SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 302.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. You're wrong about this. Every pro owner has said so.

not sure what he meant by maybe it will morph.
However what I have said in past posts is if you play a Pro and like it , you will then like a Prem/Le version too as they are identical in play .
Only thing you get extra is a fork ramp to load balls onto a habitrail and an opening ball save gate you do not need. Worth the money / Loads of prem/le owners Say yes!
I do not doubt or disrespect them opinions . They vary .
I am happy with the same gameplay without the lil extra breather from a fork ramp that is just there for a lift!
It is not even there for an extra Mode or extra MB / Its just for a lift to a merry-go-round Nascar/Getaway abracadabra motion,oh and the Deathstar opens up. Sorry to forget that ..
This Pro owner Star Wars Fanatic(don't do costumes) will not Be upgrading

if you do not like the way the pro plays or is / You wont like the play on a prem/le

20170830_184151[365] (resized).jpg20170830_184151[365] (resized).jpg

20170830_184244[362] (resized).jpg20170830_184244[362] (resized).jpg

#1052 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Had 20 pinheads over at my house last night to help me break SW in! I put SW in its own seperate area away from the other games to have more space and let people have the true experience of the sounds and lighting. It had Non stop play and we put in over 100 games on it.
To me get togethers with friends are what pinball is all about! Need to do it again soon!

Congrats Buddy . Nice game

#1053 6 years ago

Hey PinFever, Where did you get the extra playfield toys from ?

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

Hey PinFever, Where did you get the extra playfield toys from ?

some from ebay and some from Modfather . I got the Falcon on ebay 17Dollars to my door and two Star wars minutures Tie fighters 12.99 to my door off ebay too/ Then Modfather came over hooked me up with some more Tie's and a few Cab Decals which makes the Cab Pop. By the way it looks awesome with the Red T molding the Pro gets which I like loads better than the White T molding the Le gets / And a few LE owners had said the same to me

lots of glare in my pic I will take a pic with it off

#1055 6 years ago

pics

20170830_201314 (resized).jpg20170830_201314 (resized).jpg
20170830_201341 (resized).jpg20170830_201341 (resized).jpg
20170830_201356 (resized).jpg20170830_201356 (resized).jpg

20170830_184244 (resized).jpg20170830_184244 (resized).jpg

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I somehow missed that the Premium has the white molding as well. Guess I'll see how it looks in person, but where would you buy black replacement molding (and how much of a PITA would it be to remove the old?)

https://www.t-molding.com

Not bad but use a rubber mallet to get it back in.

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

not sure what he meant by maybe it will morph.
However what I have said in past posts is if you play a Pro and like it , you will then like a Prem/Le version too as they are identical in play .

By morph I meant I might like it more or even less after I get more time on it. I used to love Stern ST. Pretty boring game for me now. Things change and I'm cool with that.

As for identical play. Not quite. Very close but the Death Star shot on the premium does a few things. Instead of always being just a horseshoe going around it feeds the Death Star obviously. From there it can catch the ball and drop it back out the front or send it around the habit rail and return it to the right flipper or even catch it and shoot it back out the front (seems to anyway). Plus the loading balls for hyperspace multiball. Then when it's down you have the horseshoe. A little more variety in play. Mostly a show piece though.

I will agree if you like the pro you'll like the premium/Le. I prefer the metal Ramps and the extra bit of possibilities with the hyperloop. I also liked the premium art better first time I saw it all. The LE did nothing for me.

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I somehow missed that the Premium has the white molding as well. Guess I'll see how it looks in person, but where would you buy black replacement molding (and how much of a PITA would it be to remove the old?)

It's easy to change. Simply pull out carefully and snap new molding in. Then cut with good scissors or a razor blade at the end.

Just google online. Lots of places sell it. I always just bought from the place that had the cooor I wanted. Black should be easy to find.

I may do chrome later if I decide to go with chrome trim.

#1059 6 years ago

doesn't the ball come out the same place all the time off the roundabout? unless it flies or falls off? I played a half dozen to a dozen games a week ago and I can not for the life of me remember now

#1060 6 years ago

PinFever What's used to mount those. I'm thinking about getting some x-wing game fighters and mounting them, but not sure how. I really like how yours look.

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

doesn't the ball come out the same place all the time off the roundabout? unless it flies or falls off? I played a half dozen to a dozen games a week ago and I can not for the life of me remember now

No. I'll have to pay more attention but I know it can feed the right flipper. The magnets will also catch it even when looping around and then return it back down the ramp backwards.

Often if you shoot it to start a mode it will catch the ball and then feed it back down the ramp.

There may be one other place in the back but I'm not sure. I remember hearing that but haven't seen it yet.

Mine hasn't fallen off the bottom at all. Only about 40 games in though (had to feed the kids). Damn some are quick games

#1062 6 years ago

I don't see anything in the back. So feeds flipper on right ramp or comes back down the Death Star fork ramp.

#1063 6 years ago

Looks like they are all here

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/star-wars

They look fantastic!!

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

PinFever What's used to mount those. I'm thinking about getting some x-wing game fighters and mounting them, but not sure how. I really like how yours look.

the ones I bought I actually used the accessories the stuff came with Pegs With Magnets the Tie's with the custom Spades Symbols / even when balls hit them they do not come off / need X wings I do! I will use one to deflect would be outlane drains from unexpected(expected!) Airballs
/ Modfather ones you would have to ask him but look like steel wireform bent to form .

#1065 6 years ago

Wow, that's annoying that premium owners are getting theirs with LE's still outstanding. Congrats to the new premium owners, but shame on you Stern.

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Wow, that's annoying that premium owners are getting theirs with LE's still outstanding. Congrats to the new premium owners, but shame on you Stern.

Good things come to those who wait ... fix any issues etc

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

the ones I bought I actually used the accessories the stuff came with Pegs With Magnets the Tie's with the custom Spades Symbols / even when balls hit them they do not come off / need X wings I do! I will use one to deflect would be outlane drains from unexpected(expected!) Airballs
/ Modfather ones you would have to ask him but look like steel wireform bent to form .

Thanks!

#1068 6 years ago

I heard from my distributor today. My Premium ships tomorrow. Woooooooooo!

#1069 6 years ago

The LE was never a guarantee delivery before premiums arrive. I don't know what Stern has to be ashamed of here? Plus the shipping logistics play a role in this too.

Rob

#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The LE was never a guarantee delivery before premiums arrive. I don't know what Stern has to be ashamed of here? Plus the shipping logistics play a role in this too.
Rob

In my case, it isn't logistics. My distributor told me yesterday my game hasn't left the factory yet.

You're right, there is no guarantee to deliver LE's before the premiums. But I think it's always been a sort of "known" that LE's are run right after the operator pro's, and has in the past been a perk to buying an LE.

I don't think it's a great move on Sterns part, to show the other paid up LE buyers that a premium took precedence over their game. There are already enough reasons to have NOT bought an LE. Many of us have been on "lists" and waiting since April.

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Good things come to those who wait ... fix any issues etc

Let's not kid ourselves about Stern proactively fixing issues.

#1072 6 years ago

In my case, it isn't logistics. My distributor told me yesterday my game hasn't left the factory yet.

It's possible your distributor dropped the ball or who knows what else. Our distributor got two shipments of LEs. All they ordered before they got a shipment of premiums.

Plus come on. Stern is producing pins on multiple lines. They made the LEs first and then started running premiums. Maybe some armor was late getting to them or who knows what else. They aren't going to stop all production to make sure all LEs get out first. I had money down on a premium day one so I'm sure it's one of the first since the order went in with the LEs.

#1073 6 years ago

On a fun note. My wife made it home and screamed the first time she got a ball in the hyper loop. I may have failed to explain what would happen. I wish I would have been recording it.

#1074 6 years ago

I am still loving this thing! I don't think I will ever see Jedi Multiball though...not unless I block those greedy side drains.

Question about hyperspace. In one game, I got into some kind of hyperspace mode where the lights kept sweeping up the playfield, whup whup whup...I don't know how I did this and haven't been able to do it since.

Lighting "Hyperspace Hurry Up" just lights the Death Star ramp, then I collect when I make that shot.

Is there another type of hyperspace mode? (I have a Pro btw.)

#1075 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am still loving this thing! I don't think I will ever see Jedi Multiball though...not unless I block those greedy side drains.
Question about hyperspace. In one game, I got into some kind of hyperspace mode where the lights kept sweeping up the playfield, whup whup whup...I don't know how I did this and haven't been able to do it since.
Lighting "Hyperspace Hurry Up" just lights the Death Star ramp, then I collect when I make that shot.

Collect the hyperspace hurryup twice and it starts the multiball mode. Lights a-blinkin, whup-whupin stuff.
Still not certain what to do but I think I saw the hyperspace/deathstar shot lit so would make sense.

#1076 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Collect the hyperspace hurryup twice and it starts the multiball mode. Lights a-blinkin, whup-whupin stuff.
Still not certain what to do but I think I saw the hyperspace/deathstar shot lit so would make sense.

Thanks!

#1077 6 years ago

Has anyone fitted a shaker motor yet? How does it integrate, what things set it off?

#1078 6 years ago

Wow, that premium looks so nice.

I have a LE that should be here end of next week but seeing those premium pictures really makes me think again.

Anyone has seen both in real life and can recommend which one looks best?

Thanks!

#1079 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Has anyone fitted a shaker motor yet? How does it integrate, what things set it off?

Shaker motor in my pro and will def move it to my LE when I get it. Shaker work great and effects are good. Better then in the Aerosmith...

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I second the shaker motor, integrates with the gameplay perfect and adds to the effect of the game. I have one in my LE. I bought the Stern Licensed one to protect the warrantee.

#1081 6 years ago

I use to be a big shaker motor fan. Does it add to the experience? Yeah maybe but just not that into anymore. Don't see the need

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Once you light and collect hyperspace hurry up twice, it will have hyperspace MB ready to start... if you shoot the ball in the death star shot it will hold the ball and shoot another from the shooter lane. Hit the posts that are holding the 1st ball and you have MB. If you loose the 2nd ball before hitting the captured ball then you just get your 1 ball back (no MB). However if you get another ball up in the death star shot while in MB, then hit it like the first time it should give you another ball in play (like add-a-ball) so you will have a 3 ball MB. Pretty sure it is timed, so if you don't hit the death star shot before time runs out you have to start over and light the hurry up again...

Phoebe

#1083 6 years ago

got my Darth shooter rod today from mikeincali.

20170831_115156 (resized).jpg20170831_115156 (resized).jpg

#1084 6 years ago

Well, rented an escalara and got the LE into the house. Already late for work, so I'll tackle the stairs tonight.

#1085 6 years ago

Mystic Purple powder coating on my pro. Looks awesome...IMO.

20170831_130146 (resized).jpg20170831_130146 (resized).jpg

20170831_130137 (resized).jpg20170831_130137 (resized).jpg

20170831_130131 (resized).jpg20170831_130131 (resized).jpg

#1086 6 years ago

on the fence about powder coating it as the pro with black trim and red t molding looks good out of the box.
Odd choice you have on that Pro / Mystic Purple on A GB looks good. Your pics must not do it justice. Not sure what had you pick that color .
If I had to choose I was thinking like white gun metal / gun metal grey / like a X wing Fighter Color /like the canopy of an X wing / since when playing it seems to have you feel you are in a cockpit of one , so makes sense

#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

on the fence about powder coating it as the pro with black trim and red t molding looks good out of the box.
Odd choice you have on that Pro / Mystic Purple on A GB looks good. Your pics must not do it justice. Not sure what had you pick that color .
If I had to choose I was thinking like white gun metal / gun metal grey / like a X wing Fighter Color /like the canopy of an X wing / since when playing it seems to have you feel you are in a cockpit of one , so makes sense

Looks awesome in person, it's a space theme, purple goes with space themes. White? I don't think I've ever seen white look good on a pin. I've seen GB in white, definitely not for me. Not a fan of grey either, maybe for terminator, not Star Wars. It's all personal taste anyway, no good or bad, just what you like.

#1088 6 years ago

The great debate of 2017...Prowler Purple Vs. Star white.

#1089 6 years ago

Has anyone installed a Star Wars play-field protector yet? I will be installing one on my LE this weekend and was curious if there were any gotcha's on this. I've installed them on all my pins and never really had any issues... I know with BM66 the Crane was the difficult part to manuever. Wondering if the DeathStar will be a PIA to deal with.

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Has anyone installed a Star Wars play-field protector yet? I will be installing one on my LE this weekend and was curious if there were any gotcha's on this. I've installed them on all my pins and never really had any issues... I know with BM66 the Crane was the difficult part to manuever. Wondering if the DeathStar will be a PIA to deal with.

My friend did his LE. He said it took way longer than he thought it would. Have to take most stuff off the playfield. Take your time and lots of pictures.

#1091 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My friend did his LE. He said it took way longer than he thought it would. Have to take most stuff off the playfield. Take your time and lots of pictures.

Thank you! Sounds like this is what I will be doing Saturday... I will definitely try and document / share as much as possible.

#1092 6 years ago

i think it looks good. the purple. might wanna change t molding. not sure if there is a matching purple for it tho. red might be fine.
but
where the heck do people get powder coating done?

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

Just saw this listed

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks awesome in person, it's a space theme, purple goes with space themes. White? I don't think I've ever seen white look good on a pin. I've seen GB in white, definitely not for me. Not a fan of grey either, maybe for terminator, not Star Wars. It's all personal taste anyway, no good or bad, just what you like.

now that ive seen the red powder coat job you did for your TWD it makes me wonder how that would have looked on the SW pro with the red moulding.

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

now that ive seen the red powder coat job you did for your TWD it makes me wonder how that would have looked on the SW pro with the red moulding.

In my opinion, red doesn't go so well with Star Wars and would look odd. No idea why they put red t molding, chrome would have been better. I thought a more discrete color like purple would look better. The purple blends in with the game well and that's what I was after.

#1096 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

i think it looks good. the purple. might wanna change t molding. not sure if there is a matching purple for it tho. red might be fine.
but

I get mine done locally. Find a place that does automotive powder coating, they will do it for you.

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

In my opinion, red doesn't go so well with Star Wars and would look odd. No idea why they put red t molding, chrome would have been better. I thought a more discrete color like purple would look better. The purple blends in with the game well and that's what I was after.

i agree i don't think of red when I think of a good Star Wars color. I like the mystic purple, hope you can find some purple molding to match better then the red.

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

i agree i don't think of red when I think of a good Star Wars color. I like the mystic purple, hope you can find some purple molding to match better then the red.

Black molding would work well, avoid the risk of clashing purples. I'm not sure why they used colored molding on these to begin with, good old black makes a nice subtle frame for the translite and screen, which is what you should be focusing on when you're looking up there anyway.

#1099 6 years ago

Not White!
Gun Metal . or whatever dirty color metal the X wing fighters ships color is, Never could pick out wall paints either . So many names so many shades .
white would be horrible .

jht65-21 (resized).jpgjht65-21 (resized).jpg

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Not White!
Gun Metal . or whatever dirty color metal the X wing fighters ships color is, Never could pick out wall paints either . So many names so many shades .
white would be horrible .

IDK. White might work on the premium. I'm inclined to get all chrome but the price is a kicker. Beginning to think stainless steel might be best on my premium if I can get it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
There are 15,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/22?hl=jp335i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.