StarWarsLE-Detail-001-960x640 (resized).jpg
IMG_1164 (resized).jpeg
SWSpots (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_4618 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4619 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,361 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 308.
#12901 1 year ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

What games do you like to play now? I can always play my GOT and SW, any time and any day while at same time enjoying playing it differently each time. Those two games are similar in a lot of ways. Guess thats my go to.

Right now I got the GZ at home, which one I really, really love (but who not)! Just for its variety in every game that you play. You just can forget about points and try to get to Planet X or you try to maximize your points with all the bonuses. And it flows and flows and flows all night long. Also got the Mando (just bought it for the theme) but yeah, after owning it for 7 months and beating it a couple of times it feels quite repetitive, every game follows the same path. And the PF feels sooo squeezed, every shot has the same distance to the flipper fingers, the MBs just feel out of place. Also the stop and aim game is just not for me.
On a friends place I also enjoy his IronMaiden and his TMNT very much. Both feel brutal but very flowing and rewarding if you progress in them.

#12902 1 year ago

As someone who has all three, SW, JP and GZ, I agree with what was said before. Godzilla is the ultimate game of the three, that one isn’t going anywhere and is automatically one of the two, so as you say, the choice is between SW and JP. If you’re looking for variety I’d go GZ and SW. Because of the design JP and GZ are just too similar with one another. And honestly, since I got my GZ I hardly ever play JP, and if I was forced this very moment to get rid of anyone of my games it would be JP just because it’s so similar yet so inferior to GZ. Again, my opinion, but it’s shared with at least one other person (person with the Grateful Dead avatar, don’t remember the name).
Or just hop a flight and come over and play mine to decide….

#12903 1 year ago

Odd guy here. I've had my GZ for a few months and have less than 100 plays on it. I find SW so much more exciting to play. GZ doesn't have any of those get your heart going moments for me like SW does.

#12904 1 year ago

I suspect this has been covered before but are there any adjustments needed to make the Hyperspace shot more efficient? Pitch is right, level is right but the ball gets hung up for a second then falls back down more times than not even on a solid hit. I’d say it’s a 15-20% success rate even when the shot is nailed.

#12905 1 year ago

Yes, there is a significant fix for that. Balls coming up the fork ramp may be hitting the underside of the wireform above it, where that goes into the Death Star. There is a nut to adjust the vertical height of that wireform. You want this as high as it can go without balls on the wireform hitting the ceiling of the Death Star, so that there is more clearance underneath it for balls coming up the fork ramp.

#12906 1 year ago

I'm also having the case of the hyperloop entrance opto it registering sometimes, so it does not start hyperloop (at least I think that's an opto)

If it was an option alignement issue, it would trigger all the time, right?

#12907 1 year ago

Finally got a Star Wars Premium from the latest run, Wow why have I waited soo long? What an incredible fast flowing pinball machine. Very well done, will die with this game. My only complaint is where is Chewbacca ? The Hyperspace Loop is sooo good!!! Traded away a Metallica Pro, and pleased to say it was the right decision. Star Wars Excellent!!!! Too bad the Toppers are non existent.

#12908 1 year ago

Chewbacca shows up briefly in one spot. When you win Lightsaber Duel, the movie clip is Han climbing into the Falcon's cockpit, alongside Chewie. That's pretty much the only time you see him in the game, though.

#12909 1 year ago

So, somehow it happened. I joined the club! Bought a SW Pro yesterday and I really, really like it! It´s from 2017, doesn´t has IC inside but I have an IC kit here. Theres is also a SD with a Video/Soundmod, but it says V0.85. Is there a recent Version of it? Maybe one that even works with the IC-Kit?

#12910 1 year ago

Hi Guys. My wife was playing the game and she said a screw popped out in this h upper playfield and rolled down the flipper. I took the glass off but have no idea where it may go. Here is a picture. I put it beside one of the cabinet keys to understand the size. Any ideas are appreciated.

68F44D2A-6460-469D-8112-D65538FC3172 (resized).jpeg68F44D2A-6460-469D-8112-D65538FC3172 (resized).jpeg
#12911 1 year ago

Back of the tie fighter?

#12912 1 year ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Back of the tie fighter?

It is always the back of the tie fighter.

#12913 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It is always the back of the tie fighter.

You guys are awesome. It would have taken me a while to find out where that went. I am assuming that it may have been loose coming from the factory or worked its way out due to use. Either way, I really appreciate your help.

#12914 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yes, there is a significant fix for that. Balls coming up the fork ramp may be hitting the underside of the wireform above it, where that goes into the Death Star. There is a nut to adjust the vertical height of that wireform. You want this as high as it can go without balls on the wireform hitting the ceiling of the Death Star, so that there is more clearance underneath it for balls coming up the fork ramp.

Made this adjustment. Shot is spot on now. Thanks!

#12915 1 year ago

After realizing i am unwilling to pay for the Stern topper, I put this on for the topper using the usb on the board for power. $70 with 8 left in Amazon. Go git you some!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08MQ13L3C

20221002_205927 (resized).jpg20221002_205927 (resized).jpg20221002_205907 (resized).jpg20221002_205907 (resized).jpg
#12916 1 year ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

After realizing i am unwilling to pay for the Stern topper, I put this on for the topper using the usb on the board for power. $70 with 8 left in Amazon. Go git you some!
amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

That poses a question I’m wondering if people are tracking the price of Sterns Star Wars topper.

What is the sellable rate right now? I’ve seen the $3,000+ one at Pinside marketplace, but they has not moved at that price.

#12917 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

That poses a question I’m wondering if people are tracking the price of Sterns Star Wars topper.
What is the sellable rate right now? I’ve seen the $3,000+ one at Pinside marketplace, but they has not moved at that price.

It is a bit odd that Stern has not made more of these toppers available given the continued production of the machine.

#12918 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

It is a bit odd that Stern has not made more of these toppers available given the continued production of the machine.

Not that I agree but they marketed them as limited with a number plaque on each topper.

#12919 1 year ago

I'd accept another 500 as BB-8 in that case

Quoted from Psw757:

Not that I agree but they marketed them as limited with a number plaque on each topper.

#12920 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

I'd accept another 500 as BB-8 in that case

BB-8 doesn’t exist yet in the timeline that the game represents(episodes 4-6). Why not IG-11? Mando himself? How about the Enterprise? Just as irrelevant.

I think the limited R2 toppers probably has more to do with convoluted Disney licensing than lack of vision from Stern.

#12921 1 year ago

I succesfully updated my SW with Insider Connected for $30 (requires a newer machine with the scanner)-- instructions are here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-share-stern-ic-reader-with-other-games/ with the links to the extra parts you need from Amazon.

Basically you connect the QR scanner ethernet cable (which is used as a serial cable, not tcp/ip FWIW) to the RJ45 port on the back of the mini LCD display, add a network dongle and microSD card, and you can connect it up, setup a home team, then disconnect the scanner. Here's a pic. You could also "share" an IC kit with other local pinsiders if you just want to connect it up for home use and not screw up the apron.

Had some great fun working on achievements, you can also hold left flipper and press the action button to cycle through the achievements so you can see some gameplay goals.

If anyone bought the IC kit, I do wonder where it says to connect it to on Star Wars since the only RJ45 port I found was on the back of the mini-LCD on the playfield.

IC success (resized).jpgIC success (resized).jpg
#12922 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I succesfully updated my SW with Insider Connected for $30 (requires a newer machine with the scanner)-- instructions are here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-share-stern-ic-reader-with-other-games/ with the links to the extra parts you need from Amazon.
Basically you connect the QR scanner ethernet cable (which is used as a serial cable, not tcp/ip FWIW) to the RJ45 port on the back of the mini LCD display, add a network dongle and microSD card, and you can connect it up, setup a home team, then disconnect the scanner. Here's a pic. You could also "share" an IC kit with other local pinsiders if you just want to connect it up for home use and not screw up the apron.
Had some great fun working on achievements, you can also hold left flipper and press the action button to cycle through the achievements so you can see some gameplay goals.
If anyone bought the IC kit, I do wonder where it says to connect it to on Star Wars since the only RJ45 port I found was on the back of the mini-LCD on the playfield.
[quoted image]

The SW apron replacement kit comes with an RJ45 splitter. Or you can connect to the screen.

#12923 1 year ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

amazon.com link »

Nice! Did you mount it in some way?

#12924 1 year ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Well, if Insider Connected with online updates and achievements isn't substantial, I tend to agree I don't expect anything else. Which is a shame really, I think SW is an ideal game for cooperative multiplayer and there is so much potential for collaboration gameplay. Imagine each player playing as a different character and mode stacking to destroy the deathstar and kill the emperor!

Waddaya say Dwight? One more real update with coop mode added in addition to bug fixes (the hyperloop multiball bug). Xaqery

#12925 1 year ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

amazon.com link »

That looks great

#12926 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Never selling mine "300" of 500 it’s the first thing visitors comment on when R2 beeps and spins with only 500 made its almost as rare as hens teeth .

#12927 1 year ago

Hey, quick question on the spotlight positioned right behind the Death Star : when my playfield is "all lit" (I chose that as default mode when switching the machine on), I noticed it was not lit and I'm wondering if I'm having an issue or if it's normal (the LED itself works fine when I switch it to another spotlight).
When is it supposed to be lit ?

#12928 1 year ago

Good morning/afternoon,

Quick question: I have a playfield protector (which I do intend to keep), and I have a small issue with it , sometimes the part of the protector on the Death star ramp is pulled "up" because it moves slightly left and right, to the point that the ramp fork are not aligned with the slot in the PF, so it lifts it when raising up. This is primarily because it seems there is a cut at the back of the protector, just behind the ramp (so at the back of the orbits), so it can somewhat shift.

I was planning to add a small piece of invisible tape beneath the PF, at this area (which is just anyway not visible), but has anyone else seen this issue, and if so how did you resolve it ?

Thanks

#12929 1 year ago

Need help!
All my insert lights stay on in attract mode?
Work perfect during gameplay and in test mode .
What should I be looking at?

15ECC1F5-800E-4891-8BAC-340A7BD30297 (resized).jpeg15ECC1F5-800E-4891-8BAC-340A7BD30297 (resized).jpeg
#12930 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Need help!
All my insert lights stay on in attract mode?
Work perfect during gameplay and in test mode .
What should I be looking at?
[quoted image]

Check your settings in adjustments for attract. I'm pretty sure there is a setting that will address the inserts for how they act.

#12931 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Check your settings in adjustments for attract. I'm pretty sure there is a setting that will address the inserts for how they act.

Thank you !!
You where right.
What a weird setting.

#12932 1 year ago

Super excited, joined the Star Wars Club today!

20221011_214114 (resized).jpg20221011_214114 (resized).jpg
#12933 1 year ago

Just joined the club last night! Traded a cactus canyon remake for this game NIB! Loved cactus canyon for the past 5 months, but my wife had a hard time seeing the game when it all went red. Her vision isn’t getting any better, however she tried this game at my friends house and really enjoyed it. Plus she could see it!!! A few post later on pinside and BAM, Star Wars premium in the house! Build date is August 19, 2022! I’ve actually been wanting this game since I saw it on location a while ago, and finally I have it. My goodness this is a fast game. Played one game before going to bed anfter brings it in the house and DANG! A lot faster than ones wornout on location!

I was wondering how much a shaker motor is integrated into this game? I just ordered one from pinball life, but should have asked here first. I enjoyed the subtle input on cactus canyon, and Godzilla is nice without being intrusive.

Thank you!

972CE37E-841F-474B-8341-DD76759D126D (resized).jpeg972CE37E-841F-474B-8341-DD76759D126D (resized).jpeg
#12934 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just joined the club last night! Traded a cactus canyon remake for this game NIB! Loved cactus canyon for the past 5 months, but my wife had a hard time seeing the game when it all went red. Her vision isn’t getting any better, however she tried this game at my friends house and really enjoyed it. Plus she could see it!!! A few post later on pinside and BAM, Star Wars premium in the house! Build date is August 19, 2022! I’ve actually been wanting this game since I saw it on location a while ago, and finally I have it. My goodness this is a fast game. Played one game before going to bed anfter brings it in the house and DANG! A lot faster than ones wornout on location!
I was wondering how much a shaker motor is integrated into this game? I just ordered one from pinball life, but should have asked here first. I enjoyed the subtle input on cactus canyon, and Godzilla is nice without being intrusive.
Thank you!
[quoted image]

jetmechinnc hey see this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-share-stern-ic-reader-with-other-games for info on hooking up Star Wars to insider connected using Godzilla's scanner (which you just temporarily connect to SW to get it registered). You can do it for about $30 and have home team on Star Wars. Also, I removed my shaker from SW, I thought it was too much and like it better without, especially in video mode (I moved the shaker to Godzilla).

#12935 1 year ago

After upgrading to the newest code, the stub that stops the ball on the left ball wire path (forgot what those things are called) on "select a death star mode" and "lightsaber dual" has stopped working, and the ball just continues in play. Which seems like it may be intentional to keep the ball flow (I kinda like it) but wondering if this was a change in the code or if that thing broke on me.

#12936 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

After upgrading to the newest code, the stub that stops the ball on the left ball wire path (forgot what those things are called) on "select a death star mode" and "lightsaber dual" has stopped working, and the ball just continues in play. Which seems like it may be intentional to keep the ball flow (I kinda like it) but wondering if this was a change in the code or if that thing broke on me.

Sounds broken. My game is up to date and my up post works still. Played last night and it happened numerous times.

#12937 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Sounds broken. My game is up to date and my up post works still. Played last night and it happened numerous times.

Thanks! Time for some repair. I did have to work on that post when I first got the pin (was new), it wasn't retracting enough and balls would get stuck. That's the only pinball repair I've had to do.

#12938 1 year ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

amazon.com link »

Where did you get the speaker logos? I've looked all over for them and can't seem to find any.

#12939 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Where did you get the speaker logos? I've looked all over for them and can't seem to find any.

I believe they were Mezel, but I don't see them on the site now

#12940 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I think Doug at speakerlightkits.com has them

#12941 1 year ago

I’ve had my SW Prem for almost a year and I love it. I just have a small problem with the lever in the back orbit lane just under the super charger. Ive included some pictures that show the ball getting stuck. A few bumps can knock it out. But I would like to know if there is an easy fix for this before I mess with removing the supercharger in order to get to the problem area.

Thanks for any advice.

0ACC841E-7168-4ED4-8D98-4ECD72064A8B (resized).jpeg0ACC841E-7168-4ED4-8D98-4ECD72064A8B (resized).jpeg7A9E9F89-7D86-4B2F-941C-0173FA8F8CAC (resized).jpeg7A9E9F89-7D86-4B2F-941C-0173FA8F8CAC (resized).jpegD86F02EF-FD29-4192-B6ED-C083795F524D (resized).jpegD86F02EF-FD29-4192-B6ED-C083795F524D (resized).jpeg
#12942 1 year ago

I am really enjoying my new Star Wars pin, however the one item I'm not happy with is the SDTM shot I seem to get when shooting the orbit around the Death Star when going counter clockwise. It doesn't happen all the time, but with a fast ball, it goes right between the flippers. Kinda sucks. It does not appear to have any adjustments. Has anyone else had this issue and came up with a solution?

Thank you,

#12943 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I am really enjoying my new Star Wars pin, however the one item I'm not happy with is the SDTM shot I seem to get when shooting the orbit around the Death Star when going counter clockwise. It doesn't happen all the time, but with a fast ball, it goes right between the flippers. Kinda sucks. It does not appear to have any adjustments. Has anyone else had this issue and came up with a solution?
Thank you,

If you look at the lane guides you can see that there is some adjustment if you loosen the nut under the playfield and apply pressure to the lane guide to push it as far left as possible before retightening the nut. This should snug that lane guide that goes under the death start to the left just enough to avoid the STDM. I did this same thing to widen the death star shot slightly.

#12944 1 year ago

Anyone have idea pitch handy for a SW premium? I've played around with several different slopes but can't seem to find the sweet spot. Thanks!

#12945 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

you can see that there is some adjustment if you loosen the nut under the playfield and apply pressure to the lane guide to push it as far left as possible before retightening the nut.

Cool. At first glance I didn’t think it could be moved. I will give it a try! Thank you for the tip!

#12946 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Thank you,

I feel your pain. This happens if I hit the Death Star from the right flipper like 75% of the time.

#12947 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Anyone have idea pitch handy for a SW premium? I've played around with several different slopes but can't seem to find the sweet spot. Thanks!

6.5 seems to be the sweet spot for most.

#12948 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

I’m at 6.8 and it’s a little aggressive but I found 6.5 the ball was very floaty.

#12950 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Thank you!
[quoted image]

The shaker is awesome and well integrated in this game. One of the best really. To each their own but having a shaker in SW makes for a lot more fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Stockton, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,361 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.