20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 300.
#12451 1 year ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Anyone you guys know of who sells decent mirror blades for this game? Thinking they would look really good compared to the stern artwork ones.

I make these pictured below. Send me a PM if interested.

20210630_025243 (resized).jpg20210630_025243 (resized).jpg
#12452 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Got mine from Nitro.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm jealous mirror blades fit on your machine. My playfield is so snug inside the cabinet, there is no clearance for the blades. I bought a set to figure that out

#12453 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I'm jealous mirror blades fit on your machine. My playfield is so snug inside the cabinet, there is no clearance for the blades. I bought a set to figure that out

Mine is really snug as well.

#12454 1 year ago

A few years back I remember some discussion around a Leia strategy in the game where you could make a large number of points with just a handful of shots at the start of a game. Does anyone have more info on this? Thanks!

#12455 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Mine is really snug as well.

I found some stern mirror blades from tilt graphics but at 130$ I don’t want to waste money if they won’t fit properly.

#12456 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I make these pictured below. Send me a PM if interested.[quoted image]

These are pimp!

#12457 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

A few years back I remember some discussion around a Leia strategy in the game where you could make a large number of points with just a handful of shots at the start of a game. Does anyone have more info on this? Thanks!

The more missions a character has in a planet, the more points you get for manually unlocking that planet. And multipliers do work while unlocking planets but only for the first 2 of the 3 shots for that planet.

Leia has the most missions in planets that can be unlocked via the easier shots such as Endor and Hoth, that's why more often than not she scores the most points in the very early game.

This might be the post you're after:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/144#post-4992978

I think most info in that post is still accurate. The only thing I noticed is that even choosing to auto unlock a mission prior to plunging will also net you points.

#12458 1 year ago

Btw saw on Facebook that Stern expects the SW Premium apron for Insider Connected to launch in July.

Just joined the club with a comic art premium. This is a beautiful piece of object.

#12459 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

The more missions a character has in a planet, the more points you get for manually unlocking that planet. And multipliers do work while unlocking planets but only for the first 2 of the 3 shots for that planet.
Leia has the most missions in planets that can be unlocked via the easier shots such as Endor and Hoth, that's why more often than not she scores the most points in the very early game.
This might be the post you're after:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/144#post-4992978
I think most info in that post is still accurate. The only thing I noticed is that even choosing to auto unlock a mission prior to plunging will also net you points.

Thanks. I think that is the info I was looking for. I did a search and found where I originally heard about the strategy from Joe LeMire on Head2Head Podcast
http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/04/22/episode-89-hobbits-leprechauns-and-zombies-oh-my/ Starting at 42:40

Basically you start the game as Leia and select "Light Tatooine" or something else besides lighting Hoth, DeathStar or Endor modes. Set your Multipliers on the big 3 shots (death star, endor, hoth) and then hit each shot 3 times to light the mode but don't start them. You should end up with at least 500 million points from the 9 shots because of how her multipliers work for simply lighting the modes.

#12460 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Btw saw on Facebook that Stern expects the SW Premium apron for Insider Connected to launch in July.
Just joined the club with a comic art premium. This is a beautiful piece of object.

What's unique about the SW apron that it requires a something new to support IC? Just curious. I am expecting my game in the next run so I assume it will have said new apron.

#12461 1 year ago

Luke is my lowest score out of the characters. I keep picking him to try and get a better score, but for some reason, I struggle.

#12462 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

What's unique about the SW apron that it requires a something new to support IC? Just curious. I am expecting my game in the next run so I assume it will have said new apron.

The SW aprons don't have a cut-out for the IC camera. The apron design changed after SW. They now have back-lit plastics instead of stickers. You remove one of the plastics and install the camera there.

#12463 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The SW aprons don't have a cut-out for the IC camera. The apron design changed after SW. They now have back-lit plastics instead of stickers. You remove one of the plastics and install the camera there.

Ah I see that now. Just took a closer look at SW pics on Stern's website. Yeah, totally old school smooth metal apron with stickers. Thanks for clarifying that. Hopefully they do something along the lines of the GZ premium apron but I doubt it.

1 week later
#12464 1 year ago

I had a good laugh at the beginning of the new Beavis and Butthead movie:

20220708_202016 (resized).jpg20220708_202016 (resized).jpg
#12465 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I had a good laugh at the beginning of the new Beavis and Butthead movie:
[quoted image]

How was it?

#12466 1 year ago

If you enjoyed the original show and movie, and you can laugh at satirical mocking of woke culture, you will laugh repeatedly. Otherwise, skip it and listen to NPR whilst drinking a vegan Chai latte.

#12467 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Curious - where did you see this? Is the source Stern? I have been waiting for it for a long time - and distributors have no idea of when it is coming out... I also need one for my SW Prem Comic Art...

#12468 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Curious - where did you see this? Is the source Stern? I have been waiting for it for a long time - and distributors have no idea of when it is coming out... I also need one for my SW Prem Comic Art...

#12469 1 year ago

They responded in this thread on FB

https://www.alpha.facebook.com/sternpinball/photos/a.386178974243/10160271138299244/?type=3&mibextid=4AjEtL&fs=e&s=cl

Quoted from Schaitas:

A4B460F0-4288-466E-874E-969B108F1219 (resized).pngA4B460F0-4288-466E-874E-969B108F1219 (resized).png
#12471 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Just picked up a comic pro this week. Have a couple of questions to owners.
1. What are must have mods for a Pro? I am looking at picking up a shaker. Is it integrated well?
2. Anyone have issues with occasional left spinner and two way gate rejects?
3. On your game, where does the ball end up after a right scoop eject? Mine is just hitting the tip of the left flipper. I am always letting it bounce off at this point.
4. Why do the out lanes hate me so much?!
Thanks.

Sorry too lazy to remove glass!

92EDE3AB-663E-41C3-9238-E5B505BB2382 (resized).jpeg92EDE3AB-663E-41C3-9238-E5B505BB2382 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12472 1 year ago

So I just unboxed my brand new to me NIB Star Wars Premium last week and freaking game is a drain whore. I cannot believe the rate at which games are over. I am an above average mid level player and the outlanes are rediculous, the scoop 60+ of the time is SDTM. The inner loop from right to left is a risky shot, the inner loop from the left side is almost certain death. I have plunged balls with the button and had them immediately drain followed by 2 ball save drains. I wanna take an axe to the game sometimes it is so frustrating. I could probably adjust the front legs a touch as I just bolted them all up right out of the box and the bubble is below the middle a tad so it is running a bit fast but still I have never seen another game drain like this Bitch. It can't be just me. Please some one give me some set up insight as to scoop strengths or something helpful other than play better. I have seen values between 20-25 as a possible help. Anything else. I wanna love this game and probably have 150+ plays on it already because games last like 2 minutes if I'm lucky. HELP!

#12473 1 year ago
Quoted from Toddolie:

So I just unboxed my brand new to me NIB Star Wars Premium last week and freaking game is a drain whore. I cannot believe the rate at which games are over. I am an above average mid level player and the outlanes are ridiculous, the scoop 60+ of the time is SDTM. The inner loop from right to left is a risky shot, the inner loop from the left side is almost certain death. I have plunged balls with the button and had them immediately drain followed by 2 ball save drains. I wanna take an axe to the game sometimes it is so frustrating. I could probably adjust the front legs a touch as I just bolted them all up right out of the box and the bubble is below the middle a tad so it is running a bit fast but still I have never seen another game drain like this Bitch. It can't be just me. Please some one give me some set up insight as to scoop strengths or something helpful other than play better. I have seen values between 20-25 as a possible help. Anything else. I wanna love this game and probably have 150+ plays on it already because games last like 2 minutes if I'm lucky. HELP!

The drains can definitely be frustrating at first, but they can be mitigated with some tweaking. The scoop is the easy one. Just play around with different eject strengths until you find one you are happy with. I was able to get rid of most of my inner loop drains by putting a small piece of velcro at a strategic point on the ball guide. It took some experimenting. One strategy that definitely helps when playing is backhanding the inner loop. This alone will give you much less SDTM drains. Star Wars, more than any other game I can think of, is particularly susceptible to very minor changes in pitch and level.

#12474 1 year ago

The bubble level is unreliable. Never assume they are accurate. Get a digital level and put it at 6.5 degrees exactly. Measure multiple places and also make sure you're dead level left to right.

If you can't get a good return from the scoop from power settings, adjust the ball guide ever so slightly. It should hit the left flipper dead on and come to an easy cradle.

My inner loop is perfect, but some have reported that they needed to loosen the nuts on the loop ball guides to release tension. Unscrew the nuts under the playfield and retighten to just barely tight enough.

Try this and report back. Good luck!

#12475 1 year ago

There's also a ball save you can turn on for the scoop. 2 seconds is usually enough.

For the left outlane some folks use "cheater" posts that stick out from the sides.

#12476 1 year ago

I recently picked up a comic pro and yeah the game can feel like a drain monster at times. I like to set most of my games with a tight to average tilt. This fucker is set loose as I need to nudge a lot more to keep the ball in play. I am still having issues with my scoop shooting to close to SDTM. Playing around with eject power hasn't helped. I think I am going to try and bend the guide a bit next. Even so, I am enjoying SW way more than I anticipated. It really is a flip on the fly type game.

#12477 1 year ago

You need to make adjustments to prevent the extra drain from scoop and loop, after it will be the best pin ever !!

#12478 1 year ago

***Last call (final run) for Star Wars is this August! If you have been waiting, now is your last chance for a NIB!

Screenshot_20220713-162043_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220713-162043_Email (resized).jpg
#12479 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

***Last call (final run) for Star Wars is this August! If you have been waiting, now is your last chance for a NIB!
[quoted image]

Glad I ordered one last fall!

#12480 1 year ago

If you look lower in the newsletter it says "Only run of 2022" for Star Wars, implying its not the final run. Not sure which is accurate.

swpinball (resized).pngswpinball (resized).png
#12481 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

If you look lower in the newsletter it says "Only run of 2022" for Star Wars, implying its not the final run. Not sure which is accurate.[quoted image]

I wouldn't chance it if you want a NIB!

#12482 1 year ago

Man this game. It's brutal and short and my spouse hated it on location "don't buy this one" she said after the comic art was absolutely on the truck across the country... she plays it everyday.

today I got my first double hyperspace loop and I think it shot my rating up a whole half point. what fun.

#12483 1 year ago
Quoted from Toddolie:

So I just unboxed my brand new to me NIB Star Wars Premium last week and freaking game is a drain whore. I cannot believe the rate at which games are over. I am an above average mid level player and the outlanes are rediculous, the scoop 60+ of the time is SDTM. The inner loop from right to left is a risky shot, the inner loop from the left side is almost certain death. I have plunged balls with the button and had them immediately drain followed by 2 ball save drains. I wanna take an axe to the game sometimes it is so frustrating. I could probably adjust the front legs a touch as I just bolted them all up right out of the box and the bubble is below the middle a tad so it is running a bit fast but still I have never seen another game drain like this Bitch. It can't be just me. Please some one give me some set up insight as to scoop strengths or something helpful other than play better. I have seen values between 20-25 as a possible help. Anything else. I wanna love this game and probably have 150+ plays on it already because games last like 2 minutes if I'm lucky. HELP!

Quoted from Palmer:

I recently picked up a comic pro and yeah the game can feel like a drain monster at times. I like to set most of my games with a tight to average tilt. This fucker is set loose as I need to nudge a lot more to keep the ball in play. I am still having issues with my scoop shooting to close to SDTM. Playing around with eject power hasn't helped. I think I am going to try and bend the guide a bit next. Even so, I am enjoying SW way more than I anticipated. It really is a flip on the fly type game.

This is how I fixed the scoop on my game. The same technique can be applied to the inner and outer orbit ball guides to reduce SDTM shots on the orbits.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/67#post-4244466

#12484 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

This is how I fixed the scoop on my game. The same technique can be applied to the inner and outer orbit ball guides to reduce SDTM shots on the orbits.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/67#post-4244466

Thanks for your link, that will definitely help

Quoted from Toddolie:

If all my games, SW is the hardest by far. Very frustrating indeed. I'm still not at the point of being good enough with it to actually love the game, but I'm making progress. It's clearly designed to be a money drain. The more frustrating shot for me is the death star ramp, I can't backhand it from the left. I've seen users report they could tune by adjusting level and pitch, but it has not proved effective for me yet.

#12485 1 year ago

I was thinking of installing some EL blades I have for the rails, I bought it from another pinsider, but when the machine is off, it has a pinkish hue to it, does anyone know where I can get the EL blades for the outer side rails that are just white when the machine is off? and white when machine on?
Thanks

#12486 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thanks for that link! This is exactly what I was going to try. I appreciate the photos and detailed instructions!

#12487 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

The more frustrating shot for me is the death star ramp, I can't backhand it from the left. I've seen users report they could tune by adjusting level and pitch, but it has not proved effective for me yet.

I think what makes it possible to backhand the DS ramp (and the left orbit) is adjusting the flipper alignment upwards by a millimeter or two. I don't have firsthand experience with SW, but doing that helped significantly on my AIQ, particularly for backhanding Thor which needs about the same force and angle.

#12488 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I can't backhand it from the left

The left backhand is about the only way I can consistently make the Death Star shot. If I make it from the right flipper, it's just dumb luck for me.

I've had my Prem since they first came out, and I still can't make the right orbit with any consistency at all. Argh!

#12489 1 year ago

I've read this entire thread in anticipation of getting my Premium in August. It was the first pin I wanted to own but a few other machines found their way into my basement first. Now that SW is finally about to arrive I'm starting to have doubts based on all of the negative comments about the game on Pinside and Reddit about how difficult it is. I don't mind a hard game as they tend to keep my interest longer and the rewards are often worth the effort. Is it really as hard and frustrating as everyone says it is? Is it really all about setup and tuning? I wanted this machine to be a keeper as I'm a huge SW fan and I really like what they have put into this game. Somebody talk me off the edge

#12490 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I've read this entire thread in anticipation of my getting my Premium in August. It was the first pin I wanted to own but a few other machines found their way into my basement first. Now that SW is finally about to arrive I'm starting to have doubts based on all of the negative comments about the game on Pinside and Reddit about how difficult it is. I don't mind a hard game as they tend to keep my interest longer and the rewards are often worth the effort. Is it really as hard and frustrating as everyone says it is? Is it really all about setup and tuning? I wanted this machine to be a keeper as I'm a huge SW fan and I really like what they have put into this game. Somebody talk me off the edge

An early welcome to the club!

This is still in my top 2 games in my collection along with Rush. SW does have some drain monster shots you should not take (left to the red targets, right to the Death Star, etc) or a missed shot comes right back down the middle.

The cool thing is you can backhand just about every shot. You should practice that and it will be more fun.

This is a hand made machine that has very complex geometry for the shots and ball returns. Some tweaking of the ball guides may be needed to avoid some of the cheap drains at launch, from the scoop and orbits. I was working on a friends heavily routed SW and the return from the right outer orbit would go SDTM. It was caused by a tiny burr on the metal ball guide. Filed it off and it returned right to the flipper. The tiniest thing can have a big impact.

Learn the importance of mode selection so you can finish more than one at a time and so you can progress towards the multi balls and destroy the Death Star. Before I knew this, the game was meh to me. This is an important strategy.

Here is a fun strategy that anyone can use to get multiball and have the start to a pretty fun game. Choose Han. At ball start, pick +5 tie fighters. Hit the tie fighter to start the hurry up and repeatedly slap tap the lock bar button to get as many tie fighters as you can without draining. On subsequent balls, pick +5 tie fighters and you will get tie fighter multiball.

Very fun game that continues to be bolted to the floor.

#12491 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I've read this entire thread in anticipation of getting my Premium in August. It was the first pin I wanted to own but a few other machines found their way into my basement first. Now that SW is finally about to arrive I'm starting to have doubts based on all of the negative comments about the game on Pinside and Reddit about how difficult it is. I don't mind a hard game as they tend to keep my interest longer and the rewards are often worth the effort. Is it really as hard and frustrating as everyone says it is? Is it really all about setup and tuning? I wanted this machine to be a keeper as I'm a huge SW fan and I really like what they have put into this game. Somebody talk me off the edge

I think you will love it. The code is fantastic. Every time you hit start, you have that feeling that it could be the one game where you blow it up.
My favorite game in my collection. Never leaving.
My left outlane can be a little hungry, but other than that, I don't feel like it is too brutal.

#12492 1 year ago

Most of the problems can be fixed in a home environment. SDTM drains from the center loop, right orbit, and Tatooine scoop can be fixed by tweaking the ball guides and flipper and eject power. The premium hyperloop ramp can be adjusted too if shots aren't making it cleanly.

The big problem that can't is when the ball goes plunger -> standups -> left outlane. You can avoid this on manual plunges by plunging softly to the Force targets or flippers, but during multiballs, it's going to happen unavoidably. Some find that tolerable, some don't.

Much of the fun of the game comes from zipping the multiplier around to the lit shots. If you like that (I do), you'll love SW. Some find that too video-gamey and just want to shoot balls without the extra labor.

#12493 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I'm a big SW fan and the game is a blast. Hyperloop is the most satisfying shot in pinball for me. The theme integration is fantastic. It feels like Star Wars (the "real" SW, 4-6).

The game is tough, but have a cheater post on the left outlane and have the ball saves set pretty generously. Those really help, and make it more enjoyable for my wife and young kids, too.

Stay excited! You won't regret it.

#12494 1 year ago

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. The theme integration with movie scenes and music is the best that has ever been done IMO. My favorite pin ever. Yes it is an be difficult. Some games I might score 100,000,000 but my high score is over 5 billion. The mini wizard modes are reasonably attainable. So many ways to play with different characters and different paths. Love it!

#12495 1 year ago

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I appreciate it. Just a few more weeks to go. I am very stoked. More so than I was for GZ and JP and I love those themes and the games. Both are fantastic.

#12496 1 year ago

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. The theme integration with movie scenes and music is the best that has ever been done IMO. My favorite pin ever. Yes it is an be difficult. Some games I might score 100,000,000 but my high score is over 5 billion. The mini wizard modes are reasonably attainable. So many ways to play with different characters and different paths. Love it!

Great point on the theme integration. I especially love the Darth Vader VS and escape from Boba Fett modes.

#12497 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The big problem that can't is when the ball goes plunger -> standups -> left outlane. You can avoid this on manual plunges by plunging softly to the Force targets or flippers, but during multiballs, it's going to happen unavoidably. Some find that tolerable, some don't.

You can change this by adjusting the ball guide on the right side of the shooter lane. Bend it slightly flatter and the ball will hit the 3 bank a little further to the right and hit the top or middle of the left sling. Put more curve in it and it will hit the bank further to the left and hit the stand-up targets on the left side.

#12498 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Great point on the theme integration. I especially love the Darth Vader VS and escape from Boba Fett modes.

Lightsaber Duel!!!

#12499 1 year ago

Lightsaber Duel!!!

THATS IT! - had a mental block trying to remember the name!

#12500 1 year ago

I only have the pro, but this game is awesome! I do not have the issues of cheap drains and only had to adjust just a couple things to get it set up to really sing.

Having said that, the game is fairly hard (I'm a mid-level player) and some games are short, other games, when you're really feeling it can last 15 minutes or more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 210.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/250?hl=ecw0930 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.