Pinside_forum_6208033_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 301.
#12351 1 year ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Hey everyone - just bumping this post to see if anyone had any thoughts on how to correct or fix?
Thanks

Check setting 24. Make sure it is set to yes. Also remove scores from 31-35. Your selection numbers are likely different from the page in the manual.

D95E5AAA-2D23-442B-9383-E56DE717065A (resized).jpegD95E5AAA-2D23-442B-9383-E56DE717065A (resized).jpeg

#12352 1 year ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Hey everyone - just bumping this post to see if anyone had any thoughts on how to correct or fix?
Thanks

It's standard adjustment #26. Change it to "YES"

Edit: Oops! I didn't realize this question was already answered. It may be option#24 on the pro. I have a premium.

SW (resized).jpgSW (resized).jpg

#12353 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just a friendly reminder that the OEM ships in Star Wars are distressed. The Hot Wheels Starships do work great, but you have to knock down that new ship shine or they kind of stick out. Wash them with a weak black paint / water solution and put some miles on them. The results are much better.
[quoted image]

I like this! Thanks for the tip!

#12354 1 year ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Thanks

What code version is it running? Perhaps just updating to the most recent version (if it's not already) would resolve the problem? It seems as though you have all the settings correct based on the images you posted.

#12355 1 year ago

Had some fun setting it up then messing with taking pictures as well. I'm happy. Looks good!

Pew pew.

20220519_224630~2 (resized).jpg20220519_224630~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233628~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233628~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233646~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233646~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233711~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233711~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233907~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233907~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233920~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233920~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233938~2 (resized).jpg20220519_233938~2 (resized).jpg

20220519_235152~2 (resized).jpg20220519_235152~2 (resized).jpg
#12356 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Had some fun setting it up then messing with taking pictures as well. I'm happy. Looks good!
Pew pew.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love it, very nicely integrated with the layout. Especially love the continuity between the TIE fighters on the hyperloop artwork and the miniatures

Are all of those Hotwheels ? Damn, need to buy all of them now

Sidenote, where did you find the AT-AT walker ?

#12357 1 year ago

I could use a little pricing help.

I'm downsizing my collection a bit and selling off some of my fancier stuff including my Star Wars LE w/ R2D2 topper, all the translites, and some misc. mod stuff like lit El rails and the cool light sabre thing that changes colors and turns on when a game starts...

Anyhoo, it's mint and all that, but I can't find any recent LE sales to get a decent barometer. Any ideas? I try to be realistic when I come up with a number but I'm pretty clueless in this market. Any input would be most appreciated, cheers.

#12358 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Love it, very nicely integrated with the layout. Especially love the continuity between the TIE fighters on the hyperloop artwork and the miniatures
Are all of those Hotwheels ? Damn, need to buy all of them now
Sidenote, where did you find the AT-AT walker ?

Thanks! They are all hot wheels yes. Got them either on eBay or Facebook marketplace. The speeder bike over the shooter lane is my favorite touch I think. I had to hotglue the bracket into the Hyperloop but it came out great at that angle. I've got one more Tie Fighter I'm using as my topper. Hahahaha

The AT-AT is also a hot wheels but comes with the World Mods. Those are discontinued however.

#12359 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Thanks! They are all hot wheels yes. Got them either on eBay or Facebook marketplace. The speeder bike over the shooter lane is my favorite touch I think. I had to hotglue the bracket into the Hyperloop but it came out great at that angle. I've got one more Tie Fighter I'm using as my topper. Hahahaha
The AT-AT is also a hot wheels but comes with the World Mods. Those are discontinued however.

The AT-AT came in a two pack with the Snow Speeder near the back. These used to be overpriced in the secondary market, but are now more reasonable.

ebay.com link: itm

And of course Charlie has the pop cap available on thingiverse to print...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2842899

#12360 1 year ago
Quoted from setzkor:

The AT-AT came in a two pack with the Snow Speeder near the back. These used to be overpriced in the secondary market, but are now more reasonable.
ebay.com link: itm
And of course Charlie has the pop cap available on thingiverse to print...
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2842899

I got the snow speeder by itself, so it's available solo if you'd like.

Charlie is awesome and has helped me with a few questions. Great service and guy!

#12361 1 year ago

I'm a new member of the club with a Pro and absolutely love the game! It's so fast and the I love the sounds and theme integration with mode stacking off.

I do have a question. Does anyone know where I could buy the clear flat plastic ramp covers that keep the ball from going airborne (2 on each ramp)? One of the previous owners glued a bunch of ships to them and I prefer having a cleaner look. The glue residue is pretty much melted into the plastic. I would think that since they are just clear and don't have any copyright material on them they would be easy to reproduce. I could even send scans for anyone with a laser cutter. Thanks!

#12362 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone know where I could buy the clear flat plastic ramp covers that keep the ball from going airborne (2 on each ramp)?

Not sure if this is what you have in mind but it's what I installed on my pro: https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-airball-protector

#12363 1 year ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Not sure if this is what you have in mind but it's what I installed on my pro: https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-airball-protector

Thanks. That's different from what I was looking for but I'll keep it in mind if I get airballs on those shots.

These are what I'm looking for. I know I can get them if I order the full plastic set, but I probably don't need them that badly. I may reach out to a distributor and see if it's possible to just order the clear plastic portion of the set from Stern.

SWclearplastics (resized).pngSWclearplastics (resized).png
#12364 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks. That's different from what I was looking for but I'll keep it in mind if I get airballs on those shots.
These are what I'm looking for. I know I can get them if I order the full plastic set, but I probably don't need them that badly. I may reach out to a distributor and see if it's possible to just order the clear plastic portion of the set from Stern.[quoted image]

Distro is way to go. Call them with part numbers you need.

#12365 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Pew pew.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love the space battle chase you have going on...very well executed

#12366 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Love the space battle chase you have going on...very well executed

Thank you sir. I enlisted my 11 year old who loves to setup battles with his toys.

Took a minute but I think we executed it well.

#12367 1 year ago

Just picked up a comic pro this week. Have a couple of questions to owners.

1. What are must have mods for a Pro? I am looking at picking up a shaker. Is it integrated well?
2. Anyone have issues with occasional left spinner and two way gate rejects?
3. On your game, where does the ball end up after a right scoop eject? Mine is just hitting the tip of the left flipper. I am always letting it bounce off at this point.
4. Why do the out lanes hate me so much?!

Thanks.

#12368 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

1. What are must have mods for a Pro? I am looking at picking up a shaker. Is it integrated well?
3. On your game, where does the ball end up after a right scoop eject? Mine is just hitting the tip of the left flipper. I am always letting it bounce off at this point.
Thanks.

External Polk sub would be my #1 recommended mod. Shaker, mirror blades, and mini screen bezel would be my other 3 suggestions.

I would try changing the power of your scoop eject. Mine hits my left flipper.

#12369 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I think the shaker is integrated well. It's not overly intrusive, but it definitely enhances the overall experience, especially on the video mode.

Quoted from Palmer:

You can adjust the strength of the scoop eject coil in the settings. IIRC, you can even select whether or not there is a ball save from the scoop and adjust its duration.

#12370 1 year ago

I have a couple Polk subs laying around. Never thought of adding one to SW. Does it sound much better with a sub?

#12371 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I have a couple Polk subs laying around. Never thought of adding one to SW. Does it sound much better with a sub?

YES!!!! Big time!!!! I have mine hooked up to a Polk PSW10 via alligator clips and it sounds incredible! When I have the volume jacked up you can feel the bass in your bones.

#12372 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Thanks.

Congrats. I love my comic pro. I'm not a huge mod guy, but I added:
-Stern comic art blades, which look great in my opinion
-Stern storm trooper shooter knob
-mini screen bezel
-flood lights that look like the hoth satellite dishes (ordered from the mod couple), small detail but looks so much better than the standard chrome ones

I can take pictures of any if you want.

Have Fun!

#12373 1 year ago

What color titan flipper rubbers do you all like for a SW pro?

#12374 1 year ago

FYI I have a near mint comic premium I just listed for sell

#12375 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

What color titan flipper rubbers do you all like for a SW pro?

Low bounce flipper rubbers are essential! Huge difference.

I put clears on and they look amazing. I did like the black as well.

But whatever you get, make taure they are low bounce?

#12376 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The pinball plane might be slamming into the side of a mountain here soon.
The idea of NIB $8k plus pins, continuing to be sold in large volume, i don't care what you put in them, isn't sustainable.
People are waking up to the fact that its probably smarter to let somebody else take the up front hit while you buy the mistake on the secondary market at a huge discount. There are currently and will be a ton of "lightly played", "mint condition", hitting the market at steep discounts
That said, I think this Star Wars pin is going to be a blast to play once it finally gets out there. Theme alone, immersion off the charts.

I wish this were true, the plane didn't hit the mountain raither it shot above to the stratosphere. Im working my way through this thread from the beginning as I just put money down on a Prem that cost me $8,900 which is literally the LE price you guys paid for the same game. Now the secondary market is higher than msrp instead of at a discount.
Of course you know all this, you live in the future like I do right now; but this is crazy its literally the same game.
Your prices were (according to IGN release article), Prem 7,899 and LE 8,999.

#12377 1 year ago
Quoted from MitchMitchell:

I wish this were true, the plane didn't hit the mountain raither it shot above to the stratosphere. Im working my way through this thread from the beginning as I just put money down on a Prem that cost me $8,900 which is literally the LE price you guys paid for the same game. Now the secondary market is higher than msrp instead of at a discount.
Of course you know all this, you live in the future like I do right now; but this is crazy its literally the same game.
Your prices were (according to IGN release article), Prem 7,899 and LE 8,999.

Actually wasn’t it $7400 for a premium upon release? Or $7600?

#12378 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

In Germany it was 10500 EUR for the LE.

#12379 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I don’t remember if Stern implemented the standardized pricing when this came out, but I paid $7100 at the end of 2017 for my nib premium.

You need to realize, that is 5 years ago though. Go back 5 years before that and see what nib pricing was in 2012.

#12380 1 year ago

got a Premium Comic Edition on the way and hoping to get some art blades. Anyone have source on some originals or (more likely) a reputable simulacrum of the Comic Art blades?

#12381 1 year ago

Two things.

First, whats up with the weird update stern posted today showing SW prem. Is that a new translite?

Also is SW sterns best seller? Seems like it must be given how long it has been run.

#12382 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Two things.
First, whats up with the weird update stern posted today showing SW prem. Is that a new translite?
Also is SW sterns best seller? Seems like it must be given how long it has been run.

Got a link or a photo? I thought Star Wars was done after the next run.

#12383 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Two things.

Not sure what you mean. It’s the same as on my premium.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Got a link or a photo? I thought Star Wars was done after the next run.

Instagram.

268FE820-27F5-4D9E-99BB-4A35EA58433E (resized).jpeg268FE820-27F5-4D9E-99BB-4A35EA58433E (resized).jpeg
#12384 1 year ago

That's the premium translite.

#12385 1 year ago

Star Wars has to be one of the highest selling pins of all time for modern day Stern. It has been ran for 5 years. It is in like every arcade that has pins. I don't know that Stern ever retires Star Wars while Spike 2 is their system of choice.

#12386 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Star Wars has to be one of the highest selling pins of all time for modern day Stern. It has been ran for 5 years. It is in like every arcade that has pins. I don't know that Stern ever retires Star Wars while Spike 2 is their system of choice.

We don't know when Stern's license expires, but rumor is it's the most expensive license deal they've done and it won't surprise me if the next run is the last.

#12388 1 year ago

Had my best game yet!

No idea where this stacks up with everyone but I enjoyed it!

20220531_184146 (resized).jpg20220531_184146 (resized).jpg20220531_184150 (resized).jpg20220531_184150 (resized).jpg20220531_184153 (resized).jpg20220531_184153 (resized).jpg20220531_184156 (resized).jpg20220531_184156 (resized).jpg20220531_184159 (resized).jpg20220531_184159 (resized).jpg
#12389 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Had my best game yet!

No idea where this stacks up with everyone but I enjoyed it!

Nice game! It's amazing how many points you can have on your end of ball bonus if you have your multiplier built up. It makes the skill shot so important.

#12390 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Had my best game yet!
No idea where this stacks up with everyone

Keep going young padawan. Some bonuses can get higher than that!

5-ball, no stacking, siamese post.

20220603_030234_mfnr (resized).jpg20220603_030234_mfnr (resized).jpg
#12391 1 year ago

Ecw0930 why is your at-at facing the wrong way?

#12392 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

[quoted image]

Tsk tsk tsk…. 5 ball????? No no noooo

What’s your best on 3?

#12393 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

[quoted image]

How do you earn big once your multiballs are gone? By ball 3 usually most of mine are depleted minus death star.

#12394 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I bought Starwars X Wing miniatures.
These fit nicely with wire.
Few X wings, few Tie Fighters
[quoted image]

Curious, how do you mount the wire on the figurine itself ?

#12395 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

How do you earn big once your multiballs are gone? By ball 3 usually most of mine are depleted minus death star.

it's all about the multiplier. you need to know where it should be at all times.

#12396 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Some bonuses can get higher than that!

i had a single shot to collect hyperspace at 3.598B
(not bad when theorical max would be 4B)

Quoted from gorgar007:

again, and as said above already, the multiplicator is the only key to score big, always keeping it active at X20 (X40), and of course place it on the right next shot... easy to understand, more than hard to do because all is under timers in this pin, than you have to be quick to think/shoot, you can't cradle and lose 10 sec to decide what you will do next

good luck !

PS : of course, you can also play that pinball with the objective to simply finish it & kill the emperor
than forget about the multiplicator & only focuse on the shoots, this will be easier and achievable, but beating the wizard mode as it will not gives you big points

#12397 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i had a single shot to collect hyperspace at 3.598B
(not bad when theorical max would be 4B)

again, and as said above already, the multiplicator is the only key to score big, always keeping it active at X20 (X40), and of course place it on the right next shot... easy to understand, more than hard to do because all is under timers in this pin, than you have to be quick to think/shoot, you can't cradle and lose 10 sec to decide what you will do next
good luck !

PS : of course, you can also play that pinball with the objective to simply finish it & kill the emperor
than forget about the multiplicator & only focuse on the shoots, this will be easier and achievable, but beating the wizard mode as it will not gives you big points

Yeah best pinball of all time!!

#12398 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Curious as well, i tried superglue but it wont stick.. silicon glue? Loving this game it aint going nowhere!

#12399 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

For this reason I much prefer the Hot Wheels Starships. They each come with a clear plastic 2 part stand that clips into the bottom of the ship. The base of the stand isn't used. The remaining part is modified by cutting off the tab flush that would normally snap into the base. I then drill straight into the flush cut and add some stainless wire for securing to a nearby screw. You can shape as needed and secure the wire in place with super glue. The end result looks very factory.

Screenshot_20220604-064318_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220604-064318_Gallery (resized).jpg
#12400 1 year ago

Adding stern insider is definately pretty awesome but I still hate that death star shot on the LE. Any tips to improve the accuracy of that shot? I can barely if ever backhand it, and the right flipper misses it > 80% of the time, hate that shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/248?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.