SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 302.
#13651 1 year ago
Screenshot_20230130_180045_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230130_180045_Facebook (resized).jpg
#13652 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Pre welcome to the club. Great choice for a first machine. You won't know what you need to know until you need to know it. Start with your brother. If he's busy or if you want a second or even first opinion. Pinside's got your back.

Thanks! It was one I kept playing at out of town locations and thinking "Man, if I could only get more time with it..." Also was looking for something to help develop some basic skills - started playing in tournaments in October and really want to get better - and the playfield shots seemed interesting and challenging enough to fit the bill while the different character modes throw enough variety in to keep it fresh as a sole home machine.

#13653 1 year ago

a trivial thing, I'm sure has been mentioned before, but I do wish instead of defaulting back to Luke every time, it would remember your last character path for at least a minute.

#13654 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

a trivial thing, I'm sure has been mentioned before, but I do wish instead of defaulting back to Luke every time, it would remember your last character path for at least a minute.

It would be nice to tie that to Insider somehow, set a default character and when you log in it starts on that one

#13655 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Hey Dwight. Reminder that Hyperspace Multiball bug is still there. I also somehow just realized that the bug was present and shown all the way back during the release video in 2017. The video where all the Stern peeps are there including you. Remember the part where you guys kept telling someone (can't remember who) to drain because they broke the game (ball was stuck under Death Star during Hyperspace Multiball)? This is the Hyperspace Multiball bug!!! It occurs when a mini wizard is stacked with Hyperspace Multiball.
Xaqery
All you need to do is disable Hyperspace Multiball during mini wizard mode.

This finally happened on my Pro just now. This was the sequence: Destroy the Death Star multiball running (not yet Victory mb). Hyperspace Hurryup started, with 1 to go for Hyperspace MB. At almost exactly the same instant, I completed the hyperspace hurryup and TIE fighter multiball also started. I'm fairly sure that TIE happened first by a split second. I think the TIE hurryup wasn't involved, it just started from regular TIE hits. I don't remember if the display ever showed the score for completing the hyperspace hurryup, but I don't think it did, so the hurryup might not have been officially completed. The Death Star held the ball indefinitely, including as I won Destroy the DS and the multiball changed to Victory (with TIE still stacked.) It released the ball once all other balls drained and the game was back to normal play.

Xaqery in case this helps anything for you. I guess you already stopped this by disabling the hyperspace/planet stack completely, although it's a shame if that stack is now completely impossible for the sake of this bug. (I didn't update code past 1.22 yet.)

#13656 1 year ago

So this update didn't give us the ability to skip out of lightsaber dual?

I got stuck in it today and just before it lit up I had EVERYTHING lit with 40x multiplier going and video mode lit!

But nope... Had to play lightsaber dual. Lose a ball. Lose my 40x. Then played video mode with no multipliler.

Lovely.

#13657 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

This finally happened on my Pro just now. This was the sequence: Destroy the Death Star multiball running (not yet Victory mb). Hyperspace Hurryup started, with 1 to go for Hyperspace MB. At almost exactly the same instant, I completed the hyperspace hurryup and TIE fighter multiball also started. I'm fairly sure that TIE happened first by a split second. I think the TIE hurryup wasn't involved, it just started from regular TIE hits. I don't remember if the display ever showed the score for completing the hyperspace hurryup, but I don't think it did, so the hurryup might not have been officially completed. The Death Star held the ball indefinitely, including as I won Destroy the DS and the multiball changed to Victory (with TIE still stacked.) It released the ball once all other balls drained and the game was back to normal play.
Xaqery in case this helps anything for you. I guess you already stopped this by disabling the hyperspace/planet stack completely, although it's a shame if that stack is now completely impossible for the sake of this bug. (I didn't update code past 1.22 yet.)

Yep that's it! Honestly if disabling Hyperspace Multiball during those other multiball modes fixes the bug I'm all for it. I hate bugs!

#13658 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I got stuck in it today and just before it lit up I had EVERYTHING lit with 40x multiplier going and video mode lit!
But nope... Had to play lightsaber dual. Lose a ball. Lose my 40x. Then played video mode with no multipliler.
Lovely.

Lightsaber Duel is one of the greatest modes of all time! So epic!

#13659 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Never gonna happen.

#13660 1 year ago

Yep that's it! Honestly if disabling Hyperspace Multiball during those other multiball modes fixes the bug I'm all for it. I hate bugs!

But I like stacking multiballs more than I hate bugs. This is nuking the house to kill an ant. Just fix the bug the right way, put in a check to see if the DS is ever holding the ball while Hyperspace MB isn't running because TIE is instead.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

Lovely.

Yeah, navigating around Lightsaber Duel is part of the strategy of the game, unfortunately. I try to avoid any of the planet multiballs until I've gotten through LSD so I know it won't be in the way.

#13663 1 year ago

Next batch ready for paint and then they ship to their new gameroom!!!

6FC03717-1ABE-4065-97B2-AEAA8EAEA232 (resized).jpeg6FC03717-1ABE-4065-97B2-AEAA8EAEA232 (resized).jpeg8D2D9F93-2F0D-4309-905F-881C70BD6214 (resized).jpeg8D2D9F93-2F0D-4309-905F-881C70BD6214 (resized).jpeg
#13664 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Next batch ready for paint and then they ship to their new gameroom!!!

Looks really cool, but why the LAser on the left?

#13665 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Looks really cool, but why the LAser on the left?

It was a design choice to angle it the same as shows on the DMD when it fires.

#13666 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

It was a design choice to angle it the same as shows on the DMD when it fires.

Also if it were pointed to the right the big under construction hole would be hidden from view. I get it.

#13667 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Also if it were pointed to the right the big under construction hole would be hidden from view. I get it.

This was my thinking. Great looking mod!

#13668 1 year ago

Anyone have a copy of latest code with the custom John Williams soundtrack? I’m way behind on code update.

#13669 1 year ago

How many balls is it possible to get in the loop at one time during hyperspace mb? I got 3 going today, the 4th ball launched then the 3 in the loop dropped out after 3 or 4 more trips around.Is that by design?

#13670 1 year ago

Anyone experience random reboots with their Premium? Our does it every 250-300 plays it seems. Nothing in particular triggers it. I'm wondering if it's a poor quality SD card (original card that came with it NIB). I've never swapped out the card on any of my other Sterns and have never had this issue with the others so it's anyone's guess I suppose.

#13671 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Anyone experience random reboots with their Premium? Our does it every 250-300 plays it seems. Nothing in particular triggers it. I'm wondering if it's a poor quality SD card (original card that came with it NIB). I've never swapped out the card on any of my other Sterns and have never had this issue with the others so it's anyone's guess I suppose.

Haven’t had any resets on my premium running the latest code and IC

#13672 1 year ago

Lightsaber Duel is one of the greatest modes of all time! So epic!

Agree. Its so damn cool with the lighting.

#13673 1 year ago

ok so an issue with SW comic premium Ive always had. And ive owned the game since launch. The game is so fast. Everytime I seem to be having an awesome game, I will lose one ball to it hoping over the flipper on a live catch. Usually its that super fast horse shoe shot.

Anything I can do there to fix? Different rubbers?

2nd. Anyone install precision flippers on this game? I have them, but havent installed.

#13674 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ok so an issue with SW comic premium Ive always had. And ive owned the game since launch. The game is so fast. Everytime I seem to be having an awesome game, I will lose one ball to it hoping over the flipper on a live catch. Usually its that super fast horse shoe shot.
Anything I can do there to fix? Different rubbers?
2nd. Anyone install precision flippers on this game? I have them, but havent installed.

Yep, it's Ritchie FAST! a good orbit return with a live catch or drop, sometimes results in the "over the flipper" roll....I'm using Titans but have had this happen with factory rubber as well...Give it some time, with a little wear and flipper assembly break in, the shots will slow a little , you could in the meantime bump the power down 5 or 10 points and see how that feels
Using Precisions on mine, no issues but had to turn down the power settings significantly to keep the shot speed the same...with precision and factory power, way way too fast...Accuracy is improved slightly but it's more an aesthtic difference, there are some weird "hard bounces" on the original precisions which I'm told are resolved by the halo precisions, but I've yet to test them out.

#13675 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yep, it's Ritchie FAST! a good orbit return with a live catch or drop, sometimes results in the "over the flipper" roll....I'm using Titans but have had this happen with factory rubber as well...Give it some time, with a little wear and flipper assembly break in, the shots will slow a little , you could in the meantime bump the power down 5 or 10 points and see how that feels
Using Precisions on mine, no issues but had to turn down the power settings significantly to keep the shot speed the same...with precision and factory power, way way too fast...Accuracy is improved slightly but it's more an aesthtic difference, there are some weird "hard bounces" on the original precisions which I'm told are resolved by the halo precisions, but I've yet to test them out.

Ive had mine since launch so i think its broken in! I installed precision on deadpool and dont love them 100%. Even with power turned down. But ive NEVER been able to backhand the death star shot, which is something Id like to be able to do. Figured maybe precision flippers would help

#13676 1 year ago

i've backhanded that shot twiceo on stock flippers, fell like it was an accident though... also thinking about the flipper upgrade

#13677 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ive had mine since launch so i think its broken in! I installed precision on deadpool and dont love them 100%. Even with power turned down. But ive NEVER been able to backhand the death star shot, which is something Id like to be able to do. Figured maybe precision flippers would help

Hmm...well all my pins run pretty steep (7.5 deg and up) Except for Star Wars. I stick to a religious manual recommended 6.5 deg which I measure at the flippers.

This not only makes the backhand easier as there is less gravity to overcome, but the return from fast orbits won't be as speedy, which could help with the flipper rollover

I would adjust there first before making power changes then.

#13678 1 year ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

How many balls is it possible to get in the loop at one time during hyperspace mb? I got 3 going today, the 4th ball launched then the 3 in the loop dropped out after 3 or 4 more trips around.Is that by design?

I got 4 in the loop but almost as soon as the 4th went in, they all took a trip around and then got kicked out of the loop. First time I had more than 2 in the loop. I know it’s timed to add balls so I think it’s just how many you can get in before the time expires.

#13679 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have a copy of latest code with the custom John Williams soundtrack? I’m way behind on code update.

Is the custom soundtrack still being updated?

#13680 1 year ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Great looking mod!

Thanks, I appreciate it! Love doing this kind of work. Mods are great but I lean more toward improving original mods that are slapped on during assembly and often look cheap.
I enjoy doing this level of work for my machines and personally I enjoy them more.

The Death Star 2 mod for the Prem/LE is now available for the Home and Pro editions as well! Just release them today!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1472-crcades

Next is something for Mandalorian!!! You’ll love it!

B22768A2-4521-4A8E-B844-7247CC18BE82 (resized).jpegB22768A2-4521-4A8E-B844-7247CC18BE82 (resized).jpegBE6FA36A-E66D-4D22-A940-9D552875A0DE (resized).jpegBE6FA36A-E66D-4D22-A940-9D552875A0DE (resized).jpegC0908A40-2A23-463F-92FB-BB3DC56D742F (resized).jpegC0908A40-2A23-463F-92FB-BB3DC56D742F (resized).jpeg

#13681 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

The Death Star 2 mod for the Prem/LE is now available

How can I get this shipped to Germany? Any ideas? OR do I have to relay via a friend...?

#13682 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

How can I get this shipped to Germany? Any ideas? OR do I have to relay via a friend...?

A friend would be my first choice but if that isn’t an option I would suggest using a US Freight Forwarding or Global Shipping service. You should be able to buy whatever you need and have it shipped from us to your carrier (freight forward service) here in the US and they will ship it to you.

Hope this helps.

#13683 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Hope this helps.

Too complicated, but thanks.

#13684 1 year ago

New Star Wars premium owner joining in

#13685 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

New Star Wars premium owner joining in

Welcome fellow Premium owner!

#13687 1 year ago

So this DS splits open for the premium and has the leds inside?

#13688 1 year ago

when installing the insider connected where does the rj45?splitter go? i'm doing a coin door install and don't want to buy the new apron

#13689 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

when installing the insider connected where does the rj45?splitter go?

Here is a pic of how mine is.

3D81C7B9-F70E-4AE5-B5AE-31726F12DF4E (resized).jpeg3D81C7B9-F70E-4AE5-B5AE-31726F12DF4E (resized).jpeg
#13690 1 year ago

Did any of you install the Stern art blades? If so, is it worth $160 for the 3 sets?

#13691 1 year ago

I don’t think they are worth it. Unless you damage the side art a lot you won’t need 3 sets. If you have a premium it looks great with mirror blades.

Quoted from Jodester:

Did any of you install the Stern art blades? If so, is it worth $160 for the 3 sets?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13692 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I added a set of art blades to my SW Premium. I like the look of them, then took the other 2 sets and hung them on my wall. Bought mirror blades and wouldn't fit in my cabinet

#13693 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I did and they look great. i have 4 left. which ones did you want i'm sure someone would sell you a partial set.

#13694 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

Here is a pic of how mine is. [quoted image]

Thanks. I have an old LE. i ordered a splitter on amazon and ran the cord to the back box and temporarily unplugged the topper.

#13695 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I also got another variation of this. Same sequence: a planet multiball running, Hyperspace Hurryup started, then TIE multiball started, then I completed the hyperspace hurryup (this time that happened a few seconds later, not at the same instant.) Except - the ball that completed the hyperspace hurryup rocketed through so fast that it didn't get captured. The Death Star twin post raised to try to hold the ball - and stayed raised all throughout the planet and victory multiballs. So this was the same behavior as when it holds a ball indefinitely, just without the ball this time. While in this state, it was impossible to get credit for the Death Star shot for the Victory jackpot and therefore to collect the medal (it is possible when a ball is held, by newtoning it up to the switch.)

#13696 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I also got another variation of this. Same sequence: a planet multiball running, Hyperspace Hurryup started, then TIE multiball started, then I completed the hyperspace hurryup (this time that happened a few seconds later, not at the same instant.) Except - the ball that completed the hyperspace hurryup rocketed through so fast that it didn't get captured. The Death Star twin post raised to try to hold the ball - and stayed raised all throughout the planet and victory multiballs. So this was the same behavior as when it holds a ball indefinitely, just without the ball this time. While in this state, it was impossible to get credit for the Death Star shot for the Victory jackpot and therefore to collect the medal (it is possible when a ball is held, by newtoning it up to the switch.)

Still on old code...right?

#13697 1 year ago

Still on old code...right?

Right. Probably moot for home owners who will probably update, but of course there's a lot of location machines that never will.

#13698 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
Please use these links below to place your orders through eBay’s platform using their safe and easy Global Shipping Program.
The costs for products includes eBay’s fees, shipping to US address, shipping overseas and any required VAT or customs import fees.
This isn’t cheap but solves the issues of doing the international orders “in-house” which is too complicated and involved.

Prem/LE editions for both Movie and comic art versions.
ebay.com link: itm

PRO/Home editions for both Movie and comic art versions.

#13699 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
Please use these links below to place your orders through eBay’s platform using their safe and easy Global Shipping Program.
The costs for products includes eBay’s fees, shipping to US address, shipping overseas and any required VAT or customs import fees.
This isn’t cheap but solves the issues of doing the international orders “in-house” which is too complicated and involved.
Prem/LE editions for both Movie and comic art versions.
PRO/Home editions for both Movie and comic art versions.

Well that certainly answers all my questions. Looks like a high quality piece.

#13700 1 year ago

Some days this game just comes through with the moments you yearn for when playing pinball. Didn't beat my GC, but blew up the Death Star and locked 3 balls in the hyper loop in the same game. Made my night.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/274?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.