IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 301.
#11601 2 years ago

I have my comic pro listed for $6900 modded out.

#11602 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Just heard the latest TPN podcast. Is it true the Comic Premiums are going for $12k?!? If so, there goes my chances of owning one.

I mentioned in passing a few months ago that I was thinking about selling mine and have been hit up several times to do so. All these Mando owners want the Randy Martinez Star Wars Premium Comic pin to make the “perfect pair” in their ultimate Star Wars collection. The problem is there is only around 300 Comic Premiums made. That is why the price is going nuts. It is all demand driven (no supply).

#11603 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That is why the price is going nuts. It is all demand driven (no supply).

Isn't Stern doing a run of SW Comic Premiums early next year?

#11604 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Isn't Stern doing a run of SW Comic Premiums early next year?

I haven't heard anything about Comic Premiums going back on the line. I do know some pros were made recently but I heard they were left over from a pervious run because of a part shortage of some kind. Both models are retired on the Stern Website.

#11605 2 years ago

Comics are done. Only movie pro and premiums were on the line.

#11606 2 years ago

Thanks for clarifying ... I often feel like I am the only one that likes the original art and doesn't care for the comic version ... I'm not right in the head though .

#11607 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Thanks for clarifying
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"dd2fdc6c7e45cedb3423c2c7bacc17400f68bb83-1634791185-1800"};
//]]>

... I often feel like I am the only one that likes the original art and doesn't care for the comic version ... I'm not right in the head though .

Original art is better in my opinion. I had choice of both when I bought mine and chose original art. The font on the Comic Art is whack.

#11608 2 years ago

I also prefer the og art... the game is based off the movie, not the comic.

#11609 2 years ago

Original art, no question. Gotta hand it to Stern for realizing that there was a demand for it. I don't like it at all.

#11610 2 years ago

Original or Comic Art, the game is a bloody winner.

#11611 2 years ago

I don't know... the comic art pro apron has this fine Luke staring at you whilst you play - this alone sets it far and beyond as the clear winner for best version..

OG Art is better.. obviously

luke (resized).pngluke (resized).png
#11612 2 years ago

I prefer the comic art. I feel it is more true to pinball. Pinball is all about art. I also really like the fact my Comic Premuim is worth 2k more than it's older sister.

#11613 2 years ago

Comic art is awesome!
There is plenty of nod to the move on the LCD.

#11614 2 years ago

I prefer the comic art. I feel it is more true to pinball. Pinball is all about art. I also really like the fact my Comic Premuim is worth 2k more than it's older sister.

Everything's worth 2k more than it was a couple years ago...

#11615 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I don't know... the comic art pro apron has this fine Luke staring at you whilst you play - this alone sets it far and beyond as the clear winner for best version..
OG Art is better.. obviously [quoted image]

Isn't that the piece that goes away when you install the scanner for Insider Connect?

I've got the OG art LE and very happy with the way it looks

#11616 2 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Isn't that the piece that goes away when you install the scanner for Insider Connect?

Yeah, that piece of art goes away or gets modified somehow with the new apron's Insider Connect scanner cut-out.

#11617 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, that piece of art goes away or gets modified somehow with the new apron's Insider Connect scanner cut-out.

I am ok Being an outsider not going to add that crap to my games.

#11618 2 years ago

I prefer the comic art. I feel it is more true to pinball. Pinball is all about art.

I completely understand your point of view . The original SW art has a "sort-of hand drawn over photo" feel to it though and I prefer the font used on the playfield. To each their own though ... I am not criticizing anything. I used to automatically dismiss anything that looked "Photoshopped" ... that meant that I missed out on a Tron Premium back when they were announced ... man was I pissed when I played it for the first time . I learned to not be such a bigot when it comes to pinball artwork .

I tend to marvel at the engineering of some of the unique features in games. The Rudy head in Funhouse was some amazing work. While it looks so simple, it takes some amazing talent to make something like that work reliably at a relatively low cost. The hyperloop in SW (and HS2 for that matter) is another slick piece of engineering. That kind of stuff is art to me too .

I also really like the fact my Comic Premuim is worth 2k more than it's older sister.

That's always a bonus ... and absolutely nothing wrong with liking that feature .

#11619 2 years ago

I bought the premium when they first came out. I have a DE SW, which I suppose fulfills my comic art needs. The styling of the DE SW and the Stern comic art SW are very similar.

#11620 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

. I have a DE SW, which I suppose fulfills my comic art needs. The styling of the DE SW and the Stern comic art SW are very similar.

#11621 2 years ago

Best go yet. Played as Leia, had one shot left to defeat the emperor and choked. Now young Skywalker, I will die... I'll get you next time, old man!

20211024_110358.jpg20211024_110358.jpg
#11622 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Best go yet. Played as Leia, had one shot left to defeat the emperor and choked. Now young Skywalker, I will die... I'll get you next time, old man!
[quoted image]

Holy shit man that's a serious score! Well done!

#11623 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Holy shit man that's a serious score! Well done!

Thanks, but can't believe I failed at the last hurdle! Oh well, gives me something to keep aiming for. The final shot was the Hoth ramp too, easiest in the game. Failed, I have...

#11624 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Thanks, but can't believe I failed at the last hurdle! Oh well, gives me something to keep aiming for. The final shot was the Hoth ramp too, easiest in the game. Failed, I have...

Well my high score is just under 6 billion and I've never even made it to the Emperor...

#11625 2 years ago

4.5 billion of this score was bonuses. Chose hold bonus whenever possible! And I hear you re the emperor, this is the only time I've faced him. Escape From Boba Fett usually brings me undone.

#11626 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

4.5 billion of this score was bonuses. Chose hold bonus whenever possible! And I hear you re the emperor, this is the only time I've faced him. Escape From Boba Fett usually brings me undone.

Hold bonus is huge! That's how I got my high score.

#11627 2 years ago

Okay so I am looking at getting a set of Titan rubbers for my SW premium, but I'm having an issue with ordering the right amount.

On the Titan database, I can account for all the rubbers except for 2x 3" rings.. I can't find them anywhere in the Premium manual. You guys know what these two rings are for or is this a mistake in the Titan database?

#11628 2 years ago

Okay I figured it out. The people putting the ring lists together added the two 3" rings in case the 2-1/2" rings were too small. Has anyone run into a problem with the 2-1/2" rings being too small, though?

#11629 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Okay I figured it out. The people putting the ring lists together added the two 3" rings in case the 2-1/2" rings were too small. Has anyone run into a problem with the 2-1/2" rings being too small, though?

2.5 inch is standard for modern slings. I'm not familiar with silicone rings. Maybe they aren't as elastic, so 3 inch is needed?

#11630 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to reduce the volume of the topper sounds (in specific the rotating sound - yes it is actually generated sound effect, not "rotating noise")

#11631 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Does anyone know how to reduce the volume of the topper sounds (in specific the rotating sound - yes it is actually generated sound effect, not "rotating noise")

Ohh really? Always thought it’s mechanical noise pretty sure you cant reduce it

#11632 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

i don't belive it, if you're right, conceptors are really nuts .
awfull sound

#11633 2 years ago

I don’t think I’ve see many spinner decals for this game and I thought a Han frozen in carbonite felt right.

C8AC27AD-7236-40A6-8A82-ED8F2B71F458 (resized).jpegC8AC27AD-7236-40A6-8A82-ED8F2B71F458 (resized).jpeg
273CDB3C-B856-4975-BFA6-A69C6D49FA7F (resized).jpeg273CDB3C-B856-4975-BFA6-A69C6D49FA7F (resized).jpeg

#11634 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I don’t think I’ve see many spinner decals for this game and I thought a Han frozen in carbonite felt right.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

holy cow that is nice, i always thought the factory spinner decal was lame, how did you do this?

#11635 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

holy cow that is nice, i always thought the factory spinner decal was lame, how did you do this?

I made them with a printer and vinyl cutting machine. Printable adhesive backed paper and a layer of mylar on top. You don't need the vinyl cutter.. scissors would do just fine...

here are the images I used - final dimensions need to be 23.5mm wide x 30 mm tall

Han spinner (resized).pngHan spinner (resized).pngcarbonite chamber spinner (resized).pngcarbonite chamber spinner (resized).png
#11636 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I made them with a printer and vinyl cutting machine. Printable adhesive backed paper and a layer of mylar on top. You don't need the vinyl cutter.. scissors would do just fine...
here are the images I used - final dimensions need to be 23.5mm wide x 30 mm tall[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome idea!!! Looks really cool! Well done

#11637 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

HYPERSPACE MULTIBALL GLITCH
I posted about this issue a while back, but it remains unresolved. In hyperspace multiball, once a second ball enters the hyperloop, my machine does not kick out a third ball onto the playfield as intended. I just have to wait for the hyperloop to time out and the 2 balls return to the playfield. All other multiball modes work fine.
Since first posting about it, 2 people have messaged me to say they have the same glitch on their premium.
I've emailed Stern about this today, as my local distributor had no ideas. Guess I'm just wondering how many people here have experienced this glitch. Is it common? Has anyone solved it?
Thanks!

I flashed an SD card with the game code and still have the problem. If you go into test mode and run the hyperspace test, does it always show the number of balls being one less than it really is? One ball says 0, two balls say 1, etc. My theory is when you get 2 balls in the loop it thinks there’s one so it doesn’t kick out another. You can prove this by starting a game (glass off) and start the multi ball. Have an extra ball in hand. Get two balls in the loop, and now add your extra one. The game will now launch another ball. Put that one in the loop and it will launch another

#11638 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I flashed an SD card with the game code and still have the problem. If you go into test mode and run the hyperspace test, does it always show the number of balls being one less than it really is? One ball says 0, two balls say 1, etc. My theory is when you get 2 balls in the loop it thinks there’s one so it doesn’t kick out another. You can prove this by starting a game (glass off) and start the multi ball. Have an extra ball in hand. Get two balls in the loop, and now add your extra one. The game will now launch another ball. Put that one in the loop and it will launch another

Confirmed on my game as well. Test shows a ball less than there is.

#11639 2 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Confirmed on my game as well. Test shows a ball less than there is.

Would be curious to know if the count is correct on a game that doesn’t have the bug or they’re all like this. It does the backward count correctly from 5, and works with multiple balls. Can’t help but think there’s a switch somewhere affecting this. Ball trough optos seem fine.

#11640 2 years ago

So I learned the hard way tonight about the automatic reset high scores feature. Every high score other than my GC is now deleted, days after I finally beat the jedi multiball high score. It was set to delete scores automatically after 2000 plays. Default setting! Fair warning to anyone else that didn't know that yet!

#11641 2 years ago

Joined the club today, very happy. Premium version

So now on to the questions :
- is there some alternate nice OST rom out there?
- I've seen a Guardians of the Galaxy with yellow convolux and it looked absolutely gorgeous. Makes me want to install in my SW, however given that GI is dual color, kind of wonder what color would be best suited. Any advice? Did anyone try frosted white convolux?

Regards

#11642 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Joined the club today, very happy. Premium version
So now on to the questions :
- is there some alternate nice OST rom out there?
- I've seen a Guardians of the Galaxy with yellow convolux and it looked absolutely gorgeous. Makes me want to install in my SW, however given that GI is dual color, kind of wonder what color would be best suited. Any advice? Did anyone try frosted white convolux?
Regards

- Yes there are some alternate versions out there. Wouldn't call them nice necessarily as it's a personal choice - the one I tried I didn't like because of some weird SW fan music inserted instead of all John Williams. Any any case good luck finding one. Probably way easier to just make your own.
- It's actually 3 colored GI. Red, Blue, and Cool White. Personally I really doubt yellow would work well given the palette of the game artwork, It's space, cold, very black & white like the SW universe.

#11643 2 years ago

OK, played quite a few games. I'm very bad at it

The mystery scoop eject especially is a killer for me, more often than not it shoots straight down the drain.

I looked at the mechs, don't quite see how to adjust the eject trajectory

Any advice?

Regards

#11644 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

The mystery scoop eject especially is a killer for me, more often than not it shoots straight down the drain.
Any advice?
Regards

It's been covered in the thread multiple times so I'd recommend a search for more specifics but in a nutshell; change the eject power in the settings up or down depending on what flipper you want it to hit upon eject.

#11645 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Any advice?
Regards

There's also a ball save feature that you can turn on for that eject.

#11646 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's been covered in the thread multiple times so I'd recommend a search for more specifics but in a nutshell; change the eject power in the settings up or down depending on what flipper you want it to hit upon eject.

Thanks, must admit I did not search the thread... I'll look into it

Regards

#11647 2 years ago

Does anybody have a photo of the lightsaber armor installed? These seems kinda cool but at the same time they block a lot of the cabinet art.

#11648 2 years ago

OK, me again...

Having some detection issue at the death star entrance. Sometime the ball enter the hyperloop but is not triggering either the mode start nor they hyperspeed magnet when applicable, yet is on the ramp so it goes down and balance left and right on the ramp until it falls.

Yes I did a search... But could not find something relevant, at least not with the search term I used

Has anyone encountered this issue ?

#11649 2 years ago

Does anybody have a photo of the lightsaber armor installed? These seems kinda cool but at the same time they block a lot of the cabinet art.

Not stock, but gives you an idea.

66356A1B-25BD-4CE5-AAF9-35487AA0A02A (resized).jpeg66356A1B-25BD-4CE5-AAF9-35487AA0A02A (resized).jpeg8CAAFE81-BBDE-4EE6-9C62-4A42C231E389 (resized).jpeg8CAAFE81-BBDE-4EE6-9C62-4A42C231E389 (resized).jpeg
#11650 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

So I learned the hard way tonight about the automatic reset high scores feature. Every high score other than my GC is now deleted, days after I finally beat the jedi multiball high score. It was set to delete scores automatically after 2000 plays. Default setting! Fair warning to anyone else that didn't know that yet!

I didn't know about that option. Might have been included in the new code, thanks for the heads up. I just set it to OFF, all good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/233?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.