IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 301.
#12251 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

Quick question: I wanted to print the Pinworld mods available on Thingiverse (hats off to them for providing the models by the way, this is really super super nice of them, quite a gesture of support to the community)

Turns out that there are two cannons models, one for the Pro, one for the LE. But the LE seems to be missing the back half of the cannon, whereas the Pro is complete, and I can't figure out why ? Since I own a Premium, my understanding I would need the LE version

Can someone who owns the Pinworld mod on a Premium/LE show me how it's installed ?

Thanks !

#12252 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I added an xwing and a tie fighter. I like the xwing, but I think the tie fighter I added doesn't add much and isn't as nice as the included tie. They are also just star wars miniture ships from the xwings game, I think you can just buy these: amazon.com link » -- and add some wire to mount it.
Also, don't add to much or you'll regret it. It's a nice playfield as-is. The side blades are key though.

Contact Back Alley Creations. They had some wire form mounts at TPF and I believe they were using them with the mini ships you referenced in the link.

#12253 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Hi everyone,
Quick question: I wanted to print the Pinworld mods available on Thingiverse (hats off to them for providing the models by the way, this is really super super nice of them, quite a gesture of support to the community)
Turns out that there are two cannons models, one for the Pro, one for the LE. But the LE seems to be missing the back half of the cannon, whereas the Pro is complete, and I can't figure out why ? Since I own a Premium, my understanding I would need the LE version
Can someone who owns the Pinworld mod on a Premium/LE show me how it's installed ?
Thanks !

You got a link to what you're talking about?

#12254 1 year ago

Are there any other topper options besides the Stern R2D2 topper? Anything aftermarket?

#12255 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Are there any other topper options besides the Stern R2D2 topper? Anything aftermarket?

I can't answer your question, but one thing I'm wondering about that could be topper related for Star Wars: I've heard rumors that the topper for Mandolorean may be the IG bounty hunter droid, with laser guns and a spinning head. That would actually look cool on the Star Wars Comic Premium at least, as one side of the head has the bounty hunter droid IG-88 on it. I just wonder if it would work with the Star Wars pin? Probably not, as even if it did with the rotating IG droid head, what noises would it make? If it made R2D2 noises, that just wouldn't be right. Of course, all this is speculation right now, as the Mandolorean topper could be something completely different.

#12256 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Hi everyone,
Thanks !

Yes, you need the LE version. The Premium/LE has a rounded graphic in the back to account for the hyperspace loop, whereas the Pro is flat. The back-half of the Ion Cannon has been cutaway to allow for that. The picture on Thingiverse is of the Pro... And Pinball Charlie rocks...

PXL_20220428_200751411 (resized).jpgPXL_20220428_200751411 (resized).jpg

Also, he has install instructions on the website as well as a link to the acrylic tubes...

https://www.pinworlds.com/help

#12257 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I have this on my machine, plugged into the service outlet. It looks like it belongs, and has been trouble free.

Robe Factory LLC Star Wars Official Logo 17-Inch Light Box | USB Powered LED Mood Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MQ13L3C/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_7NA80T35165JGD0WRGP7

20211227_231422 (resized).jpg20211227_231422 (resized).jpg
#12258 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I always thought this one looked cool... Wish it was in R2

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/04365-star-wars-pinball-hologram-topper-

#12259 1 year ago

How could it be "in" R2??? It's not a "hologram" despite the sales pitch. It's a gigantic spinning fan - essentially a circular monitor. I know. I have it on my LOTR. It loses it's "cool" factor pretty darn quick. It's not interactive in any way, shape, or form. It just loops whatever video you put in it. Most of the videos that are offered with it (the PREMIUM ones) are crappy low quality rendering of objects that rotate 360 degrees with no actual motion. It's loud. And in my case it's off 100% of the time because I have cats and they can't see it from behind or the sides - DANGER!

#12260 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I have this on my machine, plugged into the service outlet. It looks like it belongs, and has been trouble free.
Robe Factory LLC Star Wars Official Logo 17-Inch Light Box | USB Powered LED Mood Light amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Ha! I actually found and ordered that like 10 minutes ago. It’s not too bright?

#12261 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:How could it be "in" R2??? It's not a "hologram" despite the sales pitch. It's a gigantic spinning fan - essentially a circular monitor. I know. I have it on my LOTR. It's not that cool after a few mins. It's loud. And in my case it's off 100% of the time because I have cats and they can't see it from behind or the sides - DANGER!

Plus you can buy one for a fraction of the price on Ali, it's just a standard rotating fan with leds on the blade. Cost me 40 euros... But it's so loud I leave it off all the time.

Quoted from setzkor:

Yes, you need the LE version. The Premium/LE has a rounded graphic in the back to account for the hyperspace loop, whereas the Pro is flat. The back-half of the Ion Cannon has been cutaway to allow for that. The picture on Thingiverse is of the Pro... And Pinball Charlie rocks...
[quoted image]
Also, he has install instructions on the website as well as a link to the acrylic tubes...
https://www.pinworlds.com/help

Ah thanks, indeed I had missed the hyperloop, did not realize it was that big

#12262 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ha! I actually found and ordered that like 10 minutes ago. It’s not too bright?

My at all.

Added 23 months ago:

Not at all. Didn't notice until now that I got auto-corrected.

#12263 1 year ago

Visiting my brother and he has a premium. In attract mode we get these weird almost Halloween type sounds. Actually got worse when I turned on attract mode sounds in settings. Appreciate any help. Running 1.10 code

#12264 1 year ago

I left it in switch test for a while and it started chiming that the tournament button was being fired. When I shake these wires or the connector it's triggering switch test. Thinking that could be the problem but not sure what to do about it because I can't disconnect that connector without losing the start button.

#12265 1 year ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I left it in switch test for a while and it started chiming that the tournament button was being fired.

Now that's odd.

#12266 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Now that's odd.

I'm thinking it's a cold solder joint on the node board. When I take the connector off it still makes the noise if I wiggle the pins.

#12267 1 year ago

Just checking : how do you adjust the spinner on the left orbit?

In my case, it has a tendencies to block shots, I really need a relatively strong straight shot for the ball to enter the orbit, otherwise it's blocked by the spinner

Thanks

#12268 1 year ago

Anyone have an issue where the screen is froze and all the lights are off and the game froze after sitting idle for a bit. Restarted it and it booted back up as normal, but a weird glitch. Code maybe?

#12269 1 year ago

Joined the club this weekend! Got a minty 2017 build premium.

Came with mirror blades, world mods, and white powder coat.

I added screen bezel and toppers (so far)

20220429_143613 (resized).jpg20220429_143613 (resized).jpg20220429_145737 (resized).jpg20220429_145737 (resized).jpg20220429_211430 (resized).jpg20220429_211430 (resized).jpg
#12270 1 year ago

Wondering if changing out the stock rubbers, maybe removing the rubbers on the inlanes as well, would help to alleviate the major outlan drains.

Would titans or competitions help with this? Maybe be just different enough to help NOT drain quite so often...

Thoughts?

#12271 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Wondering if changing out the stock rubbers, maybe removing the rubbers on the inlanes as well, would help to alleviate the major outlan drains.
Would titans or competitions help with this? Maybe be just different enough to help NOT drain quite so often...
Thoughts?

I lowered my out lanes and did titans and it is much much better.

#12272 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I lowered my out lanes and did titans and it is much much better.

great. was hoping titans would really help. what color did you go with? I'm considering taking the ring off the inlane post as well. Did it on GNR and it worked well.

My left outlane is already lowered and doesn't seem to help. Will lower right one very soon.

#12273 1 year ago

I noticed the Stern Plate doesn't say Premium or Pro on it.

So I made a ring around it and put PREMIUM on it.

If you'd like one hit me up. I have yellow as well.

20220502_170822 (resized).jpg20220502_170822 (resized).jpg20220502_170832 (resized).jpg20220502_170832 (resized).jpg
#12274 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Thoughts?

Even at the most generous setting, the left outlane is as massive and hungry as Jabba himself. I used a clear siamese post that helps give a fighting chance to save many shots. Plenty still make it out, but it is definitely better. I have an extra, send me a PM and I'll trade you for one of your "premium" bezels.

When you do your Titan order, I suggest clear for things that are lit, blue elsewhere. Get low bounce flippers: they cut down on bounce-overs during multiball. Also get some star post silicone washers to go under that siamese.

20220502_192130 (resized).jpg20220502_192130 (resized).jpg
#12275 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Just checking : how do you adjust the spinner on the left orbit?
In my case, it has a tendencies to block shots, I really need a relatively strong straight shot for the ball to enter the orbit, otherwise it's blocked by the spinner
Thanks

Same here. I noticed that the bottom right corner of my spinner was bulging, it had been hit so much from that side that the metal around it had expanded.
What I did to help a bit was to carefully bend back the frame of the spinner so that is faces towards the tip of the right flipper. By default the spinner tends to face towards the tip of the left flipper. I've noticed that it has helped my right flipper shots to the LO but since I've only made this adjustment recently I can't say for sure if it has been that effective or I'm just getting better at nailing that shot. I don't have a before picture of the spinner frame but the yellow rectangle is about where it was before bending it back.
Spinner (resized).jpgSpinner (resized).jpg

#12276 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Same here. I noticed that the bottom right corner of my spinner was bulging, it had been hit so much from that side that the metal around it had expanded.
What I did to help a bit was to carefully bend back the frame of the spinner so that is faces towards the tip of the right flipper. By default the spinner tends to face towards the tip of the left flipper. I've noticed that it has helped my right flipper shots to the LO but since I've only made this adjustment recently I can't say for sure if it has been that effective or I'm just getting better at nailing that shot. I don't have a before picture of the spinner frame but the yellow rectangle is about where it was before bending it back.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the tip, useful to know.

Regards

#12277 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

great. was hoping titans would really help. what color did you go with? I'm considering taking the ring off the inlane post as well. Did it on GNR and it worked well.
My left outlane is already lowered and doesn't seem to help. Will lower right one very soon.

You can 3D print some "Out lane ball savers" for Star Wars. I used a pretty aggressive one to start, but now down to one of the smallest. 9 sizes to choose from

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4857256

#12278 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Even at the most generous setting, the left outlane is as massive and hungry as Jabba himself. I used a clear siamese post that helps give a fighting chance to save many shots. Plenty still make it out, but it is definitely better. I have an extra, send me a PM and I'll trade you for one of your "premium" bezels.
When you do your Titan order, I suggest clear for things that are lit, blue elsewhere. Get low bounce flippers: they cut down on bounce-overs during multiball. Also get some star post silicone washers to go under that siamese. [quoted image]

Is the double post a good bit bigger than the original post that is there? I like your idea with the blue titans. Also clear where the lights are is pretty much the way to go, I agree. Was thinking what color I could do. I've got a couple color schemes bouncing around. Maybe white ones? I'm contemplating doing half blue and half red plastic protectors so maybe I match the titans to that... Not sure. Just got the thing so I'll be getting around to it sooner or later.

The low bounce flipper rubbers are also something perhaps. I hate the bounce over into the outlane. I love the super bands but are they low bounce and sticky enough?

Lots to consider.

#12279 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

You can 3D print some "Out lane ball savers" for Star Wars. I used a pretty aggressive one to start, but now down to one of the smallest. 9 sizes to choose from
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4857256

These are also intriguing. A bit of a cheat code I think. But maybe that smallest one will be ok.

I definitely don't like the Jabba Lanes! bahahaha

#12280 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

These are also intriguing. A bit of a cheat code I think. But maybe that smallest one will be ok.
I definitely don't like the Jabba Lanes! bahahaha

I printed a bunch but never installed any. I found the game to be just as brutal on the right side and ot much more brutal then my other games. WAY less brutal outlanes on SW than on STTNG lol even with the chasm on the left outlane. My SW is out on play trade and I did give the guy the printed posts. Not sure if he installed one.

#12281 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Is the double post a good bit bigger than the original post that is there?

The factory is a small, metal post, if I recall. Siamese posts are like an elongated star post. If I'm not mistaken, Gottlieb games are where they originated. I wanted the post to be clear, most of the 3D solutions I saw at the time had a much more opaque aesthetic to them. Unless people own the game, they don't even notice at first because it looks like it belongs.

#12282 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

The factory is a small, metal post, if I recall. Siamese posts are like an elongated star post. If I'm not mistaken, Gottlieb games are where they originated. I wanted the post to be clear, most of the 3D solutions I saw at the time had a much more opaque aesthetic to them. Unless people own the game, they don't even notice at first because it looks like it belongs.

If you are 3D printing with filament then yes I agree they would be more opaque. I use a resin 3d printer and my posts are as clear as your double post in your pic.

#12283 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If you are 3D printing with filament then yes I agree they would be more opaque. I use a resin 3d printer and my posts are as clear as your double post in your pic.

I've never seen a resin 3D printer outside of large scale manufacturing. Sounds cool. Do you have to deal with pot life, and run it out between prints?

#12284 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I've never seen a resin 3D printer outside of large scale manufacturing. Sounds cool. Do you have to deal with pot life, and run it out between prints?

I have 2 and they are fairly small. It limits the size of the print. The resin does have a shelf life of about 1 year. I have printed with "expired" resin without any issues though. I have the Anycubic Photon and the Kelant s400. They are older but still work fine.

The downside is they are very messy. You have to clean them out every time you used them. The resin is fairly toxic and sticky. Think Aunt Jemima syrup for consistency and stickiness.

The plus side is the amazing details I get and NO RINGS between layers. I've printed Klingon ships with "cables" that run to the tip of the cannons that are the size of a human hair. Mind blowing. The lines you see on the wing tip and gun base are not printing layers. They are the model texture as designed. This model was printed from the ass end to the tip of the nose so if any rings were visible they would be in that orientation.
3dprint.jpg3dprint.jpg

#12285 1 year ago
34672F9A-15A9-499A-B497-2E8247950CE3 (resized).jpeg34672F9A-15A9-499A-B497-2E8247950CE3 (resized).jpeg
#12286 1 year ago

Everyone play a game and get your May the 4th be with you cheevo

#12287 1 year ago

My Death Star Start Button mod shipped today....

on May The 4th....

Love it!

#12288 1 year ago

My SW Prem' birthday/manufacturing date is May the...... 5th.. I was bummed about being so close!

#12289 1 year ago

I only have 2 kits left!
If you want to install the Stern Insider Connected Upgrade Kit and don't want to alter/mess with your existing playfield apron, a coin door mount is a nice solution. And here is a low cost and much simpler way to do it...

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “If you want to install the Stern (Spike2) Insider Connected Upgrade Kit and don't want to alter/mess with your nice playfield apron, a coin door mount kit is a nice solution. And h...”
2022-05-08
Naperville, IL
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 658 times

#12290 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My SW Prem' birthday/manufacturing date is May the...... 5th.. I was bummed about being so close!

No way! Seriously?

It might not be May the 4th.

But it is Revenge of the Fifth!

Definitely counts and major cool points!

#12291 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

No way! Seriously?
It might not be May the 4th.
But it is Revenge of the Fifth!
Definitely counts and major cool points!

Oops made a typo. It's May the 3rd (2021) - I knew I was off by 1 day. It was a Monday so I'm sure some folks have SW Prems from the last run dated May 4th.

1 week later
#12292 1 year ago

Ordered a shaker motor for my incoming Godzilla. Figured I would try it out on the Star Wars first. Let me just say that I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Thought it could be utilized much, much better. Is it just me?

#12293 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Ordered a shaker motor for my incoming Godzilla. Figured I would try it out on the Star Wars first. Let me just say that I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Thought it could be utilized much, much better. Is it just me?

If you want to be truly underwhelmed with shaker action (and real knocker) you should try a WOZ.
Edit: just told my wife about this post and her response was: “WTF There’s a shaker in WOZ!?!?!” It’s her favourite game and she plays it a lot too.. lol.

I have a shaker in my SW too. I put shakers in all my games and don’t pay much attention to how much use they get. I just like haptic feedback. Whether it’s a lot or a little.

#12294 1 year ago

What colors of powder coating have people been doing on their Comic Art Premium? Looking for ideas

#12295 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I love the shaker in my SWpre. I think it's well integrated but not overly done. I'd says it almost as good as the shaker in Godzilla.

#12296 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

What colors of powder coating have people been doing on their Comic Art Premium? Looking for ideas

That is too rare of a game to mess with. Leave it as is. Power coating is a very personal choice. It is very likely going to impact the value of that particular game. They only made around 300 of them and the few that did get powder coated looked awful.

#12297 1 year ago

Has anybody been able to install insider connected on a Premium Comic Art? If so... which model/kit.. and how did you do it?

#12298 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That is too rare of a game to mess with. Leave it as is. Power coating is a very personal choice. It is very likely going to impact the value of that particular game. They only made around 300 of them and the few that did get powder coated looked awful.

But powder coating is super easy to reverse. It’s just the back box hinges, side rails, lockdown bar, legs. All of those are easy to buy anywhere. So why not have some fun with it? The key is picking the right color.

#12299 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Has anybody been able to install insider connected on a Premium Comic Art? If so... which model/kit.. and how did you do it?

I think people are getting the coin door mount kit from the marketplace here. For whatever reason Star Wars has a solid metal apron, there are not the usual corner triangle plastics. Why Stern did this is beyond me since games before and after have those plastic triangles.

#12300 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I think people are getting the coin door mount kit from the marketplace here. For whatever reason Star Wars has a solid metal apron, there are not the usual corner triangle plastics. Why Stern did this is beyond me since games before and after have those plastic triangles.

I like the coin door option. Looks clean. I guess we'll see what Stern does with the next run. I have a Premium on order. Can't wait to officially join the club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/246?hl=simpleskin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.