IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 301.
#1101 6 years ago

LE 440 is finally setup. Got a couple games in tonight, but I need to get up super early in the morning (stupid job), so tomorrow will be the late night of leveling, updating software, checking out everything in the menus, and playing the crap out of it.

And yes, it's currently in our bedroom, but only because it's permanent home is under construction.

IMG_1592 (resized).JPGIMG_1592 (resized).JPG

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

LE 440 is finally setup. Got a couple games in tonight, but I need to get up super early in the morning (stupid job), so tomorrow will be the late night of leveling, updating software, checking out everything in the menus, and playing the crap out of it.
And yes, it's currently in our bedroom, but only because it's permanent home is under construction.

Congrats! My friend and I have LE 437 and 441 here in GA.

What does this mean? Absolutely nothing.

#1103 6 years ago

Anyone else having problems with the Hoth loop? When Hoth is lit and I shoot the loop, it bounces off the forks, then the forks go down and allow the ball to down the playfield before going back up again. Essentially I can only activate the Hoth scenes maybe 1/4 of the time because of those forks doing weird things.

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Anyone else having problems with the Hoth loop? When Hoth is lit and I shoot the loop, it bounces off the forks, then the forks go down and allow the ball to down the playfield before going back up again. Essentially I can only activate the Hoth scenes maybe 1/4 of the time because of those forks doing weird things.

I believe that this is something that will be improved by code in the future.
I would not make any adjustments to your machine.
My opinion.

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I believe that this is something that will be improved by code in the future.
I would not make any adjustments to your machine.
My opinion.

I strongly concur.

#1106 6 years ago

Oh my 9 year old daughter was into watching me play SWLE this past week and stepped up for her first game. I told her it was fast and was wondering how she would do playing. She was able to hang on it and went ahead and nailed the Hyperspace shot for a Jackpot! She dug that and I did also watching her play and make the tight shot to hit it!

#1107 6 years ago

I don't have the Hoth problem as much on the Pro, but it does whip around there and bounce right back off of the posts. I think it just needs to be quicker for that single post to pop up to keep it from rolling back. Not sure if that single post is on the LE or not.

#1108 6 years ago

Expecting my Premium any day now.

Quick question - will SilverJet balls work with the hyper-drive loop magnets? If not, any recommendations for a higher quality ball, other than stock, that will work?

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Expecting my Premium any day now.
Quick question - will SilverJet balls work with the hyper-drive loop magnets? If not, any recommendations for a higher quality ball, other than stock, that will work?

I get the five packs of standard balls from Marco or the standard balls from Titan or pinball life. All work fine with magnets.

No idea if silverjets work with this game or not.

#1110 6 years ago

Happy Force Friday! We are hosting a selfie-league style tournament on our Star Wars Pro in Southern New Jersey. I really wish the scores were easier to photograph but that galaxy background makes life difficult.

Anyway, full details here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-selfie-september-event-in-mays-landing-nj

Also, I saw someone posted their audit data earlier in the topic (left, right, center drains, avg. ball times, etc.). I can post that data from our machine on location after my weekly check-ins if that is something you guys would be interested in?

#1111 6 years ago

I just set up my machine, and the ball keeps getting stuck under the death star. The gate is up when it is not supposed to be. Anyone else having this issue? Happens every game.

#1112 6 years ago

My daughter loves the game, but she's only 3, so it's hard for her to do much more than just flip and hope. She's really sharp, so I explained the rules to her a little bit. She gets the very general idea of it.. now she stands on a chair in front of me when I play. She's in charge of the 3rd button - I tell her to turn it off so I can move it, and when to turn it back on. It's fun, and she likes helping and watching the animations.

It works really well to give kids something to do while they watched... probably more so than any other game I can think of. I recommend trying that for anyone with young kids too young to play effectively by themselves.

#1113 6 years ago

Just replaced the stock speakers with Flipper Fidelity speakers, and the difference is really noticeable. Of course, when you just hold the two woofers side by side, you can see the difference in quality, and it comes through in the sound quality as well. Now my cabinet rumbles even when the shaker isn't going, and it doesn't have that tinny quality on the high end that made me want to claw my eyes out.

Speaking of which, is anybody else here annoyed by Yoda at this point? I hope future code updates will allow us to shut him the f**k up by hitting both flipper buttons. It only speeds up the bonus process, but his clip plays out to the end. If he tells me I'm reckless one more time I'm gonna put my fist through the LCD screen.

#1114 6 years ago

I just got my SW Le and it plays awesome my only issue is that's the tatoeine mystery hole shoots the ball out and drains it most times does anybody know how to fix it

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from sixtybones:

I just set up my machine, and the ball keeps getting stuck under the death star. The gate is up when it is not supposed to be. Anyone else having this issue? Happens every game.

yes its happened 2 times to me. no idea what to do.

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

That was happening to me, but I read a thread earlier in here that said to adjust that coil to weak in settings. That solved the problem for me.

#1117 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

It might have been an actual number on the settings, can't remember, but it worked

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

BTW, another thing yo should do is move both posts in the outlanes in, and adjust your ball save time to 10 seconds, just trust me.

#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from KOTCHI:

I just got my SW Le and it plays awesome my only issue is that's the tatoeine mystery hole shoots the ball out and drains it most times does anybody know how to fix it

Try adjusting the kickout to 30 (on mine factory was 40) once I adjusted that it kicks it out pretty consistently to the left flipper.

Phoebe

#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Speaking of which, is anybody else here annoyed by Yoda at this point? I hope future code updates will allow us to shut him the f**k up by hitting both flipper buttons. It only speeds up the bonus process, but his clip plays out to the end. If he tells me I'm reckless one more time I'm gonna put my fist through the LCD screen.

No offense, but you're coming off a little reckless here.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

No offense, but you're coming off a little reckless here.

#1122 6 years ago

Yes I'd like to see and hear some varied clips. Yoda saying the same thing each time is super repetitive.

I'll try my pin Jedi stuff... handwave at Stern ....It's not the clip we are looking for. (at least not every single time )

#1123 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

BTW, another thing yo should do is move both posts in the outlanes in, and adjust your ball save time to 10 seconds, just trust me.

on on and on! will do when get a minute. i believe you. i bet moving posts will help. i never noticed that u could do. very cool.
thx man

#1124 6 years ago

even if they had ten different end ball scenes people would bitch!
That there isn't twenty/ or other characters
Me I was happy they added the extra Ball save scenes . Yes more is better . maybe a 8 gb download , yikes

#1125 6 years ago

I may be weird but to me it looks like Yoda is doing a finger hole with one hand and a pointy finger about to enter the hole from the other hand at the end of one of the drain scenes. If you know what I mean.

#1126 6 years ago

Request for help - Anyone that has a Premium Star Wars game, would you be willing to take some nice detailed photos of the Cabinet Art on the Left side with the AT-AT and Snowspeeder scene? I have an idea for a Mod for my SWLE and I would to incorporate that art for graphics on some plastics.

PM me if able to help.

#1127 6 years ago

I would like to see the differences between premium and LE plastics.

Rob

#1128 6 years ago

I should have my Premium in the house by this time next week. Can't wait!!!

#1129 6 years ago

there is a difference I know from pro, to le/prem . didn't know the Prem and le had differences in the plastics

#1130 6 years ago

Here are some pics of the premium plastics.

IMG_3938 (resized).JPGIMG_3938 (resized).JPG

IMG_3940 (resized).JPGIMG_3940 (resized).JPG

IMG_3939 (resized).JPGIMG_3939 (resized).JPG

IMG_3941 (resized).JPGIMG_3941 (resized).JPG

#1131 6 years ago

Now we need close ups of the other 2 I think all 3 are different ... I'll say premium has some cool characters like bobba fet

#1132 6 years ago

Unboxed our LE on Friday and after removing the "protection" tape from the t-mold it seems like the glue from the tape has created some kind of reaction with the plastic in the t-mold making it sticky and gooey.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Unsure of how to clean this up without damaging or discoloring the t-mold. Any suggestions?

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from purrep:

Unboxed our LE on Friday and after removing the "protection" tape from the t-mold it seems like the glue from the tape has created some kind of reaction with the plastic in the t-mold making it sticky and gooey.
Unsure of how to clean this up without damaging or discoloring the t-mold. Any suggestions?

The tape left a residue in some places on my t molding. A little elbow grease and it came right off. Enjoy the new LE!

#1134 6 years ago
Quoted from purrep:

I used goo-gone.

Rob

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from purrep:

iso alcohol. come off in sceonds.

#1136 6 years ago

I added a few ships from the Star Wars Xwing game. They look great. Drilled a hole, used piano wire and super glued it in. I'll probably add a few more but don't want it to nuts.

IMG_3944 (resized).JPGIMG_3944 (resized).JPG

IMG_4018 (resized).JPGIMG_4018 (resized).JPG

#1137 6 years ago

looks good

#1138 6 years ago

I really like the xwing and the TIEs back there!

I have a LE, but it got damaged in shipping last month, so it's getting replaced Hope to see a non damaged one in a couple weeks.

*Addition...HA!! I also love this post number!! 1138

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

I also love this post number!! 1138

...The Future is here...

#1140 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

The tape left a residue in some places on my t molding. A little elbow grease and it came right off. Enjoy the new LE!

Quoted from Rob_G:

I used goo-gone.
Rob

Quoted from orb:

iso alcohol. come off in sceonds.

Thanks guys, that's what I was about to proceed with. My experience regarding this kind of tape (I call it painters tape) is that it usually does not leave heavy residues. I was afraid that something actually happened to the t-mold.
But I'll make a shot using isoprop or Label-off (similar to Goo-gone which is not available in Sweden as far as I know).

Thx!

#1141 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I added a few ships from the Star Wars Xwing game. They look great. Drilled a hole, used piano wire and super glued it in. I'll probably add a few more but don't want it to nuts.

Could you let me know which kind of piano wire I can pick up for stuff like this. I saw this on Amazon, not that I need 234 feet but if it'll work what the hell.

High Carbon Steel Wire, #2B (Smooth) Finish, Full Hard Temper, ASTM A228, 0.020" Diameter, 234' Length, Precision Tolerance https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002A4M7L4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_-BGRzb3M20F4B

#1142 6 years ago

Been a crazy weekend, but I finally got the machine leveled up, everything tested, and a few games in (let the kids play a few games, too).

This thing is fast, and I'm not the greatest player. My ball-fu needs to improve dramatically. It's a sad commentary when my 4 year old knocked off my high score.

It's fun and immersive. The inner loop is a serious SDTM shot. I hit the hyperspace hurry up once and that was an extremely satisfying shot.

When our remodel is done, and I have an honest to god rec room, I'll have room for 3-4 games and I'm certain SWLE will be a long term member of that line up, if only because it will take me years to see the Death Star blow up outside of the service menu.

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Could you let me know which kind of piano wire I can pick up for stuff like this. I saw this on Amazon, not that I need 234 feet but if it'll work what the hell.
High Carbon Steel Wire, #2B (Smooth) Finish, Full Hard Temper, ASTM A228, 0.020" Diameter, 234' Length, Precision Tolerance amazon.com link »

I have a variety and usually just buy the K&S music wire you can get online or at most hobby shops. It comes straight so I don't have to worry about straightening it. The sizes I used were 1/32 - 1/16 inch in diameter so somewhere around .03 - .06. The slave 1 was heavier so I used the heavier wire. I just drilled 1/16" holes about half way through the ships (no matter wire size) and super glued the wire in after it was formed and test fitted. May be over kill but I want them to survive an airball.

Now all piano/music wire is tough spring steel. It will take a good pair of needle nose to make a loop for the screw (or a triangle) and the right angle so the ship is above the screw. It will take a larger pair of wire cutters to actually cut it too.

I also added an extra washer above my wire loop and left the original washer between it and the plastic. If the screw is to short then I used a little longer screw too.

None of it's hard and pretty fun to do.

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Mine does the same thing. I also saw a YouTube video by Timballs on SW tutorial during which he ran into the the same issue. You almost have to hit it softly so it doesn't bounce back out of the right loop entrance. Hopefully the code update will fix this.

#1145 6 years ago

yes I am having all sorts of issues with my forks - yesterday they were stuck up by about 1/2" and ball got trapped there till a ball search freed it...

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

yes I am having all sorts of issues with my forks - yesterday they were stuck up by about 1/2" and ball got trapped there till a ball search freed it...

The next code update will improve the operation of the fork ramp.

Rob

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Mine does this as well ... i emailed stern about it this morning to see if that was normal behavior... doesn't seem healthy for the ball to be smacking into the back of the forks like that. especially long term. I did just go back and watch the Twitch stream of the Premium Play from Stern factory and notice several times this happened to the folks that were playing.

#1148 6 years ago

Little update on my LE ... arrived Friday as expected but with two very unexpected holes in the side of the box. THANKFULLY there was no damage.

I also got the play-field protector on ... nothing major in terms of getting it on there... the only two obstacles that took a bit of time to figure out was the Death Star (as expected) and the small right 90 degree ramp that comes from behind the back board in the Hyperspace Loop.

The two things that had us stumped for a moment:

1. Death Star: the remove the Death Star you must go behind the backboard and loosen a set screw that is on each actuating rod of the Death Star (there are two... one for each half of the star that opens) ... once you do that, you manually open the death star and loosen the two Lock Nuts closest to the back board... this will allow you to slide the death star out towards the front of the machine. Don't forget to unplug the Death Star from it's control board under the playfield before trying to remove.

2. Right Hyperspace Loop exist ramp: there are 4 obvious screws (2 on each end of this little ramp) that need to come out... after that you will notice that it still wont budge... that is because there is an L bracket on the underside of the ramp that screws into the backside of the back board. Once you remove that 5th screw the ramp will move freely. However, to actually negotiate the ramp out of its position, you will want to lift up on the back of the playfiled until the ramp can pull out and clear the side of the machine.

IMG_0515 (resized).JPGIMG_0515 (resized).JPG

IMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPG

IMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPG

IMG_0526 (resized).JPGIMG_0526 (resized).JPG

#1149 6 years ago

Have other LE/Prem owners had the MTFBWY latch get in the way of the ball autolaunch after it goes through? Mine hits it slilghly and then comes back to the plunger that launches is again a makes it though.

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Mine does this as well ... i emailed stern about it this morning to see if that was normal behavior... doesn't seem healthy for the ball to be smacking into the back of the forks like that. especially long term. I did just go back and watch the Twitch stream of the Premium Play from Stern factory and notice several times this happened to the folks that were playing.

yes to all you guys talking about this. mine does almost all the time. thought it was part of game but wasnt sure.
so no answrs yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/23?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.