SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 302.
#11001 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Finally got to apply the vinyl I designed and had cut for my mirror blades. I'm very pleased with how they turned out. I can't install them until I get my hinges back from the powdercoat guy.
[quoted image]

Looks great

#11002 2 years ago

Any way to make the flippers a little stronger

#11003 2 years ago

Anyone else feel like this game has made them a better player? I am putting up higher scores on my other games now and they all seem slower...lol.

#11004 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Anyone else feel like this game has made them a better player? I am putting up higher scores on my other games now and they all seem slower...lol.

For sure

#11005 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Whoa! Do you have a Restraining Bolt installed on your pin so it doesn't wander off? BRILLIANT!
[quoted image]

Yup. Keeps it from running off.

#11006 2 years ago

My Comic pro will be delivered on Monday I have close to $900 in mods ready to install, my son and I can’t wait to make this pin ours and start putting up scores! So happy to be apart of this club.
Harley D.

#11007 2 years ago

Lots of mods for this one

#11008 2 years ago

#11009 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

My Comic pro will be delivered on Monday I have close to $900 in mods ready to install, my son and I can’t wait to make this pin ours and start putting up scores! So happy to be apart of this club.
Harley D.

Congrats! Is this a new in the box purchase?

#11010 2 years ago

Yes it is. Hopefully no issues and just enjoyment.

#11011 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Yes it is. Hopefully no issues and just enjoyment.

Impressive getting a comic pro this late in the game.

#11012 2 years ago

Was very lucky my Distro had one left.

#11013 2 years ago

Just got a premium. Holy cow--these machine eats my breakfast! I have such incredibly wide ranges of scores--usually i can barely get far enough to feel like I skimmed the surface. Then randomly, one out of twenty or so games, I end up popping off. Do we all agree that this game is incredibly difficult!?

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#11014 2 years ago

I've owned my Prem since they first came out, and to this day it still kicks my butt. I still can't hit a right orbit except by sheer luck.

#11015 2 years ago
Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

Just got a premium. Holy cow--these machine eats my breakfast! I have such incredibly wide ranges of scores--usually i can barely get far enough to feel like I skimmed the surface. Then randomly, one out of twenty or so games, I end up popping off. Do we all agree that this game is incredibly difficult!?
[quoted image]

Yes , it can be. Getting to the emperor is not easy. There can be frustrations getting all heros out of the death star, I feel like the timer there makes it really tough.

#11016 2 years ago

[quoted image]

It is a hard game, no doubt. But I'm sure that it will make us both better players. Yoda is right, "control, you must have control!"

#11017 2 years ago

I feel like the flippers should be stronger

#11018 2 years ago

Do we all agree that this game is incredibly difficult!?

no

#11019 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I feel your pain. I think... I'm not a complete spaz on the machine, and feel like I can control the ball coming down the middle well enough, but I found that the left outlane eats balls like, well, a lot... With just myself and kids playing, I found this really damped the mood. More importantly, I couldn't figure out the game because I never got far enough ahead to see how things worked. After a few days, I ended up making a mod for this that you can 3-D print to replace the post on that outlane. If you have one, or access to a 3D printer (FDM or Resin) I put the files up on Thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4857256

There are 9 versions with the post at different locations. Mine is the most "aggressive" (see image below).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/215#post-6276590

At some point, I might mesh this with some themed scenic item, but that's not really in my wheelhouse...

--Dan M.

f102f60f679fcda3397c82aaa80bf7e1dd640182 (resized).jpgf102f60f679fcda3397c82aaa80bf7e1dd640182 (resized).jpg
#11020 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

It is a hard game, no doubt. But I'm sure that it will make us both better players. Yoda is right, "control, you must have control!"

I get it. Control. But when the ball gets bouncing between the two triangle bumpers, there's a good chance it's going out the left outlane. What kind of control can you have to stop that from happening? Maybe I need to be slamming the machine around a bit to get it to bounce in advantageous ways. Seems you can do that to some degree without tilting. I've started to do it to keep the ball draining out of the right outlane when the escape isn't active, with mixed results.

Speaking of slamming the machine around: I saw a video of a guy who did a move where the ball was coming down the right outlane, about to drain into the center. He waited until just the right moment and slammed the machine hard to the right so the ball bounced into the left metal wall and then back up the middle into range of the flippers... It didn't tilt the machine, and he got it back... Neat trick. The channel called "Dead Flip" and I'm sure everyone who's into pinball knows about it, but I'm so new to this, I didn't realize it was so popular. Until I saw that shot, I didn't realize what was really possible. Back in the day, when I would go to the arcade with all my paper route money to play pinball, I didn't get to see a lot of good pinball players. The video games were drawing all the players away from the pins, but I still really like playing them.

--Dan M.

#11021 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I feel like the flippers should be stronger

Hey Scott why do you think the flippers need to be stronger, is there some shots your game is struggling to make? If its the Deathstar fork ramp backhand left flipper shot from a craddle thats pretty normal but all the other shots should be easy. I wonder if your game has a good amount of plays on it and needs a flipper rebuild? I cant remember if the settings have flipper power setting ill have to look but id check to see if it does and turn them all the way up first then id do a rebuild.

#11022 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

I get it. Control. But when the ball gets bouncing between the two triangle bumpers, there's a good chance it's going out the left outlane. What kind of control can you have to stop that from happening? Maybe I need to be slamming the machine around a bit to get it to bounce in advantageous ways. Seems you can do that to some degree without tilting. I've started to do it to keep the ball draining out of the right outlane when the escape isn't active, with mixed results.
Speaking of slamming the machine around: I saw a video of a guy who did a move where the ball was coming down the right outlane, about to drain into the center. He waited until just the right moment and slammed the machine hard to the right so the ball bounced into the left metal wall and then back up the middle into range of the flippers... It didn't tilt the machine, and he got it back... Neat trick. The channel called "Dead Flip" and I'm sure everyone who's into pinball knows about it, but I'm so new to this, I didn't realize it was so popular. Until I saw that shot, I didn't realize what was really possible. Back in the day, when I would go to the arcade with all my paper route money to play pinball, I didn't get to see a lot of good pinball players. The video games were drawing all the players away from the pins, but I still really like playing them.
--Dan M.

Its called a death save

#11023 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Its called a death save

And it's illegal in tournaments.

SW is the only game I've ever played where it does the death save on its own. Sometimes the right outlane drains with so much speed the ball will bounce back between the flippers. I've had it happen quite a few times. Never before on other games.

#11024 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

I feel your pain. I think... I'm not a complete spaz on the machine, and feel like I can control the ball coming down the middle well enough, but I found that the left outlane eats balls like, well, a lot... I ended up making a mod for this that you can 3-D print to replace the post on that outlane.

This is the thing I don't get. I've been reading on how bad the left oulane was so I printed a bunch of those posts while I waited for my game to arrive (Prem). I've had it a month now and we play a LOT. I wanted to see how it was while stock and frankly the left oulane is no worse than any other of my games. I didn't even move the factory post to the tightest position. My GF who plays OK but gets frustrated easy doesn't find it bad at all.

STTNG and JP are much worse for us.

#11025 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

This is the thing I don't get. I've been reading on how bad the left oulane was so I printed a bunch of those posts while I waited for my game to arrive (Prem). I've had it a month now and we play a LOT. I wanted to see how it was while stock and frankly the left oulane is no worse than any other of my games. I didn't even move the factory post to the tightest position. My GF who plays OK but gets frustrated easy doesn't find it bad at all.
STTNG and JP are much worse for us.

This gets me to thinking now... After playing for a while, and seeing completely new players play, I will say that I think part of the problem is that new players are pretty much spazes with the flippers, so they're not trying to control the ball or the shots, and the ball is bouncing around a lot more randomly rather than with any control. Control would probably keep it from draining out the left so much... It is also why I made a few of those posts to be a lot less aggressive. Barely sitting out from the original position.

Honestly, I appreciate all the feedback. As I've said many times, I'm newly re-introduced to pinball and never was a "regular" player to begin with. But I do feel like I have some control now, compared to when I started. Thanks.

--Dan M.

#11026 2 years ago

Regarding the left post, it looks to me like there was a bit of a fuck up and it shouldn't be so tight to the rail to the point that the ring is squished. I've played around with some mods to it and a little out to the inside (even a few mm) of the playfield makes a considerable difference. I decided to leave it stock in the end, most of my drains are from the physical ball launch after hitting one of the tie fighter targets anyways and I get a ball save in those instances.

#11027 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Regarding the left post, it looks to me like there was a bit of a fuck up and it shouldn't be so tight to the rail to the point that the ring is squished. I've played around with some mods to it and a little out to the inside (even a few mm) of the playfield makes a considerable difference. I decided to leave it stock in the end, most of my drains are from the physical ball launch after hitting one of the tie fighter targets anyways and I get a ball save in those instances.

Same. 40% of my launches go straight out the left outlane after the tie fighter targets but with the ball save it's all good. During game play it's comparable to other games.

#11028 2 years ago

dont forget :

sure, control is the key (same as all pins)
but on SW, most of the modes running are timed/hurry up, than while you get in control, think quickly on what to shot next (in fact, you need to know even before you're getting control of the ball)
than you must add the multiplicators factor in all this, and yes, playing that way, SW is a hard pin ... but ok, step by step, slowly, evbdy will improve

enjoy !

#11029 2 years ago

My comic pro arrived today, I spent 4 hours adding mods and bulletproofing the pin. It looks so much better in person, Im pretty sure my son shit his pants when I turned it on for the first time.
Harley D.

04D866A4-1B21-40D6-A940-ECC162431904 (resized).jpeg04D866A4-1B21-40D6-A940-ECC162431904 (resized).jpeg0572CD7D-1F21-4D64-A6E8-878C28B48934 (resized).jpeg0572CD7D-1F21-4D64-A6E8-878C28B48934 (resized).jpeg76E622B0-14F0-4984-99D3-11FCFCCFCE5F (resized).jpeg76E622B0-14F0-4984-99D3-11FCFCCFCE5F (resized).jpegAFB08AAE-951D-43E3-8BE1-AADD664AF4B5 (resized).jpegAFB08AAE-951D-43E3-8BE1-AADD664AF4B5 (resized).jpeg
#11030 2 years ago

Looks great! Links for Millennium Falcon and Star Destroyer? How are they mounted? Under what circumstances does the Millennium Falcon light up?

#11031 2 years ago

Falcon is from Lermods and Star destroyer is from the mod father. Both come with brackets. Both are top notch.

#11032 2 years ago

What the best way to get multipliers in this game?

#11033 2 years ago

Purchased NIB Star Wars Premium 2 weeks ago. Have played over 200 games so far and unable to see Video Mode. Any suggestions? I'm thinking we just don't know the game well enough but tried to trigger it manually, the ball just gets released and the game continues on. Have never seen the astroid field yet.

#11034 2 years ago
Quoted from Techie:

Purchased NIB Star Wars Premium 2 weeks ago. Have played over 200 games so far and unable to see Video Mode. Any suggestions? I'm thinking we just don't know the game well enough but tried to trigger it manually, the ball just gets released and the game continues on. Have never seen the astroid field yet.

Have you updated the code?

#11035 2 years ago
Quoted from Techie:

If you're on latest code, shooting the Hoth shot a few times should light it up and start it

#11036 2 years ago

Still looking for the pin worlds mods (pro) version. Any help much appreciated.

#11037 2 years ago

Still unable to see Video Mode, game code on pin when it arrived was 1.10.0 I downloaded a new copy from Stern website and re-installed. Still does not work. When going up the Hoth ramp I think it was in Endor mode and it gives you choices on the screen. ie: Speeder Bike Chase, Throne Room Duel, etc. if a choice is not made immediately the ball is released from below the death star and no response from flippers. Ball is lost. Has this happened to anyone else? Suggestions? Thank you.

#11038 2 years ago
Quoted from Techie:

Still unable to see Video Mode, game code on pin when it arrived was 1.10.0 I downloaded a new copy from Stern website and re-installed. Still does not work. When going up the Hoth ramp I think it was in Endor mode and it gives you choices on the screen. ie: Speeder Bike Chase, Throne Room Duel, etc. if a choice is not made immediately the ball is released from below the death star and no response from flippers. Ball is lost. Has this happened to anyone else? Suggestions? Thank you.

first of all, let's suppose you're on "factory settings"... if not, set it as it

#11039 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

What the best way to get multipliers in this game?

i dont understand the question
simply shoot the 3 bank targets... you can than go up to X20
than shoot the drops, and there you can get an overall X2 playfield, that means X40 for the X shoot
dont forget to keep this alive, this is the big task in this game, as shooting the bank targets is always a dangerous shot (much less from right flipper)

#11040 2 years ago
Quoted from Techie:

Go into the service menu, select diagnosis, then go to the right until you find tech and select it. See if it shows any tech alerts like a stuck switch.

#11041 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Still looking for the pin worlds mods (pro) version. Any help much appreciated.

Such a badass mod.

#11042 2 years ago

Im a little late in the game, I bought a comic pro for my sons birthday and when I showed him what could be added on, these were the mods he asked me to get. I didn’t realize they are no longer being produced by the original modder. Hoping someone bought a set that they never installed.
Harley D.

#11043 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Im a little late in the game, I bought a comic pro for my sons birthday and when I showed him what could be added on, these were the mods he asked me to get. I didn’t realize they are no longer being produced by the original modder. Hoping someone bought a set that they never installed.
Harley D.

I think the original maker made the files available to print yourself if you can do that.

#11044 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think the original maker made the files available to print yourself if you can do that.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a 3d printer but it was very kind of him to do that for our community.

#11045 2 years ago

Hey considering getting a Comic Pro/or Premium when I move into my new house for the family. I have read a few different things here on Pinside and I am not completely sure where to go for my answers so I figured here would be as good of a place to ask my questions as any. Does anyone know if they making more of the comic book versions of this pin? I would prefer the Premium but I keep seeing that it is "retired" and most people who have them are holding on to them. Do we know for sure there will not be any more made on one last run or something of that nature? I am seeing some differing information regarding the pro with some people saying that there will be one more run of comic book pros and some saying there will not be. Anyone know for sure anything about the pros? Thanks for your help and sorry if these questions may have been answered already.

#11046 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Hey considering getting a Comic Pro/or Premium when I move into my new house for the family. I have read a few different things here on Pinside and I am not completely sure where to go for my answers so I figured here would be as good of a place to ask my questions as any. Does anyone know if they making more of the comic book versions of this pin? I would prefer the Premium but I keep seeing that it is "retired" and most people who have them are holding on to them. Do we know for sure there will not be any more made on one last run or something of that nature? I am seeing some differing information regarding the pro with some people saying that there will be one more run of comic book pros and some saying there will not be. Anyone know for sure anything about the pros? Thanks for your help and sorry if these questions may have been answered already.

Comic Pro and Comic Premium were officially retired. There will not be any more made. Anyone who ends up with a NIB Comic at this point is buying leftover stock from the previous production runs. There maybe a handful left. Maybe. If you prefer the Comic art just keep an eye out for a used one.

#11047 2 years ago

Comic Pro and Comic Premium were officially retired. There will not be any more made. Anyone who ends up with a NIB Comic at this point is buying leftover stock from the previous production runs. There maybe a handful left. Maybe. If you prefer the Comic art just keep an eye out for a used one.

Any reasons as to why it was such a limited run? I thought they sold better than the original movie versions?

#11048 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Any reasons as to why it was such a limited run? I thought they sold better than the original movie versions?

Only Stern knows for sure. If it had sold better than the original art I am sure they would still be in production...I actually much prefer the movie art as the game is based on the original movie trilogy. The comic art on its own is pretty cool (except the weird font) but when coupled with the movie scenes on the LCD...it doesn't work together in my opinion.

#11049 2 years ago

Only Stern knows for sure. If it had sold better than the original art I am sure they would still be in production...I actually much prefer the movie art as the game is based on the original movie trilogy. The comic art on its own is pretty cool (except the weird font) but when coupled with the movie scenes on the LCD...it doesn't work together in my opinion.

I like it but I could see why some would not like the mesh. Maybe I can snag the last NIB in a couple months or get a good deal on a used one. Anyway thanks for the info.

#11050 2 years ago

What games do you consider difficult that have been released in the last 5 years? I like difficult games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/221?hl=scott8806 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.