IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 301.
#12201 2 years ago

Has anyone heard when the inside connected kits for the le’s are coming out? I hope we won’t be waiting a long time .

#12202 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Has anyone heard when the inside connected kits for the le’s are coming out? I hope we won’t be waiting a long time .

I thought they were already out, the LE is listed on the compatible game list on the Stern website. I mounted the camera on my Pro's coinbox instead of the apron, I definitely wouldn't ruin the look of an LE if I had one by mounting the camera up there! Each to their own though!

#12203 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I thought they were already out, the LE is listed on the compatible game list on the Stern website. I mounted the camera on my Pro's coinbox instead of the apron, I definitely wouldn't ruin the look of an LE if I had one by mounting the camera up there! Each to their own though!

Yeah , I think I’ll do the same thing.

#12204 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Yeah , I think I’ll do the same thing.

Based on the hardware in the kit I got for my Pro, there's nothing game-specific if mounting on the coinbox. As far as I can tell the only difference at all between kits are apron-related, for my Pro kit they even just have you move apron stickers to the new apron with the cutout, the kit I got was all off-the-shelf components other than the camera. So now I have a spare plastic apron with a rectangle hole in it. yay. I 3D printed a mount plate for the camera and for home pins I think it's the way to go.

I think as long as the game has a code version released with IC support, the version of the kit doesn't matter if mounting on the coin door. It's really just a standard USB wifi dongle and blank microSD card and the camera is the only Stern-specific component.

#12205 2 years ago

OhmEye ok thanks for that. Yeah I didn’t know if the kits were different. I’ll just get the normal kit & mount it on the door .

#12206 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Last night a friend gave me an Insider Connected kit. I was plugging in network cables to my Stern games so I can easily swap the reader between games. Noticed on Star Wars Pro there isn't a free network jack in the normal spot. Didn't feel like searching for an empty jack elsewhere, probably there is, but I just bought this $8 splitter from Amazon that will work just fine.
amazon.com link »
I'll be updating the 1.2 code with Midnight Madness and my other changes this week. I played my modified Avengers code last night connected and it worked just fine.

I purchased the following adaptors to plug in to the suggest node board 8 spot on my Star Wars. So I'm splitting the playfield mini LCD and insider connected to where the LCD screen originally was plugged in. When I do this it doesn't recognize the connection. LCD screen and insider connected not recognized? Is it just easier to plug insider connected in to the back of the backbox or mini lcd screen? Thanks for the help.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008F0YD46
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GB8HJ5Y

#12207 2 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I purchased the following adaptors to plug in to the suggest node board 8 spot on my Star Wars. So I'm splitting the playfield mini LCD and insider connected to where the LCD screen originally was plugged in. When I do this it doesn't recognize the connection. LCD screen and insider connected not recognized? Is it just easier to plug insider connected in to the back of the backbox or mini lcd screen? Thanks for the help.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

Same splitter I bought. I used the jacks under the left side of the apron where all other games connect. Remove one of those jacks, connect it to the single end of the splitter, now connect the cable you unplugged and the cable from the QR reader to the splitter.

1 week later
#12208 2 years ago

I've noticed that when I play 'escape from mos eisley' mission and build up the score value via the ramps, when the timer times out, usually it will go back to 1 million, but sometimes keeps my built up value? is there a trick to this or is it a glitch?

#12209 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

I've noticed that when I play 'escape from mos eisley' mission and build up the score value via the ramps, when the timer times out, usually it will go back to 1 million, but sometimes keeps my built up value? is there a trick to this or is it a glitch?

Yep, the trick appears to be that hitting the 3-Bank or a Jedi Target will keep the value you have built up. If the hurry-up has ended and you shoot a ramp straight after, you will reset your value. If you want to keep the value be sure to first shoot the 3-Bank or a JT.

#12210 2 years ago

Regarding IC and topper. I finally have a topper coming(yea i paid a lot for it). I have IC setup already as I ran the cable to the open slot behind the backglass.

So if I get an ethrenet cable splitter and just have IC and topper plugged into that single backbox plug itll work?

#12211 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Regarding IC and topper. I finally have a topper coming(yea i paid a lot for it). I have IC setup already as I ran the cable to the open slot behind the backglass.
So if I get an ethrenet cable splitter and just have IC and topper plugged into that single backbox plug itll work?

I have the topper as well. The official instructions from Stern support are to plug into the extra port at the back of the mini display, but it sounds like the splitter is working for people as well.

#12212 2 years ago

9C5C36BA-2D8D-478B-9F80-7681D10B48BA (resized).jpeg9C5C36BA-2D8D-478B-9F80-7681D10B48BA (resized).jpegJust picked up game and found this loose in cab . Anyone have an idea

9C5C36BA-2D8D-478B-9F80-7681D10B48BA (resized).jpeg9C5C36BA-2D8D-478B-9F80-7681D10B48BA (resized).jpeg

F640A368-5FB9-4134-9574-65901E4D61E0 (resized).jpegF640A368-5FB9-4134-9574-65901E4D61E0 (resized).jpeg
#12213 2 years ago

That’s a premium right? Right outlane ball save diverter to shooter lane

#12214 2 years ago

When that hyperloop is going…crazy what a rush.
Great code I am so happy with this machine. I play it more than Godzilla.
It is still hard to get the deathstar shot and can be frustrating. Who has got the golden tip? Or just practice a lot

#12215 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

When that hyperloop is going…crazy what a rush.
Great code I am so happy with this machine. I play it more than Godzilla.
It is still hard to get the deathstar shot and can be frustrating. Who has got the golden tip? Or just practice a lot

The side to side level makes a huge difference in the Death Star shot. It should be makable from the left flipper backhanded. If not, you’re not setup correctly. It took me forever to dial that in. Small adjustments make a big difference.

#12216 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The side to side level makes a huge difference in the Death Star shot. It should be makable from the left flipper backhanded. If not, you’re not setup correctly. It took me forever to dial that in. Small adjustments make a big difference.

When I changed my coil stops, backhanding the death star became easier as well

#12217 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I had to do that as well. Those Stern coil stop are really bad.

#12218 2 years ago

Joined the club today

01D07AE4-C696-4AAE-A581-5874A432BAA1 (resized).jpeg01D07AE4-C696-4AAE-A581-5874A432BAA1 (resized).jpeg186D6665-5667-4E16-8BA9-AC6C13639C18 (resized).jpeg186D6665-5667-4E16-8BA9-AC6C13639C18 (resized).jpegD683587D-0F5C-4DE4-BF36-A55A9A062844 (resized).jpegD683587D-0F5C-4DE4-BF36-A55A9A062844 (resized).jpeg
#12219 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Joined the club today

Congrats! That looks like quite a tight squeeze in the back of your vehicle.

#12220 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Joined the club today
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

same one I have. Best version in my opinion. I was surprised to see one on the market for 10k the other day. Thought the premium comic would go higher these days. Enjoy it!

#12221 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I would love to hear what exactly makes a coil stop relevant to backhanding a shot. Unless explained that is coincidence to me.

#12222 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I would love to hear what exactly makes a coil stop relevant to backhanding a shot. Unless explained that is coincidence to me.

The Stern coil stops are assembled badly to the point where the coil stop gets loose in the coil stop bracket. The flipper becomes weak when this happens. If you notice a gold colored dust on the coin box cover the coil stop is failing. Lots of us just swap the coil stops out to a different brand to avoid the issue completely.

#12223 2 years ago

I did switch them out as well, but actually because of the dust. I didn't let it get to the point where everything is so loose that it impacts performance. Thanks for clarifying.

#12224 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I did switch them out as well, but actually because of the dust. I didn't let it get to the point where everything is so loose that it impacts performance. Thanks for clarifying.

The stop was loose if there was gold dust when you did the swap. Maybe not to the point you would notice a performance loss yet but not operating at 100%. Swapping them out was a good call.

#12225 2 years ago

I noticed a huge difference when I changed out my coil stops. backhands included.

#12226 2 years ago

Has to be my luckiest weekend ever! Found a Comic art premium on Friday and today I scored a topper! I paid a fair price for the topper, amazing what these go for today. But it’s cool!

A49B3905-78A1-44C8-9E8B-16AB595B84A8 (resized).jpegA49B3905-78A1-44C8-9E8B-16AB595B84A8 (resized).jpeg
#12227 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

amazing what these go for today

What do they go for today? I have no feeling about this, but back when I bought mine i figured it would increase, since there are so few made...

#12228 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

What do they go for today? I have no feeling about this, but back when I bought mine i figured it would increase, since there are so few made...

$3000 seemed to be the going rate from what I could tell

#12229 2 years ago

Speak of the devil...

Mod - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for the Stern R2D2 Star Wars topper. Hit me up if you're looking to cash out on one.”
2022-04-11
Sioux Falls, SD
Wanted
Archived after: 22 days
Viewed: 69 times

#12230 2 years ago

Ridiculous.

#12231 2 years ago

i caved and bought a topper used from Zach last week as well. Ive had my comic premium since launch and its bolted to the floor so I had to have it.

#12232 2 years ago

I bought my topper before I owned the game... At the time, people were getting grief for spending $750 on it from Stern. Even I thought I was a little crazy at the time for doing so for a game I didn't have. Good thing I did, or I wouldn't have R2 beeping at me when I inevitably play terribly...

#12233 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I bought my topper before I owned the game... At the time, people were getting grief for spending $750 on it from Stern. Even I thought I was a little crazy at the time for doing so for a game I didn't have. Good thing I did, or I wouldn't have R2 beeping at me when I inevitably play terribly...

Lol I did the exact same! Had the topper over a year before I bought the game.

#12234 2 years ago

anyone have access to the stern side armor or an extra set lying around?

#12235 2 years ago

I’m trying to update my premium, and it just keeps resetting. I get a message saying resuming code update. Then it flips back to the stern logo. Rinse and repeat. Any ideas?

I’m on code 1.05 and trying to go to current code of 1.20

#12236 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m trying to update my premium, and it just keeps resetting. I get a message saying resuming code update. Then it flips back to the stern logo. Rinse and repeat. Any ideas?

Just download the full SD Card from Stern.
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#12237 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just download the full SD Card from Stern.

Will this update the node boards tho?
I'd probably update to 1.06 first, if the direct update doesn't work. Then 1.10. then 1.20.

#12238 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Will this update the node boards tho?

Yes

#12239 2 years ago

Anyone have recommendations for adding miniature ships and the best method for doing so?

#12240 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I had the same problem. All I had to do was pop the SD card and re-insert it. Then it worked fine

#12241 2 years ago

Thanks all. I'll get after it tonight and see if I can get it updated.

#12242 2 years ago

I don't want to poo poo the 3000 topper buyers but dam I think I'd rather pick up a restored ss or some nice ems instead.

That's crazy money!!

#12243 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Anyone have recommendations for adding miniature ships and the best method for doing so?

The Star Wars X-Wing miniature game has really nice toys. Just keep in mind that its an OT based pinball machine. Nothing worse than seeing ships that don't belong in this theme.

#12244 2 years ago

Flashed an SD card with full game code. That did the trick. Thanks guys!

#12245 2 years ago

Finally found an IC for Premium/LE and I wasn't a big fan of putting it on the apron in the first place, so no need to wait for the proper one. I found another Pinsider with a coin door mount that was very affordable and I gotta say, like all my transactions with Pinsiders so far, was tremendous.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/132382

Thank you @TeeJayN!! Looks great!!

20220415_172109 (resized).jpg20220415_172109 (resized).jpg20220415_172545 (resized).jpg20220415_172545 (resized).jpg
#12246 2 years ago
Quoted from BluntManGuy:

Finally found an IC for Premium/LE and I wasn't a big fan of putting it on the apron in the first place, so no need to wait for the proper one. I found another Pinsider with a coin door mount that was very affordable and I gotta say, like all my transactions with Pinsiders so far, was tremendous.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/132382
Thank you TeeJayN!! Looks great!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice looking game! Those posters look great on the sides

#12247 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Nice looking game! Those posters look great on the sides

Thanks!! Got both of those from the same people that I got the IC from. Jason at Classic Game Rooms in GA. Super good dude...not sure what he goes by on here, I found him on Facebook.

#12248 2 years ago

I’m trying to find a SW comic pro translight.

#12249 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I added an xwing and a tie fighter. I like the xwing, but I think the tie fighter I added doesn't add much and isn't as nice as the included tie. They are also just star wars miniture ships from the xwings game, I think you can just buy these: https://www.amazon.com/Miniatures-Strategy-Players-Playtime-Games-dp-B07CSC5NGH/dp/B07CSC5NGH -- and add some wire to mount it.

Also, don't add to much or you'll regret it. It's a nice playfield as-is. The side blades are key though.

1 week later
#12250 1 year ago

Long shot, but does anyone have Comic Book side blades and/or Comic Book Pro translite they would want to sell?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.