IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 301.
#12651 1 year ago

Hope to be in the club with this next run of Premiums, anything I should look to tweak when it gets here? I'm going to do my standard replacement of the rubbers with Titans, washers under ball guids, and posts.

#12652 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I also 3d printed my own drop targets as Zit told me he was doubtful they would ever be back in stock.

I said i wasn't sure when they'd be in stock.
It took over 6months to get a new vendor spun up.
Now we have stock.
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/drop-target-stern-p-48.html

#12653 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I said i wasn't sure when they'd be in stock.
It took over 6months to get a new vendor spun up.
Now we have stock.
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/drop-target-stern-p-48.html

Perfect timing.. Just ordered my 5.

#12654 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Hope to be in the club with this next run of Premiums, anything I should look to tweak when it gets here? I'm going to do my standard replacement of the rubbers with Titans, washers under ball guids, and posts.

The big thing to tweak with a Premium is the fork ramp that goes into the Death Star. There is an adjustment point where the height of the ramp can be changed vertically. To get balls into the DS consistently, you want this as high as you can get it without balls hitting the ceiling, so they have a little room to fall as they enter the sphere.

Added 18 months ago:

The big thing to tweak with a Premium is the hyperloop wireform that goes into the Death Star. There is an adjustment point where the height of the ramp can be changed vertically. You want this as high as you can go without balls hitting the roof of the DS, in order to make more clearance underneath it for balls coming up the fork ramp.

#12655 1 year ago

I made a nice kit on their website for it. All clears with LOW BOUNCE flipper rubbers. Absolutely a must for this game. Low bounce is a game changer.

Make sure your orbits land correctly. May also need to tweak the VUK so as to not go sdtm.

Some people have had problems with the DS ramp but I never have.

You'll find them as you go.

#12656 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I made a nice kit on their website for it. All clears with LOW BOUNCE flipper rubbers. Absolutely a must for this game. Low bounce is a game changer.
Make sure your orbits land correctly. May also need to tweak the VUK so as to not go sdtm.
Some people have had problems with the DS ramp but I never have.
You'll find them as you go.

I just can't figure out how to dial the DS ramp for my part. Highly frustrating, this is the one shot which is pretty much random. I've seen people being able to backhand it after tweaking playfield level, no luck for me

Maybe the low bounce rubbers are one option indeed, I'll take a look

Also, I finally managed to scan my QR code for IC, not sure why it was not working originally.

However I reverted back to a non IC version, I find the official soundtrack absolutely awful.

#12657 1 year ago

Star Wars hinge covers

bf9fca5f79c2b5a209a50250614bfef176d88045 (resized).jpgbf9fca5f79c2b5a209a50250614bfef176d88045 (resized).jpgad2aec30e982dfdf2c4ded75e1c1f929e702d7bb (resized).jpgad2aec30e982dfdf2c4ded75e1c1f929e702d7bb (resized).jpgDF085D63-CA3B-44FE-9FB4-64417FCBF31F (resized).jpegDF085D63-CA3B-44FE-9FB4-64417FCBF31F (resized).jpeg
#12658 1 year ago

There is a mod that replaces the spotlights with radars that look fabuluous. Also there's a real simple mod for the bright yellow seizure warning sticker from Space Coast Pinball, and replacing the apron cards is a nice touch too. Don't over-mod it or it will be too crowded-- but don't skip the art blades. Replace the pin balls soon as well.

I added a shaker but it kinda annoys me now with the video mode.

And wax that sucker.

#12659 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The big thing to tweak with a Premium is the fork ramp that goes into the Death Star. There is an adjustment point where the height of the ramp can be changed vertically. To get balls into the DS consistently, you want this as high as you can get it without balls hitting the ceiling, so they have a little room to fall as they enter the sphere.

Hmmmmm haven't seen this, I seem to be hitting hyperloops consistently now but had a real problem in the past with rejects to that shot. Any instructions on how to adjust that or is it pretty obvious when you look at it?

#12660 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

There is a mod that replaces the spotlights with radars that look fabuluous. Also there's a real simple mod for the bright yellow seizure warning sticker from Space Coast Pinball, and replacing the apron cards is a nice touch too. Don't over-mod it or it will be too crowded-- but don't skip the art blades. Replace the pin balls soon as well.
I added a shaker but it kinda annoys me now with the video mode.
And wax that sucker.

I didn't like the radar dishes on my game, at least on the front two spotlights. They were large enough that they contacted the glass, a big no-no if you are using any low reflection version.

#12661 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Hmmmmm haven't seen this, I seem to be hitting hyperloops consistently now but had a real problem in the past with rejects to that shot. Any instructions on how to adjust that or is it pretty obvious when you look at it?

I don't know firsthand - I don't have one myself (got one on order but it's a pro not premium), just repeating what I remembered from upthread.

#12662 1 year ago

Having had a SW premium on preorder since the start of the year, our distributor has just contacted me regarding my deposit
So they are built and should be reaching our shores within 8 weeks
I sold my SWLe a few years back, it’s the one title I missed greatly and can’t wait to have it back in the lineup!

#12663 1 year ago

I ordered one from mine, hopefully getting that call soon.

#12664 1 year ago

I'm really looking forward to getting the premium. Hopefully they are on schedule and build them next week, and even better built some this week also.

#12665 1 year ago

I'm really looking forward to getting the premium. Hopefully they are on schedule and build them next week, and even better built some this week also.

They are on the line right now so I would image by this time next week all SW Pro's and Premiums will be out the door from Stern.

#12666 1 year ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

They are on the line right now so I would image by this time next week all SW Pro's and Premiums will be out the door from Stern.

Things are looking good.

#12667 1 year ago

What is the most common point of failure for the death star shot to not register (SW Premium) ? Is there a switch before the first hyperloop opto ?

I tested with glass off, I could make the shot register (anyone has designed a pinball ball cannon to correctly launch a ball through a ramp ? Kind of a pita to make the shot by hand), and I could trigger hyperloop.

Still with glass off, I could enter test mode and see the hyperloop opto register one by one.

Putting the glass back, and... pfew, death star shot does not register anymore.

So... I'm puzzled... unless there's a tiny alignemnt issue on the optos and putting the glass back on screws up the alignment ?

To access these optos, hopefully I can do it by just removing the hyperloop cover ?

#12668 1 year ago

I have an extra set of Stern art blades. Pm me if you’re interested

9D0D75B3-2349-414F-918F-9D04FF44E642 (resized).jpeg9D0D75B3-2349-414F-918F-9D04FF44E642 (resized).jpeg

#12669 1 year ago

Hi everybody,
A new Tie Advanced X1 ship for "Star Wars" and "Madalorian" pinball machines. You will find all the information here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07124-tie-advanced-x1

IMG_5009 (resized).JPGIMG_5009 (resized).JPGIMG_5010 (resized).JPGIMG_5010 (resized).JPGIMG_5011 (resized).JPGIMG_5011 (resized).JPGIMG_5012 (resized).JPGIMG_5012 (resized).JPGIMG_5013 (resized).JPGIMG_5013 (resized).JPGIMG_5018 (resized).JPGIMG_5018 (resized).JPG
#12670 1 year ago

Potential owner here looking for opinions. Looks like my spot is coming up on the latest run but i haven’t had a chance to play it yet and I’ve heard it can be really punishing for casual players?

The theme is huge for our family and would normally be a must have

Feel free to message privately if you don’t want to clutter the thread

#12671 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Potential owner here looking for opinions. Looks like my spot is coming up on the latest run but i haven’t had a chance to play it yet and I’ve heard it can be really punishing for casual players?

Never owned one but my boss had an LE in the company office for a year.

Its a great game for pros and casuals. Once you understand the rules, they are pretty straight forward. The love it or hate it feature on the machine is the shot multiplier which you can change with the center button. You can enter weird situations where if you get the 40x multiplier and start the video mode you are pretty much guaranteed the grand champ score. However, you can choose to play using or not using the shot multipliers. I usually leave the multiplier on the Death Star shot when I play as I'm not great at keeping track of where the multiplier is.

It's a Steve Ritchie game... my favorite designer. It shoots great. The theme integration is top notch. Looking at your collection, with Deadpool, Jurassic Park, and Stranger Things... these games all shoot differently and are fun on a different level. You'll have fun with your machine, and a few years down the line you should be able to trade it for another one when you get bored with it. I'll probably do a temporary trade for one myself in the next year.

#12672 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Seeing that you have a JP in your collection, JP is a much more difficult game than SW. SW is faster because it’s a Richie game, and the outlines are hungry, but if you set the game up right and give it some decent ball save time it should be more forgiving to a casual player than JP (IMHO). I have both games (pros) myself.

For example, my 60 something year old mom who isn’t particularly good at pinball but does enjoy playing seems to play better on SW than any of my other games. I attribute it to the fact that a lot of SW play is just reactionary since the ball is usually flying around at a quick pace.

#12673 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

It's a rush when you get it going. Always have the feeling that you can blow up the next game which makes you keep hitting the start button. Would be the last game to ever leave my collection.

#12674 1 year ago

My favorite game ever. It can be brutal sure. But then you will have a great game and what a rush! This a rare pin that I never get tired of. I usually play several games in a row when I play. Once I get a decent score or to a mini wizard mode or 2 I am content for the day.

#12675 1 year ago

I'm waiting very impatiently I might add for a premium from this run. Come on Stern get them sent out.

#12676 1 year ago

Star Wars will kick your ass but it's one of the few games where I keep hitting start because I love the ass kicking and I know sometimes I will kick the games ass instead.

#12677 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

great game without a doubt, giving much more than you would imagine by just watching what is on the playfield (not so much in fact !)
but yes, its hard, brutal, and fast, very fast... well, its SW
and as said above, advanced players will use the multiplicator, that's what will give you great scores, and casuals ones will forget it, but than you have the other objective, which is to beat the wizard mode by killing the Emperor

#12678 1 year ago

The punishing part is that there can be cheap drains, from balls exiting the center loop and both orbits. In a home setting, this can often be mitigated by slightly adjusting the ball guides and flipper power.

The other punishing cheap drain is when balls go plunger -> standups -> left outlane. This is hard to mitigate. Some say you can adjust the ball guide at the plunger to hit farther right on the standups. You can also install some kind of larger post or blocker on the outlane. Or increase ball-save times or even balls-per-game.

#12679 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The punishing part is that there can be cheap drains, from balls exiting the center loop and both orbits. In a home setting, this can often be mitigated by slightly adjusting the ball guides and flipper power.
The other punishing cheap drain is when balls go plunger -> standups -> left outlane. This is hard to mitigate. Some say you can adjust the ball guide at the plunger to hit farther right on the standups. You can also install some kind of larger post or blocker on the outlane. Or increase ball-save times or even balls-per-game.

Siamese posts in the outlanes make a huge difference on this game. Happy that I added them for our machine, definitely helps eliminate some of the cheap drains.

#12680 1 year ago

I think correctly setting up/finessing the game will eliminate most of cheap drains. Easier to say when owning the pro for sure, but I never get plunge-->left outline on the prem I play

#12681 1 year ago

I have one ordered as well for this round. Hoping to get the call soon that it is being shipped.

#12682 1 year ago

Every since replacing all the rubbers with titans, I haven’t been getting the left outlane drain on the plunge anymore. But I did start getting sdtm drain from the horseshoe and also airballs when hitting the flipper at times jumping over into the drain. I’m gonna try some Titan low bounce flippers and see if this helps. From what I’ve read super bands on the flippers is cheating.

#12683 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

From what I’ve read super bands on the flippers is cheating.

Curious about this. Care to elaborate? I run super-bands on all of my games. Never thought of this as cheating. Would love for others to chime in as well. I do run all of my games at factory settings, outlanes included, because I don't want to "cheat".

#12684 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Every since replacing all the rubbers with titans, I haven’t been getting the left outlane drain on the plunge anymore. But I did start getting sdtm drain from the horseshoe and also airballs when hitting the flipper at times jumping over into the drain. I’m gonna try some Titan low bounce flippers and see if this helps. From what I’ve read super bands on the flippers is cheating.

It's not cheating IMO. I just hate the way they play.

#12685 1 year ago

I’ve read that it’s much easier to control the ball with super bands on the flippers, but to me it feels like titans have too much bounce on Star Wars. Titan makes a low bounce that I’m planning to try on the flippers.

#12686 1 year ago

I talk about Titans and the low bounce flippers here:

#12687 1 year ago

Just use normal rubber

#12688 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I’ve read that it’s much easier to control the ball with super bands on the flippers, but to me it feels like titans have too much bounce on Star Wars. Titan makes a low bounce that I’m planning to try on the flippers.

I have low bounce on my Rick and Morty. I like them on that game because you have to catch/trap a lot to maintain control. I feel like I play more on the fly with Star Wars. I might have another set of low bounce somewhere that I can test out though. Might give it a go.

#12689 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

It's artificially giving you more control of the ball which is the whole point of pinball.
Again, it's "cheating" as much as closing down the outlanes, 5 ball games, adding siameese posts, lane extenders, carrot flippers, sock in the outlane etc etc. Not all are equal or even that bad.

#12690 1 year ago

I finished installing the translucent drop targets. I used a small piece of aluminum angle that is available at Home Depot to mount the LED strips.

I (unsuccessfully) used some of my wife's fast drying, red nail polish on the opto interruptor tabs. It evidently was too translucent, as the optos didn't get tripped, so I had to take the PCB's of again. Carefully cut, black duct tape did the trick.

The mod is coolest during the Lightsaber dual.

20220821_214411.jpg20220821_214411.jpg20220821_231011.jpg20220821_231011.jpg20220825_203040.jpg20220825_203040.jpg20220825_162607.jpg20220825_162607.jpg20220821_235341.jpg20220821_235341.jpg
#12691 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I finished installing the translucent drop targets. I used a small piece of aluminum angle that is available at Home Depot to mount the LED strips.
I (unsuccessfully) used some of my wife's fast drying, red nail polish on the opto interruptor tabs. It evidently was too translucent, as the optos didn't get tripped, so I had to take the PCB's of again. Carefully cut, black duct tape did the trick.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Huh… nice idea. Where did you buy the led strips? Was it at a Pinside store or from a website?

#12692 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Huh… nice idea. Where did you buy the led strips? Was it at a Pinside store or from a website?

Here is what I ordered. Go a little longer on the LED's. I was expecting to cut a few off.

Screenshot_20220826-190328_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20220826-190328_DuckDuckGo.jpg
#12693 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I made a ring kit on titan's website that includes low blounce flippers. All clear rubbers.

Low bounce is an absolute must have.

#12694 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Curious about this. Care to elaborate? I run super-bands on all of my games. Never thought of this as cheating. Would love for others to chime in as well. I do run all of my games at factory settings, outlanes included, because I don't want to "cheat".

I tried everything including superbands. While they look the best, they also give a little too precise shot and accuracy compared to rubber or titan silicone, ... They gave me a false sense of better play and when I went on location or tourneys where rubber or titans were used, the adjustment was humbling.. plus they are too grippy and put some weird English on the ball, just my opinion though, I can understand why operators would use them

#12695 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That black tape may peel or come off over time... Acrylic black paint works very well

#12696 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That black tape may peel or come off over time... Acrylic black paint works very well

I'll keep an eye on it. This is pretty good stuff. I guess this is one time I needed to be married to a Goth chick for the black nail polish!

#12697 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I tried everything including superbands. While they look the best, they also give a little too precise shot and accuracy compared to rubber or titan silicone, ... They gave me a false sense of better play and when I went on location or tourneys where rubber or titans were used, the adjustment was humbling.. plus they are too grippy and put some weird English on the ball, just my opinion though, I can understand why operators would use them

That's a great description. I agree with you. And I've been really noticing that english on my NBAFB since I just switched over from rubber to super-bands when I rebuilt the flippers the other day. Crazy spin sometimes. I think I need to try titans to compare.

Thanks!

#12698 1 year ago

I made a video for another thread where someone asked about Titan rubber. I ended up filming all of my games, and spend some time on Star Wars.

#12699 1 year ago

Has anyone recieved a NIB SW Premium from this latest build? I am hearing rumors that it got pushed to next month but I thought Stern had posted them having them on the line?

#12700 1 year ago

My distributor emailed me yesterday saying they will have theirs delivered today and upon my final payment, ship mine out to me. They also got some accessories too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/254 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.