• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg
20200112_210804.jpg
20200112_210819.jpg
20200111_191859.jpg
20200111_191842.jpg
20200111_191351.jpg
20200111_191334.jpg
20200111_191341.jpg
20200111_191300.jpg
20200111_191157.jpg
20200111_191240.jpg
20200111_191147.jpg
20200111_170853_HDR (resized).jpg
82790820_1220950488107934_7391565646137393152_n (resized).jpg
81559856_3121942514696867_3985339418549420032_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8376 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 168.
#1251 2 years ago

The only thing that matters is whether or not you like your game.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

This doesn't pop?

But like you said, to each their own.

I'm putting one of these in my mini LCD too. Bland and generic with the stock thick black bezel, plus the "targets increase shot multiplier" sticker with random font and mismatched black color looks like crap. The Laseriffic option is a nice upgrade.

Even if you hate the Laseriffic bezel, at least take off that text sticker. It's an eyesore.

IMG_9174 (resized).JPG

#1253 2 years ago

DUPE

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I've run into the oddest glitch. I'm not exactly sure how it's happening, but three times now my pin has gone completely dark with the flippers still working in the middle of playing. The pin will reboot itself after about 30 secs to a minute. All three times I was deep into the game with 4+ billion points. It has never happened to any score less than that. I'm at a loss for what could possibly be causing this.
Edit: It's a prem

It's unfortunate about the glitch, but on the bright side...GREAT SCORES! I certainly won't have to worry about this potential problem anytime in the foreseeable future.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

This doesn't pop?

But like you said, to each their own.

That looks bad ass!

#1256 2 years ago

Hello.
Has anyone made any custom instruction cards yet?

#1258 2 years ago

Thanks. Gotta be the record for the most amount of text on there!

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I made some for my game...

Look cool! But shouldn't you either darken or lighten the background to make it easier to read?

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Look cool! But shouldn't you either darken or lighten the background to make it easier to read?

I tried, but whatever color I used, my eyes just couldn't see them. Yellow was the best balance where I could see most of the text. Stern put too much text on the instruction cards. Nobody ever reads the cards anyway, at least I don't.

If someone wants the raw file I used to improve it, happy to send along. I literally just pulled images from Google, pasted into word and inserted a transparent text box over it, resized and printed. A graphics artist I am not...clearly.

#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I literally just pulled images from Google, pasted into word and inserted a transparent text box over it, resized and printed. A graphics artist I am not...clearly.

It beats the stock Stern ones, so I'll be trying to get them on this weekend. Thanks.

#1262 2 years ago
#1263 2 years ago

I prefer how the Prem plays overall, given how few toys exist on this pin. Anybody know if Dwight plans to tweak scoring at all? Once tournament players find out Death Star MB gives you all the points, they will hit 20 Bill and game might get banned.

Also what's up with 2-Way combos equal 130K points? That's like less than 1 penny in a Billion point game!

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Also what's up with 2-Way combos equal 130K points? That's like less than 1 penny in a Billion point game!

Multipliers, baby!

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Multipliers, baby!

yep that same shot is 5.2 million with 40x.

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Combos get you towards boba fett. That's their main purpose.

#1267 2 years ago

fosaisu I installed the nudie shooter lane protector. Not that easy, but certainly doable. I pushed it back from the edge of the lane as far as I could, but it hangs over very slightly. Gives great protection, but sometimes the ball will get hung on the end of it after kick out (hope this wears slightly and it won't do it, and it makes the ball drag slightly at the beginning of the plunge. If your used to plunging at a certain strength, it may take a little more to get that golden skill shot. It does protect the edge well. Hopefully the idiosyncrasies work out as the plastics slightly wears. And whoever made the new cards...THANKS! Printed on photo paper and they look awesome!

IMG_3819 (resized).JPG

IMG_3820 (resized).JPG

IMG_3821 (resized).JPG

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

fosaisu I installed the nudie shooter lane protector. Not that easy, but certainly doable. I pushed it back from the edge of the lane as far as I could, but it hangs over very slightly. Gives great protection, but sometimes the ball will get hung on the end of it after kick out (hope this wears slightly and it won't do it, and it makes the ball drag slightly at the beginning of the plunge. If your used to plunging at a certain strength, it may take a little more to get that golden skill shot. It does protect the edge well. Hopefully the idiosyncrasies work out as the plastics slightly wears.

I can see it's overhanging the shooter lane a bit, that seems sub-optimal. I wonder if the fit is slightly different machine to machine? Maybe it would help to shave the outer edge down with a razor blade (of course may be hard to do this while retaining the "invisible" look of the material). Could also slightly expand the screw hole size, but I imagine it would just creep back into the lane over time ...

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I can see it's overhanging the shooter lane a bit, that seems sub-optimal. I wonder if the fit is slightly different machine to machine? Or maybe it would help to shave the outer edge down with a razor blade (of course may be hard to do this while retaining the "invisible" look of the material). Could also slightly expand the screw hole size, but I imagine it would just creep back into the lane over time ...

Both are good ideas...you really have to install it to see. The razor shaving is the best option. I will try that tomorrow. I'll let you know.

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Both are good ideas...you really have to install it to see. The razor shaving is the best option. I will try that tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Cool - I hope you'll be removing it first to avoid hacking up your beautiful new shooter lane!

#1271 2 years ago

Yep. Best to go a little work than to screw up something permanent.

#1272 2 years ago

Here are some cool speaker panels developed for Star Wars pinball. The pattern matches the style of the siderails on the LE model. Lazer cut from high gloss acrylic and backed with a white metal speaker grill. I also make a matching custom PinCup in the same style and pattern. Also shown are some custom decals in white on the front and sides of the machine. I hope you guys like them. These and other cool mods can be seen at www.modfatherpinball.com

grills sw (10) (resized).jpgsw grills set (resized).pnggrills sw side view (5) (resized).jpggrills sw side view (1) (resized).jpg

#1273 2 years ago

To me this does look kind of interesting, but as long as it is not ONE complete replacement for the entire panel holding the screen and speakers it will always look added, kind of like those fake exhaust pipes, people use to pimp their rides. Not my cup of tea.

--> To get me interested, it would need to be a replacement for the entire panel holding the screen and speakers. It would need to match the original in choice of material, surface roughness and color. Then, you could charge REAL money for it. You will make the same profit with less parts and brand yourselves in a much more premium segment.

This is my personal opinion.

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Cool - I hope you'll be removing it first to avoid hacking up your beautiful new shooter lane!

Well, after a few games it settled in nicely and the ball no longer gets hung up and the added drag has significantly improved. It looks to be holding up well too...have about 50 games on it.

#1275 2 years ago

What a great game!

#1276 2 years ago

Wouldn't it look awesome to light the Pro plastic ramps with fiber-optics, similar to Tron? It would look like LIFE-SIZE LIGHTSABERS on going up both side of the cabinet! Imagine flashing them during the saber duel modes!

Edit: Add some lightsaber handle plastics at the bottom of the ramps, and it would actually look like two lightsabers flanking the playfield.

Edit 2: Add VERY crude mockup...

Star_Wars_Pinball_Lightsabers2 (resized).png

#1277 2 years ago

Added a small "mod" to my Premium. Trying to see if I can light it up with bright LED's from the backside if the Hyperspace loop is running.

IMG-0581 (resized).JPG

IMG-0579 (resized).JPG

#1278 2 years ago

Unpacked my LE yesterday. Wow this game is fast...

Normally I leave all my games on factory settings but here the outlanes are so brutal I wonder if it wouldn't be better to set them smaller? I'm a quiet careful player who doesn't move the pinball machine left and right to keep a ball into play.

How is yours setup?

#1279 2 years ago

Btw I also have an issue that quite often the ball jumps onto the left slingshot plastic when coming down the ramp.

Anyone else has this issue? How can this be fixed?

Thank you!

IMG_2731 (resized).JPG

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Unpacked my LE yesterday. Wow this game is fast...
Normally I leave all my games on factory settings but here the outlanes are so brutal I wonder if it wouldn't be better to set them smaller? I'm a quiet careful player who doesn't move the pinball machine left and right to keep a ball into play.
How is yours setup?

Congrats!

I lowered the outlane posts. Play it for a while first though and see how you do?

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Btw I also have an issue that quite often the ball jumps onto the left slingshot plastic when coming down the ramp.
Anyone else has this issue? How can this be fixed?
Thank you!

Guessing Stern will release a fix for that - maybe contact Stern to see if they haven't already.

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Added a small "mod" to my Premium. Trying to see if I can light it up with bright LED's from the backside if the Hyperspace loop is running.

Ha, awesome! But you should have put the quotation marks around "small", not "mod."

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

That's cool. I'd like to see it on an LE.

#1284 2 years ago

so, i'm hoping that today is my premiums DOB........

ship these babies out!

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

so, i'm hoping that today is my premiums DOB........
ship these babies out!

I asked my distributor today, and he said he still believes the next wave of Premiums are going into production this week. Let's both cross our fingers.

#1286 2 years ago

Still awaiting my premium

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Wouldn't it look awesome to light the Pro plastic ramps with fiber-optics, similar to Tron? It would look like LIFE-SIZE LIGHTSABERS on going up both side of the cabinet! Imagine flashing them during the saber duel modes!
Edit: Add some lightsaber handle plastics at the bottom of the ramps, and it would actually look like two lightsabers flanking the playfield.
Edit 2: Add VERY crude mockup...

A great idea. I think it would look cleaner just with the fibre optics all the around the the ramps (like Tron) without those lightsabers. To me they just don't look right.

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

A great idea. I think it would look cleaner just with the fibre optics all the around the the ramps (like Tron) without those lightsabers. To me they just don't look right.

I think they should just get rid of the plastic ramps altogether and replace them with metal ramps and wireforms.

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think they should just get rid of the plastic ramps altogether and replace them with metal ramps and wireforms.

You'll never get a job at Stern.

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

It would make it look like swe1 and no one wants that

#1291 2 years ago

Finally got all the modes done but, without destroying the Death Star is there no face the Emperor mode? I just played an extra ball and my 3rd for a long time with nothing, 7 Billion but no wizard mode.

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Finally got all the modes done but, without destroying the Death Star is there no face the Emperor mode? I just played an extra ball and my 3rd for a long time with nothing, 7 Billion but no wizard mode.

The emperor is in the wizard mode you need to play all the modes, collect 100 tie fighters, complete boba fett, spell force, and become a jedi master then shoot the left ramp to start

#1293 2 years ago

you are missing something else, check your instant info and it will tell you what completed. you don't have to destroy the death star, just need to play the mode.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

The emperor is in the wizard mode you need to play all the modes, collect 100 tie fighters, complete boba fett, spell force, and become a jedi master then shoot the left ramp to start

Ahh, thank you sir. I never completed Boba Fett, I don't think, I should have checked the instant info. Damn it.

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ahh, thank you sir. I never completed Boba Fett, I don't think, I should have checked the instant info. Damn it.

If you complete any of the 8 objectives to get to Jedi Multiball (emperor mode) the end of ball screen will show you what you have completed (in green) and what of the 8 requirements are left to do (in red).

#1296 2 years ago

The 8 requirements are: play each main scene MB (Hoth, Endor, Death Star, Tatooine), destroy 100 ties, complete Escape from Boba Fett, Lightsaber duel (not in game but currently spotted for you) and get to Jedi Master rank (not from the FORCE targets but rather from completing the Jedi Training small targets throughout the playfield).

#1297 2 years ago

I don't know how people are progressing, the shots are so fast and there is so much side to side movement. It's like iron man, you brick a shot and its in the outlanes, only worse because the shots seem shorter than ironman so the ball come back much faster at you. Even after a ball save the ball goes in the outlanes sometimes without ever even touching it with the flippers. I thought I was a scent plAyer, guess not.

I have to say though, this game is really addictive, I must have pushed start 15 times in a row last night and I sucked every game, never broke a billion. Still learning how to play.

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

check your instant info and it will tell you what completed.

Thank you for posting this. I'd never fully understood how to utilize Instant Info, i.e. didn't read the little yellow card. Up until now I've relied on my wife to be my wing-woman and tell me what to shoot next. My wife and I are having a blast with this game!

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don't know how people are progressing, the shots are so fast and there is so much side to side movement. It's like iron man, you brick a shot and its in the outlanes, only worse because the shots seem shorter than ironman so the ball come back much faster at you. Even after a ball save the ball goes in the outlanes sometimes without ever even touching it with the flippers. I thought I was a scent plAyer, guess not.
I have to say though, this game is really addictive, I must have pushed start 15 times in a row last night and I sucked every game, never broke a billion. Still learning how to play.

I should probably play with you from now on. Sounds like I might actually have a shot at winning a game. My wife even beats me at this game.

#1300 2 years ago

Here are a couple of custom PinCups for Star Wars pinball. The style matches the siderails on the LE model and artwork throughout the game. I can do the inside of the cup in different colors. Shown Chrome or Red . www.modfatherpinball.com

sw le pincup silver (resized).pngSW LE (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
There are 8376 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside