SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 302.
#11951 2 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

A little video we put together of reaching wizard mode with a few different camera angles and a talk-thru as well as a demonstration. Hope you enjoy it.

Great tutorial! I recently acquired the game for the first time, and I'm still learning the rules. I had no idea about the add-a-ball. That's such an important thing to know about, and yet it's one of the least obvious things in the whole ruleset. Who would possibly think that you have to hold the button down to activate the add-a-ball? That's different than how it is on every other Stern game. I guess they had no choice but to do it this way, though, because you are always using that button.

#11952 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Great tutorial! I recently acquired the game for the first time, and I'm still learning the rules. I had no idea about the add-a-ball. That's such an important thing to know about, and yet it's one of the least obvious things in the whole ruleset. Who would possibly think that you have to hold the button down to activate the add-a-ball? That's different than how it is on every other Stern game. I guess they had no choice but to do it this way, though, because you are always using that button.

Well shit. I didn't know SW had add-a-ball and I've been playing my Prem since May 21.

#11953 2 years ago

Add a ball is crucial! Basically gives you a do over on multiball if you time it right!

#11954 2 years ago

I wish the x multiplier was shown on the little playfield screen. So much easier to glance at that than looking up on the backbox.

#11955 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Hi I modded SW code for Premium/LE, here is the link if interested. It's a music only mod, not video.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XHk8HV6ttRf5uPRzT2DrhJnfhOirUh5Q/view?usp=sharing

I tried to do this with some electric rock guitar cover songs I found. This process is SUPER hard, I applaud your work. I'd totally install this if I didn't feel like a new update is coming any day now to support the Insider Connect and may add/fix things like they have done with some of the other games.

#11956 2 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I tried to do this with some electric rock guitar cover songs I found. This process is SUPER hard, I applaud your work. I'd totally install this if I didn't feel like a new update is coming any day now to support the Insider Connect and may add/fix things like they have done with some of the other games.

Seriously! Where is our update?!

Edit...seems Dwight has been busy. Munsters got another update tonight.

#11957 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I wish the x multiplier was shown on the little playfield screen. So much easier to glance at that than looking up on the backbox.

I think the code on this game is brilliant, but if I had one complaint, it's that the playfield LCD is way underutilized.

#11958 2 years ago

there is a great code edit for the prem/le back on post 9841

#11959 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

in fact, when you have kicked enough FORCE targets, the lockbar button turn ORANGE, you know add-a-ball is available/ready...
and than, to reply to your com, in SW, if you didnt use your AAB for the running multiball, you can keep it for another one later (but not working for all, didnt remember well, SW is not more home, works for another planet MINI WIZARD MB, but also for T-FIGHTER MB & VICTORY LAPS MB, has to be confirmed )

#11960 2 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I just flashed this to a totally different SD Card. That way I can swap back when the new update comes out. I was kinda curious how the updates work. Do they completely rewrite the media assets or just deal with the deltas? I was wondering what would happen if I updated the modified SD-Card image.

#11961 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I just flashed this to a totally different SD Card. That way I can swap back when the new update comes out. I was kinda curious how the updates work. Do they completely rewrite the media assets or just deal with the deltas? I was wondering what would happen if I updated the modified SD-Card image.

Don't do an update on a modified card: it will overwrite all of your work with complete new code. You are on the right track of keeping two cards: one with factory code that you can always keep up to date, and the other for modified code.

#11962 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

there is a great code edit for the prem/le back on post 9841

Thanks! Here's a direct link to the post in case anyone is interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/197#post-6040617

#11963 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The midnight madness intro video is still in the latest code.

This was probably removed due to the Creature Cantina theme ... they probably wanted more money to license that.

Just curious, is the video that was supposed to be displayed by the topper still in the software at all? Rumor had it that R2D2 was supposed to be able to display a video using the stuff they eventually used on Stranger Things ... I seem to recall earlier software having a setting to enable/disable "topper video" or something like that.

#11964 2 years ago

What if I told you that the latest version of my code has midnight madness working?

30 second mark
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3ytStavnbj5aGdyNA

#11965 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What if I told you that the latest version of my code has midnight madness working?
30 second mark

I'd say pls make one for the prem/LE games.

#11966 2 years ago

Of course I'm replacing that music with this:

#11967 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

30 second mark

Got to be kidding me!!!! Always wanted to play it. Can you slip in a video clip from Space Balls? HA

#11968 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

30 second mark

Dude! How?! Please post a link to the code! Please!

Edit- Is this a modified 1.10? Amazing either way!

#11969 2 years ago

What’s funny is, I had made some changes to the 1.10 code and forgot I made the changes. Late this afternoon I was playing a few games and trying some strategies based on the earlier of 15 billion point video up above.

Suddenly the flippers die, everything dies, the screen goes dark. I’m like what the fuck? This hasn’t happened before. What did I do? (Game time was not accurate and way off and right at “midnight”)

Than the magic happened, and I was like oh yeah I forgot I did that. Awesome!

It’s going to take me some time, but I am going to make a version for all the original and comic art versions, along with the attract mode updates and balls save changes.

#11970 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What’s funny is, I had made some changes to the 1.10 code and forgot I made the changes. Late this afternoon I was playing a few games and trying some strategies based on the earlier of 15 billion point video up above.
Suddenly the flippers die, everything dies, the screen goes dark. I’m like what the fuck? This hasn’t happened before. What did I do? (Game time was not accurate and way off and right at “midnight”)
Than the magic happened, and I was like oh yeah I forgot I did that. Awesome!
It’s going to take me some time, but I am going to make a version for all the original and comic art versions, along with the attract mode updates and balls save changes.

You are a fecking legend!

#11971 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Incrdible! Altho, if it is possible, I would very much prefer the midnight madness back without the other changes. Everyone has a dffferent taste and I have my machine set up with with my own videos and music in it...
Or, if you could share how you did the changes to get MM back, I'd be glad to do that myself

#11972 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Incrdible! Altho, if it is possible, I would very much prefer the midnight madness back without the other changes. Everyone has a dffferent taste and I have my machine set up with with my own videos and music in it...
Or, if you could share how you did the changes to get MM back, I'd be glad to do that myself

I just checked and can confirm that yes it's possible to turn midnight madness back on. However once it gets out in the open you can bet your ass that Stern will "plug the loophole" with the next code iteration. BTW you can't do it on the machine through the settings.

EDIT: Please don't ask me how to do it. Go through PoMC on the dedicated thread listed below.

#11973 2 years ago

Can someone please post the steps on how to do this or PM me?

#11974 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-midnight-madness-multiball-restored#post-6727189

Midnight Madness updates and SD Image links will be posted in this thread.

#11975 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

XYZ updates and SD Image links will be posted in this thread.

not a good idea to post this publicly. stern will close the door next update if you keep this online.

#11976 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

not a good idea to post this publicly. stern will close the door next update if you keep this online.

I don't think they can. Too much effort and just disabling the feature is probably enough to appease Disney. If that's the reason it was removed.

#11977 2 years ago

They definitely can. There likely wasn't motivation to actually remove the code for a minor revision years ago but there's an upcoming code update with substantial code changes coming. Insider connected adds significant code content and appears to touch a lot of things in the code to be able to trigger achievements. They have demonstrated motivation to put effort into breaking PB for zero functional/feature gain (and even probably quite some hassle to them) so I'd be cautious about expecting they wouldn't bother with this. To me it's bad timing to attract attention to this before they have released the IC update code.

#11978 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

To me it's bad timing to attract attention to this before they have released the IC update code.

I just got the game and likely won't have it longer than a few months. So I'm going to have my fun and whatever happens, happens.

#11979 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don't think they can. Too much effort and just disabling the feature is probably enough to appease Disney. If that's the reason it was removed.

Yes they can. They took out the projector option for the topper.

#11980 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just got the game and likely won't have it longer than a few months. So I'm going to have my fun and whatever happens, happens.

Just a few months for you, but others might want to enjoy this longer. Don't spoil it for everyone. Be considerate. Keeping the door open for 1.11 would be great.

#11981 2 years ago

I am currently editing my modded music code to incorporate the fun ball save/ball drain videos added by @fooflighter, and to enable midnight madness, thanks for the tip @pomc. This will be available to Premium/LE owners. If you would like a copy of the updated code, please PM me.

One question, what do you think of having the fox fanfare playing during character selection? The main theme obviously kicks in once you start a game, but it might be nice to have the fanfare preceding, to better reflect the experience of watching the films.

Thoughts?

#11982 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

I am currently editing my modded music code to incorporate the fun ball save/ball drain videos added by fooflighter, and to enable midnight madness, thanks for the tip PoMC. This will be available to Premium/LE owners. If you would like a copy of the updated code, please PM me.
One question, what do you think of having the fox fanfare playing during character selection? The main theme obviously kicks in once you start a game, but it might be nice to have the fanfare preceding, to better reflect the experience of watching the films.
Thoughts?

I really prefer the tunes you have now to the fox fanfare personally. For HUO games most of us burn through selecting a character and might not get past it either. That's my 2 cents.

#11983 2 years ago

Haven't been in this thread for awhile. Kind of missing my SW so opened it up. I see some newer owners with questions on dialing in their machine. I spent a lot of time tweaking mine when I had it, and made many posts throughout this thread. Awhile back I consolidated a bunch of them into one post trying to help someone struggling with SDTM issues. I figure it's been long enough I would repost it and hopefully help some new owners. Please keep in mind these are reposts of reposts, so my apologies for anything out of context or info you guys have seen before.

------------------

I looked through my own posts as I know I have given a few pointers over the years. I'm sure there are many other posts from others with better advice, but here are a few of my old posts to get you started. Some of these may be a little out of context as they were parts of conversations, but hopefully they help.

First thing first though...make sure your machine is perfectly level and I would at least start right at 6.5 deg. You can always tweak pitch to your liking later, but always start with it set-up as intended when trying to make things work right. It's a huge pet peeve when someone complains about shots not working right and you find out they are running at 7-8+ deg. Always at least start with the designers intent.

Here are some copy/pastes of my old posts:

After leveling and getting the slope right, you still might have to adjust the lane guides on the loop and the orbits, and also the Tatooine scoop. Make sure the guides are tightened down well too...mine were a bit loose from the factory making the shots inconsistent. Also make sure none of the targets are leaning far enough to interfere with the ball travel, and check the roll-under switch gate at the Death Star entrance and the left spinner to make sure they are not affecting the ball. My machine needed a TON of tweaking, most of any game I have had other than Avengers. It's worth it though...once it's dialed in it is a super fun machine and it has needed very little additional tweaking once it was done. Good luck!

-----------

Some of it will honestly be trial and error. The first thing to check is make sure the lane guides are actually tight. Stern has had a nasty habit lately of not tightening posts and guides down well from the factory. If your guide is slightly loose and has some give, that could be enough to mess up the ball flow. If that's all good, before actually bending, loosen the mounting screws/nuts and see if there is any play in them. When re-tightening, put some pressure on the guide in the direction you want it to go to see if you can get it to snug up a hair in that direction. Sometimes that's enough. If you have to bend the end of your lane guide, do it carefully to not scratch it up or crack the mounts. And remember a very small amount can make a big difference.

Left inner loop (Death Star) should feed clean to the right flipper. Right inner loop (Hoth) should feed clean to the left flipper. If memory serves, there was much discussion about that early on, and that info came from Steve Ritchie himself (at least I think it did....fuzzy memory and too lazy to dig it up now). If you look at the geometry, you can see that is how it was designed to work.

------------

It is definitely possible that the overall shape is distorted a bit. In this case I would loosen the entire guide, make sure none of the attachment points are stressed, twisted, bent, or pulling it in the wrong direction, then tighten it back down. Also make sure the welds on the attachment points are good. I had a bad one which actually broke when tightening mine (not overtightened...it was partially broken already) and I had to replace the entire guide. With the bad weld, I do not think my original one ever could have been adjusted right. My new one was perfect with very little adjustment. So that is something to watch for too.

------------

Just remember that very small changes make a big difference. If you are bending anything so far you can't get it back in place, it's WAY too much. You likely do not need to remove the guide. Just loosen the mounting points, then push on the rails a little bit in the direction you want to change as you tighten them back up. In one case I found that from the factory my rail was tightened down with some tension that deformed them a bit. Once I loosened the nuts, the rail "sprung back" into shape, then all I had to do was tighten them back down. A little bit will do...a 1 mm in either direction is probably all you need! Good luck!

-------------

Adjust your rails. Not very hard to do, but it's one of those things you have to feel out yourself to see which direction and how far you need to go. Lots of info in this thread if you dig a bit. Even when adjusted perfectly you might still have a random drain from them, but you should be able to get it 99% good. Mine took a LOT of tweaking, but was well worth it in the end. It could be as simple as them not being tightened properly, they might have some tension on them deflecting the geometry a bit, or they may need to actually be bent a bit. Remember a little goes a long way. Good luck!

-------------

Hope this helps someone a little! Good luck!

#11984 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yes they can. They took out the projector option for the topper.

Can you please elaborate on the projector option for the topper?

#11985 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Can you please elaborate on the projector option for the topper?

There is none. Stern had planned one in the topper so R2D2 could project something and it was coded but was removed for whatever reason. Cost? Disney?

Nobody has ever published detailed info or pics, at least not on Pinside.

#11986 2 years ago

Here is an updated preview of my modded code, with a few changes

1. Added fox fanfare, binary sunset theme, and palpatine/vader duel themes for jedi multiball

2. Added 7 ball save/ball drain videos, as per fooflighter's modded code.

3. Enabled midnight madness, as per PoMC's advice.

Sorry about the shaky cam, I was holding the phone and throwing the ball at the same time.

If anyone would like v2 of the code, but without the fox fanfare, I'll upload an alternate version. Just let me know via PM

#11987 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Here is an updated preview of my modded code, with a few changes
1. Added fox fanfare, binary sunset theme, and palpatine/vader duel themes for jedi multiball
2. Added 7 ball save/ball drain videos, as per fooflighter's modded code.
3. Enabled midnight madness, as per PoMC's advice.

Sorry about the shaky cam, I was holding the phone and throwing the ball at the same time.
If anyone would like v2 of the code, but without the fox fanfare, I'll upload an alternate version. Just let me know via PM

Good job. Is there any way to only alter something in attract mode ?

#11988 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Good job. Is there any way to only alter something in attract mode ?

yes, if you are familiar with pinball browser you can alter video/sound. if you look at PoMCs video above it shows his modded attract mode video.

#11989 2 years ago

For those downloading my modded code, I suggest setting your speech attenuation to 5 and music attenuation to -5

For my machine, this gives the right balance of music and speech.

Note: I have pinwoofer speakers, sub and amp installed, so the right balance may differ for your machine.

20220123_091642_exported_2233 (resized).jpg20220123_091642_exported_2233 (resized).jpg20220123_091649_capture (resized).jpg20220123_091649_capture (resized).jpg

#11990 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

For those downloading my modded code, I suggest setting your speech attenuation to 5 and music attenuation to -5
For my machine, this gives the right balance of music and speech.
Note: I have pinwoofer speakers, sub and amp installed, so the right balance may differ for your machine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Really enjoying your version @njvc.

Today I was able to consistently hit the death star with my left flipper. That's a game changer for me!

This is a very enjoyable game. The music is excellent! So glad to be in the club!

#11991 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Really enjoying your version njvc.
Today I was able to consistently hit the death star with my left flipper. That's a game changer for me!
This is a very enjoyable game. The music is excellent! So glad to be in the club!

Thanks, great to hear you're enjoying!

Ive just finished version 3 if anyone would like the most up to date code. This version does not have the fox fanfare at character selection.

Changes: the six ball drain vids are now
1. Porkins blowing up
2. chewie laughing, Han: Laugh it up fuzzball
3. Wicket (Ewok) hitting himself in the face with a rock
4. Luke crashing on Dagobah
5. Boba Fett slamming into the side of Jabba's barge
6. Han saying "we're fine now, thank you, how are you?"

Preview:

Also enabled high scores for Midnight Madness mode.

PM me if interested.

#11992 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Really enjoying your version njvc.

Is that on a Pro ? Can't figure out how to make it work on my Premium

#11993 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Is that on a Pro ? Can't figure out how to make it work on my Premium

I have a premium.

I flashed the new code on a new SD card using https://www.balena.io/etcher/

PM me if you have more questions. It's fairly simple.

#11994 2 years ago

Hello,

I have a SW Prem. The ball seems to get stuck at top right orbit gate (If I labeled it correctly). I have just dealt with it just by shaking the game and it comes free but was wondering if anyone has a solution? I have not tried any attempts to correct the matter before reaching out. My last issue was a simple matter of updating the code. lol

Thanks again.

SW Gate (resized).jpgSW Gate (resized).jpg
#11995 2 years ago

the solution is to found why the ball get stucked !
is this happening when ball must do the full orbit ?

#11996 2 years ago

What a gem off a game, what a keeper.
Is the accelerator only used in the hyperspace multiball? And wich path is the easiest way to get to that?
Thanks i am so happy, great club lots to explore.

5934E30A-041E-4DE1-A57D-E9D8D577C33B (resized).jpeg5934E30A-041E-4DE1-A57D-E9D8D577C33B (resized).jpeg
#11997 2 years ago

If anyone is thinking of leaving the club within a few hour drive of eastern WI, please let me know. I got the bug again, LOL! Probably pro only (either art package), but would consider a reasonably priced premium if such a thing exists these days. Would be my third time owning...you'd think I would have learned my lesson the second time, LOL!

#11998 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Thanks, great to hear you're enjoying!
Ive just finished version 3 if anyone would like the most up to date code. This version does not have the fox fanfare at character selection.
Changes: the six ball drain vids are now
1. Porkins blowing up
2. chewie laughing, Han: Laugh it up fuzzball
3. Wicket (Ewok) hitting himself in the face with a rock
4. Luke crashing on Dagobah
5. Boba Fett slamming into the side of Jabba's barge
6. Han saying "we're fine now, thank you, how are you?"
Preview:

Also enabled high scores for Midnight Madness mode.
PM me if interested.

Great job. Really like the changes you made...

So good to see the machine getting some love still after all these years...

#11999 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If anyone is thinking of leaving the club within a few hour drive of eastern WI, please let me know. I got the bug again, LOL! Probably pro only (either art package), but would consider a reasonably priced premium if such a thing exists these days. Would be my third time owning...you'd think I would have learned my lesson the second time, LOL!

Thats a good sign! Third time! Lol and your line up is already amazing !

#12000 2 years ago

37 sec ball time

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm near st.Louis and have a pretty nice pro I'm thinking of selling. Not sure if this is close enough to you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/240?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.