RUPF6200 (resized).JPG
QGFL7027 (resized).JPG
IMG_7722 (resized).JPG
IMG_7721 (resized).JPG
IMG_7720 (resized).JPG
IMG_7274 (resized).JPG
IMG_7276 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 265.
#13151 8 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So if I'm in endor multiball and add a ball (or 2) then I would have a better chance of blowing up the death Star.... Yes?
This is great information! Thanks!

Yes - specifically what you want to do is use the add-a-ball just as you drain so you're about to lose the multiball.

Note that you would have more than one add-a-ball for Endor only if you earned one in a different planet multiball beforehand and didn't use it then.

Quoted from mbrave77:

I have very rarely ever been able to backhand the deathstar on my premium. Though I am going to install the precision flipper system soon and maybe thatll help.

With any flippers, you can adjust the alignment upwards and it will help make that shot. There's a SW Premium near me on location that has the left flipper adjusted way up (close to 3 mm above the centering indicator), and it can backhand the fork ramp pretty reliably.

#13152 8 days ago

I got my SW Premium this week. NIB. My problem is when I hit the deathstar ramp and the ball goes up and a second later comes back down. Any thoughts on how to address this?

#13153 8 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I got my SW Premium this week. NIB. My problem is when I hit the deathstar ramp and the ball goes up and a second later comes back down. Any thoughts on how to address this?

Have you tried running the accelerator test and rolling a ball up the ramp by hand? Is this happening during Death Star Hurry Up or just whenever?

#13154 8 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

You'll have to be more specific. What exactly is the problem?

FYI the ball doesn't always go around the loop. When you are starting a Death Star mode and hyperloop is not active, the ball will get held by the magnet at the top of the ramp, the animation will play, and ball will get released back down the ramp. This is normal.

#13155 7 days ago

No I am specifically talking during Death Star hurry up.

#13156 7 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

No I am specifically talking during Death Star hurry up.

I got my NIB a week or two ago. The return run on the hyperspace wireform has to be in a Goldilocks zone. Too low and it will reject balls coming up the forks ramp. Too high and it will hit the guts of the Death Star when looping and dribble back down the forks after one loop.

There’s a nut under the left hand side of the Death Star that allows some vertical adjustment of the wireform. Then about 6-8” down the wireform (towards the flippers) is another place you can adjust. Once I dialed this in, it instantly went from frustrating to the coolest shot in pinball.

#13157 7 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I got my NIB a week or two ago. The return run on the hyperspace wireform has to be in a Goldilocks zone. Too low and it will reject balls coming up the forks ramp. Too high and it will hit the guts of the Death Star when looping and dribble back down the forks after one loop.
There’s a nut under the left hand side of the Death Star that allows some vertical adjustment of the wireform. Then about 6-8” down the wireform (towards the flippers) is another place you can adjust. Once I dialed this in, it instantly went from frustrating to the coolest shot in pinball.

Perfect, Thanks

#13158 6 days ago

anyone installed trough lighting kit for apron? If so what color did you use thanks!

#13159 5 days ago

I am about to join the club and buy the Pro version, first pinball machine in awhile. Serious question here, I am still newish to owning a pinball machine, why is the side armor for the LE not compatible with the Pro? If the cabinet is the same size, what makes it so that it will not work on the pro? Is there no where to attach the lighting?

Also, anyone have a set of the Stern art blades, that they didn't use, that they would like to sell?

#13160 5 days ago

There is no lighting. Those EL panels are an aftermarket mod. The rails will fit just fine but good luck finding them anywhere from what I've heard. Unless someone has started reproducing them.

#13161 4 days ago

Does anyone have a spare set of extra art blades (I understand the stock Stern pack came with 6 blades total, 3 left, 3 right) I could buy off them? I dont care which art package it is, I just don't want to spend $160 for a set of 6 when I can only use 2 (why did Stern do this??). Shoot me a PM.

I owe everyone in this thread an apology as I've talked shit and dogged on SW since it originally shipped, but it clicked with me recently at a Pinball Show. Its barren and basic as I've always complained about, but still a blast to play when you're comboing the shots. I think the long term disappointment from the prequels and 2010s sequels had also soured me on the IP as a whole.

#13163 4 days ago

Just ordered a real backglass with mirror elements for my LE. Preview attached - green color indicates mirroring. C3PO will have translucent eyes to really make them pop, when the machine is switched on. Can't wait for this to arrive.

Backglass preview (resized).png
#13164 4 days ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Just ordered a real backglass with mirror elements for my LE. Preview attached - green color indicates mirroring. C3PO will have translucent eyes to really make them pop, when the machine is switched on. Can't wait for this to arrive.[quoted image]

Where did you order it? Also considering switching mine for a real backglass.

#13165 4 days ago

Yep...I'd get one of those as well. Please provide a link!

#13166 3 days ago

- green color indicates mirroring.
So not much mirroring.

#13167 3 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

- green color indicates mirroring.
So not much mirroring.

True dat. But it's still a real glass with a teensy weensy bit of mirroring...and that beats the cheap LE translite I have now.

#13168 3 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But it's still a real glass with a teensy weensy bit of mirroring

He will do however much mirror you want. I personally have seen a version with a lot more mirror and it simply looks weird. all the stars outside were mirror and the millenium falcon and all characters had mirror outline. keep in mind this is black, when the machine is on. black stars - weird. anyone interested can PM me and i will share the contact, IF he is ok with being reccommended. i will clarify this first.

#13169 3 days ago

Hi there,
i´m on a premium and like to update to the latest code 1.22 with IC. I have actually code 1.10 including a Soundmod, unfortunetly i can not find any modded 1.22
Is there any new modded code available ?

cheers

#13170 3 days ago

Hey guys,

I'm back in the "buying a new game" mode and this one is second on my list. I just had a question about the game modes and how they work. I have a GOTG pro and its basically you pick a character and have only a limited amount of time to complete the mission before it ends then you have to hit the scoop shot to start all over again. Ugh! anyway, is this similar to that or when you pick a character in this can you just play it without the timer breathing down your neck?

Thanks for any answers to this.

#13171 3 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Hey guys,
I'm back in the "buying a new game" mode and this one is second on my list. I just had a question about the game modes and how they work. I have a GOTG pro and its basically you pick a character and have only a limited amount of time to complete the mission before it ends then you have to hit the scoop shot to start all over again. Ugh! anyway, is this similar to that or when you pick a character in this can you just play it without the timer breathing down your neck?

The character you pick is the one you use throughout the game. No timer as far as a character goes.

#13172 3 days ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

The character you pick is the one you use throughout the game. No timer as far as a character goes.

Perfect thanks!

#13173 3 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Hey guys,

Once the modes started it doesn’t end until you finish it. Not even a drain will stop the mode. Which I like but I’ve heard people say they aren’t fond of it.

#13174 3 days ago
Quoted from Dragon36:

Once the modes started it doesn’t end until you finish it. Not even a drain will stop the mode. Which I like but I’ve heard people say they aren’t fond of it.

Thanks, I would prefer that to the Guardians way of doing it.

#13175 3 days ago

FYI, Guardians doesn't make you start modes over - pick the same mission again and you continue your progress where you left off. (Deadpool, BKSOR, Godzilla, Beatles also do this.)

In Star Wars, yes once you start a mission you're in it forever until you successfully complete it. (Led Zeppelin also does this.)

#13176 3 days ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

Hi there,
i´m on a premium and like to update to the latest code 1.22 with IC. I have actually code 1.10 including a Soundmod, unfortunetly i can not find any modded 1.22
Is there any new modded code available ?
cheers

as far as I know there is no modded code after v1.10. not sure if pinball browser has been updated to be able to edit after that.

#13177 3 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

FYI, Guardians doesn't make you start modes over - pick the same mission again and you continue your progress where you left off. (Deadpool, BKSOR, Godzilla, Beatles also do this.)
In Star Wars, yes once you start a mission you're in it forever until you successfully complete it. (Led Zeppelin also does this.)

You're right. I forgot you can keep progress. I just find it annoying you have to keep hitting the scoop to continue. Takes the flow out of the game in my opinion. I'm liking the way you guys are saying Star Wars plays it.

#13178 3 days ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

as far as I know there is no modded code after v1.10. not sure if pinball browser has been updated to be able to edit after that.

I´m afraid you´re right

#13179 2 days ago
Quoted from Ryanod:

I am about to join the club and buy the Pro version, first pinball machine in awhile. Serious question here, I am still newish to owning a pinball machine, why is the side armor for the LE not compatible with the Pro? If the cabinet is the same size, what makes it so that it will not work on the pro? Is there no where to attach the lighting?
Also, anyone have a set of the Stern art blades, that they didn't use, that they would like to sell?

Quoted from Taygeta:

Does anyone have a spare set of extra art blades (I understand the stock Stern pack came with 6 blades total, 3 left, 3 right) I could buy off them? I dont care which art package it is, I just don't want to spend $160 for a set of 6 when I can only use 2 (why did Stern do this??). Shoot me a PM.
I owe everyone in this thread an apology as I've talked shit and dogged on SW since it originally shipped, but it clicked with me recently at a Pinball Show. Its barren and basic as I've always complained about, but still a blast to play when you're comboing the shots. I think the long term disappointment from the prequels and 2010s sequels had also soured me on the IP as a whole.

I just purchased a set this week, they haven't even arrived yet. I'd love to sell the other 4 as I have no use for them.

#13180 2 days ago

Installed new speakers, a stormtrooper plunger, and a shaker motor. These things are fun to mod!

Two noob questions:

1. I read several people mentioning getting plastic protectors. I'd like to protect my machine, but I have no idea what I'm protecting. A link to purchase would be very helpful too!

2. Combos. This is my first pin. Is this just hitting the same shot multiple times? It sounds like that's the way to start Boba Fett, but I haven't ever intentionally activated it that way.

#13181 2 days ago

Combos are different shots. When you make any shot, the game lights up selected other shots that you must make quickly (the arrows for the combo shots are light blue I believe). If you make that light blue combo shot in time, that shot then turns white. Hit that white lot shot again to make progress to starting Boba Fett mode.

#13182 1 day ago
Quoted from Knippen8:

1. I read several people mentioning getting plastic protectors. I'd like to protect my machine, but I have no idea what I'm protecting. A link to purchase would be very helpful too!

They are clear plastics, which are slightly larger than the art plastics on the playfield. they go underneath the plastics to protect against ball impact on the edge from below.
There are also colored ones but they completely distort the colors of the art. lots of people love them tho, because their edges light up.

#13183 1 day ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

They are clear plastics, which are slightly larger than the art plastics on the playfield. they go underneath the plastics to protect against ball impact on the edge from below.
There are also colored ones but they completely distort the colors of the art. lots of people love them tho, because their edges light up.

So does it cover the entire playfield? I've found something like this:

https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/-FgWfKYk-02E-9iweltPiw?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Star%20Wars%20%28Premium%29%20%7C%202017

or this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/04935-stern-star-wars-death-star-area-plastic-protectors

There's also a bunch of different ones online, and they seem like every item protects something different. What needs protection the most?

#13184 1 day ago
Quoted from Knippen8:

So does it cover the entire playfield? I've found something like this:

https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/-FgWfKYk-02E-9iweltPiw?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Star%20Wars%20%28Premium%29%20%7C%202017

or this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/04935-stern-star-wars-death-star-area-plastic-protectors

There's also a bunch of different ones online, and they seem like every item protects something different. What needs protection the most?

The first is a big part that covers the complete playfield. for SW it requires major teardown of the PF to install. PRbably not for you. The sencond: Buy a set, whoch covers as many parts as possible. This one https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/lvAlkVh2dEaWo3EOAyzdFQ plus the one you found covers you if you have a premium. for a pro there's another set..

#13185 1 day ago
Quoted from Knippen8:

Installed new speakers, a stormtrooper plunger, and a shaker motor. These things are fun to mod!
Two noob questions:
2. Combos. This is my first pin. Is this just hitting the same shot multiple times? It sounds like that's the way to start Boba Fett, but I haven't ever intentionally activated it that way.

I never had plastics break on my machines. I usually get protectors for the looks and no so much for protection but that’s just me. I got my machine 3 weeks ago and ended up getting this from cointaker. I got the blue/red/green version. It will look something like this but also have a blue one by the slings. Some posts under the plastics require you to hold them with a little wrench so it doesn’t spin and allows you to get the bolt out. It can be a little tricky but not bad if you have the right tool. https://cointaker.com/products/star-wars-stern-leprem-plastic-protector-set

F157511E-74FF-4027-BBB3-084B6293229D (resized).jpeg

#13186 1 day ago
Quoted from medic7000:

It will look something like this but also have a blue one by the slings.

That is exactly what I mean, when I say it distorts the art. The designer did not choose to make the image in shades of green or red only, yet this is what these colored protectors make it. To me this is not even remotely an option, although I do know I am quite isolated with this opinion.

#13187 1 day ago

Yeah the neon sling protectors aren’t for me either but I do like the clear protectors. They’re usually only like $10 from pinball life. As for the rest of the plastics. Clear lexan washers seem to work fine. I’d recommend an airball protector for this game. I have the one below with the inner loop which has helped a lot with airballs. It seems to be unavailable for now.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/star-wars-stern/products/star-wars-pinball-airball-protector?variant=32784264855649

#13188 1 day ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

That is exactly what I mean, when I say it distorts the art. The designer did not choose to make the image in shades of green or red only, yet this is what these colored protectors make it. To me this is not even remotely an option, although I do know I am quite isolated with this opinion.

With that mentality mods would never exist. . To each their own

#13189 1 day ago

About to get either a brand new Star Wars pro NIB or a used comic art pro with 500 plays with some add ons…

Am I better off getting the NIb from my distributor which is a Nice 2 year warranty and a game that is new?

Difficult decision I already own mando so looking forward to having both Star Wars games

#13190 1 day ago
Quoted from Cire113:

About to get either a brand new Star Wars pro NIB or a used comic art pro with 500 plays with some add ons…
Am I better off getting the NIb from my distributor which is a Nice 2 year warranty and a game that is new?
Difficult decision I already own mando so looking forward to having both Star Wars games

Take the used one, probably cheaper and the nicer comic artwork (which is also more rare). Nobody really cares for warranty.
Also 500 plays like new.

#13191 1 day ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Take the used one, probably cheaper and the nicer comic artwork (which is also more rare). Nobody really cares for warranty.
Also 500 plays like new.

Oh wow really? Was not expecting that response thank you so much I am still a newbie

#13192 1 day ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Also 500 plays like new.

I will take the opposite stance. Not even considering the fact that I much prefer the OG Art. A 2 year warranty (a real warranty) is huge. Peace of mind, baby!

#13193 1 day ago

I prefer the original art as well.

#13194 1 day ago
Quoted from Jman44:

I prefer the original art as well.

Having them side by side comic art for the win!

#13195 1 day ago
Quoted from Cire113:

I've only had to reach out to Stern twice in 20+ years for a warranty part replacement (that I could have bought for a couple dollars if I had to). Even then, they never even asked me my purchase date or where I got it from, etc.. They were great about just working with me on solving the problem and shipping out the part I needed to remedy it. Unless your distro is personally providing you with labor with that warranty and not just parts, IMO I wouldn't let that have anything at all to do with your decision.

#13196 1 day ago
Quoted from freddy:

Having them side by side comic art for the win!

Was the downvote necessary brother? We're all SW fans here.

#13197 1 day ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Was the downvote necessary brother? We're all SW fans here.

Thumbs up and thumbs down are provided by the site to show you agree or disagree with a post! Nothing personal

#13198 1 day ago
Quoted from freddy:

Thumbs up and thumbs down are provided by the site to show you agree or disagree with a post! Nothing personal

Yeah your right. I forget that sometimes.

#13199 1 day ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Yeah your right. I forget that sometimes.

#13200 1 day ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Combos are different shots. When you make any shot, the game lights up selected other shots that you must make quickly (the arrows for the combo shots are light blue I believe). If you make that light blue combo shot in time, that shot then turns white. Hit that white lot shot again to make progress to starting Boba Fett mode.

Ok I was about to ask this very question. I was like “sometimes I see sky blue lights, sometimes white… probably something to do with Boba Fett, no idea what to do.”

How many white shots are needed to Boba Fett and when you use it as your power up selection at plunge, is it just lighting shots white, or is it also getting you closer to starting it (Ex: if you need say 5 white shots for BF, does choosing it at plunge now only make it 3 shots)?

Also, I’m guessing this is a really F’ing good bonus…
1D185097-F140-40B4-A06D-2C9BFFBDA3C6 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 93.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
There are 13,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 265.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!