SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 302.
#13751 1 year ago

Just joined the club. Had a few games and got this cracker score. Starting to work out multipliers. Completed all modes and escaped from 3 planets just had one shot to make to start escape from Tatooine and choked!

PXL_20230209_072909581 (resized).jpgPXL_20230209_072909581 (resized).jpg
#13752 1 year ago

Well I thought that was decent and then came home from work and my 12 yr old son beat me. He said he got to do all wizard mode!

PXL_20230210_065112918 (resized).jpgPXL_20230210_065112918 (resized).jpg
#13753 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Cool. Please share some pics when you can. Thanks!

IMG_20230210_104123262 (resized).jpgIMG_20230210_104123262 (resized).jpgIMG_20230210_104147666 (resized).jpgIMG_20230210_104147666 (resized).jpgIMG_20230210_104336977 (resized).jpgIMG_20230210_104336977 (resized).jpg

I rerouted the HDMI cable around the post. the ball still rolls off the plastic protector on the back. standoffs I just threw in the coin box it gives it a better computer look on the front as well and it does change the visibility quite a bit, I don't personally really need it as I'm 6'4 but the kids really love Star wars and my son was having trouble seeing the lanes

#13754 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I found the image online, cleaned it up in photoshop (took out some creases), sized it, had it printed! $60!

Where did you have it printed? I'd like to try this myself.

#13755 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Well I thought that was decent and then came home from work and my 12 yr old son beat me. He said he got to do all wizard mode!
[quoted image]

but it WAS decent !
congrats to your son than

#13756 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

[quoted image]

If it makes you feel any better, my top score is still only about a third of yours.

Which characters were you guys using?

#13757 1 year ago
Quoted from Jai151:

If it makes you feel any better, my top score is still only about a third of yours.
Which characters were you guys using?

Han Solo, then light Tatooine

#13758 1 year ago

I’m getting better. I think… I had done everything except escape from Boba Fett and complete one more Tatooine mission then escape from Tatooine. Ran into a bug right after I activated hyperspace multiball where the ball exited the hyperspace loop because time ran out but I still had the second ball in play. I may have also had a planet escape going too. I made the Hoth shot and the ball got stopped behind the death star ramp because it was up. Kept playing until the second ball got stuck there too. The mini LCD kept showing hyperspace multiball and the millennium falcon progressing, 7.xxx parsecs and whatever the jackpot was. The game had to do a lost ball search to release them.

Anyway, this was playing R2-D2 after a few dismal games as Han. There may have also been a small attempt to achieve Ballmer’s peak which lead to this score.

A8C577E0-C88F-4ABF-A443-3C642B32F302 (resized).jpegA8C577E0-C88F-4ABF-A443-3C642B32F302 (resized).jpeg

#13759 1 year ago

I had my best ever game of SW tonight by far, smashing my previous best by 8 billion. I played as Luke and beat everything, except for one thing: I couldn't start "Escape From Boba Fett" for the life of me. So no battling the Emporer (never have done it). So close though.

Screenshot_20230210-234602_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230210-234602_Video Player (resized).jpg
#13760 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I had my best ever game of SW tonight by far, smashing my previous best by 8 billion. I played as Luke and beat everything, except for one thing: I couldn't start "Escape From Boba Fett" for the life of me. So no battling the Emporer (never have done it). So close though.
[quoted image]

Bitch, I was updating my machine wifi earlier to take care of your Light Saber score now this.
Knewm I should have just used a thumb drive and not lost hours to drinking.

#13761 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Bitch, I was updating my machine wifi earlier to take care of your Light Saber score now this.
Knewm I should have just used a thumb drive and not lost hours to drinking.

Some nights it just ain't in the cards
20230211_012237.jpg20230211_012237.jpg

Edit: new update slam tilted during LSD, never slammed before tonight

#13762 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Where did you have it printed? I'd like to try this myself.

https://gameongrafix.com/

#13763 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some nights it just ain't in the cards
[quoted image]
Edit: new update slam tilted during LSD, never slammed before tonight

Player 2 is really crowding your space there

#13764 1 year ago

Not the high scores some of you are dropping but was still pretty proud of myself on this one. Officially have broken a billion with all characters with this one too!

22FF7A42-A86B-49BF-ABA9-8E63ECDBD224 (resized).jpeg22FF7A42-A86B-49BF-ABA9-8E63ECDBD224 (resized).jpeg
#13765 1 year ago

Bought the Lermods Millennium Falcon mod and the instructions call for it to go into CN9 inside the coin door. It’s already used from something in the game. Not sure where to plug this into?

8C09B99C-0A2B-4E56-BB27-F071C56ABE91 (resized).jpeg8C09B99C-0A2B-4E56-BB27-F071C56ABE91 (resized).jpeg
#13766 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Bought the Lermods Millennium Falcon mod and the instructions call for it to go into CN9 inside the coin door. It’s already used from something in the game. Not sure where to plug this into?
[quoted image]

There is a good chance that’s just a small jumper harness that runs to the coin door so you can hookup a dollar bill accepter easier. See if you can follow the harness and find the other end. Its probably not plugged into anything.

#13767 1 year ago

The Stern Falcon just plugs in under the playfield. I wonder if the plug is different on the Lermods version.

#13768 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I rerouted the HDMI cable around the post. the ball still rolls off the plastic protector on the back. standoffs I just threw in the coin box it gives it a better computer look on the front as well and it does change the visibility quite a bit, I don't personally really need it as I'm 6'4 but the kids really love Star wars and my son was having trouble seeing the lanes

I am trying to figure out what you did...

#13769 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I am trying to figure out what you did...

Lowered the screen, put the bracket for the little monitor right on the studs after removing the standoffs

#13770 1 year ago

I used to be able to hit that hyperspace loop I swear. It's killing me these days
20230212_003113.jpg20230212_003113.jpg

Happy I tilted out 2 or 3 balls

#13771 1 year ago

Another phantom slam tilt after latest update.
This one happened right as Tittyine MB started

#13772 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Another phantom slam tilt after latest update.
This one happened right as Tittyine MB started

Wasn't this a previous issue on older Star Wars runs with a shaker?

#13773 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Wasn't this a previous issue on older Star Wars runs with a shaker?

Interesting...I never had the issue before (have a shaker) so might have gone unnoticed to me.

#13774 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Interesting...I never had the issue before (have a shaker) so might have gone unnoticed to me.

There is some kind of capacitor kit/adapter thingy you can get to remedy the problem. It's in this thread somewhere...

#13775 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

There is some kind of capacitor kit/adapter thingy you can get to remedy the problem. It's in this thread somewhere...

Ah yes I remember that, thanks

#13776 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I used to be able to hit that hyperspace loop I swear.

Like seriously...goddamn Death Star is becoming mental. BALL 1 and ending with zero missions

20230212_014458.jpg20230212_014458.jpg
#13777 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

[quoted image]

That stock connector is for a dollar bill adapter, which I’m going to guess you don’t have. Unplug it and plug in the falcon.

#13778 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Like seriously...goddamn Death Star is becoming mental. BALL 1 and ending with zero missions
[quoted image]

Can you backhand it from a left flipper cradle on the Pro? If so, I know the shot would be pretty tight at that angle.

#13779 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah, there's something really weird about the angle of that shot, it messes with your perception. I get the yips on it all the time and can't hit it at all... then an hour later I'm nailing it just fine.

I'm always more consistent hitting it by backhand from the left flipper. (except a premium when the fork ramp is raised, but even that is possible on some machines, including the premium on location nearest me.)

#13780 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Can you backhand it from a left flipper cradle on the Pro? If so, I know the shot would be pretty tight at that angle.

Back hand is doable but it was scewing with me yesterday

#13781 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yeah, there's something really weird about the angle of that shot, it messes with your perception. I get the yips on it all the time and can't hit it at all... then an hour later I'm nailing it just fine.
I'm always more consistent hitting it by backhand from the left flipper. (except a premium when the fork ramp is raised, but even that is possible on some machines, including the premium on location nearest me.)

Glad I'm not alone. I struggle a lot with that shot. I can back hand it but its really really hard to get it just right on my Premium.

#13782 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Glad I'm not alone. I struggle a lot with that shot. I can back hand it but its really really hard to get it just right on my Premium.

For those with Premiums who backhand the death star shot. Are you shooting from cradle or slow roll back from tip or... I've made one or two backhand shots but they were accidental and have not been repeatable. When I do make the death star shot it's from the right flipper on a full roll down the in lane with a solid shove (not enough to warn or tilt) at end of the flip.

#13783 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

For those with Premiums who backhand the death star shot. Are you shooting from cradle or slow roll back from tip or... I've made one or two backhand shots but they were accidental and have not been repeatable. When I do make the death star shot it's from the right flipper on a full roll down the in lane with a solid shove (not enough to warn or tilt) at end of the flip.

Always from a cradle. I can't do it any other way with the left flipper.

#13784 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Yes, from a full cradle on the left flipper. It's always possible when the fork ramp is down (or on a Pro without it.) On some machines, it's possible with the premium fork ramp raised. The key is that the flipper needs to be adjusted upwards so its resting position is a couple millimeters above the usual centering indicator. There's a premium on location near me that's deliberately adjusted to make that possible. The flipper also has to be perfectly snappy and strong, not weak from a bad coil stop or overheating or anything else.

From the right flipper, the fork ramp should be 100% makeable from a cradle, without needing a rolling ball or a shove or anything. If it's not makeable, then that flipper is too weak and needs repair (most likely the coil stop.)

The other problem with the fork ramp shot is the height of the wireform above it that goes into the death star. Sometimes incoming balls are hitting the underside of that. There is a nut at an adjustment point to adjust that height. You want it as high as it can go without balls on it hitting the ceiling of the death star, to make more room underneath it for balls incoming up the fork ramp.

#13785 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yes, from a full cradle on the left flipper. It's always possible when the fork ramp is down (or on a Pro without it.) On some machines, it's possible with the premium fork ramp raised. The key is that the flipper needs to be adjusted upwards so its resting position is a couple millimeters above the usual centering indicator. There's a premium on location near me that's deliberately adjusted to make that possible. The flipper also has to be perfectly snappy and strong, not weak from a bad coil stop or overheating or anything else.
From the right flipper, the fork ramp should be 100% makeable from a cradle, without needing a rolling ball or a shove or anything. If it's not makeable, then that flipper is too weak and needs repair (most likely the coil stop.)
The other problem with the fork ramp shot is the height of the wireform above it that goes into the death star. Sometimes incoming balls are hitting the underside of that. There is a nut at an adjustment point to adjust that height. You want it as high as it can go without balls on it hitting the ceiling of the death star, to make more room underneath it for balls incoming up the fork ramp.

Anybody have any pictures of this adjustment. I made what I thought were the right adjustments when I first got my game. Made it worse so I went back a bit. Didn't seem to make the shot any easier. Maybe I was adjusting the wrong thing.

#13786 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The key is that the flipper needs to be adjusted upwards so its resting position is a couple millimeters above the usual centering indicator.

I disagree on this. IMHO the premium with raised fork is not backhandable. Mine is perfectly adjusted, and it didnt even do that when brand new. Before I got it is was thoroughly checked by my distributor. Changing the flippers' resting position is not something I would call an adjustment, as it changes the entire alignment of the game. But then again, there are people putting in siamese posts in the outlane or longer flippers on ghostbusters, too... whatever akes you enjoy your game most, i guess.

#13787 1 year ago

I’ve been able to backhand the death star shot from my left flipper on my premium. But I have never gotten it into the hyperspace loop doing that. It always goes up then rolls back down and sometimes isn’t powerful enough to make it up the ramp. Mine has done this since day one brand new. I did adjust the wire form up a little bit but that’s also because one of my plastics was getting bent due to the wire form contacting a post in the plastic just to the side of the fork ramp. My coil power settings are all the same from factory and never changed.

So I can make the Death Star shot from the left flipper with the forks down but can’t make the hyperspace shot (forks up). I can make either shot from the right flipper but only on a slow roll, not a cradle.

In my opinion, adjusting flipper angle or placement is not a standard adjustment.

#13788 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

I’ve been able to backhand the death star shot from my left flipper on my premium. But I have never gotten it into the hyperspace loop doing that. It always goes up then rolls back down and sometimes isn’t powerful enough to make it up the ramp. Mine has done this since day one brand new. I did adjust the wire form up a little bit but that’s also because one of my plastics was getting bent due to the wire form contacting a post in the plastic just to the side of the fork ramp. My coil power settings are all the same from factory and never changed.
So I can make the Death Star shot from the left flipper with the forks down but can’t make the hyperspace shot (forks up). I can make either shot from the right flipper but only on a slow roll, not a cradle.
In my opinion, adjusting flipper angle or placement is not a standard adjustment.

This has been my experience as well on the Premium/LE with stock flippers. Has anyone tried this with those new Precision Flippers yet? those seem to have different characteristics from stock and may be worth trying.

#13789 1 year ago

Hmmm...I've been able to do it but its tough. I actually have my flipper power reduced a touch from default.

#13790 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I disagree on this. IMHO the premium with raised fork is not backhandable. Mine is perfectly adjusted, and it didnt even do that when brand new. Before I got it is was thoroughly checked by my distributor. Changing the flippers' resting position is not something I would call an adjustment, as it changes the entire alignment of the game. But then again, there are people putting in siamese posts in the outlane or longer flippers on ghostbusters, too... whatever akes you enjoy your game most, i guess.

I mean, I can do it routinely on the premium that's near me. I didn't set up that machine, am I supposed to not do that shot?

The flipper alignment isn't a constant from the factory. Different individual machines can vary by several millimeters. Stern's assemblers aren't perfectly accurate. Some Star Wars premiums can backhand the fork ramp straight from the factory. We've had a few reports of that in this thread over the years. It's uncommon but some copies of the game do happen to have the left flipper aligned high enough. I think it's pretty hard to argue against adjusting other copies of the game to do what at least some are capable of; that's nothing like an outlane blocker or precision flippers or whatever else.

#13791 1 year ago

I can on mine.

#13792 1 year ago

I can make the death star shot pretty reliable from the left flipper on my LE but only If the fork is down. Only once i was able to backhand it into the hyperloop but most of the time it either doesn't make the ramp at all or rejects it. Will only try it with the ramp down, i think it was never intented with the fork up.

#13793 1 year ago

if only steve ritchie would weight in on this!

#13794 1 year ago

I can backhand deathstar shot on my premium for more than 5 years! Love this game since day one and backhand deathstar 1000 times for sure. Not an easy shot and not supposed to be.

#13795 1 year ago

I can backhand up the fork easier than I can hitting off the right flipper. Bought this from my friend and he had that thing dialed in perfectly. I can only backhand it off a cradle though. I’ve only successfully hit it in the fly few times and it was more luck than skill.

#13796 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

is there such a thing as too many mods....?

Yes. Some look worse than a 3 year old's play closet. Of course YMMV.

#13797 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

1) I'm getting better at the death star/hyperspace shot. I had two balls in the hyperspace loop today for the first time and that was friggin' AWESOME!

Yep. for sure. I've managed to get 2 - what a rush trying for 3! Luv it!

#13798 1 year ago

Hey, anyone with the latest code with soundtrack files please pm me. I got a new comic art and can find my downloaded file…

#13799 1 year ago

Backhand into the hyperloop is a totally makeable shot on mine. If there is already a ball in there, however, it can interfere with that one because it's a slow shot.

#13800 1 year ago

The backhand shot is makeable on mine, but it is dangerous. Time it just a little late and it's a direct bank off the post and out the side

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/276?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.