SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 302.
#11501 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Are we gonna get anothwr update on the code or is it done?

Dwight said there were no plans to update the code. That was before Stern Insider though. Really wish we could get one more update...Midnight Madness!

#11502 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

It looks like some kind of very thin grease.

For situations like this, I'd use silicone paste instead of grease. Grease is organic and breaks down over time. It tends to become a nasty solid.

Silicone paste will last almost forever .

I first started to use this stuff on brake caliper pins on my cars ... it's frigging awesome.

In terms of pinball, I recently used it sparingly on a flipper button that seemed to have a bit more friction that the other ... it worked great after that. I like to add a *tiny* dab of it on spinners too. And I mean "tiny" ... lubricants in pinball machines are a big no-no (using them on flippers is idiotic ... all of that coil dust + any kind of lubricant will create a sludge that you'll be cursing for years ). It's also great for things like gears in motors. It takes a LOT longer for it to break down compared to regular grease.

Again, don't go piling this stuff onto drop targets! Use little dabs on the head of something like a toothpick, apply it to the drop target, and use a smaller paintbrush to cover the surface you wish to cover. A little bit of this stuff goes a very long way. You'll also find other uses for it once you are addicted to it . Just *never* use it on flippers or coils (that's common pinball knowledge though).

https://www.amazon.com/3M-08946-Clear-Silicone-Paste/dp/B005RNEH5O/ref=sr_1_3

#11503 2 years ago

Hi All
Just picked up a NIB Prem. Loving it!
I'm hitting the Death Star ramp, the ball shoots up there, but quite often drops back out (I’m guessing there’s a 180 degree loop within the Death Star). Is there any adjustments to need to make within the Death Star ramp or 180 degree loop, or is it what it is?? I know shoot better .
Thanks in advance.
Regards Darren

#11504 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
I'm hitting the Death Star ramp, the ball shoots up there, but quite often drops back out (I’m guessing there’s a 180 degree loop within the Death Star). Is there any adjustments to need to make within the Death Star ramp or 180 degree loop, or is it what it is?? I know shoot better .
Thanks in advance.
Regards Darren

Just make sure the fork ramp is perfectly straight and the game is side to side level. There is no setting to make the shot easier. Any adjustments made will need to be with the actual hardware.

#11505 2 years ago

Wrong thread

#11506 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Played two different LE’s and was not impressed with either as far as game play ,
beautiful mirrored back glass though!
Nothing lacking on my pro it’s kick as fast and enjoy the non rotating upper playfield with single flipper! It’s like playing with one hand tied behind your back. Very challenging .

Wrong thread dude… you are talking mando. This is the SW thread lol.

#11507 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Nothing lacking on my pro it’s kick as fast and enjoy the non rotating upper playfield with single flipper! It’s like playing with one hand tied behind your back. Very challenging .

Uh... are you referring to Mandalorian???

#11508 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Uh... are you referring to Mandalorian???

My bad

#11509 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just make sure the fork ramp is perfectly straight and the game is side to side level. There is no setting to make the shot easier. Any adjustments made will need to be with the actual hardware.

Thank you. I will check the side to side level again. Yep, I was referring to hardware adjustments more than anything in software.
Thanks again for the tip.

#11510 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Thanks in advance.
Regards Darren

also your game might be too steep.. try bringing it down a bit

#11511 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

For situations like this, I'd use silicone paste instead of grease. Grease is organic and breaks down over time. It tends to become a nasty solid.
Silicone paste will last almost forever
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"df2a2e853707f95d59f1dc9f2987fa2e7c3d48b7-1632788502-1800"};
//]]>

I first started to use this stuff on brake caliper pins on my cars ... it's frigging awesome.
In terms of pinball, I recently used it sparingly on a flipper button that seemed to have a bit more friction that the other ... it worked great after that. I like to add a *tiny* dab of it on spinners too. And I mean "tiny" ... lubricants in pinball machines are a big no-no (using them on flippers is idiotic ... all of that coil dust + any kind of lubricant will create a sludge that you'll be cursing for years ). It's also great for things like gears in motors. It takes a LOT longer for it to break down compared to regular grease.
Again, don't go piling this stuff onto drop targets! Use little dabs on the head of something like a toothpick, apply it to the drop target, and use a smaller paintbrush to cover the surface you wish to cover. A little bit of this stuff goes a very long way. You'll also find other uses for it once you are addicted to it . Just *never* use it on flippers or coils (that's common pinball knowledge though).
amazon.com link »

Thanks man, I used that link you added and got myself some. I'll ensure to place just a thin amount to the back of the drop targets. The stuff on the back of the NIB drops that I noticed did look more like a thin paste than a grease, I think it'll help a lot, so thanks again for the rec!!

#11512 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I took a look through the forum comments on painting that tab, and I found some examples. Looks like I'll be taking my targets down and doing that, as I had neglected to do that before. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

Can you provide the link to where in the forums please? Thx!!!

#11513 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Dwight said there were no plans to update the code. That was before Stern Insider though. Really wish we could get one more update...Midnight Madness!

There are still bugs. I sure hope he plans on fixing them and not abandoning it.

#11514 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

A similar thing happened to Dead Flip a few months back also on the PRO, here's the link starting from 1:16min in. He enters Escape from Tatooinie MB, starts the HS hurry-up, then starts TF MB, then starts HS MB. The ball gets stuck at around the 1:17min mark.

So, tonight I tried to recreate this bug in 1.10. It seems very particular. I entered Escape from Tatooine, then started Tie Fighter mb and could not get Hyperspace hurry up going at all. Tie Fighter locks it out.

OK, start over. Start Escape from Tatooine, get the first shot of Hyperspace hurryup (2nd one that leads to multiball), then start Tie Fighter mb (before collecting the Hyperspace mb), then shoot they Deathstar shot to lock the Hyperspace mb ball. Then that ball is never coming out until all others drain.

I tried the same combo with Destroy the Deathstar mini wiz mode and as soon as Tie Fighter mb starts, the previously blinking hyperspace hurry up that had already started, went away.

So, I think this MAY be a bug that only happens when these particular circumstances happen on top of Escape from Tatooine or it's subsequent Victory mb.

Gonna test more tomorrow. I'm wiped.

EDIT: This is a Pro. I don't believe the Prem/LE has this issue since it eventually would kick out of the Hyperspace loop, but not sure.

#11515 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

So, tonight I tried to recreate this bug in 1.10. It seems very particular. I entered Escape from Tatooine, then started Tie Fighter mb and could not get Hyperspace hurry up going at all. Tie Fighter locks it out.
OK, start over. Start Escape from Tatooine, get the first shot of Hyperspace hurryup (2nd one that leads to multiball), then start Tie Fighter mb (before collecting the Hyperspace mb), then shoot they Deathstar shot to lock the Hyperspace mb ball. Then that ball is never coming out until all others drain.
I tried the same combo with Destroy the Deathstar mini wiz mode and as soon as Tie Fighter mb starts, the previously blinking hyperspace hurry up that had already started, went away.
So, I think this MAY be a bug that only happens when these particular circumstances happen on top of Escape from Tatooine or it's subsequent Victory mb.
Gonna test more tomorrow. I'm wiped.
EDIT: This is a Pro. I don't believe the Prem/LE has this issue since it eventually would kick out of the Hyperspace loop, but not sure.

Thanks for doing this. Xaqery is it possible to look into this for the next and possibly final update? Aaaaannnd Midnight Madness!

#11516 2 years ago
Quoted from DBP99:

Can you provide the link to where in the forums please? Thx!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-light-up-drop-targets-for-ghostbusters#post-5582507

This was a very nice thread that a fellow pinsider made when doing a clear drop on his Ghostbusters. He took some very nice pictures and it shows that tab that was spoken of that needs to be made opaque for the opto.

#11517 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-light-up-drop-targets-for-ghostbusters#post-5582507
This was a very nice thread that a fellow pinsider made when doing a clear drop on his Ghostbusters. He took some very nice pictures and it shows that tab that was spoken of that needs to be made opaque for the opto.

great find - thanks for the share - those are a no brainer on Ghostbusters - Where have people found replacement drop target decals for Star Wars?

#11518 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

great find - thanks for the share - those are a no brainer on Ghostbusters - Where have people found replacement drop target decals for Star Wars?

I couldn't find any so I was very careful when I took mine off to reattach to my translucent drops... I carefully lifted them using a razor blade and made sure not to crease the decal then I applied Elmer's craft glue stick to cover the entire backing placed and let dry overnight... Worked like a charm looks like factory

20210912_122837 (resized).jpg20210912_122837 (resized).jpg
#11519 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I would hope/assume the goodie bag has a spare set. Not really a help on a second hand game where the owner didn't hang onto that stuff.

#11520 2 years ago

I would hope/assume the goodie bag has a spare set. Not really a help on a second hand game where the owner didn't hang onto that stuff.

My NIB didn't have them

#11521 2 years ago

Are we gonna get some more video clips or more modes or is it dead ?

#11522 2 years ago

Nope. Lots of spare plastics though. So many keyfobs too.

#11523 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Nope. Lots of spare plastics though. So many keyfobs too.

Dang. The goodie bag is in the one I just picked up, but haven't looked through everything. Just figured they would be there since other games I've gotten new had target decals.

#11524 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I had to order an entire decal set from Stern.

#11525 2 years ago

I may take a crack at scanning them and printing some new ones

#11526 2 years ago

That bites. Seems they should offer the common needed ones in smaller sets. I would like to replace the back panel decal on my Spidey because the incandescent bulbs burned it pretty bad. But, I don't wanna buy a $50 sheet for one sticker.

#11527 2 years ago

Thanks for doing this. Xaqery is it possible to look into this for the next and possibly final update? Aaaaannnd Midnight Madness!

Did another test tonight. Picked R2 this time and tried the Tatooine Escape steps that result in the Hyperspace bug. When I got to the Tie Fighter part, it killed the Hyperspace hurry up and the bug couldn't occur.

I'm thinking this may be a Leia with Tatooine only bug. Like when you pick her and go to Escape Tatooine, the rule where Tie Fighter is supposed to lock out Hyperspace isn't working.

Would be great if another pro owner could confirm. Maybe if we nail it down to exact cause, they can fix it quickly.

#11528 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

My NIB didn't have them

Yeah mine didn't either. Had to do what you did...got an exacto knife and carefully peeled them off the original drop targets. Fortunately they came off pretty easy and still had plenty of stick to them...now to disassemble and put that paint on those tabs...

#11529 2 years ago

Pro owner here, I typically use Luke. I’m fairly certain this will work with any character.
Finish a mode with Tie Fighter MB going. While in victory MB, activate hyperspace MB. The hyperspace ball locks and can’t release until last ball drains, it appears to be a bug in the code.

#11530 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Pro owner here, I typically use Luke. I’m fairly certain this will work with any character.
Finish a mode with Tie Fighter MB going. While in victory MB, activate hyperspace MB. The hyperspace ball locks and can’t release until last ball drains, it appears to be a bug in the code.

From my testing if Tie Fighter is going, Hyperspace is locked out.

#11531 2 years ago

just put black superbands on my flippers and wow what a difference! they have a 'grip' to them that makes my shots more accurate! now to replace the coil stops and sleeves.

#11532 2 years ago

Dwight asked for specific steps and I sent him this:

Ok I was just able to recreate the bug 1st try.

1. Choose any character (I chose Luke) and start a game.

2. Collect one Hyperspace Hurry-up.

3. Get close to Tie Fighter Multiball (say about 30).

4. Start Escape from Tatooine mini wizard mode.

5. Start the hyperspace hurryup but do not collect it yet. (This step took me some time as I don't know what lights the Hyperspace Hurry-up...I just kept throwing the ball around)

6. Start Tie Fighter Multiball.

7. Collect Hyperspace Hurry-up. Hyperspace Multiball will start. (Now that ball is locked and cannot be released until every other ball drains and it is the only ball left in play).

Hopefully he can squash this bug!

P.S. He did say Midnight Madness wasn't going to happen and that any future updates (if any) would most likely be limited to bug fixes. But hey, the game is damn near perfect as is!

#11533 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

SW pro owners. I was watching a Deadflip recording on YouTube (it was the Star Wars Pinball v. 1.05) I will be referring to about 1:17 into the video:
On a SW Pro, he started Tatooine multi-ball and started Tie-Fighter MB for a double stack. Then he hit both Hyperpace hurry up and Hyperspace MB within that for a triple MB stack. Next he achieved Victory multi-ball out of Tatooine MB, eventually got down to one ball locked in Hyperspace lock, and one ball on the playfield but the MB mode continued. The ball locked in hyperspace lock would not release. Once playfield ball drained, then the hyperspace locked released and normal play finally resumed.
Has anyone else experienced this and is it a 'glitch' or intentional? Has this situation been addressed prior?

I asked about this in post 10184 awhile back and referenced Jack’s video as well

#11534 2 years ago

Dwight asked for specific steps and I sent him this:
Ok I was just able to recreate the bug 1st try.
1. Choose any character (I chose Luke) and start a game.
2. Collect one Hyperspace Hurry-up.
3. Get close to Tie Fighter Multiball (say about 30).
4. Start Escape from Tatooine mini wizard mode.
5. Start the hyperspace hurryup but do not collect it yet. (This step took me some time as I don't know what lights the Hyperspace Hurry-up...I just kept throwing the ball around)
6. Start Tie Fighter Multiball.
7. Collect Hyperspace Hurry-up. Hyperspace Multiball will start. (Now that ball is locked and cannot be released until every other ball drains and it is the only ball left in play).
Hopefully he can squash this bug!
P.S. He did say Midnight Madness wasn't going to happen and that any future updates (if any) would most likely be limited to bug fixes. But hey, the game is damn near perfect as is!

Awesome. I was planning on bringing it up to Corey. He also worked on the game code and is local to me. I must've messed up the steps in my R2 test, last night. And getting enough in/out lane rollovers is how you start Hyperspace.

I'm sure Disney is what is killing the Midnight Madness dream. I'm sure someone has the last code with it on there if you wanted to swap SD cards and take it for a spin every now and then, lol.

#11535 2 years ago

What is Midnight Madness???

#11536 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I'm pretty sure it was a special multiball round that kicked off when the pinball machine's clock hit midnight. It had images of the cantina band from what I recall. I would bet that Disney, or whoever is in charge of asset approval, had something to do with it being removed.

#11537 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Sweet ass mode that Dwight sometimes programs into his pins. At midnight in real time the game stops, balls drain, Midnight Madness Multiball mode begins! Was in earlier code (pre 1.0).

#11538 2 years ago

Sweet ass mode that Dwight sometimes programs into his pins. At midnight in real time the game stops, balls drain, Midnight Madness Multiball mode begins! Was in earlier code (pre 1.0).

Does anyone have a copy of that code with Midnight Madness?

#11539 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Does anyone have a copy of that code with Midnight Madness?

Need to be careful with old code as one of the early versions of code was taking out node boards if I remember correctly. I am sure it's in this thread somewhere. I don't remember/know how many versions of the code had Midnight Madness. What's weird is that I am pretty sure Midnight Madness Champion is still listed in the game (if not now it was in a recent version).

#11540 2 years ago

While I'm disappointed to hear that we're unlikely to see a polish patch in the future, if Dwight does intend to delve into the code one last time to fix the HS ball lock bug I'd love if he had a tiny bit more time to consider addressing the following:

Remove the Hoth3 (R2-D2) left loop hurry-up reset exploit and consider doing the same for DS4.

The last shot in Endor's mini-wizard mode ignores your shot value that you have built up in the mode and awards only the points for the first shot of Victory MB.

Minor lighting fixes, for instance the intro to Jedi MB: the right ride isn't lit blue. Stacking missions T2 & H3 as R2-D2 when both left loop shots are on a hurry-up only the blue light is shown, the orange is missing.

Better use of the Millennium Falcon's engine light on Premium/LE, such as during Video mode when you use the action button it should flash. Currently the MF simply doesn't interact with the game (if it does, it's very hard to see as the left sling's spotlight shine directly behind it).

And finally, improve the scoring in some low scoring missions, for instance DS3 and T3, as the points discrepancy is massive when compared to some missions like DS1.

#11541 2 years ago

50:35 approximately

#11542 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

While I'm disappointed to hear that we're unlikely to see a polish patch in the future, if Dwight does intend to delve into the code one last time to fix the HS ball lock bug I'd love if he had a tiny bit more time to consider addressing the following:
Remove the Hoth3 (R2-D2) left loop hurry-up reset exploit and consider doing the same for DS4.
The last shot in Endor's mini-wizard mode ignores your shot value that you have built up in the mode and awards only the points for the first shot of Victory MB.
Minor lighting fixes, for instance the intro to Jedi MB: the right ride isn't lit blue. Stacking missions T2 & H3 as R2-D2 when both left loop shots are on a hurry-up only the blue light is shown, the orange is missing.
Better use of the Millennium Falcon's engine light on Premium/LE, such as during Video mode when you use the action button it should flash. Currently the MF simply doesn't interact with the game (if it does, it's very hard to see as the left sling's spotlight shine directly behind it).
And finally, improve the scoring in some low scoring missions, for instance DS3 and T3, as the points discrepancy is massive when compared to some missions like DS1.

Shoot this info to Dwight, if you haven't. Good specific info you have there.

#11543 2 years ago

50:35 approximately

That is freaking awesome. The main video, the small LCD video, the light show, all of it. Shame that it was pulled. I remember the first time I hit Ghostbuster midnight madness at an arcade in real time, never experienced one in my life, never knew it was a thing. Such a cool experience.

#11544 2 years ago

Shoot this info to Dwight, if you haven't. Good specific info you have there.

Yep done, all good.

#11545 2 years ago

If anyone has an extra comic pro translight I’m looking to buy to try on my premium. Thanks

#11546 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If anyone has an extra comic pro translight I’m looking to buy to try on my premium. Thanks

There is one on eBay. A little too pricey for me. I'm also looking for one to match several pieces of original art I purchased from Randy Martinez but my wife would kill me if I spent $300 for it lol

#11547 2 years ago
Quoted from BluntManGuy:

There is one on eBay. A little too pricey for me. I'm also looking for one to match several pieces of original art I purchased from Randy Martinez but my wife would kill me if I spent $300 for it lol

I feel like any distributor should be able to order one for you.

#11548 2 years ago
Quoted from BluntManGuy:

I saw that one. I offered $150 plus shipping but the seller wants $300

Thanks

#11549 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If anyone has an extra comic pro translight

When I bought my standard Premium (first run back in '17), I think the LEs were shipping with all three translites. The LE was installed, and Pro, Premium in a tube. I lucked out and was able to buy a Pro translite on the cheap. I keep my Premium translite in a lighted frame. Too bad there were no Comic LEs. And, it makes me wonder why there were no LEs in that line.

Anyway, good luck!!

#11550 2 years ago

Hi All
Just got myself a SW... the shaker is quite severe on this game, and shakes the glass a lot. What are you all doing with regards softening the glass vibration when using a shaker??
Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/231?hl=touchingevil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.