IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 301.
#13601 1 year ago

I've got a recurring problem with mine. The lightbulbs in the spotlights that are mounted to the slingshots keep falling out. The left one has done this several times and the right one just also did today. Anyone else ever get this happening? Anything to do to get the bulbs to stay in there?

#13602 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I've got a recurring problem with mine. The lightbulbs in the spotlights that are mounted to the slingshots keep falling out. The left one has done this several times and the right one just also did today. Anyone else ever get this happening? Anything to do to get the bulbs to stay in there?

Little dab of glue not a lot a little dab

#13603 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Little dab of glue not a lot a little dab

Yep standard Stern issue...just had to do it in my GZ

#13604 1 year ago

There should be clips in the spotlights to retain the bulbs.

#13605 1 year ago

Do you mean the small metal sheet with a semicircular cutout? They are there on mine, but they seem to sit below the bulb. Is that little sheet supposed to be in front of the bulb to hold it in? How do you get that to stay in place, I guess just bend it?

#13606 1 year ago

Tape works.

Screenshot_20230124_113033_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230124_113033_Chrome (resized).jpg
#13607 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Do you mean the small metal sheet with a semicircular cutout? They are there on mine, but they seem to sit below the bulb. Is that little sheet supposed to be in front of the bulb to hold it in? How do you get that to stay in place, I guess just bend it?

Yes. Or you can go the tape/glue method. I have used the provided clips for years.

#13608 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

You can get different bulb clips from Marco. I like these ones better.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13609 1 year ago

Those god damn Jedi targets kill me. I kept getting them all but the one on the right side of the scoop before it would time out then I’d have to go at them again. Over and over. Just one shot away from having everything complete.
So damn mad I couldn’t get into wizard again
All planets done
Tie fighters done
Escaped the Fett man
Completed the duel
It’s always these effing targettttttssss

161E7BF3-5207-4DBC-A7F1-C570FA477AD0 (resized).jpeg161E7BF3-5207-4DBC-A7F1-C570FA477AD0 (resized).jpegD84E7E80-E81F-4951-8A06-A3AB9EE92CD5 (resized).jpegD84E7E80-E81F-4951-8A06-A3AB9EE92CD5 (resized).jpeg

Best game ever!!!
I’ll push start again tomorrow

#13610 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Those god damn Jedi targets kill me. I kept getting them all but the one on the right side of the scoop before it would time out then I’d have to go at them again. Over and over. Just one shot away from having everything complete.
So damn mad I couldn’t get into wizard again
All planets done
Tie fighters done
Escaped the Fett man
Completed the duel
It’s always these effing targettttttssss
[quoted image][quoted image]
Best game ever!!!
I’ll push start again tomorrow

OK well now I want to sell all my games and quit pinball. Thanks man.

#13611 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I get a lot of 1-2 bil games before I put up a longer game. Still nowhere near the guys who can get through multiple characters. I have only gotten to using 2 characters in a single game since I got my premium. Maybe a few hundred more games and I’ll be there.
38B8001A-30E0-447C-A61C-03C9AE74CE80 (resized).jpeg38B8001A-30E0-447C-A61C-03C9AE74CE80 (resized).jpeg

#13612 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Haha sorry man but hey that game was almost an hour long after I played about 25 two minute games. Sometimes it just clicks

#13613 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Haha sorry man but hey that game was almost an hour long after I played about 25 two minute games. Sometimes it just clicks

Apology accepted. LOL.

#13614 1 year ago

**** TWEAKED ****
- The player will now get a new another chance at a skill shot if the ball drains on the right and escape was lit. You will not get this skill shot if something urgent is going on. For example one of the hurry ups.

So I am getting the skill shot in this situation like it says BUT the ball auto launches...so it's not really a skill shot at that point.

No screen issues for me.

Edit-sent to Stern’s bug email.

#13615 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I get a lot of 1-2 bil games before I put up a longer game. Still nowhere near the guys who can get through multiple characters. I have only gotten to using 2 characters in a single game since I got my premium. Maybe a few hundred more games and I’ll be there.

The Pro model is noticeably easier, since you don't have to make the tough hyperloop ramp shot for the missions that require it. I get quite a bit deeper into the game playing pros on location rather than premiums.

#13616 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

**** TWEAKED ****
- The player will now get a new another chance at a skill shot if the ball drains on the right and escape was lit. You will not get this skill shot if something urgent is going on. For example one of the hurry ups.
So I am getting the skill shot in this situation like it says BUT the ball auto launches...so it's not really a skill shot at that point.
Edit-sent to Stern’s bug email.

That was my thought exactly, escape is a ball save and autoplunge, so it doesn't make sense to me unless the "skill" is beating the autoplunge to the ball. So I thought I was missing something about a skill shot I don't know about.

#13617 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

[quoted image]

jeez!!! I scored my first Billion ever on anything the other day on this game, but SIX BILLION!! I cant even fathom that.

#13618 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

jeez!!! I scored my first Billion ever on anything the other day on this game, but SIX BILLION!! I cant even fathom that.

You’ll get there. I believe in you.

Do or do not. There is no try.

#13619 1 year ago

Hot damn, last night I had the game of my life. 48 billion!

star wars 48b gc (resized).jpgstar wars 48b gc (resized).jpg
star wars 48b luke (resized).jpgstar wars 48b luke (resized).jpg
star wars 48b r2 (resized).jpgstar wars 48b r2 (resized).jpg
star wars 48b ds (resized).jpgstar wars 48b ds (resized).jpg

This is on all standard settings, including the standard outlane positions. I do have the tilt bob loose, and the machine is on a hardwood floor for easy slide saves which I do frequently. And this is on a Pro model, which is substantially easier than the premium, for hitting all the death star and hyperspace shots without having to get up that fork ramp.

Played as Luke, started with Light Tatooine Missions, and shot Death Star, Endor, and Hoth until they were all lit too. I drained once on the first mission stack (Endor 2 + Tatooine 3.)

Then I played a nigh-on *perfect* game from there. I went all the way through all the rest of Luke's missions, Lightsaber Duel, and the four planet multiballs - including all four victory medals - all on the same ball and without ever even losing the multiplier! Including Death Star 1 which scored 3 billion with all the shots at 40x. Plus some stacks with Hyperspace and TIE multiballs, and also several hyperspace hurryups and video modes also all at 40x (never missed having the multiplier in place for any.) And collected three EBs along the way.

The last tasks were Jedi Training and Escape from Boba Fett. Now I drained twice (both brutal kicks into the left outlane) while shooting the shots to light Fett, but at least I got to take Jedi Training for each of the next two plunges. I got Fett done (with a low multiplier), then won Jedi Multiball to reach a total of 24 billion, with two balls remaining after the current one (on ball 2 with one extra.)

R2-D2 is always my choice of second character to play after Jedi MB. In fact I don't play him first so he can be played second. He's got the best path to quick points when you aren't expecting to reach Jedi, with short mission stacks to get to the planet multiballs. His weakness is Jedi Training, particularly on the second loop with fewer instances of TIE and Hyperspace MBs to hit the training targets. But his big late-game strength is that +5% Score is high on his awards list and is usually available.

I won Lightsaber Duel (it was lit right after Jedi MB and at 40x again), lit all the missions (at 40x, this gives 200m per shot!), then drained twice while working on R2's mission stacks (Hoth 2 + Tatooine 1, Hoth 3 + Tatooine 2.) But now on each plunge I took +5% Score for nearly 1.5 billion each time.

I started my last ball at 30 billion game score, played and won Hoth 4 and Tatooine 4 again, plus more video modes and hyperspace hurryups at 40x again, including one for just over 2 billion. Then I nailed the big scoring for Death Star 1 again, all the shots at 40x for another 3 billion, and crossed 40 billion with the last shot of that. I even won Death Star 4 again including the victory medal, though didn't get that for Endor 4 this time.

The game ended when once again I drained while trying to light the shots for Boba Fett. I actually tilted, when I had to make a slide save; I knew I was already in double danger, but that came out of pure instinct, so I lost my bonus. But I don't mind, I'm pretty sure it wasn't enough to matter for anything (to cross 50 billion total, would have needed 1.3 billion bonus, and it wasn't quite *that* high.)

Grand Champion 48,721,122,470
Luke Champion 24,520,170,460
R2-D2 Champion 23,750,951,200
Death Star Champion 5,133,401,200

(Funny that the Luke and R2-D2 scores don't add up to the GC score, there's a half-billion missing somehow, but I don't think I'm going to bother reporting that bug to Stern, hah.)

#13620 1 year ago

I never slide the machine. Maybe that's why my high score is only 8B.

#13621 1 year ago

just WOW ! congrats mister

#13622 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I never slide the machine. Maybe that's why my high score is only 8B.

What you're not frequently slide saving?

#13623 1 year ago

I’ve had a SW Premium for almost 2 years now and had no idea the falcons engine light was supposed to glow. It’s plugged into a node board, connection and wires look ok as far as I can tell. Is there an led board or something in the falcon I can buy for replacement? Any other ideas?

#13624 1 year ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

I’ve had a SW Premium for almost 2 years now and had no idea the falcons engine light was supposed to glow. It’s plugged into a node board, connection and wires look ok as far as I can tell. Is there an led board or something in the falcon I can buy for replacement? Any other ideas?

Buy you a fresh new one. Got mine from Little Shop.of Games for $89.99. OEM STERN.

#13625 1 year ago

Finally just experienced the shifted text bug on the mini LCD on version 1.23.0. It didn’t appear on the first game I played, but then the second game I played (after I took a 20 minute break to play TRON) as soon as I pressed start I noticed the shifted text. I had started a two player game and both players were affected. And also each ball when you select the path it seemed to shift further up each time until both the white and the orange text were off screen but you could see the bottom edge at the top.

58A64109-C5D4-478E-8010-BE6B77683A14 (resized).jpeg58A64109-C5D4-478E-8010-BE6B77683A14 (resized).jpeg
#13626 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

Finally just experienced the shifted text bug on the mini LCD on version 1.23.0. It didn’t appear on the first game I played, but then the second game I played (after I took a 20 minute break to play TRON) as soon as I pressed start I noticed the shifted text. I had started a two player game and both players were affected. And also each ball when you select the path it seemed to shift further up each time until both the white and the orange text were off screen but you could see the bottom edge at the top.[quoted image]

Wonder if it's a multi-player issue only? Anyone else?

#13627 1 year ago

Wonder if it's a multi-player issue only? Anyone else?

It happened to me on single player games

#13628 1 year ago

Last time I played this was all I discovered...

20230123_170742 (resized).jpg20230123_170742 (resized).jpg
#13629 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Ahhh that suuucks. Sorry to see that. Might be able to touch it up

#13630 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Ahhh that suuucks. Sorry to see that. Might be able to touch it up and spot clear it

Been back and forth about what to do about (since I can't let it go). I know I would fuck up the decals which are $300 whenever they become available. So I could pay someone which means looking at closer to $500-$600 total. Then I risk scratching it even more moving it back and forth. I have settled on buying a new one and selling this one. Yes, I am well aware that's ridiculous...

#13631 1 year ago

Been back and forth about what to do about (since I can't let it go). I know I would fuck up the decals which are $300 whenever they become available. So I could pay someone which means looking at closer to $500-$600 total. Then I risk scratching it even more moving it back and forth. I have settled on buying a new one and selling this one. Yes, I am well aware that's ridiculous...

The whole machine? Dang cru! If you do then it's time to upgrade to the Premium!

#13632 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

The whole machine? Dang cru! If you do then it's time to upgrade to the Premium!

Haha...I actually prefer the Pro. Especially the art.

#13633 1 year ago

I wouldn't sweat it... just throw it in between two other games so that you don't see it if it bothers you. It's commercial amusement equipment, not an art piece. I have machines from different eras with all different types of battle scars. It gives the game character and most people won't even notice or care.

#13634 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wouldn't sweat it... just throw it in between two other games so that you don't see it if it bothers you. It's commercial amusement equipment, not an art piece. I have machines from different eras with all different types of battle scars. It gives the game character and most people won't even notice or care.

Oh I have a whole room full of games with scars. But they all came that way. SW was my 1st NIB game. I felt physically ill seeing the scratch...I really don't think I can live with it.

#13635 1 year ago

Oh I have a whole room full of games with scars. But they all came that way. SW was my 1st NIB game. I felt physically ill seeing the scratch...I really don't think I can live with it.

It does suck and I've felt the same way. My TWDLE has a wear spot on the powdercoat by the left flipper button from wearing a wedding ring when playing (now i make sure to take it off when playing). Really pissed me off when I first saw it since it was my first LE game and it now has a blemish. I could send it out to get fixed but I don't really care about it any longer. It's really a minor thing and I can't let my OCD ruin my enjoyment of the hobby.

#13636 1 year ago

Could be worse. Just aboot the height if a Classic Bally head lock
20230129_185911.jpg20230129_185911.jpg

#13637 1 year ago

$20 topper...

IMG_5085 (resized).JPGIMG_5085 (resized).JPG
#13638 1 year ago

Gotta take a deep breath and remember that it’s a vending machine. I can see if it was a rare game that was restored and a deep scratch in a clear coated repainted cab. But it’s just a sticker…

#13639 1 year ago

I've re-decalled a modern Stern both BB and cabinet art and it's really not that complicated. Much easier than the decals on my other restorations of older W\B pins. Hardest part is often just obtaining the art. My dealer helped me with that.

#13640 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I've recalled a modern Stern both BB and cabinet art and it's really not that complicated. Much easier than the decals on my other restorations of older W\B pins. Hardest part is often just obtaining the art. My dealer helped me with that.

Are the decals the exact right size? No cutting or trimming? Just curious. Don't think I would undertake it myself. Probably have bubbles and dust and shit underneath it and be all crooked when I was done...lol. I know my limitations.

#13641 1 year ago

Are the decals the exact right size? No cutting or trimming? Just curious. Don't think I would undertake it myself. Probably have bubbles and dust and shit underneath it and be all crooked when I was done...lol. I know my limitations.

Correct, just peel and stick. I line them up exactly where I want them with the backing on and then use painters tape to attach the decal to the back of the pin. Then I lift and remove the start of the backing holding the tape tight to ensure alignment. I roll it on slowly from back to front while wiping up and down the full length of the decal to ensure no air bubbles. If you start the backing rolling the other way, the act of wiping the decal down pushes the backing to roll off at the exact same speed you are applying it. Don't remove the old decal until right before you apply the new one. 1 other person holding the new decal up from the other end is very helpful.

Or... You can just use the wet method if you are nervous and want some forgiveness. Just watch the liquid. Both how much you use and where all you let it get to.

The first time is very nerve wracking.

#13642 1 year ago

Just curious, and want to make sure nothing is wrong with my game. When picking Luke and Han I get points on the first ball as soon as I Plunge the ball. Like immediately. It doesn't happen with Lea or R2. And it doesn't happen with any subsequent balls being launched.

#13643 1 year ago

It depends on what you pick on the plunge. Jedi Training which is Luke's top option scores points immediately. Lighting a set of missions also does. R2's top option of +3x shot multiplier doesn't score points.

#13644 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

It depends on what you pick on the plunge. Jedi Training which is Luke's top option scores points immediately. Lighting a set of missions also does. R2's top option of +3x shot multiplier doesn't score points.

Ok thank you, I feel better now hahah.

#13645 1 year ago

Do me a favor. Wait a month and then decide if you want to still do this. Every time I see something like this I immediately react the way you are and then after a few weeks i don't care so much. lol

#13646 1 year ago

If that damage was somewhere I saw it often to the point it bothered me enough to do something about it I'd take a picture of that area and photoshop it with the heal tool then pay a few bucks to print on vinyl. Cut a small circle of the exact area affected and stick it down right over it, basically an image patch so it never catches my eye again.

#13647 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Can you flatten it out to make it less noticeable? Maybe flatten it and put a piece of mylar over it? I had a tiny chip and flake on my CCr SE when it arrived. I was able to flatten it out and use a tiny square of mylar to secure it. Can't even see it now.

#13648 1 year ago

I have flattened it out the best I can. It is still I little rough. Was thinking about paint pens...Any input on "repairing" a vinyl scratch with paint pens or something similar? I spent hours searching last night and couldn't find anything helpful.

#13649 1 year ago

Hey folks, about to join the Star Wars (and pinball machines in general, first one!) owner's club, picking up a second hand but NIB Pro this weekend. Anything I should know to fix/adjust/replace out of the box? My brother maintains machines, so I have access to someone with the know-how.

#13650 1 year ago
Quoted from Jai151:

Hey folks, about to join the Star Wars (and pinball machines in general, first one!) owner's club, picking up a second hand but NIB Pro this weekend. Anything I should know to fix/adjust/replace out of the box? My brother maintains machines, so I have access to someone with the know-how.

Pre welcome to the club. Great choice for a first machine. You won't know what you need to know until you need to know it. Start with your brother. If he's busy or if you want a second or even first opinion. Pinside's got your back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Redmond, WA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/273?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.