IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 301.
#12151 2 years ago

Has anyone with a topper tried to install Insider Connected yet? I went to do it today and there are no open Ethernet jacks on the node boards.

#12152 2 years ago
Quoted from mcsass:

I was hoping I could add to this thread requesting some help. I did try searching the list, but my lack of pinball knowledge made it tough for me to identify a proper solution.
I just got the Star Wars (Pro) in December, and the inner loop fork is not firing in time to catch the ball.
The images attached should show the ball entering from the right side of the inner loop, passing over the forks, and then in second image, the forks have raised, missing the ball.
Initially I discovered that the screw for one side of the fork was loose, and this it was uneven, but even after fixing that, it still raises too slowly to catch the ball.
Any thoughts on next steps I can try to fix this?[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m not sure, but I assume there are 2 optos for the horseshoe, so the game knows which way the ball is traveling. If there are make sure they aren’t just connected backwards.

#12153 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m not sure, but I assume there are 2 optos for the horseshoe, so the game knows which way the ball is traveling. If there are make sure they aren’t just connected backwards.

That would be one of the first things I would check too. And just make sure that in general the optos are clean and registering well.

Also, might be super obvious, but make sure the code is up to date. Some of the very early code had timing issues that Dwight has tweaked over a few revisions.

#12154 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

Has anyone with a topper tried to install Insider Connected yet? I went to do it today and there are no open Ethernet jacks on the node boards.

I heard back from Stern and wanted to post here in case anyone else runs into this. They are working on official instructions, but there is an open Ethernet port behind the mini lcd. I just plugged my insider connected there and it works great. I think officially they are going to show how to move a cable from node board 8 so you can plug in closer to the reader.

#12155 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Thanks, great to hear you're enjoying!
Ive just finished version 3 if anyone would like the most up to date code. This version does not have the fox fanfare at character selection.
Changes: the six ball drain vids are now
1. Porkins blowing up
2. chewie laughing, Han: Laugh it up fuzzball
3. Wicket (Ewok) hitting himself in the face with a rock
4. Luke crashing on Dagobah
5. Boba Fett slamming into the side of Jabba's barge
6. Han saying "we're fine now, thank you, how are you?"
Preview:

Also enabled high scores for Midnight Madness mode.
PM me if interested.

njvc There was a lot of work done by pinsider Celofane many years ago where he incorporated several OST changes to ensure the music being played was identical to the music of the same movie sequence. I'm personally enjoying this version very much, but the video changes are welcome, so would be interested to know what changes you made from the stock Stern OST ? Or did you add to celofane modded rom your changes?

#12156 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:Yes it has happened before on many different Stern machines. Usually a blob of solder or other small metal piece has fallen in the socket. You will have to check all the sockets of that GI string. The metal piece can be very small. As in you may need a magnifying glass/bright light source to find the culprit. Or it could be an easy one to find. Remove the bulbs and check.

So removed all leds, checked all sockets. Did not see anything, but I blew air on each socket, and.... Issue is gone....

Thanks for the tip

(of course one screw fell in the cabinet and I can't find it, but that's another story)

#12157 2 years ago

Man.. I was just screwing around, playing as R2D2, and I got through everything except "Escape Boba Fett". So close to battling the Emporer for the first time, but I couldn't seal the deal and drained. Still great fun!

20220225_184221 (resized).jpg20220225_184221 (resized).jpg
#12158 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

njvc There was a lot of work done by pinsider Celofane many years ago where he incorporated several OST changes to ensure the music being played was identical to the music of the same movie sequence. I'm personally enjoying this version very much, but the video changes are welcome, so would be interested to know what changes you made from the stock Stern OST ? Or did you add to celofane modded rom your changes?

Hi, I built this mod from ground up, did not use Celofane's changes. But the intention was the same, use OST movie relevant music for each mode. Only exception is lightsaber duel mode, in which I've used an epic version of the force theme.

#12159 2 years ago

I have an inlane socket that flickers. Tried to adjust it but no luck. Its under the flipper mech so not fun to work on. Can anyone recommend a socket that will fit here?

#12160 2 years ago

Has anyone else that installed the 1.20 update found that all their audio settings were messed up?

My max volume was set to 3 and min set to 1.
The fade was set to -30 and a whole bunch of other things are messed up. When I try to correct it to defaults, the system freezes…
I can submit a bug ticket with Stern but thought I’d see if anyone else was experiencing this as well.

I do have a pinsound connector for an external sub but other than that, nothing else I can think that would mess with things…

#12161 2 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

I have an inlane socket that flickers. Tried to adjust it but no luck. Its under the flipper mech so not fun to work on. Can anyone recommend a socket that will fit here?

Are you sure it's the socket? Did you try swapping LEDs or adding some additional solder to the tip of the LED?

#12162 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Has anyone else that installed the 1.20 update found that all their audio settings were messed up?
My max volume was set to 3 and min set to 1.
The fade was set to -30 and a whole bunch of other things are messed up. When I try to correct it to defaults, the system freezes…
I can submit a bug ticket with Stern but thought I’d see if anyone else was experiencing this as well.
I do have a pinsound connector for an external sub but other than that, nothing else I can think that would mess with things…

I just checked mine because you had me curious. All seems to be the way it was and no changes were made during the code update.

#12163 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Are you sure it's the socket? Did you try swapping LEDs or adding some additional solder to the tip of the LED?

Seems to be the socket. I tried different leds and tried to re-solder it as well.

I'll try the extra solder tho.. can do that without taking the flipper mech out.

#12164 2 years ago

Are they doing another run of SW Premiums this year?

#12165 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

They’re supposedly doing a run around September. At least that’s when my preorder from December of last year got pushed to according to my distributor.

#12166 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I just checked mine because you had me curious. All seems to be the way it was and no changes were made during the code update.

So strange, mine were all messed up.
I was able to get them back to normal but really weird...

Anyone know if you can install just a WiFi USB adapter and do code updates without the IC QR reader installed?

#12167 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

As squirtbrnr said. The run is scheduled for September. I have an order in with Cointaker and was confirmed for the September run. Will that happen in September? Who knows.

#12168 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Man.. I was just screwing around, playing as R2D2, and I got through everything except "Escape Boba Fett". So close to battling the Emporer for the first time, but I couldn't seal the deal and drained. Still great fun!
[quoted image]

Congrats! After Hoth, Tatuine, and Endor, I always get within one shot on finishing Death Star...DRAIN... Such a great game.

#12169 2 years ago

A post of happiness.

I had a SW Pro for 4 months in 2019, and I liked it so much that I bought a local lightly used LE in August 2019. It was always frustrating, as the Death Star shot was sooooo hard for me. Couldn't backhand it and was not great at hitting it from the right flipper either (maybe 10-20% at best). It needed some real TLC for about 4-6 months but I kept putting it off and just not playing SW.

This month I finally took apart many of the playfield mechs (including all 3 wire forms and the screen), cleaned and waxed well, replaced all the rings with Titans, and carefully assembled and tightened anything that was loose.

For the 1st time, I can backhand the Death Star shot with some consistency, and in general it plays SO MUCH BETTER. Wow, and to think this was almost on the "chopping block." My wife won't be happy, as she rarely plays this game, but we do have a couple others that she does like.

Looking forward to maybe even battling the emperor for the first time since 2019.

IMG_4296 (resized).jpgIMG_4296 (resized).jpg
#12170 2 years ago

Does anyone know when the insider kits for the Le’s are coming out? Sorry if it’s a dumb question, but I havnt seen anything from stern. Someone said you will need a special kit for the Le.

#12171 2 years ago

Added the kit to my premium. Haven’t had a ton of time to play yet, but first play through I had the Insider Connect chiming like crazy with achievements. Pretty fun.

11D0AC19-9EEC-4C2D-85B0-51264DB46B14 (resized).jpeg11D0AC19-9EEC-4C2D-85B0-51264DB46B14 (resized).jpeg55CF4A25-230E-47FE-93DA-9862C62923AE (resized).jpeg55CF4A25-230E-47FE-93DA-9862C62923AE (resized).jpeg
#12172 2 years ago

Selig that looks awesome, nice looking pin,may I ask what the mod is next to the playfield display?

#12173 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Selig that looks awesome, nice looking pin,may I ask what the mod is next to the playfield display?

Imperial Probe Droid. You can find it in the marketplace on Pinside.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1166-pixels-arcade-games/04684-new-for-2021-star-wars-pinball-imperial-probe-mod-very-cool

#12174 2 years ago

My SW premium death star ramp just started going spastic, going up and down repeatedly without stopping. It started on it's own, when not being played. Any tips on how to find the problem?

#12175 2 years ago

anyone have the premium/le 1.10 code? should be star_wars_le-1_10_0.spk.zip

I have 1.09 and if I try to upgrade to 1.20 the machine boot loops, if I power cycle it I have to do a full upgrade and it nukes all my settings/audits... thankfully I backup my SD card before upgrades fully expecting everything to go wrong so I restored the image I had and got everything back

so wanted to try upgrading to 1.10 first to see if I can at least do that

#12176 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

My SW premium death star ramp just started going spastic, going up and down repeatedly without stopping. It started on it's own, when not being played. Any tips on how to find the problem?

One of the roller switches probably needs to be adjusted. Go into the SW specific tests and try the ramp. Make sure it sees the switches in both positions

#12177 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

One of the roller switches probably needs to be adjusted. Go into the SW specific tests and try the ramp. Make sure it sees the switches in both positions

Like like it is switch 56, but that doesn't correspond to anything in the manual so no idea which switch to adjust and how to adjust...

20220305_102249 (resized).jpg20220305_102249 (resized).jpg20220305_102510 (resized).jpg20220305_102510 (resized).jpg
#12178 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

Like like it is switch 56, but that doesn't correspond to anything in the manual so no idea which switch to adjust and how to adjust...
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's pretty simple to find the problem switch if you stop to think about it...

There are 3 switches in the test. 55,56,57. There are 3 switches in your picture..

Put it in the ramp test mode with the pf up and activate the switches with your finger. See which one is 56.

Loosen the 2 screws (1/2 turn should do) holding the switch and rotate the black switch housing to make the switch slightly more sensitive. It doesn't move much. Maybe 1mm. But that's all you need. Once in position re-tighten the screws.

Based on that pic if it's one of the 2 top switches you will rotate the housing clockwise. If it's the bottom one you will rotate counter-clockwise.

#12179 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's pretty simple to find the problem switch if you stop to think about it...
There are 3 switches in the test. 55,56,57. There are 3 switches in your picture..
Put it in the ramp test mode with the pf up and activate the switches with your finger. See which one is 56.
Loosen the 2 screws (1/2 turn should do) holding the switch and rotate the black switch housing to make the switch slightly more sensitive. It doesn't move much. Maybe 1mm. But that's all you need. Once in position re-tighten the screws.
Based on that pic if it's one of the 2 top switches you will rotate the housing clockwise. If it's the bottom one you will rotate counter-clockwise.

Thanks, it's the bottom one, I have to figure out how to access those screws, the cables and other coil are in the way.

#12180 2 years ago

got it - was able to get the screwdriver in there and find they were slightly adjustable. It actually took adjusting the one that registered as switch 55 to fix it, oddly. thanks for your help chubtoad13 and @mrmikeman!

#12181 2 years ago

Just joined the club! Curious if anyone knows where I might be able to find replacement target decals?

20220306_115016 (resized).jpg20220306_115016 (resized).jpg
#12182 2 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:

Just joined the club! Curious if anyone knows where I might be able to find replacement target decals?
[quoted image]

$46.34 plus $20 shipping is what I paid through my distro.

20210715_215939 (resized).jpg20210715_215939 (resized).jpg
#12183 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

$46.34 plus $20 shipping is what I paid through my distro.
[quoted image]

Oh nice! I'll have to see if I can find a distro to get them from

#12185 2 years ago

Bought some used mods for Star Wars and installed them today. Magnetic, lighted, hinge covers and the lighted apron instructions cards.

Posting if someone was curious how they looked.

IMG_7567 (resized).JPGIMG_7567 (resized).JPGIMG_7566 (resized).jpgIMG_7566 (resized).jpgIMG_7565 (resized).JPGIMG_7565 (resized).JPGIMG_7568 (resized).JPGIMG_7568 (resized).JPG
#12186 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Bought some used mods for Star Wars and installed them today. Magnetic, lighted, hinge covers and the lighted apron instructions cards.
Posting if someone was curious how they looked.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your "wallpaper" is glorious!

#12187 2 years ago

Hi all
as I am often asked, if you have the V10 code installed on your pin and the lightsaber works, you can install the latest version with insider.

#12188 2 years ago

Was going through boxes of parts and stuff and found this Vader tie fighter. Rather than tossing it back into a box, I figured I’d add an led inside and mount it in the empty right corner and it also hides the ramp switch.

Of course it’s not to scale with the Death Star, but whatever. It sure is fun having the ball shoot underneath it on the right ramp.

I also added a white led strip above the rear playfield to better illuminate the back plastic panel depicting the space battle.

183C1D2B-F84E-4BDE-BF6C-F87A2B00F6CA (resized).jpeg183C1D2B-F84E-4BDE-BF6C-F87A2B00F6CA (resized).jpeg85019DF5-2A3B-47F0-B42B-43697BE3394D (resized).jpeg85019DF5-2A3B-47F0-B42B-43697BE3394D (resized).jpegA23FA270-61F8-4B1E-860B-C4EB2D71ACEA (resized).jpegA23FA270-61F8-4B1E-860B-C4EB2D71ACEA (resized).jpegC8D22B64-E2FA-4259-AB69-04D02D5F15D7 (resized).jpegC8D22B64-E2FA-4259-AB69-04D02D5F15D7 (resized).jpeg
#12190 2 years ago

Continuing to use any Star Wars toys I bought at the local flea market over the years. Search through a big plastic tub of toys, most of which are sealed happy meal toys, find the occasional decent Star Wars toy that can work as a mod for a quarter or $.50.

I guess I had these leftover From the few times I owned a data east Star Wars or The Star Wars episode one Pinball.

The a-wing fighter fits nicely over the two spotlights on the left to conceal them and also break the monotony of the long straight plastic return.

The jabba the hutt on his throne fits perfectly over a portion of the shooter Lane. Fills in that space nicely.

The pro model has a lot of empty space that can be filled in inexpensively just to make the play field seem a bit more full.

252F3764-93A5-4FBF-95DD-818A9D2029BB (resized).jpeg252F3764-93A5-4FBF-95DD-818A9D2029BB (resized).jpeg60A2393F-C2D7-444B-A9E6-D8CDF0A44F80 (resized).jpeg60A2393F-C2D7-444B-A9E6-D8CDF0A44F80 (resized).jpegB65C658F-8265-4B0C-83ED-55B06B7F3C52 (resized).jpegB65C658F-8265-4B0C-83ED-55B06B7F3C52 (resized).jpegCC02E6A5-5842-4B85-B920-8CD84B43F9B6 (resized).jpegCC02E6A5-5842-4B85-B920-8CD84B43F9B6 (resized).jpegD1928E95-620E-4946-88CC-C3652678ED3B (resized).jpegD1928E95-620E-4946-88CC-C3652678ED3B (resized).jpeg

#12191 2 years ago

Someone know where to buy the stickers with stormtroopers over the flipper bats?

#12192 2 years ago
Quoted from Kungen:

Someone know where to buy the stickers with stormtroopers over the flipper bats?

Not sure but Mr_Tantrum sells a lot of that sort of thing

#12193 2 years ago

Got my banner over the weekend at louisville arcade expo . Thx @tiltamusements

Looks good flanking my comic pro. That is the door into my
pinball workshop area.

20220316_172746 (resized).jpg20220316_172746 (resized).jpg
#12194 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Got my banner over the weekend at louisville arcade expo . Thx @tiltamusements
Looks good flanking my comic pro. That is the door into my
pinball workshop area.
[quoted image]

Awesome!

#12195 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Not sure but Mr_Tantrum sells a lot of that sort of thing

I only do 3D printed flipper toppers - here are my Star Wars ones: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112542

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12196 2 years ago

Last night a friend gave me an Insider Connected kit. I was plugging in network cables to my Stern games so I can easily swap the reader between games. Noticed on Star Wars Pro there isn't a free network jack in the normal spot. Didn't feel like searching for an empty jack elsewhere, probably there is, but I just bought this $8 splitter from Amazon that will work just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BDT2VXF

I'll be updating the 1.2 code with Midnight Madness and my other changes this week. I played my modified Avengers code last night connected and it worked just fine.

#12197 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Noticed on Star Wars Pro there isn't a free network jack in the normal spot. Didn't feel like searching for an empty jack elsewhere, probably there is,

There is an extra network jack on the back of the playfield LCD mini screen. I *think* that I read somewhere on Pinside (maybe in this topic) that there would be an extender from there. So, kind of the equivalent to what you did!

#12198 2 years ago

I have a Star Wars Pro translite for sale if anyone is interested. $100 shipped.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/132130

#12199 2 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

There is an extra network jack on the back of the playfield LCD mini screen. I *think* that I read somewhere on Pinside (maybe in this topic) that there would be an extender from there. So, kind of the equivalent to what you did!

I couldn't wait until today for the splitter, so I just ran a longer cable to the empty jack on the board in the backbox. Easier than feeding the wire up from the bottom to the screen up top.

#12200 2 years ago

Looks like Pinball Browser does not yet work with version 1.20

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/244?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.