IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 301.
#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

yes to all you guys talking about this. mine does almost all the time. thought it was part of game but wasnt sure.
so no answrs yet?

I've not heard back from Stern support ... it usually takes them about 24hrs to reply (based on my experience anyway)

#1152 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Mine does this as well ... i emailed stern about it this morning to see if that was normal behavior... doesn't seem healthy for the ball to be smacking into the back of the forks like that. especially long term. I did just go back and watch the Twitch stream of the Premium Play from Stern factory and notice several times this happened to the folks that were playing.

The fork has 3 positions:

Down
Halfway up/down
Full Up

The only time the ramp should be at the half way point is when the ball is released by the death star magnet. It is normal for the ball to hit the back of the forks when in the full-up position. That stops the ball for mission select if Hoth is lit.

Like I said earlier, wait for the next code update to correct some issues with the fork operation.

Rob

#1153 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The fork has 3 positions:
Down
Halfway up/down
Full Up
The only time the ramp should be at the half way point is when the ball is released by the death star magnet. It is normal for the ball to hit the back of the forks when in the full-up position. That stops the ball for mission select if Hoth is lit.
Like I said earlier, wait for the next code update to correct some issues with the fork operation.
Rob

Thanks Rob!

#1154 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

yes to all you guys talking about this. mine does almost all the time. thought it was part of game but wasnt sure.
so no answrs yet?

i think it's absolutely part of the game, if the ramp is up so you can make a death star/hyperspace shot, the ball can go around the back via Hoth and hit it. If the ball stays there the ramp will come down to let the ball out. It may even go up when Hoth is lit so you can start Hoth that way (not 100% sure on that, but pretty sure).

It does seem if you hit the Hoth shot when the ramp is up, there is a code problem where the ramp goes down to let the ball out, but if the ball bounces back a bit and settles then the Hoth modes can be started. That's what I would expect them to fix up. Don't lower the ramp when Hoth modes can be started.

My game is working just fine for the ramp and the hyperspace shots. Only issues I've had are actual code bugs, but I expect those to be there and get worked out since the code is so early.

#1155 6 years ago

Little update on my LE ... arrived Friday as expected but with two very unexpected holes in the side of the box. THANKFULLY there was no damage.
I also got the play-field protector on ... nothing major in terms of getting it on there... the only two obstacles that took a bit of time to figure out was the Death Star (as expected) and the small right 90 degree ramp that comes from behind the back board in the Hyperspace Loop.
The two things that had us stumped for a moment:
1. Death Star: the remove the Death Star you must go behind the backboard and loosen a set screw that is on each actuating rod of the Death Star (there are two... one for each half of the star that opens) ... once you do that, you manually open the death star and loosen the two Lock Nuts closest to the back board... this will allow you to slide the death star out towards the front of the machine. Don't forget to unplug the Death Star from it's control board under the playfield before trying to remove.
2. Right Hyperspace Loop exist ramp: there are 4 obvious screws (2 on each end of this little ramp) that need to come out... after that you will notice that it still wont budge... that is because there is an L bracket on the underside of the ramp that screws into the backside of the back board. Once you remove that 5th screw the ramp will move freely. However, to actually negotiate the ramp out of its position, you will want to lift up on the back of the playfiled until the ramp can pull out and clear the side of the machine.

Thank you very much for posting that info. Our SWLE arrives next week. Our Playfield protector is already here. You have definitely saved us some time working out how to put the playfield protector on.

Happy Flipping!

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

It does seem if you hit the Hoth shot when the ramp is up, there is a code problem where the ramp goes down to let the ball out, but if the ball bounces back a bit and settles then the Hoth modes can be started

I wish there was a mission to destroy the imperial probe droid.... That would have been fun. It could have been Hoth 1 instead of the video mode. Oh well, just wishful thinking!

Rob

#1157 6 years ago

Replaced the T-molding on my pro with black, didn't like the red and it didn't match my purple powder coating.

20170905_194645 (resized).jpg20170905_194645 (resized).jpg

20170905_195503 (resized).jpg20170905_195503 (resized).jpg

#1158 6 years ago

I think the red looks fine. Maybe not with purple, but it looks good stock.

#1159 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think the red looks fine. Maybe not with purple, but it looks good stock.

I'm not a huge fan of the colored molding, kind of distracts from the translite art and looks a little cheap IMO. I'll have to look into getting some black molding ...

#1160 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Replaced the T-molding on my pro with black, didn't like the red and it didn't match my purple powder coating.

Let's see shot from further out... whole machine showing the power coat and the new t-molding. I bet it looks sweet.

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish there was a mission to destroy the imperial probe droid.... That would have been fun. It could have been Hoth 1 instead of the video mode. Oh well, just wishful thinking!
Rob

I agree. That would have been a fun Hoth 1 mode for Han. And Hoth 1 for Luke could have been defeat the Wampa.

I'm really looking forward to Lightsabe Duel. Go Obi Wan!

#1162 6 years ago

black is better

#1163 6 years ago

Lighted T-molding would be great for this title.

#1164 6 years ago

My Premium is being delivered in the next 2-5 hours. This day is going to drag...

*looks at clock again

Ugh...

#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

My Premium is being delivered in the next 2-5 hours. This day is going to drag...
*looks at clock again
Ugh...

lucky you, i guess i got bumped into the second batch of premiums.

#1166 6 years ago

I'm in the second batch as well. I just got word from my distributor that the next batch of Premiums is going to be in production the week of September 18.

#1167 6 years ago
Quoted from Ragnar1991:

I'm in the second batch as well. I just got word from my distributor that the next batch of Premiums is going to be in production the week of September 18.

i'm actually ok with it. I bet they'll have all the bugs worked out with the hyper drive loop and the software by then.

#1168 6 years ago

It's here! Too bad it's got to stay in the box until tomorrow night.

IMG_2003 (resized).JPGIMG_2003 (resized).JPG

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

https://www.t-molding.com
Not bad but use a rubber mallet to get it back in.

Quoted from SilverballNut:

It's easy to change. Simply pull out carefully and snap new molding in. Then cut with good scissors or a razor blade at the end.
Just google online. Lots of places sell it. I always just bought from the place that had the cooor I wanted. Black should be easy to find.

Do I want the 3/4", Slot Width 1/16" t-molding? Like this?:
https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-black-t-molding.html

#1170 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I bet they'll have all the bugs worked out with the hyper drive loop

I have never had a fail (up to 3 balls) with the hyper-drive loop like we saw in the deadflip video and have 200 games on it. So I think they are going to nail that if anyone is concerned.

One time I hit the Deathstar with those modes qualified and the ball looped around once, was diverted to the inlane but my flippers were dead because I had to select the mode. So that is not sorted out yet but only seen that once.

As for the bugs, more time sure will help with the biggest being they need to make it so I don't forget to flip while trying to mash the button to kill tie-fighters or move the multiplier. Maybe a setting "Set Ball Save for Dummies On"

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

...the biggest being they need to make it so I don't forget to flip while trying to mash the button to kill tie-fighters or move the multiplier. Maybe a setting "Set Ball Save for Dummies On"

ha joking right? That's the whole point.
Multiplier one I could see changing...although I think that's fun too.

#1172 6 years ago

Is STERN doing another run of Pros before a second batch of Premiums?

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I believe so. The seem on the head is on the bottom of the head, so you could pull a small piece out just to make sure, but that's the normal size.

#1174 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes, that is what you want. I used it on mine.

#1175 6 years ago

Little update on my LE ... arrived Friday as expected but with two very unexpected holes in the side of the box. THANKFULLY there was no damage.
I also got the play-field protector on ... nothing major in terms of getting it on there... the only two obstacles that took a bit of time to figure out was the Death Star (as expected) and the small right 90 degree ramp that comes from behind the back board in the Hyperspace Loop.
The two things that had us stumped for a moment:
1. Death Star: the remove the Death Star you must go behind the backboard and loosen a set screw that is on each actuating rod of the Death Star (there are two... one for each half of the star that opens) ... once you do that, you manually open the death star and loosen the two Lock Nuts closest to the back board... this will allow you to slide the death star out towards the front of the machine. Don't forget to unplug the Death Star from it's control board under the playfield before trying to remove.
2. Right Hyperspace Loop exist ramp: there are 4 obvious screws (2 on each end of this little ramp) that need to come out... after that you will notice that it still wont budge... that is because there is an L bracket on the underside of the ramp that screws into the backside of the back board. Once you remove that 5th screw the ramp will move freely. However, to actually negotiate the ramp out of its position, you will want to lift up on the back of the playfiled until the ramp can pull out and clear the side of the machine.

How do you like how your machine feels after adding the playfield protector? We have playfield protectors fitted on all our machines as well. Did you need to adjust anything after fitting and playing the machine?

Thanks

#1176 6 years ago

Hopefully the Australian LEs will be arriving next week and heading out to all of us! The count down is on!

#1177 6 years ago

I am having so much fun with my Premium! I just completed all the planets, made it to Jedi master rank, destroyed 100 Tie's, and escaped Boba Fett. Then it had me fight The Emperor, the playfield got real dark and the lights started flickering like his force lightning (Jedi Multiball I guess). it was awesome!

#1178 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

I am having so much fun with my Premium! I just completed all the planets, made it to Jedi master rank, destroyed 100 Tie's, and escaped Boba Fett. Then it had me fight The Emperor, the playfield got real dark and the lights started flickering like his force lightning (Jedi Multiball I guess). it was awesome!

Impressive and congratulations. I'm not sure I'll get there the way I have the game setup, but definitely enjoying the game big time.

#1179 6 years ago

LE #785 arrived in Trondheim, Norway today, and is already out on location trying to pay for itself

We got some early feedback from one of our regulars, who noted that the Mystery kick-out often feeds the ball SDTM. "It's extremely aggravating, but I cannot stop playing..." I guess we should tune the kick-out strength, but at least game times aren't too long as it is now...

#1180 6 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

LE #785 arrived in Trondheim, Norway today, and is already out on location trying to pay for itself
We got some early feedback from one of our regulars, who noted that the Mystery kick-out often feeds the ball SDTM. "It's extremely aggravating, but I cannot stop playing..." I guess we should tune the kick-out strength, but at least game times aren't too long as it is now...

You have to remove the right habitrail, the plastic above the scoop, and loosen the nuts holding the scoop from the top and bottom. Torque it to the left and tighten it down while holding it (helps to have 2 people). Trekkie1978 told me about this fix, and my ball shoots to the left flipper as designed every time now. (Just make sure you test it before putting it back together...the first time the ball kept hitting the plastic above the left flipper which is NOT good.) Makes a hell of a difference in gameplay.

#1181 6 years ago

Yep, 3 people will think its aggravating and keep feeding money while 7 people will get pissed off and refuse to play the game. I'd adjust it for sure if you care about the cash box.

Quoted from oyvindmo:

#1182 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

... I'd adjust it for sure if you care about the cash box.

IMG_0367 (resized).JPGIMG_0367 (resized).JPG

#1183 6 years ago

It's here!!!
Plays perfect out-of-the-box. All I did was level it and go. Justin was awesome to work with. Anyone need a distro near Omaha, he's the one!

IMG_3800 (resized).JPGIMG_3800 (resized).JPG

#1184 6 years ago

#783 arrived today.. love it

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

How do you like how your machine feels after adding the playfield protector? We have playfield protectors fitted on all our machines as well. Did you need to adjust anything after fitting and playing the machine?
Thanks

plays great - I have protectors on all my machines... honestly I don't think it feels any different than it did before the protector since the playfield itself is brand new.

I did not have to adjust anything on the game after putting it all back together. The protector does not interfere with anything that requires adjusting.

#1186 6 years ago

Here's some shots of the minor mods I did to my premium (sorry, didn't take the glass off). Mirror blades, blue lighted flipper buttons, and blue and red rubbers on the flipper bats.

IMG_3803 (resized).JPGIMG_3803 (resized).JPG

IMG_3813 (resized).JPGIMG_3813 (resized).JPG

IMG_3811 (resized).JPGIMG_3811 (resized).JPG

IMG_3812 (resized).JPGIMG_3812 (resized).JPG

#1187 6 years ago

I can officially join the club tonight. First NIB!

cff69063-18fd-423f-8c3b-a3ffbb554257 (resized).jpgcff69063-18fd-423f-8c3b-a3ffbb554257 (resized).jpg

6a42d5d4-b239-48c6-a6d7-3c5a99dfeeee (resized).jpg6a42d5d4-b239-48c6-a6d7-3c5a99dfeeee (resized).jpg

#1188 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here's some shots of the minor mods I did to my premium (sorry, didn't take the glass off). Mirror blades, blue lighted flipper buttons, and blue and red rubbers on the flipper bats.

really thanks for mirror blade pics. been on fence like others. they look great!
still gonna wait for sterns to make sure. but am def leaning toward mirror.

#1189 6 years ago

My Premium is here! Surprise gift from my wife! Loving it so far; in the club!

The whole family is playing more pinball than I’ve ever seen them.

Marc

#1190 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

really thanks for mirror blade pics. been on fence like others. they look great!
still gonna wait for sterns to make sure. but am def leaning toward mirror.

I am not a mirror blade fan usually...would rather have cool art blades. But, this looks so awesome with the chrome ramps and the incredible light show. When you hit the hyperspace loop, with the ball cruising around it, the adrenaline will start running.

#1191 6 years ago

I like the artwork on the premium the best, probably since TESB was my favorite of the original series. Congrats guys on your games, enjoy! I wish some operators around here would put a premium on location, all you see are pros.

#1192 6 years ago

Hi everybody. I just added SW Pro/Prem and LE kickout protectors to my shop. I wanted to post here to let everyone know!

You can buy them here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/01064-nudies-clear-shooter-lane-eject-protectors

#1193 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I like the artwork on the premium the best, probably since TESB was my favorite of the original series. Congrats guys on your games, enjoy! I wish some operators around here would put a premium on location, all you see are pros.

But, only the left side is TESB and the right side is ROTJ on the cabinet. There isn't really much consistency with the art on any of the models as it pertains to specific movie episodes since there's a little bit of everything on the cabinet and plastics. The LE art does lean more towards showcasing the Millenium Falcon though. It's too bad the premium cabinet right side art wasn't hoth as well.

Rob

#1194 6 years ago

Some friends were supposed to come over tonight and help me lug the box upstairs, but they couldn't make it.

Impatience got the best of me, so I set it up in my living room and played 10 or so games. Holy smokes, the hyperloop is awesome!!!

I'm already in love with this game.

IMG_2036 (resized).JPGIMG_2036 (resized).JPG

IMG_2037 (resized).JPGIMG_2037 (resized).JPG

IMG_2038 (resized).JPGIMG_2038 (resized).JPG

IMG_2042 (resized).JPGIMG_2042 (resized).JPG

IMG_2040 (resized).JPGIMG_2040 (resized).JPG

#1195 6 years ago

How is the ghosting with these new Premiums? The LEs I've seen have looked good, maybe STERN figured out their playfield issues?

#1196 6 years ago

This is an LE

20170902_184729 (resized).jpg20170902_184729 (resized).jpg

#1197 6 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

If you place the level bubble in the middle between the lines, that game plays much better to SDTM from the scoop and you can back hand hyperspace loop from the left flipper much easier

#1198 6 years ago

Does anyone know where to buy the translite surrounds? I would like to mount the extra ones for easy replacement when I need a change. Thanks

#1199 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

This is an LE

is that ghosting in the middle insert and chipping paint on the top of the endor insert?

#1200 6 years ago

Joined as of yesterday. Premium arrived! My very first NIB! And it even fits the theme of my theater room. Love the smell of a new pin!

20170908_120656 (resized).jpg20170908_120656 (resized).jpg

20170908_122003 (resized).jpg20170908_122003 (resized).jpg

20170908_122013 (resized).jpg20170908_122013 (resized).jpg

20170908_123354 (resized).jpg20170908_123354 (resized).jpg

20170908_124950 (resized).jpg20170908_124950 (resized).jpg

20170908_125832 (resized).jpg20170908_125832 (resized).jpg

20170908_125920 (resized).jpg20170908_125920 (resized).jpg

20170908_131206 (resized).jpg20170908_131206 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170908_142531 (resized).jpgIMG_20170908_142531 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.