SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 302.
#13901 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

The same has happened on a planet wizard mode and occasionally I’ll start one of those with 3 balls instead of just 2.

This is sometimes normal - it depends on the number of modes your character had to complete for this planet - if the planet multiball is the 3rd mode (after 2 regular modes), the planet multiball starts with 3 balls. (They shouldn't appear in the shooter lane at the same time though.) If you're sure that this should just be a 2-ball planet multiball, then yes that's a trough eject problem.

There is a software bug that puts 2 balls in the shooter lane consistently under a different condition. It happens if you use an add-a-ball (which activates the ball saver) just as another ball drains - the ball-saved ball and the added ball both get served to the shooter lane before it plunges either. I wonder if this might also be happening at the start of TIE multiball, if you lose the original ball just as the ball saver activates.

#13902 1 year ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Anyone have any pointers on how to loosen the nuts on the plate (see photo)? I tried a 11/32 socket and almost snapped my hand - so tight! Trying to mount my QR reader (speaking of which, any custom QR reader plates to mount it properly?
Thank you in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Assuming you were using a 1/4" drive socket for such a small nut, use a reducer if necessary and then a 3/8" or 1/2" drive. You just need to break the loaded tension that is has on it... and lefty loosie btw

#13903 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

There is a software bug that puts 2 balls in the shooter lane consistently under a different condition. It happens if you use an add-a-ball (which activates the ball saver) just as another ball drains - the ball-saved ball and the added ball both get served to the shooter lane before it plunges either. I wonder if this might also be happening at the start of TIE multiball, if you lose the original ball just as the ball saver activates.

I replicated the 2 balls in the shooter lane several times in a row...I will make a video so I can keep track of what's happening and report back.

#13904 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

This is sometimes normal - it depends on the number of modes your character had to complete for this planet - if the planet multiball is the 3rd mode (after 2 regular modes), the planet multiball starts with 3 balls. (They shouldn't appear in the shooter lane at the same time though.) If you're sure that this should just be a 2-ball planet multiball, then yes that's a trough eject problem.

I’ll be honest, I have no idea what add a ball is or how to activate it. I may be activating it without knowing.

#13905 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

I’ll be honest, I have no idea what add a ball is or how to activate it. I may be activating it without knowing.

Add-a-Ball in the planet mini-wizards is gained by hitting the FORCE targets repetitively. With auto-plunge, you can often get this if you skillfully drain 2 of the 3 balls in play while working the other on your shots. If not, use your 3rd ball to also aim at the FORCE targets. When you get it, the action button goes from yellow to orange.

Pressing it will add a ball to the MB, which most of us save for when our MB is about to end, which then basically restarts the MB and ball save.

#13906 1 year ago

May I ask for a pictures of the area behind the mini screen,I removed the display and am old as f and can’t remember how to reinstall the plastic guard behind the screen ,l looked in the manual and searched pictures but nothing

Sorry thanks.

#13907 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Add-a-Ball in the planet mini-wizards is gained by hitting the FORCE targets repetitively. With auto-plunge, you can often get this if you skillfully drain 2 of the 3 balls in play while working the other on your shots. If not, use your 3rd ball to also aim at the FORCE targets. When you get it, the action button goes from yellow to orange.
Pressing it will add a ball to the MB, which most of us save for when our MB is about to end, which then basically restarts the MB and ball save.

I can guarantee I never press the action button except when hitting tie fighters, selecting a mission, or choosing my character. I don’t press it in game otherwise, especially when a planet multiball starts.

#13908 1 year ago

This really is such a fantastic game - particularly to have at home.

Finally got to Emperor mode - after being 1 shot away 2 previous times!

As above - part of getting decent scores is making sure to use the add a ball in your planet multiballs, so you can get victory multiballs. I think i got 3 vicotry MB in this game. Also key to completion of the game to make it easier (in my opinion) is to really try and stack multiballs with stacked modes. So have 2 x planet modes ready to go, along with either hyperspace or tie fighter very close. Then start your stacked modes, then bring either of the mentioned mulitballs in, so the modes almost complete themselves during multiball. I think in this game i had 4 x hyperspace multiballs - with multiplier on death star shot, score cranks up pretty quick - think my bonus on last ball was 1.9B.

336528227_3480071358986904_737538674990002064_n (resized).jpg336528227_3480071358986904_737538674990002064_n (resized).jpg
#13909 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

I can guarantee I never press the action button except when hitting tie fighters, selecting a mission, or choosing my character. I don’t press it in game otherwise, especially when a planet multiball starts.

Well you need to start
May also be a slot award from pops?

#13910 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

1. Anyone ever have their game game freeze or reset on them? Mine acted weird when I first turned it on tonight. Ball drained and screen froze, music kept going like ball was in play and ball would not come out. I have a terrible wifi signal apparently in my arcade. Wondering if the game trying to connect to wifi while I am playing caused the issue. Play a couple dozen games after that without a repeat of said issue.
2. The other day I noticed for the first time that when Tie Fighter Multiball starts (by using action button to destroy Tie Fighters) the game will put 2 balls in the shooter lane before shooting them into play (unexpected behavior). ***If Tie Fighter Multiball starts (not due to the Tie Fighter mini game with the action button). Then only one ball is put into the shooter lane before shooting it into play (expected behavior).
Would someone be so kind as to try the above and see what results you get? I have repeated this several times (every time) and want to know if it's a bug as I suspect or my game is f'd.
3. I was able to start Hyperspace Multiball during Escape From Tatooine Multiball mini wizard mode...as I understand, this should no longer be possible.
Xaqery
Version 1.23 and Insider Connected (SW PRO)

Today before playing reinstalled version 1.23 this time downloaded to a jump drive instead of over wifi. For some reason all of my settings and scores were erased.

1. No freezing today. What I have noticed is occasionally when the game ends (pretty much immediately) when Obi-Wan says "May the force be with you", there is a slight hiccup (for lack of a better word) in the speech/sounds (for like a split second). Was thinking it was my new Star Wars cause my old one ( not IC) never did that. Well then I stepped over to Mando which never had this issue and it did the same thing. I just installed insider connected so it must be that as neither games did it before IC and now both do. Not a major issue obviously but unfortunately for me I notice everything.

2. Today I got Tie Fighter Multiball several times and only had the 2 balls in the shooter lane before a plunge once, and again it was when I was playing the Tie Fighter mini game (nothing else was going, no modes, no add a ball, and I had ball in play cradled). The game may have always done this and maybe it was so infrequent I never noticed? The game does put a total of 3 balls in play (correct amount for Tie Fighter Multiball).

3. Is anyone else still able to start Hyperspace Multiball during a mini wizard mode? It's not supposed to be possible anymore. I still haven't checked to see if the Hyperspace Multiball Bug is still there (ball stays stuck under Death Star until all the other balls drain *Pro Only*). I will have to pull the glass at some point and check.

4. The text off the mini screen/ overlapping text on the mini screen needs to be fixed...it's so jarring.

Xaqery

SW Pro v1.23 IC

*This pin is my favorite and it's so close to being perfect IMO. Take us to the promise land Dwight! We're almost there!

#13911 1 year ago

I bought premium and also have this issue and a few other lines in game also have this hicup

Quoted from crujones4life:Today before playing reinstalled version 1.23 this time downloaded to a jump drive instead of over wifi. For some reason all of my settings and scores were erased.
1. No freezing today. What I have noticed is occasionally when the game ends (pretty much immediately) when Obi-Wan says "May the force be with you", there is a slight hiccup (for lack of a better word) in the speech/sounds (for like a split second). Was thinking it was my new Star Wars cause my old one ( not IC) never did that. Well then I stepped over to Mando which never had this issue and it did the same thing. I just installed insider connected so it must be that as neither games did it before IC and now both do. Not a major issue obviously but unfortunately for me I notice everything.
2. Today I got Tie Fighter Multiball several times and only had the 2 balls in the shooter lane before a plunge once, and again it was when I was playing the Tie Fighter mini game (nothing else was going, no modes, no add a ball, and I had ball in play cradled). The game may have always done this and maybe it was so infrequent I never noticed? The game does put a total of 3 balls in play (correct amount for Tie Fighter Multiball).
3. Is anyone else still able to start Hyperspace Multiball during a mini wizard mode? It's not supposed to be possible anymore. I still haven't checked to see if the Hyperspace Multiball Bug is still there (ball stays stuck under Death Star until all the other balls drain *Pro Only*). I will have to pull the glass at some point and check.
4. The text off the mini screen/ overlapping text on the mini screen needs to be fixed...it's so jarring.
Xaqery
SW Pro v1.23 IC
*This pin is my favorite and it's so close to being perfect IMO. Take us to the promise land Dwight! We're almost there!

#13912 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

May I ask for a pictures of the area behind the mini screen,I removed the display and am old as f and can’t remember how to reinstall the plastic guard behind the screen ,l looked in the manual and searched pictures but nothing

Sorry thanks.

Find it a few pages back. Someone recently asked the same question and got the photos here.

#13913 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Mine will cleanly shoot one in the lane then sit there while another shoots into the lane, the both get plunged.

i've noticed that hitting the action button will sometimes stop the autoplunge from happening, could be related to your issue?

separately, lately i'm getting a lot of extra replay awards for seemingly no reason and my pop bumpers will sometimes fire even when the ball isn't anywhere near them. anyone know what switch might be going intermittent and why? i've tried the switch test and banging around on the machine but nothing fires.

#13914 1 year ago
Quoted from mpsa:

i've noticed that hitting the action button will sometimes stop the autoplunge from happening, could be related to your issue?

Interesting...possibly.

#13915 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ok I actually tried this tonight. what I mean is I actually looked at the action button during the planet multi ball. I was trying to destroy the Death Star. I had stacked Tie Fighter multi ball as well. The button was definitely blinking orange. I drained one ball and the second was headed for an outlane. I smashed the action button... nothing. second ball is heading down the outlane, smashed the button again a couple times... nothing. ball has fully drained and only one in play and I'm mashing away at the button and the only thing that's happening is my multiplier is turning on and off. never once did it add a ball.

#13916 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

Ok I actually tried this tonight. what I mean is I actually looked at the action button during the planet multi ball. I was trying to destroy the Death Star. I had stacked Tie Fighter multi ball as well. The button was definitely blinking orange. I drained one ball and the second was headed for an outlane. I smashed the action button... nothing. second ball is heading down the outlane, smashed the button again a couple times... nothing. ball has fully drained and only one in play and I'm mashing away at the button and the only thing that's happening is my multiplier is turning on and off. never once did it add a ball.

You have to hold it for like 2 full seconds. You can't just press it. Press and hold. Pretty sure it makes a sound effect.

#13917 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

White powder coat really makes it pop. Like, wow! Also mirror blades are great and really brighten the playfield. I also 3d printed translucent drop targets and got the lighting mod which looks cool. And of course ships. Mine has 3 x wings and 3 tie fighters. And a speeder. And an A wing. I've got a slave 1 but don't know where to put it. Also, if you can get them the lost world mods are super dope also!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

love it man! that looks great. though of course it does give it a heavy storm trooper vibe! Overall this star wars pin is strong in the dark side. I wonder if there's another color that would bring out the jedi side...?

Meanwhile I just randomly have double balls in my shooter lane. like 1 in a 100. I just consider it another random mini-multiball.

So... here's a question for everyone... what are your settings? I've got mine on the easiest+. I went through all the menus and made everything as long as possible (except that astroid navigation thing, which I don't really love). Tonight I blew up the deathstar and made it to victory multiball for the second or third time in three months of ownership. Haven't broken 3 billion yet, but getting close. My multiballs last forever. It's awesome. this game is so hard I don't mind putting every setting on easy. maybe one day I'll tighten up. I'm still only doing three balls though. So what are your settings?

#13918 1 year ago

Anyone here see the Factory Friday video from Stern? There were a bunch of Foofighters and a lone Star Wars LE on the line! Any idea why that would be? Warranty work? Special one off for someone of importance? Stern’s upcoming BTTF transforms into a DeLorean (that when 88 mph is hit, some serious shit is seen) and Stern travels back to 2017 to grab an LE?!

#13919 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Tonight I blew up the deathstar and made it to victory multiball for the second or third time in three months of ownership. Haven't broken 3 billion yet, but getting close. My multiballs last forever. It's awesome. this game is so hard I don't mind putting every setting on easy. maybe one day I'll tighten up. I'm still only doing three balls though. So what are your settings?

I kept everything at factory settings, except the thresholds for the extra balls from missions and TIE fighters, which I set to the defaults (5 and 80) instead of auto-increasing. Playing well shouldn't punish me by making those harder, and I could just play bad games on purpose to make it decrease again.

#13920 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

So... here's a question for everyone... what are your settings? So what are your settings?

Factory except the following...extra ball is lit after completion of 2 missions and does NOT auto adjust ( I hate auto adjusting settings like this!) Also, extra ball is lit after destruction of 90 Tie Fighters and does NOT auto adjust. ***This is how the game was setup initially, before the auto adjust for these settings was added in updates.

#13921 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I kept everything at factory settings, except the thresholds for the extra balls from missions and TIE fighters, which I set to the defaults (5 and 80) instead of auto-increasing. Playing well shouldn't punish me by making those harder, and I could just play bad games on purpose to make it decrease again.

Lol...I must have been typing my response as you posted yours. I agree with you 100%. Settings should not auto adjust. Free game thresholds, sure.

#13922 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Find it a few pages back. Someone recently asked the same question and got the photos here.

Found it.
Thanks

#13923 1 year ago

Installed mirror blades last night. I’m in love.

2005D091-CD77-4150-8D24-7A2E3E53729B (resized).jpeg2005D091-CD77-4150-8D24-7A2E3E53729B (resized).jpeg4E762364-449C-4067-8B0F-65877F18B37D (resized).jpeg4E762364-449C-4067-8B0F-65877F18B37D (resized).jpeg
#13924 1 year ago

.... Trying to mount my QR reader (speaking of which, any custom QR reader plates to mount it properly?
Thank you in advance.

I have 3D printed QR mounting brackets that look great in the standard Stern USA coin doors, but looking at your photo, that coin door is much different. I doubt mine would fit your coin door. Maybe others can help. Can we see a pic of the front of the coin door?

1-Node 1 Kit-sm (resized).jpg1-Node 1 Kit-sm (resized).jpg
#13925 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I have 3D printed QR mounting brackets that look great in the standard Stern USA coin doors, but looking at your photo, that coin door is much different. I doubt mine would fit your coin door. Maybe others can help. Can we see a pic of the front of the coin door?[quoted image]

Thank you! Here’s a pic of the front

C9085108-B41B-4904-BB35-0BD8C2126DEE (resized).jpegC9085108-B41B-4904-BB35-0BD8C2126DEE (resized).jpeg
#13926 1 year ago

I took out the ic connect usb and my distorted sound and occasional screen freeze went away on my SW premium

#13927 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I took out the ic connect usb and my distorted sound and occasional screen freeze went away on my SW premium

Quoted from PinFever:

Are you talking about the wifi dongle?

#13928 1 year ago

Yes

Quoted from crujones4life:Are you talking about the wifi dongle?

#13929 1 year ago

Ok good. That confirms those are IC issues separate from the game itself. Hopefully will be addressed in an update.

#13930 1 year ago

Thank you! Here’s a pic of the front[quoted image]

Yeah, unfortunately the opening on your coin door is much smaller than the USA coin door (see pics). Sorry I don't have a smaller adapter but there are other folks who are making coin door QR mounting adapters and perhaps someone else has a solution. If you do find a proper coin door mount, note that a long 10 foot LAN cable is wasted money and not needed. Using the lower cabinet Node 1 board as access, you only need a 6 inch LAN cable and a straight pass-thru RJ-45 splitter as shown in my previous post pic. I hope your quest is successful!

2-Coin_Door_Adapter-1-sm (resized).jpg2-Coin_Door_Adapter-1-sm (resized).jpg5-Coin_Door_Adapter-3-sm (resized).jpg5-Coin_Door_Adapter-3-sm (resized).jpg
#13931 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Yeah, unfortunately the opening on your coin door is much smaller than the USA coin door (see pics). Sorry I don't have a smaller adapter but there are other folks who are making coin door QR mounting adapters and perhaps someone else has a solution. If you do find a proper coin door mount, note that a long 10 foot LAN cable is wasted money and not needed. Using the lower cabinet Node 1 board as access, you only need a 6 inch LAN cable and a straight pass-thru RJ-45 splitter as shown in my previous post pic. I hope your quest is successful![quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks again! I had a spare 3m CAT5e cable, so I did run it all the way to the spare RJ45 slot on the backboard. I currently have the QR reader sitting on top of the cashbox till some parts come through for the coin door mod.

#13932 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

Installed mirror blades last night. I’m in love.

I still haven't chosen side art yet. The blades look friggin awesome! Def leaning that way. Any of you guys get noticeable scratching on them after a while? I mean after lifting the playfield a bunch of times?

#13933 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I still haven't chosen side art yet. The blades look friggin awesome! Def leaning that way. Any of you guys get noticeable scratching on them after a while? I mean after lifting the playfield a bunch of times?

The art blade protectors (PBL sells them as well as a couple other places) are very cheap insurance against scratching. It’s just a piece of semi thick plastic to cover the art blades when you lift the playfield. I haven’t had to lift the playfield yet, but I got a pair just in case. I can’t guarantee it prevents all damage, but greatly lessens the chance.

#13934 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

The art blade protectors (PBL sells them as well as a couple other places) are very cheap insurance against scratching. It’s just a piece of semi thick plastic to cover the art blades when you lift the playfield. I haven’t had to lift the playfield yet, but I got a pair just in case. I can’t guarantee it prevents all damage, but greatly lessens the chance.

Going to order a pair of those today. Thanks.

#13935 1 year ago

I have a couple questions for y'all. Just playing this in the arcade and I don't understand a couple of things.

If I hit the lockdown bar button, it toggles the lights on the multipliers shots between on and off. There must be some advantage to toggling off, but I can't guess it. What is it?

Which loop or ramp is the hyperspace shot? It's not labeled.

Same question for death star. I'm not sure if it's there loop where you lock, or the ramp beside it

Do you eventually get to play all 4 characters on over game? Or is whoever you start with your character for the whole game?

And how do I relight escape?

#13936 1 year ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I have a couple questions for y'all. Just playing this in the arcade and I don't understand a couple of things.
If I hit the lockdown bar button, it toggles the lights on the multipliers shots between on and off. There must be some advantage to toggling off, but I can't guess it. What is it?
Same question for death star. I'm not sure if it's there loop where you lock, or the ramp beside it
Do you eventually get to play all 4 characters on over game? Or is whoever you start with your character for the whole game?

To move the multiplier to a preferred shot (while red).

Hyperspace and Death Star shot are both the left side of the horseshoe shot. It becomes a Hyperspace shot under specific conditions.

Only way your playing all 4 characters in one game is if you defeat the Emperor 3 times in one game.

Relight escape with mystery scoop award (and possibly pops award).

#13937 1 year ago

You can also light escape with the first (maybe second) force target award

#13938 1 year ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Not to be rude or anything, but you need to look at a rule sheet. There is a LOT to this game that you don't know and to answer your questions would take many posts and it would be taking everyone back to the beginning.

#13939 1 year ago

when the multipliers are 'off', you can move them around to the desired shots and turn them back 'on' to get your multiplier for the shot. also, as the multiplier increases, the lanes go from 3 to 2, than 1.

#13940 1 year ago

Hello all I'll be an official member of the club tomrrow with my Star wars arrives.
I've been making mods specifically button wear protectors that install easy and without screws and match the default stern rails.
So I figured... got to make star wars.

If anyone is interested they'll be in my store
Right now I have rebel alliance logo but will have a empire logo soon and well as a combo (one logo for each side)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08183--flipper-button-wear-protectors-for-star-wars-pinball

here are some pictures of the star wars (not on cabinet yet as well as a generic blank and 007 applied to the cabinet.
Have a great weekend everyone!

bond (resized).jpgbond (resized).jpgred (resized).JPGred (resized).JPGrush (resized).jpgrush (resized).jpgsilver (resized).JPGsilver (resized).JPGwhite (resized).JPGwhite (resized).JPG
#13941 1 year ago

All, I had posted a while back regarding some strange issues with my new SW premium, it was auto launching at times without letting you select character or mission. Feedback indicated likely a switch issue, something on the playfield making contact thus initiating the game immediately. I ran many switch tests and looked everywhere for what could be the cause. I never found the fault. I contacted Stern & one of their techs was assisting me, but then suddenly it never did it again & after a couple weeks of playing every other day or so without issue, I let it go, assuming it may have been a switch making contact that self adjusted with play. Regardless, it seemed to not be an issue. Until tonight!

I have some new info & hoping someone may have experienced this and point me to a potential cause. Aside from auto launching occasionally tonight (Sometimes at age start, sometimes 2nd player, sometimes on ball 2 or 3). During multiplayer, often the 2nd player could not select a character, but it didn't auto launch. Most interesting though is I am now noticing that when the game starts there are already points !! And it's a different amount of points each time, like 4 million & change or 5 million & change, etc. I investigated a bit and the points immediately show up when the ball rolls over the switch in the shooter lane.

It also happens occasionally on ball 2 or ball 3 during a game (points will be added to your total as soon as the ball hits the rollover switch) !?!?

Example; I just drained ball 2 playing Luke, for ball 3 I selected "light tatoine missions", I had 149,450,320 points - as soon as I launched ball 3 and the ball hit the rollover switch, boom, I suddenly had 239 million and change - what the ?!?!

appreciate any assistance or advice, I will contact STERN again, but I anticipate all of these issues are related to the same root cause, I just need help finding it

thanks!

#13942 1 year ago

If you can select your ball-start award and the game doesn't auto-plunge, most likely nothing is wrong. Some of the ball-start awards do give points, which will be added as soon as the ball hits the switch up the shooter lane. Jedi Training in particular does this and shows up on Luke's menu. I think the light-mission choices and +5 Tie fighters also award a few million. I can't think of anything that would award almost 100 million just from the plunge, though there might be something that can.

One possible cause of phantom switch hits while the ball is still in the plunger lane is if the spinner is still spinning after a fast drain - do you have a really slick spinner?

For physical switches, take a look at the one above the Force targets, behind the rubber there. This triggers no game features, but it's often gapped really tight so vibrations trigger it.

#13943 1 year ago

Just had Midnight Madness come up, its awesome! Why the hell would D make them remove it?????

#13944 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

If you can select your ball-start award and the game doesn't auto-plunge, most likely nothing is wrong. Some of the ball-start awards do give points, which will be added as soon as the ball hits the switch up the shooter lane. Jedi Training in particular does this and shows up on Luke's menu. I think the light-mission choices and +5 Tie fighters also award a few million. I can't think of anything that would award almost 100 million just from the plunge, though there might be something that can.
One possible cause of phantom switch hits while the ball is still in the plunger lane is if the spinner is still spinning after a fast drain - do you have a really slick spinner?
For physical switches, take a look at the one above the Force targets, behind the rubber there. This triggers no game features, but it's often gapped really tight so vibrations trigger it.

thanks! very helpful - its bizzare that by design some modes would immediately give points, but I was wondering that myself - Ill see if STERN can confirm or provide more insight to what & why. But I agree the 100M plus that I got on the 3rd ball plunge does not seem to be right. Since it does still skip the select screen and sometimes auto plunge - there is something amiss and I assume its all realted

Ill check that switch today - any others that might be culprits? I assume the force switches are not since they are optos, I have had the playfield up and investigated every switch and all seemed to be fine, as did connectors & all wiring. What I fear is that this could be a board issue - but can't get any tractions chasing that possibility ??

thanks again

#13945 1 year ago

The points from the ball-start awards are all indirect. Lighting missions gives points because lighting missions always gives points from any method. Jedi Training gives points because a Jedi level-up always gives points. +5 Tie fighters gives points because Tie fighters always give points. Doing this is consistent with the rest of the game; it's not really intentionally designed to give points for plunging, it's a knock-on effect of whichever game feature you chose.

Besides the switch I mentioned, other common culprits on any game are the slingshots and in/outlanes, though you'd probably notice if they were triggering. Also the spinner, if it's still spinning from a previous ball, or if it happened to stop in the upside-down position and then dislodged itself.

#13946 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The points from the ball-start awards are all indirect. Lighting missions gives points because lighting missions always gives points from any method. Jedi Training gives points because a Jedi level-up always gives points. +5 Tie fighters gives points because Tie fighters always give points. Doing this is consistent with the rest of the game; it's not really intentionally designed to give points for plunging, it's a knock-on effect of whichever game feature you chose.
Besides the switch I mentioned, other common culprits on any game are the slingshots and in/outlanes, though you'd probably notice if they were triggering. Also the spinner, if it's still spinning from a previous ball, or if it happened to stop in the upside-down position and then dislodged itself.

OK, thanks!

So I should be able to determine which "path" selected should give points based on that path correct? That will allow me to at least test all characters/all paths & determine if anythign there is unusual/incorrect

#13947 1 year ago

Just throwing this out there, but I think we shold all petition Stern to include Coop in the next software update. I cannot think of a more obvious title to include this feature. Each person picks a character and you all work together toward destroying the emperor. Abosolutely obvious feature which shold be included and would add so much value for people who play this game at home with family. Also the title is difficult enough that it would still be hard to defeat the emperor even with cooperative play. My TNA gets so much play at my house mostly due to the cooperative play feature. Its also an amazing game but coop play has a big part in it too. Anyone know how we approach Stern about this? Or am I the only one who thinks this is a good idea?

#13949 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

I've been playing this game for 4 months and only yesterday I finally managed all 9 reactors, when I destroyed this last reactor I had time to see the congratulations message on the screen and all the coils activated as during the destruction of the ring on the LOTR, and the ball did not return then left finished.
I specify that it was the last ball and that I was in mode co-operation 2 players (never succeeded with 1 player, I arrived at 8 reactors maximum) and the end of party screen which shows "YOU FAILED" ?? ?it does the same for you ?

Might be the wrong thread

#13950 1 year ago

OK, I think I have determined that points are awarded immediately in this game depending on what "path" you choose.

Can anyone explain how the points are determined? Specifically for "light xxxx missions" ?

I have observed the following and am curious as h___. to understand how its determined:

points seem to be some form of percentage of the total points yo already have - example, if I start a new game choosing tatoine - it gives me ~ 3M points, if I select it on ball 2 after having already scored say 50M points, it gives me about 15M. and I observed that on ball 3 when I already had 140M, it gave me 70M !!

points also seem to be awarded differently depending on which planet, death star seems to award the most

finally, I have confirmed that the same thing happens when you qualify/light the planet on teh playfield by hitting the shot 3 times, same magnitude of points depending on what you already have

and yet, the exact amount seems to vary every time I start a new game ??

understanding this would be valuable, I am assuming this is all by design, but explained nowhere

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/279 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.