SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 302.
#12501 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

I only have the pro, but this game is awesome! I do not have the issues of cheap drains and only had to adjust just a couple things to get it set up to really sing.
Having said that, the game is fairly hard (I'm a mid-level player) and some games are short, other games, when you're really feeling it can last 15 minutes or more.

Only the pro, love the pro and lots like it netter than the premium!

#12502 1 year ago

once you get used to moving the multiplier and hitting the hyperspace loop, this pin gives an adrenaline rush like no other. the code and theme integration is fantastic! Probably the best use of an action button to date. like everyone said, it will need some fine tuning to stop the cheap drains, but well worth it in the long run.

To better make that backhand deathstar shot, I changed coil stops and used superbands on the flippers. It made a BIG difference!

#12503 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

once you get used to moving the multiplier and hitting the hyperspace loop, this pin gives an adrenaline rush like no other. the code and theme integration is fantastic! Probably the best use of an action button to date. like everyone said, it will need some fine tuning to stop the cheap drains, but well worth it in the long run.
To better make that backhand deathstar shot, I changed coil stops and used superbands on the flippers. It made a BIG difference!

Superbands for the win! I have them on all my games.

#12504 1 year ago

Posts removed. I alpologize for posting in this topic. I just do not want any issues.
Thanks, Jay

#12505 1 year ago

#12506 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Lightsaber Duel!!!

Yup. That mode is a cool concept. The color choices is also spot on.

#12507 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I've read this entire thread in anticipation of getting my Premium in August. It was the first pin I wanted to own but a few other machines found their way into my basement first. Now that SW is finally about to arrive I'm starting to have doubts based on all of the negative comments about the game on Pinside and Reddit about how difficult it is. I don't mind a hard game as they tend to keep my interest longer and the rewards are often worth the effort. Is it really as hard and frustrating as everyone says it is? Is it really all about setup and tuning? I wanted this machine to be a keeper as I'm a huge SW fan and I really like what they have put into this game. Somebody talk me off the edge

I got my first pin SW premium in 2018. Now with 6 pins in my collection, I still play SW almost every day. It always has the " one more play" feeling and never gets old. The other day after about a year since the last one, I got a new GC 7 billion plus, even with that, I've never got to the final wizard. One you get the multiplier rules down and develop your own strategies for each character, you realize how deep and awesome the code is. Never leaving. Didn't hurt being a SW fan either

#12508 1 year ago

I have had mine since 18 and love it. About to get a Mando Pre to go next to it.

#12509 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have had mine since 18 and love it. About to get a Mando Pre to go next to it.

Yes! They look good together!

20210902_172832 (resized).jpg20210902_172832 (resized).jpg
#12510 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I made a stainless steel ramp and segmented wireform mod for the pro models and I will be starting on the first set for a customer in the next few days. If your interested in these and have not seen the mod thread please message through pinside or Loganpinball.com. I wanted to post in the owners thread for anyone that does not look through mod posts.
These sets take 16 hours to make, sand, stone, polish and I playtest every set I make. Its $755 shipped to U.S.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pro-wireforms-coming-soon
Video of them being played.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Just an observation if you buy these steel ramps you will be able to install the ultra cool lightsaber mod that does not fit well with the stock plastic ramps .

#12511 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Just an observation if you buy these steel ramps you will be able to install the ultra cool lightsaber mod that does not fit well with the stock plastic ramps .

Which mod is that? Have a link?

#12512 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#12513 1 year ago

Love the carpeting!

#12514 1 year ago

I deleted my reply and my previous posts. I appologize for doing so, I just do not need the negativity to expand further. Star Wars Pro is a great game and I hope everyone gets to own or atleast play it.
Thanks, Jay

#12515 1 year ago

[quoted image]

the code/rules has the Dwight similitude on these 2
almost that's what i feel...

#12516 1 year ago

Is there something I can put on the end of the right-orbit lane to make it go to the left flipper instead of sdtm?

#12517 1 year ago

I'm coming back in the club with a premium next month, I traded out my pro a few years ago. I'm planning on setting it up pretty easy this time around. I'm pretty excited as I've never played the premium with the hyper loop so that will be cool. What are the Kool kids doing to this game now? I bought an airball protector from mezel mods and plan on doing mirror blades/shaker

20180929_103859 (resized).jpg20180929_103859 (resized).jpg
#12518 1 year ago

Just brought a pro home! Is the left orbit supposed to go sdtm?

#12519 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Just brought a pro home! Is the left orbit supposed to go sdtm?

Mine does too! So annoying

#12520 1 year ago

That can’t be the design right?

#12521 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Mine does too! So annoying

How is the Home Edition compared to this version? The low price always attract me, but I bought the Premium over the home edition.

Looks fun.

#12522 1 year ago

There is a little metal burr that forms on the guide on the orbit exit on the right side. Run your finger along that metal guide, you will feel it. Carefully file off that burr. No more SDTM.

#12523 1 year ago

That makes sense, I’ll have to check it out

#12524 1 year ago

There is a little metal burr that forms on the guide on the orbit exit on the right side. Run your finger along that metal guide, you will feel it. Carefully file off that burr. No more SDTM.

File it off? How?

#12525 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

File it off? How?

With a metal file. I bought a set of mini files for like $10 at lowes. Just do 1 pass at a time and recheck with your finger. Doesn't take much.

#12527 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I'm coming back in the club with a premium next month, I traded out my pro a few years ago. I'm planning on setting it up pretty easy this time around. I'm pretty excited as I've never played the premium with the hyper loop so that will be cool. What are the Kool kids doing to this game now? I bought an airball protector from mezel mods and plan on doing mirror blades/shaker[quoted image]

I love the premium! mirrorblades and shaker are both great for SW! the mod I like the best is the clear drop targets w/red and blue underglow. really makes the playfield pop! add some hotwheels ships to make the game look better aswell. I also added an orange light to the scoop that I really like. the lightsaber flipper decals are another cheap and easy mod that looks great!

#12528 1 year ago

Posted my topper for trade or sale.Hoping to find a local buyer.

SOLD!
Mod - For Trade
NOS (New Old Stock) - “I purchased this prior to the machine, and I never ended up buying a Star Wars. I never installed it, but I did notice one minor scuff on it from either the factory or distro. My...”
2022-07-24
York, ME
Trade
Archived after: 22 days
Viewed: 454 times

#12529 1 year ago

Worked like a charm, now I can safely shoot the left orbit.

The right orbit is a little wonky tho. The rubber at the end, near the spinner can move the ball a little bit at the last second. The rubber seems to have a switch behind it, anyone know what the switch is for?

#12530 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Worked like a charm, now I can safely shoot the left orbit.
The right orbit is a little wonky tho. The rubber at the end, near the spinner can move the ball a little bit at the last second. The rubber seems to have a switch behind it, anyone know what the switch is for?

10 point switch. Makes cool sounds like Vader breathing, R2 rtooing...

#12531 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

I love the premium! mirrorblades and shaker are both great for SW! the mod I like the best is the clear drop targets w/red and blue underglow. really makes the playfield pop! add some hotwheels ships to make the game look better aswell. I also added an orange light to the scoop that I really like. the lightsaber flipper decals are another cheap and easy mod that looks great!

You literally described my game up u til the flipper toppers.

I had to reread it slowly to see what the hell was going on! Hahahaha

I have to agree with all of what you said, except the fillpper toppers. I have white powder coating and t molding so I got storm trooper flipper toppers and they go perfectly!

#12532 1 year ago

Back in the club, and this time with a pro. Ended up becoming the third owner of a taken care of, but well used and loved game this weekend on a trade. Spent a day or so cleaning it up, adding a shaker, removing some add-ons and then adding my own twist with a bunch of starships amongst asteroids with an all-out battle towards the back. Put some of Scott's new Neo Atoms on it and I'm off to the races!
Great to have this title back. As a Star Wars fanatic, I just couldn't help myself. Third times the charm! Haha

PXL_20220724_171040413~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220724_171040413~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220724_171100599~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220724_171100599~2 (resized).jpg
#12533 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

The rubber seems to have a switch behind it, anyone know what the switch is for?

I believe it's to validate the playfield when you go for a skill shot at the FORCE targets and miss high. If not for that, it would be easy to no-switch drain on purpose to keep trying again.

#12534 1 year ago

Just added the Stern millennium falcon. I’m not much of a mod guy but this should’ve been included from the factory. It’s such a bare spot on the playfield. I made a quick bracket out of lexan with a scroll saw and it plugs right in.

335DD991-F7A0-4670-AF77-E48A7F355795 (resized).jpeg335DD991-F7A0-4670-AF77-E48A7F355795 (resized).jpegAACA90A0-A2C7-492D-B469-EC72280DF814 (resized).jpegAACA90A0-A2C7-492D-B469-EC72280DF814 (resized).jpeg
#12535 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Just added the Stern millennium falcon. I’m not much of a mod guy but this should’ve been included from the factory. It’s such a bare spot on the playfield. I made a quick bracket out of lexan with a scroll saw and it plugs right in.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the Stern Millinneum Falcon? Do you have the part number? Also, got a pic of your bracket?

#12536 1 year ago

I got mine from little shop of games, link below. It’s Stern part number 511-7887-00. I think it’s a little pricey but I couldn’t find it anywhere else. I’ll get a picture of the bracket tomorrow.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-parts/figures-and-toys/led-lit-millennium-falcon-ship-assembly-for-stern-star-wars-pinball-machine-511-7887-00/

#12537 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I got mine from little shop of games, link below. It’s Stern part number 511-7887-00. I think it’s a little pricey but I couldn’t find it anywhere else. I’ll get a picture of the bracket tomorrow.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-parts/figures-and-toys/led-lit-millennium-falcon-ship-assembly-for-stern-star-wars-pinball-machine-511-7887-00/

Awesome! Thanks!

#12538 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Looks great!
Be great to see a pic the bracket that you made and how you attached it.

#12539 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Oh boy... I really don't want to be the party popper, but... you do realize that you can find better looking Falcon for a fraction of the price ?
Just do a search on ebay for "X-Wing Falcon Miniature", will get you to brand new unopened "X-Wing 1.0 board game" units at sub 20 dollars a piece
OK, you need to add a bracket and lighting, but that's surely worthwhile compared to the 90 dollars + they are charging (plus it looks waaay better)

If you want to go fancy, 2Niro mod is also much better (it actually use the miniature from above), and not that much more expensive than the stock Stern awful looking Falcon:
https://www.2niro-pinball.com/faucon-millenium/1405/

(although it seems out of stock, and Mezel Mods does not carry them anymore)

#12540 1 year ago

Yes I thought about it, but I decided to pony up the money rather than modify it myself. I tend to prefer stock oem parts and this is the same one used on the premium. Looking “much” better is subjective anyway.

#12541 1 year ago

Franck (2-Niro) is a super nice fella and sometimes if you go to his website and contact him, not only will he write you back (typically in a promptly fashion), but sometimes he will even let you know that he'll make whatever mod you might be interested in and then he'll just let you know when it's ready.

www.2niro-pinball.com

Mezel mods will occasionally carry some of his products, but he otherwise routinely sells stuff directly from his website. He's a super great guy and I agree he makes some amazing stuff!!

Would still very much like to see the bracket that you made Tommy_Pins as I'm thinking I may need to do the same and I would love to see your creation.

#12542 1 year ago

Here’s the bracket. Very quick and crude, but practically invisible with the glass on. Cut from a 1/8” thick sheet of lexan I got from Amazon. I’m sure if someone has access to a laser of some sort they could make a professional looking bracket, but this literally took me ten minutes. I drilled two holes to line up with the bolts that were already in the ramp. Then I drilled a hole for the bolt on the bottom of the falcon and a slightly larger hole for the metal piece that prevents the falcon from turning. Then I bent it with a pair of hand seamers to the angle I wanted.

5B9C17C0-0C73-496F-8CF3-A00A6559FB53 (resized).jpeg5B9C17C0-0C73-496F-8CF3-A00A6559FB53 (resized).jpegAB0952B7-BFF5-4A5E-97DF-F1E4CC559C6B (resized).jpegAB0952B7-BFF5-4A5E-97DF-F1E4CC559C6B (resized).jpegFE004CE0-7AC7-431E-BAB0-16CCAA746C41 (resized).jpegFE004CE0-7AC7-431E-BAB0-16CCAA746C41 (resized).jpeg
#12543 1 year ago

Looks perfect.

#12544 1 year ago

Thanks, I’m happy with how it turned out.

#12545 1 year ago

I love Star Wars and enjoyed this machine for a few years but I'm planning to exit the club and get a Godzilla Premium (despite the potential 18 month wait). I jump in and out of pinball a bit so I tend to lose touch with pricing given the craziness of the last few years. What's an appropriate sales price for a 2016 Star Wars Premium HUO (2nd owner) that has low plays and in excellent/mint condition -- other than minor normal playfield ball dimpling. It has some minor aesthetic upgrades (can be uninstalled) including the common addition of a Imperial Star Destroyer, plus a couple tie fighters, asteroids, Slave 1 and a after market sound card for hooking up a subwoofer. Thanks in advance for any advice.

#12546 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I love Star Wars and enjoyed this machine for a few years but I'm planning to exit the club and get a Godzilla Premium (despite the potential 18 month wait). I jump in and out of pinball a bit so I tend to lose touch with pricing given the craziness of the last few years. What's an appropriate sales price for a 2016 Star Wars Premium HUO (2nd owner) that has low plays and in excellent/mint condition -- other than minor normal playfield ball dimpling. It has some minor aesthetic upgrades (can be uninstalled) including the common addition of a Imperial Star Destroyer, plus a couple tie fighters, asteroids, Slave 1 and a after market sound card for hooking up a subwoofer. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'd say $7500 to $7700 depending on location and how fast of a sale you are looking for. I personally think it should be selling for more (and it will once it goes out of production).

#12547 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Here’s the bracket. Very quick and crude, but practically invisible with the glass on. Cut from a 1/8” thick sheet of lexan I got from Amazon. I’m sure if someone has access to a laser of some sort they could make a professional looking bracket, but this literally took me ten minutes. I drilled two holes to line up with the bolts that were already in the ramp. Then I drilled a hole for the bolt on the bottom of the falcon and a slightly larger hole for the metal piece that prevents the falcon from turning. Then I bent it with a pair of hand seamers to the angle I wanted.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. Nice work and thanks for sharing these pics. Looks great, I think I will follow suit.

#12548 1 year ago

I'd say $7500 to $7700 depending on location and how fast of a sale you are looking for. I personally think it should be selling for more (and it will once it goes out of production).

I'd say keep SW. It's a much better pin imo.

#12549 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I feel that way. I’m thinking of selling my SW to buy WOZ… every time I think of it I Can’t pull the trigger.

This pin is fun for what it is, challenging, and fun them integration.

#12550 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I concur. It's me favorite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/251?hl=ecw0930 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.