IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 301.
#12101 2 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I did the same a couple of weeks ago. Got one in on a DP premium too. Wife is going to kill me haha.

Yeah I know what you mean. I need to stop after SW. At least for a year or so. I have GZ Prem and JP Prem arriving in March/April timeframe. At least I'll have 5 month break before SW Prem arrives.

This hobby is worse than drugs!

#12102 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Yeah I know what you mean. I need to stop after SW. At least for a year or so. I have GZ Prem and JP Prem arriving in March/April timeframe. At least I'll have 5 month break before SW Prem arrives.

Nice. I need to get out and play some newer games. Definitely wouldn’t mind a few more. Thinking a nice even 10 machines will be ideal. Wanted to grab these 2 while i could since i know they’ve been run for a few years now. Wish i could of got them years ago for less but I bought the 3 remakes AFMR and MBR LE’s and MMRRE. Might of been cheaper in the long run haha.

#12103 2 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Wish i could of got them years ago for less but I bought the 3 remakes AFMR and MBR LE’s and MMRRE. Might of been cheaper in the long run haha.

Wish I had those remakes! Totally missed them as I didn't even consider ever buying a pinball machine until early last year. I was offered a AFMR for around 6K when they came out and just didn't ever think I would buy machines for the house. Oh well!

#12104 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

you aint kidding bro. I am also getting a SW Prem in Was hoping August but your Sept Date seems more logical/ not sure i would have if it was the comic one though . But due to people charging more than new i may not have had a choice. This hobby has gotten (Warning bad word) Retarded

#12105 2 years ago

Good morning/afternoon,

I'm having my left white GI playing tricks on me.

Essentially: there's a short somewhere in the circuit, causing overcurrent detection. Originally the issue was random, then I found a pattern and could replicate the issue by simply triggering the left flipper. It's now persistent.

So my first thought was a short below the flipper coil mounting plate, no luck, wires are soldered cleanly, no identified issues. I tried identifying visually on the other sockets, no luck.

I did confirm using a DMM that there is indeed a short in the circuit. If I unplug CN15, the overcurrent detection is gone, which is coherent with a short on the circuit itself

So, a few questions:
- Did you ever had a case where the light bulb socket would actually create a short ? Never seen that before, but you never know
- Did you ever had a case where a LED light would actually create a short if defective ?
- Since it's now completely off, I have to manually trace the wires to identify where the left white GI would be. I would appreciate if someone would be kind enough to take a picture highlighting where they are (using test mode)

Thanks and regards

#12106 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning/afternoon,

So, a few questions:
- Did you ever had a case where the light bulb socket would actually create a short ? Never seen that before, but you never know
- Did you ever had a case where a LED light would actually create a short if defective ?
- Since it's now completely off, I have to manually trace the wires to identify where the left white GI would be. I would appreciate if someone would be kind enough to take a picture highlighting where they are (using test mode)
Thanks and regards

Yes it has happened before on many different Stern machines. Usually a blob of solder or other small metal piece has fallen in the socket. You will have to check all the sockets of that GI string. The metal piece can be very small. As in you may need a magnifying glass/bright light source to find the culprit. Or it could be an easy one to find. Remove the bulbs and check.

#12107 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yes it has happened before on many different Stern machines. Usually a blob of solder or other small metal piece has fallen in the socket. You will have to check all the sockets of that GI string. The metal piece can be very small. As in you may need a magnifying glass/bright light source to find the culprit. Or it could be an easy one to find. Remove the bulbs and check.

Thanks for the tip, did not think of that. I'll check each socket.

#12108 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning/afternoon,
Essentially: there's a short somewhere in the circuit, causing overcurrent detection. Originally the issue was random, then I found a pattern and could replicate the issue by simply triggering the left flipper. It's now persistent.
So my first thought was a short below the flipper coil mounting plate, no luck, wires are soldered cleanly, no identified issues. I tried identifying visually on the other sockets, no luck.
I did confirm using a DMM that there is indeed a short in the circuit. If I unplug CN15, the overcurrent detection is gone, which is coherent with a short on the circuit itself
So, a few questions:
Thanks and regards

I have had a LED short before. It quit working and melted.

#12109 2 years ago

Does anyone have instructions of how to install Modcouple speaker rings on my Star Wars Premium. I bought the kit from another pinside member and have been unable to find instructions. Thanks

#12110 2 years ago

Selling lighted magnetic hinge covers (purple) and glowing instruction cards.

Hinge covers $75
Instruction cards $75

$125 for both.

141EB48D-27FA-45A5-BA7C-CFFDF1CBA4C6 (resized).jpeg141EB48D-27FA-45A5-BA7C-CFFDF1CBA4C6 (resized).jpeg8DA7F00E-1AC3-4E50-98C5-5F827165E0B3 (resized).jpeg8DA7F00E-1AC3-4E50-98C5-5F827165E0B3 (resized).jpeg
#12111 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning/afternoon,
So, a few questions:
Thanks and regards

I had this exact issue with my first new in box pin which was Star Wars premium 4 years ago... Sometimes I hit that left flipper and I trigger a GI overcurrent I went so far as to removing the flipper assembly calling Pablo at tech support we chased it for months it turned out to be a strand of wire in one of the GI bulbs that was getting tossed around every time the flipper would actuate sometimes it would cause a short sometimes it wouldn't.

I would take each GI bulb out inspect it first with a magnifying glass and then give it a good blowout with some compressed air

Good luck

#12112 2 years ago

new 1.20 code posted? lol not really!

{
"code": "not_found",
"message": "File with such name does not exist.",
"status": 404
}

#12113 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

new 1.20 code posted? lol not really!
{
"code": "not_found",
"message": "File with such name does not exist.",
"status": 404
}

Yeah saw that too lol.

Curious to see if they finally completely removed the midnight madness option instead of just hiding it...

#12114 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yeah saw that too lol.
Curious to see if they finally completely removed the midnight madness option instead of just hiding it...

There's a midnight madness mode? Man I love that on my NBAFB. Gonna go look for some videos.

#12115 2 years ago

Well.....when it becomes available, we should get this:

PRO V1.20 - FEBRUARY 22, 2022
============================
**** FIXED ****
- Fixed spelling errors in the DJ Mixer.
- The left ramp post will now timeout if up for 5 minutes.
- (PREM/LE) - Lighting DEATH STAR missions will no longer start Choose your
Mission right away with the ball in play. Once lit you will shoot the
Death Star once more to Choose and the ball will be held.
*** NEW ****
- Added adjustments to change the flipper power for both flippers.
- Added an adjustment to change the sling power.
CONNECTIVITY
- Added Connectivity Ready -
- The game can have a connectivity kit installed and be connected to
STERN INSIDER CONNECTED.
- Once connected you can log in and start earning Achievements.
- To login in hold your QR code over the scanner. When you see you are
- Added Achievements -
- There are 62 achievements you can now earn if you are logged in.
- Achievements will pop up after you have received them as soon as they
can. Also, they are seen at the start of end of ball bonus if you
received any that ball.
- You can see all the achievements and how they are earned in instant
info or on the web site insider.sternpinball.com
- Your name will displace PLAYER # in the main score frame.
- Adjusted High Score entry so that if you are logged-in the game will
default to your initials. You will still be able to change them.
**** TWEAKED ****
- The flippers will no longer turn off while you are selecting your mission.
**** MOVED TO SYSTEM 3.08 ****
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.84.0
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name
and green check mark with Verified Location if the machine is registered
to a pro account.
- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD
display.
- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
AD_NET_LOGIN_TIMER - "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" default 30 sec
AD_NET_PLAY_AGAIN_TIMER - "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" default 20 sec
- GAME RESTART (hold start button) behavior change:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow the
logic of the AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR adjustment.
If (AD_GAME_RESTART == YES) and (AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR ==
ADV_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR_ALL_LOGGED_IN) holding the start button on
ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many players as is
necessary to accommodate the users that are logged in. If there are not
enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number of players,
the the game will not be restarted.
- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a
screen will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will
be displayed for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter
button. This replaces the dots display previous shown at power on after
an update.
- Login changes:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
- Connectivity support for Spike 2 games.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was
added in system 2.45 and is not included for display.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.
- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when
>= 100 and by 10s when < 100

#12116 2 years ago

It’s working now

#12117 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

There's a midnight madness mode? Man I love that on my NBAFB. Gonna go look for some videos.

The official answer to that question is no there isn't. There WAS in early code but it was removed at the behest of.... who knows. Probably Disney.

The reality is that they only made the option to enable it invisible in the settings but some folks have found a way to enable it.

#12118 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The official answer to that question is no there isn't. There WAS in early code but it was removed at the behest of.... who knows. Probably Disney.
The reality is that they only made the option to enable it invisible in the settings but some folks have found a way to enable it.

Ah bummer. Thanks for clarifying. I'm waiting on September Premium and that only added to the excitement.

#12119 2 years ago

Since this code update 1.2 is completely for Insider Connected any word on if a special kit is coming? I recall Gomez saying Star Wars and another (BM66?) needed something different in the kit for Premium/LE

#12120 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

Since this code update 1.2 is completely for Insider Connected any word on if a special kit is coming? I recall Gomez saying Star Wars and another (BM66?) needed something different in the kit for Premium/LE

It needs a new apron. There's no hole for the camera in the one that came with the game.

#12121 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It needs a new apron. There's no hole for the camera in the one that came with the game.

For those of you who want insider connected without replacing your apron there's a pinsider selling a mounting kit for the coin door. It goes where the bill reader would be. Really clean.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount/page/2#post-6778638

#12122 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

So is there no use in buying the Le kit? Do we have to wait for a specific one?

#12123 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

So is there no use in buying the Le kit? Do we have to wait for a specific one?

There must be a specific kit for SW. At least early runs. I’m not sure if later runs adopted the newer apron style with the plastic inserts.

#12124 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Would those some folks be able to share that info? I’m a sucker for Midnight Madness modes.

#12125 2 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Would those some folks be able to share that info? I’m a sucker for Midnight Madness modes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-midnight-madness-multiball-restored#post-6754228

#12126 2 years ago

Nice to see the code IC code finally dropped. I'm not aware of the upgrade kit being available yet, I wonder when that will be. Might just be bad timing on my part but the few times I've looked since December I haven't found most upgrade kits in stock anywhere. I'm not even sure what bits in the kits are game-specific.

#12127 2 years ago

Cheevos are sweet!
362F3E53-917E-4138-9D44-E6C255B4D3CB (resized).jpeg362F3E53-917E-4138-9D44-E6C255B4D3CB (resized).jpeg

#12128 2 years ago

What are the achievements available?

#12129 2 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

What are the achievements available?

Log into your Stern Insider connected and look up Star Wars, it should list them.

#12130 2 years ago

I just reviewed the readme file on what's changed. Very disappointing that they only added insider connected, and corrected a few egregious spelling mistakes.

This is a game that is crying out for some bug fixes regarding audio/video priorities when missions are stacked with tie fighter or hyperspace multiball.

#12131 2 years ago

This update was a big disappointment for me. I had a long back and forth with Dwight months ago about a hyperspace multiball bug...and it wasn't addressed. Dwight is awesome and usually very attentive to his games. I hope another update follows soon with additional bug fixes and polish. Man I was so excited...then I opened the read me.

Edit...anyone else disappointed with this update? Please Dwight, give us some bug fixes at least! Xaqery

#12132 2 years ago

@crujones, I doubt we will see another SW update.

has anyone tried to see if midnight madness can still be unlocked with the new code? I'm reluctant to try it because I have a great custom v1.10. If anyone would like to know how to unlock it on v1.10, shoot me a pm. (it requires pinball browser, '10 class' 8 gig+ SD card, and a computer that can write to SD cards).

#12133 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

@crujones, I doubt we will see another SW update.
has anyone tried to see if midnight madness can still be unlocked with the new code? I'm reluctant to try it because I have a great custom v1.10. If anyone would like to know how to unlock it on v1.10, shoot me a pm. (it requires pinball browser, '10 class' 8 gig+ SD card, and a computer that can write to SD cards).

I dunno...Munsters had a couple updates recently. If Munsters can get some love certainly Star Wars can!

#12134 2 years ago

The sling power setting is a great addition. Default is 32 and I set it to 42 to try it out. While it might make the bottom slings more dangerous, the top sling finally gets a good workout. Every time I got the ball into the top lanes that sling went at it like I've never seen before. I matched more Empire symbol lights in 3 test games than I have on my previous 10. I'll probably dial it down a bit to find the sweet spot.

The ultimate would be if each sling had its own power setting that way you could ramp up the top sling for some crazy top lane action without making your life more difficult below.

#12135 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

The sling power setting is a great addition. Default is 32 and I set it to 42 to try it out. While it might make the bottom slings more dangerous, the top sling finally gets a good workout. Every time I got the ball into the top lanes that sling went at it like I've never seen before. I matched more Empire symbol lights in 3 test games than I have on my previous 10. I'll probably dial it down a bit to find the sweet spot.
The ultimate would be if each sling had its own power setting that way you could ramp up the top sling for some crazy top lane action without making your life more difficult below.

The key to that upper slingshot is adjusting the leaf switches so they are the perfect sensitivity. When my game shipped from the factory, I was getting barely any action up there. I then adjusted it and made it too sensitive and it kept machine gunning. Now it's prefect.

#12136 2 years ago

My temporary solution to hook up insider connected in my Star Wars premium. Any word from stern on a permanent solution for premium owners? I was going to remove the premium apron and install the pro, but it’s not really a direct replacement.

2F8F7E2D-DF00-43CA-AF8E-A53D9231E2F7 (resized).jpeg2F8F7E2D-DF00-43CA-AF8E-A53D9231E2F7 (resized).jpeg
#12137 2 years ago

My dream would be the option for a ball save option on the horse shoe. No matter how much I adjust the guides, the ball can go screaming down the middle depending on the speed it enters... and that shot is used so often in modes. Very frustrating when it happens.

Rock and Morty has one and it makes it so much more fun.

#12138 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

My dream would be the option for a ball save option on the horse shoe. No matter how much I adjust the guides, the ball can go screaming down the middle depending on the speed it enters... and that shot is used so often in modes. Very frustrating when it happens.

I agree that you shouldn't be penalized for making the shot. I've found that the safest way to shoot the horseshoe is to backhand it (shoot the left entrance with the left flipper and the right entrance with the right flipper). I almost never get any SDTM drains this way. Plus, the ball comes back to the flippers much more slowly so it's easier to regain control.

As far as a ball save goes, I'd really like to see one on the premium/LE when the ball is released from the Death Star. On my game, the ball will frequently go SDTM. A two or three second ball save would completely solve the problem.

#12139 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

My temporary solution to hook up insider connected in my Star Wars premium. Any word from stern on a permanent solution for premium owners? I was going to remove the premium apron and install the pro, but it’s not really a direct replacement.
[quoted image]

There is supposed to be a complete Premium arch coming for Star Wars. Would have been nice to see some with the code update.

#12140 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Which port did you connect the IC unit to?

#12141 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmonkey:

Which port did you connect the IC unit to?

I put it in the open port in the main board in backbox.

#12142 2 years ago

Where are people buying IC upgrade kits? They show preorder or out of stock everywhere I've looked and SW appears too soon to be on lists. I have a pro so expect there's nothing game-specific about the upgrade kit but details about these seem hard to find.

#12143 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Where are people buying IC upgrade kits? They show preorder or out of stock everywhere I've looked and SW appears too soon to be on lists. I have a pro so expect there's nothing game-specific about the upgrade kit but details about these seem hard to find.

ZMeny

www.flipnoutpinball.com

#12144 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

ZMeny
www.flipnoutpinball.com

Thanks, I'll ask again then. He didn't have any when I asked and they still show preorder on his shop site.

#12145 2 years ago

Got the new code downloaded. Can't unpack on my mac. Any input?

Added over 2 years ago:

My bad. Turns out it was unpacked. What I thought was .rar files was the actual files... I think. I don't do wondowy-things =)

#12146 2 years ago

Back in the club with about 400 plays. SW premium- Getting these errors, where should I look for these?

3B3FD6B6-F4CF-44E7-B255-05E54B3192DB (resized).jpeg3B3FD6B6-F4CF-44E7-B255-05E54B3192DB (resized).jpeg638B340C-4BB7-4726-80A7-E95D680F7A0C (resized).jpeg638B340C-4BB7-4726-80A7-E95D680F7A0C (resized).jpegCC0F248C-192C-4595-B64E-E4BA9C649BCE (resized).jpegCC0F248C-192C-4595-B64E-E4BA9C649BCE (resized).jpeg
#12147 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Back in the club with about 400 plays. SW premium- Getting these errors, where should I look for these?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

In the back of the playfield. The accelerator is what launches the ball around the hyper loop. Since all 4 Optos need service the optio board may just be disconnected.

#12148 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

In the back of the playfield. The accelerator is what launches the ball around the hyper loop. Since all 4 Optos need service the optio board may just be disconnected.

Thanks i'll have a look there. Also emailed Stern support to see what they say.

#12149 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

As a follow up I ended up reseating connectors etc. Errors are gone. I have a newer build-September 2021, has the new playfield design where you just have to slide it back slowly with no catch. There's even a sticker on the playfield apron that says so. Weird because I have a DP that was built around the same time and it does not have the new playfield slide.

#12150 2 years ago

I was hoping I could add to this thread requesting some help. I did try searching the list, but my lack of pinball knowledge made it tough for me to identify a proper solution.

I just got the Star Wars (Pro) in December, and the inner loop fork is not firing in time to catch the ball.

The images attached should show the ball entering from the right side of the inner loop, passing over the forks, and then in second image, the forks have raised, missing the ball.

Initially I discovered that the screw for one side of the fork was loose, and this it was uneven, but even after fixing that, it still raises too slowly to catch the ball.

Any thoughts on next steps I can try to fix this?

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 2.50.27 PM copy (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-02-25 at 2.50.27 PM copy (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-02-25 at 2.50.41 PM copy (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-02-25 at 2.50.41 PM copy (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/243 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.