20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 300.
#11551 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Just got myself a SW... the shaker is quite severe on this game, and shakes the glass a lot. What are you all doing with regards softening the glass vibration when using a shaker??
Thank you

My shaker doesn't shake enough if you ask me But if it's running too hot there should be a setting under "Standard Features" I believe that you can lower the intensity with. Are you using a standard Stern shaker?

#11552 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

My shaker doesn't shake enough if you ask me But if it's running too hot there should be a setting under "Standard Features" I believe that you can lower the intensity with. Are you using a standard Stern shaker?

Yep, Stern shaker. I did lower something, but I didn't think it was "intensity". I will go check for the word intensity.
Thank you

#11553 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Yep, Stern shaker. I did lower something, but I didn't think it was "intensity". I will go check for the word intensity.
Thank you

Search the forum for ‘rattle tape’ and you’ll get several ideas on how people apply it and where to get it! Works great on my SW pro and AIQ, and much better than reducing the shaker power. I think anyway!

#11554 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

The only option I could find is Shaker Motor Optional and I changed to Minimal Use. Makes no difference for me. Can you let me know where you find the "intensity" with a #?
Thank you

#11555 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

The only option I could find is Shaker Motor Optional and I changed to Minimal Use. Makes no difference for me. Can you let me know where you find the "intensity" with a #?
Thank you

No intensity setting. Just minimal, moderate and maxium. You can change the intensity by playing with the position of the weights on the motor. I've never done it, but I believe there are threads with pics and such showing the process.

#11556 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Thank you

Sorry. That was all from memory. There is not an intensity setting, just the setting you already found. Sorry for sending you on a goose chase.

#11557 2 years ago

The Stern shaker is violent compared to the Pinball Life one.

#11558 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

^^agree.
For me, I usually get and have been happy with the Pinball Life shakers on my machines.

#11559 2 years ago

HYPERSPACE MULTIBALL GLITCH

I posted about this issue a while back, but it remains unresolved. In hyperspace multiball, once a second ball enters the hyperloop, my machine does not kick out a third ball onto the playfield as intended. I just have to wait for the hyperloop to time out and the 2 balls return to the playfield. All other multiball modes work fine.

Since first posting about it, 2 people have messaged me to say they have the same glitch on their premium.

I've emailed Stern about this today, as my local distributor had no ideas. Guess I'm just wondering how many people here have experienced this glitch. Is it common? Has anyone solved it?

Thanks!

#11560 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Dwight said there were no plans to update the code. That was before Stern Insider though. Really wish we could get one more update...Midnight Madness!

Thats not good, the game feels so unfinished

#11561 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Search the forum for ‘rattle tape’ and you’ll get several ideas on how people apply it and where to get it! Works great on my SW pro and AIQ, and much better than reducing the shaker power. I think anyway!

Thank you. I went with some tape on pinballpro.
Thanks again

#11562 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I actually sold my stern shaker i had put in
my comic pro and installed the pinball
life model.
Way better.

#11563 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

HYPERSPACE MULTIBALL GLITCH
I posted about this issue a while back, but it remains unresolved. In hyperspace multiball, once a second ball enters the hyperloop, my machine does not kick out a third ball onto the playfield as intended. I just have to wait for the hyperloop to time out and the 2 balls return to the playfield. All other multiball modes work fine.
Since first posting about it, 2 people have messaged me to say they have the same glitch on their premium.
I've emailed Stern about this today, as my local distributor had no ideas. Guess I'm just wondering how many people here have experienced this glitch. Is it common? Has anyone solved it?
Thanks!

I'm sure you tested this, but just asking... Are you sure you got the second ball up there in the time frame allotted to get balls into the hyperspace loop? Meaning, there is a finite time to get balls into the loop, after which time you have to wait till the ball cycles through and releases the ball from the loop back onto the play field and the hyperspace multi-ball lasts until all but one ball is drained.
This time frame to get balls into the hyperspace loop can be increased by hitting the yellow arrow inserts at the right ramp or left orbit. Some will take that second ball that comes out and immediately hit the right ramp or orbit to increase the time, and then aim for the hyperspace loop.
I'm sure you did, but just asking, did you test this with the glass off? Once you got into hyperspace multiball, did you get another ball immediately up into the hyperspace loop, and if so, and no third ball comes out, yes that's a problem. If that were the case, my guess would be that the problem would be there within the ramp / death Star mechanism at the area of its switch/opto not recognizing another ball coming in, and that switch/opto might just need to be adjusted a little bit.
I have not disassembled that mechanism under the death Star, so I'm not sure if it is a switch or an opto, but I am sure someone in this forum can chime in, but I bet its that switch / opto that needs to just be adjusted a little bit so that it more reliably recognizes/registers balls entering.
Please keep us posted!

#11564 2 years ago

Thanks for the reply, yes, the second ball enters the loop within the allowed time. Sometimes I have to wait 20 seconds or so while they both spin around the loop, until they're released back into play, during which time a 3rd ball is not launched.

With the glass off, I have managed to trigger a third ball once, but it's inconsistent. Probably works 20 percent of the time.

Any advice on fixing that particular switch or sensor would be great if anyone has done this before. Thanks again.

#11565 2 years ago

Thought this would be a good place to ask. If we ran the LE lighting kit again how many people would be interested?
This is for LE owners only being its for the LE rails (EL panels kit no metal armor included).
Email me at [email protected]
Just looking for a rough headcount. Tell a friend!

Pictures are still on our site along with the install vid.
Hookedonpinball.com

20171102_222337_resized (resized).jpg20171102_222337_resized (resized).jpgsw el panel rt side final (resized).jpgsw el panel rt side final (resized).jpg
#11566 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Thought this would be a good place to ask. If we ran the LE lighting kit again how many people would be interested?
This is for LE owners only being its for the LE rails (EL panels kit no metal armor included).
Hookedonpinball.com
[quoted image][quoted image]

Me

#11567 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hookedonpinball.com

Would be great if you made the armor too!
Doesn’t have to be exact stamping/cut of original but same look would work!
Maybe no loli pop

#11568 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hookedonpinball.com

I highly recommend this mod, I love it on mine. I placed my SW at the end of my lineup just so you could see it better. Just an install note, unless things have changed, your install must be exactly spot on to the holes on the rail because there's like zero excess lighted material. Not a big deal because you can reposition as needed but it did take a bit to get it just right.

#11569 2 years ago

If anyone is interested, I will be selling the Stern Storm Trooper shooter rod accessory. It came on the game I purchased and I am replacing it with a different shooter rod. It looks great/as new (will get a pic later).

$80 shipped in the US48.

This will only be the rod, not the whole housing.

Stern link for reference:
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/star-wars-shooter-knob

#11570 2 years ago

I’ve had this Han Solo in Carbonite for a while (it came with a watch I purchased) and I’d love to put it somewhere on our Comic Art Prem, but no idea where or how to secure it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

B253BEBD-899A-4E99-AF80-D8C10DF6F075 (resized).jpegB253BEBD-899A-4E99-AF80-D8C10DF6F075 (resized).jpeg
#11571 2 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

I’ve had this Han Solo in Carbonite for a while (it came with a watch I purchased) and I’d love to put it somewhere on our Comic Art Prem, but no idea where or how to secure it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
[quoted image]

If you drill the hole in the corner, that would be a pretty awesome keychain for the coindoor...

#11572 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hookedonpinball.com

As a new premium owner that was lucky enough to acquire a set of these a month before the game shipped, I would definitely be interested!! Count me in!!

#11573 2 years ago

Hey all, just got my game back from friend I had swapped with for awhile and noticed the plastic on the left ramp had snapped off it appears. I haven't been able to locate this part anywhere but without it just constant ball rejects on the left ramp as it hits the remaining piece of plastic behind it. If anyone knows source to obtain this? Attached picture for reference. I contacted Stern but haven't heard back yet. Thanks in advance!

InkedStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-08sm_LI (resized).jpgInkedStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-08sm_LI (resized).jpg
#11574 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hey all, just got my game back from friend I had swapped with for awhile and noticed the plastic on the left ramp had snapped off it appears. I haven't been able to locate this part anywhere but without it just constant ball rejects on the left ramp as it hits the remaining piece of plastic behind it. If anyone knows source to obtain this? Attached picture for reference. I contacted Stern but haven't heard back yet. Thanks in advance![quoted image]

I'd send Stern a weekly email until they respond. Be courteous and patient and they will take care of you.

#11575 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hey all, just got my game back from friend I had swapped with for awhile and noticed the plastic on the left ramp had snapped off it appears. I haven't been able to locate this part anywhere but without it just constant ball rejects on the left ramp as it hits the remaining piece of plastic behind it. If anyone knows source to obtain this? Attached picture for reference. I contacted Stern but haven't heard back yet. Thanks in advance![quoted image]

Have you looked at marcopinball.com by chance?

They have a ton of replacement parts for just about anything. For Star Wars it's about 24 pages worth. When I thought I ruined my small LCD screen I looked there and they have them (luckily mine just needed to re-check the connections and it fired back up) and all sorts of other items. Might be a good option...

#11577 2 years ago
Quoted from BluntManGuy:

Have you looked at marcopinball.com by chance?

They have a ton of replacement parts for just about anything. For Star Wars it's about 24 pages worth. When I thought I ruined my small LCD screen I looked there and they have them (luckily mine just needed to re-check the connections and it fired back up) and all sorts of other items. Might be a good option...

Ya no luck, found the right ramp piece but not the one I need. Response from Stern was I had to contact a distributor and buy a full plastic set through them. If anyone finds the one/two plastics I need please let me know.

#11578 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya no luck, found the right ramp piece but not the one I need. Response from Stern was I had to contact a distributor and buy a full plastic set through them. If anyone finds the one/two plastics I need please let me know.

I imagine a premium owner could remove that piece and trace it out for you to have a replacement cut. It's a clear one. Or you could likely pull yours and trace it and fill in the blanks and have one cut out. Jigsaw and a drill, then sand the edges.

#11579 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I imagine a premium owner could remove that piece and trace it out for you to have a replacement cut. It's a clear one. Or you could likely pull yours and trace it and fill in the blanks and have one cut out. Jigsaw and a drill, then sand the edges.

Mine is busted, I don't even have the pieces of it. I'm all for it if someone has an idea or a way to do it.

#11580 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Mine is busted, I don't even have the pieces of it. I'm all for it if someone has an idea or a way to do it.

Looks like a pretty straightforward piece. Rectangle-ish with tabs to attach at certain points.

#11581 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hookedonpinball.com

Me

#11582 2 years ago

Broken is your pin after lend it you did.

#11583 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Looks like a pretty straightforward piece. Rectangle-ish with tabs to attach at certain points.

Even if it’s not exactly like the original you should be able to cut something that would get you up and running.

#11584 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Use a piece of paper or cardboard to make a template.

#11585 2 years ago

#11586 2 years ago

I gotta give a couple of Pinside members props for their mods!! I highly recommend both and super inexpensive, easy to install and my only regret is not getting them sooner...

Does it drive you crazy like it did me whenever the ball was anywhere near the left outlane, you could almost guarantee that it would drain? Not anymore. It doesn't prevent left outlane drains completely, but reduces the frequency dramatically.

John_I and Space Coast Pinball with his left outlane 'corrector'.
20211008_231344 (resized).jpg20211008_231344 (resized).jpg
20211008_231421 (resized).jpg20211008_231421 (resized).jpg

Me personally, I like the mods. Anything that lights up and all "flashy", sign me up. Below is exactly what I didn't know I needed...and now I couldn't imagine how 'bare' it was prior.

SkyKing2301 and Rocket City Pinball with his Start Button and Coin Reject Buttons
20211008_231558 (resized).jpg20211008_231558 (resized).jpg
20211008_231624 (resized).jpg20211008_231624 (resized).jpg
20211008_231648 (resized).jpg20211008_231648 (resized).jpg

Both were really quick with shipping and I couldn't be happier!! Thanks guys!!

#11587 2 years ago
Quoted from BluntManGuy:

Does it drive you crazy like it did me whenever the ball was anywhere near the left outlane, you could almost guarantee that it would drain? Not anymore. It doesn't prevent left outlane drains completely, but reduces the frequency dramatically.
John_I and Space Coast Pinball with his left outlane 'corrector'.

It’s totally a personal thing but I disagree with the idea of the “corrector” as you call it. I’ve left the outlane post at the factory setting and my audits show that both outlanes are about the same as far as drains go.

My game is at 6.5 degrees and perfectly level.

I have other games that are way worse for outlanes like STTNG and MMr.

#11588 2 years ago

Does anyone want a set of Stern art blades? I just installed a set and have the 4 left over. I’d sell these four for $40 if you’re interested.

72128C57-D80F-40A6-8FF1-835F337E584E (resized).jpeg72128C57-D80F-40A6-8FF1-835F337E584E (resized).jpegA30F70F1-4435-4DE2-89AC-C47BDE15F1C1 (resized).jpegA30F70F1-4435-4DE2-89AC-C47BDE15F1C1 (resized).jpeg
#11589 2 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Does anyone want a set of Stern art blades? I just installed a set and have the 4 left over. I’d sell these four for $40 if you’re interested.

PM sent

#11590 2 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

These the sticky ones or need screws?

#11591 2 years ago

I find myself finishing all of the mini-wizard modes by ball 2 recently. If you play R2, though, there really is almost nothing to do other than hack away at trying to hit the standups to get up your jedi. I think they should reset the modes when you compete them all, or give you SOMETHING other than trying to collect jedi. It's honestly starting to frustrate me a bit.

#11592 2 years ago

My premium "may the force be with you" ball save gate isn't opening at this point.

The mech seems to work manually. It's fails coil test and will not move but it does Any ideas?

#11593 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

My premium "may the force be with you" ball save gate isn't opening at this point.

I have had this problem before. Two things to try. First, see if the torx screw at the pivot point of the gate (topside) is loose. Just give it a tighten. If that doesn't work, take a look at this post from a while back:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/97#post-4432011

I did the latter, and have had no issues since. Good luck!!

#11594 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:My premium "may the force be with you" ball save gate isn't opening at this point.
The mech seems to work manually. It's fails coil test and will not move but it does Any ideas?

You could try adjusting #10 too. Mine would flutter and stick, adjusting this worked for me.

c06bda824fa0e81c55b22ea10b3fa9a14c87fda1 (resized).jpgc06bda824fa0e81c55b22ea10b3fa9a14c87fda1 (resized).jpg
#11595 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

So WTF is the verdict?

#11596 2 years ago

If it failed the coil test.....

#11597 2 years ago

Anyone have an issue with the Death Star not closing correctly after it opens? Mine keeps miss aligning and staying just cracked opened showing light … have to remove glass and give it a nudge to close … any ideas?

#11598 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Anyone have an issue with the Death Star not closing correctly after it opens? Mine keeps miss aligning and staying just cracked opened showing light … have to remove glass and give it a nudge to close … any ideas?

Yes, this occurs every now and again on my machine too. On a few occasions I've had to slide the glass down to close it. Though if I keep playing after it hasn't fully closed and I get into a MB mode then with all the commotion it eventually closes back up.

#11599 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Anyone have an issue with the Death Star not closing correctly after it opens?

Never had that issue, but occasionally the ball gets stuck on the top of the door (when down) if it was a weak shot into the Death Star. I have to wait for the "missing ball" routine to cycle to clear it.

#11600 2 years ago

Just heard the latest TPN podcast. Is it true the Comic Premiums are going for $12k?!? If so, there goes my chances of owning one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ashburn, VA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.