IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 301.
#13701 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Some days this game just comes through with the moments you yearn for when playing pinball. Didn't beat my GC, but blew up the Death Star and locked 3 balls in the hyper loop in the same game. Made my night.

Hell yeah. Love that completing a planet multiball, lightsaber dual, escape Boba Fett, etc. is just so damn satisfying.

#13702 1 year ago

Just picked up my pro (okay, picked it up Saturday, but been too busy playing to post ), and I am in love!

Threw a backboard illumination kit and a custom shooter rod on, the addiction is real…

101BF8CF-A789-4DF5-8BE2-DADB8CBB4944 (resized).jpeg101BF8CF-A789-4DF5-8BE2-DADB8CBB4944 (resized).jpeg21851381-C8F1-49C9-9653-45322B3C584E (resized).jpeg21851381-C8F1-49C9-9653-45322B3C584E (resized).jpeg
#13703 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Some days this game just comes through with the moments you yearn for when playing pinball. Didn't beat my GC, but blew up the Death Star and locked 3 balls in the hyper loop in the same game. Made my night.

And then there are days that make you shake your head and question why you even like this game anyway. The last few days I’ve played 3-4 games each day and couldn’t even crack 150M in any game and my worst game I couldn’t even start a mission…

#13704 1 year ago

So…. is there a code update???
Because I had my game on while playing another game, and all of the sudden it just started doing a code update…

CBA15264-3E53-4AED-BCD6-B9E3CE2E240A (resized).jpegCBA15264-3E53-4AED-BCD6-B9E3CE2E240A (resized).jpeg
#13705 1 year ago

That’s why I disabled auto download/updates as soon as I could find that setting. What version did it end up installing? v1.23.0 is what I have and the latest according to Stern’s game code support page.

#13706 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

And then there are days that make you shake your head and question why you even like this game anyway. The last few days I’ve played 3-4 games each day and couldn’t even crack 150M in any game and my worst game I couldn’t even start a mission…

I haven’t gotten to the point of questioning if I like it any more. Sometimes I’ll reset if I have a bad ball 1 and start over. Sometimes I realize it’s just not my day on that machine and move on to another one.

#13707 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

When people ask, "they never do", I tell them to get games that have different types of action and moments. Star Wars could be a good addition to any collection because of the variety speed.

#13708 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

So…. is there a code update???
Because I had my game on while playing another game, and all of the sudden it just started doing a code update…[quoted image]

well, you should have the reply to your own ask, what version do you read right now ?

#13709 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Did any of you install the Stern art blades? If so, is it worth $160 for the 3 sets?

On this topic, which art blades look the best (opinions welcome)? I am struggling choosing between the Wizmods ones and Pingraffics ones - nervous that the amount of spaceship activity will be too busy in the pin ?? Kind of like the idea of just space with planets & stars...

I haven't really considered the stern set since I can't figure why I would spend 2x to get extras that will never be used, I won't change them once they are in - but hadn't thought of someone selling me an extra...

thanks!

#13710 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

On this topic, which art blades look the best (opinions welcome)? I am struggling choosing between the Wizmods ones and Pingraffics ones - nervous that the amount of spaceship activity will be too busy in the pin ?? Kind of like the idea of just space with planets & stars...
I haven't really considered the stern set since I can't figure why I would spend 2x to get extras that will never be used, I won't change them once they are in - but hadn't thought of someone selling me an extra...
thanks!

Mirror blades!

#13711 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

thanks!

I don't plan to swap them out either. I really liked the Wizmods blades. If somebody had an extra pair of the Stern ones, I would probably just buy the set from them.

#13713 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

thanks!

I went with the Stern ones. I think they are the best made ones personally. The material is thick, durable, and easy to peel and reposition multiple times if you need to. I personally went with the Han and Leia art blades from the set as I think they looked the best and weren't obstructed by the Hyper Loop on the premium. I wanted to use the Yoda one, but he was blocked from view. I ended up giving my spare art blades to my distro to give out to others in need

#13714 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I went with the Stern ones. I think they are the best made ones personally. The material is thick, durable, and easy to peel and reposition multiple times if you need to. I personally went with the Han and Leia art blades from the set as I think they looked the best and weren't obstructed by the Hyper Loop on the premium. I wanted to use the Yoda one, but he was blocked from view. I ended up giving my spare art blades to my distro to give out to others in need

Thanks,

if anyone has any spare stern ones to sell, pls let me know. I have installed the Wizmods ones on my Godzilla and they were also very high quality and easy to install/move

#13715 1 year ago

Are the art blades pretty interchangeable between machines? I want to keep the space theme consistent with the backboard art, but the ones that seem to match best are ones advertised for Star Trek with a fairly generic planets and stars artwork

#13716 1 year ago
Quoted from Jai151:

Are the art blades pretty interchangeable between machines? I want to keep the space theme consistent with the backboard art, but the ones that seem to match best are ones advertised for Star Trek with a fairly generic planets and stars artwork

I was going to ask that same question, I also like the star trek ones, I assume dimensionally they would be the same ? but color matching - has anyone put star trek blades in star wars ??

#13717 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

When people ask, "they never do", I tell them to get games that have different types of action and moments. Star Wars could be a good addition to any collection because of the variety speed.

This is good advice, once you get past a couple machines I feel you should be looking at what a new pin brings to your collection as a whole rather than only the game itself. Get different styles of machines, get machines from multiple different designers.

Star Wars is on my short list but I recently picked up a TMNT as my "fast and brutal" machine so I don't think I want another one just yet (even though Ritchie would be a new designer for me) - will get something else for now and circle back later.

#13718 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Star Wars is on my short list but I recently picked up a TMNT as my "fast and brutal" machine so I don't think I want another one just yet (even though Ritchie would be a new designer for me) - will get something else for now and circle back later.

TMNT's scoring is just a little too demoralizing for me. There's just a big mental difference between a "bad" game ending with over 100 mil and ending with ~3-5 mil

Not a huge fan of the CG art in the modes either, but the actual gameplay of it is certainly fun once you get the feel

#13719 1 year ago
Quoted from Jai151:

TMNT's scoring is just a little too demoralizing for me. There's just a big mental difference between a "bad" game ending with over 100 mil and ending with ~3-5 mil
Not a huge fan of the CG art in the modes either, but the actual gameplay of it is certainly fun once you get the feel

I installed the 1987 code, so it's all video from the original cartoon series instead - much better

The score doesn't bother me, I know that different machines in my collection have different point scales and mentally I'm only comparing to the scores on that game. If it's REALLY out of whack like a JJP game that does throw me off though as I feel like I can't tell what's worth shooting and what isn't. It is a common complaint though, a lot of people seem to feel they'd like Turtles better with an extra zero on the end.

Star Wars scores on the other hand seem pretty swingy to me due to the multiplier, like your general pinball skills might not be as important as how you move the multiplier around or lucking into one or two high-multiplier shots can outweigh everything else you did all game.

#13720 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I installed the 1987 code, so it's all video from the original cartoon series instead - much better

I played one location that had the 87 code, it makes such a huge difference for something that has literally zero effect on gameplay!

Quoted from dboeren:

The score doesn't bother me, I know that different machines in my collection have different point scales and mentally I'm only comparing to the scores on that game. If it's REALLY out of whack like a JJP game that does throw me off though as I feel like I can't tell what's worth shooting and what isn't. It is a common complaint though, a lot of people seem to feel they'd like Turtles better with an extra zero on the end.
Star Wars scores on the other hand seem pretty swingy to me due to the multiplier, like your general pinball skills might not be as important as how you move the multiplier around or lucking into one or two high-multiplier shots can outweigh everything else you did all game.

The mental aspect I can definitely see improving as you get experience on the game and know what is considered a good score, I just don't have enough plays on it to get to that point yet. I mean I love Monster Bash and Medieval Madness and they both are relatively low scorers.

I actually really like the multiplier feature on SW. While it can certainly get very swingy and I've had a few drains trying to move it at inopportune times, I feel like it's making me much more accurate and thoughtful when it comes to my shots - EG having to plan at least a few shots ahead - which I'm hoping will translate pretty well in other games

#13721 1 year ago

Of course scoring is all over the place for different machines... but in recent years, Stern has been fairly consistent about it. Modes or hurryups score a few million per shot and a few tens of millions total, a good multiball is also a few tens, the replay score is also a few tens or low hundreds, a billion total is a big accomplishment, and wizard modes score half a billion to a billion or so. This has been around the same ballpark since about Game of Thrones and maybe back to AC/DC or so. (Godzilla might be getting on the borderline of pushing the numbers a bit too far again.)

Star Wars and TMNT are the two big outliers. SW of course because of the multiplier; the base scores are scaled down to like 1M per shot or jackpot, but that scales up to 20-40M with the multiplier. Then TMNT from the same rules programmer kept the low bases but doesn't have any big multipliers. It really shouldn't make a difference but it does, the scoring in TMNT really could have used another digit and it wouldn't feel so psychologically punishing. TMNT got where it is in part because of Munsters between it and SW, which splits the difference; Munsters also has low base values but a lot of multipliers, and TMNT inherited the former but not the latter.

The multiplier in Star Wars isn't luck. You feel like you want to leave it in place most of the time, and if you happen to get a multiplied shot, great... but that's not how to blow it up on the high end. You want to zip that multiplier around to each and every lit shot, every time. It takes quite a bit of physical coordination and practice that's outside the usual set of pinball skills.

The one biggest thing to plan ahead with the multiplier in SW: Every time a multiball ends, get the multiplier to the center loop shot as fast as you can if at all possible. Video Mode is very likely going to be lit there after the multiball was banging on the Force targets, and if you don't get that X in place right away, you know the ball is going to wander in there accidentally.

#13722 1 year ago

TMNT is nothing like SW as there isn't. Rewarding shot in the thing. If your under flipper shot is the best shot in the game you're in trouble.

#13723 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

You want to zip that multiplier around to each and every lit shot, every time. It takes quite a bit of physical coordination and practice that's outside the usual set of pinball skills.

i laugh reading that, so true !
my son is a "mutant" when playing SW, he got that extra 3rd hand for that lockbar button !!! lol
i'm also good on it of course, but never close as him, just impossible at 56, no only the brain but than yes the coordination, so far when compare to a young guy

#13724 1 year ago

Star wars way better than TMNT. Not scoring low, mb frustrating just too many pinballs out there and in the way, scoring uneven. Layout ok and all. Sw funner, better code, scoring better

#13725 1 year ago

I had a TMNT Pro as my first NIB. I liked that it is packed with features for a Pro model, but there were a bunch of little things that made me move on from it after a year or so when an even swap trade for AIQ popped up locally. I also had picked up another Borg game, and GOTG resonated better in my house than TMNT ever did which led to it going out the door.

#13726 1 year ago

Wow, I just had an extremely intense lightsaber dual. I was flipping around a high multiplier like mad, trying to extend time as necessary while making shots and keeping the multiplier going.

This game has moments unlike anything else out there. It's too bad more pinheads don't get it. I am pumped up with adrenaline right now. From pinball. Amazing.

20230207_192334 (resized).jpg20230207_192334 (resized).jpg
#13727 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

thanks!

I am looking at the set from PinGraffix for mine, I like the star field with the destruction.

Mirrors would be my second, I have a set in a JP i just acquired and that adds a lot

#13728 1 year ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

I am looking at the set from PinGraffix for mine, I like the star field with the destruction.
Mirrors would be my second, I have a set in a JP i just acquired and that adds a lot

Pingraffix are of great quality. I like the way they match the theme. IMO, better than the Stern blades.

#13729 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Wow, I just had an extremely intense lightsaber dual. I was flipping around a high multiplier like mad, trying to extend time as necessary while making shots and keeping the multiplier going.
This game has moments unlike anything else out there. It's too bad more pinheads don't get it. I am pumped up with adrenaline right now. From pinball. Amazing.
[quoted image]

That's the hardest thing to explain to non-pinheads. That adrenaline dump can be intense! Feel it in my chest...love it!

#13730 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Did any of you install the Stern art blades? If so, is it worth $160 for the 3 sets?

My buddy has the 4 he didn’t install for sale……pm me if you’re interested.

#13731 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Pingraffix are of great quality. I like the way they match the theme. IMO, better than the Stern blades.

One interesting observation on the pingraffics ones, on their website, the picture of the blades themselves is different that the two pictures of the blades installed ?? which is the actual? I might have to call them

#13732 1 year ago

Hello - I recently got a NIB SW Premium machine and wondering if anyone out there can help me with an issue. After playing for a few weeks, I am not able to complete a few of the modes, specifically any of the ones that light up a blue or purple arrow in front of the right ramp. I was originally thinking I just didn't understand the rules and was not hitting the right shots, but I finally broke down and ran a switch test. If I roll a ball up the right ramp, nothing registers until the switch on the ramp exit by the flippers. If I roll a ball up the left ramp, it immediately triggers the "left ramp opto" switch. I assume there is also a "right ramp opto" switch that should be triggered as the ball rolls up the ramp. I am still learning pinball maintenance/repairs, so wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where on the right ramp the switch (that isn't responding) should be located? Do I have to remove the hyperloop to access it? I am thinking it must have gotten stuck, twisted, or disconnected during shipping. Also, what section under the playfield should the right ramp switch be connected to, in case I have to look for a disconnected wire? Thanks, I appreciate all the advice and help these message boards give while learning the hobby!

#13733 1 year ago

Perhaps not the right forum, but I have a major issue with the Star Wars game code. I downloaded the newest (version 1.23.0) game code from Stern and instead of Star Wars 1.23.0, I'm getting Avengers version 1.05 as pictured. I downloaded the code three separate times directly from the Stern website. On my thumb drive the files are named Star Wars 1.23. I tried both LE and Premium codes and this is what comes up. Unfortunately, the game installed the code and now I have an Avengers start up screen with no backup code available for an earlier version from the Stern site.

Is this something any of you have encountered?

Any help would be appreciated,

Many thanks,
TJ

PXL_20230208_201046735 (resized).jpgPXL_20230208_201046735 (resized).jpg
#13734 1 year ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

Perhaps not the right forum, but I have a major issue with the Star Wars game code. I downloaded the newest (version 1.23.0) game code from Stern and instead of Star Wars 1.23.0, I'm getting Avengers version 1.05 as pictured. I downloaded the code three separate times directly from the Stern website. On my thumb drive the files are named Star Wars 1.23. I tried both LE and Premium codes and this is what comes up. Unfortunately, the game installed the code and now I have an Avengers start up screen with no backup code available for an earlier version from the Stern site.
Many thanks,
TJ
[quoted image]

I'd contact Stern directly. If you've downloaded the code multiple times and it's the same thing happening, it sounds like the files on the site might be wrong.

#13735 1 year ago

Any one else lower their mini lcd? I took the standoffs outta there to see more pop action.

#13736 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Any one else lower their mini lcd? I took the standoffs outta there to see more pop action.

Never thought aboot it since its really a dead uninteresting area. Perhaps seeing more would help!

#13737 1 year ago

Let's see some pics!

#13738 1 year ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

Many thanks,
TJ
[quoted image]

Do you have an Avengers that you recently updated using the same USB thumb drive?

#13739 1 year ago

well took two months of ownership but I finally blew up the death star and experienced victor multiball! 1.6, my new high score.

#13740 1 year ago

It’s great when the pops go off. Boba bobbles lol.

24A4D50C-91D2-4E68-BD28-B1C256584101 (resized).jpeg24A4D50C-91D2-4E68-BD28-B1C256584101 (resized).jpeg
#13741 1 year ago

I thought about it when I first got mine but decided as long as I can see the top inlanes and lights I didn't need to see the pops themselves. Often a trip to the pops adds one or more bonus multipliers via moving an unlit inlane quickly. I have a star destroyer model mounted over the pops but can still see the inlane inserts above the LCD and below the destroyer even with the LCD in original position.

#13742 1 year ago

I've thought about this before. I love me some pop action. Was looking at the monitor last night and noticed a clear plastic behind the monitor that prevents ball traps. If you lower the monitor the angle of that plastic will be reduced. Has this caused any ball traps behind the monitor?

#13743 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I've thought about this before. I love me some pop action. Was looking at the monitor last night and noticed a clear plastic behind the monitor that prevents ball traps. If you lower the monitor the angle of that plastic will be reduced. Has this caused any ball traps behind the monitor?

The ball still comes off that plastic I think I ended up putting the standoffs on top of the bracket I'll have to take a picture of it all the original parts are still there the HDMI cable is a little tough to plug in if I remember correctly,

#13744 1 year ago

The ball still comes off that plastic I think I ended up putting the standoffs on top of the bracket I'll have to take a picture of it all the original parts are still there the HDMI cable is a little tough to plug in if I remember correctly,

Cool. Please share some pics when you can. Thanks!

#13745 1 year ago

Selling my SW Prem Comic Art

#13746 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Selling my SW Prem Comic Art

Machine - For Sale

Star Wars Comic Art (Premium)

Featured

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Great shape. $1,500+ in Mods
- Original Stormtrooper Stern Shooter
- PinStadium Lights Neo
- Imperial Star Destroyer
- PinWoofer
- Original Stern Shaker
- Original Stern external ...”

15 days ago

Rcho Santa Fe, CA
(2,241 mi)

Schaitas

11,500 (OBO)

That's a hell of a floor. Very nice. Must be a PITA to level games on.

#13747 1 year ago

my custom translight just came!

backglass (resized).jpgbackglass (resized).jpg
#13748 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

going to take another pic tonight without all the glare, but my custom translight just came!
[quoted image]

Nice!

#13749 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

my custom translight just came![quoted image]

Where did you get it?

#13750 1 year ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

Where did you get it?

I found the image online, cleaned it up in photoshop (took out some creases), sized it, had it printed! $60!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/275 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.