20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 300.
#11701 2 years ago

I too am not sure what I just watched.

Basically to get the top off there are 2 fairly obvious blue painted screws and you have to twist off one of the gray plastic knobs. There are plenty of detailed disassemblies on the topper thread.

Depending on what you mean by noise... Some of the sounds are in the code through the speakers I believe

#11702 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Hi there, i can't stand the noise of the motor of my R2D2 topper anymore.
I will try to make improvements but I cannot open it.
I thought that drilling a hole will allow me to open it but in fact, no, any solutions ?
Sorry for french video

La prochaine fois demande de l'aide avant de faire des trous inutiles. Si tu avais fait un peu de recherche sur Pinside tu aurais decouvert le fil de discussion du topper qui inclut les instructions comment le déassembler.

Le petit cone gris a la droite et un peu plus bas que ton trou est le 3e point d'attache. Tu peux le dévisser tout simplement.

Bonne chance.

For those that don't read French, I explained that the grey cone to the lower right of where he drilled is the 3rd screw holding the head on. You just unscrew it.

See here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/22#post-5461847

#11703 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

The "motor"-sound is generated. It's NOT a real motor noise.

Three screws on R2D2s at 120° angle head. Two freely accessible and one unter the round thing (KAmera or whatever) just twist it out. If you figure out how to switch of that annoying "motor-like" sound, please let me know. I hate it as well and would love the volume reduced. the beeping is fine, but that stupid rotation sound is complete crap.

This is on my holiday list as well. If nothing I will find the speaker inside and disconnect / unsolder it.

#11704 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

I thought that drilling a hole will allow me to open it but in fact, no, any solutions ?
Sorry for french video

What in the name of...?

This is like having a car with a flat tire, and busting out the windows with a baseball bat...

Neither scenario makes any sense

I hope this is a fake video of some sort and you really didn't take a drillbit to fix an electro mechanical issue

#11705 2 years ago

Funny as I like the sounds. Makes it feel more 'real'.

#11706 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

The "motor"-sound is generated. It's NOT a real motor noise.
Three screws on R2D2s at 120° angle head. Two freely accessible and one unter the round thing (KAmera or whatever) just twist it out. If you figure out how to switch of that annoying "motor-like" sound, please let me know. I hate it as well and would love the volume reduced. the beeping is fine, but that stupid rotation sound is complete crap.
This is on my holiday list as well. If nothing I will find the speaker inside and disconnect / unsolder it.

As far as I remember when I disassembled mine there is no speaker inside.

BTW You can make brushless motors "sing" or generate sounds and even play music(just simple tones). This is not new tech. The remote control world(planes, helicopters) has had that around forever.

#11707 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

BTW You can make brushless motors "sing" or generate sounds and even play music(just simple tones). This is not new tech. The remote control world(planes, helicopters) has had that around forever.

You can also play ACDC on an MRI imaging device. Pretty loud and pretty crazy. A speaker is the more obvious choice considering the cheap well established paths stern normally takes. As crappy as it sounds the speake would be super small, so I think some searching is required. UNLESS they send it via the cab speaker (which it doesn't sound like).

#11708 2 years ago

RIP R2D2 #486.

...but now my topper is worth even MORE money!

But yeah...you drilled that thing for no reason. The motor noise is artificial and comes out of the speakers. Your topper wasn't busted after all.

So...hooray?

#11709 2 years ago

LOL, I hadn't seen that video actually.
WHAT AN IDIOT. Honestly this is sad and funny!!! How can anyone be so retarded to think that drilling a random hole somewhere in the head of R2 will solve anything. This is a TECH PRODUCT made after 1930, not a garden tool from the pilgrim's time. I have rarely seen anything quite as dumb as this. And more to that FIRST DRILLING and THEN POSTING it on a pinball forum. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. It's like saying "Check me out, I'm a total dumbass". Dude, you are competing with an 80 year old I know, who wanted some speakers disconnected from a TV and cut off the cables with scissors, WHILE THEY WERE playing.

JACKPOT!

But apart from the fact that you are obviously missing a few screws yourself (and we love crazy people in pinball), I totally empathize with your aggravation about the noise.

Made my day and my topper more valueable by the factor 500/499.

#11710 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I know it's been brought up before, but what good miniature figs from the board games (X-Wing, Armada, etc.) are good fits for a premium? And what do you use to mount them (and where can they be purchased)? All help appreciated!

Check out
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modfather-pinball-mods-cyber-week-discount-1#post-6629766
Harley D.

#11711 2 years ago

I think we just got rick-rolled. Someone is planning on doing a mod to his (and maybe our) topper?

#11712 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I think we just got rick-rolled. Someone is planning on doing a mod to his (and maybe our) topper?

Totally, that's our guy that made the amazing Lightsaber shooter lane mod...

#11713 2 years ago

I’ll take an R2-D2 projector mod

#11714 2 years ago

Hope thats the case.. but that's not the lens that R2 uses to project the hologram...

https://cdn.hackernoon.com/images/F7Ll8TuSCVb6UBqlCrCYjPNMget2-rzc36ti.jpeg

#11715 2 years ago

If anyone has a premium for trade in the Michigan area

Quoted from Rockbiter:

Totally, that's our guy that made the amazing Lightsaber shooter lane mod...

Exactly,he is no dummy!

#11716 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Sorry for french video

Best troll ever. Thanks my Franck
For the others, just check the head of R2...

Future best mod

#11717 2 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Best troll ever. Thanks my Franck
For the others, just check the head of R2...
Future best mod

Okay, then...how much does it cost to send my R2 to France so he can drill out my topper as well? Can't wait!

#11718 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Sorry for french video

Might aswell run it over with a car…. That’d stop the noise

#11719 2 years ago

My topper must be worth even more now, there is only 499 left , how do you say in french? “you can’t fix stupid” hahahaha

#11720 2 years ago

To all who made fun of 2Niro, with some borderline insulting comments, well...

I suggest that:

- you check the profile of 2Niro and his accomplishments (mods especially). We're not talking about cheap 3D printed mods that are sold 100 here, we're talking mods with real craftmanship and gameplay integration

Some hints: interactive Palantir mod (NOT the static one from some australian guy), Barad Dur eye of Sauron, Lotr ring of fire, Scared Stiff Bony beast eye, attack from Mars interactive saucer, Lightsaber and Millenium falcon mods
But also, full playfield restore, similar to Kruzman craftmanship

- you watch the video again
- And then you apply a little bit of thinking, and ask yourself the question "is this real"

You will look less silly that way.

Because now you will realize that most of the "not so nice" terms you used apply straight back to you (and the winner in this category, without any contest, is @Sprudeldudel - congratulations)

#11721 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Because now you will realize that most of the "not so nice" terms you used apply straight back to you (and the winner in this category, without any contest, is Sprudeldudel - congratulations)

I admit, I might have been too quick judging, and if there is more behind I will glady wear that crown
Still if anyone meant this seriously, I would fully stand behind my post. IF not: congrats for making us all, and me espcially look stupid. Sometimes you'Re the dog, sometimes you'Re the tree. Tree-day for me

#11722 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Sorry for french video

I’m sorry I don’t know French so you may have mentioned this in the video, but why did you believe drilling and reaming out a hole in that location would allow the top to come off?

Just realized I missed the entire next page of comments. Hopefully a mod in the works.

#11723 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

(and the winner in this category, without any contest, is Sprudeldudel - congratulations)

well, should i have to understand that he finally gets a hiscore in the SW topic !?

#11724 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I’m sorry I don’t know French so you may have mentioned this in the video, but why did you believe drilling and reaming out a hole in that location would allow the top to come off?
Just realized I missed the entire next page of comments. Hopefully a mod in the works.

It's just a prank video

i will tell you the story of this video.
on december 23, 2020, stern released its latest update for star wars with major changes to the computer protocol,
the lightsaber controller no longer understood this new data and of course, he no longer activated.
I also had a bad Christmas because many customers contacted me to tell me about this problem.
As my electronics are flawless, no problem for 4 years on this mod, I immediately understood that the update impacted the operation.
I didn't have a star wars handy and to analyze the new data I had to find this pin quickly.
a friend lent me his Limited and in exchange I gave him the benefit of the big update, that is to say to open the saber and replace the internal program rather than the additional box which has a small delay in the 'ignition.
this friend with a lot of pin told me that I could keep him for a long time.
to thank him, I asked him if he wanted a modification on his pin, and it is there that he asked me to modify his R2 topper.
initially, it was planned a mini projector to make an image on the ceiling as a hologram, unfortunately, there is very little space to achieve this transformation.
he then asked me if it was possible to include red and blue light in the black eye that I drilled
I know that in the film it is just below that there is this animation but he wanted it in this place because it is bigger, it will not please everyone but it is his choice.
I then suggested that he add something more cool.
on the left side where I drilled, there are two screens that simulate lots of little white and blue dots flashing, I told him I could do that, so let's go.
for now the electronics are installed and I still have to make the replacement lens and I dig my head so that it is almost black and still lets the light through.
this is not a mod that I will sell because you really have to be very good at installing, but if some people want to make the modification, I will share the files (STL and DATA) as well as the diagram and a procedure, there is just a pro mini, a TFT screen and a switching regulator. (about $ 12 the whole)

#11725 2 years ago

now for the video itself, we are having a bad time in our history with this fucking covid and i thought i would make a prank video.
I would never have thought of making a negative buzz and being attacked like that.
Honestly, that made me laugh but I would have preferred that it was you who were laughing, it was the first aim.
I will conclude with this "I don't blame anyone , keep cool

#11726 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

this is not a mod that I will sell because you really have to be very good at installing, but if some people want to make the modification, I will share the files (STL and DATA) as well as the diagram and a procedure, there is just a pro mini, a TFT screen and a switching regulator. (about $ 12 the whole)

I'm curious to see how you will power it. The head can turn 360 degrees. It often turns a full 360 counter clockwise but rarely the other way. How will the wiring be done?

#11727 2 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

I’ll take an R2-D2 projector mod

I seem to recall one of the versions of SW having an option to "disable topper projector" or something along those lines. It was removed in a later firmware update. Does anyone know what else this topper was supposed to do before it was stripped down to the bare minimum? It almost looks like there were supposed to be 4 light features in the front of the topper too.

#11728 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I'm curious to see how you will power it. The head can turn 360 degrees. It often turns a full 360 counter clockwise but rarely the other way. How will the wiring be done?

it is very relevant, I made a test by hanging two pieces of string on the head of R2 and on the ceiling.
I could see how the threads were going to get tangled.
if we leave the pine lit for a long time and we make parties, the head of the R2 very often returns to zero, in the worst case, it has taken a turn.
I did these tests before starting to see if it was possible because a small circular contact is not easy to find, it seems to me that the technical term is "clock spring"
in short, if the pin is extinguished, in the worst case it never returns more than one turn, but with force, it will sooner or later end up being tangled.
I tested for almost a month leaving the pin lit all day and doing some part from time to time, it will take a very long time before being in critical condition and when that happens there will be two mono connectors which will unplug with the twist.
at this time, no more screen or light, it will be necessary to remove the head of the R2 to untangle the two power wires,, this is done in less than 5 minutes, this is the price to pay, unless I find here the famous "Clock spring"
I of course asked the owner for his opinion before continuing in this modification

#11729 2 years ago

Hello everyone, I'd tried my luck with a question a few months ago but will re-post as I'm unfortunately still getting very frustrating moments in the game.

Basically nearly all the time when I send fast balls to the left outer Orbit, it comes back straight between the flippers.
Extending my right flipper doesn't help catching it usually.

Is there something I could adjust on the playfield to help with that ? Some issue with the side to side or front to back level of the playfield ? (doesn't seem to be the case with the phone app I'm using)

Thanks in advance !

#11730 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

Hello everyone, I'd tried my luck with a question a few months ago but will re-post as I'm unfortunately still getting very frustrating moments in the game.
Basically nearly all the time when I send fast balls to the left outer Orbit, it comes back straight between the flippers.
Is there something I could adjust on the playfield to help with that ? Some issue with the side to side or front to back level of the playfield ? (doesn't seem to be the case with the phone app I'm using)
Thanks in advance !

Just adjust left to right no one said it has to be perfectly level .

#11731 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

now for the video itself, we are having a bad time in our history with this fucking covid and i thought i would make a prank video.
I would never have thought of making a negative buzz and being attacked like that.
Honestly, that made me laugh but I would have preferred that it was you who were laughing, it was the first aim.
I will conclude with this "I don't blame anyone , keep cool

Well, I'm happy to apologize for my part in the ball-busting, but that's all it was to me: ball-busting. That said, I still would never drill out that part of R2, even for one of your amazing mods (and I've bought the light saber in the past, so I'm a big fan). I like mods that are reversible in the event I sell the machine and the buyer doesn't like all the extras.

Anyway, keep on doing what you're doing and thank you: You're a credit to the hobby!

#11732 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I'm happy to apologize for my part in the ball-busting, but that's all it was to me: ball-busting. That said, I still would never drill out that part of R2, even for one of your amazing mods (and I've bought the light saber in the past, so I'm a big fan). I like mods that are reversible in the event I sell the machine and the buyer doesn't like all the extras.

Anyway, keep on doing what you're doing and thank you: You're a credit to the hobby!

I absolutely second that

#11733 2 years ago

Thanks in advance !

Screenshot_20211201-131529_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211201-131529_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11734 2 years ago

Thanks guys, seems there's a burr indeed and I'll try to adjust the side to side if it's not enough !

#11735 2 years ago

Super off topic Christmas post, but check out my Christmas tree topper!!! (It's in a diff room than my SW pin-- and as a purist I will mention that it is a different version of the death star than is in my pin .

20211202_131756 (resized).jpg20211202_131756 (resized).jpg

Merry Christmas SW pinheads!!!

#11736 2 years ago

Thanks guys, seems there's a burr indeed and I'll try to adjust the side to side if it's not enough !

Can you post a pic of where this burr is?

#11737 2 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Can you post a pic of where this burr is?

Outer orbit guide on the end of the guide. Run your fingernail along the guide, following the balls path (clockwise). At the very end you will notice a bump. this is formed by the ball hitting the guide from below. file that down, so you dont feel a bump, but just the guide ending. As small as it might have felt to you - it's enough to bump the ball towards STDM. Coming from the orbit is is intended to land on the RIGHT flipper.

This I was told on FB by Steve, when I asked him. I did solve my problem completely.

IMG_20180511_160838 (resized).jpgIMG_20180511_160838 (resized).jpg

#11738 2 years ago

@Sprudeldudel

Nice destroyer mod, I assume this is a "X-Wing" game mini fig ?

[EDIT] It's actually a Bandai small scale model. Turns out I also found a very high detail model on Thingiverse, time to print it in resin

#11739 2 years ago

Thanks @sprudeldudel! I was looking at the inner orbit.

#11740 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Nice destroyer mod, I assume this is a "X-Wing" game mini fig ?

Star Wars Armada Imperial Class Star Destroyer, mounted as follows
collage (resized).jpgcollage (resized).jpg

Other custom stuff on this machine (beside the usual commercial stuff like mirror blades, topper, etc.):
stainless steel intruction card
emperial shooter knob
stainless steel bash button with acrylic centerpiece
silent fan mod
bluetooth mod
brass bearings
IMG-20180616-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20180616-WA0002 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180610_152153 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_152153 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190613_191148 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_191148 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171029_100222-min (resized).jpgIMG_20171029_100222-min (resized).jpg
PXL_20211119_120129771 (resized).jpgPXL_20211119_120129771 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190623_165937 (resized).jpgIMG_20190623_165937 (resized).jpg

#11741 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

[quoted image]
Other custom stuff on this machine (beside the usual commercial stuff like mirror blades, topper, etc.):
emperial shooter knob
silent fan mod
bluetooth mod
brass bearings
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I need that instruction card!!!! Where can I get one please?

#11742 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

[quoted image]
emperial shooter knob
silent fan mod
bluetooth mod
brass bearings
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks

The nice thing about star wars is that you never run out of toys to put in the game.

I found this Bandai small scale model which seems very close to this Armada ship, and I also found a nice highly detailedvthingiverse model which I'm going to print on my resin printer to see if it's worthwhile

On another note, what's the highest score players achieved on hyperloop alone? I just did 250 millions (I don't remember my multiplier, but it was definitely above 10)

Also, what's the brass bearing for?

Cheers

#11743 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I need that instruction card!!!! Where can I get one please?

I had 50 of them made and sold all but mine. The pdf of the riginal card is on pinbalrebel. If you want one you will unfortunately need to download and find a metal printing company on your own. The one I had used was in Austria, but that wont help you, I am afraid.

Quoted from Ashram56:

Also, what's the brass bearing for?

Basically a high quality bearing for the flippers. Sold by http://www.adpin.de/ in germany. They also have machined flipper, "VarioSwitch", buttons, which I have on all my machines. Inredible product, which comes in different eloxated colors or chrome. The bash button (not posted on the site) is a derivative of that - for which they still have material. It comes at EUR 100 a piece.

#11744 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I had 50 of them made and sold all but mine. The pdf of the riginal card is on pinbalrebel. If you want one you will unfortunately need to download and find a metal printing company on your own. The one I had used was in Austria, but that wont help you, I am afraid.

Basically a high quality bearing for the flippers. Sold by http://www.adpin.de/ in germany. They also have machined flipper, "VarioSwitch", buttons, which I have on all my machines. Inredible product, which comes in different eloxated colors or chrome. The bash button (not posted on the site) is a derivative of that - for which they still have material. It comes at EUR 100 a piece.

Thanks for the information.

In a different note, found in my boardgames stash this nice toy. Think it fits perfectly.... What, too big you think? Naah, it's just an optical illusion

20211205_153946 (resized).jpg20211205_153946 (resized).jpg
#11745 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

In a different note, found in my boardgames stash this nice toy.

It's actally rather fitting by style, but not sure if it is part of the original three movies? How big is it really?

#11746 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

It's actally rather fitting by style, but not sure if it is part of the original three movies? How big is it really?

It's so called an "Imperial Raider", part of the X-Wing board game (not Armada). I'm not entirely sure it appears in the original movie trilogy, as I don't recall seeing it.

It's about 35cm long (yep... it's long. Definitely too long )

#11747 2 years ago

Hi there guys,

Finally I got my SW PRO!! But...damn, the left outlane is hungry...the only option to adjust the screw is taking the left ramp apart?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

#11748 2 years ago

Added some decals to the back box hinge and side armour.

3221DBEC-15E6-4FE8-A4C7-5D347C074A8D (resized).jpeg3221DBEC-15E6-4FE8-A4C7-5D347C074A8D (resized).jpeg
#11749 2 years ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Hi there guys,
Finally I got my SW PRO!! But...damn, the left outlane is hungry...the only option to adjust the screw is taking the left ramp apart?
Thanks in advance.
Regards.

search this thread for 'siamese post'. many star wars owners use one to help with the left outlane. not sure on the pro, but on the premium the ramp is not in the way of adjusting the post.

#11750 2 years ago

Hello all! Happy new owner of a Star Wars Premium. I have been having a stuck ramp issue with the Death Star fork ramp (does it occasionally, lowers normal most times). It sticks up enough to stop balls until the machine does a ball search. Machine code has been fully updated, and couldn't find much troubleshooting with a search. Any ideas?

20211209_194615 (resized).jpg20211209_194615 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/235?hl=f-2niro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.