SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 302.
#12401 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Adding stern insider is definately pretty awesome but I still hate that death star shot on the LE. Any tips to improve the accuracy of that shot? I can barely if ever backhand it, and the right flipper misses it > 80% of the time, hate that shot.

Is there still not an official Stern Insider connect for SW Prem/LE??

I have the SW topper and wondering what have people done when the connector is occupied already?

#12402 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Is there still not an official Stern Insider connect for SW Prem/LE??
I have the SW topper and wondering what have people done when the connector is occupied already?

I had to search the thread, connect the ethernet to the back of display on the playfield. There is an extra port. Just wiggle the cord from under the playfield and hook it up, pretty easy
Stern Insider is awesome, love getting achievements.

#12403 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Ecw0930 why is your at-at facing the wrong way?

AT-AT is going after the ion cannon, as should be.

#12404 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Keep going young padawan. Some bonuses can get higher than that!
5-ball, no stacking, siamese post.
[quoted image]

5 ball is not valid.

#12405 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

AT-AT is going after the ion cannon, as should be.

Well technically its going after the shield generator, not the ion cannon.

#12406 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

5 ball is not valid.

Of course it is, when compared against other 5 ball scores.

#12407 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Of course it is, when compared against other 5 ball scores.

It is kind of a rule in pinball that anything beyond early solid state defaults to 3 balls. Adding more balls isn't considered a valid game.

#12408 1 year ago

3 balls 5 balls, who cares. Go play some pinball and have fun

#12409 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Adding stern insider is definately pretty awesome but I still hate that death star shot on the LE. Any tips to improve the accuracy of that shot? I can barely if ever backhand it, and the right flipper misses it > 80% of the time, hate that shot.

Make sure your game is perfectly level side to side...after practicing you should be able to hit it 80% of the time.

Also, Ritchie's games play way better cleaned and regularly waxed...use a couple coats near the ramp and you'll be flying up the deathstar consistantly.

If none of that works, use the force

#12410 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Any tips to improve the accuracy of that shot?

Practice

#12411 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I still hate that death star shot on the LE. Any tips to improve the accuracy of that shot? I can barely if ever backhand it, and the right flipper misses it > 80% of the time, hate that shot.

If you are getting a lot of rejects on shots that otherwise look solid, you may need to slightly adjust the height of the wireform.

#12412 1 year ago

Hey Star Wars owners. I have some popular Hot Wheels Starships left over from when I pimped out my game. The lot for $32 with free shipping in the US. PM if interested.

20220609_100156 (resized).jpg20220609_100156 (resized).jpg
#12413 1 year ago

Why do the bonus X lights start to disappear?

You start with 3. It goes to 2. Then to 1.

Then comes back to 3. I think it comes back to 3 when it resets back to 2x.

Thanks.

#12414 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Why do the bonus X lights start to disappear?
You start with 3. It goes to 2. Then to 1.
Then comes back to 3. I think it comes back to 3 when it resets back to 2x.
Thanks.

As your bonus multiplier increases the Xs decrease from 3 to 2 to 1. R2 keeps higher number of Xs longer (with a higher multiplier) than other characters.

#12415 1 year ago

At 5x it drops to 2 shots lit for the multiplier. At 10x it drops to one shot lit.

If you're playing as R2D2, those thresholds are 7x and 14x instead.

Yes, it resets back to 3 if the multiplier times out and drops to 2x.

#12416 1 year ago

Thank you for the quick responses!

#12417 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Thank you for the quick responses!

and now, go for the 20X shoots, in double scoring (X40) of course

#12418 1 year ago

Any tips on managing to send the ball to the left orbit ? I'm playing a Pro and have trouble shooting the orbits when I have to do it for the boba Fett mode for example.

#12419 1 year ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

Any tips on managing to send the ball to the left orbit ? I'm playing a Pro and have trouble shooting the orbits when I have to do it for the boba Fett mode for example.

Orbits are tough on mine too. Right orbit harder than the left.

#12420 1 year ago

If your orbits are hard to hit in general, you can drop the flipper angle a smidge (like 1mm or so, a little dab'll do ya). That should make things better for you.

#12421 1 year ago

Any tips on managing to send the ball to the left orbit

I can normally backhand the left orbit without much hassle. The right orbit I can never get consistently. I've owned my Prem since they first were produced, and I still suck at the right orbit.

#12422 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If your orbits are hard to hit in general, you can drop the flipper angle a smidge (like 1mm or so, a little dab'll do ya). That should make things better for you.

Thanks, I'll try that ! And good to know I'm not the only one

#12423 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Ecw0930 why is your at-at facing the wrong way?

It came like that. And I like it going towards the shield generator like in the movies.

#12424 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Keep going young padawan. Some bonuses can get higher than that!
5-ball, no stacking, siamese post.
[quoted image]

3 balls as standard. Also no Siamese post here.

that's a great score! But apples and oranges here my man.

And I'm not sure what you mean by stacking unless you mean the modes. I rarely do that, but I'm. It sure there's a points advantage is there?

#12425 1 year ago

There is a points advantage to the old stacking behavior, where you can stack a planet's fourth mode (multiball) with a mode from another planet. This behavior became not allowed by default in a code update, but there is a setting to restore it. The points advantage is indirect via the multiplier; the multiball doesn't change the points for the other mode, but the additional ball launches will hit the multiplier targets.

There is no points advantage to the current stacking behavior, where you can stack modes from two different planets, but they run independently and don't affect each other. Stacking just helps you progress through multiple modes at the same time.

There is a setting to disable stacking completely. You never really need this setting, since you can just choose a single unstacked mode every time if you want to, but it's there if you want to enforce it.

#12426 1 year ago

With Stern getting all the assets from the license it has always confounded me that they didn't use John William's THE ASTEROID FIELD during the video mode. Has anyone ever attempted to add it in as a mod?

#12427 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

There is a points advantage to the old stacking behavior, where you can stack a planet's fourth mode (multiball) with a mode from another planet. This behavior became not allowed by default in a code update, but there is a setting to restore it. The points advantage is indirect via the multiplier; the multiball doesn't change the points for the other mode, but the additional ball launches will hit the multiplier targets.
There is no points advantage to the current stacking behavior, where you can stack modes from two different planets, but they run independently and don't affect each other. Stacking just helps you progress through multiple modes at the same time.
There is a setting to disable stacking completely. You never really need this setting, since you can just choose a single unstacked mode every time if you want to, but it's there if you want to enforce it.

Do you know the setting to restore stacking a multi with a mode. I always wanted to do that. I learned how to play this game with whatever codes that didn’t allow it. I had no idea it was a setting always thought it was just the code.

#12428 1 year ago

I don't know what setting it is. I don't own a SW (though have one on order for the August run), just remembered from reading this thread.

#12429 1 year ago

When I hit the flippers before plunge I get points. Usually 10 points.

What's up with that?

#12430 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

When I hit the flippers before plunge I get points. Usually 10 points.
What's up with that?

You need to adjust the 10 point switch to not be so sensitive. Either adjust the rubber or the switch itself of necessary. Just north of the Force drops on the left side. When hit it should make a random sound effect (like Vader breathing).

#12431 1 year ago

Just in case anyone is looking!

#12432 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Just in case anyone is looking!

Machine - For Sale

Star Wars (Premium)

Featured!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Selling my absolutely mint HUO Star Wars Premium. Stock with no mods. I'm the 2nd owner, 115 total plays, like-new condition! No issues whatsoever and no wear/flaws to speak of. On...”

7 days ago

Eau Claire, WI

WildRover

How does this amazing pin pass through 2 owners with only 115 plays?!

#12433 1 year ago

How does this amazing pin pass through 2 owners with only 115 plays?!

I would imagine code updates

#12434 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I would imagine code updates

Yeah, possibly depending on build date. Mine was built 3/31/21 and by then you couldn't reset the total games played.

#12435 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I found the adjustments about 2 yrs ago in this thread. I don't see a key post for them though. 2 main adjustments to get it consistent. I can hit it around 90% of the time on a good shot from the right flipper and about 75% of the time on a backhand from left flipper.

1) The right pitch is key. On my digital inclinometer I show 7.1 towards the flippers, 7.0 in the middle of playfield, and 6.9 higher towards the ramps. Pic below of what my bubble shows.

2) There is a nut you can loosen holding the up ramp. Its right below the deathstar on the left side. Move that up ramp even with the medal above it. Or even a tiny bit higher than it. Once you find the right height just tighten the nut to secure it for good. Pic below of nut to loosen.

This game is very finicky with pitch so once you fi d the perfect pitch remember what it is in case you ever need to readjust.

Also to the person having a hard time with the orbits. The right orbit is kinda hard but are you able to backhand the left orbit? I can usually backhand the left orbit from a cradle about 90% of the time. If you can't I would try messing around with the pitch of you game.

20220618_155908 (resized).jpg20220618_155908 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220618-123552_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220618-123552_Gallery (resized).jpg
#12436 1 year ago

Yeah, possibly depending on build date. Mine was built 3/31/21 and by then you couldn't reset the total games played.

if i remember well, the LIFETIME audit was only in since the 1.10 ...

#12437 1 year ago

You need to adjust the 10 point switch to not be so sensitive. Either adjust the rubber or the switch itself of necessary. Just north of the Force drops on the left side. When hit it should make a random sound effect (like Vader breathing).

I feel like you're mocking me. hahahaha

The 10 point switch?

However it kind of makes sense bc I replaced the force targets with clear drops and a light kit so I was messing around in that area for a couple days.

Just north of the targets there's a switch that does that? Is it in the switch tests? I'll check it out! Thank you.

#12438 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I feel like you're mocking me. hahahaha
The 10 point switch?
However it kind of makes sense bc I replaced the force targets with clear drops and a light kit so I was messing around in that area for a couple days.
Just north of the targets there's a switch that does that? Is it in the switch tests? I'll check it out! Thank you.

Lol...not mocking you brother.

Resized_20210426_212847 (resized).jpegResized_20210426_212847 (resized).jpeg
#12439 1 year ago

I'll take a guess as to why it's there: to validate the playfield when you go for a FORCE skill shot and miss high. If that switch wasn't there, there's a pretty good chance you could let the ball no-switch-drain and try again.

#12440 1 year ago

Lol...not mocking you brother.[quoted image]

Hahaha. Imma have to check this out.

Quoted from vikingerik:

I'll take a guess as to why it's there: to validate the playfield when you go for a FORCE skill shot and miss high. If that switch wasn't there, there's a pretty good chance you could let the ball no-switch-drain and try again.

That makes a lot of sense. I have yet to even come close to landing a force skill shot.

Seeing as I was messing around over there I'll need to find some time to figure out why a flipper button would make that happen.

#12441 1 year ago

I usually try to bounce off the stand-ups and in to the lit force target... Is there a reason to try to hit just the force target directly?

#12442 1 year ago

Well, so you're actually trying to make the Force shot with skill instead of just wishing for a lucky rebound.

Most likely the flipper is triggering that switch just by vibration in general. Bend its contacts a bit farther apart and that should solve it.

#12443 1 year ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I usually try to bounce off the stand-ups and in to the lit force target... Is there a reason to try to hit just the force target directly?

During any multi-ball, if you hit the Force targets enough you will get the 'add a ball' (lock down button turns orange) and if you hold down that button for a second, you'll get another ball on the playfield. I usually save it for a drain to keep the action going...

#12444 1 year ago
Quoted from BluntManGuy:

During any multi-ball, if you hit the Force targets enough you will get the 'add a ball' (lock down button turns orange) and if you hold down that button for a second, you'll get another ball on the playfield. I usually save it for a drain to keep the action going...

Well now I gotta try this too!

#12445 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

With Stern getting all the assets from the license it has always confounded me that they didn't use John William's THE ASTEROID FIELD during the video mode. Has anyone ever attempted to add it in as a mod?

yes, there are some of us who added all the john williams music, edited ball saves/drains, and some other upgrades to the audio/visual. about 6 months back there were 3 or 4 different versions posted here.

#12446 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

yes, there are some of us who added all the john williams music, edited ball saves/drains, and some other upgrades to the audio/visual. about 6 months back there were 3 or 4 different versions posted here.

Has this treatment been applied to the latest code? If not, is it safe to roll back?

#12447 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Has this treatment been applied to the latest code? If not, is it safe to roll back?

Also, did anyone do an alternate code with video/audio for the pro? I don not have the software, but would love to donate to the cause of those who pay for it and put in the work

#12448 1 year ago

Try contacting PoMC - he's done some great stuff and I'm sure has a file for the Pro.

I downloaded his file for the 'Midnight madness' but he also added some extra videos to the ball save sequences which makes it fun for the kids to lose a ball

#12449 1 year ago

Anyone you guys know of who sells decent mirror blades for this game? Thinking they would look really good compared to the stern artwork ones.

#12450 1 year ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Anyone you guys know of who sells decent mirror blades for this game? Thinking they would look really good compared to the stern artwork ones.

Got mine from Nitro.

2692B733-DA0D-421F-9A92-AF66AA03E7B7 (resized).jpeg2692B733-DA0D-421F-9A92-AF66AA03E7B7 (resized).jpeg94DDC7D8-ABDA-4E5B-B4EF-281C23C51BD3 (resized).jpeg94DDC7D8-ABDA-4E5B-B4EF-281C23C51BD3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/249?hl=ecw0930 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.