SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 302.
#13051 1 year ago

Just ordered a Premium, it will be my first Pinball machine. I watched some unboxing vids as well as a few videos from people playing the machine. I've also tried reading a bunch of the rules and posts here, but to be honest, I don't know what the shots are (e.g. left loop vs right ramp, etc)

Two questions:

1. What would you say is the best way to get better at this game? Playing a lot, sure. But other than that?

2. Top mods? I'm thinking shaker motor, and the stormtrooper plunger. I tried searching this forum for a list but struck out.

Super excited to get this thing, it should be arriving by Thursday.

#13052 1 year ago
Quoted from Knippen8:

Top mods? I'm thinking shaker motor, and the stormtrooper plunger

I’d say pinwoofer kit, invisiglass or voodoo, etc and neon plastics protectors. Shaker is ok. I have it installed on mine, but the upgraded sound quality and clear non reflective glass are money better spent in my opinion.

#13053 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

My Pro from the last run came with the extra post as well. No idea why. The post at the bottom of the Force targets is already there on the Pro.

They're in the middle position from the factory. I haven't moved mine. High of 39 billion. I do have the tilt bob loose and easy slide saves on a hardwood floor.

well than, reading this, your skills means you have to set your tilt sensitive...

#13054 1 year ago
Quoted from Knippen8:

What would you say is the best way to get better at this game? Playing a lot, sure. But other than that?

1st step will be to play the game while forgetting the PF multiplicators, simply learn the path/modes/missions
and than, only when you know how all this work, add on the multiplicator factor, this is the only way to get (very) big points

#13055 1 year ago

Invisiglass, shaker, mirror blades, silent fan mod, flipper fidelity speakers, CLEAR plastic protectors (to preserve the original colors of the art), Superrings, Playfield and shooter lane protector, mini LCD bezel, force target illumination, Tatooine hole illumination, black powder coated shooter rod housing, star wars armada empirical class start destroyer, white powder coated leg bolts, adpin bronze flipper bat bearings, violet under cabinet illumination, chrome coated metal flipper buttons by adpin, adpin bash button, metal instruction card, external headphone jack with volume control and if obtainable R2D2 topper.

That's my favorites and also my exact setup.

#13056 1 year ago
Quoted from Knippen8:

Just ordered a Premium, it will be my first Pinball machine. I watched some unboxing vids as well as a few videos from people playing the machine. I've also tried reading a bunch of the rules and posts here, but to be honest, I don't know what the shots are (e.g. left loop vs right ramp, etc)
Two questions:
1. What would you say is the best way to get better at this game? Playing a lot, sure. But other than that?
2. Top mods? I'm thinking shaker motor, and the stormtrooper plunger. I tried searching this forum for a list but struck out.
Super excited to get this thing, it should be arriving by Thursday.

I just got mine a few weeks ago. I never believed in voodoo glass/invisiglass until I saw it side by side with a game that didn't have it. There is a difference, not sure it's a $250 difference but it was worth it to me.

I also installed a shaker which I think integrates into the game better than it does on some others. I also went with the Stern Star Wars art blades as the game is bright and the one I saw with mirror blades was a bit much for me. Just my opinion.

Did a few minor things such as all of Pin Monks insert color brackets. I like having the characters and force lights colored vice white and I even bought the land speeder sticker to go over the epilepsy warning.

Best mod though is I got a PSW-10 sub woofer and installed it with the Pinnovators kit https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit I just put a sub in my amazon wish list and watched it for a few days as the price fluctuates. I think i got it for $200 It sounds awesome.

#13057 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I just got mine a few weeks ago. I never believed in voodoo glass/invisiglass until I saw it side by side with a game that didn't have it. There is a difference, not sure it's a $250 difference but it was worth it to me.
I also installed a shaker which I think integrates into the game better than it does on some others. I also went with the Stern Star Wars art blades as the game is bright and the one I saw with mirror blades was a bit much for me. Just my opinion.
Did a few minor things such as all of Pin Monks insert color brackets. I like having the characters and force lights colored vice white and I even bought the land speeder sticker to go over the epilepsy warning.
Best mod though is I got a PSW-10 sub woofer and installed it with the Pinnovators kit https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit I just put a sub in my amazon wish list and watched it for a few days as the price fluctuates. I think i got it for $200 It sounds awesome.

I have one piece of invisiglass, and it's great and all, but you can improve visibility by just turning down the brightness in game setting to 15-20% to reduce the refection on the glass.

I also reduced the attract mode brightness down to 35% to keep the board temperatures down on my games. I saw where another user on here used an IR camera and showed that the board temps creep up pretty high when the on board LEDs are at 100%.

#13058 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I have one piece of invisiglass, and it's great and all, but you can improve visibility by just turning down the brightness in game setting to 15-20% to reduce the refection on the glass.
I also reduced the attract mode brightness down to 35% to keep the board temperatures down on my games. I saw where another user on here used an IR camera and showed that the board temps creep up pretty high when the on board LEDs are at 100%.

Invisiglass is nice, but in my basement where I can play in darkness, you can get 99% of the same glare reduction with the following...

1) Install a "bent plastic" DMD glare guard for $12. https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html
2) Adjust the setting to turn the backbox brightness to 0-2% when playing a game.

Boom. Now you can see everything.

#13059 1 year ago

Thank you for all of the great suggestions! It arrived today, and I’m so excited.

Unfortunately it looks like I have a problem: my gate under the Death Star is stuck. At first, it would stick, and then need to go through the “lost ball” mode. Now, there’s nothing I can think to do to get it to go down. (Pic attached)

Any suggestions?

4476FDC9-42FF-4DC1-B252-3171B45BED06 (resized).jpeg4476FDC9-42FF-4DC1-B252-3171B45BED06 (resized).jpeg
#13060 1 year ago
Quoted from Knippen8:

Thank you for all of the great suggestions! It arrived today, and I’m so excited.
Unfortunately it looks like I have a problem: my gate under the Death Star is stuck. At first, it would stick, and then need to go through the “lost ball” mode. Now, there’s nothing I can think to do to get it to go down. (Pic attached)
Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

This happened on mine recently too. It was bent and rubbing on the playfield. Seems to be a common issue where the ball smacks it so many times it bends it out of shape. I had to remove the death star ramp, carefully bend it back to straight and deburr the edges that the ball hits. Now it operates smoothly as it should.

#13061 1 year ago

I had the same issue with mine being bent, but mine was malformed from the factory. I was able to get a replacement from Stern under warranty. Although mine didn't have an issue going up/down, I was concerned with the wear that was going to occur on the playfield.

#13062 1 year ago

Hey all,
I'm considering joining the club. Could anyone comment on how their kids, family members and casuals react to this machine? I'm looking at a pro. I have a BM 66, Rush prem, and would be letting go of my GZ pro replacing it with this. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I love how the game shoots.

#13063 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I specifically looked for this setting the other day and didn't see it. For me it's super frustrating, I auto plunge to the standups, then it hits the rubber over the FORCE targets and then SDTM. Ball saved! Same thing. Have to turn the game sideways at times to ensure you don't see ball saves back to back and not flip one of them. This should absolutely be a setting.

Don't auto plunge. Use the shooter rod and feel the force. (See what I did there).

If full plunnge always drains then dial it back a hair. Won't take much. Just have to manually do it instead of pushing the button.

I love messing around with different strengths and forces of plunge. I have yet to hit the force target super skill shot tho.

#13064 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Invisiglass, shaker, mirror blades, silent fan mod, flipper fidelity speakers, CLEAR plastic protectors (to preserve the original colors of the art), Superrings, Playfield and shooter lane protector, mini LCD bezel, force target illumination, Tatooine hole illumination, black powder coated shooter rod housing, star wars armada empirical class start destroyer, white powder coated leg bolts, adpin bronze flipper bat bearings, violet under cabinet illumination, chrome coated metal flipper buttons by adpin, adpin bash button, metal instruction card, external headphone jack with volume control and if obtainable R2D2 topper.
That's my favorites and also my exact setup.

Metal instruction card?

Hook me up with where to get this! I'm still rocking the yellow ones bc I can't find any I like. I have the metal action button decoration so this might go well with it!

Please and thank you.

#13065 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Hey all,
I'm considering joining the club. Could anyone comment on how their kids, family members and casuals react to this machine? I'm looking at a pro. I have a BM 66, Rush prem, and would be letting go of my GZ pro replacing it with this. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I love how the game shoots.

I have 3 teenage offspring. The 2 boys are kinda into pinball. Wifey and my daughter aren’t into pinball at all, yet will occasionally play. My middle boy is pretty good, yet when we go out to a location a lot of other machines don’t capture his attention like SW at home. Maybe it’s the theme, maybe it’s because he knows the rules, maybe it’s the speed, but for whatever reason he enjoys SW much more than others.

I find the good thing about SW is the theme is instantly recognizable and people enjoy the clips and the general excitement of flashing lights. Do they know the rules? Not a chance. But still fun for the newbie to bash some buttons and see yoda taunt them. Yet, for more experienced players it offers the challenge of rules, specific shots, etc.

So yeah, come join the party. It’s a great theme for home. Hope that helps a little bit.

#13066 1 year ago

I know the Death Star on the Pro edition doesn’t explode, but it *looks* like some kind of ramp might come down from the bottom somehow. If it can’t, then I don’t know why it has those lines on the bottom hemisphere that seem to align with the left inner loop. Can someone provide a definitive answer on this?

EC315CA0-F2F4-4BB2-93DB-4A1202CCF093 (resized).jpegEC315CA0-F2F4-4BB2-93DB-4A1202CCF093 (resized).jpeg
#13067 1 year ago
Quoted from SwarthVader:

I know the Death Star on the Pro edition doesn’t explode, but it *looks* like some kind of ramp might come down from the bottom somehow. If it can’t, then I don’t know why it has those lines on the bottom hemisphere that seem to align with the left inner loop. Can someone provide a definitive answer on this?

Made from same mold as Premium Death Star.

#13068 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Made from same mold as Premium Death Star.

Thanks

#13069 1 year ago

I'm have iron maiden pro if anyone is interested in unloading a SW premium

#13070 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Metal instruction card?

I had these done a long time ago, but all sold out. There was a waiting list for more, but it never filled. Just have some metal company print the original on a polished steel plate. Result attached. It's worth it if you ask me.

IMG-20180616-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20180616-WA0002 (resized).jpg
#13071 1 year ago

Picking up my 3rd Star Wars Premium today!

Bought one NIB comic in 2019 ... sold it ... bought one NIB premium in 2021 ... sold it ... picking up a NIB premium today and this one looks to stay. Love this game and every time I sell I almost immediately regret it.

Also, purchased a Full Playfield protector for this one as my others were riddled with dimples ... I've installed many on my machines and love them but this one looks like it may take me a while as there is plenty to remove. IF you've installed one on your SW Premium and have any tips let me know!

#13072 1 year ago

What's wrong with dimples?

#13073 1 year ago

Messing around in F360 trying to make a better helper post for the left outlane, but Autodesk is down for maintenance. Time to go for a beer!
*edit - posted to https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5625687

Screenshot 2022-11-12 155626 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-11-12 155626 (resized).jpg
#13074 1 year ago
Quoted from Knippen8:

Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

It turns out one of the switches on the fork ramp was just a bit too sensitive. I worked with Stern support and was able to adjust it. I'm back up and running!

#13075 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I had these done a long time ago, but all sold out. There was a waiting list for more, but it never filled. Just have some metal company print the original on a polished steel plate. Result attached. It's worth it if you ask me.
[quoted image]

If there's a group that wants to go in on these, I'm in!

#13076 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Messing around in F360 trying to make a better helper post for the left outlane, but Autodesk is down for maintenance. Time to go for a beer!
*edit - posted to https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5625687
[quoted image]

I’m not much of a painter but it turned out alright.

5A9BB620-69C4-407B-A5CC-F41E0A1F3849 (resized).jpeg5A9BB620-69C4-407B-A5CC-F41E0A1F3849 (resized).jpeg
#13077 1 year ago

Installed. It actually makes the left outlane the same size as the right after.

6BDA93D0-7360-4276-B567-DB7E8FBCE7C2 (resized).jpeg6BDA93D0-7360-4276-B567-DB7E8FBCE7C2 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13078 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Installed. It actually makes the left outlane the same size as the right after.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's pretty badass.

#13079 1 year ago

Lol that's awesome

#13080 1 year ago

Are you going to sell them?

#13081 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Are you going to sell them?

Nope. I put it out there for free to anyone with a 3D printer who wants to make them.

#13082 1 year ago

It’s gunna be a good day

156B2223-9B86-4FF0-A1D6-7A701724E95F (resized).jpeg156B2223-9B86-4FF0-A1D6-7A701724E95F (resized).jpeg
#13083 1 year ago

Awhile back I remember seeing some really nice space battle scenes made with X-wing game miniatures and piano wire. Anyone have pics they want to share? One in particular was done really well and I'd love to recreate it but I can't seem to find it posted in this thread.

#13084 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Awhile back I remember seeing some really nice space battle scenes made with X-wing game miniatures and piano wire. Anyone have pics they want to share? One in particular was done really well and I'd love to recreate it but I can't seem to find it posted in this thread.

Did you try going through the photos in the topic gallery at the top of the thread? I have found that to be a faster way to search for things sometimes rather than searching through the thread itself.

#13085 1 year ago

Hello everyone,

I’m having an issue on the right ramp switch (see image) of my SW Premium. The switch is intermittently working. When it stops working, I stick the handle end of a screw driver down the track and it eventually starts to work again. However after a few ball runs, it starts to fail again. Any advice would be appreciated. Any resources on disassembly that portion of the supercharger track would be appreciated too. Just would like to be informed before I take apart stuff.

39272A44-75D6-4592-A1C9-D8083846E8BB (resized).jpeg39272A44-75D6-4592-A1C9-D8083846E8BB (resized).jpeg
#13086 1 year ago

Sounds like the opto is out of adjustment.

#13087 1 year ago
Quoted from Knippen8:

Just ordered a Premium, it will be my first Pinball machine....
2. Top mods? ....

Sound wise just add a powered sub-woofer set under the cabinet on the floor. The Spike2 games have great mid and high frequency sound but sorely lacking the means for some gut punching bass! IMHO you don't need to spend $350+ to add another separate amp with a slightly larger speaker crammed inside the pin. As of this writing you can get the Polk Audio PSW-10 at Best Buy for $99. At that price I just bought an extra for my whenever next Spike2 purchase. If your capable of connecting 2 alligator clips to a small run of 2 conductor wire, you'll have all you need. The Polk puts out bass you can feel in your chest and you will smile all the way through your next play of Star Wars!

#13088 1 year ago

This has probably been asked a million times on this thread, but what is up with the odd slide rail system on Star Wars? It was 'new and improved' at the time but then not used going forward lol

#13089 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Sound wise just add a powered sub-woofer set under the cabinet on the floor. The Spike2 games have great mid and high frequency sound but sorely lacking the means for some gut punching bass! IMHO you don't need to spend $350+ to add another separate amp with a slightly larger speaker crammed inside the pin. As of this writing you can get the Polk Audio PSW-10 at Best Buy for $99. At that price I just bought an extra for my whenever next Spike2 purchase. If your capable of connecting 2 alligator clips to a small run of 2 conductor wire, you'll have all you need. The Polk puts out bass you can feel in your chest and you will smile all the way through your next play of Star Wars!

Damn, you must have a good best buy near you. Mine is $249 and it's $199 online (sold out)

I did score one on Amazon for $189 a few weeks ago though after watching the price for a few days.

As for the alligator clips, I bought the Pinnovators kit. $35 was a small price to pay for me to have something a little less "rigged" than alligator clips. Plus it comes with all the wires and connections.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

#13090 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Sounds like the opto is out of adjustment.

How do you adjust that? If there is an article or video you could point me to I would greatly appreciate it.

#13091 1 year ago

Optos are throughout the game. They act as switches. There are two components, the sender and receiver. One shines a light to the other. When the beam is broken, the switch registers. You need to access the opto boards, they are small, about 2 inches, and loosen the holding screws and realign. You will need to do some disassembly to get to them.

#13092 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

This is my machine. I would be flattered if you were talking about mine! Msg me if you have any questions.

20220519_224702 (resized).jpg20220519_224702 (resized).jpg20220519_224712 (resized).jpg20220519_224712 (resized).jpg

20220519_233628~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233628~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233711 (resized).jpg20220519_233711 (resized).jpg20220519_233907 (resized).jpg20220519_233907 (resized).jpg20220519_233920 (resized).jpg20220519_233920 (resized).jpg20220519_235152~2 (resized).jpg20220519_235152~2 (resized).jpg
#13093 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I just checked and it's at $199. Did I miss something big? $99 for that is a steal and I'd buy it right now!

#13094 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Optos are throughout the game. They act as switches. There are two components, the sender and receiver. One shines a light to the other. When the beam is broken, the switch registers. You need to access the opto boards, they are small, about 2 inches, and loosen the holding screws and realign. You will need to do some disassembly to get to them.

Thanks for replying BTW. Looking at the Stern Manual. It’s showing 57 is a micro switch. This switch is intermittent. It works, then for some reason, stops registering. I did some reading and I cannot locate an opto that works with the micro switch. So I’m thinking it’s the micro switch itself. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Maybe my first image was misleading. I went into switch diagnostics and toggled this micro switch and my 1st screen shot was the result.

7D1B11C4-5EA9-44AE-81EC-792A94C66E09 (resized).jpeg7D1B11C4-5EA9-44AE-81EC-792A94C66E09 (resized).jpeg
#13095 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I just checked and it's at $199. Did I miss something big? $99 for that is a steal and I'd buy it right now!

Well, I have an account with them but I don't think that mattered. Right Place Right Time? I dunno.

PSW10-BestBuy2-1 (resized).jpgPSW10-BestBuy2-1 (resized).jpg
#13096 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Well, I have an account with them but I don't think that mattered. Right Place Right Time? I dunno.[quoted image]

Do these really pop for it’s value and do they hold up over time?

I see I can pickup some locally myself.

#13097 1 year ago

Bummer.. seems the price increased. My local bestbuy is now charging $159

#13098 1 year ago

Thinking about getting my machine powder coated white. I never did any powder coating. Would love to see some pictures if you had yours done. I heard there is pinball refinery. Should I try a local shop to have it done?

#13099 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Thinking about getting my machine powder coated white. I never did any powder coating. Would love to see some pictures if you had yours done. I heard there is pinball refinery. Should I try a local shop to have it done?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-powder-coat-your-pinball-armor-for-29500-plus-return-shipping

Here’s a couple threads that have lots of pics and ideas.

Added: SW pin with white - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here/page/27#post-4135438

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/262 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.