SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 302.
#11251 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Browsing on Marco's site says not available. But that's what phones are for, I suppose.

I would ask your distributor. It will be cheaper than Marco if they sell it to you at cost. $46.34 for decal set plus $20 for shipping. That is Sterns distributor pricing.

#11252 2 years ago

Can anyone explain to me how the BONUS MULTIPLIER works? Not the regular multiplier, but BONUS multiplier? It's often one of the traits you can choose at the beginning of each ball (3x Bonus Multiplier) but I don't know what that score comes from.

#11253 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Several of mine were coming loose too. I used this. Zero problems since. Awesome stuff!
Edit...dammit. Just so you know I am talking about the transfer tape and not Broke Back Mountain! I hate my brother...
[quoted image]

Your brother. Sure…

#11254 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Can anyone explain to me how the BONUS MULTIPLIER works? Not the regular multiplier, but BONUS multiplier? It's often one of the traits you can choose at the beginning of each ball (3x Bonus Multiplier) but I don't know what that score comes from.

Pretty sure it multiplies your bonus at the end. You know, when Yoda reminds you how bad you are at pinball.

#11255 2 years ago

But my question is what accounts for bonus points?

#11256 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

But my question is what accounts for bonus points?

All the categories it totals up at the end of the ball before it sends your next ball out. It goes through and tallies them up one at a time.

#11257 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

All the categories it totals up at the end of the ball before it sends your next ball out. It goes through and tallies them up one at a time.

yes, simple as that
than ticktockman you get these multipliers by collecting upper lanes above the bumpers (like in lot of pins), but you can add more as you've said by chosing this as skillshot (in fact, this can be very lucrative if you had a bonus held running with a great bonus the ball before)

#11258 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, simple as that
than ticktockman you get these multipliers by collecting upper lanes above the bumpers (like in lot of pins), but you can add more as you've said by chosing this as skillshot (in fact, this can be very lucrative if you had a bonus held running with a great bonus the ball before)

Yes, it can be very lucrative! I had a game a while back where I had a super high bonus that was held so I selected the bonus at the start of the next ball, ended up with my Bonus Champion score of 1,239,863,680 (just on the bonus!).

#11259 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I didn't realize the pin came with extra decals. Were they in the goodie bag? If yours is already opened would you mind posting pictures of everything inside? I am curious to know what is included.

Jk... No extra decals. Just these extra plastics. Must have been another game I'm thinking of with decals.

Thank you for the help on the tape!

PXL_20210726_191647677 (resized).jpgPXL_20210726_191647677 (resized).jpg
#11260 2 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Jk... No extra decals. Just these extra plastics. Must have been another game I'm thinking of with decals.
Thank you for the help on the tape![quoted image]

Thank you!

#11261 2 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Thank you for the help on the tape![quoted image]

I found 4 of the plastics on the playfield but what is that x wing plastic for? The circular ones are key rings? Also, mine had an extra post, is that just for replacing when one wears out, or is there another place to mount one optionally?

#11262 2 years ago

On new premium, two spots have what look like led inserts but they don't light up in all led test... I'd rather not raise the playfield to look right now, are they supposed to be lighted?

20210727_124128_HDR (resized).jpg20210727_124128_HDR (resized).jpg20210727_124141_HDR (resized).jpg20210727_124141_HDR (resized).jpg
#11263 2 years ago

How often do balls get stuck in odd places? This happened on first day ..

20210726_223726 (resized).jpg20210726_223726 (resized).jpg
#11264 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

On new premium, two spots have what look like led inserts but they don't light up in all led test... I'd rather not raise the playfield to look right now, are they supposed to be lighted?[quoted image][quoted image]

There flashers.

Quoted from mpsa:

[quoted image]

Id move the zip tie up and if that doesnt help loosen the hyperloop and push it to the right alittle. Ive never had a ball stuck there so not very often.

#11265 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

There flashers.

Thanks they work! Newbie obviously

#11266 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

I found 4 of the plastics on the playfield but what is that x wing plastic for? The circular ones are key rings? Also, mine had an extra post, is that just for replacing when one wears out, or is there another place to mount one optionally?

I've been wondering the same thing. I think they are all key rings, x-wing included.

On your other question, I had a ball stuck there one time, fairly early on as well. Never had a problem since (I'm pushing 1,000 games played).

#11267 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:Id move the zip tie up and if that doesnt help loosen the hyperloop and push it to the right alittle. Ive never had a ball stuck there so not very often.

Great idea, will move the zip tie, I see the one on the other side is higher.

Next newbie question, are there any adjustments to avoid the ball save auto plunge from throwing the ball so it goes straight down the middle? Or delay the auto plunge so we can plunge ball saves manually?

#11268 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

Great idea, will move the zip tie, I see the one on the other side is higher.
Next newbie question, are there any adjustments to avoid the ball save auto plunge from throwing the ball so it goes straight down the middle? Or delay the auto plunge so we can plunge ball saves manually?

Are you talking about the left outdrains from the auto plunge? If so close your left outlane post and try to put the next size rubber on the post. Also add a few seconds to ball saver to counter it happening and make sure ball saver gives more then 1 ball if needed. Its notorious game for this issue.

Did you turn your trough upkicker down to 176 or as low as it will go and still work? That setting will help preserve your shooter lane. I dont believe there is any auto plunge settings unfortunately.

Also another thing to really dial this game in is the inner horseshoe not going SDTM with power hits. It takes some time to dial the ends of the horseshoe in but once you got them your set.

#11269 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Are you talking about the left outdrains from the auto plunge? If so close your left outlane post and try to put the next size rubber on the post.

No the left drain hasn't bothered us yet fortunately, just the center. I've changed the settings you mentioned, hopefully that will help.

Quoted from Phbooms:

Also another thing to really dial this game in is the inner horseshoe not going SDTM with power hits. It takes some time to dial the ends of the horseshoe in but once you got them your set.

I haven't noticed the horseshoe draining, but will keep that in mind too, thx.

#11270 2 years ago

Curious, what are these 3 white unconnected connectors for? 2 on the coin door and 1 inside and left of the door.

Also there are dangling red connectors there too, power for more coin/token/ticket things?
20210726_183230 (resized).jpg20210726_183230 (resized).jpg20210726_183246~2 (resized).jpg20210726_183246~2 (resized).jpg

#11271 2 years ago

Uhoh, where did this screw come from? We found it on the playfield just below the flipper. It's darker than most screws I can see.

20210727_182554 (resized).jpg20210727_182554 (resized).jpg
#11272 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

Uhoh, where did this screw come from? We found it on the playfield just below the flipper. It's darker than most screws I can see.
[quoted image]

Check the Tie Fighter.

#11273 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Check the Tie Fighter.

Wow I think you 'nailed' it, thanks!

20210727_220211_HDR (resized).jpg20210727_220211_HDR (resized).jpg
#11274 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

This happened to me today. It is a rare occasion for me.

#11275 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

No the left drain hasn't bothered us yet fortunately, just the center. I've changed the settings you mentioned, hopefully that will help.

else "play better", i mean once you know your pin, nudge it before it happends
in your case (similar for all of us), i suppose the ball go to the 3 bank, than the left side, yes ? if yes, you than have 2 possibilities to nudge and avoid the return in the center

#11276 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

else "play better", i mean once you know your pin, nudge it before it happends
in your case (similar for all of us), i suppose the ball go to the 3 bank, than the left side, yes ? if yes, you than have 2 possibilities to nudge and avoid the return in the center

Oh for sure, we play like crap right now. I must learn control and then I must unlearn what I have learned.

#11277 2 years ago

I’ve had to tighten the left orbit spinner bracket screws a few times since owning. Has anyone else experienced this?

#11278 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I’ve had to tighten the left orbit spinner bracket screws a few times since owning. Has anyone else experienced this?

Various screws work their way loose. It's a good idea to go over the entire playfield periodically and tighten all the loose fasteners.

#11279 2 years ago

If you have a shaker, I would routinely check top and bottom side of playfield every 6 months.

#11280 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Various screws work their way loose. It's a good idea to go over the entire playfield periodically and tighten al the loose fasteners.

Does anyone use loctite (243) for this? I checked the other tie fighter screws when I put the one back and they were all loose, not sure if that was from factory, shipping, or 1 day of play...

#11281 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

Does anyone use loctite (243) for this? I checked the other tie fighter screws when I put the one back and they were all loose, not sure if that was from factory, shipping, or 1 day of play...

Yes - Hit it with Loctite. You should be good to go after that.

#11282 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Yes - Hit it with Loctite. You should be good to go after that.

Dont let the loctite drip on the playfield though. Now you guys got me wanting to check my game over!

#11283 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

Curious, what are these 3 white unconnected connectors for? 2 on the coin door and 1 inside and left of the door.
Also there are dangling red connectors there too, power for more coin/token/ticket things?
[quoted image][quoted image]

those connectors are for a 'bill acceptor' like on most slot machines

#11284 2 years ago

Recently, I'd designed light saber-style flippers for Star Wars DE.

**Looking for another person with a Stern Star Wars who might be interested in an early adopter kit to test and provide a bit of feedback. If that is you, please message and let me know.

Here shown is a photo and video of a kit installed on SW DE.

Thanks!

arcademade-flippers (resized).jpgarcademade-flippers (resized).jpg
#11285 2 years ago

Should I straighten this spotlight out or is it ok where it is? Worried a hyperspace ball might hit it...

20210729_123145_HDR (resized).jpg20210729_123145_HDR (resized).jpg
#11286 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

Should I straighten this spotlight out or is it ok where it is? Worried a hyperspace ball might hit it...
[quoted image]

Roll a ball through manually to check, but it's probably fine. Mine are similarly aimed.

#11287 2 years ago

I had a ball stuck twice in this spot, can't even see it with my camera but can see it with my eyeball which is weird, but the spot is when I do a left orbit slow roll it can stop and get stuck on the top left upper guide just under the Death Star, and the ball search and even shaking won't get it loose unless I tilt. If you look straight down at the Death Star it's above and to the left on the upper guide.

Is this common or is my machine not set up correctly? Is there anything I can do to block this area? It seems like a dead spot that isn't used for anything.

#11288 2 years ago

That black thing looks like a tiny gasket, is it, or is it just dirt? This machine has only been used a week, was mfg this may.

20210803_151651 (resized).jpg20210803_151651 (resized).jpg
#11289 2 years ago

My machine appears to have issues during Hyperspace Multiball. Once I shoot the second ball into the ramp, no third ball is added. So I just wait while the 2 balls go around the hyperloop, until the timer runs out.

This is not how it's supposed to work right? You're meant to be able to keep firing balls into the loop?

Assuming this is an error, any tips on how to fix it? I couldn't see anything relevant in the service menu...

#11290 2 years ago

Maybe this question has been asked before.
Is it possible to swap both ramps and wireforms from the Premium edition in the Pro edition?
I do not like the plastic ramps and would like to know if it is possible to replace them with the premium parts. Thanks

#11291 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

My machine appears to have issues during Hyperspace Multiball. Once I shoot the second ball into the ramp, no third ball is added. So I just wait while the 2 balls go around the hyperloop, until the timer runs out.
This is not how it's supposed to work right? You're meant to be able to keep firing balls into the loop?
Assuming this is an error, any tips on how to fix it? I couldn't see anything relevant in the service menu...

So after you get the second ball in the hyperloop is the game not kicking a third ball onto the playfield? Or are you saying the fork ramp is no longer up during the multiball so you cant shoot a third ball into the loop?

If the game is kicking a third ball out during the multiball and the fork is still up then it should let you get a 3rd ball in the loop. Id go into settings and tell the loop to run constant and stick 3 balls in it and see what happens if everything else is working correctly.

#11292 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

So after you get the second ball in the hyperloop is the game not kicking a third ball onto the playfield? Or are you saying the fork ramp is no longer up during the multiball so you cant shoot a third ball into the loop?
If the game is kicking a third ball out during the multiball and the fork is still up then it should let you get a 3rd ball in the loop. Id go into settings and tell the loop to run constant and stick 3 balls in it and see what happens if everything else is working correctly.

Correct, once the second ball is in the loop, the machine does not kick out a 3rd ball. It kicks out a second, but once that ball is in the loop, I just have to watch them spin around until they time out.

#11293 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Correct, once the second ball is in the loop, the machine does not kick out a 3rd ball. It kicks out a second, but once that ball is in the loop, I just have to watch them spin around until they time out.

I am assuming you have the correct number of balls in the game. Go into switch test and check your ball trough optos. One of those being flaky would cause the problem you are describing.

#11294 2 years ago

Yep, 6 balls present and accounted for, and no other multiball in the game has the problem. Trough test works fine too.

Only the hyperspace multiball mode has the issue. Very strange!

Will try reinstalling code perhaps...

#11295 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Yep, 6 balls present and accounted for, and no other multiball in the game has the problem. Trough test works fine too.
Only the hyperspace multiball mode has the issue. Very strange!
Will try reinstalling code perhaps...

Before reinstalling the code, you can try to reset to factory defaults.

#11296 2 years ago

In honor of Steve probably heading to JJP, I did a mock-up of what this game might have looked like with that combination.
Starved for entertainment during lock-down.. sorry in advance.

SW_large_LCD (resized).jpgSW_large_LCD (resized).jpg
#11297 2 years ago

For those of you that have a Cliffy in the shooter lane, how do you keep it from moving? I have them in most my games, but it only slides out of place on SW.

20210808_113843 (resized).jpg20210808_113843 (resized).jpg
#11298 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

For those of you that have a Cliffy in the shooter lane, how do you keep it from moving? I have them in most my games, but it only slides out of place on SW.
[quoted image]

Is the wood stripped out where the screws go from the PF to the side rail? I haven't done my SW yet, but my other games pinch the cliffy with great clamping force.

#11299 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Is the wood stripped out where the screws go from the PF to the side rail? I haven't done my SW yet, but my other games pinch the cliffy with great clamping force.

No, it tightens down as much as I can, but after 2 games its slipping. The one I got for Kiss is longer and attached to 3 screws, I'm not sure if what i have is an old version.

#11300 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

No, it tightens down as much as I can, but after 2 games its slipping. The one I got for Kiss is longer and attached to 3 screws, I'm not sure if what i have is an old version.

Just got back home and looked at my SW and the Cliffy. I do know that he makes a different set for Pro vs Pre/LE. From what I can see in your photo, it looks like the set I received for my Premium. I'll try to get to this machine this week. It does look more involved than the other Stern's I've done thus far because of the extended stainless steel guide. No matter what, you obviously don't have enough clamping force to keep it in place. The question is, why, and what is the easiest solution to fix it.

20210808_151858 (resized).jpg20210808_151858 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/226?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.