IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 301.
#11051 2 years ago
Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

What games do you consider difficult that have been released in the last 5 years? I like difficult games.

My Led Zeppelin regularly kicks my ass. I’d qualify it as difficult.

#11052 2 years ago

Lots of questions guys...sorry..

1. When scrolling through the instant info I noticed part of this image is really fuzzy. Is that normal?

2. Also every once in a while (probably a handful of times in 400 games) 2 balls will be in the shooter lane. I can't remember if it was after a multiball ended or what but anyone ever notice this?

3. I have some ships and figures I might add to my game. I bought some 20 gauge wire from craft store. That should work right?

4. Sometimes when moving my multiplier during a cut scene (mode start) the sound cuts out from the scene. Is that the intended effect of pressing action button or flipper during a cut scene?

20210616_164932 (resized).jpg20210616_164932 (resized).jpg

#11053 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

4. Sometimes when moving my multiplier during a cut scene (mode start) the sound cuts out from the scene. Is that the intended effect of pressing action button or flipper during a cut scene?
[quoted image]

Mind does that too. I think it’s from hitting the action button.

#11054 2 years ago

2. Also every once in a while (probably a handful of times in 400 games) 2 balls will be in the shooter lane. I can't remember if it was after a multiball ended or what but anyone ever notice this?
[quoted image]

I replaced the stock Stern balls (before i played my first game) with Carbon Steel balls to ensure they do not magnetise. No issues with several hundred plays so far.

#11055 2 years ago

How does the scoring on the video mode work? It seems totally random.

#11056 2 years ago

Been playing my comic premium more lately. Whats best way to keep the ball from jumping over the flippers when catching? Theres so much speed especially on the small loop sometimes itll hit my flipper jump over and drain. Maybe different rubbers? I usually use titans less bouncy ones

#11057 2 years ago
Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

What games do you consider difficult that have been released in the last 5 years? I like difficult games.

well,

i cant "feel" IRON MAIDEN, hard to get in that game, dont know why
GHOSTBUSTERS, from factory, is quite hard to play
WALKING DEAD... as even with good shoots, you're still in danger

and more than 5 years, but others pins i really always have difficulties are :

STTNG
THE SIMPSONS (STERN)
CFTBL
RIPLEY

#11058 2 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

I replaced the stock Stern balls (before i played my first game) with Carbon Steel balls to ensure they do not magnetise. No issues with several hundred plays so far.

Can the balls magnetize in Star Wars even without magnets? I am using the stock balls.

#11059 2 years ago

1. When scrolling through the instant info I noticed part of this image is really fuzzy. Is that normal?
3. I have some ships and figures I might add to my game. I bought some 20 gauge wire from craft store. That should work right?
[quoted image]

Really interested about this screen. It's the only screen that is fuzzy in quick info.

#11060 2 years ago

Can the balls magnetize in Star Wars even without magnets? I am using the stock balls.

Not on the pro they wont magnetize with no magnet on the game. Ive never had any extra balls in the shooter lane. Id give the optos a quick clean and see if it stops happening. Ill keep an eye out on that screen and see if mine is fuzzy like the pic you shown and report back.

#11061 2 years ago

Balls can become magnetized and demagnetized by simply striking each other hard enough.

#11062 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Balls can become magnetized and demagnetized by simply striking each other hard enough.

Really? How does that work?

#11063 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well,
i cant "feel" IRON MAIDEN, hard to get in that game, dont know why
GHOSTBUSTERS, from factory, is quite hard to play
WALKING DEAD... as even with good shoots, you're still in danger
and more than 5 years, but others pins i really always have difficulties are :
STTNG
THE SIMPSONS (STERN)
CFTBL
RIPLEY

Personally I think Star Wars Premium is harder than everything you listed.

#11064 2 years ago

As with any Stern machine, going over the underside and checking the tightness of screws is a good idea. I found several that were finger tight in several locations, the shooter lane being one of them. Switches work their way loose and can cause things like multiple balls in the shooter lane.

#11065 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Really? How does that work?

Ferrous metals striking each other display this property. I've seen nails magnetized. Besides, doesn't the Death Star and the Hyperspace loop use electromagnets?

#11066 2 years ago

Thanks for the ideas guys. I will report back.

#11067 2 years ago

Ah disregard, I thought it was a Star Wars Premium. No magnets on the Pro, so not 100% sure why two balls would be ejected.

#11068 2 years ago

The info screen does the same fuzzy look on my game. I think it's intended to look that way. When you switch info screens each time every page goes fuzzy for a fraction of a second. It's suppose to probably look like in the movies how the Rebels computers look.

#11069 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Personally I think Star Wars Premium is harder than everything you listed.

will tell you when i can put more than few games on a PREM/LE version, but seems as an evidence that the DS shot is indeed harder to get

#11070 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The info screen does the same fuzzy look on my game. I think it's intended to look that way. When you switch info screens each time every page goes fuzzy for a fraction of a second. It's suppose to probably look like in the movies how the Rebels computers look.

Makes sense...thanks for looking into it!

#11071 2 years ago

Added a bad ass light saber mod @2niro just waiting for my comic art blades and a few other mods. She’s a beut Clark!

61F00B5C-E42F-4BFB-A8B0-AAF8A3D684B0 (resized).jpeg61F00B5C-E42F-4BFB-A8B0-AAF8A3D684B0 (resized).jpeg
#11072 2 years ago

Hi guys, just got the premium 2 weeks ago. Today my kids were playing and this part came off. i wasn’t there so didn’t see where it came from. i looked through the manual and couldn’t find it. does anyone know where this part goes? Death star perhaps?

17899B41-C86F-40D3-88AC-3B7A1CF51157 (resized).jpeg17899B41-C86F-40D3-88AC-3B7A1CF51157 (resized).jpeg
#11073 2 years ago
Quoted from blardo:

Hi guys, just got the premium 2 weeks ago. Today my kids were playing and this part came off. i wasn’t there so didn’t see where it came from. i looked through the manual and couldn’t find it. does anyone know where this part goes? Death star perhaps?
[quoted image]

Looks like the shooter lane gate.

#11074 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Looks like the shooter lane gate.

Boom that’s it. thanks a lot

#11075 2 years ago

I removed all of the balls and checked to make sure they weren't magnetized. I pulled and reced ed the opto connectors. I cleaned the optos. I checked the shooter lane switch and it is tight and functioning correctly. When I did a switched test everything seemed to be working but as the problem is intermittent I don't think that would be helpful in this situation anyway. So how high do you guys have your trough kick out coil set to? I dropped mine all the way down to 176 which is the lowest setting to help prevent sugar lane wear. Could that be the issue? I raised it up to 200 last night and didn't have a problem but I only played a handful of games. Does anyone have their setting at the lowest Number which is 176 and not have a problem?

#11076 2 years ago

I removed all of the balls and checked to make sure they weren't magnetized. I pulled and reced ed the opto connectors. I cleaned the optos. I checked the shooter lane switch and it is tight and functioning correctly. When I did a switched test everything seemed to be working but as the problem is intermittent I don't think that would be helpful in this situation anyway. So how high do you guys have your trough kick out coil set to? I dropped mine all the way down to 176 which is the lowest setting to help prevent sugar lane wear. Could that be the issue? I raised it up to 200 last night and didn't have a problem but I only played a handful of games. Does anyone have their setting at the lowest Number which is 176 and not have a problem?

I do the same thing, turn the trough down all the way before any balls played on all Stern NIBs. I find I usually end up between 185-200 cause of the ball not cleanly making it into the lane at the lowest setting so that very well could of been your issue all along. Ill check mine today see where i have it set.

Edit update- well I just checked mine and it's at 176 and no issues

#11077 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I do the same thing, turn the trough down all the way before any balls played on all Stern NIBs. I find I usually end up between 185-200 cause of the ball not cleanly making it into the lane at the lowest setting so that very well could of been your issue all along. Ill check mine today see where i have it set.

Thanks very much for looking into it. I appreciate your time. I sent Pablo an email. We will see what he says.

#11078 2 years ago

Hyperspace loop trouble. Hyperspace loop adjustment. (Tags for searching)

I was having trouble with my Hyperspace loop after taking it loose to change sling rubber. Most of the posts I found on this thread talked about adjusting it up: the solution was to lower it. The issue I was having was that it would go around a few times, but then would not hold when selecting a mission. It was bouncing so much as it went from the wireform to the ramp that it rattled. I noticed that when I loosened the nut on the side of the DS and moved it down, it bounced less. It seemed that I was going to have to bend the wireform to get it where it needed to be. I then noticed the bushing below. I don't recall removing it, but it's possible I did, and put it below instead of above. After swapping positions, things are working smoothly again, without having to apply pressure to the wireform.

20210621_102517.jpg20210621_102517.jpg
#11079 2 years ago

In an effort to reduce the cheap drains out of the left outlane, I installed a star post.

Mission accomplished. I'll put the post back in, but not wide open, as they were from the factory.

20210621_104919.jpg20210621_104919.jpg
#11080 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

In an effort to reduce the cheap drains out of the left outlane, I installed a star post.
Mission accomplished. I'll put the post back in, but not wide open, as they were from the factory.
[quoted image]

oh dear ! lol of course

meanwhile here, just scored a 9.5B with another visit to the Emperor, and its not even enough to put my name somewhere on the table scores ! nothing, nada, rien !!! in fact my son did now get more than few

#11081 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

[quoted image]

Nice. That left outlane kills me.

#11082 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

+1

mine is at minimum, and working perfect... of course, on a PRO, no magnetized balls !!!

#11083 2 years ago

Absolutely smashed my old Grand Champion score! Han Solo. BOOM !!!

20210623_184554 (resized).jpg20210623_184554 (resized).jpg
#11084 2 years ago

Absolutely smashed my old Grand Champion score! Han Solo. BOOM !!!
[quoted image]

nice ! and see, as said, nothing impossible
how was the game, did you remind what you have done and/or score big ?

#11085 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Still looking for the pin worlds mods (pro) version. Any help much appreciated.

It's possible I may do another run of the Missing Worlds mods, but not until this fall/winter as I've been getting a LOT of renewed interest ever since the comic edition came out.

If I do, I'll make sure to post on this thread with plenty of heads-up

Cheers,
PC

#11086 2 years ago

U would do the pro and premium runs

#11087 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

nice ! and see, as said, nothing impossible
how was the game, did you remind what you have done and/or score big ?

Was super intense...I was shaking! Yeah I save all my scores on Pinside.

#11088 2 years ago

Also, regarding my issue with 2 balls in the shooter lane...Stern is sending me a new pair of trough opto boards.

#11089 2 years ago

Was super intense...I was shaking! Yeah I save all my scores on Pinside.

no lol, i mean, in that game, what have you done to score big ? video mode in X40 ? hyperspace in X40 ? victory lap(s) ?

#11090 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

no lol, i mean, in that game, what have you done to score big ? video mode in X40 ? hyperspace in X40 ? victory lap(s) ?

2 Victory Multiballs (including Hoth for 1st time). 3 mini wizards complete. Won the Lightsaber Duel, Hyperspace Multiball up to 4 balls, and 202 Tie Fighters. Had an end of ball bonus of over 1 billion! Definitely hit a couple 40x shots. It was seriously the most epic game of pinball I have ever experienced!

#11091 2 years ago

It was seriously the most epic game of pinball I have ever experienced!

until your next one

#11092 2 years ago

Hey, does anyone know if they sell plastic airball protectors for the inlanes/flippers like Ghostbusters? After two or three fast combos I try to catch the ball and it jumps off the flipper and goes up and over the inlane into the outline or directly drains. Thanks!

#11093 2 years ago

2 Victory Multiballs (including Hoth for 1st time). 3 mini wizards complete. Won the Lightsaber Duel, Hyperspace Multiball up to 4 balls, and 202 Tie Fighters. Had an end of ball bonus of over 1 billion! Definitely hit a couple 40x shots. It was seriously the most epic game of pinball I have ever experienced!

Quoted from RipleYYY:

until your next one

Whos your guys favorite character to use recently? Ive been using Leia as I like her Hoth missions the best and feel shes the hardest to use. Game has been making me come back more and more recently!

Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey, does anyone know if they sell plastic airball protectors for the inlanes/flippers like Ghostbusters? After two or three fast combos I try to catch the ball and it jumps off the flipper and goes up and over the inlane into the outline or directly drains. Thanks!

What brand of flipper rubbers are you using?

#11094 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Whos your guys favorite character to use recently? Ive been using Leia as I like her Hoth missions the best and feel shes the hardest to use. Game has been making me come back more and more recently!

I rotate through them all consistently. My scores per character in order are:

Han
R2-D2
Luke
Leia

#11095 2 years ago

I rotate through them all consistently. My scores per character in order are:
Han
R2-D2
Luke
Leia

Mine are same except flip R2 and Han. Really Luke has the most missions I think but Leia for some reason it just abit more challenging. I like the missions that are certain characters only like Leias Hoth mission or Lukes Rancor missions, both use the LCD on playfield perfectly also which I really enjoy.

#11096 2 years ago

I’m using the low bounce Titans . Game is as 6.5 degrees

#11097 2 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

I’m using the low bounce Titans . Game is as 6.5 degrees

I have perfect plays on mine but i think stock rubbers would work best to keep them from jumping the best. Maybe ill throw a set on this weekend and give them a try.

#11098 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Mine are same except flip R2 and Han. Really Luke has the most missions I think but Leia for some reason it just abit more challenging. I like the missions that are certain characters only like Leias Hoth mission or Lukes Rancor missions, both use the LCD on playfield perfectly also which I really enjoy.

I love Rancor. Which Hoth is unique for Leia? Any other unique missions? I think Luke has unique Endor mission. I need to pay closer attention.

#11099 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I have perfect plays on mine but i think stock rubbers would work best to keep them from jumping the best. Maybe ill throw a set on this weekend and give them a try.

I have factory rubber. The ball has hopped over the flipper once in almost 500 games.

#11100 2 years ago

I love Rancor. Which Hoth is unique for Leia? Any other unique missions? I think Luke has unique Endor mission. I need to pay closer attention.

You know I'm not sure it is only a Leia mission now that I think about it, it's the one that you hit the 3 bank targets then starts a hurry up. I think your right there's only 2 mission unique to only one character, Luke Endor and Rancor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.