IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 301.
#12051 2 years ago

Premium all day long, forget about pro!!
I play this game for 3 years every week-end, premium all the way!!

#12052 2 years ago

Could I ask a favor from a fellow Star Wars premium/LE owner? Would someone be able to send me some photos of their playfield from behind the LCD screen. I removed the LCD screen to add plastic protectors. I took photos but didn’t get the right angles. There is a metal plate and plastics with spacers that I cant figure out. Any help would great be appreciated. Thanks in advance. —Ron My email address is : [email protected]

#12053 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Could I ask a favor

Bend asked and responded to a few pages back.

Added over 2 years ago:

Been asked. I hate auto correct.

#12054 2 years ago

I don’t see a Pinsider by the name Bend or a post regarding this.

#12055 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the solution is to found why the ball get stucked !
is this happening when ball must do the full orbit ?

The ball gets stuck in the right orbit gate by either coming all the way from the left obit or either a bumper knocks it into the position in the picture I posted.

I would like to request anyone to post a pic of what the gate should actually look like. Not sure what adjustment I need to make.

Thanks again.

#12056 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Any word on how the insider connected kits will be installed on a premium? Will they send a new apron?

Yep the kit includes the apron with the reader in it.

#12057 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Could I ask a favor from a fellow Star Wars premium/LE owner? Would someone be able to send me some photos of their playfield from behind the LCD screen. I removed the LCD screen to add plastic protectors. I took photos but didn’t get the right angles. There is a metal plate and plastics with spacers that I cant figure out. Any help would great be appreciated. Thanks in advance. —Ron My email address is : [email protected]

20220206_123402 (resized).jpg20220206_123402 (resized).jpg20220206_123407 (resized).jpg20220206_123407 (resized).jpg20220206_123413 (resized).jpg20220206_123413 (resized).jpg20220206_123428 (resized).jpg20220206_123428 (resized).jpg20220206_123433 (resized).jpg20220206_123433 (resized).jpg20220206_123444 (resized).jpg20220206_123444 (resized).jpg
#12058 2 years ago

At pacific pinball museum!
Finally found a pro.
Will give update later…..

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12059 2 years ago

I'm making progress on this game, which is by far the hardest of my collection.

The one thing I'm having a hard time with, as many, is the death star ramp (Premium). Has anyone been able to identify a reliable procedure to tune their machine so that it's achievable through a backhand flip from the left flipper? I can hit it, but I get rejects pretty much all the time, not enough force to climb the ramp. I know it's been asked and discussed on multiple occasions, but could not find a firm answer on this, besides playing with pitch and coil power. So asking again, you never know if I missed a post somewhere

Regards

#12060 2 years ago

Ashram56 use aftermarket coil stops, superbands on the flippers, and keep it waxed. I can backhand no problem now. some people have had to adjust the ramp at the deathstar, but I havn't had to.

#12061 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Ashram56 use aftermarket coil stops, superbands on the flippers, and keep it waxed. I can backhand no problem now.

Thanks for the tip. Any link for the after market coil stops? There does not seem to be indication of which one are Stern made, and which one are more robust aftermarket versions

I'm in Europe, so hopefully I can find parts from EU resellers

Note that I have a playfield protector, could this have an impact?

#12062 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I'm making progress on this game, which is by far the hardest of my collection.
The one thing I'm having a hard time with, as many, is the death star ramp (Premium). Has anyone been able to identify a reliable procedure to tune their machine so that it's achievable through a backhand flip from the left flipper? I can hit it, but I get rejects pretty much all the time, not enough force to climb the ramp. I know it's been asked and discussed on multiple occasions, but could not find a firm answer on this, besides playing with pitch and coil power. So asking again, you never know if I missed a post somewhere
Regards

I also couldn't backhand the fork ramp. It was driving me nuts when I could see others do it with easy on their games. For me is was all about the side to side level. I used my digital level to get the game side to side level as possible. After that I turned the rear leg levelers one turn higher / lower a leg at a time and then, like magic, is was makeable. It is trial and error my friend. SW is a tough one to get dialed in.

#12063 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips Crispy and Mad_Dog_Coin_Op ! A bit frustrating but this helps a lot.
Maybe i have to remove the playfield protector as well, the owner before me put it on the playfield. And wax it after that but its still tight to backhand it

Is it possible to measure the rear levellers on the Floor Crispy77 ? or does it depend on the machine.. oh well first world problems.

Thanks

#12064 2 years ago

does anyone know, when the machine comes from factory does it have a protecting gasket over these spinner bolt heads? see picture in my earlier post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/226#post-6423778

if so, does anyone replace it when it wears out?

#12065 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

does anyone know, when the machine comes from factory does it have a protecting gasket over these spinner bolt heads? see picture in my earlier post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/226#post-6423778
if so, does anyone replace it when it wears out?

There's nothing to replace. Nothing is missing. It most likely was leftover protective film (on the metal part) that they forgot to remove before putting the screws in during assembly. So when they peeled it off it ripped around the screw heads.

#12066 2 years ago

Not sure how to tackle the errors from these reports. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6955AF11-97A9-40CB-B59B-99977B30CEF5 (resized).jpeg6955AF11-97A9-40CB-B59B-99977B30CEF5 (resized).jpeg98FFD64A-4B52-4833-A48D-4FBDBA0AF733 (resized).jpeg98FFD64A-4B52-4833-A48D-4FBDBA0AF733 (resized).jpeg
#12067 2 years ago
Quoted from Citizen69:

Not sure how to tackle the errors from these reports. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t own this particular game but I have had something similar in another stern title. The cause as I recall was the switch hadn’t been hit in x amount of games so the switch gets flagged to be checked.

#12068 2 years ago
Quoted from Citizen69:

[quoted image][quoted image]

So run a switch test and activate it manually. If it works, then it most likely just hadn’t been hit in a bunch of games so the machine flags it as a possible non working switch

#12069 2 years ago

Oh my, reached hyperloop multiball, managed to send a second ball in the loop

Reaching this point is exhilarating. Stressful. Successful shot and you add one ball in the loop, all of them zipping around the ramp , beckoning you 'I dare you to add one' (ok, I'm getting over enthusiastic here)

Seriously, I understand some like the Pro better, but if you haven't seen hyperloop multiball... You're really missing something

#12070 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Oh my, reached hyperloop multiball, managed to send a second ball in the loop
Reaching this point is exhilarating. Stressful. Successful shot and you add one ball in the loop, all of them zipping around the ramp , beckoning you 'I dare you to add one' (ok, I'm getting over enthusiastic here)
Seriously, I understand some like the Pro better, but if you haven't seen hyperloop multiball... You're really missing something

Great Job!

the best I have had was 3 as the same time, and the 4th just missed. It gets loud and really fast, adds some adrenaline to the system

#12071 2 years ago

So is this what I copy to the SD card? Or do I need to do something else?

20220208_000533 (resized).jpg20220208_000533 (resized).jpg
#12072 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So is this what I copy to the SD card? Or do I need to do something else?
[quoted image]

You need to flash your SD card with the image.

I have had success with https://www.balena.io/etcher/?

Others use windisk32
https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

You can use either. It's easy. Good luck.

#12073 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

You need to flash your SD card with the image.
I have had success with https://www.balena.io/etcher/?
Others use windisk32
https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
You can use either. It's easy. Good luck.

Is what I am pointing to the image that gets flashed to the SD card? Sorry, I am not good with this kind of stuff.

#12074 2 years ago

Is what I am pointing to the image that gets flashed to the SD card? Sorry, I am not good with this kind of stuff.

It's covered not only on Pinside in so many threads, it's also on Stern's support site.

There is no copying whatsoever going on here. Don't open the file and don't mess with it.

You need to get a program called Win32 disk imager. You install that. start it. You will then have to tell it where the file you need to transfer to the SD card is (SOURCE FILE). It's the 7-8Gb file you are pointing at. You then have to tell the program where your SD card is (DESTINATION).

Click go or whatever the button is to make it go. It takes 5-10 mins.

Once complete, DO NOT mess with the SD Card. You cannot open it to see the content it doesn't work on a Windows computer. Just take the card and put it in the machine. That's it.

#12075 2 years ago

If you can't get it, I can walk you through it. PM me.

#12076 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

So run a switch test and activate it manually. If it works, then it most likely just hadn’t been hit in a bunch of games so the machine flags it as a possible non working switch

Thank you Enron64! Your recommendation resolved the errors.

#12077 2 years ago

Odd behaviour on my SW Premium: white left GI stops functioning during gameplay

I originally thought it was a bad connection to node board 8, or a bad transistor, but that's not the case: when I power on the pinball, left white GI does work. However if I play a game, at one point (for which I really could not determine a deterministic set of steps), it turns off, never to turn on again (including in test mode).

To note, if I leave the pinball on after power on for a while in attract mode, left white GI still works, so it's not a matter of a transistor heating up.

I could swap note board 8, but ... out of stock everywhere I looked. Plus it's really not obvious that node 8 would actually be faulty.

If anyone has a pointer, I'm interested

Regards

Edit : so I found now a reliable procedure. Triggering the left flipper coil shuts down left white GI, and it can't turn back on afterward. I can even reproduce it using the test menu, ie power on machine, enter diag mode, trigger left flipper coil, left white GI turns off

Now need to dig into the schematics

Edit 2: checked the technician alerts - node 8 overcurrent protection

Now need to find the culprit. Given that it started to appear after I installed (and removed. They were ugly) convolux on the left slingshot, I suspect a short below the flipper coil plate

#12078 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Now need to find the culprit.

Coil itself or eos?

#12079 2 years ago

I have a set of the Mod Couple Star Wars speaker rings for $90 shipped. They are currently sold out and $116+shipping on the website. PM me if you want them.

***SOLD***

#12080 2 years ago

@ashram56, here is a link to the coil stops I bought. they make the flippers so crisp and 'snappy'. huge difference!

https://pinballmedics.ca/product/stern-sega-515-6308-01-flipper/

#12081 2 years ago

Not sure if we will ever see another update with anything substantial added but finally completed escape from Boba Fett, always one short shot prior. For how cool the lighting is I thought there would be something a bit more exciting for the video content upon completion.

Anyone add anything on their own with PB?

#12082 2 years ago

Well, if Insider Connected with online updates and achievements isn't substantial, I tend to agree I don't expect anything else. Which is a shame really, I think SW is an ideal game for cooperative multiplayer and there is so much potential for collaboration gameplay. Imagine each player playing as a different character and mode stacking to destroy the deathstar and kill the emperor!

#12083 2 years ago

I have a Prem Comic Art and thinking of powder coating. Any tips on colors? Anyone can share pics of their powderr coating?

#12084 2 years ago

I have that model too. I wouldn't change the powder. With only a few hundred made I would leave it like it is. Tweaking would likely hurt the resale value. Besides, the black frames the art well.

#12085 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

I have a Prem Comic Art and thinking of powder coating. Any tips on colors? Anyone can share pics of their powderr coating?

I powder coat all my games (except for LE's) and love what it brings to the look of the pin. I have an SWLE so I can't help with suggestions other than the illusion, fractured, and vein lines of Prismatic have some stellar colors.

#12086 2 years ago

My OG premium with white powdercoat. someday I will get around to the leg bolts.

IMG_20220105_183029_mfnr (resized).jpgIMG_20220105_183029_mfnr (resized).jpg

#12087 2 years ago

My dream with Star Wars is having co op play and party modes. The party modes is fantastic when you need a quick break, or friends coming over. My son loves the party mode on Mando.
Hopefully Xaqery will have time I the future.

#12088 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I have that model too. I wouldn't change the powder. With only a few hundred made I would leave it like it is. Tweaking would likely hurt the resale value. Besides, the black frames the art well.

Curious - how do you know that only a few hundred made? I searched online but there is no info available on production... also - it is still still technically in poduction. so not limited number really.. right?

#12089 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Curious - how do you know that only a few hundred made? I searched online but there is no info available on production... also - it is still still technically in poduction. so not limited number really.. right?

Comic art is supposedly sunset. Only regular are apparently scheduled for the next year plus.

#12090 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Yes - it has been retired. The actual number thing is easy to figure out thanks to Pinside. Take a recent Stern title that you know the production numbers on (because they are numbered - thanks Stern). In this case I took Elvira LE / SE since they came out about the same time as the Comic version of SW. There was 450 of those total and 184 Pinsiders are bragging they have it in their collection. That accounts for just under 41% of the total machines made. Now apply that percentage to the number of Comic SW Premium owners (which is only 81). Run the numbers and you get just over 200 (202 to be exact). The Star Wars Comic Premium is rare. One of the rarest Stern titles made.

#12091 2 years ago

Yes - it has been retired. The actual number thing is easy to figure out thanks to Pinside. Take a recent Stern title that you know the production number on (because they are numbered - thanks Stern). In this case I took Elvira LE / SE since they came out about the same time as the Comic version of SW. There was 450 of those total and 184 Pinsiders are bragging they have it in their collection. That accounts for just under 41% of the total machines made. Now apply that percentage to the number on Comic SW Premium owners (which is only 81). Run the numbers and you get just over 200 (202 to be exact). The Star Wars Comic Premium is rare. One of the rarest Stern titles made.

Good to know!!..thanks for the info!
but how do we know it has been retired? Why couldn't they produce more next year?

#12092 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

but how do we know it has been retired? Why couldn't they produce more next year?

It is widely known at this point that no more comic editions will be made for Pros and Premiums. You may still be able to get a SW Pin Comic Art.

#12093 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Stern moved the game to the retired page over 6 months ago. They aren't selling many of them these days so Stern cut the Star Wars line to just the one art package. They want to focus on hotter (newer) titles.

#12094 2 years ago

Stern moved the game to the retired page over 6 months ago. They aren't selling many of them these days so Stern cut the Star Wars line to just the one art package. They want to focus on hotter (newer) titles.

Ok. That makes sense. Although I really like the Comic Art version more than the stardard - not sure why they chose to keep producing the older one. I guess its better for us..
Also - I am probably crazy, but this is my favorite game in my lineup right now.. and I have Godzilla LE, DP and JP Prem... I also prefer this over my Mando LE - just from a gameplay point of view

#12095 2 years ago

Your not crazy preferring Star Wars to Godzilla at all. I just played the GODle And a SWpremium and prefer the SW game better. I sold my pro way back at

4800. he will make a huge profit now,and i have to pay allot more for a premium, but i like the OG art over the Comic . but hey .all opinions are just that. To

me The Comic Art is to Distorted with White and Blue hyperspace lines and plays mind tricks on me .

Especially right above the endor artwork where the Han Leiah R2D2 and luke Inserts are that look like Mr Clean Soap Bubbles above the flippers Where i am

looking at the ball more than not while playing.. Why that special Ring around the inserts ?The OG Art Inserts have no soapy Bubbles Area . What is it

supposed to be ! ? the Blue Milk from the Last Jedi Perhaps / Anyway OG Art over Comic for this SW fan

Quoted from Schaitas:

Ok. That makes sense. Although I really like the Comic Art version more than the stardard - not sure why they chose to keep producing the older one. I guess its better for us..
Also - I am probably crazy, but this is my favorite game in my lineup right now.. and I have Godzilla LE, DP and JP Prem... I also prefer this over my Mando LE - just from a gameplay point of view

#12096 2 years ago

Comic art vs original. Over and over again. Omfg

#12097 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Comic art vs original. Over and over again. Omfg

Nobody is forcing you to read the forums right? That's why the call it a forum, it's a public place for discussion --- if people want to talk about Comic vs. Original then they can talk about it. I don't know about you, but I tend to skim/skip over the things I'm not interested and read the ones I'm interested in. It sure beats trying to control what everyone talks about.

#12098 2 years ago

Just put a deposit on a Premium today. Come September I'll be in the club!

#12099 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Good choice

#12100 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I did the same a couple of weeks ago. Got one in on a DP premium too. Wife is going to kill me haha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/242?hl=f-2niro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.