SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 302.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Here are a couple of custom PinCups for Star Wars pinball. The style matches the siderails on the LE model and artwork throughout the game. I can do the inside of the cup in different colors. Shown Chrome or Red . http://www.modfatherpinball.com

Chucks pincups are really nice !!! I have several ... also about to join the club so I need one of these

#1302 6 years ago

Hey guys is a shaker a must on his game ? Yay or nay ?

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I use to be a big fan of shakers. Each to their own but I don't bother with them anymore. My sw plays perfect without having to be shook around.

#1304 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I use to be a big fan of shakers. Each to their own but I don't bother with them anymore. My sw plays perfect without having to be shook around.

Yea well I had it in my Iron man and it was great in that , really depends on the game it can be overused ... don’t need it to shake when I hit a ramp everytime .

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea well I had it in my Iron man and it was great in that , really depends on the game it can be overused ... don’t need it to shake when I hit a ramp everytime .

They do offer minimal and maximum use options in the menu and you can minimize the shake with a simple adjustment. I use to put them into every Stern I bought but for some reason this time it seems to be unnecessary, or its great and I'm missing out big time.

#1307 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

They do offer minimal and maximum use options in the menu and you can minimize the shake with a simple adjustment. I use to put them into every Stern I bought but for some reason this time it seems to be unnecessary, or its great and I'm missing out big time.

Yes I do dial it down sometimes .. I also rotate one of the weights 90 degrees to tone it down.

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yes I do dial it down sometimes .. I also rotate one of the weights 90 degrees to tone it down.

If the leg bolts don't fall out when the shaker fires you are doing it wrong.......

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

If the leg bolts don't fall out when the shaker fires you are doing it wrong.......

Haha

#1310 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

SWLE is my first pin, and I have no plans for a collection, so I wanted the full experience. I installed a shaker on setup and can't imagine not having the mechanical vibrations every time you shoot the Tie Fighter or any of the other events that trigger it. It's not as important as the sound, video, or Hyperloop, but it sure adds to the sensory stimulation. I vote yay.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

SWLE is my first pin, and I have no plans for a collection

Post bookmarked

mittens

#1312 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Post bookmarked
mittens

hahahaha!!! Now that is FUUUNNNNY... as yes I had a first and only pin and how I have 5. Would have more but space and the amount I am ok with having tied up in these things is the limit.

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Post bookmarked
mittens

ROFL

#1314 6 years ago

yes. use shaker. i think maximal it is very mellow on this game. just right amount. some games it's over used and some shake way too hard.

#1315 6 years ago

I'm guessing this has been covered but with 27 pages of content I couldn't locate the answer.

Was playing an LE on route last night and completed all 4 of the mode groups (Hoth, Death Star, Tatooine, Endor). After my ball drained and the next ball was ready nothing was lit and I couldn't figure out what to do next. The only thing doing anything was the Force drops were strobing but hitting them did nothing. Can anyone point to a topic that discusses what to do next or advise? I felt like I was in TF with early code as myself nor the person I was playing with could figure out what needed to be done next.

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm guessing this has been covered but with 27 pages of content I couldn't locate the answer.
Was playing an LE on route last night and completed all 4 of the mode groups (Hoth, Death Star, Tatooine, Endor). After my ball drained and the next ball was ready nothing was lit and I couldn't figure out what to do next. The only thing doing anything was the Force drops were strobing but hitting them did nothing. Can anyone point to a topic that discusses what to do next or advise? I felt like I was in TF with early code as myself nor the person I was playing with could figure out what needed to be done next.

Boba fett and 100 tie fighter come to mind. Check the instant info. Will tell you what you still need to do to get to Jedi MB

#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I think you still needed to escape bobba fet and get the highest Jedi rank ... proably something else it’s in the game info if you hold the flipper . Haven’t gotten mine yet but been reading

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

If you're looking at one, check Pinball Life. $85 each if you can find a buddy to buy one at the same time as you (or if you decide to throw one in your GB as well).
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3710

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Boba fett and 100 tie fighter come to mind. Check the instant info. Will tell you what you still need to do to get to Jedi MB

Must have been Boba fett as I already had 130 or so Tie Fighters. We looked in the instant info and it wasn't real clear but we also don't know what code it was on. How would you light Boba fett at that point? Nothing was lit to be shot. Sorry for the newbie questions. Only have about 10 or so games on this and trying to figure it out.

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Must have been Boba fett as I already had 130 or so Tie Fighters. We looked in the instant info and it wasn't real clear but we also don't know what code it was on. How would you light Boba fett at that point? Nothing was lit to be shot. Sorry for the newbie questions. Only have about 10 or so games on this and trying to figure it out.

If you're not Han and can light all the shots white off the plunge, I believe making combo shots will light a shot white. Hitting a certain number of white shots will start the boba fett mode. Roving hurry up that when you collect 5-6 of them then you complete the mode.

#1321 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Roving hurry up that when you collect 5-6 of them then you complete the mode.

Don't forget the crazy strobe light effect during the mode which makes the shots difficult to hit and is awesome!

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's either Boba Fett or Jedi Master rank. For me it is almost always Jedi Master which is the last thing to accomplish before starting Jedi Multiball.-Most likely it is because it isn't something I typically shoot for during the course of a game.

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

SWLE is my first pin, and I have no plans for a collection, so I wanted the full experience. I installed a shaker on setup and can't imagine not having the mechanical vibrations every time you shoot the Tie Fighter or any of the other events that trigger it. It's not as important as the sound, video, or Hyperloop, but it sure adds to the sensory stimulation. I vote yay.

Be careful. Pinball machines breed. They do not need a partner and can breed all by themselves. The more you play the machines the more they breed!

#1324 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Be careful. Pinball machines breed. They do not need a partner and can breed all by themselves. The more you play the machines the more they breed!

Nature finds a way.

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's either Boba Fett or Jedi Master rank. For me it is almost always Jedi Master which is the last thing to accomplish before starting Jedi Multiball.-Most likely it is because it isn't something I typically shoot for during the course of a game.

Can you adjust the hits for that in the menu ? I’d like to make
It somewhat possible to get there one day . Game arrives Friday hopefully .

#1326 6 years ago

#749 just landed today....nice to join the club.

#1327 6 years ago

congrats hooked / and thanks for your modding skills. I have a very decked out Hulk le # 136

#1328 6 years ago

Someone tell me why the LEs/Prem dont have a post below the F target like that of the Pro?

jiojiojiij (resized).pngjiojiojiij (resized).png

#1329 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Someone tell me why the LEs/Prem dont have a post below the F target like that of the Pro?

Good question !!! And the ball loves to drain there. Maybe the ramps ?

#1330 6 years ago

The game f'n sucks!

#1331 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Good question !!! And the ball loves to drain there. Maybe the ramps ?

I asked SR but he didnt get back to me

#1332 6 years ago
Quoted from Cdoubleu1:

The game f'n sucks!

So...you haven't played it yet?

#1333 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

I asked SR but he didnt get back to me

Let us know what he says it’s odd didn’t notice that .

#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from Cdoubleu1:

The game f'n sucks!

4-Billy-Madison-quotes (resized).png4-Billy-Madison-quotes (resized).png

#1335 6 years ago

A mates LE waiting at the depot for delivery today.

20170922_082428 (resized).jpg20170922_082428 (resized).jpg

#1336 6 years ago

So, after a few days sitting in the box, nr 604 is set up , level.

I have never had the patience to leave a new game nib. Must be the bad vibes a lot of people are expressing the last few months.

My kids played a few games, and I noticed they kept on getting house balls on the button launch. Target bank-left outlane, and auto launch would repeat.. left them a little dissapointed. Using the shooter softly is better. But still..

I played my first game this morning, ball 1 on button launch, out, auto ,out, ball 2, out, auto out. No flips yet.

Ball 3, shooter launch, couple left to right, out, auto launch out...

So , it can only get better from here on , not worried yet..hehehe

Looks good, lightning fast and Sounds awesome, Still in .87, it wont accept any USB's we have around.. I never get why updating is such a hassle with sterns these days

#1337 6 years ago

Star Wars Premiums......crickets..

I thought they were making a batch this week? anybody have some insight?

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

A mates LE waiting at the depot for delivery today.

Is he also taking delivery of the 12,000 straws? Must be a hell of a pin party he has planned.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

My kids played a few games, and I noticed they kept on getting house balls on the button launch. Target bank-left outlane, and auto launch would repeat.. left them a little dissapointed. Using the shooter softly is better. But still..

I know what you are talking about. 'Autolaunch -> 3 target bank -> left outlane' can be annoying and it happens on my game too. Maybe if Dwight tweaks the autolaunch power or adds a setting for It, it can reduce the frequency of this happening.

Rob

#1340 6 years ago

Our LE has been installed a week. Already a competition in the house to bump someone else off the machine. I think it's a well done game. Out of the box has a "finished" code feel to it (though I know it's not), unlike Batman 66... even with latest drop still feels like a beta code unit. Mostly I think the feel comes from the video rewards the player receives for different shots/modes...(not the #### Bat Phone ringing again........)

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

So, after a few days sitting in the box, nr 604 is set up , level.
I have never had the patience to leave a new game nib. Must be the bad vibes a lot of people are expressing the last few months.
I played my first game this morning, ball 1 on button launch, out, auto ,out, ball 2, out, auto out. No flips yet.
Ball 3, shooter launch, couple left to right, out, auto launch out...
So , it can only get better from here on , not worried yet..hehehe
Looks good, lightning fast and Sounds awesome, Still in .87, it wont accept any USB's we have around.. I never get why updating is such a hassle with sterns these days

The level is more important on this game than any I've ever owned. Make sure it's level from left to right and your pitch isn't over 6.5. I had the same problems out of the box as well. You might have to tweak the right scoop as well so it doesn't go SDTM.

#1342 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Star Wars Premiums......crickets..

Mine just shipped. Arriving Monday.

#1343 6 years ago

I think Playdium (Player 1) will get a batch of premiums for Canada early October. Just in time for the real Thanksgiving

#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Just got word from my distributor that his shipment is being picked up today. I should have my premium by Tuesday or Wednesday.

#1345 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

fosaisu I installed the nudie shooter lane protector. Not that easy, but certainly doable. I pushed it back from the edge of the lane as far as I could, but it hangs over very slightly. Gives great protection, but sometimes the ball will get hung on the end of it after kick out (hope this wears slightly and it won't do it, and it makes the ball drag slightly at the beginning of the plunge. If your used to plunging at a certain strength, it may take a little more to get that golden skill shot. It does protect the edge well. Hopefully the idiosyncrasies work out as the plastics slightly wears. And whoever made the new cards...THANKS! Printed on photo paper and they look awesome!

To install the nudie shooter lane protector, did you remove the apron? Anything else major that needs to come out, or do you have access to the bolts you need at that point?

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

To install the nudie shooter lane protector, did you remove the apron? Anything else major that needs to come out, or do you have access to the bolts you need at that point?

Quoted from fosaisu:

Remove the apron, loosen the screws to the drain/kick-out lane (so you can maneuver around this and get the nudie in the right spot. Don't have to take it out, or empty the balls, just unscrew the screws about half-way), and remove the divider between the shooter lane and the right drain lane (it's the short 2 screw one just above the kick-out hole). Then you have to remove the 2 spikes that sit flush with the playfield on either side of the kick-out hole. You remove the nut under the playfield on each of these, and then use a ratchet extender to gently pound out these spikes from the playfield...use the heel of your hand to strike the ratchet extender and have someone hold pressure on the top of the playfield to get these out. (note the wings near the heads of these, as you'll have to line these up with the hole that they go in when reinstalling them). You'll have to do some of this under the playfield, but don't have to lift the field completely, just rest in on the service rails and that will work. Don't over-tighten the fasteners to install the nudie or it will warp the nudie slightly and make the ball more likely to catch. Sorry so long winded. More work that I thought, but does a good job protecting the shooter lane and seems to be holding up.

#1347 6 years ago

Here's my best so far on the latest code. This game is definitely Starting to grow on me.

20170922_144505 (resized).jpg20170922_144505 (resized).jpg

#1348 6 years ago

I received my LE 3 weeks ago and my wife and I have put 788 games on it. For the past two weeks, my shoulders and neck have been bothering me. Is there condition such as pinball shoulder?

#1349 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I received my LE 3 weeks ago and my wife and I have put 788 games on it. For the past two weeks, my shoulders and neck have been bothering me. Is there condition such as pinball shoulder?

Don't lean on the game. #1 thing I learned when I started playing insane amounts of pinball.

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't lean on the game. #1 thing I learned when I started playing insane amounts of pinball.

Exactly. Kills my wrists when I do it by mistake for too long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
There are 15,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/27?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.