound.

#14147 10 months ago
Quoted from FlipFun:

I know an external amplifier can be used. I’m not looking for that solution. And not looking for a solution without a good bass experience

To me this is contradictory. You're not looking for the solution that you are looking for. The stock amplifier is the main obstacle to a good bass experience. Unless by "external" you only mean outside the cabinet such as a self-amplified subwoofer or similar. I have "external" amplifier mounted internally (PinWoofer.)

#14148 10 months ago

If you want more base there is no better (and cheaper) way than an external sub. Get the mixer from Pinnovators and you can connect 4 (might be 5 now) games to 1 sub. I use large powered subs 12 and 15" for every 3 games, putting the sub under the middle one. Sounds awesome and being bass frequencies it sounds like it's coming from the game anyway.

Some folks are fans of the polk 10 inch but that's only because they haven't tried bigger or they insist on having 1 per game as it's one of the cheapest subs around.

And the cool thing is it's universal. If you sell the game you keep the sub/connection for the next one.

#14149 10 months ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

To me this is contradictory. You're not looking for the solution that you are looking for. The stock amplifier is the main obstacle to a good bass experience. Unless by "external" you only mean outside the cabinet such as a self-amplified subwoofer or similar. I have "external" amplifier mounted internally (PinWoofer.)

Thanks for the feedback. I will try via an external amplifier that I will mount inside the cabinet then, And wire up the both speakers and woofer to it. What connector and pinout is having the stereo sound as amplifier input in the backbox pls?

Can the head phone jack be used directly to the rca input of an amplifier directly?

#14150 10 months ago
Quoted from FlipFun:

Thanks for the feedback. I will try via an external amplifier that I will mount inside the cabinet then, And wire up the both speakers and woofer to it. What connector and pinout is having the stereo sound as amplifier input in the backbox pls?
Can the head phone jack be used directly to the rca input of an amplifier directly?

Greetings FlipFun ! Free Play has one of our DIY amps left in stock:

https://www.free-play.se/produkter/ljud/pinwoofer/pinwooferTM-diy-stern-spike-kit.html

It is turnkey and sounds amazing!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Southern Pines, NC
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 299.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/283 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.