IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 301.
#13401 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Got my very first set of speaker lights from Pinlife today. Never had them in any games before. I go to install them and this screw is stripped !! UGH!!!! No idea how to go about this since it’s in such a tight spot I don’t want to ruin or break anything .

[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine stripped as well. I used a smaller flat head to get it out.

#13402 1 year ago

one of the major reasons why this game got so much hate when it was released is that people thought it looked barren and didn't have the bells and whistles they thought SW should have. Add to the fact that when they went to play it on location, most places do not have their SW pins dialed in and many launches and death star shots were draining. The code is also very intimidating at first and stacking the modes should not have come standard. This is definitely a pin that needs to be enjoyed in a home setting and once you understand the code and moving multipliers it really opens up a whole new experience. I have yet to play a pin that uses the center button as well as SW. The game is one of the fastest, most punishing, and deepest code-wise, and many casual players can't handle that.

#13403 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Can someone please, please, please explain to my why this game is not ranked higher?? ... I wasn't around when it came out, were folks disappointed somehow?

This is ground zero for Theme-Whore-Dream-Journaling.
Pinsiders started mind masturbating as soon as they heard Star Wars. "Force obviously means magnets, gonna be SW toys glued all over it!!!" etc etc. Just the weirdest shit you could come up with.
All these dreams came crashing down when these people learned they would have to use their hands to press a THIRD BUTTON!!!
It basically has zero toys and it had a famously bad reveal video where it took forever to blow up the Death Star & tithe thing malfunctioned actually pretty funny.

#13404 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Mine stripped as well. I used a smaller flat head to get it out.

I tried that , its so stripped the flathead wouldnt get a hold either.

#13405 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It's probably too late at this point, but I recommend this type of screwdriver for that job:
amazon.com link »
The good thing about it is that the shaft is long enough so the grip of the screwdriver is out past the edge of the speaker panel. This allows you to get the screwdriver into the head of the screw straight and not cocked at an angle from the grip and your knuckles getting in the way.
As for suggestions at this point....I've struggled with those screws that go in the sides of the LCD screen, but nothing that I eventually didn't get loose by normal means. I have had good luck in other scenarios with the rubber band method described by someone else, but for those tiny screen screws...I don't know. Worth a shot anyway. Good luck.
On a side note.....don't buy those light kits from Pinball Life. They are a cheapened knock-off of my Deluxe SPIKE 2 light kit. They are simply not as good and when you figure in shipping and other fees, mine is a lower price also. It's really sad that people can't seem to stay in their lane and not copy what other people have already thought up, designed and been successfully selling for years.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speakerlightkitscom-deluxe-vs-pinball-life-serial-speaker-light-kits
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thanks Doug, Noted! I'm new to the speaker light thing so I just kind of bought them because I already had a basket of stuff.

#13406 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is ground zero for Theme-Whore-Dream-Journaling.
Pinsiders started mind masturbating as soon as they heard Star Wars. "Force obviously means magnets, gonna be SW toys glued all over it!!!" etc etc. Just the weirdest shit you could come up with.
All these dreams came crashing down when these people learned they would have to use their hands to press a THIRD BUTTON!!!
It basically has zero toys and it had a famously bad reveal video where it took forever to blow up the Death Star & tithe thing malfunctioned actually pretty funny.

it's also true

#13407 1 year ago

On another note, the Video mode multiplier. I've had my shot multiplier more that the default X2 several times but when I fly the Falcon through the asteroid field I get a X1 . This is one thing I'm still not really understanding.

#13408 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

On another note, the Video mode multiplier. I've had my shot multiplier more that the default X2 several times but when I fly the Falcon through the asteroid field I get a X1 . This is one thing I'm still not really understanding.

And when you have the multiplier up and BEFORE you make the shot, have you moved your green arrow to the Hoth/video mode shot?

#13409 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And when you have the multiplier up and BEFORE you make the shot, have you moved your green arrow to the Hoth/video mode shot?

Ah crap, is that what I have to do? I'm still very much learning the "moving multiplier" around.

#13410 1 year ago

GOT & SW will almost certainly be the only machines ever made with a multiplication system like this...they'll be very diffrent animals as time goes on

#13411 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

GOT & SW will almost certainly be the only machines ever made with a multiplication system like this...they'll be very diffrent animals as time goes on

Good thing? Bad Thing? Im still new and messing and learning with it but I think its kind of cool so far.

#13412 1 year ago

GOTG has a simple version of a multiplier system too - you can light a multiplier on each particular shot for the rest of that ball, and any shot made in a combo also scores x2. (There's also Groot MB, but multiplied scoring during multiball has existed forever.)

For SW's multiplier for video mode - yes it needs to be on the Hoth shot before you start the video mode. Unless you're playing the video mode as the Hoth 1 mission instead, in which case the multiplier needed to be on the shot that started the mission (could be any of Death Star, Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, even though the mission is Hoth.) Yes, this is confusing.

Also, be aware that the multiplier spread will narrow as the value gets higher - it shrinks from a spread of 3 shots to 2 at 5x, then from 2 shots to only 1 at 10x. This means that a shot you thought was lit for the multiplier can become unlit. Always put your multiplier so that the *leftmost* one is at the shot you want to stay multiplied at the moment.

#13413 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Good thing? Bad Thing? Im still new and messing and learning with it but I think its kind of cool so far.

Great thing. There's so much bitching aboot them and "math scoring" but that's just stupid. It goes like this, higher multiplier, more points. Hard to understand?

#13414 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

GOTG has a simple version of a multiplier system too - you can light a multiplier on each particular shot for the rest of that ball, and any shot made in a combo also scores x2. (There's also Groot MB, but multiplied scoring during multiball has existed forever.)
For SW's multiplier for video mode - yes it needs to be on the Hoth shot before you start the video mode. Unless you're playing the video mode as the Hoth 1 mission instead, in which case the multiplier needed to be on the shot that started the mission (could be any of Death Star, Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, even though the mission is Hoth.) Yes, this is confusing.
Also, be aware that the multiplier spread will narrow as the value gets higher - it shrinks from a spread of 3 shots to 2 at 5x, then from 2 shots to only 1 at 10x. This means that a shot you thought was lit for the multiplier can become unlit. Always put your multiplier so that the *leftmost* one is at the shot you want to stay multiplied at the moment.

Thanks erik!

#13415 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Great thing. There's so much bitching aboot them and "math scoring" but that's just stupid. It goes like this, higher multiplier, more points. Hard to understand?

Nah, but the part where to put the lit shots on ( right now) kind of is hard to understand. Ill get it.

#13416 1 year ago

I was able to beat the game this past weekend (premium, 3-ball, score of 7.5B). How do you guys feel about the game taking you back to the start screen? Is it even possible to beat multiple characters?

#13417 1 year ago
Quoted from taylebl:

I was able to beat the game this past weekend (premium, 3-ball, score of 7.5B). How do you guys feel about the game taking you back to the start screen? Is it even possible to beat multiple characters?

I think its so rare I wouldn't worry aboot it

#13418 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think its so rare I wouldn't worry aboot it

Agreed, was just curious. My main goal is to just maximize score more so than progress any further.

#13419 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Nah, but the part where to put the lit shots on ( right now) kind of is hard to understand. Ill get it.

If a shot ls lit, that's where you put the multiplier...if you dare! Hear the mults dying, like a Pavlovian response you hit the 3 bank to keep them going and blammo; sdtm.
Love it.

#13420 1 year ago
Quoted from taylebl:

I did it once on mine, Jedi Multiball twice in a game with two different characters. Nothing special happens, the second one just behaves the same as the first. It might be cool if you got something like Mandalorian's permanent playfield multiplier, but SW doesn't have anything such. At least it doesn't end the game after the wizard mode like Jurassic and Godzilla.

#13421 1 year ago

very interesting discussion, thanks. feel like I'm beginning to understand the game a little, even the multiplier. I managed to score 3.6 billion on NYE (set to super easy and with 5 balls, but I've only had the machine a few days). I think I might have gotten Jedi multiball or some other multiball I hadn't seen before (really I don't even know, but there were a lot of balls there!). Every time I get on the hyperloop I freak out; IT'S SO COOL! Have yet to see the death star explode (though someone else who was playing claimed it happened when I wasn't in the room). It was definitely a big hit at our NY family gathering, folks lined up to play it like they never did for Godzilla (or The Getaway). I kind of stumbled onto owning this machine, but it is by far my favorite pin ever now and will never leave my home!!

On another note, how do folks here (who must all be Steve Ritchie fans) feel it compares to Game of Thrones? GoT is another favorite IP for me, but I've only played the game once and it wasn't it good shape. Is GoT this fun and hard? How does the GoT premium compare to the pro?

thx

#13422 1 year ago

Do you have to beat everything to get Jedi mb? Is it tied into hitting the standups a crapload of times?

#13423 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

very interesting discussion, thanks. feel like I'm beginning to understand the game a little, even the multiplier. I managed to score 3.6 billion on NYE (set to super easy and with 5 balls, but I've only had the machine a few days). I think I might have gotten Jedi multiball or some other multiball I hadn't seen before (really I don't even know, but there were a lot of balls there!). Every time I get on the hyperloop I freak out; IT'S SO COOL! Have yet to see the death star explode (though someone else who was playing claimed it happened when I wasn't in the room). It was definitely a big hit at our NY family gathering, folks lined up to play it like they never did for Godzilla (or The Getaway). I kind of stumbled onto owning this machine, but it is by far my favorite pin ever now and will never leave my home!!
On another note, how do folks here (who must all be Steve Ritchie fans) feel it compares to Game of Thrones? GoT is another favorite IP for me, but I've only played the game once and it wasn't it good shape. Is GoT this fun and hard? How does the GoT premium compare to the pro?
thx

SW and GOT are my top two favorites in my collection.

#13424 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

thx

I much prefer GOT pro personally. Its completely diff'rent and fun. Shots are a lit closer which is nice change. Timed SJ are fun as hell

#13425 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

It was definitely a big hit at our NY family gathering, folks lined up to play it like they never did for Godzilla (or The Getaway).

This is happening to me as well. Before I got rid of MB which was the most played game at my house, SW is now king. Even with GZ sitting next to it. Everyone loves how fast it is! Weird how it happens. I had Iron Maiden also but people played GOTG way more than that one. That's why Ill never really get the rankings of the top 100.

#13426 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do you have to beat everything to get Jedi mb? Is it tied into hitting the standups a crapload of times?

You need 8 things:

You have to START all 4 escape planet MBs and light saber duel (not necessary to be successful). Get 100 tie fighters. Advance to Jedi master. And the hardest one: successfully complete Escape Bobba Fett. Then you will start Jedi MB (battle against the emperor).

#13427 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

That's why Ill never really get the rankings of the top 100.

Top 100 rankings are done by obsessive pinheads like us. I had a party recently. Two pinheads and 15 "regular" people. Everyone was playing pinball. SW and JP got all the play along with my RS and NGG. People were like eh on GZ. Even my NBAFB got more play than GZ that night. SW was the breakout hit for sure.

#13428 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

This is happening to me as well. Before I got rid of MB which was the most played game at my house, SW is now king. Even with GZ sitting next to it. Everyone loves how fast it is! Weird how it happens. I had Iron Maiden also but people played GOTG way more than that one. That's why Ill never really get the rankings of the top 100.

I think what both SW and GOTG do well is guide the player in game through what they should be trying to accomplish. GOTG is beautifully simple in how a player starts out with a mode select and after plunging, there are lit shots and a clear timer. SW does a good job of giving the player different ways to start a mission, but once you start a mission the objectives are clear.

I think some games are far less intuitive as to what someone unfamiliar with the machine should be doing to progress through a game.

#13429 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You need 8 things:
You have to START all 4 escape planet MBs and light saber duel (not necessary to be successful). Get 100 tie fighters. Advance to Jedi master. And the hardest one: successfully complete Escape Bobba Fett. Then you will start Jedi MB (battle against the emperor).

What is required to get Jedi Master? I don't think I've done that.
I've beaten Boba Fett. Always start sweating when I have to hit that left orbit. Hard to find that shot.

#13430 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Top 100 rankings are done by obsessive pinheads like us. I had a party recently. Two pinheads and 15 "regular" people. Everyone was playing pinball. SW and JP got all the play along with my RS and NGG. People were like eh on GZ. Even my NBAFB got more play than GZ that night. SW was the breakout hit for sure.

Heh, normies! Yeah my family/friends LOVED the simplicity of MB and the huge Groot face on GOTG. Its just an interesting thing what everyone gravitates towards. Its never what I think it will be.

#13431 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is required to get Jedi Master? I don't think I've done that.
I've beaten Boba Fett. Always start sweating when I have to hit that left orbit. Hard to find that shot.

You need to move up the ranks by hitting the "Jedi Training" stand-up targets. On characters like Luke you can spot these by hitting the skill-shot.

#13432 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You need to move up the ranks by hitting the "Jedi Training" stand-up targets. On characters like Luke you can spot these by hitting the skill-shot.

Must be a chore. I've never done it and I miss a lot of main shots into the standups.

#13433 1 year ago

Hey Dwight. Reminder that Hyperspace Multiball bug is still there. I also somehow just realized that the bug was present and shown all the way back during the release video in 2017. The video where all the Stern peeps are there including you. Remember the part where you guys kept telling someone (can't remember who) to drain because they broke the game (ball was stuck under Death Star during Hyperspace Multiball)? This is the Hyperspace Multiball bug!!! It occurs when a mini wizard is stacked with Hyperspace Multiball.

Xaqery

All you need to do is disable Hyperspace Multiball during mini wizard mode.

#13434 1 year ago

So I installed my insider kit today on my Premium.

Noticed that the Tie Fighter number count is blocked by the Insider Connect Icon during the game. This was in a 2 player game.

Anyone know if this has been reported yet?

20230103_220656 (resized).jpg20230103_220656 (resized).jpg
#13435 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Noticed that the Tie Fighter number count is blocked by the Insider Connect Icon during the game. This was in a 2 player game.
Anyone know if this has been reported yet?[quoted image]

Well that sucks. Please send an email to Stern bug peoples.

#13436 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Anyone know if this has been reported yet?[quoted image]

Yeah a buddy of mine noticed that too while he was over. Ugh, hope they get this straightened out.

#13437 1 year ago

Stern got back to me about the avatars over the Tie Fighters and asked for a full screen shot which ill have to send them after work later. But good they got back pretty quick!

9476551F-3384-405D-93DE-2B13B1884FA7 (resized).jpeg9476551F-3384-405D-93DE-2B13B1884FA7 (resized).jpeg
#13438 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Hey Dwight. Reminder that Hyperspace Multiball bug is still there. I also somehow just realized that the bug was present and shown all the way back during the release video in 2017. The video where all the Stern peeps are there including you. Remember the part where you guys kept telling someone (can't remember who) to drain because they broke the game (ball was stuck under Death Star during Hyperspace Multiball)? This is the Hyperspace Multiball bug!!! It occurs when a mini wizard is stacked with Hyperspace Multiball.
Xaqery
All you need to do is disable Hyperspace Multiball during mini wizard mode.

FWIW, I've never seen this happen, across dozens of times stacking Hyperspace MB with other things. It may occur only on the Premium. I have a Pro.

Someone said far upthread that they thought this was the problematic sequence: During a mini wizard planet multiball, start the Hyperspace Hurryup. While that is running, finish winning the planet multiball to start Victory Multiball, so that the hurryup is still running when Victory MB starts. Then complete the hurryup and that's when the game holds the ball forever. I don't know if this is accurate, just repeating one report that sounds plausible.

#13439 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Stern got back to me about the avatars over the Tie Fighters and asked for a full screen shot which ill have to send them after work later. But good they got back pretty quick![quoted image]

Mine isn't doing this. I just played a game to see it. Mine fits perfectly. My game came with IC so maybe there is something to that? Strange.

IMG_0446 (resized).jpegIMG_0446 (resized).jpeg
#13440 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Mine isn't doing this. I just played a game to see it. Mine fits perfectly. My game came with IC so maybe there is something to that? Strange.
[quoted image]

Start a 2 player game and watch the second players area .

#13441 1 year ago

Stern got back and advised they are aware of this and will be addressing it shortly.

#13442 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

FWIW, I've never seen this happen, across dozens of times stacking Hyperspace MB with other things. It may occur only on the Premium. I have a Pro.
Someone said far upthread that they thought this was the problematic sequence: During a mini wizard planet multiball, start the Hyperspace Hurryup. While that is running, finish winning the planet multiball to start Victory Multiball, so that the hurryup is still running when Victory MB starts. Then complete the hurryup and that's when the game holds the ball forever. I don't know if this is accurate, just repeating one report that sounds plausible.

Yeah I wrote in great detail to Dwight about how it occurs quite some time ago...I recreated it 1st try following what my email said to him. SW Pro.

#13443 1 year ago

I was wondering too why this game is rated so poorly I absolutely got to have one now …

I’m probably going to buy a pro I had a chance to buy a comic art pro with 500 plays for 6.6 that I passed up on I should have grabbed it …

I am a new below average player and didn’t find the game too brutal At least ; I think I was able to get to half a billion a few times and have fun

#13444 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I was wondering too why this game is rated so poorly I absolutely got to have one now …
I’m probably going to buy a pro I had a chance to buy a comic art pro with 500 plays for 6.6 that I passed up on I should have grabbed it …
I am a new below average player and didn’t find the game too brutal At least ; I think I was able to get to half a billion a few times and have fun

as I said earlier on this forum - the pro at like 7.666 is criminally under rated

#13445 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Yeah I wrote in great detail to Dwight about how it occurs quite some time ago...I recreated it 1st try following what my email said to him. SW Pro.

Oh maybe it's the other way around - only happens on the pro not the premium - because the pro traps the ball on making a hyperspace hurryup but the premium doesn't because it goes into the hyperloop. I might just be lucky having never seen it on my pro. And we don't get many reports of it because everyone has premiums instead.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

I was wondering too why this game is rated so poorly I absolutely got to have one now

There are significant reasons. It's very drainy, particularly right from the plunge into the left outlane, and on the exit from the Hoth entrance down the middle. The mode stacking makes no sense thematically. The multiplier system takes some explaining and feels too video-gamey rather than pinbally. And the layout, although fast, is standard and boring. All these (besides the layout) can be fixed or learned in a home environment, but yeah Star Wars can be very off-putting for a casual player who just bangs out a few games on location.

#13447 1 year ago

Nice work crujones4life !

#13448 1 year ago

Haha I played GZ all night and then stepped over to SW and just got EVISCERATED

#13449 1 year ago

In case any non-owners are checking out the SW Club topic or a Pro Owner is considering moving up to a Premium, I have a SW Premium for Sale.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Condition: 2nd HUO Owner. Gently used. 330 Total Plays as of 12/31/22. Game is in excellent condition with normal ball dimpling on the playfield. No functional issues. No damage. ...”
2023-01-04
Hatfield, PA
7,625 (Firm)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 1143 times
Contributed to Pinside

#13450 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha I played GZ all night and then stepped over to SW and just got EVISCERATED

I found once I got my Gotg, I started liking more and scoring better on my SW. Not sure if it's shooting better, tighter shots, or just because they are newer Sterns and feel similar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/269 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.