20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 300.
#14051 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Awesome collection!! Was thinking about getting CC as well but I don't have anymore room and the wife has been understanding enough. Cant push it anymore. Lol

Whats that box on your Starwars? It would make a great REPLACEMENT for the translite.

#14052 11 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Whats that box on your Starwars? It would make a great REPLACEMENT for the translite.

Its actually a custom topper. The colored wall lights blink and move sequentially and R2D2 moves and interacts during gameplay. C3PO's eyes also light up. The entire thing was made from scratch by hand by my wife. She is amazing with that kind of stuff. It started because she was so mad at the scalpers asking 4k for the 500 dollars official topper. So she decided to make a better one for a fraciton of the cost. Came out amazing! So proud of her. I can post a video of it working during gameplay if you wanna see.

#14053 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Its actually a custom topper. The colored wall lights blink and move sequentially and R2D2 moves and interacts during gameplay. C3PO's eyes also light up. The entire thing was made from scratch by hand by my wife. She is amazing with that kind of stuff. It started because she was so mad at the scalpers asking 4k for the 500 dollars official topper. So she decided to make a better one for a fraciton of the cost. Came out amazing! So proud of her. I can post a video of it working during gameplay if you wanna see.

Yeah no kidding that thing is great. Nice work.

#14054 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Its actually a custom topper.

Thanks. I actually have my own weird opinion regarding "custom toppers", but setting it into the backbox in stead of the translite might be interestig. 3D interactive translite. sizewise it might almost work - depends how deep it is. as a "topper" it is far too big IMHO.

#14055 11 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Thanks. I actually have my own weird opinion regarding "custom toppers", but setting it into the backbox in stead of the translite might be interestig. 3D interactive translite. sizewise it might almost work - depends how deep it is. as a "topper" it is far too big IMHO.

Yep, its definitely not for everyone. Might work to replace the translite if you like that better. Just some additional fit and finish but Im sure it could be done.

#14056 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Just some additional fit and finish but Im sure it could be done.

What are the parts you used for the box and the interior of it?

#14057 11 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

What are the parts you used for the box and the interior of it?

That is a question for my wife. She fabricated almost everything you see in the picture. Only exception is the droids. I can ask her for a list but it would be long. LOL

#14058 11 months ago

Amazing work.

#14059 11 months ago

Thank you! I’ll pass that along to her.

#14060 11 months ago

Hey guys, Got a problem with my hyperloop. The damn thing won’t stop. Lol It Stop once ball search kicks. I think it’s a connection issue because it’s intermittent. If I move the playfield, the issue resolves itself. After enough vibrations, the problem comes back. So after looking through the manual, I’m not sure which node I should be looking at for loose connections. Please help. I’m stuck in hyperspace! Lol

#14061 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Awesome collection!! Was thinking about getting CC as well but I don't have anymore room and the wife has been understanding enough. Cant push it anymore. Lol[quoted image]

Ha.. almost had a similar setup as yours, but ended up getting Wonka instead.

Still want a WOZ, but as you see space is full. Ugh… maybe I will flow to the garage.

For sure SW is a nice addition to games with long ball times.

I keep thinking of trading/selling SW for another game like WOZ… but I still have not done it. 3 years and counting. Haha.
58B8FDB3-8DD0-4334-B5A3-2ECCE7F8A282 (resized).jpeg58B8FDB3-8DD0-4334-B5A3-2ECCE7F8A282 (resized).jpeg

#14062 11 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Ha.. almost had a similar setup as yours, but ended up getting Wonka instead.
Still want a WOZ, but as you see space is full. Ugh… maybe I will flow to the garage.
For sure SW is a nice addition to games with long ball times.
I keep thinking of trading/selling SW for another game like WOZ… but I still have not done it. 3 years and counting. Haha.
[quoted image]

Awesome collection. Wish I could get a fourth but I’m sure it would only make me want a fifth. Lol

#14063 11 months ago

I was looking at the tilt rules sheet, just didn’t see what is the point value of combo shots?

#14064 11 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

[quoted image]

Woz is great World under glass and beautiful, but imo it’s just ok shooting, one ramp wide body. I mean it’s great in a large collection but I don’t play it a ton.

I’d be wary of selling a game you love, I sold my Tron because I owned it 6 years thought to get something as good that I hadn’t played as much. But I still miss Tron and can’t find one to replace it. I’ve got other pins I love since like Godzilla JP and DP but still sorry I sold Tron.

#14065 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Awesome collection. Wish I could get a fourth but I’m sure it would only make me want a fifth. Lol

You won't stop until you run out of space. Then you start swapping or putting machines in the dining room! LOL

#14066 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I was looking at the tilt rules sheet, just didn’t see what is the point value of combo shots?

Boba

I don't see the point in combo shots any game that isn't giving an extra ball or some prize.

#14067 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Woz is great World under glass and beautiful, but imo it’s just ok shooting, one ramp wide body. I mean it’s great in a large collection but I don’t play it a ton.

To be honest, I feel this way about most Jersey Jack machines. They look good but just aren't compelling enough in play to keep me coming back on location, let alone put one in the home lineup

#14068 11 months ago
Quoted from Jai151:

To be honest, I feel this way about most Jersey Jack machines. They look good but just aren't compelling enough in play to keep me coming back on location, let alone put one in the home lineup

WOZ is great to get others involved in the action. It is not a pinheads game. But if you have a family and want a pinball collection WOZ spans all generations and gets others to play with you. Its my wife's favorite game. It is also incredible to play when you have those rare “I cant miss” games. Its a great addition to a collection but not what I would pick if I could only have one game.

#14069 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

It's low, something like 325,000 or so, maybe something like +100k per combo in the sequence. Even with the multiplier it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

#14070 11 months ago

Hi Everyone.

I have someone with a Star Wars LE who has an error: "locating node boards; 10 node not found". I did say that the node board could have failed but suggested that he check the connections (reseat) but he is not comfortable with going under the playfield so I will go over to check things out. I did have him check his software version and he is still back on v1.10 with 1.23 being availlable now. Can I go from 1.10 straight to 1.23 in one upgrade? I do see that there have been a couple of 'system' version changes and not just code updates so just want to check here first. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

#14071 11 months ago

About to join the club and just ordered insider connect and the upgraded apron. The pin has the shaker and mirror blades. Also already has pinstadium fusions. With that said what are some of the more killer mods I should be looking at? Anyone do a cool mod for deathstar and Oh it's a premium.

#14072 11 months ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

About to join the club and just ordered insider connect and the upgraded apron. The pin has the shaker and mirror blades. Also already has pinstadium fusions. With that said what are some of the more killer mods I should be looking at? Anyone do a cool mod for deathstar and Oh it's a premium.

Should I nab pinwoofer?

#14073 11 months ago

Should I nab pinwoofer?

Honestly, the subwoofer is subpar on Star Wars to me. The cabinet and back box speakers do a pretty good job. I’ve tried every setup with a subwoofer on my Star Wars premium. Connected directly to the cabinet speaker and the speaker level inputs on my PSW10, through a pinpac spike2 adapter into the line level inputs, and through a pinsub mix to the line level inputs. No matter what the subwoofer is underwhelming to me on SW compared to my TRON.

#14074 11 months ago

Should I nab pinwoofer?

I have the larger cab speaker from flipper fidelity and it adds a lot to the sound. a subwoofer i think would not really improve further.

#14075 11 months ago

ALso considering my chances of finding the OG topper is next to impossible, any suggestions on a homemade or custom Topper I can nab?

#14076 11 months ago

I would imagine Pinwoofer would be a nice upgrade. I added aftermarket speakers and thought they sounded worse so I went back to stock. Im guessing the amp with Pinwoofer would make it sound better.

#14077 11 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I would imagine Pinwoofer would be a nice upgrade. I added aftermarket speakers and thought they sounded worse so I went back to stock. Im guessing the amp with Pinwoofer would make it sound better.

I agree as many of my pins have pinwoofer and I love them.

#14078 11 months ago

ALso considering my chances of finding the OG topper is next to impossible, any suggestions on a homemade or custom Topper I can nab?

This is what I have in mine. Draws usb power from the bockbox with no issues: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08MQ13L3C

#14079 11 months ago

It’s not next to impossible. It’s just super expensive when they do come around. Average seems to be around $2,200.

#14080 11 months ago

Something strange on my premium happened today that I haven't seen before. I put the ball up into the deathstar and the hyper loop kicked it around half a loop to the right in lane. Is this a normal in any situation?

#14081 11 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Something strange on my premium happened today that I haven't seen before. I put the ball up into the deathstar and the hyper loop kicked it around half a loop to the right in lane. Is this a normal in any situation?

That happens to mine sometimes since I’ve had the game. Who knows why it does though.

#14082 11 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Quoted from ExSquid:

That happens to mine sometimes since I’ve had the game. Who knows why it does though.

It happens when video mode or Hoth is lit. The ramp is up to stop the ball in the inner loop, not to send up the hyperloop, hence the immediate exit.

#14083 11 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

This is what I have in mine. Draws usb power from the bockbox with no issues: amazon.com link »

That's awesome! How do you have it secured?

#14084 11 months ago
Quoted from Jai151:

That's awesome! How do you have it secured

Just velcro strips. It's pretty light. I posted pictures further back in the thread if you search my posts

#14085 11 months ago

I want to join the club (again) with a Premium Comic Art.

Anyone in Europe is planing to sell one?

#14086 11 months ago

I get a ton of scoop rejects on my new SW Pro. Shooting from cradled left flipper. Never got them at all on my old one. Anybody else have this issue? How did you remedy it?

#14087 11 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I get a ton of scoop rejects on my new SW Pro. Shooting from cradled left flipper. Never got them at all on my old one. Anybody else have this issue? How did you remedy it?

I get them too. I thought about putting a dot of silicone on the back of the scoop where the ball hits but should be out of the way when the ball ejects. Just my brainstorming.

#14088 11 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I agree as many of my pins have pinwoofer and I love them.

Hey guys!

Swapping speakers can improve the track to some degree, but not all speakers are created equal. Some look cool but sound worse.

The good news - Star Wars is epic with PinWoofer. Once you hear it, you'll know it!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

SSK (resized).jpgSSK (resized).jpg
#14089 11 months ago

I joined the club today with my second pin, a premium! Due to my hectic schedule I won’t be able to set it up until Wednesday but I have the Stern Side Armor, Stern art blades, and shaker motor ready to go on and in as well. The weekend can’t get here fast enough.

F2CB2173-23E0-4772-8EAE-E33C9AA9D082 (resized).jpegF2CB2173-23E0-4772-8EAE-E33C9AA9D082 (resized).jpeg
#14090 11 months ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

I joined the club today with my second pin, a premium! Due to my hectic schedule I won’t be able to set it up until Wednesday but I have the Stern Side Armor, Stern art blades, and shaker motor ready to go on and in as well. The weekend can’t get here fast enough.[quoted image]

Niiiiice!!!! Nothing beats unboxing a new pin!

I also went with the art blades ( annoying you have to buy ALL of them) instead of mirror blades. Should get here Thursday.

#14091 11 months ago

Just me and hiker then?

#14092 11 months ago

Just me and hiker then?

Put a piece of foam or moleskin inside the metal backstop to slow the momentum?

#14093 11 months ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Put a piece of foam or moleskin inside the metal backstop to slow the momentum?

Solid idea. I'm really interested in knowing why my new SW Pro rejects all day long and my old one did not. Wondering if someone has had the same issue and knew why this could be? Should have been more clear in my original post. Some sort of adjustment I would assume but which piece?

#14094 11 months ago

Solid idea. I'm really interested in knowing why my new SW Pro rejects all day long and my old one did not. Wondering if someone has had the same issue and knew why this could be? Should have been more clear in my original post. Some sort of adjustment I would assume but which piece?

I have a 2018 pro and no reject issue. Could you post a video of whats going on? Might be able to compare if I can see whats happening.

#14095 11 months ago

As you all know I just joined the club and really enjoying this. I figured others have had this issue, so I am going to go ahead and ask. When I hit the ball from my right flipper I feel 95% of the time with a very strong and direct shot, it goes up the Deathstar shot and then falls back down. In fact, the only few times I have made it is when I get lucky with a back hand as I rarely can replicate that. I can hit the shot all day with my right flipper and it gets rejected.

I do not think its the pitch as then why would a less powerful backshot make it. my pitch is 6.9. I upped the power on the right flipper by 5 but still nothing and I feel it crushes all other shots. should I continue upping the coil strength or am I doing something wrong?

#14096 11 months ago

As you all know I just joined the club and really enjoying this. I figured others have had this issue, so I am going to go ahead and ask. When I hit the ball from my right flipper I feel 95% of the time with a very strong and direct shot, it goes up the Deathstar shot and then falls back down. In fact, the only few times I have made it is when I get lucky with a back hand as I rarely can replicate that. I can hit the shot all day with my right flipper and it gets rejected.
I do not think its the pitch as then why would a less powerful backshot make it. my pitch is 6.9. I upped the power on the right flipper by 5 but still nothing and I feel it crushes all other shots. should I continue upping the coil strength or am I doing something wrong?

I had this problem. There is a nut under the death star that you can loosen and adjust the wire guide and this will help. This is because the ball runs into the wire guide as it goes up and doesn’t get caught by the magnet.

#14097 11 months ago

When I hit the ball from my right flipper I feel 95% of the time with a very strong and direct shot, it goes up the Deathstar shot and then falls back down.

What hiker2099 said. Your shot is hitting the underside of the rail that goes into the death star. You need to raise that wireform up. You want it as high as it can go without balls already on it hitting the ceiling of the death star.

#14098 11 months ago

pic would be nice. i experience this too 50 percent . will check it tomorrow

Quoted from vikingerik:What hiker2099 said. Your shot is hitting the underside of the rail that goes into the death star. You need to raise that wireform up. You want it as high as it can go without balls already on it hitting the ceiling of the death star.

#14099 11 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

pic would be nice. i experience this too 50 percent . will check it tomorrow

Since this seems to come up...a lot...

Loosen the nut circled in Green...in all likelihood, your hyperloop ramp will actually "pop up" releasing the tension it was under causing it to have the bricks. If not, adjust up (or down, but usually up) as needed to allow the ball to clear the upper part of the hyperspace loop as it enters the death star. If the ball gets kicked out after going around the loop once...you went too far up.

There is also a Facebook post by Ritchie that is linked on this thread somewhere where he discusses this adjustment and the one for Tatooine. (Edit, unfortunately, it seems Stern deleted that video...probably something to do with where he is currently employed...)

death star adjust (resized).jpgdeath star adjust (resized).jpg

#14100 11 months ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Since this seems to come up...a lot...
Loosen the nut circled in Green...in all likelihood, your hyperloop ramp will actually "pop up" releasing the tension it was under causing it to have the bricks. If not, adjust up (or down, but usually up) as needed to allow the ball to clear the upper part of the hyperspace loop as it enters the death star. If the ball gets kicked out after going around the loop once...you went too far up.
There is also a Facebook post by Ritchie that is linked on this thread somewhere where he discusses this adjustment and the one for Tatooine. (Edit, unfortunately, it seems Stern deleted that video...probably something to do with where he is currently employed...)
[quoted image]

If I don't be damed!!! That worked flawlessly!!!! This is a tought mutha but man I really dig it. I really love that push your luck with the multipler. That right outline is brutal, any thought outside of being a fantastic nudger also anyone who pulled the trigger for a pinwoofer are you happy you did, thinking if pulling the trigger and getting on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/282 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.