SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 302.
#12551 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I love Star Wars and enjoyed this machine for a few years but I'm planning to exit the club and get a Godzilla Premium (despite the potential 18 month wait). I jump in and out of pinball a bit so I tend to lose touch with pricing given the craziness of the last few years. What's an appropriate sales price for a 2016 Star Wars Premium HUO (2nd owner) that has low plays and in excellent/mint condition -- other than minor normal playfield ball dimpling. It has some minor aesthetic upgrades (can be uninstalled) including the common addition of a Imperial Star Destroyer, plus a couple tie fighters, asteroids, Slave 1 and a after market sound card for hooking up a subwoofer. Thanks in advance for any advice.

STAR WARS didn’t come out until 2017.

#12552 1 year ago

anyone have a picture of the PremiumLE replacement apron that work with insider connected? I heard dealers got the all clear to order them from stern for 129 but I want to see it. (specifically wondering if it comes with replacement Comic art, I'm skeptical)

#12553 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

STAR WARS didn’t come out until 2017.

Thanks. I was working off of my aging memory. I'll assume you are correct and appreciate the correction.

#12554 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I'd say $7500 to $7700 depending on location and how fast of a sale you are looking for. I personally think it should be selling for more (and it will once it goes out of production).

Thanks. That's about what I was guessing. I'm not in a big hurry so that might be about right.

#12555 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I love Star Wars and enjoyed this machine for a few years but I'm planning to exit the club and get a Godzilla Premium (despite the potential 18 month wait). I jump in and out of pinball a bit so I tend to lose touch with pricing given the craziness of the last few years. What's an appropriate sales price for a 2016 Star Wars Premium HUO (2nd owner) that has low plays and in excellent/mint condition -- other than minor normal playfield ball dimpling. It has some minor aesthetic upgrades (can be uninstalled) including the common addition of a Imperial Star Destroyer, plus a couple tie fighters, asteroids, Slave 1 and a after market sound card for hooking up a subwoofer. Thanks in advance for any advice.

A nice premium LE is easily $8500-9500. A minty one would be at least $9500.

With the next run coming out in September it might be $8k soon tho.

Few months ago they weren't going for anything less than $10k.

#12556 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

anyone have a picture of the PremiumLE replacement apron that work with insider connected? I heard dealers got the all clear to order them from stern for 129 but I want to see it. (specifically wondering if it comes with replacement Comic art, I'm skeptical)

Hmmm...premium on AIQ, you move the upper left art from your arch to the insider connect arch. Its actually a plastic that unscrews on the back.
But yeah thats a good question if SW is the same

#12557 1 year ago

I concur. It's me favorite.

I've got the comic pro edition and it's beautiful

I know this sounds crazy but I play my older
pins more but I'll never sell this because
it is such a strong link to my 10 year old self back
in 1977.

When it's on and I'm playing i go back in time...some
powerful shit man

20220528_193007 (resized).jpg20220528_193007 (resized).jpg
#12558 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm...premium on AIQ, you move the upper left art from your arch to the insider connect arch. Its actually a plastic that unscrews on the back.
But yeah thats a good question if SW is the same

They aren't. The premium/LE Star Wars models have a solid metal apron. I put IC inside the coin door but my OCD has me wondering if it's worth the apron "upgrade". Doubt they'd ship stickers to make it a comic apron as well, though.

#12559 1 year ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I've got the comic pro edition and it's beautiful
I know this sounds crazy but I play my older
pins more but I'll never sell this because
it is such a strong link to my 10 year old self back
in 1977.
When it's on and I'm playing i go back in time...some
powerful shit man[quoted image]

I have the same banner!

20211112_183938 (resized).jpg20211112_183938 (resized).jpg
#12560 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

You literally described my game up u til the flipper toppers.
I had to reread it slowly to see what the hell was going on! Hahahaha
I have to agree with all of what you said, except the fillpper toppers. I have white powder coating and t molding so I got storm trooper flipper toppers and they go perfectly!

Damn, I have same white powdercoat, it looks so perfect on the premium with the hoth battle artwork!

20220727_030735_mfnr (resized).jpg20220727_030735_mfnr (resized).jpg
#12561 1 year ago

This has happened to me a few times already, I have escape lit, the ball goes down the right outlane, a new ball is launched and goes back down the right outlane while escape is still blinking, and it's end of ball. I would think the blinking escape insert would indicate a short ball save but this doesn't seem to be the case. I searched through the menu's and didn't see anything for the escape right outlane. Am I missing something here?

#12562 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

This has happened to me a few times already, I have escape lit, the ball goes down the right outlane, a new ball is launched and goes back down the right outlane while escape is still blinking, and it's end of ball. I would think the blinking escape insert would indicate a short ball save but this doesn't seem to be the case. I searched through the menu's and didn't see anything for the escape right outlane. Am I missing something here?

I’d guess that’s probably happened to all of us unfortunately.

#12563 1 year ago

Ha, just happened to me last night!
Funny I thought the ball was for sure coming back.
I guess its just an escape, not a true ball saver. I'm guessing on the prem+ the gate closes right away.

#12564 1 year ago

It blinks! Why would it blink?!? That seems like something that can and should be fixed in an update, similar to the mystery scoop ball save.

#12565 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

That seems like something that can and should be fixed in an update, similar to the mystery scoop ball save.

Yeah um, not high on the list I would assume.

#12566 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha, just happened to me last night!
Funny I thought the ball was for sure coming back.
I guess its just an escape, not a true ball saver. I'm guessing on the prem+ the gate closes right away.

While I have a pro now and am loving it, I have owned SW premium in the past and you are correct. When escape is lit and the hatch is open and the ball falls into the shooter lane from the right outlane, the gate/hatch immediately closes upon ball auto-launch.
It's always such a bummer when it launches the ball right down an outlane. I remember my last game liked to sometimes lobb the ball cross-playfield straight into the left outlane during those escape auto-launches... When it happened, it was like watching a for sure drain in slow motion ...nooooooo

#12567 1 year ago

Is the work around to adjust the shooter eject power to avoid the immediate right outlane drain?

#12568 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Is the work around to adjust the shooter eject power to avoid the immediate right outlane drain?

I believe so. If memory serves however, I think that the auto eject strength from the shooter starts at the max amount (which is the factory setting), but you can adjust down from there.
It has never really made a lot of sense to me why sometimes the auto eject on this title is strong enough to hit the targets at the mini screen, while other times it just half-heartedly comes out with very little force, pun intended.

#12569 1 year ago

I believe mine hits the middle standup just about everytime. It just happens to ricochet off the rubber near the spinner and go directly down the right outlane. I’ve had this happen three times in a row during a multiball start before.

#12570 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

It has never really made a lot of sense to me why sometimes the auto eject on this title is strong enough to hit the targets at the mini screen, while other times it just half-heartedly comes out with very little force, pun intended.

on the premium it sometimes hits a small corner of the escape gate if its enabled, and that will slow the auto plunged ball down.

#12571 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I believe mine hits the middle standup just about everytime. It just happens to ricochet off the rubber near the spinner and go directly down the right outlane. I’ve had this happen three times in a row during a multiball start before.

Yes, there are some pretty lame and unfortunate bounces that occur after auto launch, and even after manual launch sometimes.
I think that is part of the charm of the game, so to speak. That said, I suppose one thing you could look into is to ensure good left to right leveling and ensure good pitch, but outside of that, I think some of it is just luck of the draw on launch with this title.

#12572 1 year ago

I know I have done it on other modern Sterns, but for the life of me I just can't seem to find where in the menu to wipe out the current high scores so I can start some fresh high scores. Any advice/direction would be appreciated.
Thanks

#12573 1 year ago

Just got this back from Star Wars celebration…3PO!! #thisistheway

690338EB-594B-49E3-B371-FD80257B138F (resized).jpeg690338EB-594B-49E3-B371-FD80257B138F (resized).jpegC05F2924-E42F-46B6-BFA4-545654579F20 (resized).jpegC05F2924-E42F-46B6-BFA4-545654579F20 (resized).jpeg
#12574 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I know I have done it on other modern Sterns, but for the life of me I just can't seem to find where in the menu to wipe out the current high scores so I can start some fresh high scores. Any advice/direction would be appreciated.
Thanks

Reset.

#12575 1 year ago

I sure did look for anything that looked like resetting high score/high score respect, etc in the adjustments menu, but I just didn't see anything that really stood out. I can only assume that maybe it's some counterintuitive headline name in the adjustments menu? I'm just not sure what it is or what it would be called.
If it is obviously there, I must have missed it a few times over, and that would be my bad, haha.
I will have to look yet again when I get home.

#12576 1 year ago

Did u try the utilities menu?

#12577 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Did u try the utilities menu?

I did not! I only went to the standard adjustment and Star Wars adjustment menus. Would make sense that I wasn't seeing it in there because it's in a different menu category. Duh! Let me check that!

#12578 1 year ago

Yeah I think i saw it somewhere other than the adjustment menus

There’s so many score categories on this game you’ll be entering your initials for a while after you reset.

#12579 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Yeah I think i saw it somewhere other than the adjustment menus
There’s so many score categories on this game you’ll be entering your initials for a while after you reset.

Yep, you were right! It was hiding in the utilities menu. I just didn't think to look for it there, but good to go now. Thanks!

#12580 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Just added the Stern millennium falcon. I’m not much of a mod guy but this should’ve been included from the factory. It’s such a bare spot on the playfield. I made a quick bracket out of lexan with a scroll saw and it plugs right in.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Okay! So first, thanks to Tommy_Pins for showing the pics of the Prem/LE millennium falcon install on the Pro.

So, I secured a premium/ LE millennium falcon with the wiring and fashioned a very similar stand as Tommy_Pins did for the ship.
Then to my surprise I noticed that the pf plastic underneath that left ramp conveniently had a hole on the other side (similar to the premium/ LE where this wire runs through to plug into the board under the playfield). I thought that the pf plastic would likely not have that hole on the pro, as there's nothing running through that plastic hole, but so happy it did because now the wire need not go in front of the ramp and behind the force targets in plain view, but rather it can be hidden to the far side of the ramp and be significantly less noticeable, similar to the Prem version).

Super happy with how it turned out!

PXL_20220730_132344086~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220730_132344086~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220730_132349299~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220730_132349299~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220730_132411240~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220730_132411240~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220730_132437582~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220730_132437582~2 (resized).jpg
#12581 1 year ago

Nice work! Yeah the hole for the wire is there and everything. The falcon or the Death Star shot should’ve been included on the pro, they really stripped down the pro version.

#12582 1 year ago

The pro is still great game

#12583 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The pro is still great game

The pro is a phenomenal game!

#12584 1 year ago

How does one bend lexan without breaking it?

#12585 1 year ago

The pro is a phenomenal game!

I have to admit, I own the Premium but when I first played SW at the pinball show they had a lot of Pros setup which it’s flow is much faster than the Premium for obvious reasons.

#12586 1 year ago

How does one bend lexan without breaking it?

Its easy to bend Lexan. You can heat it, cold bend it, or even use a metal break to bend it.

#12587 1 year ago

I had a pro and upgraded to premium,both are great but most will be very happy with pro,

#12588 1 year ago

You can just bend lexan cold. You’d probably get a nicer bend if you heated it though

#12589 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I have to admit, I own the Premium but when I first played SW at the pinball show they had a lot of Pros setup which it’s flow is much faster than the Premium for obvious reasons.

Nah, think the pro’s are better dialed in then your prem. Prem/le is way better then the pro. The ds loop is amazing thriller!

#12590 1 year ago

I hold the unpopular opinion there: The hyper loop is a noisy distraction that just gets in the way and makes gameplay worse. It's an overgrown ball lock. I was never impressed by Getaway's Supercharger either. I have no need for balls zooming around if there's nothing I'm going to do with them. It looks cool at first, but I was tired of it after an hour of playing on location. If you like it, sure go ahead and get a premium, I just wouldn't for myself.

#12591 1 year ago

The hyper loop does nothing for me. I do like being able to actually shoot a ball into the Death Star though.

#12592 1 year ago

It's cool getting multiple balls in the hl. Nothing quite like it in any game.

#12593 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I hold the unpopular opinion there: The hyper loop is a noisy distraction that just gets in the way and makes gameplay worse. It's an overgrown ball lock. I was never impressed by Getaway's Supercharger either. I have no need for balls zooming around if there's nothing I'm going to do with them. It looks cool at first, but I was tired of it after an hour of playing on location. If you like it, sure go ahead and get a premium, I just wouldn't for myself.

Did you reach hyperloop multiball? To me that was quite an experience, there's a real adrenaline rush when you have multiple balls looping around and you're trying to add one more

The death star shot however I admit is really problematic, I need to tune my machine to be able to backhand it

#12594 1 year ago

Just wanted to share this star battle I've put on the game, with a fleet of X-Wings in the back right charging towards the Death Star with combating TIE fighters at the center (along with Vader's ship), and a solo "Red 5, going in" approaching the Death Star there on the left (my son's idea).
Have some strategically placed asteroids In somewhat of a belt-like configuration from left to right filling the space to give depth and perspective and a space-based setting for these ships, and this added scenery somewhat mimicking the backboard art.
From my post above, the Premium/LE Millennium Falcon is there on the left approaching the asteroid belt (with similar sized Slave 1 on the right), and for continued perspective, three larger x wings near the inlane/outlanes.
With the mirror side blades and Neo Atom lighting, the whole area looks vast and with just about everything on music/piano wire (with all wires painted black and hidden), all you see are the ships and asteroids floating in space. I think it has turned out really well!

PXL_20220731_190622395~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220731_190622395~2 (resized).jpg

PXL_20220731_190642339~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20220731_190642339~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20220731_190642339~4 (resized).jpgPXL_20220731_190642339~4 (resized).jpg

PXL_20220731_190642339~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220731_190642339~2 (resized).jpg
#12595 1 year ago

Lets admit all version of this title are Great,I was happy with my pro ad am happy with my premium and I believe this run is the last!

#12596 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Lets admit all version of this title are Great,I was happy with my pro ad am happy with my premium and I believe this run is the last!

Agree. I've had both versions and I've had fun with both versions. Star Wars is great!

#12597 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Just wanted to share this star battle I've put on the game, with a fleet of X-Wings in the back right charging towards the Death Star with combating TIE fighters at the center (along with Vader's ship), and a solo "Red 5, going in" approaching the Death Star there on the left (my son's idea).
Have some strategically placed asteroids In somewhat of a belt-like configuration from left to right filling the space to give depth and perspective and a space-based setting for these ships, and this added scenery somewhat mimicking the backboard art.
From my post above, the Premium/LE Millennium Falcon is there on the left approaching the asteroid belt (with similar sized Slave 1 on the right), and for continued perspective, three larger x wings near the inlane/outlanes.
With the mirror side blades and Neo Atom lighting, the whole area looks vast and with just about everything on music/piano wire (with all wires painted black and hidden), all you see are the ships and asteroids floating in space. I think it has turned out really well!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great... I have used the micro machine//piano wire in mine. Great tip to paint black.

#12598 1 year ago

So it appears every single Spike 2 pin just got a code update. Star Wars is now at 1.21. Mostly just a bunch of insider stuff. Still no bug fixes...help me Dwightbewon Kenobe, you're my only hope!

#12599 1 year ago

New Game Code !

LE/PREMIUM V1.21 - AUGUST 2, 2022
=================================
**** NEW ****
- Added STAR WARS videos to the DJ MIXER

**** TWEAKED ****
- Added ALLOW FORCE ENDGAME to HOME INSTALL

**** STERN INSIDER CONNECTED ****
- Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in
and play without scanning their QR code.

When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play,
Home Team can be enabled via Standard Adjust #51 or from Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.

The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's
location by enabling the Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game.
Players need only be added once to the Home Team. Players can be
later removed from the Home Team, and guests can be temporarily
added to the Home Team.

Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.

**** MOVED TO SYSTEM 3.20 ****
Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0

Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set
to DYNAMIC. All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately
incremented instead of only replay level 1.

Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment
would not be honored in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the
maximum number of free games which a player can win during a game. Once
the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game
played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY
LEVELS will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.

Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some
instances.

Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime
audit will start accumulating with this update.

Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected
menu. A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior
to being added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes,
unregister this game." will unregister the game from your account.

Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of
display.

Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count

Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE
PLAY ONLY".

Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".

Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be
"MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and default value is "MECHANICAL". This
adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy and Free
Play is set to No. The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is
configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0

Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy
and "Free Play" is No. Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.

Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open
position.

#12600 1 year ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/252 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.