SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 302.
#12851 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Yup, just me hoping it was $99 instead of $199. For those whom have done it, I’ve got one pinsiders opinion…
Do you see value in the insider connect for Star Wars.

I'd buy 2 for SW and Mando at $99. I'm out at $199. I'd still have to buy the door mount cause I hate the way it looks on the apron.

#12852 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Yup, just me hoping it was $99 instead of $199. For those whom have done it, I’ve got one pinsiders opinion…

I just said it worked great from the door. The value of having IC on your game is really up to you to determine. Is chasing after achievements a motivator for you? If not then I would pass. I like achievements but I can't say I am actively trying to get them all. I find it interesting when I get a new one but otherwise I don't get much value out of it.

#12853 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I think it would be worth it, but I'm a fan of the insider achievements and objectives. It gives me extra replay value, and my friends like coming over and seeing if they can get certain achievements making for some friendly competition.

For instance, on BM66, one achievement is for getting all three kinds of skill shots in one single game. I mean, who would even try for that if it wasn't for this Insider Connected (I/C) achievement list?

Due to various things like that in each Spike 2 game with I/C installed, I think it's a lot of fun. However, some people could also not care less.

#12854 1 year ago

Is midnight madness multiball still in the current code?

#12855 1 year ago
Quoted from PinheadPete:

Is midnight madness multiball still in the current code?

No. It was removed completely 2 versions ago. There is a version just before that where it is dormant in the code and could be re-enabled by modifying the code.

#12856 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

No. It was removed completely 2 versions ago. There is a version just before that where it is dormant in the code and could be re-enabled by modifying the code.

I think code version 1.10

#12857 1 year ago

If anybody has installed the apron mounted IC kit in their Mando and they no longer want the plastic art that they removed, please dm me as mine came with IC and I don't want it.

#12858 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

If anybody has installed the apron mounted IC kit in their Mando and they no longer want the plastic art that they removed, please dm me as mine came with IC and I don't want it.

Maybe you should post in the Mando thread?

#12859 1 year ago

Day five on my Pro:

gc 15b (resized).jpggc 15b (resized).jpg

All factory settings including the outlanes. As Luke, racked up 11b and won Jedi Multiball, then switched to Han who started with the multiplier already at 40x, and I hit another Hyperspace hurryup for 2 billion, then a 40x video mode and a bunch of bonus.

Question: What exactly is Luke's character power? The Tiltforums rulesheet says he can add-a-ball, but I don't seem to see that working. The button doesn't light up or do anything in Hyperspace or Tie Fighter multiballs. During planet/Victory multiballs, he can get it from the Force targets but that's the same as everyone else. There's also references early in this thread to Luke getting a free completion of the Force targets, but I don't see that happening either. It's hard to sort out what's current and what only existed in early code.

#12860 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Day five on my Pro:
[quoted image]
All factory settings including the outlanes. As Luke, racked up 11b and won Jedi Multiball, then switched to Han who started with the multiplier already at 40x, and I hit another Hyperspace hurryup for 2 billion, then a 40x video mode and a bunch of bonus.
Question: What exactly is Luke's character power? The Tiltforums rulesheet says he can add-a-ball, but I don't seem to see that working. The button doesn't light up or do anything in Hyperspace or Tie Fighter multiballs. During planet/Victory multiballs, he can get it from the Force targets but that's the same as everyone else. There's also references early in this thread to Luke getting a free completion of the Force targets, but I don't see that happening either. It's hard to sort out what's current and what only existed in early code.

If I recall correctly, the perk with Luke is that he is strong with the force. Practically, it means it is easier to rank him up to jedi master (i.e. via the small "Jedi Training" stand up targets (not the FORCE drop targets). Ranking up to jedi master is one of the 8 requirements to fight the Emperor.

R2D2's perk is that his multiplier goes up faster, but it also narrows the number of shots quicker (i.e. higher value, but less shots lit).

Han makes it easier to get the Boba Fett (i.e. combos).

Leia has the shot multiplier +3X if you in a 4th Mission multiball.

#12861 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Maybe you should post in the Mando thread?

I am cross posting because I am having no luck anywhere on getting this simple part.

#12862 1 year ago

Anyone have a set of inner art blades for sale? I think it’s stupid these are twice the cost new for a 3 pack when your only using 1 pair.
So looking to buy a pair someone isn’t using. You recoup money, I get blades cheaper. We both win lol.
Also, I just brought my new SW home last night and boy do I regret not doing it sooner. Listened to the haters too much on this one. Love it!

#12863 1 year ago

Is there a “Star Wars for dummies” video to watch to help me understand the rules/characters? Just got it last night and want to attempt, key word there, to understand the best ways to play this

#12864 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Is there a “Star Wars for dummies” video to watch to help me understand the rules/characters? Just got it last night and want to attempt, key word there, to understand the best ways to play this

Best way is learning on your own! Makes it more rewarding!

#12865 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

This is the path I usually follow and put up my best scores.

#12866 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Best way is learning on your own! Makes it more rewarding!

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say that, or play better lol. I’m trying to get the best basic understanding not a let me win a dang tournament lol

#12867 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Thank you!

#12868 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

play this to understand the best way...

as said already, easier & funny way
my 1st advice would be to just understand and concentrate on the colors code, that's the easiest way to undertand what is going on the playfield
now, lets be serious, SW is not a pin for dummies lol inside, but this pin will quickly become frustrating for more than few guys, its hard for sure

#12869 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

play this to understand the best way...
as said already, easier & funny way, just understand and concentrate on the colors code
now, lets be serious, SW is not a pin for dummies lol inside, but this pin will quickly become frustrating for more than few guys, its hard for sure

#12870 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Did the scoring for Han get nerfed in 1.1 code

I played the Han strat successfully in league and didnt blow the score up much at just under 1 Bil. I didnt do great in the multiballs but wondered if something was different.

My best in competition with that strat was 5.5 Bil on 1.05 code.

#12871 1 year ago

Does anyone has an alternate ROM based of 1.20 with real SW music ? There's one on 1.10, but don't know about 1.20

Thanks

#12872 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

Did the scoring for Han get nerfed in 1.1 code
I played the Han strat successfully in league and didnt blow the score up much at just under 1 Bil. I didnt do great in the multiballs but wondered if something was different.
My best in competition with that strat was 5.5 Bil on 1.05 code.

I'm not sure. The main goal of the han strat is to get to multiball with the fewest shots and get the multiplier up for video mode, hurry ups and other shots.

#12873 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

If I recall correctly, the perk with Luke is that he is strong with the force. Practically, it means it is easier to rank him up to jedi master (i.e. via the small "Jedi Training" stand up targets (not the FORCE drop targets). Ranking up to jedi master is one of the 8 requirements to fight the Emperor.
R2D2's perk is that his multiplier goes up faster, but it also narrows the number of shots quicker (i.e. higher value, but less shots lit).
Han makes it easier to get the Boba Fett (i.e. combos).
Leia has the shot multiplier +3X if you in a 4th Mission multiball.

I'm not so sure about that (except Leia, that's known.) What you're describing are the ball-start options for each character, not the ongoing power. All of those come from ball-start options: Luke is always offered the Jedi rank up option, R2 is always offered +3 shot multiplier, Han is always offered Light Escape from Boba Fett. But if you don't choose that particular ball-start option, none of that happens. I'm trying to know the ongoing powers for Luke and Han.

sw luke (resized).jpgsw luke (resized).jpg

sw han (resized).jpgsw han (resized).jpg

sw r2 (resized).jpgsw r2 (resized).jpg

This is what the game shows on the info screens. I guess the only ongoing powers that Luke and Han really have are the increased scoring during those modes? And "Strong with the Force" is only a thematic description, it has nothing to do with the Force targets in-game. I think the Tiltforums rulesheet is just wrong or outdated in saying that Luke has an add-a-ball power. I don't think he does.

#12874 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

All Spike 2 games were just updated. Reset issue has been fixed.

Update did not fix the "reset" bug for me, its not a reset but actually an end ball bug during gameplay to be a bit more concise.
Anyone else still having the bug?

#12875 1 year ago

Hi All,

I have had Star Wars for about 3 weeks. I love it and it is amazingly fast. In fact, it is too fast. The ball has come down so fast at times it has hit the glass and jumped the flipper. I have checked the level and the cabinet bubble is in the center.

Any tips? Should the game be leveled to the top part of the in-cabinet level or is this to be expected?

#12876 1 year ago
Quoted from MitchMitchell:

Update did not fix the "reset" bug for me, its not a reset but actually an end ball bug during gameplay to be a bit more concise.
Anyone else still having the bug?

FYI - Unplugged my QR Reader while the pin was off, after 30 credits not a single instance of the reset/ball ending bug.

#12877 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

Hi All,
I have had Star Wars for about 3 weeks. I love it and it is amazingly fast. In fact, it is too fast. The ball has come down so fast at times it has hit the glass and jumped the flipper. I have checked the level and the cabinet bubble is in the center.
Any tips? Should the game be leveled to the top part of the in-cabinet level or is this to be expected?

This was happening to me. Make sure the game is at about 6.5 degrees. I use my phone with the pinball level app. I also tried a few different flipper bands and found factory rubber to be the best at preventing this. It still happens occasionally but not nearly as much.

#12878 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

This was happening to me. Make sure the game is at about 6.5 degrees. I use my phone with the pinball level app. I also tried a few different flipper bands and found factory rubber to be the best at preventing this. It still happens occasionally but not nearly as much.

Do you use the level flat on the playfield with the glass off or on top of the glass?

#12879 1 year ago

On the playfield with the glass off. The app I have is PinGuy for iPhone.

#12880 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

On the playfield with the glass off. The app I have is PinGuy for iPhone.

Thanks. Took a look at it and it is a little less than desired but should make the game slower. It is at 6.4

Should I look at lowering the strength of the flippers?

#12881 1 year ago

NM

#12882 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

Hi All,

Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Low bounce flipper rubbers from Titan are practically a necessity on this game. Changes the feel and allows for you to actually control the ball.

I have a complete game set of clears with LOW BOUNCE flipper rubbers on their website. That way you don't have to go picking out each one.

And clear is definitely the way to go also. Very clean look.

#12883 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I'm not so sure about that (except Leia, that's known.) What you're describing are the ball-start options for each character, not the ongoing power. All of those come from ball-start options: Luke is always offered the Jedi rank up option, R2 is always offered +3 shot multiplier, Han is always offered Light Escape from Boba Fett. But if you don't choose that particular ball-start option, none of that happens. I'm trying to know the ongoing powers for Luke and Han.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
This is what the game shows on the info screens. I guess the only ongoing powers that Luke and Han really have are the increased scoring during those modes? And "Strong with the Force" is only a thematic description, it has nothing to do with the Force targets in-game. I think the Tiltforums rulesheet is just wrong or outdated in saying that Luke has an add-a-ball power. I don't think he does.

Phew this is a hard one.

Each player lights a different set and number of worlds. Then they each have powers. I know Han is what I use bc it's easiest to get to multiball and has the right combo of worlds lit for my liking.

Luke has +5 tie fighters at start also but doesn't light the world's I like. He is also strong with the force so it's easier throughout the game to level him up to Jedi.

I think R2 has to do with shot multipliers. And Leia..... Uhhhh.... I dunno. I usually only play as Han.

The game is so deep.... Maybe I should try different methods. I just find my best scoring and games are through the Han path.

#12884 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Phew this is a hard one.
Each player lights a different set and number of worlds. Then they each have powers. I know Han is what I use bc it's easiest to get to multiball and has the right combo of worlds lit for my liking.
Luke has +5 tie fighters at start also but doesn't light the world's I like. He is also strong with the force so it's easier throughout the game to level him up to Jedi.
I think R2 has to do with shot multipliers. And Leia..... Uhhhh.... I dunno. I usually only play as Han.
The game is so deep.... Maybe I should try different methods. I just find my best scoring and games are through the Han path.

Lea is for (very) good players only (did i say geek !? lol)...
its my son favorite, and he master her in a way i simply cant ! because you have to makes modes shoots in combo, while using/moving the multiplicators, and then only you'll get big points

impossible for myself, really, at 56 years old, i cant do the same, i'm not fast enough to think+react+aim right all in the same time
and when i watch my son (27), seems he really have a 3rd hand to use that lockbar button !!!

#12885 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Low bounce flipper rubbers from Titan are practically a necessity on this game. Changes the feel and allows for you to actually control the ball.
I have a complete game set of clears with LOW BOUNCE flipper rubbers on their website. That way you don't have to go picking out each one.
And clear is definitely the way to go also. Very clean look.

Great idea. Would you be able to provide a link for where I can purchase these?

#12886 1 year ago

Hey guys, need some opinions! Thinking about joining the club! Right now I got a GZ Pro and a Mando Pro. Will sell the Mando, because I only have space for 2 pins. Now I have to decide between a JP-Pro and a StarWars-Pro. I love both themes, but the theme of StarWars much more to be honest. Played both on location, just for about 10 games each (next JP is about 2hours drive, next SW about 3hours in different directions), so I can´t drive there to play them again and again.
What do you guys think is the better pin and why? Especially for a long term? And with a GZ-Pro next to it.

Thank you guys! (And yes, I will post the same on the JP-Thread for comparison)
Chris

#12887 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Hey guys, need some opinions! Thinking about joining the club! Right now I got a GZ Pro and a Mando Pro. Will sell the Mando, because I only have space for 2 pins. Now I have to decide between a JP-Pro and a StarWars-Pro. I love both themes, but the theme of StarWars much more to be honest. Played both on location, just for about 10 games each (next JP is about 2hours drive, next SW about 3hours in different directions), so I can´t drive there to play them again and again.
What do you guys think is the better pin and why? Especially for a long term? And with a GZ-Pro next to it.
Chris

I have JP Prem, SW Prem and GZ Prem. If I could only have two I would have SW and GZ. People may not agree with me but I think GZ and JP are too similar in layout though reversed. Yes they play differently but side by side they just beg to be compared. Both are giant lizard themes. Both are Elwin. Both have the Elwin style. SW is just different and fun/challenging in totally different ways than GZ or JP. My 2 cents.

#12888 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

https://www.titanpinball.com/

#12889 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Chris

I pick GZ and SW as well... I'm bias as well though, because I have both tables. SW is particularly fun for home ownership too, as not only is the table brutally hard (which is a good thing long-term) but each character has some different modes and play differently with different paths to victory.

#12890 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Chris

I had SW pro and JP premium at the same time. I cut my collection in half and still have SW with JP moved on down the road. SW is just fun and the assets are great (and yes, I had the movie code installed on JP). Really enjoyed JP, but SW was an easy winner.

#12891 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Chris

I find JP pro to be boring. I have walked away with credits on the machine. Go for the Star Wars. It has much better flow.

#12892 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I find JP pro to be boring.

I quite enjoyed JP, but it didn't beat SW

#12893 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Chris

I have a Godzilla Pro, Star Wars Pro, and JP Premium and if I had to drop down to 2 games it would be JP and SW. But I think SW and GZ is a better combo than GZ and JP. I really like how fast and loose SW Pro plays. In your situation I would get the SW and if you get sick if Godzilla trade it out for a JP.

#12894 1 year ago

Incredible critical failure tonight on SW Prem, I thought unplugging the QR reader was the solution to the current code bug but that is not the case. Crashed mid ball and 20 inserts shut off. On the next ball I shot 1 of the dark inserts (left orbit) and it just ended my game. I filmed it all actually, and will post a link after I get it online. After power cycle my inserts came back and the game played 1 credit normally. Im currently seeking code 1.10 to anyone who has it, my game shipped with 1.21 sadly. I so wish I got this game before Insider Connect was added to it, Id also have the Luke apron decal with a working game.

#12895 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Chris

They are still making SW that in of it self should tell you something !
And I don’t see how one can tire of GZ best stern to date!

#12896 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/byGame/5700

My kit says "low bounce (must have for this game)" in the description. It's a few kits down the list.

#12897 1 year ago

The switch on my right ramp keeps falling down in the hole, and I can barely get my finger in there to push it back up. Every 2-10 games it falls down again, and I have to take of the glass and push it up again.

Has anyone replaced that switch in their game? I’m worried that I have to take the everything apart to access it, and probably break something in the process.

Thanks

#12898 1 year ago
Quoted from MitchMitchell:

Incredible critical failure tonight on SW Prem, I thought unplugging the QR reader was the solution to the current code bug but that is not the case. Crashed mid ball and 20 inserts shut off. On the next ball I shot 1 of the dark inserts (left orbit) and it just ended my game. I filmed it all actually, and will post a link after I get it online. After power cycle my inserts came back and the game played 1 credit normally. Im currently seeking code 1.10 to anyone who has it, my game shipped with 1.21 sadly. I so wish I got this game before Insider Connect was added to it, Id also have the Luke apron decal with a working game.

PM sent

#12899 1 year ago

Hey guys, many thanks to all your answers! As expected you guys tell me to get the SW and the JP guys telling me the opposite. The variety of the pins is definitive an argument for the SW but I have a slight tending to the JP right now because the shoot variety on the machine itself seems a little bit better than on SW (and it seems that JP is harder, what is also a pro for JP) But I am just a little bit on the JP side, this can change again. Maybe I can play both side by side this weekend, this would definitely help. But thank you anyway!

#12900 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Hey guys, many thanks to all your answers! As expected you guys tell me to get the SW and the JP guys telling me the opposite. The variety of the pins is definitive an argument for the SW but I have a slight tending to the JP right now because the shoot variety on the machine itself seems a little bit better than on SW (and it seems that JP is harder, what is also a pro for JP) But I am just a little bit on the JP side, this can change again. Maybe I can play both side by side this weekend, this would definitely help. But thank you anyway!

What games do you like to play now? I can always play my GOT and SW, any time and any day while at same time enjoying playing it differently each time. Those two games are similar in a lot of ways. Guess thats my go to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/258?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.