IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 301.
#11451 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Had a dream run today, managed to blow up both death stars, and shoot a hyperspace shot worth 1.5 billion. Love this game!
[quoted image]

Nice! Wow, what a score!
That had to have been a real rush of a game.
Yeah, this game is so much fun

#11452 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Had a dream run today, managed to blow up both death stars, and shoot a hyperspace shot worth 1.5 billion. Love this game!
[quoted image]

And I had a dream that was JUST like that...

#11453 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

only ???

#11454 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

[quoted image]

That is amazing!! Congrats!!!

#11455 2 years ago

We all know you're the best. Stop being an ass who can't let anyone else post their scores without you telling them that you're better.
It's really disgusting.

#11456 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

We all know you're the best. Stop being an ass who can't let anyone else post their scores without you telling them that you're better.
It's really disgusting.

I have the opposite problem...everybody is better than me. Also disgusting.

#11457 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

It's really disgusting.

lost your sense of humour again ? so simple to put me on your ignore list, as i'll do it in 5 seconds
and btw, i love you too, a big tanx for the kind words

#11458 2 years ago

Yet to face the Emperor, so still room for improvement , but this was a big jump for me.

#11459 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Yet to face the Emperor, so still room for improvement , but this was a big jump for me.

tanx for understanding that my com was, as always, in funny/friendly/provoc mood
and good luck to reach the WM, its hard to get there, but than not really to beat it, you'll see

#11460 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have the opposite problem...everybody is better than me. Also disgusting.

Same here, but not disgusting.

#11461 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah...Cointaker had some in stock.

And they still do/did as of this past Thursday. I'm in the club come tomorrows delivery.

#11462 2 years ago

Okay, so I installed a LED speaker light kit from Mezel mods for my Star Wars Premium. Everything lit up okay and everything was great until I finished putting everything back together and got the machine back into place. Now, when I boot up the machine, it says that Node 11 can't be found. However, after several seconds, the notice goes away and the game plays normally and the speaker light kits light up perfectly.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what might be going on?

#11463 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Okay, so I installed a LED speaker light kit from Mezel mods for my Star Wars Premium. Everything lit up okay and everything was great until I finished putting everything back together and got the machine back into place. Now, when I boot up the machine, it says that Node 11 can't be found. However, after several seconds, the notice goes away and the game plays normally and the speaker light kits light up perfectly.
Has anyone else experienced this or know what might be going on?

After I installed mine, it says "Overcurrent detected" for Node 1 and my small LCD screen doesn't work. Doesn't affect the game in any way that I can tell...and I'm a total novice when it comes to this so in my case it could be installer error. The speaker lights work great. Maybe I didn't install it properly...idk.

I'm local to Game Exchange of Colorado so when I was picking up an arcade game over the weekend I asked JJ and he said to just double check the connections first before anything. I haven't had the chance to pull the glass yet, but I'm hoping that'll solve my problem.

Love those mods!!

#11464 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Wow your serial number is real close to mine. Got mine 3/31 and it was made 3/29. Did you buy from a distributor with stock (so you weren't waiting for it)?[quoted image]

Looks like mine was right before yours:

IMG_8903 (resized).JPGIMG_8903 (resized).JPG
#11465 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Looks like mine was right before yours:
[quoted image]

Nice! You just get yours? Congrats and enjoy!

#11466 2 years ago
Quoted from BluntManGuy:

After I installed mine, it says "Overcurrent detected" for Node 1 and my small LCD screen doesn't work. Doesn't affect the game in any way that I can tell...and I'm a total novice when it comes to this so in my case it could be installer error. The speaker lights work great. Maybe I didn't install it properly...idk.
I'm local to Game Exchange of Colorado so when I was picking up an arcade game over the weekend I asked JJ and he said to just double check the connections first before anything. I haven't had the chance to pull the glass yet, but I'm hoping that'll solve my problem.
Love those mods!!

Yeah I figured out what was going on with mine. Somehow I had knocked loose the main power cable running to the board, which was causing it not to work properly. I got it back into position and everything works fine.

For yours, I would double check all the connections and make sure you installed everything correctly. It is so easy to put something in the wrong place or knock something loose if you aren't careful.

If you don't find anything right away, check out the manual. There is a lot in there, but IDing the node 11 board out of the manual and where it was located on my machine was my first step in getting my machine working.

#11467 2 years ago

Nice! You just get yours? Congrats and enjoy!

Delivered yesterday. Enjoying to so far. The family seems to like it a lot as well, which is a bonus.

#11468 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Delivered yesterday. Enjoying to so far. The family seems to like it a lot as well, which is a bonus.

Had mine since 3/31/21. It is my favorite pin ever. Really gets the adrenaline flowing during a good/intense game. My high score is 5+billion but never reached the Emperor. The game is fast and mean. If you are a big Star Wars fan I would recommend spending some time with Mando as well. Super fun.

#11469 2 years ago

Had mine since 3/31/21. It is my favorite pin ever. Really gets the adrenaline flowing during a good/intense game. My high score is 5+billion but never reached the Emperor. The game is fast and mean. If you are a big Star Wars fan I would recommend spending some time with Mando as well. Super fun.

I have played Mando a few times and enjoyed that as well. I am fortunate enough to have one fairly local to put some time on.

#11470 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

A similar thing happened to Dead Flip a few months back also on the PRO, here's the link starting from 1:16min in. He enters Escape from Tatooinie MB, starts the HS hurry-up, then starts TF MB, then starts HS MB. The ball gets stuck at around the 1:17min mark.

Anyone know if this was ever fixed? I looked through the 1.10 readme and did not see it acknowledged.

#11471 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Anyone know if this was ever fixed? I looked through the 1.10 readme and did not see it acknowledged.

Xaqery this has been observed by a few of us. Possible to address with the insider update? Although I know the answer is no I'm still going to ask for Midnight Madness!

#11472 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The circle is now complete.
Added Translucent Drop Targets from www.Pinball-Mods.com
(Added black acrylic paint to the tabs that run in between the Optos on the drop targets as they won't work otherwise)
Also, added mirror blades from www.cointaker.com , covering up my older art sideblades, these just make the space battle theme I'm going for come alive
First pick had the upgraded drop targets - but no side mirrors - the rest are with the mirrorblades
Here's a VIDEO FLYBY
https://photos.app.goo.gl/doabSJugnsLXraYd6
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well Crap. I thought modding my Star Wars was complete. Buying this now! Cool idea.

#11473 2 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Well Crap. I thought modding my Star Wars was complete. Buying this now! Cool idea.

Yeah I just installed them in mine. Looks teal nice. Also got the shooter lane light saber. Pretty damn nice as well.

#11474 2 years ago

Xaqery this has been observed by a few of us. Possible to address with the insider update? Although I know the answer is no I'm still going to ask for Midnight Madness!

Here's hoping. Just joined the club with a sweet HUO pro.

20210925_105116 (resized).jpg20210925_105116 (resized).jpg
#11475 2 years ago

What kind of car are you hauling that in? I haven't seen too many pins sit on its side.

#11476 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Here's hoping. Just joined the club with a sweet HUO pro.
[quoted image]

Congrats! I love my comic book pro!

#11477 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

The comic art version is so sweet. This regular version just happened to pop up for a nice price. I just won a Vader comic art banner at a tourney last night. So slick.

20210924_230017 (resized).jpg20210924_230017 (resized).jpg
#11478 2 years ago

Question:
So I changed the drops to those lighted drops from Mezel Mods. Love it. No question at all. But when changing them out. I noticed a grease or something (looked intentional) on the back side of the original black drops. I imagine it was put/smeared on to keep the drops smooth and lubed for all the up-down action.

Reason I'm wondering now is that the far drop and it's neighbor are a bit "bricky" now since the change-out, and I'm thinking now want to take the drop mech down and put some of that stuff on the back in of them as I think it would help smooth the action out.
...so the question is, what is that stuff and any recs on what to safely use?
Thanks

#11480 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Me too!

#11481 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

amazon.com link »

Thanks freddy
I keep some of that to use faor some of my spinners to get them ripping, and thought that maybe that might be a good move on the back of these drops as well. So thanks for your response! I'll definitely give that stuff a try!

#11482 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question:
So I changed the drops to those lighted drops from Mezel Mods. Love it. No question at all. But when changing them out. I noticed a grease or something (looked intentional) on the back side of the original black drops. I imagine it was put/smeared on to keep the drops smooth and lubed for all the up-down action.
Reason I'm wondering now is that the far drop and it's neighbor are a bit "bricky" now since the change-out, and I'm thinking now want to take the drop mech down and put some of that stuff on the back in of them as I think it would help smooth the action out.
...so the question is, what is that stuff and any recs on what to safely use?
Thanks

I don’t know what is on your drops but they should be clean from anything other then what they put on the disrupters so they can be seen by the optos,I use black paint.

#11483 2 years ago

anyone have some gameplay video of the shooter lane lightsaber? mezelmods only shows it light up when the ball goes into the shooter lane, but I'm wondering if it does anything during gameplay? what light(s) does it tie into?

#11484 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

anyone have some gameplay video of the shooter lane lightsaber? mezelmods only shows it light up when the ball goes into the shooter lane, but I'm wondering if it does anything during gameplay? what light(s) does it tie into?

It’s tied into the last opto in the ball trough. If 6 balls are in(attract mode) the saber is off. Once a ball gets kicked out it turns on. Will stay same color until ball is lost. Next ball it will light a different color.

It doesn’t link to gameplay otherwise. Colors are blue, red, green, purple.

#11485 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don’t know what is on your drops but they should be clean from anything other then what they put on the disrupters so they can be seen by the optos,I use black paint.

It looks like some kind of very thin grease. This game was NIB as well, so it wouldn't have been anything that a previous owner would have used. Again, it was a very thin grease like film on the back side of each drop target, not just on one or two. I had made a mental note of it, but did not bother when I put on the new ones as I had not used any grease on the back of drop targets before, but since putting on the new clear ones, I do find the far two drop targets somewhat "bricky" now, and I'm giving contemplation to putting some form of lube back there to encourage them to be more responsive. As mentioned by a pinsider above, might opt to use just a very light touch of super lube on the back of the drops, unless anyone else has any other suggestions.

By the way, what did you put the black paint on, out of curiosity? For these clear drop targets, is they're in area of the drop target under the play field that needs to be made black / opaque? I wasn't aware of that, so if you could expand on that, that would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

#11486 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

It looks like some kind of very thin grease. This game was NIB as well, so it wouldn't have been anything that a previous owner would have used. Again, it was a very thin grease like film on the back side of each drop target, not just on one or two. I had made a mental note of it, but did not bother when I put on the new ones as I had not used any grease on the back of drop targets before, but since putting on the new clear ones, I do find the far two drop targets somewhat "bricky" now, and I'm giving contemplation to putting some form of lube back there to encourage them to be more responsive. As mentioned by a pinsider above, might opt to use just a very light touch of super lube on the back of the drops, unless anyone else has any other suggestions.
By the way, what did you put the black paint on, out of curiosity? For these clear drop targets, is they're in area of the drop target under the play field that needs to be made black / opaque? I wasn't aware of that, so if you could expand on that, that would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

The drops have a tab that protrudes and blocks the opto. On clear targets you have to make the tab opaque hence the black paint.

#11487 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The drops have a tab that protrudes and blocks the opto. On clear targets you have to make the tab opaque hence the black paint.

I took a look through the forum comments on painting that tab, and I found some examples. Looks like I'll be taking my targets down and doing that, as I had neglected to do that before. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

#11488 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s tied into the last opto in the ball trough. If 6 balls are in(attract mode) the saber is off. Once a ball gets kicked out it turns on. Will stay same color until ball is lost. Next ball it will light a different color.
It doesn’t link to gameplay otherwise. Colors are blue, red, green, purple.

thank you! so it stays on when the pin goes dark during lightsaber duel and escape bobba fett modes? and it never flashes, only on or off?

#11489 2 years ago

when installing the clear drop targets, I used a bit of the wife's nail polish to make em work. the tiny brush is perfect size for the drops. the tabs that register the optos need to be painted.

#11490 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

thank you! so it stays on when the pin goes dark during lightsaber duel and escape bobba fett modes? and it never flashes, only on or off?

I will repeat myself. Despite the claim of the mod designer that it interacts with the game software, the only interaction is with the ball trough. 6 balls in trough = OFF. Less than 6 balls in trough = ON. Therefore it does not turn off during any mode.

When it's on there's a bit of a flicker. I enquired about that and the mod designer stated it was for a bit of realism. I would have preferred steady on like my Disneyworld lightsabers.

Overall it looks real good and I'm happy with it.

#11491 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I will repeat myself. Despite the claim of the mod designer that it interacts with the game software, the only interaction is with the ball trough. 6 balls in trough = OFF. Less than 6 balls in trough = ON. Therefore it does not turn off during any mode.
When it's on there's a bit of a flicker. I enquired about that and the mod designer stated it was for a bit of realism. I would have preferred steady on like my Disneyworld lightsabers.
Overall it looks real good and I'm happy with it.

In regards to your happiness with it, I have thought about getting the mod but have been wondering the same thing (I think) as Crispy77, which would be: In your opinion while the game flashes for Escape from Boba Fett, or during very color heavy events like the lightsaber battle, does the lightsaber interfere with the enjoyment of those light displays by being on?

#11492 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

In regards to your happiness with it, I have thought about getting the mod but have been wondering the same thing (I think) as Crispy77, which would be: In your opinion while the game flashes for Escape from Boba Fett, or during very color heavy events like the lightsaber battle, does the lightsaber interfere with the enjoyment of those light displays by being on?

I can tell you I have it and 100% recommend. It's a very cool mod! Top 1-2 mods in my opinion.

#11493 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

It's just not large enough to interfere. It's also out of view when you are focused on the ball. Who stares at the shooter lane while playing anyway? It brings just the right amount of WOW factor to the game. I haven't noticed any negative issues while in Boba Fett or lightsaber battle.

#11494 2 years ago

Curious if any of you Pro to Premium/LE converts regret your decision? I'm considering doing the same.

#11495 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

Curious if any of you Pro to Premium/LE converts regret your decision? I'm considering doing the same.

I started with a Premium and I'm happy. My only gripe vs. what I've heard about on Pro is that the Deathstar shot is a bitch, especially from the left flipper. Not only do you need accuracy for the small shot, but it needs power as well to get up the ramp. If anyone else with a Premium has some tips on that shot, I would appreciate it.

#11496 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I started with a Premium and I'm happy. My only gripe vs. what I've heard about on Pro is that the Deathstar shot is a bitch, especially from the left flipper. Not only do you need accuracy for the small shot, but it needs power as well to get up the ramp. If anyone else with a Premium has some tips on that shot, I would appreciate it.

Easy. Make it from the right flipper

BTW not all shots are supposed to be "backhandable". Yes I know it's a made up word.

I have friends that had a Pro and don't miss getting rid of it. They were all over my Prem saying it's way better than the pro and worth the diff. Their opinion not mine. I haven't played the pro much and when I did play it I didn't know the rules.

#11497 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Easy. Make it from the right flipper
BTW not all shots are supposed to be "backhandable". Yes I know it's a made up word.
I have friends that had a Pro and don't miss getting rid of it. They were all over my Prem saying it's way better than the pro and worth the diff. Their opinion not mine. I haven't played the pro much and when I did play it I didn't know the rules.

Yea, the right flipper for sure, it's punishing to miss the shot from the left. I have trouble with it on the right though too. The game is so fast, it's definitely making me a better pinball player.

#11498 2 years ago

Are we gonna get anothwr update on the code or is it done?

#11499 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

Do it. You won’t be disappointed. The pro is so lacking mechanisms while the premium has one of the best in all of pinball. The pro is also much easier than the premium. Get a premium and you will improve your skills.

#11500 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Are we gonna get anothwr update on the code or is it done?

At least 1 update is guaranteed...

They need to enable the Stern Connected thing-a-ma-jig.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/230?hl=touchingevil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.