SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 302.
#12002 2 years ago

Anyone ever do a straight up stock 1.10 just adding midnight madness (no additions or changes to music or videos) yet for Pro?

#12003 2 years ago

I started the game just to play before football started. Probably 20 minutes later I had my best game yet. 7.3 billion

Quite an addictive game. It’s really a game, in my opinion, you need to own for a while to not only understand the rules but just get good at the shots and making them and keeping the ball under control because it is a brutal game.

26555CC7-BE26-4112-915C-8076D90CEF0B (resized).jpeg26555CC7-BE26-4112-915C-8076D90CEF0B (resized).jpegA3E0E6DE-E98B-4414-B872-A0CA64F7D278 (resized).jpegA3E0E6DE-E98B-4414-B872-A0CA64F7D278 (resized).jpegAAC0DE33-95B0-4B4D-9CE1-BE121D827CE8 (resized).jpegAAC0DE33-95B0-4B4D-9CE1-BE121D827CE8 (resized).jpegF21F6075-BEBC-4D72-A264-F61DF9CB4B0E (resized).jpegF21F6075-BEBC-4D72-A264-F61DF9CB4B0E (resized).jpeg
#12004 2 years ago

Hi everyone! New member of the club here (Pro model). I love this game: Theme, assets, layout, code…just amazing. One question-where should a left orbit shot land when exiting the right orbit? Left or right flipper? Mine is going SDTM lol
Everything else is dialed in and it’s SO frustrating when I drain on that shot. Love the forum and thanks in advance for any help!!!

#12005 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I started the game just to play before football started. Probably 20 minutes later I had my best game yet. 7.3 billion
Quite an addictive game. It’s really a game, in my opinion, you need to own for a while to not only understand the rules but just get good at the shots and making them and keeping the ball under control because it is a brutal game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please buy one so you have time to do a Christmas Episode videos in the code!!!

#12006 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Hi everyone! New member of the club here (Pro model). I love this game: Theme, assets, layout, code…just amazing. One question-where should a left orbit shot land when exiting the right orbit? Left or right flipper? Mine is going SDTM lol
Everything else is dialed in and it’s SO frustrating when I drain on that shot. Love the forum and thanks in advance for any help!!!

Rub your finger along the end of the metal guide on the exit for the right orbit. You will feel a little metal burr. It is caused by the balls smashing into the guide. Take a metal file and slowly/carefully file the burr off. Do a couple passes and check. Repeat until smooth.

#12007 2 years ago

Giving some thoughts to upgrading from the pro to a premium on the run later this year. Thoughts on if this is worth it as I’m still back and forth on it.

#12008 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Giving some thoughts to upgrading from the pro to a premium on the run later this year. Thoughts on if this is worth it as I’m still back and forth on it.

Here is how I feel about Pro vs Premium in general. I buy Pro because of the massive savings. SW and Mando. I don't play location pinball (none around me). None of my close friends/family have pinball machines. So for me, my Pros may as well be the only versions of the games because I won't ever have a chance to play the Premium models. Ignorance may be bliss in this situation. The Hyperloop looks cool sure. You know what's not cool? The many posts I have read about problems people have with the Hyperloop. Pros have less moving parts, less mechs, less problems. People will say fixing and adjusting shit is part of pinball. It is to a certain extent. You know what I like doing more that adjusting and fixing shit? Playing pinball. I could buy Premiums if I wanted. I'd rather save a couple thousand and save myself some potential headaches down the road.

#12009 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

SW was the first premium I bought. There are games where the price difference between pro and premium aren't worth it to me, JP being an example that I've owned. Star Wars, however, is a different game between models. I intended to buy a NIB SW Pro as my first Stern. When I went to play it, I loved the theme, but didn't enjoy the gameplay. That is how I ended up with JP.

A year and a half later, I finally got to play a SW Premium, and fell in love. An actual pinball jump to "jump to hyperspace?!" Seeing the ball accelerate around the loop is still exhilarating a year after setting up the game. I have a 5 pin collection: when guests come to play, I always ask what their favorite game is. Everyone has a difficult time deciding between MM and SW, but those are the two always mentioned. These typically aren't pinball people with preconceived notions of what is cool, picking two dramatically different games.

As far as anecdotal problems with the Hyperloop, I haven't had them, save for one issue: I reversed a location of a bushing after changing to Titans, and it didn't operate smoothly. After I fixed MY mistake, it has worked flawlessly, just as it did from the factory.

Find one to play in person, and decide for yourself. It would seem to be a good time to sell your PRO, and at the very least, get what you paid for it.

#12010 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

I was able to play a Premium and then had a couple days with an LE before I chose to buy my Pro. I had a spot on the run scheduled last year that got bumped to late this year and possibly 2023 or never (I haven't heard an answer to when the license expires.) My take was that the hyperloop is one of the coolest toys in pinball and I totally get why lots of people go Premium. However, my own experience was that as cool as it is it didn't really enhance gameplay and on the examples I played it actually frustrated me to a point I wished I was playing a Pro. I think most of this is subjective and my main objective factor was a high rejection rate for the death star shot having the fork ramp. I hear that with careful adjustments and tweaking that isn't an issue but overall the Pro just shoots cleaner to me and the hyperloop is essentially a ball lock. One of the most innovative and cool ball locks ever, but as far as I can tell doesn't really change the game and adds a lot of wireform that is otherwise unused. I think I'm in the minority for not particularly liking wireform, and I'm not a fan of it arcing over the center in front of the flippers especially when it's in use for only brief periods. Tastes differ and I get why a lot of people prefer to have it, but it's just not for me.

The other major difference is the "exploding" death star. It's a bit like the MM castle, cracking open and shaking instead of just the green weapon LED show on the Pro. I'm on the fence on this one, I wish the Pro had a version of it but at the same time I don't love the clamshell effect. I also think of of the downsides of the hyperloop is cutting a barn door in the death star for the track, which isn't to my taste aesthetically.

In the end, I tell myself it really is about the feel of the shots and my Pro plays so clean compared to both the non-Pro's I've played and for me that honestly is the main reason I chose the pro. I could live with the hyperloop maybe even come to prefer it if I could set up my example to play as cleanly. Whether it's worth the cost difference is entirely subjective I think. Since you have a Pro I expect it comes down to if you feel you are missing out in some way or just need a change. Upgrading will get you a different experience for the same game, I suspect if that's what you are after then the decision makes itself!

#12012 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Rub your finger along the end of the metal guide on the exit for the right orbit. You will feel a little metal burr. It is caused by the balls smashing into the guide. Take a metal file and slowly/carefully file the burr off. Do a couple passes and check. Repeat until smooth.

I’ll do that this evening. Thank you! So, just to be clear, it sounds like it should exit to the right flipper?

#12013 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I’ll do that this evening. Thank you! So, just to be clear, it sounds like it should exit to the right flipper?

Yes.

#12014 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Normally I would say do it. The premium is a better and harder game. In your case you would be trading a comic pro for a regular issue premium. That being said, I think you would be making a mistake letting go of that comic pro. It is a rare bird and highly desirable.

#12015 2 years ago

Star Wars is the "old man" of my Spike 2 pins. I get newer games and I forget about SW for a while, but then I'll play and remember how awesome this game is. My current lineup:

Iron Man (Original) - Can't sell this as my daughter LOVES this game.
Jurassic Park Pro - Cannot get into this game
Star Wars Pro - Not going anywhere
Stranger Things Pro - Not going anywhere
Turtles Pro - Not going anywhere
Mandalorian Premium - Teetering on whether this is a long term keeper.

Based on my love for this game, I am going to go after a Led Zeppelin Premium. It has a similar feel to me with the long flowing shots.

I had bought a Jurassic Park Pro earlier last year and I just cannot get into that game. So I think it gets sold for the LZ.

#12016 2 years ago

Great line up, I love Ironman as well..
What do you think of Mandalorian prem ? Is it not as special as SW..? Would it be good next to my SW prem.

Im on the fence of trading it for my Godzilla prem. I got star wars prem and Godzilla prem at the same time and my focus is in SW. Its just awesome.
Good luck with the led zep !

#12017 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

What do you think of Mandalorian prem ? Is it not as special as SW..? Would it be good next to my SW prem.
Im on the fence of trading it for my Godzilla prem. I got star wars prem and Godzilla prem at the same time and my focus is in SW. Its just awesome.

I love Mando Premium next to my Star Wars. I think it's a more challenging machine with great art, better sound, and great missions to complete. All that's missing is a Hyperspace Loop. Mando is a keeper.

#12018 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

I am a big Eddy fan (love AFM, MM and Stranger Things), but so far, Mando is ok for me. The shots are much shorter than SW. I can see me selling it someday whereas, I would not consider parting with SW. For me, Mando is much more difficult than SW. If a game is too tough/complicated, I lose interest.
That is what is happening with JP Pro for me. I love the shots, but the rules make it too difficult for me to enjoy. It is the rules not the shots. I can hit most every shot on JP without much trouble. For example, TMNT Pro...the lair is tough and that right ramp !#$@ing sucks, but the rules are simple enough that I have a chance to finish the episodes. (gotten to 7 of 8 episodes a couple of times).

#12019 2 years ago

I had a Mando LE for a bit, but the gameplay was not my style. I modded Grogu so he moved and then sold it.

#12020 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

and that right ramp !#$@ing sucks

Try a backhand from a right trap. Easy Peazy. Unless you’re talking the upper right.

#12021 2 years ago

Does Mando have a similar feel code wise to SW minus the multiplier?

#12022 2 years ago

Hi all, have an opportunity to trade my mando premium for a Star Wars premium. I haven’t played a Sw premium but have played a pro and enjoyed it. I have LZ premium as well and absolutely love it. I like Steve ritchies designs as they flow well and have speed. To those of you who have played both mando and Star Wars premiums what are your thoughts on both games?

#12023 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Hi all, have an opportunity to trade my mando premium for a Star Wars premium. I haven’t played a Sw premium but have played a pro and enjoyed it. I have LZ premium as well and absolutely love it. I like Steve ritchies designs as they flow well and have speed. To those of you who have played both mando and Star Wars premiums what are your thoughts on both games?

If it’s a comic prem I’d trade

#12024 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

If it’s a comic prem I’d trade

Its just a normal premium not the comic.

#12025 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I have both premiums. I love SW. the rule set is deep and it continues to keep my interest for 2 years. The hyperloop is worth the upgrade. Watching balls wiz around the hyperspace loop is awesome and more gratifying than the Mando scoop shot. Mando is great and I am still getting better at the game. If I had to choose, I would keep my SW premium over Mando.

#12026 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I have both games as Pros. Love them both but if I have to choose, I choose SW.

#12027 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:Its just a normal premium not the comic.

That’s fine but I think due current market cash going your way on this deal.

#12028 2 years ago

I am gravitating to my SW much more than GODZ, fomo got the best of me and traded my Mando spot for godzilla. I want to like it and will give it some time…
Never looked at SW because of the bad reviews. But upgraded from pro to prem, i love it that much. AIQ with the gem placement was to complicated for me.
So it learned me to find out what I like and theme, the sounds of SW is a big thing and maybe i am not the Elwin fan I would hoped to be.
Maybe its the rules as dinot was saying and that Mando is harder, thats new to me.
SW for me is the same feeling I had with lotr and thats a long time ago.

I will stop with the fomo though lol.
Happy flippin everyone, great to be in the club

#12029 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

That’s fine but I think due current market cash going your way on this deal.

How much cash my way do you figure?

#12030 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

How much cash my way do you figure?

Compare mando pricing and sw comic prem price I say the difference . But it’s all negotiable .

#12031 2 years ago

Why is there an unused switch? (#49)
Mine is engaged allt the time. Have not noticed until today. Thank you very much quranteen…

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12032 2 years ago

Switch 49 is labeled "10 Pt." in the manual. I've seen that label in a lot of pin manuals and as far as I know it is now sort of a generic term for a simple "points add" switch of some small amount. Next time I take off my glass I'll try to remember to tap mine a few times to see how many points it adds. If yours is always engaged, maybe try adjusting so it's working properly so it can register hits?

#12033 2 years ago

ok, It literally is 10 points per hit, so the label "10 pt." isn't lying!

#12034 2 years ago

Any word on how the insider connected kits will be installed on a premium? Will they send a new apron?

#12035 2 years ago

I apologize if I sound juvenile, but I’m looking for honest feedback. I’m trying to decide on my second game. Currently restoring Paragon, which I had 35 years ago.
I’ve been playing lots locally to see options.
I can’t stop playing Star Wars premium. Literally, an hour twice a week. Everyone says ‘you’ll know when you’ve found the right game’.
I considered another SS game, but there’s something nice about new and more dependable.
Am I foolish to get the Pro model, instead of Premium? I love…. LOVE… the hyper loop, but I’m not sure it’s worth $2,000, and I really don’t like the cage over the flippers.
What other difference, outside of plastic runners instead of cage, will I be losing with the Pro model?
Thanks for any advice!

#12036 2 years ago
Quoted from MyParagon1979:

What other difference, outside of plastic runners instead of cage, will I be losing with the Pro model?
Thanks for any advice!

nothing more

#12037 2 years ago

I apologize if I sound juvenile, but I’m looking for honest feedback. I’m trying to decide on my second game. Currently restoring Paragon, which I had 35 years ago.
I’ve been playing lots locally to see options.
I can’t stop playing Star Wars premium. Literally, an hour twice a week. Everyone says ‘you’ll know when you’ve found the right game’.
I considered another SS game, but there’s something nice about new and more dependable.
Am I foolish to get the Pro model, instead of Premium? I love…. LOVE… the hyper loop, but I’m not sure it’s worth $2,000, and I really don’t like the cage over the flippers.
Thanks for any advice!

Pro vs Premium is definitely a personal choice. Hyperloop is the big one, but there is also the "exploding" Death Star (pro is just a static model), the ball save gate (pro just loads a new ball for ball save), and the Millennium Falcon model (none on the pro, but there are a few mod options). I love the pro. The hyperloop is ok, but not something I feel much need for. The other stuff is a non-factor for me. That said, many people say the hyperloop makes the game for them, and I can respect that. You mentioned that you really love the hyper loop (in all caps even! ), so my guess would be that you would miss it if you didn't have it. The pro is a smoother shooter, never having to deal with rejects from the Death Star shot, and never hitting the back of the fork ramp from the Hoth shot. Just smooth and super fast loops.

I'd say there is nothing wrong with the pro, and many of us prefer it, but since you specifically mentioned how much you love the hyperloop, the upgrade might be worth it for you in the long run. Nothing worse than feeling like you settled for something other than what you really wanted with a purchase as big as this.

#12038 2 years ago

Actually, it’s the game that I love.
It’s fast and super fun.
Agree, the Death Star ramp is super frustrating.
I guess I can play for the hyper loop at my local arcade? Not sure I need it at home. It’s for my family (with kids) and the simpler Pro will likely provide more enjoyment.
How long is the wait to get a new Pro?
Also, I’m assuming I don’t want the home edition?

#12039 2 years ago

Actually, it’s the game that I love.
It’s fast and super fun.
Agree, the Death Star ramp is super frustrating.
I guess I can play for the hyper loop at my local arcade? Not sure I need it at home. It’s for my family (with kids) and the simpler Pro will likely provide more enjoyment.
How long is the wait to get a new Pro?
Also, I’m assuming I don’t want the home edition?

I have a few collector friends that owned or played SW Pro and did not like it. Simple does not equate more fun.

They came over to my place with the idea they'd hate it as much as the Pro and played the Prem and BOTH of them said that the hyperloop changes the game into a winner. Personally I have no idea never played the Pro just bought a Prem. One of those collectors is actually doing a temp trade with me for my SW to see if the initial impression he and his wife got was as good as they think. If yes then they will buy one (but definitely not a Pro).

#12040 2 years ago

The pro without a doubt is an easier game. The fork ramp really adds a degree of difficulty. Pro sounds like a good choice for the family. If it was just you playing I would say go priemium.

#12041 2 years ago

But the Premium is so cool. Sorry, I had to do it.

20220204_122728 (resized).jpg20220204_122728 (resized).jpg
#12042 2 years ago

I appreciate all the feedback.
If it was for me…. 100% premium all the way!
But for my 10 yo and 13 yo kids, and wife, I’m thinking the Pro may be a good option for a solid 10 years, then decide about alternatives.
Seems that resale is good, so shouldn’t be wasted money.
What’s the lead time from ordering to delivery?

#12043 2 years ago

I totally respect peoples preferences, but I will always have a hard time figuring out how the hyperloop can change someones opinion significantly on the entire game. How you can go from hating it to loving it based on one gimmick just doesn't make sense to me. It's literally just a track that the ball zooms around. Really no different than the supercharger on Getaway. You do not interact with it in any way other than loading it when lit. Yes, it's a cool gimmick, but I do not understand how it is a game changer. The only way it actually CHANGES the game is for the worse by taking a super smooth shot and making it more difficult and more likely to reject. The only way it makes sense to me for someone to go from hating a pro to loving a premium on this one is if the pro was set up poorly and the premium was well tweaked and playing perfectly. SW can be very sensitive to set up and can take a good amount of tweaking to play perfect. So I could definitely see someone hating one that isn't set up well and tweaked.

Don't get me wrong...I know I'm in the minority and must be missing something. And I'm also happy for the people that love it because of the hyperloop. This is 100% just my opinion. I'm glad people have the choice so they can pick the one they prefer.

#12044 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

[quoted image]

Yeah, that is freaking beautiful. And if money was no object, this is the one I'd have, no doubt!

I don't think anyone will be able to tell you that. They aren't in production right now, so you aren't likely to find a NIB any time soon. I'm not sure if they will ever go back on for another run or if they are done. Only way will be if you find a distributor that has one in stock, and that might be tough at this point. That said, it shouldn't be terribly hard to find a gently used HUO one, though prices are high all around right now. Good luck!

#12045 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

[quoted image]

Where can you buy that translite to use as framed backlit art?

#12046 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where can you buy that translite to use as framed backlit art?

I have heard that distributors can order translites. Being such a limited run, they might not be available, but worth asking your favorite distributor about at least. I think they run about $100 or so.

#12047 2 years ago

I wouldn't be satisfied with the pro. I love blowing up the death star and ripping that hyperloop shot!! one of the most satisfying shots in pinball!! even after a year it doesn't get stale. the extra $$$ spent will only hold it's value if you ever sell down the road.

#12048 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I totally respect peoples preferences, but I will always have a hard time figuring out how the hyperloop can change someones opinion significantly on the entire game. How you can go from hating it to loving it based on one gimmick just doesn't make sense to me. It's literally just a track that the ball zooms around. Really no different than the supercharger on Getaway. You do not interact with it in any way other than loading it when lit. Yes, it's a cool gimmick, but I do not understand how it is a game changer. The only way it actually CHANGES the game is for the worse by taking a super smooth shot and making it more difficult and more likely to reject. The only way it makes sense to me for someone to go from hating a pro to loving a premium on this one is if the pro was set up poorly and the premium was well tweaked and playing perfectly. SW can be very sensitive to set up and can take a good amount of tweaking to play perfect. So I could definitely see someone hating one that isn't set up well and tweaked.
Don't get me wrong...I know I'm in the minority and must be missing something. And I'm also happy for the people that love it because of the hyperloop. This is 100% just my opinion. I'm glad people have the choice so they can pick the one they prefer.

I agree 100% with this. I can see preference for the Premium if you want/like the hyperloop. But when someone says Pro sucks and Premium is awesome...wut?!

#12049 2 years ago

I have owned both and I loved my pro and my premium both,the pro has a cool ball lock that you can smack and the premium has a hyper loop,I have never seen more people ask the which one is better pro or premium .

I upgraded my pro to premium because of the steel ramps and of corse the loop but if the pro came with steel ramps I think I would have not gone through the trouble.

#12050 2 years ago

I just put a deposit down with Game Exchange for a premium. Supposed to ship in August/September.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/241?hl=f-2niro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.